What are 1Password users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using 1Password software through verified user reviews

1,832 Reviews

1,427

• icon"The integration between 1Password and Have I Been Pwned from Troy Hunt is an excellent addition to an already great product and the Watchtower feature is very useful."
  • icon"It is an excellent password locker app, and the customer service team is very helpful."
  • icon"I love how quickly you can set it up, and that it actively fortifies vulnerabilities. Best password manager out there."
  • icon"I feel skeptical of what would happen if they were to get hacked."
  • icon"I find that at times I get uncomfortable about the software knowing all my information, and there is the possibility of it being hacked, but I think it is a very small risk."
  • icon"People don't trust it yet and they are afraid that if one of their passwords is hacked, everything will be a disaster."

Browse all 1Password Reviews

• Have you used 1Password and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,803 reviews

Tim

Must Have for password management

Burak

Industry: Civil Engineering

Best password manager ever

Pros

In this decade, the use of a password manager is a must for a person to be safe in the digital world. 1Password does this job in a good and affordable way. They provide discounts to students. The app itself has a nice user interface and works across all of my devices (desktop and mobile). Especially with their latest interface updates, it became smoother. I also really like to use its built-in 2FA feature that eliminates switching between apps. When I try to log in to a website it fills in my login credentials first, and then fills in the one-time password within seconds which is a nice experience.

Cons

Customer support could be improved. The only way to contact them is to fill out a ticket form on their support website which I believe is not making it easy to reach them. With the student discount, it is affordable but I don't feel same for the full price.

Nathan

August 2022

Industry leader in password management

I take security seriously but I have 100s of passwords. 1Password is a secure place for me to save and share info securely.

Pros

1Password enables me to keep all my passwords (I'm up to 300+) for my family and work place in one secure place. Sync works flawlessly and the UI is great.

Cons

I wish that I could more easily manage which vault a new password defaults too. I regularly accidentally put passwords in private when I want shared with family.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

1Password had more features and better UI. The paid model gave me confidence the app has a future in development.

August 2022

Used it for a long time before switching to another option

Pros

Well, it was very easy to use. It is compatible with any type of system you might be using. The app interface as well is really good, and easy to use. The vaults systems included are nice.

Cons

I wasn't convinced on going on a Family plan for the whole company. And we are using our phones a lot and the UX/UI on phone is of lower quality on the phone.

Eric

June 2022

Very easy to use password manager

All is good so far. Quite happy with the product

Pros

Easy to use and deploy. Very familiar with this software make it easy to use too.

Cons

Pricing can be lower a bit. Compare with the other product in the market

Reasons for choosing 1Password

familiarity and more compatibility with macOS

Because Myki discontinue its offering

Billy

August 2022

Frictionless and fully integrated password management

It's been a smooth integration and it's now useful daily with zero friction.

Pros

The company is very transparent and have build the product on top of a zero-knowledge model. There were no major breach in the past and 1password offer a good bug bounty program. The integration with every browser is flawless and provide a smooth user experience.

Cons

The only missing feature is to share granular item inside a team. You need to plan your vaults to give you the right level of flexibility without sharing all-to-everyone.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

The security model and philosophy of the company.

Benjamin

Industry: Photography

The Best Password Keeper (and I've tried many)

1password is great for individuals, but when it comes to teams, i keep track of my passwords i share in a spreadsheet. if anyone in my business were to leave, i generate a new password and share that with everyone except with the person that left. it keeps our passwords secure.

Pros

what i enjoy most is that this password keeper can keep all of my passwords synced between all of my devices and secure. I've tried dashlane, keeper, and lastpass and none were as easy to use as 1password

Cons

i don't like that they discontinued their one-time payment app. i bought 1password when it was $1.99 in the app store and had them ever since. the best $2 i ever spent

Reasons for switching to 1Password

I made the switch because 1password was already easy to use and had all of my passwords i needed. with the other password keepers, i had accidentally given my work team access to all of my passwords and didn't know how to revoke them. before anyone knew what happened, i deleted my account, only after trying to contact support. it was a pain trying to work with support from the other companies because it was email-only correspondence. because we're dealing with sensitive passwords, their response time wasn't acceptable. some of these companies didn't even respond to my request.

Best Password Management for Personal & Small Business

Pros

I have been using 1Password for many years and it's a software I will continue using! I appreciate that the team constantly is updating both their stable public versions of their software and allow easy access to their betas. I use 1Password on MacOS and iOS, it's easy for me to keep track of important sensitive information as well.

Cons

I wish that there was a bit more parity between the non-Silicon Chip Mac versions. It's a little confusing with the differences interfaces.

Benjamin

Industry: Government Relations

1Password works great, few complaints

I moved from 1Password to Lastpass because Lastpass just worked more seamlessly with autosaving and autofilling. If I had a Mac, perhaps 1P would've been the better option. I also thought LP made it easier to blend my work, personal, sidegig logins but also organize them into separate folders. Either way, they are both great options and I know I'm nitpicking when trying to distinguish pros and cons between the two.

Pros

I think that 1Password is very good at what it does. The watchtower is a neat feature in particular that monitors for password breaches. I like the overall password strength meter. The family password manager is neat for families that have shared logins. Syncing between devices works well.

Cons

Like I said, I like how 1P shows you your overall password strength rather than just individual password's strengths. It would be cool if watchtower took into account that users may use an easy-to-remember pw on several non-sensitive websites where there's no credit card info or sensitive personal info on file. For example, I think watchtower should weigh vulnerable passwords used on banking websites more heavily than say a news website or fast food account.

Neil

Industry: Printing

August 2022

Excellent, can't recommend highly enough

Excellent, I am still using a one off purchased version and still any issues have been quickly solved by tech support in a reassuring manner. Online help does steer heavily towards the subscription model which can get confusing, I DO have a log in to 1Password website - but I don't have an "Account" as I don't subscribe. However, contacting support gets access to downloads for "my" version - [amongst a load of persuasion to switch to subscription.] BUT I still give it 10/10

Pros

Ease of use, seamless sync, safe passwords are easily generated, stored and entered to websites and software.

Cons

I'd prefer if it had not moved to a subscription model. Of course the developers need income and I like to support them but the margin between occasional paid updates and a monthly subscription is too much.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Recommendation by colleagues (in other businesses) and other SW developers I trust

Stephen M

It Should Be Installed By Default

Overall, this is a kick-ass product! You pay for it though so you expect that level of premium upgrades and security. At $36/yr it's a reasonable expense at about $0.75/week to keep all your data in one place, secured. Again, with all of the ways, they allow you to access your information they really provide the most flexibility possible while keeping your information safe.

Pros

I'm still waiting for the horrible headline - "1Password Hacked". Thankfully, that day hasn't come and hopefully never will. The software is easy to use in either browser extension or full-application mode. I was able to make all of my passwords random 8-16 characters and different for every service I use. I feel much more secure than I did just a few months ago. It's easy to access across many devices once authorized. I have it on my computers, phone, and even watch. It not only allows passwords but some payment information, so that pesky credit card number you can't remember is always at hand.

Cons

Sometimes, I think it has to do with the site's form submission, you are not prompted to save the password you just entered or created. In that case, if it was generated with 1P, you can pretty easily find it in your password list and add the site domain and username. In other cases, where you created the password, 1P does not know it and you do need to manually add it yourself. These scenarios are maybe every 1-in-10 sites you create an account on.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

I personally prefer the look, feel, and layout of 1Password. I have recommended both LastPass and 1Password to friends and family depending on their preferences - as long as their data is safe.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

I tried LastPass for a little while. It seemed a little more confusing to me. I think there were more granular options, maybe, especially for groups, but I just found it a little more cumbersome to use.

August 2022

If you forget Passwords! Buy this software!

Love this app for it's ability to keep my passwords strong, tells me where I have re-used passwords, helps with 1 time password generation, even allows me to add documents securely.

Pros

The ability to use 1Password on all devices, use my Apple Watch to open the app on my Mac, use Face ID or Touch ID to open the app on the iPad & iPhone, makes it extremely easy to use.

Cons

Occasionally 1Password takes over a Web field as it thinks it's a password field.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Had a major problem with synchronization in SPLASHID. Couldn't get all devices to see the same list of passwords. Even paid for the app and couldn't synchronize .

Skyler

5/5, recommend to everyone I meet, especially clients.

I have the business plan that includes a family plan on discount; all employees and family use it. I recommend it to all of my clients as well, as the number one security measure they can/should take.

Pros

1Password has a nice looking and easy to understand interface. It works seamlessly on my computer and mobile phone, really wherever I set it up. Ease of use and top-tier security were the two metrics I was looking for, and this aces both. Much better than LastPass, imho.

Cons

It's not unique to 1Password, but learning to use a password manager can have quite a learning curve no matter who you use. This has been a struggle for my parents, for example. Having used other password managers though, it's hard for me to find fault with this one. It's pretty smooth.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

LastPass was harder to use, the interface isn't as good. They also use more tracking software bundled with their solutions, which hit's performance and makes me a little concerned, given we are primarily about security here and I don't want to be tracked.

September 2022

I mean its alright, overrated if you ask me

It's okay i guess

Pros

It gets the job done when it comes to password management

Cons

It's sometimes a hassle to deal with due to the ui

Travis

June 2022

Inexpensive, Easy to Use Password Manager

1Password was a great solution for us. Prior to implementation, staff where using any number of methods to remember their logins, including using the same logins multiple times and writing their passwords on post-it user their keyboard. Needless to say, this was not a great security system. 1Password has been a blessing. Each user can store their own information in their private vault. You can also create shared vaults for shared items, such as the copier code for a specific department of the WiFi password for staff. You can store more than just logins - there are a number of templates for securing and sharing information securely with your team.

Pros

Every staff member in our organization now have the ability to use a unique, completely randomized password for every login. All they need to remember is their "1Password" to unlock the application and all of their information is stored.

Cons

There are multiple levels of authentication when setting up a new device, which provides great comfort in the cybersecurity realm. Some of our less tech-savvy users sometimes require help getting up and running. We added this to our onboarding process and it take out IT an extra 5 minutes, but allows our staff to simple "use" the application.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Favorable pricing, ease of use, design and UI.

Doran

April 2022

Excellent password manager with other security features as well.

Overall we are very happy with 1Password and will continue to subscribe and recommend it. It's has been updated with new features that I know some of our team has started to utilize like the MFA authenticator and it sounds like it works well. I am very thankful for the personal license they provide for any business licensed user and the ability to share that with my spouse, so we have access to shared passwords. The ability to use the mobile app, browser plug-ins and Windows Desktop app and have them always synced is the best. Our previous solution required a file to be used and sent around to App or other systems. This is a much better product.

Pros

Secure. Easy to implement. Easy to manage users and access. Business subscriptions allows a license for a personal account per user, which you can also share with family. Excellent benefit.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the new look in 1Password for Windows 8.6.1, much prefer the look and function of version 7.9.828. Searching 8.6.x does not work as well as in 7.9.x. When you search in 8.6 it doesn't produce a list of items containing the search term anymore, it goes to the first item that has the search term. There is an "option" at the bottom of the search that says "show all matching items", but I want that to be the default and see no way to make it the default action.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Seemed to be a better product with the features and options we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Needed to be able to control access to passwords, add and remove users, "centrally" located and manage passwords.

Graham

March 2022

1Password is an incredible time saver, all day, every day.

I moved to 1Password a couple of years ago and it makes my much life easier. Security is absolutely necessary but adds time and friction to so much of what we constantly need to do. For me, 1Password takes away so much of that. I rarely take the time to write reviews, unless something is exceedingly good or exceedingly bad. 1Password is exceedingly good, to the extent I regularly notice just how helpful it is. Per day I'd say 1Password saves me at least half an hour. Some days well over that. It's a bit like giving back the dead time spent on daily commuting, and instead lets me get on with what I need to do. An obvious example is quickly logging on to sites and apps, which I think everybody can appreciate and get time back from. However, it can go so much further than that, as it's incredibly adaptable for unique situations. For example, I need to generate SSL certificates for staff and distribute them. I had no expectation a "password manager" would help with this, but with its command-line integration and a bit of scripting, I've been able to automate all of that. Without 1Password, that would take me on average 2 hours a week, or paying a ton of money for specialised software.

Pros

- It's super fast to get into secure sites and apps. Mostly it takes one hotkey and I'm pretty much into anything. It's replaced browser bookmarks for me as it's faster. - It covers logging into pretty much anything, including apps. So far only my bank doesn't play nice, as it requires a physical MFA key. - MFA integration is super slick. I don't need to step out to Google Authenticator, etc. - Seamlessly generating and saving passwords when signing up to new sites. - Easily sharing secure data with other people. - Easily hold sensitive files, like my scanned passport. Even files for an OpenSSL infrastructure. - It's incredibly adaptable with things like command-line integration. - The app is constantly improving.

Cons

- Figuring out what it can do and how to initially use a feature can take time. For example, being able to set it up for apps on laptops is great, but I didn't know it could do that for a long time, and then it took a while to get my head around how to do it.

Why would you use anything else?

Overall our experience has been great. Their support, via both email and Twitter, is top-notch. The UI is modern feeling and easy to navigate. The ability to share those required logins within our company is the most important part of this software, and it's the part that 1Password exceeds at.

Pros

The features and modern UI look of 1Password made this an easy choice. Vault management is a breeze, and setting up groups for each department with those vaults is easy. The built-in QR code scanner to set up MFA is a feature that is invaluable as it ensures an easy way for our employees to use this and make sure their accounts can be as safe as possible.

Cons

There is only one thing that is currently negative for us, and that is that there is no G Workspace integration. There is a SCIM bridge to help bridge between different directories, there is support for MS Active Directory, but there is not get any firm plans for G Workspace integration. While this is currently not deal-breaking, as we grow larger we may need to look at alternatives if this doesn't get on the roadmap.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Lastpass felt dated and it didn't feel like the updates they were making were useful to us or bringing the product up to a modern feel. 1Password was less buggy, has wider support across iOS apps and Web and just felt like a better product to use

Aaron

Fantastic Password Management, but questionable business decisions make it impossible to recommend

This is a difficult question to answer, as up until recently my overall experience with 1Password has been extremely positive. However, as a result of the questionable business decisions listed above, my experience has become increasingly soured. I simply cannot and will not recommend 1Password to anyone at this point.

Pros

1Password is hands down the best password manager on the market. It has an attractive interface, multiple sync options, a flexible password generator, and a plethora of features beyond simple password management - such as secure notes, the ability to store credit card and bank account info. In addition, it is fully cross platform, with clients for the Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and even Linux. Unfortunately, no matter how good 1Password is as a password manager, due to recent changes (see below), these Pros are largely moot.

Cons

AgileBits, the owner of 1Password, has made a number of very questionable decisions over the past couple of months, making it nearly impossible for me to recommend it, despite how good the software maybe. The long and short of it is a little over a year ago, AgileBits accepted a fair amount of venture capital money, and ever since their business model has changed drastically - going from a customer first model, to a profit over all else model. A short list of the questionable and user-hostile changes: • Switching to Electron for future app development (for the record, Electron is a terrible user experience when compared to native apps). • Removing standalone licenses and forcing all users to a subscription/software-as-a-service model. • Forcing all users to store their passwords in the 1Password cloud, vs. previously being able to store your password locally, reducing the security of your passwords. • Removing extremely important features from their clients without warning (specifically the iOS share sheet extension), and then dismissing user's frustrations about said removals. • Completely tone-deaf developers (specifically in the [SENSITIVE CONTENT]), who seem to no longer understand or respect the 1P user base. The development team has become increasingly dismissive of user complaints/concerns of where 1P is heading. • Finally, and most worrisome, AB has actively lied to its user base when claiming a change won't be made, and then making that change (or vice versa).

Reasons for choosing 1Password

I have been using 1Password for the better part of a decade, and have only recently started to look into alternatives. Unfortunately, with the direction 1Password is heading, it is extremely likely that I will be moving onto a new password manager. Given that I am heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, Apple's own password manger (iCloud Keychain) is a very attractive option. In addition, Bitwarden, while not as polished as 1Password, is far better priced with more options, including a self-hosting option, and is fully cross-platform. Minimalist Password Manager is relatively new on the market, but is well designed, with a good road map and very responsive developers - its biggest downside is it is macOS/iOS only. Finally, LastPass and Keeper are expensive and clunky to use.

Tim

Researched and used other, 1Password is the best for me.

I originally set up 1Password with out a lot of research. It was great except I wanted the ability to share individual records without having to create a separate vault for it. This lead me to doing more research when I started my own company and I settled on Keeper. I found that wile I initially thought Keeper was cheaper by the time I bought all the optional peaces it was the same or more expensive than 1Password and much more difficult to use (partial because of having more options). I did extensive searching and testing at this point and finaly went through the effort to switch back to 1Password. Save yourself the trouble, do your research on the front side, and/or just use 1Password, it's great.

Pros

My initial experience with one password comes from setting it up for a small/med. construction company. While security may be most important in a password app. usability is right next to it. A difficult to use app might as well not be rated for security because it won't be used. I found 1Password to be user friendly even with people who are the most unfriendly toward using a computer. After useability: -Shared Vaults (groups of passwords) -Admin power and simplicity -Guest access (in some packages) - this is the ability to share a vault with someone (client) for no additional charge and keep them separate from the rest of the organization (say you need access to some of there resources during a project) -Integration of multiple accounts, I have a personal account (provided with my work account), a work account, and an account from a primary customer. When I sign in to my app I get access to these three authorized accounts with clear but convenient separation. Which comes back to, I use it because it's convinced and secure.

Cons

Read this as, my two feature requests, but if these are critical items for you, then be aware. -Share single items, in 1Password all sharing is done by vault and over all this is a good thing but I'd like to have persons user credentials in a vault for that person but share just that item to a junior IT person. There are work arounds but that would be nice. -Securely receive credentials as a one time event from an outside source. A reminder that the guest vault sharing I described above is outstanding it's overkill when you need to get a set of credentials from a client (or other source) and don't need to keep in in sync. I've seen this from a small solution. It sends a one time access url that is a form. After it is opened and closed it doesn't do anything anymore. If info is entered it creates and entry on my side. These are small things I would like but I still chose 1Password over having those features. If you must have them; Keeper has ability to share groups and individuals records - powerful but a little difficult For the requesting feature look to to EliPass, I found this one feature great but the rest of the platform needs work.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Usability and value (not the cheapest but good price points with great product)

Darryl

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

Pros

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one. Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

Reasons for choosing 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!

Carl-Erik

This is a no-brainer: buy this for your business!

This is the most secure, yet user-friendly, software solution available for password management in the enterprise. Screw LastPass, get thi. I can use it on any browser, I have it on all my phones, it has excellent 2FA abilities (got rid of both Microsoft and Google 2FA authenticators), etc.

Pros

Security and ease of use. So easy and great to administer.

Cons

I like pretty much everything, but for a long time I needed to have 2 1Password extensions installed. Both the "native" version that integrated with the desktop software and the web-only version, but now the web-only version has integration for the optional desktop software, so nowadays I have no complaints.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Poor security. Several breaches.

Kai

Combining great design and great functionality. Easy to stay secure.

Pros

I love the design. The software interface makes it a joy to use. Having the option to create multiple vaults for different areas of your life, and then enable or disable them based on the browser instance you're in is super handy for keeping logins seperate, but in the same account. Another great feature is the in-built two factor authentication. When I log into an application, it fills in the 2FA along with the username and password and saves me a heap of time - without compromising my security. Finally, the biometrics login (using your fingerprint, Face ID, Apple Watch etc.) to login to 1password is super handy. Makes for a quick and simple accessing experience.

Cons

Couple of things. I came from LastPass, which had two features I miss. Firstly, it's hard to share logins in 1password. It sorta forces you to either send a one-use clunky link via text or email, or setup a (paid) shared vault. LastPass just allowed you to invite someone and it would drop into their account. The other thing is saving logins the first time you signup for account, or access an account you haven't saved yet. With LastPass, even after putting in your details, clicking sign up/sign in and landing on the next page of the website, a little popup in the corner would prompt you to Save the login. Super handy. However, with 1password, I have to physically click Save Login on one of the fields as I enter them before I sign in or otherwise it doesn't give me the option to save them. It's a small thing, but was a great, common sense feature that I do miss with 1password.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

LastPass has a really frustrating user interface. It has some great features (some that I miss in 1password) but the overall UI, UX and CX of 1password, the thought that's put into the product design, is what's most important to me. I wasn't even paying for LastPass at the time, but made the switch and brought all my passwords across, and paid for 1password, because the experience is just that much better - at least when I was using LastPass.

Life changing security management

1Password leads the industry when it comes to password management. Beyond just storing login info, 1Password can secure arbitrary files/documents, text data, credit card info, Wi-Fi passwords, driver's licenses, passports, etc. Items can be organized into various vaults, some of which you can choose to share among members of your family or organization (depending on your plan) to easily keep shared passwords available to multiple users. 1Password integrates with just about every conceivable browser, and the extensions do their best to auto-fill login info automatically. Additionally, 1Password can store 2FA token generators for logins. After logging in, it can automatically paste the current code into the 2FA prompt, so it's about as easy as possible to have increased account security. Of course, whenever it copies data to the pasteboard automatically, it will restore the previous contents of the pasteboard shortly thereafter. Overall, I couldn't be happier with 1Password. Yes, I had to go through a months long ordeal of transitioning my messy, insecure logins from Safari over to 1Password, which involved visiting every site and changing my passwords to use unique, randomly-generated secure passwords. But once I finally got everything organized, it has been effortless to keep all my logins, credit card, and even all my cryptocurrency info secured. The browser extensions and iOS integration make it effortless to log in about 95% of the time.

Pros

The Apple first-class citizens approach that 1Password employs means it's an incredibly polished and pleasant user experience on any Apple device, even though it's supported on Windows and Android as well. The design language instills confidence in the quality of the product as well, as does their industry-leading stance on security and data protection. However, the single best feature in my mind is their world class customer support. Seriously, no other product I've ever used has the same level of support that 1Password offers. Whether you email them or tweet at them, you will receive a professional, personalized response extremely quickly, no matter whether you're asking a question or just leaving a compliment. Replies are offered using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, which may seem silly to point out, but when it comes to a product that you're trusting to secure your entire digital life, these factors go a long way to inspire trust that they take their product, business, and customers seriously.

Cons

It's hard to think of cons, honestly. Every con I can think of would usually involve some trivial nit pick which in no way affects the core experience. However, I'll list a few of them anyway. 1Password is a touch too opinionated when it comes to organizing fields, in my opinion. For some item types, 1Password mandates which fields appears, and those fields can't be moved around or deleted outright. If you leave them empty, they won't appear in the standard view, but still, someone OCD like me enjoys being able to exactly move things around. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that there are different restrictions on different platforms. On iOS, you can move some mandatory fields around that you can't on macOS. On Windows, text notes don't render Markdown whereas they do on macOS and iOS. On iOS, there doesn't appear to be a way to link related items, even though you can see already existing linked items if they were added on macOS. Perhaps the biggest actual usability con for most people might be the desktop experience's information architecture. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out where you are. The navigation side bar might be hiding item categories which you have to reveal, or it may be confusing to know at a glance exactly what vault you are currently viewing. Every once in a while, I'll get a little lost in the navigation, which I suspect might be problematic for less tech savvy users.

Alain

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent product for rewarding good password hygiene with easier logins

1Password is great to work with and their support team is responsive and honest. The product works smoothly and meets or exceeds our password management needs.

Pros

I really enjoy using 1Password. It is an integral part of my workflow. My colleagues have adopted it eagerly as well and it makes day to day logins into various systems much easier. As an manager of a team of system administrators across security, cloud, and IT, one of the biggest wins 1Password gives me is a major reduction is password reset help tickets. That alone pays for the product. Combine the user experience and reduction in workload with the awareness aspect of WatchTower and it makes 1Password an obvious choice for me and an easy recommendation for my peers in the industry.

Cons

As someone who has many accounts for the same service for different purposes, the lack of ability for the browser plugin to recognize which account is in the login form for auto-filling is a bit of a nuisance. Fixing this would be a major improvement to my workflow in the day.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Cleaner integration in the desktop across platforms and great mobile support. Overall 1Password is more polished than LastPass.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,803 reviews