(1,505)

1,505

Browse Stripe Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 1972 results

Nayeli from Code Queen LLC

Daily business necessity that makes my business run smoother

Not only is their system intuitive, but the customer service agents ACTUALLY like to help you! No fake smiles over the phone or loud exhaling and strained voices. You know which ones I mean ---- the kind you get from employees that don't like their job and it feels like it is a burden to help you. Yeah ---- NEVER have I experienced this with Stripe. They have a beautiful online system, they have happy employees ---- that can only mean Stripe really knows how to stay in business. And THAT is very important for my business because I use them on a daily basis. I love the way I can integrate Stripe onto many online applications for my business --- and continue to have 1 account to manage it all. I love that I can be added as a contributor to other Stripe accounts and access them via 1 single dashboard without needing to login again. Not only does this help me run my business but I am also able to offer custom coding services to others who have Stripe accounts that are trying to implement custom payments on their Wix sites via coding. I love the product and subscriptions payments --- I am able to easily integrate with programs that use my custom Stripe product page for payments so my branding stays consistent. I love that I can have instant pay out or 1 day pay out. I just love Stripe all around and I recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I love how easy the onboarding process was. The dashboard is so intuitive, modern and sleek. When you forget to do something, the notifications remind you of any missing steps you need to complete. I have been using Stripe for over 5 years and when I needed to update my legal documents due to a marriage, the customer service agents were amazing to work with. It went a lot faster than working with the bank! It was very convenient to receive document upload links via text and email. I was blown away that the customer service agent that I was speaking to over the phone was instantly seeing all the documentation I was uploading ---- so he was able to expedite the auditing & approval right away!

Cons

It would be amazing if they would update their mobile app so I can do more on the go. Now with longer wait times at doctors offices --- or traffic jams or on the road ---- it would be great if I could do more from my phone instead of having to log into a laptop. I want to be able to create a client via the Stripe mobile app. I would like to check on my Capital loan. I would like to cancel an invoice via the app or basically manage the basics from my cell phone. Currently the main purpose of the phone is to view transactions, and that's it.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I didn't like the Square dashboard. I don't have physical products so I had not use for their POS system. They do not integrate easily with other online applications. They don't have an easy API to integrate. It does not integrate with Wix for subscription products. And their customer service was less than helpful when trying to engage with them before onboarding.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Because Wells Fargo had high fee rates and they did not integrate easily with other online apps. Not to mention, their customer support is horrendous.

Abele from Games Home

Our preferred payment processing company

From the day we started using Stripe, they have been an absolute joy to work with. Through the available (externally developed) payment plugins, accepting debit and credit card payments securely through our site has been a breeze. The account was up and running in no time with minimal manual steps. Never have we had any restrictions placed on our account because Stripe saw an officially licensed product as a potential case of trademark infringement, nor have they ever asked us for invoices from our suppliers. Yes, these are the kind of things our friendly PayPal does do. So often have we found our account restricted for some bogus reason. Not with Stripe. Stripe does what it needs to do and does it better than anyone. Do you know highly advanced customizations to restrict certain payments? You can set up clear and easy to understand rules. If you want detailed insight into a payment to judge whether the transaction is safe, you can see every single detail (bar the full credit card number of course) for every transaction. If Stripe were to develop better payment integrations for different platforms that offer the latest features and if they would waive refund fees for all customers, Stripe would get a 10/10 from us. We hope that we will be able to use Stripe for many years to come.

Pros

Stripe is supported around the world and is customized for many regions, offerring localized payment options and on top of all that is affordable, professional, safe and secure. What more could you want from a payment processing company? Stripe's backend is simple enough for a beginning customer, but offers advanced functionality for those that require it.

Cons

No in-house developers that manage the systems integrations options such as Woocommerce integration. As a result, you are dependent on external third party developers to integrate new functionality or manage customer integration issues. Although Stripe does have a plugin listed, the plugin is incompatible with many installations and does not offer the latest features that are available through their API. Additionally, if you're not on their legacy plan, refunds are very expensive (you will not get your payment fees back). Stripe should offer a lower-cost refund option such as a flat $0.50 fee per refund to help small struggling businesses.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Square is not supported in many countries and many other payment methods only support payments in USD. Stripe was able to meet all our needs and far exceed them, making them the best in the business.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

PayPal was unable to manage fraudulent transactions and frequently restricts accounts and payments, requesting for "additional information". Their system is overzealous in flagging potentially risky transactions, only to create trouble for their users. On top of that, they are restrictive in functionality and their customer service is uncooperative.

Erik from McNair Media

Stripe is a GO-TO payment processor for SMBs

Stripe has enabled first class payment processing for our organization and the organizations we’ve implemented it for.

Pros

Stripe is everything that people love about PayPal with everything a payment processing system needs to feel professional and high end to the end user. If you are using Squarespace or Woocommerce, Stripe is so easy to implement that you don’t even need development knowledge to implement it. Payment processing rates are fair and instant payout options are huge for businesses that are just starting out.

Cons

There’s really no con to Stripe. It’s definitely something that requires some development knowledge to implement it. but because of how easy it is for developers… Stripe has so much third-party support so you’re likely able to find a free implementation method for your platform.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

The fact that there is no monthly charge to use the payment system is ideal for small businesses that we have implemented Stripe for.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

It allowed us to create subscriptions and other advanced payment processing options that we needed to impment

ROBERT from Anytime Offices

Stripe's dispute resolution policies are never in favour of the seller

I am in the process of terminating my account with Stripe. It's a joke. The amount of headache and lost business they caused is not worth it. It is easy to set up but after that nothing is easy with Stripe.

Pros

Easy to deploy and has various integrations available

Cons

Allocations are a nightmare. Stripe is taking out their commission and the remaining amount is paid into your account, several client transactions in one payment - reconciliations are extremely difficult and I've never received one invoice from Stripe for their commission. They simply deduct their share and transfer the rest to you without any paper trail. In addition, every time there is a dispute, it is never settled in the seller's favour even when the supporting evidence and paperwork supplied to Stripe clearly shows that the purchase was valid, agreed and approved by the buyer, signed-off by them and the service used by them. The response from Stripe is never in the seller's favour. Finally - it happens at least a few times a month that Stripe rejects the transaction as suspicious and prevents prospects from buying our products. It often happens that clients contact us outside of the Stripe's workflow and finalise payment manually because Stripe is rejecting their cards and by extension is not allowing us to close the sale.

Better integrations

A no-nonsense payment gateway for businesses of all sizes

Pros

The prime aspect that I love the most about stripe is its very easy deployment with its direct API integrations. As a start-up that processes information through different channels, having stripe has made it hassle-free and seamless to analyse, manage, & track all our inbound payments using just our smartphones. We have and are continuing to save unnecessary banking costs with stripe. The no-code payment feature is a seller to companies like us who are looking to get one-time instant payments.

Cons

As the crypto market is gaining traction, especially with these alternative currencies going mainstream, it'd be great to have stripe regulate crypto in-bound payments as well. This is very critical for companies like us who consider crypto to be balance sheet assets.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

PayPal was not user-friendly nor was it pocket-friendly as well. When compared to stripe, the security features are a bit lagging.

Ryan from Visual People Design

Hands down the most flexible and easy to use website payment system

Internet payments used to be a HUGE headache, constantly worrying about setup, security, security and more security, but Stripe has really changed the game. It's made it possible for us to provide online payments for customers who would never have been able to afford the programming to do such a thing, or be able to afford the security measures necessary to properly take payments on their own. This is especially true because apart from the fees taken from each transaction, there is no recurring fee, which is a real asset to smaller businesses who don't do as much volume. On top of all that, the fact that the system is nearly seamless -- and MORE secure -- for the end user inputting their credit card information, is a huge win.

Pros

By far the best thing about Stripe is the way that it so easily integrates with nearly any shopping cart system or website payment plugin/application we've ever come across. Any need we've had to take web payments Stripe has been able to seamlessly connect to our system, including setting up some custom systems that in the past would have been way too complicated for us to do on our own.

Cons

The biggest complaint we have -- and since we use it a lot for customers, the biggest gripe they have as well, is the way deposits are done. Instead of depositing the whole amount of the transaction, then debiting the fees, Stripe takes the fees out before the deposit -- so on a $10 transaction, you only see $9.50 (or whatever the amount comes out to be) deposited in your bank account and have to manually do the accounting to match that payment and the fees, etc. Admittedly, it's a small complaint, but I think it's the only thing that keeps us from using this 100% of the time.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

We tried a few other options, but nothing really ever came close to giving us the kind of integration or ease of use that we get from a Stripe setup.

Dustin W. from Dustn.co

Best in class payments

Overall, Stripe is my favorite payment processor by a long shot.

Pros

The extensive developer tools that Stripe has built means that it's very easy to integrate with all of our various business tools and apps. And it just works. Money in, money out, withdrawals... it's all super easy.

Cons

There are two things that bother me about Stripe. For one, they could ease up on the % fees. You're able to get a discount from them if you're processing an incredibly high amount of volume with them... but I've never reached that threshold, so I think it just feels unfair. Secondly, although they have done a great job with developer tools and documentation, they don't really create a lot of stuff for no-code people like me. It's fine, because there's always an app or tool I can use to integrate with Stripe to get things done, but that 3rd party tool/app always costs more money. I wish Stripe would just let us build the forms/pages without needing a developer.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Ease of use, 3rd party integrations, and UI/UX.

Best payments platform in the world

It is simply the first option to accept payments and manage your money online. Really good customer support, antifraud and other powerful features.

Pros

Stripe is easy to use, including really hard challenges like antifraud. Stripe makes it transparent and quick to accept payments online, manage your company workflow and lately access to financial services (we have used Stripe Capital to finance our business).

Cons

The fact that it is not available in all countries. We are an Ecuadorian company but had to incorporate in the US (using Stripe Atlas) to have access to a Stripe account. Another negative point is that they ran away from Bitcoin some time ago. They should support it again through Lighting Network.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Stripe has a more powerful API, higher card acceptance, better documentation and better costs in general.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Local bank had limited card support, cumbersome antifraud features and an awful Dashboard that made it hard to reconcile payments. Cost was higher too.

Great payment gateway

I love the fact that Stripe is very easy to integrate with mayor e-commerce software, you don’t need a lot of technical knowledge to make it work. Also my clients feel safe using Stripe as payment gateway

Pros

I’ve worked with Stripe and Shopify, making it easier for final customers to make a purchase. I love the fact that it is very easy to integrate Stripe with Shopify, also the fact that Stripe includes an anti fraud module, that let my customers how risky a transaction is.

Cons

In my experience with some of my clients, there are some cases where Stripe needs to validate account information, this process can take some time, so if you’re in a hurry to start selling online, maybe you have to wait a little in order to have your account setup

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

It’s easier to process payments with stripe rather than paypal, this from a client side.

Sébastien from Cawita

One of the best payment provider

That my main payment providers, I tried Paypal, monetico and other providers. This one was my really favorite. They really understood what developers wanted to implement secure payement on website. I really liked how customisable the integration can be. And alos simple if you want to use stripe integration.

Pros

* Very customisable API * Customer service really helpful * Over the top documentation and SDKs

Cons

* Subscriptions on custom workflow did not work as expected and was really difficult to easily implement

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Lower Fees, best reputation, best customer opinions on the net

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Stripe as lower fees in the first place. Finally I found myself much happier with Stripe

Jeffrey from Icantoodecorations

Stripe the new account

No business problems at all pretty much flow smoothly so far

Pros

I like how they have everything flow so smoothly so you can just take care of everything and not worry

Cons

I don't have any complaints yet ,stripehas my payments there prompt

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

I just needed to smooth the flow of payment merchant

Dmitry from Onix Inc.

Good service for payments collecting

Nice service for a competitive price. A good competitor to PayPal

Pros

Easy of use, good knowledge base, good and quick support, and fraud protection. Integration with Xero

Cons

I think those transaction fees could be less, but I understand that there is a standard on the market

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

PayPal support blocked our account and didn't respond

Mohammad Sami from ZEP-COM

Secure Payment Gateway

Documentation and customer support is good, can be easily integrated into any kind of application but after some R&D

Pros

The most straight forward and easy to use payment gateway to work with, available to be used with many technologies

Cons

Needs a learning curve and some settings to start the integration of stripe in the project, if you go for a custom client in your project

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Because Paypal was not available in our country and price difference

David from Grace Community Church

Built-in Giving Solution

Stripe has been a great resource for receiving funds through our online giving platform, and their fees and communication about fees have been reasonable and timely.

Pros

Stripe is used by our preferred online giving platform, and has been a seamless provider of secure payments for giving. The fees are structured appropriately, and it functions clearly and simply.

Cons

Some of the reporting takes a little bit of time to resolve if folks are using banks, but this is probably not all Stripe's fault.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Stripe was already imbedded in our preferred giving platform and didn't require us to change services.

Nadia from Nadia Joyce Photography LLC

Industry: Photography

Best transaction processing I've used

Really really good experience overall. I've used many different payment processors, and Stripe has remained my favorite, by far, for the past few years. I'll be sticking with them for as long as I possibly can.

Pros

Stripe makes it so incredibly simple to process all my client transactions, and provides detailed reporting on all the money coming in and out of my business. Stripe's interface for viewing individual transactions, where they came from, their current status, the processing fees associated with them, and any other details I could possibly want to know is just magnificent. It's incredibly easy for me to find out anything I need at any given time for any transaction, which makes it easy for me to communicate with clients when it comes to status of their payments. Plus, I always know exactly when money is going to be transferred to my business bank account, which makes planning for expenses that much easier.

Cons

Honestly, my experience using Stripe has been pretty much 100% positive. For my uses, there aren't many cons, if any. I guess processing fees kinda stink, but that's going to be a reality for any payment processor, and Stripe's fees are comparable to market standard with any other processor out there.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I really prefer Stripe's dashboard interface, how they present transaction information, just how much information they provide about each transaction, and also the customer-facing experience of using Stripe (simple to understand, automated receipts). Essentially, Stripe has proven to be the easiest, most informative, and most intuitive payment processor I've used.

Amanda from Clever Dough

Stripe Makes Selling Your Products So Easy!

It was honestly so easy for me to get approved, and I was going through financial issues at the time when I applied and they never held that against me. They gave me a chance and because of Stripe I've been able have my own website, selling my own products and courses, without ever having to send my leads off my website to pay for their purchases through another online processor, like PayPal for example. You lose leads every time you add an additional step for your prospects to take, so using Stripe has therefore increased my conversions. And it's trustworthy, so my buyers feel safe. That's very important to me! Thank-you Stripe!

Pros

How easy it was to apply and get my account set up and running. I love being able to have my own payment processor on my website and not have to always send my buyers to PayPal to make their payments. Every time you have to send someone off your page you lower your chances of the buyer taking action.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about Stripe, maybe to have a lower cost but really they are helping me make money so who am I to complain when they were so easy for me to get set up!

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

I still use both, but my main one is Stripe. I only offer Paypal as a secondary option now for those who are not able or not familiar with Stripe. I don't like to use PayPal if I don't need to because it takes my prospects away from my site, which increases the chances of them changing their minds and not buying. That's why I changed to Stripe instead, I can have the prospect buy right on my website, which has increased my conversions. I love Stripe!

Kalie from Alpha Grand Rapids

Robust But Confusing Software

In general, Stripe has worked well for us after we made the switch two years ago when we updated our website. The best feature for us is the ability to have monthly donors running through Stripe, which has helped our monthly donations increase. I would recommend Stripe to other non-profits but with the caution that it was not built for non-profits and that it can be tricky to understand - I would not recommend it to someone that wasn't at least somewhat tech-savvy and capable of figuring out how it all works.

Pros

Stripe has been beneficial for processing donations through our website. Our favorite feature is that it can do both one-time and recurring donations so our monthly donors can run through it as well as the donors who give once or sporadically. It can collect a lot of information that can all be exported out of Stripe for our donor database. We like that you can choose when funds will be automatically transferred to your bank account and change it when necessary - for example, for most of the year we have it transfer funds weekly. However, at year-end when donations are very high we switch to daily transfers. There is also the option to do manual transfers as well. Donations are grouped into "batches" when transfers are done so you can make sure the bank transfer matches the batch amount in Stripe and also matches the amount entered in the donor database (if you're a non-profit). You can also easily refund someone if needed, which has been helpful several times. Overall, this software does what it needs to do and has some great functionality along with it.

Cons

Stripe was a bit of a learning curve for us because it is clearly intended for for-profit companies or small businesses rather than non-profits. There are many features we don't use that I wish could be turned off or hidden so that it was one less thing lingering on the dashboard. Another thing that is difficult is that Stripe ties everything to an email address rather than a person's name, so if you are trying to find a specific person but don't know their email address it can be hard to find them in the system. In general, their support team is pretty helpful and easy to work with but it's all done through chat and email - there have been times where it would've been much more helpful if we could have talked on the phone while looking at Stripe together.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

We were updating our website and wanted something with a little more functionality.

Ethan from FARM Music & Arts Festival

Industry Standard Payment Processing Platform

Stripe's capabilities for online transactioning is considerably useful to me and it has helped me with thousands of sales online. I have integrated the platform with my festival's website and used it for ticketing and merchandising services which assisted in operating the event and brand for a number of years. I'd likely recommend their services to other entrepreneurs.

Pros

One of the better means of processing transactions and payments digitally, that's widely accepted by a variety of business owners. Integrateable in many different web development platforms, Stripe makes it easy for people to order items and services online while simultaneously making it easy for sellers to provide their items and services to people via the internet.

Cons

Obviously to a certain degree their payment percentages could be lower, however it would depend on whether or not credit card transaction fees are low enough to facilitate Stripe's ability to lower any fees they might have.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Paypal Checkout and Paypal integration into ecommerce sites serves as a means of utilizing not only Paypal account finances but also can use credit card integration using their platform. Both can be used successfully but stripe now has bitcoin gateway plugins thus adding to its functionality.

Anant from BitRotor

Finally a global payments platform worth using!

With full seamless integration with our WooCommerce platform, and a sleek modern user interface that everybody likes, accepting credit cards, debit cards and Apple Pay, Stripe is everything we ever needed.

Pros

We started using Stripe when we needed an alternative to PayPal's payment platform. Being globally accepted and trusted Stripe was the best and easiest alternative to choose. - Easy to use and implement. - Incredibly low fees, the best in the industry, this alone is enough to select it. - Accepts all credit companies - The verification process is smooth and easy. - Interface is easy to understand and constantly getting updated with new features and other improvements. - Timely automatic payments to our bank accounts.

Cons

There are only a few caveats that we experienced: - American Express cards are not accepted in India. - Stripe once disabled the whole system without notification or warning and wanted additional documents. Though the issue was resolved in a day, they should ask for information first and then disable the system if the user doesn't comply.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

We wanted Braintree but the onboarding process is only open for a few countries and that too is very difficult, lengthy and not transparent.

Zeeshan from PureVPN

Credit Card on-Site

We integrated Stripe on-site which provided us full access to modify recurring. We can apply discount on recurring runtime on the basis of requirements. Also Stripe increased our conversion rate.

Pros

If you are looking for good conversion rate on Credit Card transactions then Stipe is a good choice. After integrating Stripe our conversion rate increased. Stripe is offering built in fraud monitoring tool RADAR which is outstanding and help us fight fraud.

Cons

Stripe should consider Risk insights Dashboard to analyze fraud instead of looking into each payment a dashboard will give better overall view of the payments.

Stripe on-site integration

A developer first payment gateway that will leave your sales team smiling

We have multiple payment solutions, some still in use and some now deprecated. Stripe allowed us to very quickly replace multiple other gateways and dramatically increase the code quality, staff experience and end-user workflow through its many benefits. Adding Apple Pay, Google Pay and other payment types was a cinch and the SDKs and implementations of all these are industry standard and strong, but remove hours of development time for my team because of the neat and clever ways Stripe integrates them. We have been using Stripe for several years now and I recommend it to business associates and indeed use it on new projects, because the overall footprint Stripe requires for the huge amount of features has really revolutionised our payment gateway experience both from a developer and staff point of view. And the changes and improvements constantly evolve, too. In fact, Stripe is a brilliant place to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to regulation and data privacy because they're always on the ball with such matters.

Pros

I have to first commend the supoprt team from Stripe. Whether this is a technical issue, such as the developer support or technical issue, or the support for sales or management staff, Stripe put a huge emphasis on making their support second to none. Developers can choose between tickets and email, but there is also an IRC channel to talk real time to actual Stripe developers. They're knowledgeable and extremely helpful. When you use the on-site live chat feature, you will also get a follow up email with any extra information and a log of the chat, with an invitation to get in touch if the issue still isn't solved. The fact that it's developer first means you have an excellent set of powerful, reliable and well tested APIs. The sandbox is fantastic and the logging to help debug your software (in both sandbox and live) are truly unmatched in the payment gateway world. Every request, full request and response, and everything is deeply integrated, so you can quickly click between related data in a sensical way. The API documentation is beautiful and easy to follow and feedback and suggestions are taken on board and literally implemented more often than not if a problem ever arises or a good suggestion is made. The dashboard for sales staff is easy to use. The interface is clean but the features are tremendously powerful. The fraud integration with Radar is a blessing to small and medium businesses that want a quick way to help keep themselves protected.

Cons

Having to setup multiple accounts, albeit sub accounts that appear in the same dashboard, to utilise multiple currencies.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Stripe has by far the best set of features and the most impressive portfolio of products. It is developer first whilst still being a pleasure for non-technical staff and customers. The prices were comparable, but the product we receive is way beyond the others that we have tested. Support is second-to-none.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

We wanted to improve the ageing systems, increase conversion, provide a better experience for our customers and staff and, as well as all that, still receive competitive pricing. Stripe helps us achieve all that and more.

Paulo from Primetag

Easy to setup, clean interface, wide support, great customer support

Stripe has transformed a hard problem into a no-brainer. If making the connection between the online and the banking/paying was an herculean task in the past, it is nowadays a straightforward registration in their website, and most of the times an integration with your store/website.

Pros

The fact that is has an enormous amount of support from most software with integrations existing for anything that can support plugins (think wordpress), most programing libraries, ORMs, application development frameworks, etc. It is the de facto for online payments and that makes it really accessible from most common scenarios. Their APIs and models are very clear and understandable, making it easy to integrate within most tools, and the fact that they also have plug-and-play solutions makes it even easier.

Cons

Not all payment options have plug-and-play solutions. It is, for example, possible to send your users to a stripe webpage with a nice layout to complete the payment, but this page is not entirely customizable. Not in style and not in payment options. For instance, you can't give the user the option to select a payment type, which is a very common use case in most websites and would be great if stripe would allow it.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

The technological features of stripe have given them the flexibility to allow for the development of very different use cases, which is often not given by most payment providers that support only very limited (the most common) payment types and uses. In our case, we needed the technological flexibility of Stripe to build our application exactly as we wanted to, providing the user experience we designed.

Excelent E-Commerce Payment Processor - Outstanding Security!

Very happy with the Stripe platform and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Stripe has an excellent product, that integrates with our WooCommerce store seamlessly. The features are robust, which includes outstanding security to detect and block fraudulent transaction attempts. Since switching to Stripe and adjusting our security settings, we have not had 1 chargeback or fraudulent charge!

Cons

2.9% + 30¢ per successful card charge ads up. The pricing is well aligned with the industry, but it could always be cheaper, as volume heavy transactions add up quickly!

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Seamless integration with WooCommerce, and seemed to be the most popular payment gateway integration on the platform.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Authorize.Net was integrated into our Magento ecommerce store. After switching to WooCommerce we tried the recommended Stripe integration and have been very pleased!

The Money Manager

My Experience with stripe is always good apart from that sily incidence as a business.I like it so much that i am using it even for personal use and I always recommend people about the user friendliness of Stripe , whether it is for Business use or Individual use . It is very user friendly, Transactions processed with the blink of any eye .It can be used in any platform starting from very large Organization to very small organization .Even stripe provide multiple benefits on bulk transactions . This is all I can tell you about stripe today.Start Stripe Journey and One would fall in Love with this site for any transactions.

Pros

Whenever people talk about Global Payments Processing or receiving INDUSTRY , i think Paypal THE GIANT took away all the credits because people recognize them the Most however we cannot the hard work of other organizations contribution who has been exceptional in the same Payment Processing industry and one Name I would say is ''STRIPE " Why I really like them is because they are always hungry to deliver the world , whether its a new product, new functionalities or new technology discovered in the Global payments Industry etc. they are working Tirelessly with a Zeal to Achieve high and make things easy for every individual or every organization level's"which is really huge to achieve in the world. Even if I talk about or anyone check their website the functionalities of STRIPE are so easy, like everything in your finger and one need not to be expert to use the STRIPE website to process a transactions or perform an action its so easy and I believe such user friendliness matter's a lot at business ,and I can tell you such things cannot be achieved or acquired in oneday or couple of day .All it needs is a combination of Hardwork,Dedication , Expertise and Zeal to it and showcase the world .This is what Stripe is and I like it what they do best in business.

Cons

I did not had any hard time with Stripe though , but things I remember which I personally experience twice is past and I least like that about stripe .It was the Stripe customer service /technical desk who generally assist business users to resolve User IDs / Individual Terminal Access Glitches while facing problem . I wonder if such happens once than I can take it as individual exception but unfortunately it happened twice i.e, for a simple resolution it took 48hrs to resolve a simple problem and most importantly the Customer Service /Technical Desk was not even liable to do the initial or basic checks simply because the Stripe Policies does not allow and I I did not like it at all.

Shane from EWWW Image Optimizer

Payment processing to suit your needs

Originally, we were looking to implement metered subscriptions for our SaaS offering, and we needed something that would integrate with a solution for WordPress. Stripe had exactly what we needed, and has continued to be our preferred payments solution for any new services we offer.

Pros

The flexibility of Stripe is enormous. Every little detail can be customized (or not), as your business needs dictate. The documentation and testing environments are extremely developer-friendly, the docs even include real examples from your activity in the testing environment. With all that, it's not difficult to get up and going with all the various implementations available. For the simplest use, signup, grab your keys, and plugin them into your e-commerce software.

Cons

This was so much easier than working with PayPal, I really can't think of anything negative. But perhaps something I like "least"? That would probably be the settings section for tweaking things like payment receipts, logos, colors, etc. Seems I have to go hunting a bit to find just what I'm looking for, though it doesn't take long, and once you have it setup, it's not like you'll have to change the settings often.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

It was simpler, yet more flexible. Browsing event and webhook data in Stripe is simple, rather than having to parse through chunks of un-structured data. Plus, we wanted to do metered subscriptions at the time, something PayPal still doesn't have (unless you want to hand-enter thousands of usage details every month).

Excellent option to streamline your payment processing

Stripe has allowed me to accept payments in a fluid, efficient way that makes payment processing one less thing to worry about. I have accepted payments without any issue and received transfers of my earnings in a rapid and regular fashion. They've thought through every aspect of the service, and I especially like that I can easily track my payments received and total amounts right at the dashboard. Connecting it to my Squarespace website shop was a match made in heaven!

Pros

With Stripe, you can accept payments by linking it to your online shop or on the go with a physical payment processor. I used Stripe for both and found it to be secure, simple to use and efficient. The fee per payment was very reasonable, and you can also use Stripe to keep track of how much you're paid. You can have the payments deposited automatically into a checking account of your choice, so it's a one-stop shop for a payment processor that pleases both myself and my clients. It's an excellent choice for small (or large) businesses that want to accept credit cards as a form of payment. One quality I particularly appreciate is the ability to accept payments in a variety of international currencies.

Cons

While the fee is reasonable, as a small percentage of the total amount accepted per transaction, it does add up on larger payments from clients. Another thing that's a small obstacle to using Stripe is they do ask questions about what kind of payments you accept and what your business is, so you can only use Stripe pending Stripe's approval.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Square seemed to have fewer functionalities, and for online shops the options to accept payments was at a higher cost through Square. Stripe offered everything Square does, and more!

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

I had heard directly from others using Paypal that sometimes their accounts became blocked when accepting large amounts of payments and they couldn't access their money or their Paypal account. I wanted to avoid this ever happening, and Stripe doesn't have the same limits on payments that Paypal sometimes imposes. I also think Stripe looks more professional as a payment processor than a Paypal option to pay.

Matthew from Atlas Internet Marketing LLC

Integrates seamlessly with everything

Very positive. Great alternative for start up businesses, or online businesses that can save a lot of time.

Pros

So you can use Stripe with invoicing and subscription software or you can build out your own system if you are a geek that is PCI compliant fairly easily. Almost everything has an integration option and if you get stuck with a problem for whatever reason you can log into the dashboard and usually figure it out from there, if you can't they have great support documentation and even a chat option. Compared to similar competitors you even save a little bit. I especially like their ACH fees, some of the lowest I've seen. An added bonus is that I don't have to pay for monthly statement fees or pay the annual PCI compliance fee and surveys because they add that into the flat rate.

Cons

Only thing I'd like to see is an option to download statements in a PDF format like previous merchant processing providers, but rarely do I need it.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I liked the interface and integrations a little more than Paypal plus I save a little bit on the percentage, not much but every little helps.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Sage had a hard time integrating with things I needed, plus their interface was a bit more complex than Stripe. I first started with Stripe as a test with a few customers then made the switch within a few months.

Sarah from Speak Creative

Easy Integration for a Variety of Content Management Systems

Customer service is excellent, the product itself is excellent, and it fulfills all of our needs and the needs of our clients.

Pros

Stripe is by far the most secure, easy to use, and easily integrated service of its type. We work with organizations both large and small, and whether a client has team members who are going to be working in their CMS after their website is designed or not, Stripe is the best option. It is easy to use, even for beginners and even those who are not designers and developers, and the fact that it doesn't allow hackers to add code to the checkout page protects our clients better than any other system we've seen. We recommend a Stripe integration for every single client who has an online store or sells any number of products online.

Cons

It does require some knowledge of front end development to integrate with many CMS platforms, even Wordpress. It's not necessarily the easiest to setup, even if you know your way around Wordpress or drag and drop design platforms. The only other downside is that checkout forms are not customizable. This is actually not a bad downside for us because the reason they are not so is due to the inability to add custom code to the checkout form, making it more secure. Trading customization for security is a no brainer on our end, but if you are an agency with a picky client, or if you just really want a custom checkout form, Stripe won't work for you. Then again, if you're willing to have your customer's credit card information stolen just because you refuse to use a templated checkout form that looks modern and is efficient and easy to use, your opinion sucks anyway.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Our custom system was not as secure as Stripe, and as identity thieves and hackers become more knowledgable, we wanted to ensure clients had a secure checkout system. Stripe allows users to customize the checkout experience with a branded checkout form without offering the ability for anyone to add code to the backend, so it is clear the form is secure, yet is not able to be hacked. Plus, our dev team spends a whole lot less time on ridiculous customization requests. Win, win.

Nick from Cognize LLC

The Best Payment Processor for both Beginners and Experienced Developers

My experience with Stripe has been fantastic overall. They have done a great job with user experience and documentation. It's a company that truly opens up a world of entrepreneurial possibilities for everyone.

Pros

Stripe is easy to implement and offers a robust API for experienced developers to create highly customized solutions. It's easy to integrate with other platforms, create one-off charges for customers or subscriptions.

Cons

While the fees are competitive, they can get high on high dollar transactions. I try to resort to ACH transactions for larger transactions, but they can take about a week to process. I wish this was faster.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I chose Stripe for its ease of use, their sense of design, its flexibility, API Documentation, and plentiful features.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

I used PayPal originally, but once I tried Stripe, I was sold and haven't looked back. I've liked it so much that I honestly haven't even looked at how much PayPal has evolved, as I'm sure it has.

Jon from Digital 360

Client Payment Option

I’ve used Stripe from the beginning and have had no issues with it.

Pros

What I like most about Stripe is the level of encryption and security associated with the product. I also like the ease in which Stripe can be implemented / integrated on websites and e-commerce platforms.

Cons

The lack of other apps that can be used with Stripe but that’s an industry wide issue, regardless of payment platform, due to privacy and security.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Square required a “dongle” instead of a secure website. PayPal does have a secure website to make payments but I felt Stripe was faster and less cumbersome.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Stripe was more flexible to use and provided a better dashboard to measure analytics.

Becky from Monster Studios LLC

Stripe is my first choice for all merchant processing needs

I love Stripe. I would use them for all of my merchant processing needs whenever possible. They have a solid platform that just works. Even if you are technically challenged, you can set up a Stripe account and plug it into your business. They do a great job of scrubbing transactions for potential fraud and they are quick to pay out, usually within 1-2 business days. My bank tried to get me to change my merchant processing to them from Stripe, but they wanted me to sign a contact for 2 years and pay monthly fees whether I used it or not. Stripe doesn't do any of that nonsense. They charge you for each transaction and that is it.

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up an account and authorize it for use. Reporting is easy and useful, and I love that I get a snapshot of my income immediately upon logging in. Adding in new business is easy and allows me to keep my revenue streams organized for both me and my customers. Each new business lets me set a new statement descriptor so my customers know what they are paying for when reviewing their credit card statements. They are integrated with many different platforms, including ecommerce and accounting software, so connecting the many pieces of your business is easy.

Cons

They have some extremely technical pieces of their software, including webhooks and API calls. If you are not technically minded, this can get confusing and potentially cause issues with your credit card processing. But as long as you are working with software that is integrated well (think Woocommerce or Xero) then it should be very easy to use Stripe in your business. Also, while it is great that they send emails to my customers that have issues with their recurring transactions, they do not give those customers a way to update their credit card information. This seems like a no brainer considering they are the processor and they are giving notice that they are unable to process the card they have on file. Instead, they continue to email my customer, who then contacts me and I have to try to sort this out for them.

Kamila from Heart Behind Hustle

It's what I use to process payments!

I am pleased with them so far, I have heard from colleagues saying they can easily process millions per year in Stripe and without issues so I am looking forward to continuing to grow with this payment processor by my side.

Pros

I used to use my bank's merchant for 3-4 years, thinking they were giving me a better rate. long story short, they weren't AND they were confusing to use. So I switched to Stripe, which is frequently used in my field of coaching and digital products. I have been very happy so far. - I am able to process payments myself, it integrate with 3rd party shopping carts with ease (I use ThriveCart), it allows to create trials, subscriptions, all the things I wanted. PLUS I get to charge and bill clients on my own too with their cards on file which sometimes we have to do when the clients tell us to do so, instead of having to send constant shopping cart links. I was doing that before with Infusionsoft and my merchant, but now I can do it all within Stripe and it's easy. - I have not had any issues with Stripe holding my funds or anything. Pleased. - I like their simple reporting as well, how much money you've made each day, etc. It's nice to see the comparisons on the monthly basis as well.

Cons

- It's a bit complicated to use for someone who might not be techy. I am pretty techy and I think I've got a handle on it, especially since I mainly use it as the processor with my shopping cart, but if I had to use Stripe on its own, it probably would get complicated. - Sometimes I find it hard to find what I need to in Stripe. Like, a payment would get declined and I'd want to rebill or attempt the rebill - sometimes it's hard to find the option to do that on the declined payment. I always do eventually find it, but I never know EXACTLY how to do it. - I wish the payments landed in my bank sooner but I just switched it so it lands in my bank like a day or so after being collected which is better. My own merchant would be next day so this is now closer. - Obviously always would be nicer if the fees were lower but it is on par with every other option out there so this can't really be a con since it's not HIGHER.

Richard from The Internet Czar

Super easy and straight-forward to integrate and use.

Most of our business transactions are processed through Stripe and we've set Stripe up for clients who require online merchant processing. By far the easiest and most straight-forward merchant processor to setup for online processing.

Pros

Hands down, the easiest merchant processor to integrate into Gravity Forms or WooCommerce - I have to imagine it integrates just as easy with other popular tools, but my experience is limited to Gravity Forms and WooCommerce. Within Stripe itself, navigating is intuitive and easy with very friendly report tools. Looking up transactions is easy and may be search by name, email address, transaction id, and even partial data (like billing address, product, etc). Full and partial refunds are also very easy to manage. The reporting is especially helpful as it goes back in detail for as long as you've been a customer (so, I have data going back 3 years all readily available). I also appreciate the popularity of Stripe and how common third-party integration has become - in my case into AgileCRM and Freshbooks. Lastly, they have an amazing free iPhone app. Very useful for when you're on the road and you can basically do everything from the app that you could do from their desktop dashboard.

Cons

I have never won a dispute - no not one - and the process seems entirely automated. While I have only had four disputes in the past 12 months, all of which were admitted mistakes on the customer's part, I submitted emailed conversations with the client where they admitted error, and I still lost. Since then, I've been told it's best to get the client to contact their credit card company to rescind the dispute but it was frustrating that the process is so automated that it seems not to favor the merchant. So, with that in mind, if you ever have a dispute, work with the customer to get them to rescind it.

Spencer from Spencer N Psychotherapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent and Easy to Use Customer Payment Software

I was able to more easily collect payments from customers (integrated into my EMR platform) for services rendered.

Pros

Ease of implementing with my business for collecting payments via credit card by customers. The reporting feature on stripe is awesome for calculating my fees (business expenses) related to processing payments.

Cons

Having to wait a whole week for payments to come through to my bank account seems like a long holding period, especially for longstanding customers of Stripe.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Stripe more easily integrated with the software I was using.

Larry from Airigami, LLC

Reliable, easy to use payment processing

We have used AuthorizeNet, Square, and Stripe for our processing. So far, I'm much happier with Stripe than the others due to the ease of use, both in configuration and reviewing reports. After trying Stripe with one business, we quickly decided to move the others over. I hope they get around to adding a mobile solution similar to Square.

Pros

The best part of Stripe is how easy it is to set up. I'm using it for multiple businesses. Setting up each business was quick, easy, and error free. I'm able to access each business with a single login, but each business is kept independent, so it's clear and always easy to see which account I'm reviewing. In addition, adding others that need to have access (partners, bookkeeper, assistant), and granting them only the privileges they need has been equally straightforward. We have both custom applications that we needed to integrate Stripe with, as well as off the shelf packages/services and have found it very easy to set up for all of our uses. Navigating purchases, receipts, and reports is also easy. We have had no issues at all with service so far.

Cons

The only thing I'm disappointed by is the lack of a mobile solution. For mobile payments, we're using Square.

The newer kid in town

As I said before, we had to wait a few years for Stripe to become available in our country but it was worth. We are making a complate switch from Paypal to this payment service provider.

Pros

We had to wait for Stripe to become available in our country of operations but it was totally worth it. Stripe compared to PayPal is the new kid in town and that means it is more intuitive and innovating. A breath of fresh air.

Cons

We had to wait a few years for Stripe to become available in Mexico and then a few more to leave Beta status. While the features look good in paper, we still have to wait for the company to make traction in our country of operations. More than a few features are still unavailable here.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

New kid in town. More innovation and some nice features that had become critical to our success.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

We were looking for a newer alternative to Paypal.

Jamie from African Enterprise

Stripe is fantastic

We use another online giving platform that runs on top of Stripe, which we like very much, and the combination of these two works really well for us. It's enabled us to receive gifts on one platform from all credit cards, ApplePay, GooglePay, bank transfer and more. And, as I said, the customer service is top-notch

Pros

The customer service is extremely fast and helpful and the Stripe personnel are eager to help, easy to talk to and committed to ensuring that everything is taken care of. The software just works well and is really reliable.

Cons

It can be a bit hard to use and understand. It was set up for for-profit companies and some aspects of it are not so user-friendly for nonprofits

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

It was easier to use and offered us more giving options in one platform

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Because Stripe and the other platform that runs on top of it gave us everything we wanted with no fixed fee. Classy has a very expensive fixed fee that was not necessary or cost-effective for us

Greg from New Frame Creative

Once you're up and running, it's great!

We use Stripe as a payment processor for various e-commerce websites we build for clients. We regularly move people off of PayPal onto Stripe and strongly prefer it to that platform.

Pros

We love the way Stripe just rock solid works. We don't have to worry about it. Once we integrate Stripe into a website (we're web designers handling many e-commerce solutions for various clients), we know it's going to work and won't have any ongoing issues.

Cons

Getting setup initially can be a bit of a challenge for new users. Finding things like API keys and integrations can be a little bit tricky and some of the initial UI of the platform takes a little getting used to. Once setup is complete though, it's pretty simple to manage and work with.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Much easier to use, wider user base, superior customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Primarily so customers could complete checkout on the website rather than having to go to Paypal to complete their purchase. Huge selling point.

Amna from TechCrunchX

One of the easiest payment processor!

Overall, because of the ease of signup, fast account starting, least lenghty forms, easy refunds etc, I really like it. Just wish they accepted high risk sites (maybe with higher fees etc?)

Pros

Its very easy to sign up. I've tried dozens of payment processors and they all have tons of pages and information they ask first before we can begin our first transaction. The best thing about Stripe is that they can confirm your SSN with your name/address etc and voila, in 5 minutes after you sign up (which also takes at most 5 minutes), you can actually start collecting payments on your website!

Cons

They have no flexibility for high risk accounts. One of my client whose account was closed because of being 'high risk' (even though he didn't have ANY dispute for 6 months) offered them DOUBLE the comission, but STripe simply refused. Didn't budge or counter offer anything. That customer does half a million dollars worth of gross revenue business per annum right now (and growing), yet Stripe ditched him!

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I tried over a dozen payment processors, and each one has a ton of forms to fill out, lenghty verifications etc etc. Stipe was the simplest and quickest!

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Urrgghh. PayPal is one of the crapiest service we ever used!!

Randi from Randam LLC

Simple App for Website eCommerce and Online Payments

My overall experience has been lovely. I will continue to use Stripe and recommend it to my clients. I have my own ecommerce websites and help others build their own and always use you when I can.

Pros

EASE of install! I've been using Stripe for many years now. I first used it for my e-Commerce website MensAccessoriesBox.com and found your system to be the easiest to install onto my Wordpress website and I needed to setup recurring monthly automatic payments for my customers and I had no issues with Stripe. Ease of Use! I can easily see my sales. I can give refunds, I can charge credit cards and setup users directly on stripe. I use stripe now for all my businesses and when I am building an ecommerce website I encourage my clients to use Stripe. 1099 forms - I like that Stripe provides 1099 forms when I made more than a certain amount each year Easy to give refunds and partial refunds Fraud protection is pretty good on basic version

Cons

Invoicing - for a while I couldn't figure out how I could send invoicing thru Stripe, so I used PayPal for that. But I believe you now make that possible and I need to explore that area further. Customer service-Navigating your support area to get to live chat or phone number can be tricky sometimes, requires a few clicks. I wish it was a little easier or offer a live chat bubble on the dashboard and support area right away.

Sarah from Mooovable Dumpsters

Industry: Environmental Services

Perfect For My Business

I LOVE Stripe. So much so that I turned down the provided integrated payment system software that came with my scheduling software. It is so EASY. I can see any information I need quickly. I love the analytics, I love that I can assure my customers that their information is safely stored, I love not having to go back to my customer to get their info again and close out accounts. I have yet to find a down-side.

Pros

Stripe is easy to use and maintain. I can get a variety of reports and analytics. It is easy to keep tabs on what has and has not be entered, check balances and LOW fees, and securely store customer information.

Cons

Using stripe is so simple for me. I am typically technologically challenged, but the provided support information made it a breeze to set up and use. I have no complaints.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

I started with Stripe, but had the opportunity to try something new. I do not remember the name of it. It was SO complex. it was easily integrated into my scheduling software, so I thought I'd try it out. There was also no explanation of use, support options were limited and FAQs were not helpful to what I needed. I needed a plethora of information from every customer, it was not easy to keep track of what had/not been charged. "Batching" was complicated, reversing errors complicated, it was just not a good fit. Stripe is simple and efficient.

Binyamin from Galil Soil Farm

Industry: Farming

Wouldn't Use Any Other Online Payment Processor

Although not particularly robust, Stripe is simple, easy, and reliable, and when it comes to handling other peoples money that is exactly what I'm looking for. Honest, simlple, easy, reliable!

Pros

Sometimes you just find exactly what you're looking for. When I stumbled upon Stripe it was one of those times. At first I was even skeptical, it sounded way too good to be true, an online payment processor that offered all the features I needed, was easy and intuitive to navigate. I showed it to a friend who told me if its too good to be true its probably a scam. But in this case I've been using Stripe for over five or six years and I couldn't be happier with it. Stripe is easy to use, and efficient. From Stripe, money is deposited directly into my bank account within a matter of a day or two. What's more, the online checkout on my webstore is, thanks to Stripe, very cutting edge looking which adds to costumer trust when purchasing my, not exactly inexpensive, products. I like Stripe. I trust Stripe. And, with the utmost confidence, I highly recommend Stripe.

Cons

When its comes to "Cons," I'm sorry to disappoint but I can really think of very few cons. I suppose my needs are fairly simple, and if my needs were financially more complex I would need a platform with a more robust set of offerings. But that being not the case, I just can't think of many minuses to using Stripe.

Daisy from Dentfish

Great documentation and portal/Dashboard

Stripe covers a lot of business that we need from a Payment solution so in the beginning I was lot of the great amount of documents and manual guide. However, after getting used to it, I really like the ease of integration and deployment for developers and ease of use for users. The Dashboard what I like the most with all the information is linked, making it simple to track down the issue and fix it. Webhooks are also great feature that I might use in the future to get updates of users' Stripe account to my platform.

Pros

The documentation is easy to use with great details. The portal (or Dashboard) contains great information and navigation. When you get on the platform, they will ask you few questions to get you onboard with which features to start with in order to integrate Stripe to your product. Compared to other similar products, the fee is pretty small.

Cons

Right now Stripe only supports a certain number of countries (and seems to be low-risk countries) so if your product doesn't need to payout to higher-risk countries like SE Asia then you are good. Otherwise, you might need to look into other alternatives.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

The fee, for sure. And it is being used by big companies so guarantee on its reputation

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

The fee is more affordable with Stripe

Vincent from Gradelink

Best merchant processor that integrates with all things WordPress!

Overall, a great merchant processor that I use for many of my clients in web design.

Pros

I really like that Stripe has the infrastructure in place to integrate with many of the plugins I use in WordPress, such as WooCommerce and Gravity Forms. Especially with the recent enhancements to their integration, setting up the sync between a Stripe account and its website takes about 15 minutes, and everything always works smoothly! In addition, I really like the simplicity of their pricing and the absense of monthly fees.

Cons

Nothing to dislike - my only fear is that they'll raise their transaction cost, but hopefully competition in the market will keep it low.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Better integration and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Better integration and ease of use.

Christopher from CRM Holdings Limited

Easy and Reliable Payment Solution

I'm more than satisfied and it would take a lot to get me to switch to a competitor

Pros

I've been a web developer for over 20 years and Stripe integration is by far the easiest and least nerve-wracking to use.

Cons

The delay in funds availability could be less. The deposit via debit card does not work with my credit union

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Ease of implementation and competitive pricing

Ease of implementation

Michael from Austin Brewery Tours

Stripe is the best payment gateway

Great. I was so happy when I found Stripe. I have never considered using anything else.

Pros

I like that it is easy to get up and running taking credit cards. The system has never failed me in 4 years.

Cons

I don't know. It works great, it's seamless. I guess what I like least about the product is the fee.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

It worked better and was easier to install.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Paypal is not very popular anymore.

Darrell from GigRoster™ Professional Entertainment

Stripe work so well for us

Generally good except for the innaproriate hold backs

Pros

It is easy to use, intuitive for our customers and integrates very well into our web site and with HubSpot. They also have very good fraud detection and can almost without exception stop and fraudulent transactions cold.

Cons

At the start of the Pandemic they began to hold back 25% of our income for 28 days until they would pay it, based on the idea that we may have a lot of chargebacks or refunds because of the pandemic. this has not been true. We have had one Chargeback and did 2 refunds total in the last 9 months, so it seems like they are just holding onto money for no reason. Their system should be able to analyzed our track record and know this is a risk which is not appropriate for our business based on our number of years with Stripe and our perfect track record.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Stripe's fees are simple, easy to understand and not buried in 25 different kinds of fees that vary on every single transaction. Their online platform is super easy to use with reports, information and tracking. all functions are simple and straight ahead. We can also accept virtually any form of payment rather than paying separate monthly fees, for instance to be able to accept Amex through another vendor.

Dave from Escape Creative

The Gold Standard for Accepting Online Payments

I can't say anything negative about these guys. For all the areas PayPal fails, and is incredibly frustrating to work with sometimes, Stripe comes in and makes everything simple. They are THE gold standard for accepting online payments.

Pros

Stripe is one of those products that JUST WORKS. They have meticulously thought through every detail of accepting online payments, and they take care of it all in the background so you can run your business. They have automated fraud detection, a beautiful UI, several bank deposit scheduling options, just the right amount of customization options for invoices & receipts, seamlessly allow for recurring subscriptions, and provide great reporting. They also have an Android app with limited features, but it provides a great overview of your daily, weekly and monthly stats.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any. I've never had a problem with any part of their software. It's integrated seamlessly with a WordPress plugin I use called Easy Digital Downloads, and I've had no issues in the 12 months since I've been selling with Stripe. If I HAD TO mention one, it would be that they aren't available in all countries yet. They are expanding to add more countries, and have about 10 or so in a pilot program right now, but this could be a potential deal breaker if you do business in one of the countries they don't support.

Jeremy from Jeremy Fulton Financial Coaching

Great payment solution for small businesses

I am using Stripe to collect client fees directly from my clients. Overall it's been a good experience and I have yet to have a real problem with it (unless it's my error).

Pros

I like that it allows me to build and send invoices directly from it without having to do any coding or sophisticated connecting of accounts. It also links to my online appointment software (Bookafy) should I want to use it when appointments are made. I can do all my billing through the web interface and track it through the iPhone app. Also, for small businesses the fees are some of the lowest for Credit Card transactions.

Cons

There are two things that make it less than perfect for my use case: 1. I sometimes set up a payment plan for clients instead of charging the full fee at one time. There is a built-in subscription feature, but no option to have an end date or end after X payments. I did contact support, and it can be done if I was interfacing via the API. But since that is beyond my skills/needs, I manually send each invoice when it's due. 2. Since it is such a powerful platform that can be scaled for businesses of all sizes, the interface is complicated, esp. since I'm not familiar with all the billing terms/processes a large company may use. But the help feature has helped me learn. If there was a simpler interface for non-power users, it would be appreciated.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I chose Stripe primarily due to the lower fees it charges and it's professional nature for billing.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe

Since I only have one PayPal account (Personal), I wanted to separate my business finances from personal. I looked at a few services and talked with other Financial Coaches before signing up with Stripe.

Alex from Esper Creations, LLC

Stripe has THE best developer API and customer support out of all payment processors available.

Pros

The API development documents for this payment processor are literally the gold standard in the industry. Stripe provides personalized walk-throughs for almost all development questions addressed in their support documents which makes implementing their API incredibly simple. Their support is also top notch. Where I would have to wait for weeks to get a response from other large payment processors (Massive pain), slack shot me an email response within 24 hours and answered all the questions I had. Cannot recommend their service enough. 5 Stars from me.

Cons

Their dashboard, if you're not experienced in using software, can be quite confusing. I had to walk my business partner through some of the features that are seemingly hidden but a short period, he was able to pick up on most of it.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,972 reviews