What are Dashlane for Business users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dashlane for Business software through verified user reviews

• icon"The integration of Dashlane with iOS devices and the updates made by Apple make this the perfect companion for iOS devices."
  • icon"Absolutely necessary product in the age we live in. Great integration with iOS."
  • icon"Excellent browser integration and ease of strong password creation."
  • icon"Desktop notifications can be annoying at times."
  • icon"Site-specific options (ignore login fields, ignore N&A fields) can't be set for a page, just for a whole site."
  • icon"However, I'm not sure if something went wrong or if there was a problem with the software. Whatever it was it caused me to have to continuously sign in over and over and over."

Browse all Dashlane for Business Reviews

• Have you used Dashlane for Business and would like to share your experience with others?

Tim

Great Product - but a little expensive

Thomas

Lifesaver in daily business transactions. One caveat: Activating Dashlane on iPhone is clunky.

See my Dasjhlane review on Capterra

Pros

It is a very powerful app. If you need a new password, Dashlane is your go-to app. It auto-generates very strong passwords, indicates the strength of the password, stores it very securely to be recalled at will. Dashlane automatically fills in your ID and password as soon as you enter a web page that demands your ID and password. Dashlane takes you through all the clutter and gets you to the landing page (amazingly easily). Dashlane does all the work. Dashlane really helps with problems with accessing a website. For example, I needed to access a state government website that I had accessed successfully many times before but it would not grant me access with Dashlane. I did not have to go through the usual routine of beating myself up for forgetting my password because I knew it was in Dashlane. After speaking with their tech support ("maybe you forgot your password" we will send you a new one in an email). I did not feel like going through that routine so I insisted I was right about my password. Turns out that something was down at their end when I tried to access the site and when that was fixed my original password worked. ) This routine has happened on many tech support calls and saved many cycles of wasted conversation time. Coolness: I scanned down to the end of the page of this review where my name and email is entered automatically by Capterra (verification) and there is my Dashlane icon waiting in each window to be called on.

Cons

I am so happy with Dashlane on my computer I increasingly began to need Dashlane on my iPhone. It may be me, but just accessing Dashlane was very involved and I could not get it to work like I could do with ease on my PC. I have had very polite support from Dashlane, at least three times over the last 6 months but I simply do not get the lack of smoothness of access on the iPhone versus the friction-free access with the app on my PC. I have had Dashlane 4 years and I use it heavily every day except on my iPhone. I am still mad about that. I need my iPhone Dashlane!

Fine for tech-saavy users, not for non-techies

For me personally DL has worked acceptably well, allowed upgrading of my password security, identified security risks and helped guide my responses to them. For some in our organization who are less technically inclined, it is too much work and causes too much confusion to be worthwhile.

Pros

Fairly easy to deploy, works across devices, support for phone app login was a good addition, notifications of security breaches that affect logins, very simple for simple logins. Extra note field for storing security question responses for a site. Separate Secure Notes entry type for confidential text info like account numbers, banking info etc. Ability to share password info between Dashlane Users. Emergency contact person designation who can receive access in the event of long-term non-use (presumably due to incapacitation).

Cons

Difficulty dealing with multi-step logins (e.g. Google) and when multiple user IDs are needed for a site. Autogenerated password issues: 1) sometimes don't get saved when PW update is in a separate dialog, 2) using symbols is binary choice, whereas most sites limit use to specific characters necessitating a copy/paste to Notepad then copy/paste to website PW fields. Site-specific options (ignore login fields, ignore N&A fields) can't be set for a page, just for a whole site. Results in either barrages of pop-up dialogs on order entry screens or no help anywhere on the site. Searching for a PW entry is difficult, seems to be limited to a 'begins with' search for URL or site name.

Reasons for choosing Dashlane for Business

Reviews indicated better app security and stronger features.

Better security of app

August 2022

Good choice for larger companies

Pros

We decided to use Dashlane for our whole team. It became a necessity to find a good password management software once we reached 70 people, and more. It is quite hard to set up everything but once you are used to it, you realize it's really a great tool. We have teams which each have their own vault. And each employee can also create their own.

Cons

It is quite expensive and there are a lot of other options out there, but this one is the best for us right now.

September 2022

Protection101

Really enjoyed using this platform, the simplicity and security & automaton levels are simply awesome.

Pros

It can be installed on most devices. I no longer need to do guess work, keep unsecured notes and continually login to accounts.

Cons

The user interface is not that eye catching and the price tag is a little too high but overall a great software to secure login info.

Phyllis

July 2022

Outstanding features as to why I would recommend Dashlane.

With the increased amount of 'hacking' that has been happening and the need for better security on all things being done on the internet, I feel much safer using Dashlane as it provides the type of services that give you peace of mind.

Pros

The integration to our business was seamless. It also made it less stressful in attempting to 'make up' passwords for all the various state, federal and medical service sites that are used on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Cons

Sometimes, the program would autofill in areas where the information provided wasn't needed. However, that is a small problem in comparison to the many positive features it has.

Omar Eduardo

Make safe passwords, across all of your devices!

I am very pleased with the overall functionality of this app. I would recommend it to a friend or business if they are on the market for a password manager. Setting it up and using it is a breeze. I have been a paying customer for three years now, and I won't be switching out of it anytime soon. I believe Dashlane is the best password manager on the market right now.

Pros

I like having a password manager that syncs all of your passwords across your devices. I use it on my Mac laptop, work computer and mobile phone and it works like a charm. On iOS, they recently added support to autocomplete password entries with any app or web log-in form. This works great most of the time, and it helps you quickly sign-in. I've had to contact support for a billing issue I had, and they solved it quickly and to my full satisfaction.

Cons

Sometimes, after adding or changing a password on desktop, syncing the data to the mobile phone takes time. It's usually only 1 to 2 minutes, but sometimes this delays affects the usability of the program. Dashlane recently replaced the desktop version for a browser extension. This is slower than using the desktop app because I now need to open the browser. Some websites or applications don't support Dashlane's password autocomplete mode. This is a problem with the app developers and not Dashlane's fault, but still, it can get annoying sometimes.

Jan

Industry: Restaurants

Unimaginably superior

My overall experience is simply great. It has a built in VPN which i really like and is extremely easy to set up. another huge deal maker for mee is the dark web monitoring built in(which isn't the best because haveIbeenpawned is a website where you can check this for free).

Pros

The biggest pro of all is definitely the ease of use, it is so good that while writing this review, I just realized I never had to call up customer support because of how easy it is to use.

Cons

I have no major issues with this product except for that it is just simply quite expensive for its services

Reasons for choosing Dashlane for Business

Dashlane has ALL these other apps built-in to it's one application for way cheaper!

CHRISTOS

Robust Password Manager

Dashlane is one of the best Password Managers out there. Both the personal and the business accounts work very well and they offer the kind of security you'd expect from such a platform. Overall I suggest to try it.

Pros

The chrome extension is very easy to use and adds a lot of functionality.

Cons

At an admin level, it can get a bit complicated to manage access and transfer of password.

Reasons for choosing Dashlane for Business

I used both products for a period of 6 months to decide which one works for me and my business

Bobby

Industry: Mental Health Care

An outstanding password manager

Pros

I have used several password managers over the last decade and Dashlane is the best by far. The UI is attractive and it boasts tons of useful features. My favorite part is the VPN that comes included with a paid subscription. The mobile app is the best password manager app, too. It works flawlessly to fill in my passwords, personal information, and payment information.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Dashlane.

Reasons for switching to Dashlane for Business

The mobile app for LastPass was annoying. The overlay would appear on every single user entry box (not just user name/password) on every website and it made navigating the web difficult.

Jami

August 2022

Life-changing Password Database

Pros

I don’t know where I’d be without Dashlane. It keeps track of all of my business and personal passwords in a secure place. We can share login info with other colleagues in a secure way through Dashlane. I feel so comfortable knowing everything is stored in one secure place.

Cons

If anything I’d have to say the Dashlane app on MAC was disabled or something so I have to go to the website to login. Not a huge deal though.

Therese

September 2022

An important tool!

Pros

I feel like it's a reliable option to generate and save logins

Cons

I wish it would allow me to stay logged in for more than 14 days.

Alexa

Keeps my passwords secure without me having to try very hard

I was starting to become more concerned about privacy but didn't know where to begin. I literally kept my passwords in a note on my computer and reused them all the time...very bad behavior. It took a bit to get it set up properly and import & update all of my unsafe passwords, but once I got everything set up it has been a dream. Syncing passwords across all my devices saves me so much time and effort.

Pros

I like that it helped whip me into shape with my bad password habits, calling me out on the repeats and insecure ones. It lets you paste & sync across devices with the paid version which is a total lifesaver. I've tried the sharing version too and it's the only password manager I have been able to get work for sharing. Not having to type or remember passwords is so helpful and it makes me feel far more secure that my passwords aren't too short, repeated everywhere, or left in an easily accessible note. It cured a lot of my bad security behaviors.

Cons

It can be a bit glitchy sometimes, and a bit in your face asking to save things like credit card numbers and other autofill details. Sometimes it doesn't save a password or gets wonky and logs me out, or otherwise acts up. Some websites I have in keychain still show up, so it can be annoying trying to pick the Dashlane box with the keychain one over it--that's probably my fault and I just don't know how to disable keychain now.... I referred Dashlane to my boyfriend so I could share passwords, who is far less techy than me and spends a lot less time on the web, and he did not like it as much. He complained a lot about needing to pay for more passwords and syncing, and that the pop-ups drove him nuts. I was all-in when I started using it, so I guess that made a difference. If you aren't willing to do the initial setup work to get it set up right, you might not like it as much. Once it is set up it is great, but you have to get everything in there properly first.

Reasons for choosing Dashlane for Business

I tried to use LastPass for a client that needed to share a password with me and it never worked. I gave up and kept using Dashlane.

Miguel

Industry: Environmental Services

Meets our needs!

Our overall experience is satisfactory. We know there is no perfect system out there but Dashlane vs the competition has the upper edge and have really thought things through. I do hope they continue to innovate and improve different features.

Pros

Our organization has the Business Account with Dashlane and we love the control features that come with that. It's nice being able to control user account in the case that an employee leaves. We also like that a VPN option is available. Below are other pro's of using dashlane - Love it's security features and multi-factor identification. - Synchs with top web browsers - Can create a business and personal passwords. In the case you leave, you can keep your personal passwords with you. - Ability to check password health and identity checks to see if your passwords have been compromised - Great for sharing passwords with other users and giving them controls when needed - Pricing is very competitive and the best I would say (for all the features you can get)

Cons

Below are our cons with the program - For VPN users, you have to manually activate the VPN anytime you want use it. But thats like 99% of other companies out there that offer VPN. - Can be glitchy at times, but less and less with time i have noticed. Maybe 1/70 times theres a subtle glitch but nothing too crazy. - The interface application could look more modern and have better viewing formats for passwords.

Reasons for switching to Dashlane for Business

Main reason, Dashlane offered a few more features, in particular VPN capability.

Great tool to keep your passwords secure at one place

Pros

This tool works great when you are dealing with lots of passwords on a daily basis. It comes to a point where remembering all passwords you need to use every day becomes an impossible task. Noting them down on a document on your computer or on a post-it is definitely not the most secure solution and here's where Dashlane comes to save the day. You now only need to remember one password that will unlock all the other passwords that you save on Dashlane. Once you have it open and running on your computer, it will help you auto-login as long as the password has been already saved there which means you don't even have to type anything. The tool does not only serve as a password storage but can also help you with generating new strong ones when you need to create new ones. As well as passwords, the tool also works with credit cards and with forms, so that you don't have to fill those details anymore, which can become a very tedious task. You can update the stored information at any point as needed.

Cons

There are times when you have more than one credential for a given site and the tool might automatically sign you in with one of them that might not be the one you needed at that moment. Specifically, I'm thinking test users on development tools. Also, on given sites where there are fields to enter, the tool really does not know what they are for and tries to fill them in with the option it thinks is best, but that might not be the case. As an example, I'm referring to fields that serve as filters for a given list. Having something entered there is not ideal as you may not need to filter anything but the tool keeps trying to fill the field anyways, even when you keep deleting whatever Dashlane entered there.

Reliable password manager with secure notes and sharing

Pros

Dashlane is a well-established and trustworthy password manager. It comes with convenient browser integration allowing to generate & save passwords of new accounts, as well as automatically logging-into existing ones. Other form fields are also filled based on your personal information. Password security relies on a 'master' password, and optional two-factor authentication. Data is synchronized easily between devices (except on the free plan), with an encrypted backup stored on Dashlane's servers. Beyond passwords, Dashlane can store all kinds of sensitive information such as identity documents, means of payment, bank accounts, software licenses, and other notes. It is possible to share an account password with another Dashlane user, or even set an 'emergency contact' which may receive access to your passwords if requested, and after a delay without action on your part. Among the newer features, the 'Identity Dashboard' summarizes password security, including insights on which accounts may be at risk due to security breaches. Related or reused passwords are highlighted for renewal.

Cons

The autofill features sometimes have trouble detecting which field should receive which info, in which case the entry must be fixed manually. On macOS (at least), the client often needs to be started again after rebooting the computer, otherwise no window would show.

Jason

Awesome Password Manager

Really happy about Dashlane, I use it dozens of times a day on my Desktop as well as mobile devices. It is my "Go To" password manager and as previously mentioned I strongly recommend it to all of my clients.

Pros

I've been using Dashlane for over 5 years. It is super simple to use and automated. I love the fact that it will autogenerate long, alpha-numeric passwords and automatically save and autofill when logging into websites. I recommend Dashlane to all of my clients so we can easily share a password when needed (for example setting up SAAS, websites, email, etc)

Cons

When using the "Emergency Access" feature the list isn't sorted alphabetically for some reason. Very rarely use this option so it's not really a big deal.

Reasons for choosing Dashlane for Business

Ease of use at an attractive price point.

YagneshKumar

Dashlane Password Manager

The benefits for using Dashlane are just amazing the fact that all my passwords are stored in a secure fault that only i can get access to via a master password is amazing. Dashlane has password changes that notifies me if the passwords my are old and needs to be changed, with a single click it changes all password across all websites and sync with all devices. Moreover, Dashlane has very easy to ready UI and the features are straightforward to use nothing is confusing when using dashlane. I would highly recommend users to use dashlane for business which is completely free to try out and no CC required.

Pros

Dashlane is an amazing password manager that i use at my workplace, we have a login into a lot if web applications that require a strong password, so using dashlane i can log-in via a a single click. what i really like about dashlane is that is they a one month free trial to use, and thereafter an yearly subscription. Moreover, dashlane installing process is very quick, it supports all browsers as well as Edge, with the new update recently. Secondly, it requires a master password once you log into the application. Third, dashlane can stored credit cards, notes, receipts, and personal info so it is easier to use when going to websites, logging in, and making purchases. Lastly, dashlane offer quick customer support for any questions or comments, their customer reps are quit knowledgeable in the product and can assist with any issues right away.

Tim

April 2022

Decent password management for the average user

I found the usage within my organisation somewhat spotty. It was widely adopted but disliked by the technical staff who wanted to use a more secure solution. It was widely used by most technologically literate staff. However the staff who did not have much knowledge of computer use had a poor adoption rate. I can only imagine that this lowered the effectiveness of password management for these users.

Pros

It was a decent piece of software for the average user. They adopted it and found its use improved their workflow - particularly on websites in which the chrome plugin worked effectively. I found that it provided a decent tool for managing my work passwords at the time and i eventually used the free dashlane tool at home before moving onto a solution that I personally preferred. It provided a good mix of convenience and security.

Cons

The company i worked for at the time used a premium account (for business) however switched to a different solution. Because i was not part of the decision to switch I cannot exactly explain why this was the case. Once I was using the free version after the premium ran out I found that this software was a good example of 'nagware'. It kept constantly asking me to go back to premium usage. I understand the company has to make money and convert free users to premium users but i found it too obtrusive and migrated all of my passwords over to a new solution. The software has a tradeoff between security and convenience with online password storage. Useful for the average user's passwords, but critical passwords should be stored offline.

Lauren

Approachable and user-friendly

Pros

Dashlane is so easy to use! It lives as an icon in your browser bar and is always running, prompting you to update info or add new credentials as it notices you enter new information. Once you are logged in, you STAY logged in for days at a time, which is a feature I can't say enough good things about (and one of my major gripes with another similar password management program). It is so annoying if you have to continually log in with a (necessarily complex) master password just to get access to your other passwords. But Dashlane doesn't have that issue. It also has a user-friendly iPhone app.

Cons

My only small gripe was that the autofill was SO good that it would sometimes log me in to websites automatically before I had a chance to confirm which login info I wanted to use (at times I have multiple logins for the same site, both for work and personal use). But that may not be an issue with Dashlane and instead could be something with those websites, I'm not sure. If it is an issue on Dashlane's end, I would suggest not autofilling right away but rather allowing a dropdown in the first input box (i.e., user name field) if there are multiple saved logins. And/or don't automatically run the "enter" command after filling things in (this also becomes an issue if a credit card has some updated information, like an expiration date). Instead, you can autofill everything and then let the user (me) click "enter" once I've confirmed everything is good to go.

Timothy

The best among the competition

I love this product and use it daily. If you aren't using a product like Dashlane or 1Password, you've likely already had your login stolen. If you're using the same logins for multiple sites, your identity is in the hands of someone else already, and potentially your credit card info.

Pros

- Absolutely necessary product in the age we live in! - Great integration with iOS! (recent update) - Works great across platforms, including all browsers - Lets you know when a site you use has been compromised - Lets you automatically change passwords with 1 click (sort of) - Safely manages your credit card info, and autofills shipping details - Includes a notes area where you can securely save important notes/details

Cons

- The one-click password changer works for some sites, but I end up needing to do it manually most of the time - Sometimes (especially on mac) it doesn't always recognize that a login field is active, forcing me to refresh the page, or open the Mac app to activate the chrome extension, etc. This is a random bug an I'm not sure what is causing it. For the most part, though, it works well. - I wish it included a file storage section, although you can use Mega.nz for encrypted storing of files if you need that.

Goran

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A good password manager

I used Dashlane to safely store all of my work related passwords, and it did its job well. I loved how I went from having to remember a huge number of passwords to filling in login forms with a click of a button on any device I had access to. All in all, I can highly recommend Dashlane, especially if you want a basic VPN to go with your password security.

Pros

I liked that it had presence on all of the devices I use. I had it installed on a Windows device, on two phones (one Android and one iOS). It was easy to use as well.

Cons

I felt like the VPN that is bundled in the price is not needed and like I was paying for something I did not really want or need.

Reasons for choosing Dashlane for Business

Nord Security (together with Nord VPN) always has that annoying offer where they tell you you can get their VPN or Password Security suite for just 1.99 and then it turns out that it is true, but only if you buy it for a 2 year period. I dislike subscriptions that do this and much rather prefer their competition.

Brad

Industry: Restaurants

Generally Good password manager w/ some flaws

When you're running a small business you naturally use A LOT of different softwares. As a result it can be a challenge to remember how to access each of them all and keep them secure. Dashlane makes this relatively easy. One huge benefit I've found from using Dashlane is that when you are a small startup, you can't afford to pay expensive per user up-sells that many Saas products charge. And often there is no definitive benefit for having multiple users. So the ability to share passwords with my partners saves us money and makes it easy to organize and share our passwords. Dashlane also makes it easy to onboard new employees, as all of our software we use is all in one place. So you can browse through each piece of software upon on-boarding and determine the relevant platforms a new employee needs to be on-boarded to.

Pros

Dashlane makes it pretty easy to save and share passwords for later and with co-workers. I like that they give the option to download a mac/windows app to easily go in and see/use your passwords. It's also helpful to be able to have a central location to manage all passwords. And price point is much better than many of the other password managers that are way overpriced.

Cons

The Layout/overall user experience of Dashlane isn't my favorite. It can be hard to understand how passwords are shared and I often didn't share correctly or how I wanted to. And viewing your passwords isn't as intuitive/easy to organize as other password managers I've used, but Dashlane's about the best I've found for the value.

Greg

Great product with lots of features

Dashlane is an amazing choice for password management for teams.

Pros

This is a full featured password management tool. The UI and admin tools that come with it make managing it for the team very easy. Having the funtionality to share a password with other team member without exposing your actual password is a top tier feature we utilize all the time.

Cons

The cost can be a bit pricey, but has more features than many of the other apps out there. My other biggest complaint is that the dashlane popup will sometimes popup in forms and block filling out boxes.

Definitely a helpful, important tool to have

Every now and then it might be a bit buggy but overall I am happy with Dashlane and they provide a service that is a must-have for all of us in the world of the internet.

Pros

- I really like the password health functionality they have where they notify you of passwords that might be compromised (ie. after the discovery of a security bug in Spotify) as well as passwords that are weak and/or repeated often. As you fix the issues, your PW health improves and an account admin can also monitor the pw health of the whole team. - Their support team really tries to help. - The software now also knows my address details and such which makes online shopping much more seamless.

Cons

It's a shame that they are discontinuing the Dashlane app you could have on your computer and it will solely be a browser extension. However, I understand why they do this as in the past I've used the computer app to change lots of passwords (in an attempt to fix my pw health score) however there was an issue when trying to sync between the app and the browser extension (and mobile app). While their customer support was helpful unfortunately all the changed pws were lost to me and I had to start all over.

Dashlane for Business