• Pros

• "I love how easily this works with cosmolex. The integration is perfect and makes billing almost effortless for me. "

• "So easy to set up and start getting paid. Have noticed an uptick in receivables. "

• "Easy to use. input the information and run the payment"

• Cons

• "I don't like how we have to reverify from each computer when another person in the office uses the software, but also appreciate that its part of the security process. "

• "Not that this is a con, but every now and then I have to get a "code" sent to my email before it allows me to sign back in. I understand that this is a safety measure and do appreciate that. "

• "It requires a lot of information and i wish it would sometimes recognize input information from before"

Browse LawPay Reviews

Andrew from Wood Law Firm, P.A.

Love LawPay

Pros

Cons

Nothing. Very happy. Of course, would always like the cost to a little lower.

Marisa from Lawvex, LLP

LawPay is a game changer for processing payments!

My overall experience with using LawPay has been pleasant. I always recommend LawPay to other firms that I work with.

Pros

I have really enjoyed the simplicity of using LawPay. Our firm has been using LawPay for all online transactions for years and years. I love how fees are able to be sorted by the Trust and Operating Accounts. I also love how our clients can pay their invoices easily. This not only saves us time by having to follow up continuously for payment information, instead they have the option to do that on their time and in the comfort of their home. Did I mention that you are able to send specific payment amount requests to clients? LawPay has made sending payment requests easier than ever!

Cons

So far I have not encountered any problems while using LawPay. I love their exceptional customer service as well.

DOROTHYKAYE from rebecca smith law firm

Industry: Law Practice

Very Easy to Learn to Use and Use!

LawPay solved our problem by reducing credit card fees and by providing a simple method of requesting payment or trust account replenishment from our clients.

Pros

What I like most about this software is it is an uncomplicated way to send payment links to clients and to take in-office payments or payments by phone. The big plus is the lower credit card fees than what we were paying through MyCase. I LOVE the Dashboard feature which allows me to view who has paid without having to click around the site to find out. The software doesn't contain a bunch of useless features. It helps me accomplish exactly what I need to.

Cons

One of the Cons would be the ability to generate a detailed invoice. There are many times when I need to create an invoice for a potential new client or for just a consult. I don't have a case created I just need an invoice.

Reasons for Choosing LawPay

No other alternative products were considered.

Robert from Cates Law PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

A great asset for any law practice

Overall a great resource for any practitioner--but especially a solo looking for an affordable and modern solution for merchant processing.

Pros

The flexibility of use of the merchant processor by far is its best asset--from emailing invoices to clients for them to pay via a secure webpage to automated payments for payment plans. Also, the option of linking Lawpay to both operating and trust (IOLTA) accounts is great.

Cons

No option for charging credit/debit cards outside the United States--it is unfortunate that Lawpay has not yet created an option for practices that rely on clients that are foreign nationals or are temporarily abroad. The other more inconvenience more than anything else is that Lawpay's merchant fees are not accessible on the web portal, rather, you have to rely on monthly statements by mail (or check bank statements).

Curtis from The Founder's Attorney

Industry: Law Practice

If you use it right can make it very easy to accept payment

Customer payments. It is a great solution if your business is sending out invoices. The fees that they take whether debt or credit are pretty high.

Pros

The dashboard is good and intuitive. Easy to send out bills and invoices. The payment links are easy to follow and probably the best feature of LawPay.

Cons

The canned emails are not great. You need to re-write with your own specific message or better yet copy the link and send it in an email or as a link in your invoices. The fees are very high and I hate that they send the statements in the mail and they are not accessible online.

Rachel from Hurdle Law Firm PLLC

Simple and functional

LawPay makes it super easy for us to take card payments. It replaced PayPal, which isn't suited to the kind of accounting we have. LawPay is specifically designed to work with legal bookkeeping software.

Pros

LawPay blends seamlessly with Cosmolex, so we can process card payments from the software we actually use daily. LawPay automatically generates invoices which we can email to customers. The only time we actually have to go to the LawPay website is to process a refund, which I think we've done once in the approximately three years we've used this software.

Cons

The card swipe function seems redundant to me, but that could just be the nature of our business. It's faster for me to type in card information than swipe - not really a complaint, just a personal preference.

Jessica from ADLI Law Group

LawPay Usage

I would recommend LawPay to other law firms for usage. The only issue is that the website requires more information than other credit card payment portals. Not all payments automatically apply towards invoices. However, it is easy to use because you send the link or email for the client to use to pay directly.

Pros

Easy to use. Can request money through the LawPay portal. Keep track of income per month. Customer service are quick to assist. Client are able to pay via online quick and easy.

Cons

LawPay doesn't always email when a payment comes in. Have to check portal daily. Not all payments will manually apply towards invoices. Sometimes, it's hard to search for reports. Webpage looks simple but it's not as simple as it seems. However, customer service is good.

Arthur from Calderon Law

Industry: Law Practice

Wonderful product for getting paid

Fantastic tool. I plan on continuing to use this product as long as I can.

Pros

The ease of setting up this product and the ease of use is second to none. The added bonus is that the associated service fee makes sure that we don't have to spend any more money than is necessary to facilitate a transaction.

Cons

There is really not a whole lot to complain about concerning this product. At first, the user interface was a little tricky to figure out; however, once they updated the software, it cured all problems.

Sidney from Taylor & Taylor Law Firm

Lawpay

Law pay is so simple to use and fantastic.

Pros

I like that a receipt is automatically emailed to the client and to the attorneys of the firm upon payment being made.

Cons

Clients have said they would like to be able to save payment methods to use each month when they make payments and the software doesnt allow for that.

Sarah from Eskew Law

Love This Portal

I am able to keep clients up to date with their account.

Pros

This portal is so easy to move through, and the clients have an easy time pay their statements. I can easily update client accounts with payments, entering time and review statements.

Cons

I can not think of one thing that i do not like about this portal. I just love this portal. I wish we would have found this portal sooner.

Perfect solution for credit card billing for lawyers

Overall my experience with LawPay has been great.

Pros

LawPay is very easy to use, I always just use the QuickBill feature which allows me to quickly email a bill to a client. I can resend the bill and edit it afterwards if needed. My law firm is fully digital, so LawPay is great, I never send out paper bills. It also is great for complying with ethical rules related to trust accounts and credit card billing - almost all of my credit card bills are processed for up front payments into trust.

Cons

They have not yet switched to paperless monthly statements, so those come in the mail. I'd prefer paperless. Also, if you process a payment and issue a refund the same day, it will simply show up as a single transaction for the sum of the two - this complicates accounting, for me, in QuickBooks, which cannot handle a deposit and a withdrawal from an account in a single transaction. The complication is that when I do reconciliation in QuickBooks my bank account always shows a transaction I have to remember to ignore because I had to record it as two transactions.

Alicia from Bellatrix PC

Easiest Way for Lawyers to Process Cards

LawPay doesn't have all the features as other processors like Square and Stripe. But with a little creativity (and their customer support is willing to work with you and give you ideas), you can make LawPay work for your practice. Best of all, it works seamlessly with Clio, which makes taking payments from clients who are already established with invoicing very easy.

Pros

Law Pay is the easiest way to process credit cards for lawyers. It's easy to designate between trust accounting and my other accounts. I am never worried that it will be wrong. The funds process pretty quickly. It works seamlessly with Clio.

Cons

You cannot download your monthly statements from the web portal, which is very annoying and makes accounting more difficult. You also cannot sync it with your accounting software. You also cannot do card checks without charging (such as getting a card to secure a free consultation). So it's not a sophisticated software.

Jerry from Law Office of Jerry L Garner

Industry: Law Practice

The Mercedes of Law Payments, perfect for complying with ethics rulings.

Allowing more options for clients to pay by. I do think different areas of law will vary greatly on the return of investment for this service.

Pros

Not all clients are able to pull money straight out of a bank or get a loan. It gives my clients another option for payment. It's nice being able to tell them all their choices for payments. It makes my clients ease of use for my services better. The reader works well with older gen phones as I have. Payments are processed swiftly and are available with fees already deducted.

Cons

The fees for this service are really something you need to take into account. My payment is monthly, and for every transaction, some percent of fee taken out, along with all the card fees charged by the issuer. This can make this service quite expensive to use. Also I really don't get many clients who even use it, maybe one every few months. So the fee goes to waste a lot. But, with all that being said, I wouldn't get rid of it. The reason solely being to allow my clients to have the most options for payments.

CeCe from Raza & Jones

Industry: Law Practice

First time user and its easy

on my very first day here there was no one to help me and of course the first call i got was to run a payment. All tabs down the side were self explanatory for me running said payment and inputting the information. If it hadnt been that easy to use i would not have been in a good situation that day

Pros

Easy to use. input the information and run the payment

Dana from Freeman Wine LLC

Great for Attorneys

Pros

Law Pay has been great for our firm. It is nice to have a processing company that accommodates for unique issues attorneys face with trust accounting. The features are helpful and it is easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Law Pay.

Great product for lawyers

Pros

It is simple. It integrates with my practice management software and syncs with quickbook. The dashboard makes it easy to see transactions and payment requests. There are various ways to collect payment such as sending a secure link, swiping a card in the office, or manually entering the details.

Cons

It is a bit pricey. But I understand that lawyers have an ally with ungrateful client chargebacks. I haven't had to test that yet, but I'm willing to pay a little more for a company that understands the unique issues that lawyers face.

Stephen from The Law Office of Stephen P. Shepard, LLC

Best Credit Card Processor for Attorneys

LawPay saves my firm money on credit card processing fees and offers my clients a very convenient way to pay invoices and trust retainers.

Pros

LawPay is the best credit card processor for attorneys because it offers competitive rates, separates operating and trust fund transactions, has a mobile app, and is backed by fantastic customer support.

Cons

The only minor con about LawPay is the lack of quality card readers that are available (e.g., a Bluetooth credit card reader that links to the mobile app would be awesome).

Rebecca from JV Dell PC

Love the integration with Cosmolex

We love the integration with Cosmolex. We were using lawpay before, but did not have it linked to our account so we were still having to enter everything into cosmolex. Now when they pay through the link, it processes and pays the invoice automatically!

Easy to Use and Low Fees

So far, the experience has been good. The fees are low for what you're getting and they never draw money out of the trust account. This is an easy and simple way to get retainers from clients and to get bills paid.

Pros

This program is extremely user friendly. There are several positives when using this program as opposed to others. First, you can send a link directly to clients in order for them to pay their bills online with a credit/debit card or by e-check. This makes the process streamlined and easy. Further, you can re-charge a client instead of having to enter their information every time they call to make a payment. This cuts down on time and makes the payment process easy and effective.

Cons

Occasionally, the software doesn't send e-mails to clients right away, which can delay things a bit. Further, you cannot see the client's card number in the event that you need that information. Otherwise, the program does what it is supposed to do.

Kasondra from Ward Law Firm

Great system

Pros

LawPay is very easy to use. It allows you to have multiple accounts listed to apply payment to trust or operating. It is set up to take automatic payments and allows you to adjust when they are taken, or up to how much is taken before paid.

Sabrina from Law Firm of Sabrina R Clark

Great program

I have had a really good experience with LawPay. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

The customer service is great. They are super responsive and quickly take care of things. The program is easy to use for me and the clients. I also like that they have CLE hours and their Coffee with LawPay to show how to use features of the program and answer questions the attorneys have.

Cons

I do not have anything that I dislike about it. I guess if I had to pick something, it would be that I have to call each time I need to make a bank account change. But, that is for protection and the representative is very helpful and quickly takes care of it.

Reasons for Choosing LawPay

The price is great and it's easy to use.

Sarah from The Yeatts Law Firm, LLC

Very pleased!

Pros

The website is clean and simple and very easy to navigate!

Cons

I wish it would save the card information each time so you wouldn't have to input the information in again every time. I'm sure that would violate some privacy law, though, so it's understandable but we still have to fill this part out :)

Jasmine from Hansberry & Jourdonnais, PLLC

Great for law firms

Overall LawPay is great for law firms in today's era of online and credit card payments.

Pros

LawPay is great for law firms in today's era of online and credit card payments. It allows us to accept payments faster and easier for our clients and keep our collection rates above average.

Cons

The only downside to LawPay is that the credit card fees can be substantially high for collecting larger client balances.

Elan from The Weinreb Law Firm, PLLC

LawPay - Get Paid Using It

LawPay allows me to accept credit card payments and other electronic payments for my law practice, making my practice more marketable and customer-friendly than it otherwise might be.

Pros

LawPay allows me to accept credit card payments for my law practice and is one of the best values around for a practicing attorney who does not already take credit cards.

Cons

The e-Check service is hideously slow. Yes, you only pay a flat fee of $2.00 per item. However, it sometimes takes EIGHT business days for a check to clear -- and this is through ACH.

Meg from The Hawk Firm

Best Way for Law Firms to Take Payments

Pros

With LawPay, it is easy to set up accounts for our staff members and attorneys to receive payments from clients. Being able to take Trust account payments is convenient as well.

Cons

Deposit/transaction reports aren't the greatest.

Shelby from Drew Law

Easy to use!

We have loved the additional income that LawPay helps us process. It is so nice to be able to email the link to our clients to pay Invoices with ease.

Pros

Very user friendly! Easy data entry for information for the payment. Adding Credit Card processing has help our accounts receivable

Cons

Final receipts are not very user friendly to print.

Ryan from Heighton Law

Industry: Law Practice

Functional solution for practices with mixed accounts

Pros

The ability to send links for payment to either operating or trust accounts is excellent and necessary for my defence practice. The ability to send links for remote payment and automatic receipt generation is also excellent.

Cons

The GUI is not particularly attractive and could use a bit of work, but this does not impact functionality.

Help your clients pay you

Pros

Our firm has not had any complaints about using this software to pay their legal bills.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints with this software; I would choose it again given the chance.

Michael from Michael E. Bryant, Attorney at Law

Law Pay makes my life easier

It is integrated with Clio. This means that I don't have to manually enter data from the card processor to Clio. In the past, when I would forget to do this, my books would be unbalanced and I would have to go searching for the what I forgot to enter. Saves me time with I balance my books.

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive. It seamlessly links with Clio, and keeps me from having to track and enter additional data.

Cons

It is a bit more expensive than other credit card processing systems I've used in the past. It also isn't as quick to pay as other processing systems I've used before.

LaShawn from Gertler Law Group

Law Pay Review

The overall experience with Law Pay is excellent.

Pros

Law Pay is an excellent. Using law pay, law firms are able to get paid faster. Most of the clients have credit cards which they would prefer using instead of sending out checks.

Cons

Nothing. This is one of the best programs I have encountered.