All Lucidchart Reviews

Quick and Easy Mind Maps

Maciej

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

One of the best mind-mapping tools on the market

Lucidchart is easy to use out of the box, has tons of features making it useful in basically every use case I can imagine. No cheap customer lock-in. You can easily export your projects and switch to another tool.

PROS

Abundance of features, which makes this software so versatile. You can basically use it for every task and project. I mainly use it for mind-mapping and brainstorming, but it's also equally useful for taking notes, story-boarding, gathering ideas, presenting, drawing graphs, schemes and organisational charts, Gantt timelines, or even team building (it works great as an online whiteboard). What I really love is ease of use and multitude of features. Every time I wish I could do something, it turns out it's possible. Seems like developers really thought about everything and listen closely to their users and use cases. Also, you don't really feel that the software is locking you in--you can export your projects to similar software/platforms, e.g. Visio.

CONS

Getting to know some features takes time and energy, documentation and tool tips have some space for improvement. Also, licencing model could be more friendly for small companies or people who use it as backup/auxiliary software only (en entry level paid subscription model).

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Abundance of additional features, ease of use, short learning curve, user-friendly UI.

Christian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Excellent app for flowcharts and collaborative teams

Lucidchart is amazing for creating high-quality, visually appealing charts and diagrams. Although its primary function is in flowcharts, its versatility is immense. It's easy to use, and we appreciate how well it works with Confluence.

PROS

Lucidchart is my go-to software for making system diagrams, modeling data, and analyzing and bettering business processes. It works wonderfully for each of these purposes. Using Lucid is a breeze because of its drag-and-drop interface.

CONS

The functionality of Lucidchart are behind those of some installed alternatives because it is a web-based tool. I also find it frustrating that there appears to be no method to attach a connector to a form in such a way that the connector would automatically re-orient itself when I re-position the shape, as is often the case when trying to optimize a procedure.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Extremely convenient for online teamwork and information sharing. Non-artistic or technically-inclined persons can use it with ease to create diagrams and charts. It gets even better because it integrates with other programs like Google Docs.

Ram

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Lucidchart

PROS

Lucidchart is easy to use as a browser-based application. It is a lot of integrations for example it can be inserted directly into the Confluence page.

CONS

Lucidchart icons are sometimes difficult to navigate. They can be organized more sleaky for ease of finding the right button to click. Also, Lucidchart can have more symbols and diagrams for certain categories.

Yasith

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Looks fairly basic compared to tools like Miro

Lucidchart worked fine when we first started our company but as we scaled and found that Miro does a much better job.

PROS

As a basic diagramming and mind-mapping tool it works without an issue. You have all the shapes needed. It is simple enough for anyone to use

CONS

What I found bad about Lucidchart is the UI and collaboration with others compared to Miro. The UI looks outdated and takes the fun out of drawing. Collaborating with others is not seamless like Miro where you can collaborate in real-time, chat or take audio calls.

Reason for choosing Lucidchart

Sharing on draw.io is a nightmare and signing into it is also hard.

Aaditya

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Lucid chart My Experience

My personal experience was neutral as it fulfilled my use even with the existence of a paywall.

PROS

The primary thing I loved about lucid chart was the drag and drop as well as the variety of diagram options essential for creating various diagrams during the planning stages before developing a software.

CONS

The primary con is that if you want to store numerous files it is blocked by a paywall which hampers the experience of certain users.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Lack of options in order to create the diagrams that I needed and was not very user friendly

Marianela

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Lucidchart, a platform to create ideas, document processes and increase agility in the organization.

Lucidchart is a spectacular tool, which has grown through its own concept, aimed at streamlining the process of creating ideas. In general, diagramming in different areas or specialties is very well received by engineers, designers, administrative staff, and managers, and its application is very wide, so it becomes a great technical support to make our processes flow more quickly.

PROS

Its interactive and agile design is one of its greatest advantages since it does not require at all to spend time learning to diagram, work collaboratively or use the tool's functionalities. It has a high degree of usability and allows us to make almost any diagram, among them we can mention: UML diagram, iPhone/android mockups, workflow diagram, flowchart, org chart, data flow, kanban diagrams, and much more.Its integrations provide us with functionality to work collaboratively in environments such as MS TEAMS and its adoption in the organization is fast and intuitive.

CONS

Lucidchart is great at what it does. We may try to ask for more of its scope and in many cases, it will not disappoint us, however if we are looking for a sophisticated design application that has powerful functionality related to specialized rich text fonts, color palette registration, a grouping of objects to create custom libraries in a project, to name a few examples, we are going to need to evaluate some other option, but if what we want is to work in agile and collaborative environments, Lucidchart is undoubtedly one of the best options today.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Lucidchart is widely recognized, has multiple integrations and its uses and is very interactive.

Rajiv

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Lucidchart review for visualization and product management

The overall experience with Lucid chart is tremendous as it makes the user in control of how they want to navigate, utilize the features and collaborate.

PROS

The various options and controls the application provides are the main likeable features of lucidchart. The collaboration that allows multiple users to see and edit simultaneously is a great feature.

CONS

Navigating through different libraries can be challenging for some users

Reason for choosing Lucidchart

The features including the support for Library, collaboration as well as ease of use motivated me to use Lucidchart

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

LucidChart

It did a great job in feeling my needs and requirements for creating a network diagram.

PROS

It's way more affordable than Microsoft's offering

CONS

You can't export the files easily, or at least without paying.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Cost was much cheaper on LucidChart compared to Visio.

Ben

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great product for diagrams

PROS

You can easily create color diagrams and flow charts.

CONS

There's not really any negative features we've discovered.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Lucid Chart was easier to use than Power Point.

Rodrigo

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

It is awesome to handle multiple projects

PROS

The graphical interface is awesome, how you can see the charts

CONS

I cannot say any, con, I am happy how it is.

Sean

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

LucidChart Usage

Overall experience is positive. It has been a great bridge between my engineers and BD team.

PROS

LucidChart looks very good. When the flows are built, they're great for collaboration and process understanding.

CONS

I'm constantly booted out and have to relogin. Could be a user error, but several of us on my team are interrupted by navigating away and then trying to come back to it. SSO seems to be an issue for us.

Balaji

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2022

A nice platform to use for your wireframe, mockup tasks

This is on of the good tool to use for all your wireframe, mockup works. I still use this for my simple tasks for workflow, process and wireframe works. Some of the features are not available since it requires a paid subscription. The platform is getting revised with lot of new and useful features and I hope it's going to be a best one. May be one day this can be an alternative for Photoshop ;-)

PROS

It's a cloud based software and quick to access. We can access it via our gmail id as SOS login. When it comes to feature, there are some great options which I like most. Like the layer option is a pretty good feature and it reminds me the Photoshop software. Though it's not a sophisticated feature but a nice one to have for this kind of software. The other thing is Lucidaspark, its looks more classic and spacious. The drag and drop option, multiple export file options are the few best features to name.

CONS

I can't arrange the layer as a whole. It always allow me to arrange the elements within the layer and not the layers itself. For ex., I have 3 layers where one of the layer is a background image which I want to push behind the 2 other layers which is not possible if I create the background layer last. This is something frustrating for me to fix.

Reason for choosing Lucidchart

It's more comfortable to use and its a cloud platform. Initially we are able to use most of the features for free. So, we choosed Lucidchart

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

It was not comfortable to use at that time. So we started looking for some alternative and found Lucidchart

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Just a great tool professionally and personally

Helped 4x my income. I was able to communicate more, by saying less. This allowed C-suite leaders to quickly “see” what I was “saying” without having to utter more words than were necessary. My value to clients and companies exponentially grew by adding this tool

PROS

How quickly I could get other teammates to start using it and start integrating in into their work. I even got my family to start using it for planning vacations and holiday travel and logistics.

CONS

I love video games and some of my favorite RPGs start of in a “learning island” or “tutorial mountain,” Lucid had a “throw you into the pool” kind of onboarding and I would have liked a little more guided entry. It’s not a flaw and 90% of the time, I would prefer the “pool” approach. That said, there were lots of tools and tutorials that I reluctantly went back to once I realized I needed more training

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Because having one slide at a time to tell a story or make a graphic or orientation was not always enough. After a few days with Lucid, my stories and presentations skyrocketed and my clients noticed the difference.

Marie

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Visio made it to the cloud and being collaborative

The tool provides seamless cooperation on process drawings/diagrams and makes it very easy to build it together. I like the possibility to indicate the status of the drawing, despite it being cloud one. I like the "Visio-like" experience as I'm the old guard. The overall experience is not bad as such, but it is hard to navigate sometimes with all those templates popping up on a landing page. UI is very clean when it comes to the drawing/designing part. Also usage of those templates is not always straightforward, especially those with underlying data. However, I would not recommend it for any wireframes and such, there are better tools for that.

PROS

I love, the cooperation portion of it. That I do not have to send out ppts or something, but rather collaborate on stuff in the tool and get the best result because of that. It saves so much time.

CONS

The welcome page is very crowded, There are all these templates popping up. I'm storing all direct links to my drawings, because I find it very hard to find them otherwise. Also I do not like, that I can get to the list of my drawings from a different page, then the drawing one.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

I needed to be able to collaborate on my drawings and not be bound by a corporate licence to use Visio, since I'm a consultant, and also I wanted to keep all of my drawings in one place regardles of who I'm working for

Muhammad

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Diagramming is easy on Lucidchart

Lucidchart is web-based, intuitive, intelligent, reliable software for making diagrams, flowcharts, organization charts, gantt charts, mind maps; also allows to linking data to shapes. Lucidchart works on any environment whether windows, mac, or linux even it may be used online. It allow collaboration, import data or diagram, export diagram; it has rich library of shapes.

PROS

Lucidchart is web-based therefore work can be done or accessed from anywhere, it is easy to use. Importing and exporting data and diagram is simple. It has vast library of shapes and templates, it allows to modify template according to your requirements. Arrows can be easily used, it provides option to jump arrows, layers may be used for better diagramming.

CONS

While working in a browser, you can only create charts; web application cannot work offline. Some templates are not easy to use but tricky and need time to understand. It provides insufficient icons and not allow to search icons externally, icon cannot be resized as well. You cannot arrange the layer as a whole.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

We share work and some of team members were using linux operating system

Kishore

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2016

My Review after using Lucidchart.

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations. The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

PROS

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES: - Flowcharts - UML - ERD - Wireframing / iOS Mockups - Network Diagrams - Org Charts - Mind Maps - BPMN POWERFUL & EASY TO USE: - Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality - Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx) - Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost - Dedicated support team to address your questions BUILT FOR COLLABORATION: - Real time collaboration - Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators - Powerful version control and revision history - Group chat and comments - Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites SECURE & RELIABLE: - All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption - Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers - 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers - Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements ROBUST FOR ADMINS: - Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users - Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation - Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

CONS

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Adam

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

Using the Suite Almost Every Day

Love it and love how easy it is to use and get people connected to procedures where they had no idea how their inputs or outputs affect the overall motion of activity.

PROS

It is so simple to get in and start creating documents. You don't need much experience at all and can find a wealth of information out there on getting started. Its ability to export in PDF is great for those folks who don't have access. The other nice part about the export is that you can embed links into the document which those users can then click on to go to internal sites, knowledge articles, or program/project locations

CONS

Sometimes presenting complex flows can be a challenge where you have multiple parties acting on a process. In other words, as you progress left to right, or up and down, you lose site of who the actor is titled in this swimlane. If the 'cells locked' or if a floating key could follow you as you present that would get everyone on board much faster.

Ben

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Lucidchart for the Win!

PROS

Absolutely love the dynamic nature of documenting and optimizing workflows in a cohesive, simple to use, customer centric tool.

CONS

Some of the advanced features require additional licenses.

Lee