• Pros

• "The windows support is easy to use and the price is very reasonable."

• "Once installed we do not need to worry about possible breaches etc. Easy to get overview through the dashboard."

• "I felt it was a nice ease of use but it did not feel as intuitive for the capabilities that it can achieve with the potential we have within state of the art programming."

• Cons

• "So far haven't see something that didn't like except some patches which still fighting to install."

• "It mentions that there are missing updates on computers when windows shows all updates as installed. Pushing patches to computers rarely works and is often stuck."

• "I start the computer and am immediately informed it must reboot. This is not a move in a positive direction: aside from being annoying, it is almost intrusive, and is very poorly timed."

Browse Avast Business Patch Management Reviews

Todor from A. Tsokkos Hotels Public Limited

Very reliable

Pros

Easy to use, good platform and nice applications.

Reasons for Switching to Avast Business Patch Management

Heavy and annoying.

Matthew from ATTRAVERSIAMO! CUSTOM LUXURY TRAVEL INC.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A Good Concept

Overall, the software is helpful, and I will continue to use it, but it would certainly benefit in some refinements surrounding its execution of its tasks.

Pros

Patch management software was easy to install and set up. Similarly, it is quite effective at identifying patches that are missing from my workstation.

Cons

Deploying patches can sometimes be awkward: the system would benefit from more active prompts as to the progress of the download/installation, upcoming restart needed to continue, and whether remaining patches will be installed after the restart. The absence of this "live progress" data can make the update process confusing, as it sometimes appears the process has stalled. A new development, which I find quite annoying, is a pop-up window informing me that a restart of my system is needed to complete patch installations, once per day, almost every time I have started my computer. I start the computer and am immediately informed it must reboot. This is not a move in a positive direction: aside from being annoying, it is almost intrusive, and is very poorly timed.

Reasons for Choosing Avast Business Patch Management

I chose Avast Business Patch Management without comparing other products. I have long been a user of Avast security products on my personal computers; I believe wholly in its efficacy; and I am loyal to businesses that provide effective solutions.

Response from Avast

Replied March 2021

Hi Matthew. Thank you for your feedback and for the suggestion. To formally submit a new idea to our developers, please click the "+ Submit idea" button at the top right of our product board page here: https://portal.productboard.com/afb/1-avast-business-hub/tabs/1-roadmap/submit-idea.

shrif from MonzoOO

Avast is totaly amazing software

this software solve all problems related to virus it helps me to have a good pc without any delays and harmful virus that affect my pc

Pros

it's easy to use, it was helping me in many situations, what I like most about avast is detecting 95% of virus that very harmful to my pc

Cons

what i like least about this software is it taking a while for scanning my pc

Could be much better

Mixed bag - I can't rely on it with confidence at the end of the day to manage the computers that I need to manage.

Pros

It's integrated with the Avast Anti-virus console

Cons

- It mentions that there are missing updates on computers when windows shows all updates as installed - pushing patches to computers rarely works and is often stuck

Reasons for Choosing Avast Business Patch Management

integration with the antivirus product but I am starting to regret that

Andrew from Norcal Business and Tax Services

Good for the price

I feel it is good for the price. I enjoyed the mobile interface where you can subscribe to emails that will update you when you're away from the office. If it had a built-in RDP protection and application that would streamline with the VPN that have asked offers then it would be ideal. The patch management

Pros

Cons

I did not like the fact that it does not tie a remote protocol within the program but makes you pay several hundred per year to use their own protocol. This should simply protect your RDP that is already built into windows. It doesn't have a hub like Omni but I am sure this is due to the fact that most businesses have a hardware firewall. I feel a hub with top it off as far as quality functionality and state of the art technology. The hub could work as a separate accessing point rather than using a machine to facilitate processes within or outside of the network. The patch management doesn't update Windows and it's entirety so you still have to keep up to date with Windows updates. This s*** integrate both within it. Also having a description of what the patch does for you ie. Fixing an exploit or adding a feature etc

Reasons for Choosing Avast Business Patch Management

I used vest for mobile antivirus and vpns and have its antivirus and cleaner on many devices including android, iphone, windows and Macbook

Martin from SIPA

Industry: Capital Markets

Peace of mind for my organisation

Pros

One size fits all. Once installed we do not need to worry about possible breaches etc. Easy to get overview through the dashboard.

Cons

Patch management is not quite up to speed, and i am getting many repeat error messages. Restart required should be able to be scheduled, and not always forced upon the users.

Response from Avast

Replied March 2021

Hi Martin, Thank you for your feedback! "We need more information about these error messages to better be able to assist. Please contact our technical support team so that we may further troubleshoot this issue and the forced restarts issue as well. We are here to help. The link to contact our support team can be found here: https://www.avast.com/en-us/business/support For the scheduling restarts bit, thank you for your suggestions. To formally submit a new idea to our developers, please click the ""+ Submit idea"" button at the top right of our product board page here: https://portal.productboard.com/afb/1-avast-business-hub/tabs/1-roadmap/submit-idea."

Jordan from BSB SOUND LTD

Absolute Godsend - The software you didn't know you needed.

Having a centralised system for patch and virus management means I am happier with knowing our computers are protected.

Pros

This is one of the most important pieces of software we deploy to our windows server and workstations. It is so easy to use and means our systems are always patched which reduces the risk of exploitation. It is important for auditing purposes that this is automated for us, its one less thing to worry about, and the fact it is centrally managed is fantastic.

Cons

I would like to be able to schedule restarts for at night.

Response from Avast

Replied March 2021

Hi Jordan, Thank you for your suggestion. To formally submit a new idea to our developers, please click the "+ Submit idea" button at the top right of our product board page here: https://portal.productboard.com/afb/1-avast-business-hub/tabs/1-roadmap/submit-idea.

Pete from CI

Generally very pleased with Avast Business Patch Management

Very positive in general. A little tweaking and without too much intervention on a daily basis, patch management is allowing my team to deal with real issues rather than updating software.

Pros

As the company grows with more and more remote users across 2 continents, we have begun to use Avast Patch Management more and more to 1) ensure and prove compliance with regulatory bodies and 2) make deploying updates to a wide variety of apps much easier.

Cons

Some of the default settings we a little on the strict side for us, especially with rebooting machines after updates were installed - but this was easily rectified.

Zack from real estate

Business Patch Management

Pros

I support a local real estate office's PC's remotely, and Avast Business patch management has enabled me to update all PCs and maintain protection since installation.

Cons

I have not encountered any drawbacks yet.

Anders from Setpoint Automation AB

Industry: Industrial Automation

review Avast Business Patch Managament

See above

Pros

Avast Business giv a nice overview. The Patch Mangament, if it reports correctly, that should be it.

Cons

At the dashboard right now I can read 28 patches missing (5 critical and 23 severity none). If I look at the page for Patches it reports nothing is missing. I have tryed to get input from you in order to understand it/use it correctly. Howeever I am still at square 1. They helped me to get it partly to work, or report correctly but like it is now it will not be implemented in our company totally (that was my intention)

Chris from Burke's Main Street Pharmacy

Avast

Positive. Not looking for replacement.

Pros

Easy of use. Ability to manage remotely. Notifications. Allows me to monitor my whole system from anywhere.

Cons

Firewall is incompatible with some functionality of our PMS.

Christian from Tegos

Saves our Business

Pros

Easy to use, central administration, full language support,

Cons

Many disconnects at the administration site.

Nichole from RidgeCrest Herbals

Easy to use and manage

Pros

Avast is easy to use and manage when it comes to applying updates or installing the program on team devices. It rarely has any hiccups and seems to keep things protected well.

Cons

There's some difficulty in knowing how to add-on software to already purchased programs. It isn't clear what works with iOS vs Windows.

History of personal use.

Jeremy from PDCFlow

Windows is awesome...MAc support?

Pros

The windows support is easy to use and the price is very reasonable .

Cons

The lack of Mac support is very frustrating. This seems like a no brainer to add. We are a Mac shop and the support is not good.

Reasons for Choosing Avast Business Patch Management

Liked the patch management with AV it makes a lot of sense. Especially with the new cloud management platform.

bill from Townsend Machine

Industry: Machinery

Patch Management

was hard to work thru until you know were things are and how to use them. still trying to get the scheduler to work

Pros

I could see and deploy the up dates all from one computer anywhere.

Cons

It is not that user friendly and it was not explain that well on how to use

Reasons for Choosing Avast Business Patch Management

we have the Antivirus pro so it just made cents to have it all together

Sarthak from Healthcare

Avast business patch management

Pros

UI, UX, and alerts , immediate monitoring of the devices

Cons

I am still exploring the product and so far could not find any flaws

Ido E. from Viz.ai, Inc.

Bad, non-functioning, not GA-ready feature sold as a product

Pros

Nothing to like it doesn't work. All reports are false and it doesn't do anything.

Cons

Everything - it simply doesn't do anything - waste of time and money