Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I like the connection you can make to LinkedIn when constructing a chart. Also, it is easy to rearrange things as you need and as your company changes."
  • icon"The chart creation is pretty simple. Best of its kind for a good price point."
  • icon"This is very intuitive to use and easy to manipulate."
  • icon"I do find it confusing to add things to the chart. It's a little too techy for me."
  • icon"The inability to take action on multiple charts within an organization versus taking action individually."
  • icon"It can be a little confusing to figure out how to establish roles that are transferred to the chart."

Have you used Organimi and would like to share your experience with others?

All Organimi Reviews

Guenter

Ease of use - wow effect

We printed the Org chart on PVC folio about 1 * 4 Meter and hang it up to a wall in the floor of our Berlin office in front of a lunch buffet. - That was a real highlight.

Pros

You can easily start building your organization and when you are more familiar there are nice bulk upload opportunities that make it easy to maintain the charts.

Cons

There is no function to easily sort employees in a roll group. And we are looking forward for an update that brings this function.

Organimi has been a great org chart tool for our medium-sized business!

Pros

We have found Organimi to be really easy to use - adding and removing employees is a breeze, uploading pictures and contact information is customizable, and reconfiguring the charts to reflect our constantly evolving organization is quick and foolproof. We were previously using another software that was clunky and time-consuming so this has been a great way to keep our organization's structure up-to-date and visible to everyone.

Great solution, just wish there were more ways to integrate

I love that with a start up it's very easy to set it up, create your first chart, select colors and get data out there. It was the best option of many - but feel like additional updates with more customizations and share options will have to be created to get this worth the pricing. I'm happy we have it - but do wish it was a bit more fleshed out.

Pros

Ease of use and the fact that it allows for non-traditionally structured companies. This is a GREAT option for start-ups and I would highly recommend it for those types of clients.

Cons

The limitations on sharing the chart and how it is shared. Would be really great to add a 'static' share that is more like a .pdf to share, as well as, API support for other programs like BambooHR, Confluence or even PM software like 15Five, etc. Also, moving one person is clunky when you have a large org chart if you need to move someone of a section from one side to the other. You have to move to a random section, then scroll your screen, then move to another until you get to the other side - there is not autoscroll when you do this. Also really really wish there was the ability to more customize the look and feel of the charts and data.

I'm in the midst of a restructuring and it's helped me keep track of frequent changes.

Pros

The best thing about it is how easy it is to set up in the first place. I was up and running so fast. Making changes is very easy too (though I think it could be even easier!)

Cons

Printing and exporting options could be a bit more varied and easier to figure out. I also find that moving people around is a little irritating. I have to click more times than I would like. Mobile experience could be a bit better too.

Response from Organimi

Hi there. Thanks for leaving a review! We have improved the drag & drop functionality in Version 5, including the ability to drag members directly from the organization roster into their roles. Hopefully you get a chance to check that out! I will pass on your other feedback as well. Thanks for using Organimi! Best, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Great for Org Mapping in Sales

Pros

Organimi was simple to use. I liked the ability to drag cards around and rearrange them as well as the LinkedIn integration. The different views are helpful for whether you want to focus on specific types of roles or just collapse it all into an easy to follow list.

Cons

The LinkedIn integration for some reason doesn't always work very well. I also found myself wondering if other people were creating org charts for the same companies and, if so, why not allow me to view or buy access to updated, accurate org charts?

Response from Organimi

Hello, Thank you for reviewing the product. We're happy to hear that you found Organimi easy to use and are enjoying the formatting options. Sorry to hear that the LinkedIn integration doesn't always work for you. Unfortunately LinkedIn has privacy limitations that don't allow us to display information from private profiles. We are aware of this limitation and will continue to try and improve it while respecting LinkedIn's privacy agreement. Thanks again and hope you continue to find value in Organimi.

Replied April 2019

Shelley

The application was easy to learn and it's made our org charts projects much easier to manage.

Pros

Ease of use. Versatile. Great customer support. Took no time to learn and implement. Good to be able to share with the VPs of the teams.

Cons

In the newest version, you can't click onto a person's name to find them on their org chart. Would like to see this feature again.

Response from Organimi

Hi Shelley, We appreciate your review! You will be happy to hear that we have added a search functionality in edit mode. Simply type in the member's name, role title, or even custom field information to find who you are looking for on the chart! The member will be highlighted in orange. :) Thanks again for your positive review. Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Adam

Simple yet functional tool.

Easily put organization members into perspective for all to see. Better organization road map.

Pros

Easy to follow layout. Easy convert and export to PDF. Great customer service. Easy set up and installation.

Cons

No undo button. Some features require more digging in the tool to discover. UI could be updated/improved.

Response from Organimi

Hi Adam, Great to hear that Organimi has been easy to use and that you are enjoying the level of customer support! We agree there are always improvements to the UI that we need to make. We have a running list for our product management team to review, so if you have something specific in mind please email me at nicole.ragno@organimi.com and we would love to hear your feedback! There is an undo/redo button, but please let me know if you can't see that (it pops up when you make a change, but is hidden when you haven't edited yet) Best, Nicole

Replied December 2017

Anne

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Enlinx review of Organimi

We are using Organimi to keep track of our organization over several locations. It helps leaders quickly find reporting lines and departments.

Pros

I like that it is web based and can grow as my business grows. This enables me to add on additional employees as needed

Cons

It is a little difficult to learn to navigate. Once you are using it for a while, it gets easier.

Dependable and Easy to use

Pros

Simple import. Lots of flexibility in laying out teams and different structures. Ability to share with others is useful.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with other directory systems. It would be nice to see integration with Confluence of O365 to allow for one-stop management of employee profiles.

Rolly

Industry: Information Services

Marketing Consultant

It was easy to get started. I work with a large software company with hundreds of contacts so having this is great for our entire organization to understand who we are talking to.

Pros

Love the ease of use, integration with LinkedIn, and the visual is very good (it's pretty)

Cons

I would love it to make recommendations from LinkedIn

Kari

Very happy with the product thus far.

We used to manage orgs in a powerpoint presentation, so this obviously helps immensely.

Pros

The ease of moving people around from department to department has been good for us this year as we've had a lot of changes in our organization, and new color coding feature is great too.

Cons

Some of the things that were frustration points have been fixed in the last release. Still seem to struggle sometimes with getting people in a view that we want, or format if you will.

Response from Organimi

Good Afternoon, Kari! Thanks so much for the overwhelmingly positive review! Very glad to hear that you are finding it easy to move people around and manage your org chart. If you enjoy the colour coding feature, you may be excited to hear that colour legends will be coming up next! You will be able to associate a custom field with a colour and a badge will appear on the member's role card. :) Feel free to email me directly at nicole.ragno@organimi.com if you can't quite get the view of the chart you are looking for and I would be more than happy to help! With appreciation, Nicole Organimi Customer Support Rep

Replied December 2017

Organimi Makes Org Charts Easy

Organimi makes it simple for me to keep my organization's org chart tidy, updated and accessible. My boss and I can both log in and make changes, which I love.

Pros

I love the fact that I can use Organimi from anywhere. It's super easy to create org charts, and also simple to edit them. I love the streamlined, uncluttered look and feel of Organimi, and do not miss the days of creating org charts in other programs. Also, Organimi is a great buy. My boss loves it, too.

Cons

I used to find the photo upload feature to be cumbersome, since I had to create a zip file with each file being specifically named. I think I heard this has been addressed in the new version. If so, hooray! If not, I look forward to the day when it's easier to upload/edit pictures in Organimi.

Response from Organimi

Hi John, thanks so much for leaving a review! It is awesome that you are loving the look and usability of your org charts. Thanks for you feedback on the photo uploads! We continue to work to make these features easier to use and more efficient. I will pass that on to the product management team. Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Heidi

Organization Charts

This helps our executives and worldwide teams with knowing who we need to reach out to for a specific problem. We also use Organimi as a directory.

Pros

I love how easy it is to move employees around. This is nice when we have people promoted or new positions created.

Cons

I can't think of anything that makes me dislike the software. If there is, it would be small things that don't stick out to me.

Jamie

I enjoy Organimi but there are times when I wish it was a little more easy to use.

Ease of creating internal org charts

Pros

The import tool made initial creation of the org charts extremely simple! It is very easy to add new employees to our org charts as well as move them around within the organization chart.

Cons

It is not always easy to figure out how to do what I want it to. I also wish we could "reorganize" how some of the branches are set up automatically. The way it expands is not always the most useful for us and takes up too much space on the page.

Response from Organimi

Hi Jamie, thanks for the kind words! It's great that you were able to get your chart up quickly through the import function. We've added some new chart display features in Version 5 to satisfy requests such as yours if you want to head over and take a look. Click the settings icon on the top toolbar, then hit Chart Settings, then Chart Display to get there :) You can control when the software "wraps" roles from 1 to 16. Email me if you need help. Kind Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Anna-Marie

It's somewhat user friendly; however, trying to get help troubleshooting was challenging.

Able to update within a short amount of time.

Pros

The visual aspect is great. Once you figure out how to navigate the software, it's easy to manipulate. I like how you can add people without having to import charts all over again.

Cons

Customer service availability. tried to contact someone in real time and they never called back. We also emailed and they eventually responded via email but not phone. We were in a time crunch to get one developed for a strat plan so we needed assistance in real time. We weren't sure what the resources are at Organimi.

Response from Organimi

Good afternoon, Anna-Marie! Happy to hear that you are enjoying Organimi so far. Sorry that your customer support experience was less than stellar. We find most issues are easier to sort over email if it requires looking into by our development team, however every situation is different. We will try our best to do better next time. Thanks again for leaving a review! We really appreciate it. Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support

Tom

Nice tool for the price. Beta versions add needed features but also come with quirks.

Ability to create and update org charts more quickly than with other diagramming tools.

Pros

I like that Organimi is targeted squarely at org charts and not trying to be a does-it-all diagramming tool. This makes creating and updating org charts quicker than the alternatives.

Cons

Stability issues make using the tool difficult. I tend to use the betas because they are so much better and sometimes my changes fail to save or charts get messed up.

Response from Organimi

Hi Tom. Thanks for leaving this awesome review! You will be glad to hear that V5 is more & more stable by the day! We are ready to drop V4 soon as everything is looking good. :) We hope you continue to see value in Organimi! Have a great night. Kind Regards, Nicole - Organimi Customer Support Rep

Taryn