Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"We like the simple integration with our scheduling and invoicing software."
  • icon"We have clients that want to accept payments on their websites, whether it's for future or past services (so not e-commerce) and had been looking for the most affordable way to do so."
  • icon"PayJunction has been a super convenient and helpful solution with instantaneous access to customer profiles and capture data."
  • icon"This was incredibly annoying and ultimately was the reason we switched away from the system because if the user closed the browser before the data was processed then it was lost."
  • icon"I have had no difficulty using the software, other than occasionally requiring refresh or hard reboot of the terminal if there has been a power outage."
  • icon"Limits on transactions and occasional confusing aspects of the software."

Have you used PayJunction and would like to share your experience with others?

All PayJunction Reviews

Nathan

Great Support

I would highly recommend Pay Junction!

My overall experience has been wonderful from day one starting with our account rep to every day use of the system.

Pros

pay junction makes it easy for us to take patient's payments over the phone because we can email the charge directly to them to sign while still on the phone.

Cons

I don't have any cons about pay junction.

Response from PayJunction

Thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear that you've made use of our system to take more convenient and secure phone orders.

Replied October 2018

Nathan

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great Support

Customer service has been great. Very easy to use the software once cards are uploaded.

Pros

I loved that I was able to get a competitive rate. Once the cards were in the system, it is easy to set up payments and re-occuring payments also. When I have had issues, customer service has been very helpful.

Cons

Switching companies means uploading all the cards again. That is a very long process that I don't believe is unique to this company. So outside of that, I really can't think of what I don't like about this software.

Reasons for switching to PayJunction

Cheaper rates.

Amanda

Very straight-forward software. Easy to navigate and use even for first-time users.

Lower credit card processing fees.

Pros

Very easy to use with minimal training. Interface looks clean, simple, and organized. Also like how the payment methods actually look like the physical item (e-check looks like an actual paper check, Visa card has the Visa logo on it, etc.) which makes distinguishing between multiple payment options very simple.

Cons

No easy way to sort/view customers by the company name instead of the cardholder name. Wish VERY MUCH that there was an option to customize the customer list so we could add a column to view the cardholder name AND company name, and then also sort the columns. Also want to see the company name in the data fields when viewing the Recurring Accounts list. I have to cross-reference this EVERY time I have to verify which of our customers are on auto-pay as we don't refer to them based on cardholder name, but by the name of their company. Example: Joe at Smith Masonry calls and asks to update the card we have on file for their recurring payment, but the current card we have isn't under Joe's name and he doesn't know offhand which name it IS under. I have to export the full Recurring Accounts list to an Excel file in order to see the company name each account is associated with, JUST so I can tell Joe that the old card was under his assistant Jenna's name. Then I have to cancel the recurring payment under Jenna's customer account name, create a whole NEW customer account since the new cardholder is now Joe, and set up the recurring payment once more under Joe's name. Not even done yet! Because when creating new recurring payments, entering the company name isn't even an available field yet! You have to save it first, go back to the Recurring Accounts list, reopen it, hit Edit, and THEN type in the company name. TOO MANY STEPS for something so simple.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Amanda, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have two workarounds to share with you. 1) To view the companies in the customer list, you simply need to export the list. Here's some information about that: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/214407668-How-do-I-export-my-contacts- 2) The field names that appear in the recurring accounts are based on the columns set in the 'Recent' section. You'll want to edit the columns to have "Company" as one of them. You can do this by navigating on the top right corner of the Recent page. There, you'll find an "Edit Columns" button.

Laura

Signing up for Payjunction was so easy and our representative was very helpful.

quick transactions, easy to use

Pros

Payjunction is very user friendly. Simply enter your information for the client along with the amount and you are done. I love that we can void transactions or edit transactions. Payjunction chip reader is so quick our clients are continually commenting about not having to wait! It is much quicker than our previous software. I like the internet connection which I believe helps with the speed of our transactions.

Cons

The only thing I like least is that when the power is out or internet is down we are unable to operate,,BUT...that's with any credit card processing.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Laura, We're glad to hear that your customers are delighted by the Smart Terminal! During power outages we offer phone charge, which allows you to call a number and process a transaction when this occurs. You can learn more about phone charge here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/210469378-How-do-I-activate-my-Phone-Charge-account- Additionally, our mobile app, which is in beta, will be usable in lieu of phone charge.

KIMBERLY

We run two companies using Pay Junction and we are very satisfied.

Pros

We get our money fast and it is very easy to use and setup. Support is great and very easy to reach a real person. Outstanding customer service!

Cons

We really are satisfied with the software and if we could get a chip reader for less money that would be a real perk. Not willing to pay the going rate to protect ourselves as we are in a community and area that hasn't had to worry about fraud issues. I also would like a signer pad that did not have such a glare with light. It's probably something that can be updated, but I have never been asked or offered any updated equipment.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Kimberly, We're glad to hear that you're satisfied with your service to date! Unfortunately, this is the only signature pad that we offer at this time. If you're looking for discounted equipment, you can contact your sales point of contact to discuss your options.

Jeanne

My applications tend to go quite smoothly. Customer Support is wonderful!

Pros

It is relatively easy to use and to correct errors if you make them. It holds the last numbers of cards you have processed previously so you don't have to type in the entire number for repeat customers. And, you can search by name as well as by number.

Cons

I don't like the automatic "send a signed receipt" button. I don't want all those emails coming back to me. I always click it off. This may be something our I.T. Dept could amend.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jeanne, We're glad to hear that you've experienced a seamless experience using PayJunction. Feel free to ring into our support line should you want assistance with the "send a signed receipt" button. If you don't like the automatic "send a signed receipt" button, you can simply call our support team at 800-601-0230 to have it turned off.

Jeanette

very easy to process charges, voids and refunds.

Pros

I like the fact that you can pull up reports with ease. As well as all transaction history either from the daily reports or from the search button. Issuing refunds and voiding transactions are also very easy and I like that it sends the customer a copy of the receipt when issuing a refund.

Cons

I was told we can't issue a refund after a year unless we contact customer services. That is the only thing I do not like about the software.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jeanette, We're glad that using PayJunction has been beneficial overall! We apologize for the inconvenience of having to call support, but this is a security precaution that we take any time a card hasn't been charged in over a year or has never been charged. Should you want more clarification, you can find it here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/210469308-What-Is-a-UC-Uncharged-Refund-Decline-Code- We love helping customers just like you, so please give us a ring should you ever be in need.

Richard

Great product and customer service.

Pros

The ability to email receipts and look up past transactions. Flawless processing and great archiving.

Cons

No concerns other than lack of function if no internet. Don't like minimum monthly usage fees which don't show up on statments.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Richard, We're glad you like our product! During power outages we offer phone charge, which allows you to call a number and process a transaction when this occurs. You can learn more about phone charge here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/210469378-How-do-I-activate-my-Phone-Charge-account- Additionally, our mobile app, which is in beta, will be usable in lieu of phone charge.

Diana

Best service ever.

User friendly, Integration with current EMR, customer service.

Pros

personalized assistance, Best service ever. Every time I have had a question, customer rep. has been my go to guy. He is an asset to the company . User friendly , the features and functionality are a plus, the overall quality exceeds the competitors. Integrates with our current EMR perfect

Response from PayJunction

Hi Diana, We're so glad you've loved using our product!

Tom

Quick SmartTerminal

Pros

The SmartTerminals process chip-enabled credit cards very quickly (3-4 seconds) which our patients love.

Cons

The online payment portal is not integrated with our billing system. Patient payments online require manual posting to enter our billing system.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Tom, Thank you for sharing your feedback on Capterra! We have dozens of integrations with patient management systems. Perhaps looking to see if we're integrated or can integrate with your provider would be a great next step.

Janet

We have been using PayJunction since 2016 and find it very user friendly.

Data is stored with patient details, making it faster to charge the card the next time you use it.

Pros

The recurring credit card function, as well as cancelling the transaction in the same day (before 7 pm).

Cons

When you use the "find" function, the site option does not default to the user, but rather where the card was last charged. This creates balancing issues between sites within the same company.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Janet, Thank you for this feedback. When searching for a user, it's best to use the search field "user" to find those transactions. Or you can add new batches.

Mahala

I am very pleased with the user friendly website and the very helpful customer service, very helpful

Pros

I like the ease of use with running cards and the user friendly website. It makes it a breeze to run transactions.

Cons

The only time we have had issues, was on registration days and the limit was exceeded. Thankfully, this was an easy fix by making a phone call to Payjunction.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Mahala, We're glad you called into our technical support line for assistance. To increase your limits, simply follow the instructions noted here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/211053798-How-do-I-increase-my-processing-limits-

Kathy

This has been great to use. Very happy

Pros

This is very user friendly and if we experience any difficulties we just call and someone is very helpful to assist in problem solving. Everyone has been very supportive and is very helpful. The installation was very easy.

Cons

Sometimes there might a glitch in syncing with sycle but for the most part no real negative opinion.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Kathy, We're glad you've had a positive experience using our software and contacting support for assistance.

Brian

PayJunction - so glad I changed companies

Customer Service and the install departments are top notch. I would highly recommend this company!

Pros

Ease of use .... looking up, re-printed, issuing credits all at your finger tips!

Cons

We would always like to pay less in fees

Response from PayJunction

Hi Brian, we're glad to hear that you find PayJunction so easy to use! Everyone loves to save money, which is why we don't charge our customers any unethical billing fees. That said, you may contact your sales rep to discuss your rates at any time.

Replied October 2018

Gerardo

Using PayJunction is quick and very user friendly!

Pros

Not much training required, excellent user interface makes using it quick and easy! Can easy void and cancel transactions and pull any needed reports.

Cons

The only drawback is that the terminal is a little bulky, but other than that I do not see any drawbacks

Response from PayJunction

Hi Gerardo, We're glad to hear our system has been helpful for your business and easy to use!

Ladonna