(1,220)

1,220

Browse 1Password Reviews

Stephen M from Stephen Bair Enterprises

It Should Be Installed By Default

Overall, this is a kick-ass product! You pay for it though so you expect that level of premium upgrades and security. At $36/yr it's a reasonable expense at about $0.75/week to keep all your data in one place, secured. Again, with all of the ways, they allow you to access your information they really provide the most flexibility possible while keeping your information safe.

Pros

I'm still waiting for the horrible headline - "1Password Hacked". Thankfully, that day hasn't come and hopefully never will. The software is easy to use in either browser extension or full-application mode. I was able to make all of my passwords random 8-16 characters and different for every service I use. I feel much more secure than I did just a few months ago. It's easy to access across many devices once authorized. I have it on my computers, phone, and even watch. It not only allows passwords but some payment information, so that pesky credit card number you can't remember is always at hand.

Cons

Sometimes, I think it has to do with the site's form submission, you are not prompted to save the password you just entered or created. In that case, if it was generated with 1P, you can pretty easily find it in your password list and add the site domain and username. In other cases, where you created the password, 1P does not know it and you do need to manually add it yourself. These scenarios are maybe every 1-in-10 sites you create an account on.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

I personally prefer the look, feel, and layout of 1Password. I have recommended both LastPass and 1Password to friends and family depending on their preferences - as long as their data is safe.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

I tried LastPass for a little while. It seemed a little more confusing to me. I think there were more granular options, maybe, especially for groups, but I just found it a little more cumbersome to use.

Andrew from Swarming Technology

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Pros

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Cons

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

We were looking for something with more extensive sharing and management features for an entire team.

Mike from Personal

Industry: Writing and Editing

Don't use the web without it. . .

Very productive and efficient.

Pros

Single, secure repository whose access is likewise secure for passwords, identities, and notes.

Cons

Many times after choosing a generated password for a new site, 1Password stores the password, but frustratingly fails to complete setting up the login. May be one of those "user errors", but I don't think so. . . .

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Read rave reviews from Apple customers, gave it a try, and was very pleased across all devices MacBooks, iPads, iPhones. We're personal users with, ridiculously normal, 7 Apple devices.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Just didn't feel right--I know that's a strange response, but true.

Benjamin from Ben Accinelli LLC

Industry: Photography

The Best Password Keeper (and I've tried many)

1password is great for individuals, but when it comes to teams, i keep track of my passwords i share in a spreadsheet. if anyone in my business were to leave, i generate a new password and share that with everyone except with the person that left. it keeps our passwords secure.

Pros

what i enjoy most is that this password keeper can keep all of my passwords synced between all of my devices and secure. I've tried dashlane, keeper, and lastpass and none were as easy to use as 1password

Cons

i don't like that they discontinued their one-time payment app. i bought 1password when it was $1.99 in the app store and had them ever since. the best $2 i ever spent

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

I made the switch because 1password was already easy to use and had all of my passwords i needed. with the other password keepers, i had accidentally given my work team access to all of my passwords and didn't know how to revoke them. before anyone knew what happened, i deleted my account, only after trying to contact support. it was a pain trying to work with support from the other companies because it was email-only correspondence. because we're dealing with sensitive passwords, their response time wasn't acceptable. some of these companies didn't even respond to my request.

Jeremy Brand from Freelance Marketing and Creative Services

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for individuals

Upgraded security and privacy

Pros

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze. Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Cons

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it. Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll need an account to sign in. Don't have an account? View this FAQ. The FAQ says, enter your secret key. Oh, the Mac version doesn't have a secret key? Looks like you have the wrong version! You need the membership, which costs a monthly fee. And, surprise, now your extension is in read only mode, hope you don't mind we took that away. I don't know if it's their weird decision to fork the Mac app store version from 1Password 6/7 (a move done to extract more money from monthly subscriptions, I'm sure), how they are handling the vault syncing with external services or WHAT, but this once solid tool is growing stale, fast.

Response from 1Password

Replied June 2018

Hi Jeremy Brand, Thank you for reviewing 1Password! I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you. Thanks! Best regards, Roustem Founder of 1Password Toronto, Canada

Darryl from Flying Man

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

Pros

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one. Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!

Kai from VetDB

Combining great design and great functionality. Easy to stay secure.

Pros

I love the design. The software interface makes it a joy to use. Having the option to create multiple vaults for different areas of your life, and then enable or disable them based on the browser instance you're in is super handy for keeping logins seperate, but in the same account. Another great feature is the in-built two factor authentication. When I log into an application, it fills in the 2FA along with the username and password and saves me a heap of time - without compromising my security. Finally, the biometrics login (using your fingerprint, Face ID, Apple Watch etc.) to login to 1password is super handy. Makes for a quick and simple accessing experience.

Cons

Couple of things. I came from LastPass, which had two features I miss. Firstly, it's hard to share logins in 1password. It sorta forces you to either send a one-use clunky link via text or email, or setup a (paid) shared vault. LastPass just allowed you to invite someone and it would drop into their account. The other thing is saving logins the first time you signup for account, or access an account you haven't saved yet. With LastPass, even after putting in your details, clicking sign up/sign in and landing on the next page of the website, a little popup in the corner would prompt you to Save the login. Super handy. However, with 1password, I have to physically click Save Login on one of the fields as I enter them before I sign in or otherwise it doesn't give me the option to save them. It's a small thing, but was a great, common sense feature that I do miss with 1password.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

LastPass has a really frustrating user interface. It has some great features (some that I miss in 1password) but the overall UI, UX and CX of 1password, the thought that's put into the product design, is what's most important to me. I wasn't even paying for LastPass at the time, but made the switch and brought all my passwords across, and paid for 1password, because the experience is just that much better - at least when I was using LastPass.

Alain from Sequence Bio

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent product for rewarding good password hygiene with easier logins

1Password is great to work with and their support team is responsive and honest. The product works smoothly and meets or exceeds our password management needs.

Pros

I really enjoy using 1Password. It is an integral part of my workflow. My colleagues have adopted it eagerly as well and it makes day to day logins into various systems much easier. As an manager of a team of system administrators across security, cloud, and IT, one of the biggest wins 1Password gives me is a major reduction is password reset help tickets. That alone pays for the product. Combine the user experience and reduction in workload with the awareness aspect of WatchTower and it makes 1Password an obvious choice for me and an easy recommendation for my peers in the industry.

Cons

As someone who has many accounts for the same service for different purposes, the lack of ability for the browser plugin to recognize which account is in the login form for auto-filling is a bit of a nuisance. Fixing this would be a major improvement to my workflow in the day.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Cleaner integration in the desktop across platforms and great mobile support. Overall 1Password is more polished than LastPass.

Kevin from Pioneer Bible Translators

Best Password Manager Available

1Password is the best password manager available in my opinion. The way the app allows multiple ways to organize passwords (tagging, vaults, search, categories, and now archive!) is such a joy and it actually makes password management fun for me. My history with the app has been a little confusing because of the way they've done versioning, but I'm willing to overlook that because of all the amazing features. They also actually write real release notes when they push an update through the app store, which is such a breath of fresh air. I've emailed their customer support multiple times and they've always been extremely helpful. I like the 1Password community, and the fact that 1Password employees hop on there and help people out. I've used LastPass for about a year or two, and I've trialed Dashlane, Bitwarden, and a bunch of others. I am a 1Password user 100% - the others frankly don't even come close.

Pros

The design, the organizational features, and the number of field options for each password entry.

Cons

The complexity of the 1Password App, 1Password browser extensions, 1Password X, 1Password 7, etc. - the versioning seems overly complex and a bit hard to understand. The history of it when they moved from a one time cost to monthly was a bit rough as well.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Because LastPass is scammy. I wrote about my perspective of the whole LastPass premium/free fiasco here: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]Because LastPass' feature set and organization options are terrible.Because LastPass did not at the time include OTP fields for passwords.Because I get the impression LastPass does not care about me, at all.

Skyler from VitalWare

5/5, recommend to everyone I meet, especially clients.

I have the business plan that includes a family plan on discount; all employees and family use it. I recommend it to all of my clients as well, as the number one security measure they can/should take.

Pros

1Password has a nice looking and easy to understand interface. It works seamlessly on my computer and mobile phone, really wherever I set it up. Ease of use and top-tier security were the two metrics I was looking for, and this aces both. Much better than LastPass, imho.

Cons

It's not unique to 1Password, but learning to use a password manager can have quite a learning curve no matter who you use. This has been a struggle for my parents, for example. Having used other password managers though, it's hard for me to find fault with this one. It's pretty smooth.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

LastPass was harder to use, the interface isn't as good. They also use more tracking software bundled with their solutions, which hit's performance and makes me a little concerned, given we are primarily about security here and I don't want to be tracked.

David from Davenov

Best password manager

It is great. I think it is really good value for money. Especially when compared to other password managers that offers free plans (last pass for example).

Pros

- It is available on all my devices (macbook, iphone, ipad). - 2fa is really easy to setup and manage. - My password are always different on every site I login on. Also,

Cons

When I reboot my phone (when doing iOS update for example). It asks me for my password instead of just requiring faceID, when i want to quickly fill out login form. In order to turn the faceID on, I have to enter the password in the app (entering the password when doing quick autofill won't turn faceID on). I understand this is probably required because of security, but it is super annoying, especially when in public...

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

1password has much better UI. Also, there were some leaks of LastPass database.

Tim from Elevated Business

Researched and used other, 1Password is the best for me.

I originally set up 1Password with out a lot of research. It was great except I wanted the ability to share individual records without having to create a separate vault for it. This lead me to doing more research when I started my own company and I settled on Keeper. I found that wile I initially thought Keeper was cheaper by the time I bought all the optional peaces it was the same or more expensive than 1Password and much more difficult to use (partial because of having more options). I did extensive searching and testing at this point and finaly went through the effort to switch back to 1Password. Save yourself the trouble, do your research on the front side, and/or just use 1Password, it's great.

Pros

My initial experience with one password comes from setting it up for a small/med. construction company. While security may be most important in a password app. usability is right next to it. A difficult to use app might as well not be rated for security because it won't be used. I found 1Password to be user friendly even with people who are the most unfriendly toward using a computer. After useability: -Shared Vaults (groups of passwords) -Admin power and simplicity -Guest access (in some packages) - this is the ability to share a vault with someone (client) for no additional charge and keep them separate from the rest of the organization (say you need access to some of there resources during a project) -Integration of multiple accounts, I have a personal account (provided with my work account), a work account, and an account from a primary customer. When I sign in to my app I get access to these three authorized accounts with clear but convenient separation. Which comes back to, I use it because it's convinced and secure.

Cons

Read this as, my two feature requests, but if these are critical items for you, then be aware. -Share single items, in 1Password all sharing is done by vault and over all this is a good thing but I'd like to have persons user credentials in a vault for that person but share just that item to a junior IT person. There are work arounds but that would be nice. -Securely receive credentials as a one time event from an outside source. A reminder that the guest vault sharing I described above is outstanding it's overkill when you need to get a set of credentials from a client (or other source) and don't need to keep in in sync. I've seen this from a small solution. It sends a one time access url that is a form. After it is opened and closed it doesn't do anything anymore. If info is entered it creates and entry on my side. These are small things I would like but I still chose 1Password over having those features. If you must have them; Keeper has ability to share groups and individuals records - powerful but a little difficult For the requesting feature look to to EliPass, I found this one feature great but the rest of the platform needs work.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Usability and value (not the cheapest but good price points with great product)

Carl-Erik from Diffia

This is a no-brainer: buy this for your business!

This is the most secure, yet user-friendly, software solution available for password management in the enterprise. Screw LastPass, get thi. I can use it on any browser, I have it on all my phones, it has excellent 2FA abilities (got rid of both Microsoft and Google 2FA authenticators), etc.

Pros

Security and ease of use. So easy and great to administer.

Cons

I like pretty much everything, but for a long time I needed to have 2 1Password extensions installed. Both the "native" version that integrated with the desktop software and the web-only version, but now the web-only version has integration for the optional desktop software, so nowadays I have no complaints.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Poor security. Several breaches.

Life changing security management

1Password leads the industry when it comes to password management. Beyond just storing login info, 1Password can secure arbitrary files/documents, text data, credit card info, Wi-Fi passwords, driver's licenses, passports, etc. Items can be organized into various vaults, some of which you can choose to share among members of your family or organization (depending on your plan) to easily keep shared passwords available to multiple users. 1Password integrates with just about every conceivable browser, and the extensions do their best to auto-fill login info automatically. Additionally, 1Password can store 2FA token generators for logins. After logging in, it can automatically paste the current code into the 2FA prompt, so it's about as easy as possible to have increased account security. Of course, whenever it copies data to the pasteboard automatically, it will restore the previous contents of the pasteboard shortly thereafter. Overall, I couldn't be happier with 1Password. Yes, I had to go through a months long ordeal of transitioning my messy, insecure logins from Safari over to 1Password, which involved visiting every site and changing my passwords to use unique, randomly-generated secure passwords. But once I finally got everything organized, it has been effortless to keep all my logins, credit card, and even all my cryptocurrency info secured. The browser extensions and iOS integration make it effortless to log in about 95% of the time.

Pros

The Apple first-class citizens approach that 1Password employs means it's an incredibly polished and pleasant user experience on any Apple device, even though it's supported on Windows and Android as well. The design language instills confidence in the quality of the product as well, as does their industry-leading stance on security and data protection. However, the single best feature in my mind is their world class customer support. Seriously, no other product I've ever used has the same level of support that 1Password offers. Whether you email them or tweet at them, you will receive a professional, personalized response extremely quickly, no matter whether you're asking a question or just leaving a compliment. Replies are offered using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, which may seem silly to point out, but when it comes to a product that you're trusting to secure your entire digital life, these factors go a long way to inspire trust that they take their product, business, and customers seriously.

Cons

It's hard to think of cons, honestly. Every con I can think of would usually involve some trivial nit pick which in no way affects the core experience. However, I'll list a few of them anyway. 1Password is a touch too opinionated when it comes to organizing fields, in my opinion. For some item types, 1Password mandates which fields appears, and those fields can't be moved around or deleted outright. If you leave them empty, they won't appear in the standard view, but still, someone OCD like me enjoys being able to exactly move things around. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that there are different restrictions on different platforms. On iOS, you can move some mandatory fields around that you can't on macOS. On Windows, text notes don't render Markdown whereas they do on macOS and iOS. On iOS, there doesn't appear to be a way to link related items, even though you can see already existing linked items if they were added on macOS. Perhaps the biggest actual usability con for most people might be the desktop experience's information architecture. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out where you are. The navigation side bar might be hiding item categories which you have to reveal, or it may be confusing to know at a glance exactly what vault you are currently viewing. Every once in a while, I'll get a little lost in the navigation, which I suspect might be problematic for less tech savvy users.

Ma favourite password manager

I LOVE 1Password, and use it everyday, for both my personal and my team (120 ppl). One other team feature I love is that with a business account every member get a free personal licence for their families. It encourages them to bring good password management habits to their homes, which is great!

Pros

First, everyone should use a password manager! It must be promoted to anyone using the internet at all. Then, among the few serious choices available, it comes down to personal preference, usability, a few functionalities that may differ. I personally selected 1Password for my team because of: - ease of use (great UI, good extensions with Chrome etc., the Mac app is great too) - user-friendly dashboard that makes the onboarding easy for new users. it was a key criteria for a team where you can met some pushback at first - some nice features like the overview of risky passwords, potential leaks, etc.

Cons

Some team management features could be added, like a better overview of logs. It would be great also to have a way to share logins 1-to-1 with another team member. I must be a design decision, but the alternative is creating a new vault shared with the co-worker, but you end up with hundreds of vaults which isn't ideal.

Nadia from Nadia Joyce Photography LLC

Industry: Photography

Best way to ensure strong, secure passwords across the board

Very positive experience with 1Password in all the time I've used it. It's allowed me to really know and feel that my accounts are as safe as they can be, and much safer than the average person's. I like the idea of, at the very least, making myself a very difficult and undesirable target for account hacking because of this, and at most, making someone really have to work for it if they ever wanted to try to get into one of my accounts.

Pros

Before 1Password, I *know* that my accounts weren't nearly as safe. Maybe not safe at all. The fact is, there are SO many places that I have log-ins, and there is no way for me to remember unique, complicated passwords for the dozens and dozens of places I need them. The safest, most secure way to handle passwords is to have unique ones for every site (so if one site gets compromised, you don't inadvertently compromise every other site that you use that same password for). 1Password makes it actually possible for me to have strong passwords across the board in a way that I would NEVER be able to without this program.

Cons

It took me a while to figure out just how to properly use 1Password on the cloud, so that my passwords synced across devices. For a while, I had a situation where I'd have added a password to the app while using it on my phone and the password wouldn't sync to the app on my computer, for example. I did figure this out and ever since, things run smoothly. But it wasn't super intuitive. Also, for better or worse, I don't actually know most of the passwords that I have on all the sites I have log-ins *nervous laugh*. This is great because it means all my passwords are complicated and secure...but also potentially not great if I'm ever in a situation where I don't have access to 1Password, but need to get into an account. This hasn't happened yet (because I always have my phone with the 1Password app on it on me)...but I could definitely see this happening someday. Nothing a quick password reset probably wouldn't fix, but ugh.

Jakub from mediaform, s.r.o.

Once you get used to it you never stop

Great app with a set of features which the user finds userful only after some time using it. Like the Watchtower which gives you sort of warnings when there has been a breach in some services. Having th passwords saved somewhere else then the browser is im my opinion very practical and gives me confidance. As a skilled user I can sync my posswords over multiple machines even without using the cloud.

Pros

The application is fast and reliable. Passwords get stored securely and what mostly fascinates me is that the auto-fill feature really works all over the websites and it can be tweaked to work on local machines. Everything can be organized into folders and tagged. Finding a password is really easy.

Cons

The switch to the subscription model is understendable, but I did not like it in partiucular since I like my software licenced for a one-time fee.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Transparency over company ownership and jurisdictional location.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

The appl was bought by LogMeIn and since the company did not go well on theLogMeIn application I decided to look for something else.

Bakari from Bakari Media

Industry: Writing and Editing

Essential for Managing and Inputting Login Information

I use 1Password on a daily basis — at least a half-dozen times a day. Unfortunately not all websites make it easy to create accounts, and sometimes you have to use more than one login for an account. So 1Password’s easy accessibility on my Mac makes it easier to manage logins and security information.

Pros

I have been using 1Password for about a decade now, and I prefer it over Apple's Keychain application, because 1Password allows me to easily access my logins from the menu bar of my Mac or in the toolbar of my Safari web browser. 1Password is very useful for creating complicated passwords, and I could trigger a keyboard shortcut to quickly input login information when it website requires it. I also use 1Password for tagging and sorting important logins, particularly in in the case of an emergency in which my family needs to access those tagged logins for various purposes. I also store my credit card information, software licenses, and 1Password handles two-factor authentication for sites that allow it, and it enables me to quickly update login information when I change it on various sites. 1Password is a very stable program that is regularly updated along with new versions of Mac OS. Several years ago I started making sure that each of my logins has a different and complicated password to prevent hacking. The name 1Password means exactly that. You only have to remember one password to access and input logins for any website.

Cons

I would like to see 1Password include some specific features for handling data after the user has passed away or in case of emergency. For example, it would be great to have a category in which users can write out step-by-step instructions for accessing specified documents and logins, and maybe even a way for specified people to access the application on behalf of the user.

1Password, the king of password management

Overall, 1Password Business is the 1Password we know and love, but it's for business. Additionally, everyone gets a 1Password Families which is a fantastic value. Plus, their support is fast and helpful.

Pros

First of all, the base product (1Password Personal) that facilitates password management, is terrific. Everything is made as easy as it can be, without sacrificing even one bit of security. It's easy to use, relatively easy to introduce into your life and then you can't live without it. The 1Password for Families is even better, because not only you can securely share passwords, but each member has its own private vault. This means that Families includes everything in Personal. So you can encourage safe password practices in your family (which reduces the support in the future) but you can also help them safely recover their password should they forget it, without you getting access. Now, when it comes to 1Password for Business, it has all the things you could expect (access rights, group, provisioning etc.) and it's exceptionally good. And its biggest advantage: every user gets a free, separate 1Password Families account for their family.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of, is the occasional feature that the competition may have (for example, automatic changing of your weak passwords) which 1Password refuses to implement, unless there's a 100% safe way for them to do it. So, they might miss one or two smaller features, but their security is absolutely uncompromising.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Ultimate security, top-notch UX, fantastic support.

Timothy from timlittletech

Must Have for password management

Pros

The price of the lowest tier is hard to beat, and its amazing to get passwords syncd to all my devices, I have more than 250 passwords saved in this app, and it is a huge time saver and life saver. My wife and I share the app and it gives me peace of mind knowing I'm automatically sharing all our most important information with the click of a button, if anything ever happened to me, or if I wasn't available, she doesn't need to text me for the password, and I have to text her back (which is SOOO not a secure way to share pwds). This app we both use everyday both personally and professionally, I can't recommend it enough

Cons

there are some ui things which are a little quirky, but nothing major. For example, if I'm looking in one vault and I search then things from my other vaults don't show up and I have to do a couple extra clicks to get there, it would be nice if I could automagically everytime search across all my vaults.

cheaper option with same/better features

cheaper option with same/better features

Ted from Galanga LLC

Industry: Restaurants

1Password Helps You Get A Handle On Proliferating Passwords

1Password has dramatically streamlined my ability to access all kinds of business and personal on-line accounts. I no longer have to flip through my hard-copy notebook looking for a username and password. No more scribbling out old, expired passwords and trying to find space to write down the new one. It amazes me how many times per day I use the application. It feels like I am able to complete my work in a noticably shorter time. I am using paid subscriptions - such as to newspapers and cloud-storage accounts - more and getting more value from them, whereas before the need to rummage for a password caused me to hold back from using them.

Pros

The 1Password app "lives" on your computer, tablet or smartphone and makes it much faster to retrieve the username and password for a given Website, and to use this data to log into an account on the site. It provides a secure, encrypted repository for my list of usernames and passwords - which was badly needed, since my collection of online accounts and their associated credentials seems to be expanding at a faster rate every year. And since it is cloud-based, I can use it to access my accounts on multiple PCs, phones and other devices. Managing passwords is one function of 1Password, but it can be used for other secure information access, retrieveal and management tasks. For example, you can create "secure notes" and credit card records and store them in the 1Password cloud-based vault. It appears you can also create sub-sets of your password list and make these available to other parties - I can envision using this to give my kids easier access to accounts that we share as a family.

Cons

Occasionally this software glitches - it doesn't crash or anything severe like that, but sometimes, on a few accounts/Web sites, it does not "get me in" on the first try and I have to make a second or even a third attempt. I always do manage to get into the account, but in these cases (which I should emphasize, are a minority of cases) I do have to attempt login a couple times. Also, the product appears to be optimized for logging into web sites with a simple username, password entry procedure that takes place on the same screen. I have one or two accounts that require a PIN to be entered. 1Password does not handle this step - I have to do it manually (although, I am able to store the PIN securely in 1Password, so I can copy and paste it from there). Finally, some web sites require the username to be entered on a first screen, and the password to be entered on a subsequent, second screen. 1Password's automated login capability sometimes fails in this situation. But again, the username and password are stored in the 1Password app and can be copied and pasted from there.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

I looked for a password solution by posting to Facebook and asking what technology friends used. I got more recommendations for 1Password than any other solution, and some of the endorsements came from people whose opinions carried weight. Because of that, 1Password was the first solution I tried - and it worked well enough that I didn't bother with any of the others.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Speed in creating entries and accessing needed data. Security, since a notebook could be stolen. Convenience - it was really a pain to write down and update information.

Nick from Silofit, Inc.

Complex, But the Best Password Manager Out There

1Password is a software I would insist on using at any company, especially where sharing information amongst coworkers is essential, and—without question—when sharing virtual credit card information is necessary. It offers a lot of peace of mind in that regard.

Pros

I find 1Password to be the most secure answer to sharing most types of confidential information. Mostly, as the name suggests, this software is great for sharing passwords and/or full login credentials, but it's also great for securely storing credit card information, official eyes-only documents, and a great deal more. The browser integration specifically allows access to most of this information seamlessly, with no compromise in security.

Cons

I used 1Password for many years as a Team Member at another company, and now as the Owner/Administrator, I'm responsible for setting up the accounts of all employees. Onboarding new users tends to be a bit time consuming, and the desktop app and browser dashboards have completely different UIs, as does the browser extension, which sort of feels like I'm running three software trainings at once. It would streamline the onboarding process a lot if all of the UIs were consistent, but it's a small price to pay for what you get, and is entirely worth it.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Partially, I chose 1Password because it's familiar. However, in choosing a password manager for the company I moved to, I exhausted my resources researching alternatives, and surveyed friends who work at other companies. 1Password was always the software of preference.

David from Arrow Dot Press Ltd.

Industry: Publishing

1Password manages passwords and becomes a dashboard for sites

Very efficient and easy to use. Saves an enormous about of time. Works well across platforms. Having a web interface with all sites you use regularly has a lot of value in addition to the password management.

Pros

1Password is very easy to use with both Windows and Android. You can also login in from the web and see a dashboard overview of all the web sites that you use and have passwords for. Passwords are easy to pop in and 1Password uses biometric login on Android phone which is quite handy.

Cons

Some apps are beginning to want to use biometric logins of their own which can be irritating since I prefer to limit this to 1Password. On occasion with the Android app, I need to enter 1Paaword app and copy a password and then go back to app where I need it (a few apps won't allow autofill.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Cleaner interface across platforms.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

1Password interface send cleaner and I found lastpass a bit more cumbersome to use.

User since version 1

I've used 1Password since it was a one-man operation and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the sole developer, customer support guy, etc. I could not operate in anything like a secure fashion on-line without 1Password. I've used it since version 1, and would not think about have an on-line presence without it. While there are simple password managers available for free, none approach the sophistication and power of 1Password. While it **has** declined in usability, Agilebits' on-line support for the application is fantastic. When [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the only guy to contact, he was incredibly responsive and always friendly and helpful. Agilebits seems to retains that character, although I've never had need to contact them directly for support in years since I've always been able to find what I was looking for in their support documentation.

Pros

1Password, in its cross-platform, cloud-based version, is incredibly easy to use. If you have a biometrics enabled device, like an iPhone with Touch ID, or Face ID, coupled with a Mac with Touch ID, it is incredibly accessible for simple password creation and management. And, if you're like me, you are forced to use a Windows machine for work, but use a Mac at home, the cross-platform capabilities of the application are great. Probably its best feature is the ability to create shareable 'vaults' where you can segregate private passwords from those you might want to share with another person. If, for example, you have multiple passwords for work but want to share passwords to access your cable or utility bills, you can create a private vault for work, and create another, separate vault you can share with another person (provided you have the 1Password family license). I dinged it on 'ease of use' because its ease of use has definitely declined as the app became more sophisticated, and some of its features, and some of its recovery methods are not readily accessible. Although, to be fair, some of that is due to OS security constraints. Despite that, I've been a user of the application since the mid-00s and have paid for every upgrade, despite the availability of free password managers from Apple, Firefox, etc., because it is simply indispensable to the smooth functioning of my on-line life.

Cons

As the application has grown more sophisticated, its ease of use has declined. That is inevitable, but some of the intuitiveness of the the application has been lost over the years. Computer security in general is not at all simple. Unfortunately, some of that complexity has crept into the humble password manager, including 1Password. That said, 1Password is an incredibly powerful, and useful application.

Secure and reliable password storage solution

I used to just save my passwords using the browser save and autofill features, but I would inevitably use weaker passwords because I would use different versions of several passwords that I already knew. Now, my passwords are much more secure and each one is unique. I just have to always remember my primary vault password and with access to the 1Password app (through my computer or my phone), I can log into any site that I want. It was also extremely useful for our technical administration of our business because there are so many logins to be saved for our company accounts with all of the different platforms, and it is easy to share these from one user to another in order to give them access to all of our company accounts (for the other executives to have). This is made easy by 1Password by being able to divide my personal accounts into one vault and the main admin accounts for the company in a separate vault that can be shared with another user.

Pros

This is a very secure option for storing passwords, and it syncs well between my computer and my phone. It can also save credit card information to make filling out payment forms quicker, and to be able to save the latest company credit card to make any purchases. There are many other types of entries that you can save in 1Password too that we don't even yet take full advantage of (software licenses, bank accounts, etc.). It is also possible to create multiple vaults, so that you can have a company vault and your personal vault separated. The Google Chrome plugin works great too.

Cons

It sometimes takes longer to save a new login for a new website because the password creation form is on a different page than the username for example. In these cases, I like to log out and log in again to manually update the login entry in 1Password to ensure that it has the correct username, password, and login URL all saved. It's an extra step, but it is worth it once you get used to it.

Carlos from VX Networks

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers. What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection in compatible devices. I can also organize and save the license information for my software for backup purposes and even credit card information. This is and essential tool when managing multiple sites and when I'm away from my main computer. It is hard to renumber multiple passwords and it's not recommended to always use the same password for every service and site. With OnePassword I only have to remember the master password and get access to my database. It can also be synced with Dropbox making it easy to update my list of passwords. No more writing usernames and password on a piece of paper and modifying the list every time there is a change of information.

Pros

*Easy to use. *Computer and Mobile App support. *Extensions to use with most browsers *Access saved passwords from anywhere *Storage software keys and passwords *Save credit card information for (Autofill) *Minimal graphic user interface *Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers *Free trial *Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates *Master password can be also set as face detection.

Cons

*When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database. *Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud. *There is currently no two factor authentication *Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

simon from UpRight Avenue

Middle of the road software

The features I paid for in 1Password became free in it’s competitors and they had more features. As a single user, finding the free version of another product beating the paid version of the product I am using was galling. I switched (even when offered the free subscription with another bundled product). For small teams, this product was lacking so many of the features I needed

Pros

This was the clear (to me) leader in the field when I chose to replace the old solution I had fallen into many years back (when I was only concerned with windows desktop/laptops), and looked to a solution for Mac and mobile. As a single user it had all the features I needed.

Cons

It didn’t scale well to the use cases I had for multiple users or sharing. It didn’t get updated at the speed of other apps on mobile devices. It made it very hard to get my data back out of, to try competitors.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

At the time I didn’t need their advanced features, and the single user feature set was better (and initially not more expensive)

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Roboform was way behind the field for mobile apps.

David from Caledonia Housing

Industry: Facilities Services

Brilliant Software,

Previously we had a password management system which was only accessible on devices within our domain. With 1Password being cloud-based it is accessible, securely, from multiple app options as well as a browser page so gives us much more freedom to visit sites and access any details we need

Pros

The ease of use. It's very simple to administer

Cons

The price is a little high for my liking

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Familiarity with the product and none of our users were using it personally so it gave us a clean slate to work with

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Keepass is now past its best. Its interface is clunky and management is not great. Being tied to a device with the application installed on it is also a pain. 1Password, like so many others, is accessible from multiple types of devices including mobile platforms, giving it much more versatility

Bhavik from CF

A Great Password Management Solution for Organisation of any size.

My overall experience with 1Password has been very satisfying. The feature set is thorough for personal as well as business use. Also, the teams and business plans are very well priced and involves features like custom roles and groups to organise. Also, it includes an activity tracker which tracks user vault activities that help is better security and privacy.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about 1Password is its availability on most of the popular platforms. It is available on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and even on Linux. That helps a lot when you have an Organisation with different devices. Also, the user interface is very minimal and straightforward and easy to use. It also offers high end security solutions like 2 factor authentication and many others.

Cons

It is one those software where there aren't many things going against it. The only downside to this great app is the unavailability of a free plan. Also, options for sharing is not available in personal plans.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

The feature set and security policies of 1Password were the main motivation behind choosing 1Password over Lastpass and Dashlane. Also, the team pricing of 1Password was very handy.

Bill from ComputAssist

Good if you only need it for web sites

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Pros

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine. My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Cons

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

The sharing capability worked the way I needed it to.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Looking for a way to share portions of my password database with customers.

Michael from Stonebridge Church

Love 1Password!

I have loved using 1Password! It has been one of the most functional resources I have used in my line of work.

Pros

1Password has been a lifesaver for me. My memory sucks, and 1 Password saves so much important information for me and has been incredibly secure through the process of protecting my passwords. I love the iOS sharing between devices, and it is amazing to have all your passwords in one place!

Cons

I hate to pay for it, but it's worth it. It isn't much for the subscription, but this is literally the only con.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

1Password is the best switch I've ever made in this area! 1Password combines functionality with security and both are important.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Dashlane was so complicated and made empty promises. Whereas, 1Password was the best switch I've ever made in this area!

Brian from St. Luke's Lutheran Church & School

Happy Customer

Experience has been great. I started with standalone licence but now I use 1password subscription on a personal level and team work account. I don't know how we survived before without having 1password in the past. It takes the guesswork of all the accounts we have to manage. We have over 1000 passwords for all the web accounts, network switches, projectors, computers, laptop carts, and credit cards. A team of four of us all use 1password to access / mangange and keep accounts credentials up to date. It is wonderful. On a personal level I know if God forbid anything happened to me today. My wife would not have to spend days trying to log into or reset my critical accounts (life insurance, credit cards, SSN, smart phonw log in, home WIFI...) We have everything in there. All she has to do is open 1Password, select a category or start typing keywords and see will have the account info and notes see needs in seconds. This gives me great comfort knowing she can access all this needed information quickly.

Pros

Everything. Clean look. Simple to use. Open and Fill is a big time saver. I love however you can integrate it into the autofill on IOS passwords. I see apps developing with the 1Password icon for quick log in Supports 2SV

Cons

There is not much I have found that I dislike. I wish I could make some custom categories. I wish the standalone licence would have a changed password history.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Word of month. Trusted friends and family in the digital security field use 1Password. Also 1Password being one of the highest rated apps and developers choice on the apple app store helped make the choice.

'Almost' ..... Flawless

For the most part, this app is 'flawless' and is a vital everyday experience on each and every internet visit. You 'must' however, be 'religious' with your execution and interaction with the program... garbage in <--> garbage out. It almost goes without saying.... but just like you should 'organize' and categorize all of your photos, music tracks, file structures.... you still have to keep on top of managing all of your 'secure' information. This app will help with that, but just like the ab cruncher doesn't actually get you flat abs, you still have to do ALL of the reps, every day, for a year or two. I keep 'everything' in the is app. Passports, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificates, Credit Cards... I mean 'everything'...... (including scanned PDF copies of the original documents)... and this is where it gets a bit 'messy'. They 'used' to keep each record with each document embedded, but they recently changed the documents to appear as 'separate' entries with hyperlinks to those documents.... so now, you have to edit in a link to your document, but to get 'back' to your record, you also have to edit in a link back!!!... (not to mention scanning all of your documents).... it's a huge pain in the rear. Plus, you will be continually weeding and sorting duplicate passwords, weak passwords, and compromised passwords. They do include 'tools' to use with this, including sorting by date, so that can make things easier... but if you don't keep on top of it, it gets away.

Pros

Security, All in one place. Don't need to remember more than one password. Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), multi-browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc)... Convenience of having everything with you, all of the time. Makes creating new passwords a breeze, so joining sites etc, is easy.

Cons

Doesn't 'always' work with web pages. Can get 'messy'. Yet another blood sucking leech on your bank account. Your master password needs to be 'strong' (long, multi character, mix of words, numbers, symbols).... and you must continually enter it - unless you have a fingerprint or face recognition option. Limited categories. If you want to keep the make and model of your car for example, you'll have to settle for a 'generic' note... SplashID has 'better' categories.

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Great password management for anyone.

Pros

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.
 Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards, ftp logins and many others. It’s really well thought out and works seamless across all devices. On iOS, it recently got an OS integration where you can autofill within most of your mobile apps which makes the process of sign in very easy and effortless. There is a similar process for Android users also. If you are more conscious of where all this data is stored and trust Dropbox with this precious information, you can keep your vault (the place were all this information is stored), inside your dropbox account giving you more control with were your important data is stored.

Cons

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view. The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Lucas from Geeks in the Woods

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Benefits of Team Collaboration with Password Management

My twin brother and I are entrepreneurs and have a venture studio. We partner with startup companies and help them build their businesses. Accordingly, we needed a solution where sharing of login credentials and secret notes worked smoothly with robust flexibility for managing user access. After using competing solutions, we realized team collaboration was not a core value of the other solutions. Fortunately, we discovered 1password and all of our desires have been fulfilled. While my brother and I both of our own private login credentials for various services, a vast majority of logins credentials are shared. We soon realized that sharing login credentials with our team members was a fundamental way we operated. 1password provides the best and most secure solution for sharing passwords with team members.

Pros

- Sharing and collaboration are key advantages to their solution while security is still a top priority. Any folder can be easily shared or unshared. Folders can be shared with team members and even a guest. - Flexibility in managing access to vaults. I can create vaults that are by default accessible by other administrators. Thus, I can give my twin brother (an administrator) immediate access when creating the vault. It is just as easy to uncheck the box to give other administrators access which turns the vault into a private one that I only have access to. - Managing user access for team members is easy and intuitive. Once the vault is created, you can click on the settings for the vault from the main dashboard and add team members to have access. Once access is granted to a vault, the team member gets immediate access. Team members don’t need to wait around for changes to propagate to their user’s access. - Editing and using login credential from the website is really easy. I enjoy how you can copy the pass with it being kept secret. Only when necessary, you can easily click a button to reveal the password. This makes it easier to collaborate with team members present while not compromising security.

Cons

- If you have a guest user, they can only have access to one vault. It doesn’t say this in the interface, but after a few times of trying to give a guest user access to a second vault and 1pass changing the access to the new vault only and removing access from the old one, I am pretty confident this is the intended functionality that isn’t apparent within their UI. - Unable to move an item from one vault to another. Instead, if you want to item an item from one vault to another, you need to create a new duplicate item in the new vault and then delete the old one.

Near-perfect password manager across all of my devices, with a great family account featureset

Dead simple password management, sharing and entry

Pros

Firstly, I love the most basic premise of the tool: password management. 1Password makes it easy to generate secure length passwords on the fly, and then save these on first login. I can then access these passwords on any of my devices that I have connected 1Password to. Recently, there was an upgrade to allow for autofill within mobile apps, which has been an incredible time saver. It is painless to generate new passwords for different services, avoiding the pitfalls of using a consistent password. A year or so ago, a service I use had a password breach - however the password that was leaked was unique to that service which really contained the problem to just resetting that single account. I love the family account features, where me and my partner can keep shared access to the latest credentials for certain non-critical things like food apps or Netflix.

Cons

I have had various versions of 1Password, and at one point had a separate freelance and personal account. Merging things hasn't been super straightforward and at times I do find duplicate entries for sites, which is a bit of guesswork to figure out which entry is the current credentials. I've been cleaning these up as I go, but it would be nice to have some sort of 'de-dupe' feature. I was also having some errors with an older vault format in my newer account. Sometimes when saving credentials, especially from a reset email event, it struggles to save the username with the password, which leads to having to type it in next time. No major problems.

Nate from Texas State University

I'm a very happy paying customer

Pros

I've long had a theory that website's attempts to beef up their security by requiring increasingly more complex passwords has led to a DECREASE in security. There is no way the average human can remember 50+ complex passwords, so they instead do stupid things like writing passwords on sticky notes and/or using the same password across every website they use (meaning that if one is breached, which is inevitable, then essentially they all are). Enter the hero of this sad tale--1Password! I have used this software for years now, and I recently upgraded to the family account to get my wife on board. As a result, I use a different ridiculously complex and secure password for every website I visit without needing to remember any of them. I simply use a keyboard shortcut that will automatically fill in those usernames and passwords for me. I love it. Worried about not having a password you'll need while out and about and away from your computer? Not to worry, they also have great mobile apps that'll take care of you there. Also, how many times have you had to ask your spouse/SO for the username/password for some shared account (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, bank account, etc)? No longer. With a 1Password account, those can now be easily and automatically shared to a common vault. Also worth mentioning is one of my favorite features of any piece of software--it disappears into the background. It just queitly and reliably works in the background with little to no upkeep.

Cons

Honestly, I'm stuggling to think of anything. I work on multiple computers and therefore need things to effortlessly sync between them, and one pain point used to be a sort of fiddly and unreliable sync using Dropbox as a bridge. The syncing is now rock solid (using iCloud, Dropbox, etc.), so is no longer a problem.

I have used 1Password for several years and it is the single best investment that I have ever made.

I can use complex and unique passwords for each of my 400+ accounts that are password protected. I also use the "Secure Notes" function to store things like encryption keys and software license numbers in case I need to retrieve them for any reason. I cannot stress enough how important this product is and the cost is less than a small coffee at many places.

Pros

In this day and age, when I see people using stupid passwords like their kid's birthday it makes me seriously question whether or not I should give them my data. The best password is so complex that it would be impossible to remember and never repeated for any of your accounts. Four years after buying 1Password, I have approximately 400 accounts each with different passwords that nobody is going to guess. The best part of this software is that there are plugins available for most major web browsers (I use Safari and Chrome). When I come to a website where I need to enter a store password, I simply open the plugin by entering my "1 password" and the software populates the website. I heavily rely on the iPhone and iPad apps which seamlessly sync with the software on my computer. The software will even alert you when you haven't changed a password for a period of time. Furthermore, if you change your password on a website, you will be prompted to update the entry in the Software, which it will do automatically upon clicking "update." In 2018, there is no good reason not to be using a password manager. Remember, I have like 400 password protected accounts and if even one of those companies has a data breach, I'd rather the hackers not get into my bank, credit card accounts, retail accounts, streaming services, and all the other accounts I use. Agile Bits is one of the leading developers in this area and 1Password software integrates well with just about anything.

Cons

It's not free. Seriously all joking aside, there is NOTHING bad about this software. My main gripe would be with developers who require a password that do not integrate with this software given how important it is.

Simply brilliant - impossible to live without.

Pros

Since every site really should have it's own password or so we're told by the security experts. Yet I only need ONE single password to make it all work and make it all secure. Who has the time to make AND remember a secure password for every site? Most people have enough trouble remembering both their email and their login password let alone having separate passwords for every account.. Enter 1password. A simple easy and effective way to generate strong and secure passwords that you need to log into a website these days. Hit a new website that requires yet another password? Open 1password, generate a password and voila. It automatically saves the username and password for you. Coming back another day to log in to said site? Hit two buttons, enter your master password and the rest happens for you. 1password automatically enters the username and password that you've saved previously. When two of the best in the IT Security fields including Troy Hunt recommend 1password, you know that it is very secure. Even better is that now 1password connects to haveibeenpwned.com. That way if your password is revealed to the world by way of a breach, you can find out simply, log in and change the password. This is checked against the constantly updated haveibeenpwned.com database (without sending your password). Can't recommend it highly enough!

Cons

1password v6 was hard to for luddites (and those who have little interest in computers but are forced to use them) to use and understand. Unfortunately I've had to abandon a few 1password deployments due to the users not understanding how to use it. With version 7 this looks to be significantly easier and unlikely to still be an issue.

W. Kent from Agrace

I simply cannot fathom my password management without 1Password

Pros

Even though I am a single individual I have amassed a surprisingly large number of online accounts. From banks, credit cards, subscriptions, online retailers, reward cards, etc. You name it. I currently have 270 individual login accounts, and yes, I use the majority of them at least once every month or two. There is no way in hades that I would be able to use unique and long passwords for each one. The password generator is a fantastic utility. I just look at the website's requirements and make the password the maximum length and complexity. Watchtower is great for data breaches that I might not otherwise know about and the "aging" of passwords is helpful to keep my rotation current. Storage of software, licenses, SSN, credit cards and the like is brilliant. I can fill in websites with my current info at one or two clicks. I was not crazy about the subscription change in 1Password 7 but as long as it stays at the current price for those of us who have switched, I think it is a good deal. I hope it never gets too expensive and we have no option but to pay or lose the program. I have been using 1Password since (If I remember correctly, Version 2 and have it on my iPhone and iPad. I cannot say enough good things.

Cons

I wish there was a way to stop a password / pin number being flagged as weak if you have no alternative to the length of the password/pin. Also, I would love a feature that made a smart list of logins that have not been used in a user specified period of time. Such as, "not used in 6 months, not used in 1 year, not used in 2 years.... etc. That way one could begin weeding out accounts set up for one use, and no longer needed. One could go to that site and delete the account so there are not "orphan" accounts lingering in the ether.

Tracy from WishList Products, Inc.

A must have tool for me.

I've been very pleased. They continue to innovate and I rely on their product every day. Now that I've upgraded to the latest Mac OS and I have the family version I can easily keep all of my info up to date easily on all of my devices and share logins with my family when needed. I'm VERY happy.

Pros

I started using this tool over 10 years ago. At the time I was making a transition from Windows to the Mac. I had already been using a password manager for a long time and 1Password seemed to be the best option for the Mac. Over the years I continued to use the standalone plugin on my single computer. I have recently transitioned to the option that keeps all my devices synced and I can't imagine ever going back.

Cons

There were times when I had to get various versions to remain compatible with certain OS changes. Some of the newer versions of the software were not running on older Mac OS versions. The support team was helpful in getting it sorted out.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

The switch was made over 10 years ago. At the time RoboForm was not available for the Mac. It was only available for Windows.

An invaluable password tool

I have had an excellent experience with 1Password. I use the mobile version, the desktop version, and the browser version. It has never been easier to keep track of my passwords and ensure that they are unique and complex.

Pros

This password tool easily allows for switching to complex, random, and unique passwords from the traditional approach of using the same easy-to-remember password everywhere. It also makes it simple to retrieve and populate password fields using browser extensions and sharing entire password libraries with other users is a breeze. It will also warn you when a password has been reused on other sites and when it has been compromised and appears on the web in rainbow tables for use by hackers.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of subscription-based products. Why can't I just purchase the software once and stick with that version until I decide it's time to upgrade? That is the way 1Password used to work, but now they've gone to a subscription model, along with everyone else.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

1Password appeared to have better browser integration.

Incredibly comfortable password manager

1password is an application that offers to be our safe on all sorts of logins, passwords and other private information. Encryption, blocking access with a password and with a fingerprint, help in generating codes of varying length and complexity of our passwords. It's all there. What's more? Easy backup and synchronization with popular clouds. Security, convenience and a multiplatform tool that I can heartily recommend to everyone.

Pros

I've been using 1password only for a week but I love it already. I had no idea how comfortable it is to manage your passwords like this, not to mention security (It was not really safe for me, since i had like 2-3 passwords to all pages before). This software remembers and automatically enters my passwords to web sites and applications on all devices - the only thing I need to worry about is creating and remembering one solid, main password. What's even better - I don't even need this password in the mobile app - my fingerprint lines are enough. This program is able to operate the password generator perfectly, adapting them to the requirements of websites. Apart from the fact that it is convenient, 1password is extremely safe. It also has the ability to audit our secret data. The program checks how long ago I changed my password. Information about the security breach is also monitored, so that I will be able to keep up to date in case my login parameters have leaked and whether they should be updated. What is important, the program also offers a lot of tools that further increase security, including the function of analyzing the strength of the password and the website to which Ilog in (in terms of potential gaps).This software can also, for example, let the user know that a defect has been detected on the site he is logging into, and that it is recommended to change the password.

Cons

Not gonna lie, 1password is quite expensive compared to other password managers. Nevertheless, I think that it is worth paying the price for comfort and safety.

David from Flywheel

Awesome password manager - Highly recommended for all users tech-savvy or not

Recommended for all users tech-savvy or not. You should be recommending password managers to friends, families and businesses to keep your passwords secure and 1Password is one of the best.

Pros

Does one thing great - It looks after your passwords for all your websites! This allows you to create one master strong password to access the 1Password software and then for every site login, you can create a random 64 character plus password which are super secure from brute force and other attacks. The manager also tells you if you have duplicate passwords, how old your passwords are and the "watchtower" feature lets you know if a site/user account may have been hacked and suggests to create a new password (ie. Like the "Have i been pwned" site which you can search your email to see if it has been compromised on a site). Also great for sharing passwords across different teams in an organization, as well as allowing employees to maintain their own separate Personal Vault of passwords in the same application.

Cons

Sometimes in Chrome you need to fully close your browser and/or reinstall the browser extension to get the software working again. Doesn't happen often and generally its likely from Chrome updates, but its only a minor irritant.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

1 Password is more secure, cross platform and has additional features like tracking password age and watchtower to keep track of when a password may have been breached on a site.

Jonathan from Slate Magazine

Industry: Newspapers

Indispensible

Pros

1password makes it as easy as possible to keep track of the passwords I use personally and those I share with my family and colleagues at work. Integrating with any website is inherently difficult but I think they do pretty well, and they're always coming out with improvements.

Cons

It's a bit confusing at times because the process of signing up for every website is different, but I don't think you can really blame 1password for that - in moments of ambiguity they sometimes create duplicate entries, and it's up to the user to cull these entries. I think that's the right strategy, it's better to not lose data, but it can definitely be a bit confusing at times - I convinced my mother-in-law to use this software but it was a bit too much for her to continue with, she now uses bad passwords and tapes post-it notes with her passwords to her screen

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

1password had the simplest UI w/ the fewest reported security issues.

Chris from Ther River Church

The best Password Vault

It does so much more than just store passwords. It can quickly generate new passwords, store specific detailed information and is always there with a click or a touch or face id. Very well built.

Pros

The easy of use of this app is amazing. Great plugins, widgets, add-ons, and apps. Easy to access across all of my devices. Easy to share passwords and organize them all. Goes beyond just passwords. IDs, Bank Accounts, Passports, Membership Numbers, etc.

Cons

The cost any be a bit prohibitive. Especially since I have been using this app for over 5 years when it was once free. Would have been nice to get it free since I have been a long time user and beta tester.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

There have been many times that I have needed a ID, Kids Social Security Number or even my Passport number quickly. 1Password continued to come through in the clutch and have the needed information within seconds. They have always been reliable and 100% secure.

Kevin from Rise Dataworks

Best Password Manager EVER!

It's been so incredibly easy to manage everything from a single platform that's not only functional but practical. I've used other password managers and it's been a challenge. With 1Password, it's just... easy.

Pros

I love the ease and simplicity of this program. There are lots of customizations available for each login and it's easy to get overwhelmed by the opportunities you have with this product. I particularly like that I can safely store social security numbers, credit cards, passports, and more. Even better, some websites share logins and you can set a single login to apply to multiple websites - that alone was worth the switch. What really helped it stand out above the others is Watchtower. A website I frequent was hacked recently and my information was stolen and sold (YAY for scammers!) and I was uncomfortable about using it any further. After a long process of changing all my passwords and usernames, I found Watchtower to be particularly helpful at identify and mitigating password and security issues. Watchtower is an incredible tool and I'm glad that 1Password has it available. As well, this program offers one-time passwords and auto-fills the information for you. I could keep going but I'll stop here :-)

Cons

Ironically... nothing. I wish I could tell you something, but there's nothing I don't like about it so far. Time will tell, but for now, it's easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

I got irritated with constant pop-ups and multiple logins just to use my account. I didn't like how the features were difficult to navigate in the platform.

Jonathan from Bold Artistix

The Hardware-Software Password Solution

Despite their progress toward cloud-based services, we still love 1Password. It's easy to separate personal from business passwords (using vaults) and we're satisfied with the security-it implements TouchID for macOS and iOS. We rest soundly knowing our data is securely encrypted and with the apps we can access our data even without an internet connection (which happens often for us as we travel and work in rural countries).

Pros

My [our] favorite thing about 1Password is that it's hardware-based (as opposed to cloud-only). In our firm, we deal with lots of client passwords that we prefer to have securely handled on our own encrypted servers. 1Password has allowed us to do this and the app is easy to use, works on desktop and mobile, and is frequently updated.

Cons

We least enjoy the fact that 1Password's moving slowly toward being cloud-based. The most recent update of the browser extension now requires a log-in to function. Secondly, through the app experience, we're being asked to upgrade or sign-up for an online service. We've updated more slowly now as a result so we can stay cloud-free for privacy concerns.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

We needed and preferred a password storage solution that stored data locally. FastPass was convenient, but only worked for us when our device had an Internet connection. This was unacceptable. Additionally, many of our clients are wary of using cloud services for privacy reasons, so 1Password was much more attractive.

Rob from Daake

So good you'd recommend it to your mom!

I've been a web developer for 13 years. The insane number of different websites, tools, software licenses, and resources that I have in 1Password would make even the most powerful spreadsheet software blush. 1Password removes all need to index and maintain these items login items. Visit the website, click the icon and away we go.

Pros

Integration. The level to which 1Password has become part of my personal, family and work is a little scary. I keep any and all personal information in there. Passwords, health records, credit cards, private notes. The list could go on.

Cons

The two versions 1Password and 1Password X threw me a little when I bought a new Microsoft Surface and loaded 1Password on it. I started with X before realizing that I wanted to use v7 with the browser plugin. Other than that though the software pays for itself even time I have to log in somewhere.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Long personal experience with the software prior to using it within a professional setting.

Victor from MyWallSt

Industry: Investment Management

The best password manager

1Password is a fantastic tool that will help you to manage your passwords and private data for a very fair price. Having one different password for every website can be a pain but 1Password makes it easier than ever. If you wonder how you'll manage to login into apps & websites on your phone, the mobile app works like a charm and all your data is synchronized in the background.

Pros

1Password gives you an easy and secure way to manage all your credentials. Both Mac and iOS app are fast and stable. I love how you can not only save passwords but also some important data like credit card numbers, bank accounts, software licenses and many more. The 2FA integration is flawless, whenever you need a 2FA code, 1Passwords copies it and also restores your previous clipboard after a few seconds. This is one of the best features for me. Not knowing any of my passwords but being able to sign-in only with FaceID or my fingerprint is an amazing feeling. 1Password is an excellent tool to use at work as well.

Cons

I wish 1Password had a tool to import Dashlane passwords other than using a CVS file. Another feature from Dashlane that I miss is the ability to auto-login as soon as a web page is loaded.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

I got a free 1Password license when starting my new job.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,523 reviews