Browse Smallpdf Reviews

Peter from Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2A

A wide range of tools on a website that is more attractive than peers

An attractive website that offers simple PDF tools I need to do my work.

Pros

I love the wide variety of PDF tools the website offers, including conversions, cropping, merging, and splitting. I have used many different peer websites and think that Small pdf has the most attractive-looking website.

Cons

I think that the paid version is more expensive than peers. I wish more free tool uses were allowed before switching to the paid version.

Reasons for Switching to Smallpdf

Smallpdf had a more attractive website and the PDF tools seemed easier to use.

SUCH a great, inexpensive investment that is worth every penny

We first needed a program that would convert a PDF to a Word document, and Adobe Acrobat was OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. I started looking into other options, and stumbled upon SmallPDF. We soon decided to purchase the PRO version because I ended up using it for so many things that it was worth it for us to make the small investment to go PRO. Now we use to combine multiple Word documents into one, huge PDF, to sign documents electronically, to ask others to sign a document electronically, to compress PDFs, to edit them, to add text to them, etc. It is simply a handy tool for anyone who works with PDFs, which I'm guessing is the majority of businesses and organizations. I couldn't recommend this product more.

Pros

There is so much I love about this software. It's so easy to use. It is laid out so simply, anyone can figure it out. Every time I have a problem with a PDF, I look to see if SmallPDF has a solution to it, and 9 times out of 10, they do. The purchase price is so small, and just worth every penny. The online signatures work great. It downloads documents quickly. It works GREAT at compressing PDFs. It even has the ability to unlock PDFs, lock them, and convert JPGs. It is such a useful tool. There is also a lot you can do with the free version, which I really appreciate.

Cons

I can't thin of a single thing. I truly appreciate this software and all of its capabilities. It has a solution for most of the problems that I have with PDFs, and I can't even think of the very rare times where it didn't offer a solution to my problem.

Reasons for Switching to Smallpdf

Adobe Acrobat was SO expensive, and we could only have it on one computer, or we'd have to pay for more licenses. It just wasn't worth it, and SmallPDF offered a much better solution at a much more inexpensive price.

Anna from UCC

Industry: Environmental Services

Great free alternative to Adobe Pro

So far I've successfully used Smallpdf for 2 years in the place of purchasing Adobe.

Pros

I like that you don't need to download the software. The interface is clean and simple.

Cons

I'm happy with the software as it is currently.

Kareena from Ryerson University

December 2021

I love this to use for my pdfs

Pros

Smallpdf has made it so much easier for me to merge pdfs, crop pdfs and convert pdfs. Smallpdfs offers everything you need for a pdf software.

Cons

Sometimes when the pdf is converted, the formatting of the original document is altered.

DIAF from Université mentouri Constantine 1

Logiciel professionnel pour traiter vos documents PDF et les convertir

une expérience passable

Pros

SmallPdf. j'ai commencé à travailler avec ce logiciel depuis plusieurs année, comme vous savez la recherche scientifique nécessite largement ces outils techniques pour convertir les documents en version PDF, WORD ou images et les réutiliser. en effet, j'ai apprécié l'utilisation de ce logiciel en mode gratuit , donc je donne mon avis sur la version gratuite parce que la version payante (les abonnements) y'avait forcément d’autres options. le logiciel est très pratique, vous télécharger vos document facilement et le temps de conversion très rapide et vous aurez directement votre document téléchargé ce que j'ai apprécié dans ce logiciel qu'il garde la forme de document, par exemple de PDF en Word , la format du texte est protégé et y'vais des décalages dans le texte

Cons

La seule chose que je n'ai apprécié beaucoup avec small pdf en version gratuite c'est la limite de documents convertis par jour, vous avez le droit à deux documents à convertir par jour uniquement, ce qui n'est pas le cas avec d'autres logiciels

Reasons for Switching to Smallpdf

illimité des document à convertir par jour

Mohammed from Flytxt BV

Simple Solution for PDF Conversion

Pros

- Simple & Convenient to use - Click & Drag option available - Fast conversion and download - No restrictions on size of document - PDF can be converted to multiple formats

Cons

Scanned PDF documents are not easily convertible. Daily limit applies for the conversion. Not completely free.

Antonio from Rexar Store

Great software for people who use PDF documents

Pros

I like its ease of use, you immediately understand how to edit a PDF.

Cons

You can not edit too many pages at a time because otherwise errors can occur.

Xiaoming from CCF

December 2021

It is a truly amazing software.

Pros

I love the wide variety of PDF tools which are available in Smallpdf, including editing, converting, merging, and splitting, etc.

Cons

I cannot edit password protected pdf. I need to remove password and then upload.

Serena from -

December 2021

Quick, easy, online, and necessary

Pros

SmallPDF it's a really easy-to-use app. For me, the most important is that you don't need to download anything, and you can use it even on you smartphone browser. I'm a designer, so I live dealing with PDF files, on my computer and smartphone. Sometimes, when I forgot something, or need to edit it fast, I prefer doing it in Small PDF, instead to open the whole Illustrator document that slows my weak computer.

Cons

Since I started using it I didn't find any cons.

Wasiullah from Zones LLC

Smallpdf: The best pdf editor

I love using smallpdf and it is my favorite software for editing pdfs.

Pros

I love the different pdf editing features that are offered by smallpdf. You can edit pdfs, convert pdf to word document, merge pdfs, compress pdfs and also e-sign pdfs.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about smallpdf. It is an amazing tool that is quite handy.

Nesrin from Old Herbs Company Ltd.

Industry: Wholesale

Hatte einiges getestet

Ich war vom Support mega überrascht. Habe selten so ein schnelles feedback bekommen, zudem flexibel und human. TOP. Die Seite funktioniert super praktisch und unkompliziert. Habe wirklich einiges verglichen vorher - auch die teure Konkurrenz von Adobe endgeldlich getestet, fand aber das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis bei small pdf weitaus besser. Viele Anbieter sehe ich als beabsichtigt einschränkend, für jeden pups muss man zusätzlich was buchen. Verstehe dass Geschäfte so funktionieren, dennoch bin ich persönlich ein Freund von nachhaltigem Miteinander. Dieser Eindruck geht nunmal ein niemandem vorbei. Small pdf fand ich im Angebot Allüren-los was ich wirklich sehr erfrischend finde in der heutigen Zeit. Bitte entwickelt euch mit der selben Haltung weiter! Ich komme beim nächsten Projekt sicher wieder auf den Service zurück.

Pros

Super unkompliziert gestaltet. Oberfläche versteht wirklich jeder und es gab keine Funktion, welche ich vermisst hätte.

Cons

Bei mir hat alles gut funktioniert und ich hatte keine Störungen. Die Unterschriftfunktion ist super, die Unterschriften könnten dennoch etwas zierlicher oder feiner sein - gerade bei wichtigen Dokumenten empfehlenswert.

Reasons for Switching to Smallpdf

Adobe hat mir ein wenig zu viel Allüren bei den Sachen die zahlungspflichtig sind. Zu teuer für eingeschränkte einzelne Funktionen. Das ist kein nachhaltiges mindset, welches ich finanziell unterstützen möchte auch wenn einige Ansätze sicher sehr toll sind. Es schmeckt dann aber doch nicht auf Dauer. Das ist wie mit einem potentiellen Geschäftspartner mit dem du sicher weit kommen könntest er aber einfach zu anstrengend ist und du das in ner Zeit die eh schon anstrengend wird nicht leisten kannst zu lernen und auf die Allüren und Limitierungen einzugehen.

Maciej from Maciej Nowak

Great PDF editor for professionals

I am using SmallPDF in my daily work and it helps me to do it much faster than with other tools.

Pros

Small PDF is constantly evolving and adding new features. I work with many documents and SmallPDF is the most used app for PDF compression, merging and splitting.

Cons

The desktop app have many features of the web app, but not all of them. Would love to see them all in the desktop app.

Reasons for Switching to Smallpdf

FineReader is great, but more expensive and slower. SmallPDF does not have all the features of FineReader, but is constantly developed and new features are added.

Jenny from Bendigo Baptist Church

I LOVE smallpdf! What a great tool for pdf users.

This is a great suite of products that makes document management so easy.

Pros

This software is SO quick and easy to use online. I produce a lot of pdf's for work that need to be emailed out. By compressing the pdf's through smallpdf, they are smaller and faster to send. It uses a simple drag and drop interface and then can be downloaded for distribution. Documents can be uploaded from your pc, but also Dropbox and Google Drive. A graphic designer I know did not believe that the compression tool would keep the quality and he was very pleasantly surprised when he saw that the quality of his document was not affected. The software is not limited to just compressing pdfs, but has the capacity to convert other document formats into pdfs and do other pdf functions like merging pdfs and signing them. As well as compressing, Smallpdf can convert from pdfs into Word, Excel, Powerpoint and jpeg. The converted documents are quite respectable and editable; better than any other software I have used in the past. We use the free version but the price of the pro version is relatively small and worth considering.

Cons

The free version only allows for 2 compression uses per hour. This is the same for other functions. It is workable, though.

Talib from Yoh Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

One of the best tools around, highly recommned

The benefits of this tool is that my overall productivity has been increased by the fact that I can use this tool very quickly and effectively to convert CVs from PDF to Word to allow me to edit them. It's so easy to use that the rest of my team also use this tool on a daily basis

Pros

The pricing of this software makes it incredibly attractive. The low cost means that we can have unlimited usage of something that me and my team use every single day is highly critical to our work

Cons

There is not much to like apart from the fact that some documents are sometimes not recognised by the software tool but this happens very infrequently and has little no impact on my job

Reasons for Choosing Smallpdf

Mainly the pricing and ease of usage. The tool is very quick to convert files and the incredibly low cost made it so attractive that we just decided to go with this one instead. We were considering multiple other tools.

george from 3D Hubs

compress your PDF files to the maximum

smallpdf I met him in a casual way once I was doing postgraduate studies. On that occasion I did a job in pdf which contained images I weigh a lot more than allowed to attach to my mail, and looking in several forums to get to smalpdf and really was an incredible utility as it decreased the weight to half and still it looked very good. Truly one of the best tools to reduce the weight of pdf files.

Pros

smallpdf is practically the same as the other similar programs that exist of this type, performs the same processes and in the same way being very easy to use (and with a very friendly environment), giving the options of cutting and pasting pdf, converting files pdf to other formats (word, excel. ppt jpeg), as well as to transform the files to pdf, number pages and in itself, all the same functions that the other programs have. However, it has a great advantage, and that is that the processing done to reduce the weight of the pdf files is really very good, since not only does this decrease, but it also maintains the resolution of the file as much as possible.

Cons

it does not have anything in particular that needs to improve or that it is a disgrace compared to other similar programs.

Response from Smallpdf

Replied November 2021

Hi George, We are pleased that you are enjoying your experience with Smallpdf. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know at info@smallpdf.com! Have a wonderful day!

Eric Eduardo from Asociación Mutual de Venado Tuerto

The greatest PDF tool software out there.

Smallpdf has been a handy tool to convert Microsoft Office files to PDF, as the current export option highly reduces image quality, and to compress files that are quite heavy. My company publish a monthly catalog which is usually two or three heavy files, where I need to not just join these files but also heavily compress them and Smallpdf does it perfecly.

Pros

Smallpdf is a complete solution for PDF files, being the most popular one the possibility to convert these to Microsoft Office files or images (and vice versa). They also offer some editing tools, such as being able to merge or split different files, rotate them and even signing or unlocking files. Also, the compress tool is shockingly effective, reducing some files sizes by 90% with a barely noticeable loss on quality. They also offer a desktop solution that is completely offline, being a lot cheaper than other tools in the market.

Cons

The only negative aspect I can think of is the lack of prepaid options. While it is possible to do two operations each hour for free, I can't justify paying a monthly fee when I may only need to convert no more than ten files weekly.

Shoaib from SRB

Do what you desire to any document!

Apart from the arabic text issue, which i find alternative ways to get done. Smallpdf has never disappointed regardless of the task, whether it be converting word to pdf, or vice versa, jpeg to pdf or vice versa, merging pdfs or compressing. It does a great job with just a few clicks.

Pros

Over the years they have made smallpdf more easier to use. With the recent update to the website, the look and feel of the website is great. Everything is well categorized and the best thing is the drag and drop feature. I mostly use the PDF conversion tools and the PDF compression tools. Any document related issue, smallPDF is my go to website

Cons

When converting documents with different language, Arabic in my case, small pdf messes up the whole document. The text doesnt make sense, the alignment is all off.

Zoyree Estefania from GMA Proyectos Siglo XXI, C.A

Industry: Civil Engineering

Definetly one of the best PDF software I have ever used

Small pdf is significantly cheaper than it's competitors and offers a quality product that is second to none, it is an incredible tool and has been amazing every since we started using it. I truly recommend it.

Pros

Ever since I used the free version in small pdf website I was convinced that this was one of the best pdf softwares available and I was totally right, it has every possible tools and gadgets for pdf editing and it is incredibly easy, its conversions are top notch and most of all it is really fast for pdf reading.

Cons

Something I really don't like about smallpdf is how limited the free version is on its website, you can convert only two files an hour, it almost convinced me not to buy it (but thanks god I did)

Signe from Signe Jorgenson Editorial Services

Industry: Writing and Editing

SmallPDF makes my life easier

SmallPDF is a lifesaver when it comes to creating, compressing, and editing PDFs. I highly recommend it!

Pros

I love SmallPDF! It has so many capabilities. It compresses large PDFs so I can attach them to emails. It allows me to combine several PDFs into a single file. It also lets me to take a few pages out of a PDF and create a shorter file. (For instance, just pulling out the 2-3 most important pages of a 20-page document so the user doesn't have to skim/scroll to find the key material.) All of this saves time and improves efficiency/productivity. This tool has eliminated so much PDF-related frustration!

Cons

If you use the free plan, there are limits to how many files you can process per day. If your needs are limited, however, the free plan will easily meet your needs. If you do a lot of work with PDFs, however, the Pro plan will make more sense -- it's pretty inexpensive, you'll have full access to a wider set of tools, and there aren't any limits on how many documents you can process.

Michael from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities

Excellent Alternative!

This is a suitable and viable alternative to Adobe. It offers a range of functionality at a reasonable cost and a high level of efficiency--as long as one can look beyond the primitive interface.

Pros

SmallPDF provides users with exceptional levels of functionality and speed if the Adobe client is not available or purchased. It offers a range of conversions and compression possibilities.

Cons

SmallPDF does have some aesthetic drawbacks, as it appears to be a bit primitive. It also requires quite a bit of dragging, dropping, and clicking to accomplish tasks.

I did not have access.

Oriana Veruska from EY

Best PDF software I have ever used

I can't tell you enough how much I love this software, it has truly been a gamechanger for me, even for someone who doesn't want to pay for the software (even though is really cheap) its free version is amazing for pdf reading.

Pros

SmallPDF is the best pdf software ever, it is extremely easy to use for pdf converting or editing, it comes with every tool you might possibly need for working with pdfs and best of all at a really reasonable price, it is the whole package.

Cons

The only issue I might have with smallpdf (but that I really understand) is the fact that when working with large files the conversion process can take a long time. Also opening the software can take a longer time than with other ones.

Olga from langforum.pro

Just Splendid!

It is just splendid! Easy to use, easy to activate, easy to buy, easy to find any function or option you are desperate about. Applicable, time and energy saving tool, almost flawless. However billing system is usually only pre-scheduled, but nowadays all companies work like that. It is powerful and even has Android and iOS Apps. Keep progressing, guys! Make your software more powerful! (Hint: I desperately need Handwriting OCR tool and Funny Fonts OCR tool).

Pros

When I just started my tutoring career of TOEFL Coach, I had to create lots of learning plans, learning programs, placement tests, studying progress tests. Besides, I had to prepare for every lesson lots of mind cards, flashcards, worksheets, slides, presentations, bullet lists. I desperately needed to convert files into pdf or doc, add images or extract them, compress files and use OCR function. This useful, powerful and practical tool saved me hours of work. I could make my work materials in 10-20 minutes and then do what I like without worries if file sizes are huge or images are overcompressed. It is a really great managing tool which helps you to get rid of hours monotonous work. Its performance is great, it is fast and provides users with the highest quality results. Unfortunately, I have not found any suitable desktop version for Linux such as Debian, Fedora or Ubuntu on Smallpdf website.

Cons

The OCR function is not really flawless. It needs to be improved. Besides, there are no PC versions for any Linux releases such as Ubuntu, Fedora or Debian.

Pamela from Simplify Bizness

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

SmallPDF is one of the best tools we have ever discovered. We use it daily. It is great!

Pros

There are so many functions. We can convert Word, Excel, Powerpoint and JPG files to PDF and convert a PDF file to those formats. We mostly use SmallPDF to compress files. This is a great help when storage space is limited in some of the apps we use. We can also split, edit, rotate and eSign a PDF file.

Cons

I love everything about this tool, but there is one thing I would like to change. If a file is the smallest size after merging or converting and then compressing the file, we receive a message stating that the file cannot be compressed to a smaller size but we are not given the option to download the merged or converted file.

Bernardo from Sankhya

The Substitute that shows its better than the main one

I have a great experience and recommed for anyone searching for a PDF solution.

Pros

Small PDF shows that, even been free, you can have a good quality software. And the best part is: Its online! although the online software have some problems with too much ads, the software compensates by not charging anything for most of the functions. 99% of the things you have to do daily, Small PDF can solve for free. The best part is, for what this software does for free and with high quality, Adobe charges a LOT.

Cons

Too much ads on the online plataform. Sometimes the online processing of the PDF takes too long.

Kristina from MoCo Countryside Alliance

The pdf solution you've been missing plus its web-based and freemium

Quick , easy, flexible and freemium. If you are dealing with pdfs this is your solution.

Pros

SmalPdf is my secret weapon. No one in my office knows how to change file types - they ask me to do it, I go to Small pdf and in minutes it is done. It is very user-friendly, always faithful conversions. It is especially useful when you get an online pdf form that you are expected to print-fill in by hand-scan-send - nope, no one has time for that. Just turn it into a word doc with smallpdf, type your answers, save it as a pdf and email- done! They take so many file types - xcel,PPT, Word, Jpeg, you can merge, split - it can do anything. I have a good print to pdf program but still prefer to use this one

Cons

I do not have a paid account although if I needed to convert lots of files it would be totally worth it. The 2 doc per hour max works for me but not for others - I say, pay for it if it bugs you.

Armaan from Khoj Research Solutions Pvt Ltd

Industry: Market Research

Needs a lot of improvement

A good product, have scope for improvement, as I use only for eSign tool I would want the process to be simpler and the issue highlighted above to be addressed.

Pros

My job requires end-user to digitally eSign the documents, smallpdf was very handy to carry out the same. Also all the PDF tools were handy and work with Ease.

Cons

1. End-user used to see the pixelated document, when highlighted there was no help. 2. Recent force landscape option to complete the eSign was giving trouble to most of my end-users, have to call and guide them to complete the process. 3. Documents used to take ever to load in few cases even with good connectivity and never used to load with moderate to low connectivity.

Reasons for Choosing Smallpdf

Pricing & availability of other PDF tools.

Shirley "Sokes" from Sotheby's International Realty Canada

Life and time saver

An indispensable tool that I use daily to compress and attached PDFs to emails. Other similar PDF compression tools can't even come close to how excellent Smallpdf. Use this tool now!!

Pros

Smallpdf is an incredible easy to use tool that no one should be without. An absolute essential if you work with PDFs. Drag and drop and watch large sized PDFs magically compress to a fraction of its original size. There's no other PDF converting software that's as simple, safe and easy to use at Smallpdf. The Chrome widget is another great feature, though the most useful is the Gmail integration.

Cons

All good things need to come to some type of end, what was once a free tool now requires a subscription, thought it's money well spent.

Chiranjib from Nokia Bell Labs

Frequent user for homeworks

Overall, I used to be a regular user of smallpdf. Now, there are other easy-to-use apps to get these jobs done. I am not sure whether they have app of smallpdf.

Pros

The best thing about smallpdf is that the interface is neat and tidy. I have mostly used it for converting jpg images to pdf and merging pdfs. Unlike the other web-based services, their website is pretty clean. I would give some points to the aesthetics of the website too :-) ! Apart from that, it gets the essential jobs done. Few minutes left before the deadline of homework? Just take pictures using phone, send 'em to laptop and drag and drop the images to smallpdf. Saved me many times.

Cons

The paid version does not really make much sense to me after the release of the free mobile apps from adobe like adobe reader DC and adobe sign. Especially after adobe scan was released, it really solved the problems of taking pictures, merging and creating a pdf document in a more integrated way. These apps have recently substituted smallpdf because they are more accessible from my phone and tablet.

Alberto from Facultad De Medicina U.A. de C. Unidad Saltillo

Smallpdf use in college students

im a 22 years old medicine student, im currently at my fourth year and i can assure that every college student reads a lot and requires too much pdf`s, imagine in medicine, all my books are on pdf`s, this app is a great tool for all the students, its pretty much a relief in our day to day chores

Pros

It is so easy and accesible, you dont need any type of special knowledge to use this app, that is something that helps a lot, it dont uses too much storage so you dont have to worry about that and the design of the app looks pretty good

Cons

sometimes you can save a pdf and dont even know where it is, its just a matter of configuration in the app so you can select where do you want them to store

Reasons for Switching to Smallpdf

adobe was getting too slow and i didnt like that

Mario Teran from Consejo Federal de Gobierno

Edit and compress PDF files in three steps

Compressed and edit PDF files in a very easy way and without download a program or app.

Pros

The capability to edit text, add and modify images and forms, draw and add specific features in a PDF file, all this is done easily, you just select the option, add the files, edit what you need, and download the files, a very easy process. SmallPDF also brings the opportunity to compress files, which is a great feature for huge files like books or file with a lot of images, that you want to save for you or share, the process is the same, and a few seconds you your file compress in your computer.

Cons

I think that they must add more options to edit, the ones that exist are very simple, maybe they can add the option of make personal stickers and more option of figures to add, and also the possibility to add and modify tables.

Converting Document into PDF Made Easy

Did I mention that the merge PDF has no file limit - this is the best thing to ever happen to me!

Pros

1. That I can upload a document and click convert and before I know it I have a pdf document staring at me. 2. Allows a user to perform more than one task: Convert PDF to word and Word to PDF, compress and merge several documents, and convert JPG to PDF and back

Cons

1. When converting a file from word to PDf the name usually changes, it would be great if they maintained the original name of the document.

marie from Magazine Networks Inc.

the best PDF compressor.

In general, I used smallpdf when I had to create pdf files from scanned images or files, since it was the only easiest and fastest way to do this process. In addition, it used the comprehension function to reduce the weight of the files, since when containing images they were very large for the intranet of the company that worked previously, and when compressing with smallpdf the files turned out to be half the size and with a image quality similar to the original.

Pros

1.- Online application that does not require any type of installation. 2.- Its PDF file compression system is very good, managing to reduce the size of the files without losing quality. 3.- You have multiple options that allow you to work with PDF files, among the options you can; cut and paste files, rotate, add signature and the possibility of converting your pdf files to different format of office (word, ppt, excel). 4.- It also has a tool that allows you to create PDF files from xon files, word, ppt, jpeg and excel extension.

Cons

1.- Perhaps the only problem is that to be able to use smallpdf you must always have access to the internet since it can only be used through a browser, which is somewhat inconvenient when you are traveling and you can not connect to an internet network.

Mukul from Buzo Media

All your PDF needs solved with one interface!

Pros

1. Ever since i started using small pdf i don't think so i have ever used any other site for any pdf related needs. Also, it has a large number of tools which take cares of all your pdf needs. 2. More than 15+ tools to compress, edit, merge, split and convert pdfs. 3. Integration with google drive and Dropbox makes it easier to find your cloud documents. 4. You can also sign your documents with your esignature.

Cons

1. I dont think so there's any demerits just that in free version you can only do 2 compressions per hour. 2. Annoying is that it doesn't have any prepaid options available for premium functions.

Abdul from Goody Bro

This is a great innovation to read PDF. Honestly it will change your thoughts about PDF reading.

Small pdf is a compact sized pdf viewer. It can compress your pdf size to 90% or lesser. Mainly I can say it is all in one application to use. Try it and it will change your thoughts about pdf reading. This really convenient. Ill recommend everyone to use at least once. Happy reading.

Pros

It can compress the pdf size to 90% or lesser as we can read or keep more pdfs in our stock. Also it can convert,marge and edit the document in one hand. This is really a compact application to daily use.

Cons

The interface of the apps should be improved. It is in pristine condition but need to upgrade more.

Reasons for Switching to Smallpdf

Small pdf has more functionality than my previous apps. I'm really enjoying it.

Mahesh from Mshetty Ventures Pvt LTd

Small Pdf - Convert documents rapidly

Smallpdf is available instantly online and we get the files converted within no time. I highly recommend this software to anyone who would need a quick conversion of their files to pdf and vice versa.

Pros

Small Pdf provides various options to convert the documents from Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint to Pdf and vice versa.

Cons

We cannot use small pdf more than to convert files more than 2 times. We would need to upgrade to pro subscription.

Tiago from Tiago Nogueira

A maneira mais rápida e eficaz de obter um PDF

Todos os dias me é útil utilizar a aplicação no meu trabalho pois é a forma mais rápida.

Pros

Bom para converter qualquer tipo de documento para PDF ou PDF para qualquer outro tipo de documento. É muito rápido para converter esses documentos e é minha escolha quando preciso converter qualquer tipo de documento para PDF. Estou a utilizar no meu trabalho diário e isso ajudar-me a fazê-lo muito mais rápido do que com outras ferramentas.

Cons

A aplicação no computador têm muitos recursos da app, mas não todos. A implementação dos mesmos na aplicação no computador seria uma mais valia.

Rogger from SENASA

Industry: Food Production

All my pdf tools in one place

This software was very useful to me since I was in university to join works, transform files into editable formats and compress heavy files

Pros

I can easily convert image documents to pdf, and then to editable word format where I can make any modifications I want, also attached image files that are very heavy are easily compressed

Cons

The free version is limited in terms of compression capacity, it can only be used twice an hour, also heavy files take a long time to load

Henri from Freelancer

Handy and indispensable

I have been using SmallPDF for quite many years now, as my default conversion tool. I mainly use it for dealing with text files, and the results have never disappointed me.

Pros

Small PDF is arguably the easiest and fastest file converter out there. Its newly updated interface on the iOS app is a delight to use. The web interface is also very easy to handle and the app won't let you down if you need to convert across a multitude of formats. I mainly use it for converting text files and the app does it in a seamless and rather efficient manner.

Cons

The waiting time for some conversion (for example, PDF into Word) can sometimes be longer than we would expect. Also, the previous design of the mobile apps was slightly clunky, but the new updates have pretty much solved that issue.

JOEL DE JESUS from HIDROCAPITAL

Transform excel to pdf and vice versa

Great app to work with Excel and PDF files.

Pros

This app is always my first choice to transform the tables, sheets and graphics that I use in Excel to PDF format, because the process is quick, clean and the result is great, and it does not have any problem with the large files.

Cons

I do not have any complain, for me works great and the process is quick and with high quality, and I had use the app for long time ago and it has been always great.

PDF tool

During exam periods, converting exam notes to the pdf file, merging presentations together and later on converting them to pdf and compressing is really needed for me, and with the help of that app, I can sort out all these tasks quickly, that's why I love that app.

Pros

The program is so quick and easy to use, and everything is possible with files, for example, people can save their other kind of documents as pdf, also convert, compress, merge, split options are available for the users. And my 2 favorite options in this app, are converting and compressing, during exam periods or applying for the universities that app helped me a lot in the documentation issues.

Cons

I can say only negative side of the program is giving 2 free operations in an hour, it's better to increase that number for not being complex to the users.

Easy PDF to Word Conversion, PDF file size management, and other features

Small PDF is excellent software that I use multiple times per week, sufficient to justify a pro-membership that renews on a yearly basis.

Pros

As someone who receives and must convert a large number of PDF files to editable Word documents, I used the free version of Smallpdf conversion software, as my own edition of Adobe Acrobat has always been very buggy with conversion to Word. Smallpdf was so useful and efficient that I decided to pay for an annual subscription. I use this web-based software multiple times per week both for file conversion and to minimize the size of PDFs.

Cons

A Mac-friendly-friendly desktop client would be especially appreciated for Pro memberships, as even with the Pro membership, all conversion seems to be cloud-based.

Remus from C.T. "S. Mehedinti" Codlea

Don't miss it!

smallpdf is a very convenient tool because it is free, online and comprehensive, so you can have your PDF job done quickly and elegantly wherever you are without depending on a paid or desktop application.

Pros

I first came across smallpdf when I was looking for ways to compress PDF documents to upload to my websites. Keeping things small and fast is essential for web designers. Among the online tools that I discovered, the one offered by smallpdf turned out to be the most efficient. It was the fastest and the most capable to squeeze my documents to a really small size. I have occasionally used it to unlock PDFs or convert them to docx. In each case, the results were impressive.

Cons

smallpdf is free indeed, but for some time past the number of free runs has been limited. Nevertheless, smallpdf is definitely worth trying!

Melanie from Have You Heard My Book/Product Review

Industry: Publishing

The PDF that has it all

Overall, this is a program your business needs if you deal with digital content. It allows you to set it up to fit your business. You'll wonder how you got along without it.

Pros

I decided to use this program because of all the digital material I deal with. It was easy to set up and cost effective too. This one program does everything I need it too. I don't have to deal with several programs to get my work dealt with. I love it!

Cons

It almost has too much to offer. You really have to pay attention to the program. It's easy to over do it with this program.

Vinay from Shopyvilla developers

Industry: Graphic Design

Compress and Combine

I suggest to use this software for compress or combine the seprate pdf or other file like doc file, excel file

Pros

I like the software for the service of compress and combine pdf file, doc file and other . i always use this software to compress and combine my pdf

Cons

Some time in this software when i just used and download my file from this then the file never open. i don't know this happens but not good

Response from Smallpdf

Replied November 2021

Hi Vinay, We're glad to hear you enjoy using our compress and merge tools! Thank you so much for your feedback, we're always trying to make improvements. Please contact support@smallpdf.com if you have any more comments.

Aubrey from SkySlope Inc

great for software/tech support teams

Pros

We are a tech support team that works day in and day out with PDF files from all over the country. We run into a lot of problems with documents, and Small PDF can solve just about every one of them.

Cons

I would say the only negative is the daily maximum if you have a free account, but we use the program so much that we invested in a paid account. Worth the money.

Miguel from URIJI JAMI

Best pdf software ever

What is not to love about SmallPDF? It is really fast, something that is usually a problem with pdf readers, it can be used to edit pdfs in many useful ways, it is truly amazing.

Pros

I absolutely love smallPDF, it has been a truly hidden gem for our business, is much faster than other pdf readers, and comes with so many useful tools that it becomes the only pdf software you need, it allows you to edit, compress, transform to other formats, split, mix, rotate, etc.

Cons

I have absolutely nothing I dislike about smallPDF, it is extremely wonderful and has been lifesaver in our company.

Super helpful way to reduce the size of PDF files

Using this to compress PDF files to less than 80% of their initial filesize!

Pros

This tool is so simple! I love the way it can be understood by anyone, regardless of their level of familiarity with design tools. The fact that I can do so many things to a PDF file without having to pull up a design software is priceless. When optimized, the PDF files end up just like they were in full resolution, so no quality is lost whatsoever, only a bunch of MB! I don't use the rest of the converters as much as the optimize tool for PDF sizes, but they are also very helpful ways of making sure that any file you share is always recognized across any platform, without having to deal with tricky software to handle the format conversion.

Cons

I've only been using the free version, and there's a limited amount of things you can do with it. It will lock you out of the platform for about one hour after you reached your limit, so that can be a bit frustrating... I haven't been needing this as much as I should in order to pay for it, so I wait. But if I eventually find that I need to use it more, I would totally upgrade. It is a great, simple and helpful tool.

Cayla from Johnson Photography, LLC

Industry: Photography

Incredibly Easy to Use

Our clients appreciate communication in a timely manner and being able to use Smallpdf has improved our workflow. Overall, I would definitely recommend using Smallpdf to any small business who requires acceptance/customization/return of important documents.

Pros

Smallpdf has made my document customization incredibly easy. I'm able to upload documents in all different forms and create new documents in different formats. It's incredible easy to use, navigate, and customize. The format of the site is also very user-friendly.

Cons

I have yet to find a feature of Smallpdf that I have not appreciated. It's incredibly easy to navigate and I have used this software several times to create new documents for my wedding clients.

Can't beat the price

Pros

You are able to edit pdf files for free without the paid version, which makes quickly file editing great. I have purchased the full version to be able to manipulate more files then the free version allows, and it is a better price than purchasing Adobe Writer.

Cons

The free version only allows you one edit ever so often (2 hours or so), but the paid version I have had no issues with besides it can be slow based on your internet connection, but that is to be expected.

Yemisi from AYADA CARE SERVICES

Best PDF application today

I needed to upload an official document that was password protected. Other apps needed me to supply my bank details upfront. Small PDF allow me to try before purchase. It shows that they are confident about the product quality

Pros

I was able to remove password from a PDF document easily

Cons

I have not experienced any yet. Still on trial package