• Pros

• "I love that it is really easy to use, it is very intuitive. I like the colors and different options to make lovely charts."

• "Easy to use and share. I use it for creating process documentation as well as network diagrams and it's absolutely brilliant."

• "Love how easy it is to create a clear workflow, moving things around without having to redesign the whole thing is a time saver."

• Cons

• "Everything with Lucidchart is just fun except that they don't offer offline access to the application. They could have added a better FAQ page for beginners with doubts on how to navigate through it."

• "I don't have many bad things to say about this tool other than it is a little expensive for how often I use it."

• "I can't really think of any complaints. The only thing I may change is update the graphics to be a little more modern, as technology advances the images can seem a little dated."

Browse Lucidchart Reviews

Aaron from ingomoney

Easy to use and powerful diagramming tool.

Lucidchart is my goto for complex network diagrams, system workflow diagrams, process workflows, data flow diagrams, API call flow sequence diagrams, system component diagrams. I have used it for years and don't see any reason to switch to another product. I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

1) Super easy to get started with simple registration options. 2) Very flexible sharing and collaboration options. 3) Multi-edit a document in real time with other users. 4) Easily lock down access to documents. 5) Many predefined industry standard documents to start from 6) Large list of export diagram export options. Examples, PDF, PNG...

Cons

1) At times the shape locator tool on the left hand side can be confusing depending on the document type you are working on, for example if you are working on a DFD diagram, the shapes directly related to the diagram should always be visible first after which other shape groups should be searchable.

Michael from Pivot Staffing & HR Services

Way better than visio!

Love it. I was able to make complex flow charts on my first time using the software.

Pros

Lucidchart is a far superior product to the more traditional flowchart software Visio. The simple layout, easy sharing and the ability to build complex flow charts make Lucidchart the best out there. Additionally, I find the templates for other projects, that are not flow chart related, very useful.

Cons

My only issue with Lucid is that, at certain points, where the details of lines and boxes can get very cluttered, I find it hard to navigate the layers and often end up dragging out boxes and lines that I do not wish to, even though they are not selected originally. This is very rarely an issue and it just takes a few minutes to fix, but it is an issue.

Dijana from UniUD

Online Diagramming tool

Helps me create flow charts and keep them updated with any new changes

Pros

I switched from Vision to Lucidchart. It is much better and user friendly and it allows you to import your existing flow charts. More people can work on one document and it can integrate with other product, like G Suite, that I found it pretty useful.

Cons

I switched to Lucidcharts from another product, and I am very happy about it. I haven't found any issues yet, highly recommend it!

Paul from Bridgestone

Its a very easy to use tool with some great assets but lacks some integration

Simple visions of complexity

Pros

This is a staple of my workload to plot process, data and system flows.. have also used for office relocation designs a little

Cons

This would be great if it integrated into other engines like BPM's but understand that this is particularly difficult to do especially these tend to have their own similar designers

Easy to use charting software with a wide range of advanced features

I was able to create flowcharts for marketing processes and export them to PDF for sharing with my client with a minimum of fuss. The outlay is small compared to a fully-fledged application like Microsoft Visio, even though it seems to have a similarly large feature set.

Pros

It was very easy to get up and running with Lucidchart - the enormous collection of starter templates meant that I was able to find a similar chart to the one I needed to create and get the right objects loaded up straight away. The interface is very similar to a desktop application, despite the fact that it's running in a browser - it even has keyboard shortcuts. There are tons of features and integrations that I never even got around to using, as my charting requirements were quite simple.

Cons

The sheer range of features available in the software was a little daunting at first. A simpler interface for people who only need a subset of features might be a helpful addition.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

The lower cost was the initial reason, but after using Lucidchart for a while, I believe it offers a better user experience.

Yasiru from LOLC Technologies

Best Diagram tool while being the easiest, Lucid Chart

As a whole Lucid chart is a really great tool which helps you to draw any diagram with ease and with the large amount of shapes and icons to be used in diagrams.

Pros

I have used Lucid chart to draw from simple flow charts to very complex architecture diagrams. And Lucid chart never disappoint me. It has all the icons and tools needs for drawing all kinds of diagrams we draw day to day. Web app of Lucid chart is really smooth so can be used any where and any device I work with.

Cons

One problem I had with Lucid chart is when it comes to drawing connections with one component to another in a chart sometimes the automatic lines which are drawn is not as I want that lines lines to be and sometimes it's hard to change that too.

What a GEM

Love it. I use to use it in my previous job as a project manager to help visualize processes to customers and team members. I've used it now to create visual representations of processes and customer journeys and I love it.

Pros

Creating workflows, swim lanes, customer journeys and graphic charts have never been easier. They offer templates that makes it easy to plug in your information, make a few edits, and share with a team!

Cons

Sometimes the arrows from one action box to the next get a bit wonky and crazy. Not the end of the world, but slightly annoying sometimes.

Great for Smaller Flowcharts

Lucidchart is a great tool for small flowcharts and diagrams that are used during the documentation process.

Pros

The free version is the perfect tool for those cases where you don't need a full-fledged Visio license. Incorporates nicely with Google Drive.

Cons

The number of symbols was limited at first, but that seems to be increasing. Page layout can be confusing until you get used to how the product handles.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

The free product serves the need for most cases where a full-fledged Visio license is overkill.

Felipe from TEDxCESUPA

Growing functions and professional

Good seen by other companies and helps to integrate and validate internal processes.

Pros

It's really professional, has a lot of types of charts, good costumer support and tutorials.

Cons

It's a little bit difficult to understand the interface and lines/vectors logic to connect objects. Sometimes you get lost when place a line and it has a strange behavior.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

It's more professional and has integration with Microsoft, for example.

Moseph from CloudTask

Just the right tool to align accross mulitple Depts.

Super positive. I use it just about every week and other depts have used it far more as a tool to align on workflow processes that span multiple teams and depts.

Pros

There are two things I really dig about Lucid chart. The first is sharing capability. It's very flexible. The 2nd is its free integration with google sheet.

Cons

No complaints so far. The tool has been very useful and I haven't noticed any downsides for my use-case.

Kishore from Arizona State University

My Review after using Lucidchart.

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations. The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

Pros

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES: - Flowcharts - UML - ERD - Wireframing / iOS Mockups - Network Diagrams - Org Charts - Mind Maps - BPMN POWERFUL & EASY TO USE: - Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality - Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx) - Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost - Dedicated support team to address your questions BUILT FOR COLLABORATION: - Real time collaboration - Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators - Powerful version control and revision history - Group chat and comments - Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites SECURE & RELIABLE: - All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption - Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers - 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers - Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements ROBUST FOR ADMINS: - Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users - Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation - Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

Cons

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Matthew from Safeware

Beats Vizio Hands Down!

I am responsible for projects that are needed to enhances processes for my department, and Lucidchart has made this a million times easier than it was when I used Vizio. I also have to create the process flows for my staff, and again this has made my life so much easier, and given me a lot of time back in my which is simply priceless!

Pros

The ease of use, and pre-made templates for all things 'flow' are phenomenal. I used to use Vizio, but Lucidchart is so much easier, and intuitive, to use. I use for everything from org charts to project/process flows - have even used to make a floor plan for our department.

Cons

There is nothing I have come across yet that would be a negative from me. I have used templates from almost every section and have others throughout the organization using it now too.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Again, it was the sheer ease of use, and jam packed features of Lucidchart that made it stand above the rest. Basically, if you need flowchart software, then Lucidchart just can't be beat!

Lee from Reach Evolved

Industry: Computer Games

Lucidchart is a great option to create just about any diagram you need for game design!

In my game development business, I need a variety of different charts and diagrams. I have never had a need to find another way to make a chart that I couldn’t make with Lucidchart. I can even use it to lay out massive maps for level development. I personally have never run out of available map space and I can make some pretty big levels. It is a great system for doing this because it even can handle building layouts and interiors as it has little furniture graphics that you can drag and drop to build out the level with visual content. For game design and development it is a must have tool in your arsenal.

Pros

Pros First, let me say that it is the first diagram and flow chart system I have ever used but that is only because I have never needed another. Lucidchart has a huge selection of pre-made templates for different projects from flowcharts to floorplans and everything in between. It’s drag and drop interface allow for easy custom charts or modification of the premade templates. With the reasonable price plans available (including a FREE Plan) there is an option for you to get your own online storage which is great to keep all your charts and diagrams available online to access in a pinch, but if you need a chart or diagram download there are many different download options available including one of my personal favorites the .png format. It’s worth mentioning that if you’re a student there is a free upgraded account you can get.

Cons

Cons If you don’t upgrade to a paid account you will not get much space to save documents but this isn’t an issue if you just download them all, but again you won’t have access to them at that point. Additionally, the site is slow loading the first time you log in but it’s not too bad.

Makes Process Mapping Fun

It's been a great tool for our team over the years to help colleagues put their ideas and processes into visual form.

Pros

Lucidchart has some incredible functionality that makes it easy to not only prepare a great flowchart to go into documentation but also to layer in relevant information based on the party that needs to see it as well as allowing the user to present the materials easily to a group of people or to share the work with others.

Cons

At present there aren't many complaints. Minor issues with formatting shapes often come up, but that's primarily when I want to treat Lucidchart like a design tool such as InDesign rather than using it for creating process maps and doing other diagramming work that doesn't need the level of detail that ID or Photoshop provide.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Both were offered through our organization on a trial basis for a year. Our project manager came to work for us a Visio user but after using Lucidchart (reluctantly at first) he quickly realized the benefits of switching to Lucidchart.

Kent

Teaching Computer Science With This Tool

As a teacher, I've been using LucidChart for more than three years in my Advanced Placement (AP) computer science classes. Students really enjoy being able to document problem solving algorithms using the flow chart tools as well as mind mapping with concept diagrams. I have come to rely on UML class diagrams for my instructional units on object and class design; additionally, I use it for making graphic organizers, process diagrams, and general handouts. Ease of use, judicious mix of features, collaborative editing tools and publishing options put it right at the top of my list of preferred tools. I recommend it to colleagues all.the.time.

Pros

The available graphic elements for UML, mind mapping, flowchart, and general visual organization are simply perfect for an educational environment.

Cons

The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.

Helps understanding overall system flow and for presentations

I truly recommend Lucidchart to everyone. It helps students and as well as professional.

Pros

I used Lucidchart for multiple purposes. Firstly, i used it during implementation of database schema designing. It provided me an overall picture and the conflict with the keys that may arrive. I also used to create data flow diagrams and use case diagram. This way i could understand the flow of a system from each layer to the other and i found this quite useful. Whenever there was an enhancement, i just used it to see the different perspective.

Cons

There was nothing that i did not like about this software. I found it helpful with the variety of charts i could use.

Lucidchart, an incredible tool for diagramming.

In my work I constantly have to carry out installation and restructuring projects for networks, equipment among others, and Lucidchar allows me to make models or diagrams to organize and plan such processes, identify requirements, describe the tasks necessary for the execution of projects, in general, is an excellent tool for the realization of diagrams which facilitate the understanding of multiple problems.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it offers numerous templates and varieties of diagrams so it is a versatile tool that allows multiple functions to be performed from one place. Additionally, it works on the web so it is not necessary to install any program on the computer, and you can access it from any device with an internet connection, as well as, share the documents and in general, the work done with others users. It is also easy to use and during the creation of each diagram offers guides to use the program. Another notable aspect of this software is the possibility of integration with other commonly used applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, which greatly facilitates the work of users.

Cons

So far my experience with the program has been good but I think there are aspects that can be improved, such as sharing files that are working with other users and that can work simultaneously in them to allow collaborative work. Another aspect is the connection to the internet, although it is an advantage to be able to access the program from any device with internet, at the same time it is a disadvantage because if the connection fails or I am in a place where there is no internet, I can not have access to software.

Joseric from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Easy and Beautiful Diagrams online

Pros

Lucidchart is our alternative go-to software coming from Visio (Microsoft) and Dia (open source). In the long run, we fell in love with the ease of use and quality of this online diagram platform, plus the collaboration feature. Teams can work together on the same diagram for faster work and easy checking. The Pro comes with a ton of professionally crafted shapes to make our diagrams stand out for presentations. It can also be saved into a Visio format for those who have remained using (an outdated version of) Visio in our office. We have used Lucidchart not only for creating our HR/org charts but also for process improvement initiatives in the office. We used it to map our current processes, and then add the improvements. Sometimes business processes have to be made visual (e.g., via these diagrams) in order for one to grasp it better and to make improvements. One more thing, Lucidchart also works in offline mode which is great especially for us who go out into the field/remote areas often. Also very helpful is the Android app for additional mobility via a smartphone.

Cons

My only problem with web apps is my connectivity (since my work requires me to move a lot to remote areas and places with no/limited connectivity). I would love to have a lucidchart that is installable locally into my laptop and to be able to use it fully without an internet connection.

Abiola from A. O. Smith Corporation

I refine my business thought with Lucidchart.

Pros

I am a lover of charts and flows ,as they assist me in better critiquing my business ideas and thought.I started out with using just a paper and a pencil and would end up littering my desk with ruffled paper after every diagramming session. I later embraced alternate diagramming programs and the sole reason I migrated towards Lucidchart is its collaborative edge. Being that it is cloud based, I get to go into the world of flows and charts at anytime without any prerequisite requirement like having a particular device on hand. I get to also work on charts and flows collaboratively with my colleagues ,even if they aren't physically by my side. Lucidchart overall helps me refine my business thought process.

Cons

There is a need for more templates available to users on Lucidchart. I also tend to think Lucidchart comes with a bit of tough learning time for new users.

Robert from ReactiveCore

Cost effective visualizations.

A cloud based alternative to Visio.

Pros

Web based so can be accessed anywhere without the need of a file repository. Allows you to download directly in pdf format. Easy admin console, and cheaper than almost all of the competitors in the same space.

Cons

Their sales team will email you and call you just about every month to get you to upgrade. As well, the way purchasing licenses works isn't seamless or industry standard. For example when we upgraded past 10 licenses the next option at the time was purchasing 20 seats. Which left 9 unused but paid for; on one of the afformentioned sales calls I brought this up and they lowered the seats to 15 (at the time the amt of users we had). Next time I needed to add a user it jumped back up. For a cloud based service they should be able to automatically scale licenses based on users and not a "range" of users leaving us paying for more than we need.

Lucidchart is such a joy to use; a breath of fresh air coming from other software

Pros

Has Everything: L:C has literally every type of chart, bubble, line, and template that I can think of. I've yet to run into a situation where LC did not have something that would work. Sharing Capabilities: Like Google Drive, users of LC can collaborate on charts. I know that our engineering team uses this a lot, I have yet to find a need to collaborate on charts that I've created, but I love how easy it is should the need arise. It even integrates with Google Drive to boot! Does One Thing: Sometimes this is a con; when a software is just a One-Trick Pony. I think that its a trap that a lot of software companies fall into, especially young ones. They try to do too much too quickly and come to market with incomplete, inconsistent, or generic products in saturated markets. LC does charts and chart sharing so well that it can afford to do nothing else and I appreciate them for that.

Cons

Direction: If you are a chart rookie or simply are not sure where to begin with chart creation, LC has templates that can help, but the user has to approach LC with the creative vision and direction in play already. There is no sandbox mode for this part of the chart-making process; I still use a legal pad to start with. LC's templates are neatly categorized based on business needs or otherwise, but they are still just templates. In some respects, this is not so much a con as it is a natural limitation on the creativity chart-makers must overcome in the first place

Miguel from Hach Company

Great solution for Architectural diagrams

We were looking for a tool that we can use to communicate our Architectural diagrams, and that would integrate with Confluence. Their support and training when we implemented the solution was excellent.

Pros

The integration with Confluence/Atlassian is straightforward. We do all our ERD in Lucidchart, and I used to create internal and external presentations. In my job, I have to present complex problems and sophisticated solutions to our dev teams and our senior team. Lucidchart helps me communicate those complex problems and ideas to solve them.

Cons

The library is extensive for developers that need to prepare ERDs or architectural diagrams. However, the library is limited for themes outside software development. The integration with PowerPoint is not as straightforward as I expected. And their online help is very extensive, but I find my self not able to find the articles that solve my questions.

Joseph from Infosys

Get your drawings done and share them with ease by using lucid charts.

Pros

I have been using Lucid charts to do drawings and network diagrams. It is very easy to use and there are nearly thousands of templates and the drag and drop option has helped me in exporting files with ease in a matter of seconds. We can export to any required format, and it provides free integration with chat, calendar and mailing tools. We can add members by invitation and also automate this joining process. The tutorial had given us details about where is which tool and why and how you can use the same. The best part about this application is that it is faster than most of the drawing tools available in the market. And you just pay for the tools you use, like the pricing is different for large and small businesses. It is very much intuitive and cloud-based, you can access your drawings from anywhere and via all the devices.

Cons

Integration with Microsoft apps are sometimes very time consuming and no other drawbacks as of now.

Dipin from SIS, Ahmedabad

Lucid chart helped me create great diagrams easy without hassle!

Pros

There are tons of templates available that has helped me create a lot of flowcharts as well as organizational charts without much lag. It provides a lot of real-time collaboration and the customer service is highly responsive. Data is encrypted using 256-bit encryption, high levels of security are promised. It has helped us to program, plan and solve problems. I had found multiple tools for design and shape, and this had helped me to design workflows with ease. The application has been priced well and is quite flexible! I just loved the drag and drop functionality, it has helped me complete tasks easy. You can try the trial version, it has got almost all version as the paid one.

Cons

If we try editing a diagram, at times it gets quite confusing to deal with. The application can be used offline, if there was an offline add on, it would just be great. At times, I had found the program getting crashed.

Chris from Utilities

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great Product Idea - Integrates With Other Apps

I’m so averse to subscriptions in this suddenly over saturated monthly fee market that hit the world like a giant wave that it clouds my judgement over software and the companies that made it. I actually stopped using Lucidchart because of that for a while ....but the superiority of the product and the fact it works across devices and platforms (from iOS to Windows, to android) brought me back. I would rather buy my license then rent one....so, I hope they address that desire because if a simplistic program comes out that I can buy....I’ll have to make the jump. I would rather stay here though as it is truly a easy to use program with tons of features.

Pros

The flexibility in this software is pretty stellar. You are not limited to one type of document or flow for your project and you can customize what you’re working on really easily by utilizing the available tool set. The app integrates with Hoogle and Microsoft so you can backup and save to Google Drive etc. The app also comes with an admin feature that allows you to call up the app from within Google Sheets or Google Docs which can be super helpful for embedding your drawing or project into a larger document.

Cons

The free version only allows a single document to be saved and if you’re lucky - after a period of time you’ll be offered a free document so you can have 2 drawings going. You only get 25 MB of space with the free version....so it’s really just a taster. You have to do the dreaded S word (Subscribe) in order to get any usable space for anything large enough for any serious process mappers etc. You cannot outright buy a version of the software so for anything usable (for serious mappers) you have to pay $5 per month at minimum. This frustrates me to no end with good software.

Adanne from BusiN Consulting

Lucidchart is always within reach for me.

Pros

I started my diagramming experience back on 2011 with Edraw max. However I tried out Lucidchart in 2016 and I have never had the cause to look back ever since. I am an avid user of Lucidchart simply because it is cloud based , it is affordable,supports importing diagrams to and from Microsoft Visio and allows me to collaborate with my colleagues in real time ,while working on my diagrams. Being cloud based , ensures I am able to pick up my device and begin working on diagrams at a moment notice, I get access to this fantastic diagramming program.

Cons

I have no iota of reservation about Lucidchart. Its user interface was very easy to get used to ,and this is majorly because it has got similarities with Edraw max,which was the software I was coming from.

Diagram, connect and improve your trade.

Pros

When you need to create a flowchart, an organization chart, a concept map, or even a mental map, try to do it with a platform totally dedicated to perform these functions, and one of the best, without a doubt, is Lucidchart. Surely, if you are reading this review, you have already heard of this work tool, because it has more than 15 million users who have this resource as a fundamental material for their work. The fact of having so many people in use, means synonymous with guarantee and comfort to operate properly. Lucidchart has been constantly updated, to the point that a tool fully compatible with other formats such as G Suite, Microsoft Office, Atlassian and other leading applications to maximize productivity in your organization. I dare say that there is no other platform more comprehensive, simple and efficient to create diagrams that Lucidchart. Therefore, if you are an entrepreneur and you need to create schematic content, do not think twice and try to establish Lucidchart in your team. In addition, it offers a free trial download, and then go to pay for their services. You will notice that it is worth it and you will not regret it.

Cons

Few negative things stand out in this platform. It is perfectly designed for a specific audience and a clearly determined work. Anyone who does not understand the subject and begins to elaborate with Lucidchart, obviously will have several setbacks, however, that is why it can not be considered a negative aspect. The experience of working with this tool is 100% guaranteed.

James from Futuremedia

Industry: Publishing

Easy and effective flowcharting and visual-planning software

I'm a long-time user and I keep coming back. LucidChart is a well-designed, well thought out product that makes project visualization and process diagramming super easy. Highly recommended.

Pros

I don't begin any project without creating a visual roadmap first. I don't know any faster way of getting team members on the same page. Using Lucidchart I'm able to quickly create a clear, graphical architecture -- and let my team know exactly what needs to happen next. I can identify distinct processes and explain functionality in an easy visual format. I sometimes create private charts that only I can see.. the for me, the most important features are the collaborative aspects. LucidChart makes it super easy for teammates to annotate charts and share updates with each other. In terms of ease-of-use, LucidChart is very intuitive. You'll pretty much hit the road running, and it's easy to get new teammates up to speed very quickly.

Cons

There are some use cases where I'd like to be able to customize the work environment a little better. eg: I'd like to be able to limit some functionality or chart features in some cases. Or expose some features to some users a little better. (These are mostly edge cases though... and not something I'd consider a real flaw). Additionally, if you get very image heavy in your charts (which, as a word of advice, you shouldn't do with LucidChart) the system can feel a little sluggish.

Corine from Johns Hopkins University

Life Saver for School Work

I had a very good overall experience with Lucidchart. It honestly was a lifesaver because I didn't have any other tools to help me create types of charts and graphs. I also found the templates to be really helpful. If I was required to create a type of chart I didn't know of beforehand, Lucidchart had a template for it, which helped me a lot with structuring what I was working on in the correct way. It was also very easy to share my work with others by sharing the link to my projects.

Pros

The best part of this software was that it had enough features to use with its free version. There were several classes that I needed to use Lucidchart for to create charts and graphs of sorts. Rather than spending money on an expensive software, I was able to use Lucidchart for free and I really didn't need any of the paid features. It takes a bit to get the hang of it, but overall I think it is great and has a lot of helpful templates to start a chart with.

Cons

What I least liked about this software is that the free version only lets your account have 3 open charts/projects at once. If you want to create a new chart, you will need to delete an older one from your account. This wasn't such a big deal for me, but if I had to choose what I least liked about the software, that is what I would say. I would still recommend using the software though.

Dylan from IXON B.V.

Easy to use online tool to create quick charts and diagrams

It allows us to set up a shared repository of all diagrams and flow charts to use internally when developing our product. Anyone can view, edit or create new diagrams with a very easy-to-use interface. This helped us save time when designing the implementation of a new feature or functionality.

Pros

The fact that the application is online means I can access it and all my created diagrams anywhere. I use it mainly to create diagrams that depict IT scenarios, with flow-charts, sequence or network diagrams being quick and easy to create. The interface is clean and everything is easy to find, with search boxes to speed up the search for the specific type of icon. Generally the interface reacts quickly and items nicely 'snap' to align with other items, making it easy to rearrange a diagram and still maintain a good overview, without having to redo half the design. Setting up a team within Lucidchart to share documents is easy and works well.

Cons

The price is a little on the high side, especially if you want to add more members to your Lucidcart team. Also, ocassionally the interface handles dragging lines between different icons badly, with lines not appearing at the correct spot and taking very tortuous routes through the diagram.

Great Charting Software

Pros

I started using this software in college for different classes like Information Technology and Operations Management. This software has also been great with helping me complete assignments. LucidChart is extremely user-friendly and I was able to learn how to use the software rather quickly. It's incredibly easy to drop in different shapes or images that you want and draw the connects from different processes/images to one another.

Cons

Only Con I can really think of is sometimes it can be frustrating to format shapes and resize them at times. While the software is fairly user friendly I have definitely gotten frustrated at times trying to resize images and have had issues when I was trying to connect certain processes to another and the program picks the wrong shape to connect to. I also wish it was a bit easier to print out these charts, but I don't think it's very fair to blame the software on that since everyone's charts are going to vary by width/size so it's up to the user to format it for printing.

Bukola from DRS Data Services

Lucidchart is a blessing to my diagramming experience.

Pros

Lucidchart is web based ,with a close to zero learning curve for new users ; especially users who have used alternate design softwares like Smartdraw and Edraw max before.I am able to share diagrams with my team members wherever they are. Lucidchart is the one design tool I can count on whenever I need to quickly work on diagrams , user interface designs and sketches at a moment notice. The fact I am not restricted to a single device to be able to use Lucidchart is a blessing for me.

Cons

I am unable to share my raw diagram files with team members who do not use Lucidchart. I always have to export my diagrams to pdf .before sharing.

Kristina from Pension Corporation of BC

Huge variety of features and functionality

As someone who is used to Visio, there was a learning curve when I started using Lucidchart, as the functions were not intuitive to me. However, it was a very short time from when I figured out the basic functions, to when I was creating complicated process design flows and detailed user interface mock-ups, and impressing my clients and co-workers. We have been using Lucidchart on a pilot basis for a specific project, but based on the features and functionality available (after some training for those stuck in the Visio world), we are recommending Lucidchart become the go-to tool for creating and maintaining user interface mock-ups for our systems development and maintenance projects.

Pros

Number of types of tools to create charts, as well as the number of styles within a set of tools. It has felt like there are infinite possibilities of charts to create.

Cons

Not sure if there is a way to "lock" some combined pieces of of a chart, so that you can move the entire "collection" together, and not have to move all separate pieces individually? I know you can lock the whole chart. Sometimes I would create a chart, but then further info would be provided, so the chart needed to be modified, but as more space was needed in a specific area, I would have to move all of the individual pieces of a section, rather than the whole section, to accommodate new pieces. It often became very time-consuming to "relocate" a section of the chart because of how complicated it was.

Benjamin from Ixxus

A great product but can be slow

My role has required me to increasingly create diagrams so it's great having an online repository for them. Having them available on wiki pages and update as they are chabged is a huge benefit. I haven't struggled on lack of features but it would be good to have more mangement of the diagram files themselves, and a feature for online archive. Overall a great experience so far however my only bugbear is performance, large diagrms can take an age to load, even browsing documents. Having said that the performance does seem to have improve lately.

Pros

Online repository for diagrams Collaboration Link to online for upto date version

Cons

Performance Lack of document features

Ragnar from University of Portland

Flowcharts Made Easy

The Good: First of all for any basic project, there is likely to be a similar one in their database from which you can build yours. When using swim lanes, resizing also moves to contents which saves a lot of time (as opposed to doing this in Word or Excel). You can build custom shape libraries to include color settings and such on the shapes. Overall this program has (figuratively) pulled my bacon from the fire more than once. The Bad: The login screen does not allow for quick form fill (browser remembering the username and password to instantly input it upon page load). It does not remember certain view settings between uses, such as opting to use the beta build for the next version, I never want to go back to the previous. The Ugly: The default themes are a decent baseline from which to build, but are each rather lacking, and you cannot save your own for quick application over all objects in a spreadsheet (thus you need to do it manually, which can take quite awhile).

Pros

Use of use, simplicity of design, complexity of task.

Cons

I wish I could save custom themes, and possibly share them with other users.

Victor from Independent Consultant

Industry: Think Tanks

Lucidchart for everything from technical to marketing

Pros

An easy to use and share vector graphic problem that is ideal for process management, process engineering, network diagrams, flow charts, etc. It is an outstanding tool to create drawings used in office documents and presentations. Includes libraries are perfect for flow charts, but not what is needed for process automation (BMS/SCADA etc.). Network and IT stuff is acceptable but some of the built in objects are unprofessional looking. Easy, though, to create your own objects. Definitely faster and more powerful than Gliffy (Atlassian) or any of the MS Office drawing tools except for Visio. But what's great about Lucidchart is the simple integration with web sharing (wikis, confluence, etc.). Works cross platform on Mac, Linux, and Windows desktops.

Cons

Exporting high quality images for production printing (to Adobe InDesign for example) is an overly awkward and laborious process. Would be nice to a simple Save As EPS and SVG.

Harish from ITC Limited

My first preference is Lucidchart when I want to create a diagram to explain something to my team

Pros

I am the person at our team to explain new project opportunities and most of the team members prefer a systematic or diagrammatic explanation of details. Apart from the initial learning time on how to use this app, it will save tons of energy and money for sure. I used to draw using a pen and paper and Lucidchart changed everything to just the computer screen. I can collaborate with other members of my team to make updates on my diagram. I can clearly set permissions on where someone other than me can do an edit. Sharing the diagram online is just a matter of seconds.

Cons

I think Lucidchart must add more advanced templates for the basic users. The other main drawback is that there is no offline access to Lucidchart in any platforms. If there was a desktop client application that works offline as well and automatically updates all the edits when the PC connects to internet would have been much helpful.

Deep kiran from Carmen Solutions

One of the best Diagramming Tool!!

As a Business Analyst My day to day task Involves making Flowcharts, workflows and Lucid Charts has made it the easiest .

Pros

This tool has helped me make Diagraming and Visualization extremely Easy. You don't need anyone to actually guide you through using this tool, everything is extremely self-explanatory. It offers Numerous templates and varieties of Diagrams so it is a versatile tool . I use the online version of the tool, never really felt the need to Install the program . So, this can be used from any device having an Internet Connection.

Cons

The only issue that I face with Lucid Charts is Connectivity to Internet. It would have been better if I could locally install into my Laptop and use it without an Internet Connection.

Liz from BumbleBar, Inc.

Industry: Food Production

Customer support "empowers" users by not offering customer support.

Pros

The templates can be very helpful. The software itself is a little clunky but fairly easy to use.

Cons

The complete lack of customer support. So frustrating when you have an issue and have no options for help except scouring the help center for the answer. Ugh. Apparently, Lucidchart has been able to maintain the same number of support staff as they have scaled since they "empower" their users to solve the issues on their own. :(

Sandra from Kforce Inc

I love my Lucidchart.

Pros

Lucidchart is easy to learn and is an intuitive diagramming tool.It is cloud based and this has allowed me to be able to use Lucidchart for my user experience diagrams. It works with Google drive , allowing me to save my diagrams in the cloud for future use. The templates made available for flowcharts have come on very handy for me.

Cons

I will like to be able to share my diagrams with colleagues who aren't users of the Lucidchart tool. At the moment , I have to export my diagrams in pdf,jpeg,png or other non-editable formats.

Aruna from JLanka Power and Energy LTD

Great online charts and diagram creating tool

I usually create diagrams for my reports using Lucidchart. They can be shared directly with my team members. Separate access rights can be assigned to each user. It even supports sharing the link with users. Very easy to create flow charts because it has a unique connection making system. I export the created diagrams in a transparent canvas and crop them to the required size when necessary. The digrams can be blend to the documents with these techniques.

Pros

This tool is an ideal tool to create flow charts, state machines, use case diagrams etc. Most of the time I use this tool to create flow charts for my algorithms. This diagrams can be directly exported to image formats and even into google slides slide show. Very easier to use drag and drop interface comes very handy to create quick diagrams. Another best thing is that it is directly compatible with google classroom project hance can be used with it directly. It supports importing images and clip arts to the drawing canvas, even the PNG images with the transparent background is supported by it. When saving we can save as different formats. I usually use png format with transparent background. It even supports the PDF format.

Cons

The pricing scheme is monthly payment system. It is a little bit problematic when this tool is needed during report creation or presentation creation. They should introduce another package in pay per use system. Apart from that, they have an educational package as well.

Mohamad from Velosys

Lucid Charts frequent user

I love Lucid Charts and have got the company I work for to buy the licenses for all team members.

Pros

I like the fact that lucid charts provides you all the shapes to choose from and there isnt anything I couldnt find. I make flow charts and use case diagrams all the time and I had been using visio. But I have to say you dont need any training to start using Lucid Charts, it is so user friendly.

Cons

One of the cons that comes to my mind is that you often have to export the diagrams to share it with users who dont have access to the software

ravi from Open Access Technologies, Inc.

It explains so much in so less

It gives very nice flowcharts, which are very easy to understand and also it makes the clients understand better about insights. Who is working on what is easily seen through it. The most important benefit is , it is very easy to learn.

Pros

The use of lucid has provided very nice, responsive flow charts, which give so much information. It is pretty simple to learn. Just start using it and in no time you will be able to do wonderful stuff. It has a nice integration with other apps and has good quantity of libraries. It makes us learn about our requirements and what the client needs. We can easily see who is working on what work, it has made collaboration so easy.

Cons

It is little overpriced, due to which many opt out of it. It is very smooth and have nice templates, but I think the number of templates could have been more. The speed of rendering can be improved a little too.

Josemaria from Maynilad Student Services

Business Analysts Online Friend

All my diagramming and workflow documentation needs have been fully addressed by Lucidchart. Full-featured, easy to use, and constantly improving.

Pros

Visio just costs too much! A good alternative for us was to use Lucidchart. It supports Visio and so we didn't have trouble with importing or migrating. Lucidchart didn't require much learning curve since it is fairly straight forward and easy to navigate. All our workflow and diagramming needs can be done within Lucidchart and the best part (compared to our lower version of Visio) is that we were able to work in teams collaboratively on the same charts. Work has been completed faster even with remote team members. I love the offline mode, this is the closest I could get to a native app response time without the need for connectivity.

Cons

I prefer a desktop application since for me it normally runs faster compared to running the same application via a web app or browser. Depending perhaps on our current internet situation Lucidchart can sometime feel laggy or clunky.

Leo from Amido

The best tool for UX there is!

I've been using Lucidchart for over a year now and love it. I've used other tools in the past but they just don't come up to scratch in terms of feature set and flexibility. I am a Business Analyst and UX designer so Lucidchart features in my work day.... every day. I use it to quickly sketch out user journeys as well as rough outlines for screens. My clients love that I use it as we can collaboratively work side by side on a design and then there are numerous ways that I can export the work for use elsewhere. I just can't imagine not using Lucidchart anymore so I am grateful that it is there and constantly evolving to meet my needs. Great product!

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility.

Cons

Sometimes the number of features is a little overwhelming and it's not as easy to understand the new ones (and change my easy shortcut habits).

Ana from universidad de oriente

good tool, allows to make the diagrams very quickly and work collaboratively without installations.

the creation of flow diagrams and uml mainly that can be shared to work as a team, I can also use them from google docs without problems and store in my google drive account, I can also use the images saved onedrive in my diagrams.

Pros

It is very easy to use and to register there is no complication. Several types of popular diagrams can be made in some disciplines such as software engineering or network design. available in several languages, including Spanish. It allows to import diagrams made in microsoft visio, omnigraffle, gliffy and draw.io you can also import figures from visio or in svg format to the library. You can download the diagrams in multiple formats like jpg, png, pdf, svg, csv and visio. You can work collaboratively, inviting teammates to edit, comment or see the work. It can be used for free. has an excellent integration with google docs and office 365, also with confluence, jira, slack, quip and zoho connect among others.

Cons

allows only 60 objects per document in the free accounts. the revision history is only available as a premium function, which forces me to use the google revision history docs when I want to work collaboratively.

Kevin from Michigan Language Assessment

Think modern Visio

Pros

This is an ideal alternative for Visio. It may not be as powerful but it has lots of useful features and is very user friendly. We use this product on a weekly basis for mapping processes, layouts, charts etc.

Cons

Some print options could be clearer. If you want to print out over say 6 pages it can be difficult to manipulate this.

Price

Kurt from Angel Water Inc

Process Mapping

I have used 2 other white-boarding tools like Lucidchart, but they got this nailed down. So simple and intuitive to use. Layout is exceptional, and the ability to have high resolution print quality out of the gate is amazing.

Pros

Tools and object selection is large. Layout/format abilities are very prominent. UI is simple and intuitive.

Cons

Not having the option to save the file name when exporting to a PDF.

Great Diagramming Tool

It´s been great overall. It has become our main tool to create diagrams of all kinds in our company.

Pros

It´s very easy to use, intuitive, user friendly, and comes with hundred of templates and examples to get you designing your own diagrams fast and with a very professional looking. Personally i´ve been using it for network diagrams, and it has all the symbols and devices I need to to make my projects diagrams in a very easy way. It has a wide range of export formats , and a great integration with google drive that I use all the time.

Cons

Had some issues sharing diagrams with other people, to have coworkers editing and adding their perspective on the diagram. The Sharing features has some rough edges that should be improved in future releases.

Sebastien from University of Rochester

Best chart/workflow design tool

I amable to quickly create charts to illustrate processes and workflows to external users clearly and efficiently

Pros

Cons

That it's not completely free, but at the same time it shouldn't be. Clearly a lot of work has been put in, and it shows. It's worth it

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,091 reviews