What are FitSW users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FitSW software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to use, very good price, great app. To use starting a fitness business."
  • icon"From the integrated timer to the graphs and workout selections, I highly recommend it."
  • icon"Once I had the web demo it was pretty easy to use. I like how you can pretty much keep all of the client info in one place and the exercise selection is great."
  • icon"The only minor dislike I have is that you can't see the entire notes field when viewing a workout."
  • icon"The latest update has caused some problems for me."
  • icon"I dislike how when I remove a client who is currently not paying, all of their data disappears."

Browse all FitSW Reviews

• Have you used FitSW and would like to share your experience with others?

Channéll

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Custom App & Gym Owner Review

It's simplicity makes it perfect!

This is a straight up app to give my clients work outs on that they can easily maneuver and manipulate as they need to. Each exercise has a video or if you put your own in, you can add a link for your clients to watch. Also, it keeps track of how much weight was lifted on specific dates. HUGE time saver!

Pros

No extra fluff Simple to use for myself AND my clients It's quick to get in and out of Not overly complicated

Cons

Nothing. This is really a simplistic program that doesn't try to be everything under the sun and appeal to every person out there. A lot of programs tey to be everything to everyone and it doesn't work.

Ease of use

Reasons for switching to FitSW

Trainerize had way too may options and too many widgets to choose from. Kinda confusing.

Alex

Complete and Affordable PT Software.

Has been a very useful tool to have whilst growing my business. To be able to adjust workouts and create custom templates that can be transferred between clients and tweaked has been very helpful. Would like to see some more slightly lesser known exercises added to the video demos, without having to film and add my own. Any issue that I've had so far have been responded to via support and addressed very swiftly. Have been recommending to anyone that had been asking about PT Software.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Creating workout plans and daily tasks is very easy and efficient. My clients love that every exercise comes with a video demonstration, and I am able to attach detailed notes and descriptions to each exercise. Everything can be updated immediately. I offer my clients anytime adjustments so this is a very helpful feature to have. I like that I can see when a client has completed their workouts.

Cons

The nutrition side can be a bit overwhelming for clients. There are so many options for food items and sometimes the portion sizes are not in UK standard measurements, it would be nice to be able to select what measurement system to use. E. G. Metric/imperial. Have not really had a use for the tracking feature as it does feel slightly redundant as a PT who offers weekly feedback with the client.

Reasons for choosing FitSW

Customer reviews were very favourable. And the ease of use and completeness of the software attracted me to the software. I run my business from my phone so the app had to be quick and easy to use and make quick on the fly adjustments to clients training at short notice. The price is very good as well.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! We will be adding new nutrition features next month and plan to include unit options. Thank you for the feedback. Let us know if you have any other feedback.

Jabulani

Work in progress

I'm reaching out to my clients without being there physically... I like that, now not all clients enjoy that but those who can actually work with me smoothly.

Pros

The library has a lot of exercises demonstrated mostly well. I like that you can set the rest between sets, the time in which your client is expected to finish that particular workout. Love the copy and edit feature, love the fact that you can either publish your workout program so your clients can see them or you can just keep the as drafts and only make them available on the day the should train.

Cons

It has glitches, I gave up on the software because it firstly shuffles the workouts if you make them a superset and also it would give me an error message even when I'm not using it (and that was after purchasing the subscription). Used the website version and it was all good until the beginning of this month where it just stopped working altogether. Now I'm back to the software, suffering through it.

Reasons for choosing FitSW

It was the first one I tried and I used it for over 4 months first before rolling it out to my clients.

April 2022

Your Daily Workout Remainder

Pros

The most impactable feature is the workout template. I don't have to worry about the list of workouts daily, I use templates instead. They have n number of libraries to make you fit every day.

Cons

I don't have any cons about this product because I am using the free trial version but the online class comes with a premium so please consider one free online class.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your review. Glad you liked our workout templates. You can try live online classes with the premium account which you can try for free for 1 month.

Replied May 2022

Channéll

Custom App & Gym Owner Review

Nothing short of the highest value and service, customer service is kind, prompt and always looking to quickly resolve any issues that may arise. I can’t say enough good things about FITSW!

Pros

I love that this software provides multiple components of wellness. I also love the real-time feedback every time a client completes a task, nutrition log or workout! The app chat and progress tracking is a life saver for managing multiple clients with each and providing customization.

Cons

The nutrition data base and layout could use some love with a credentialed nutritionist. I’d also love to see better ease of adding exercises across trainer and a yoga section!

Reasons for choosing FitSW

Customization options, features and the best customer service!

Response from FitSW

Thank you so much for your feedback Channell!

Joshua

Perfect for me!

So far I have had nothing but positive experiences with using FitSw. The one issue I had was resolved in a timely manner. It has also helped me manage my clients in a more productive way.

Pros

I used to send each client an excel sheet with their workouts. I would have to describe each exercise in detail. Doing this for each exercise and client was very time consuming. Not to mention, I never new if they actually did the workout. Having FitSw has really helped keep everything in one place. Having videos demonstrating the exercises helps assure that my clients are doing the proper exercises as well as saves on time. I love being able to see my clients activity and compliance with their workouts.

Cons

One issue is the process to set up programs. You have to navigate back and forth between the Workout, task, and program page to set them up for each client. It would be nice to customize the workouts and tasks all from the clients page with out having to jump back in forth between the pages. This is certainly not a deal breaker but I mild annoyance.

Reasons for choosing FitSW

FitSw's overall set up, affordability, and multi platform(iOS,Android) capabilities were the biggest reasons.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! We are working on making it more seamless to navigate through programs and an update will be released in June. Let us know if you have any other input.

Shannon

Fitsw pros and cons

Pros

I love that I can include demos for each exercise. It also saves me time to be able to copy workouts between clients. My clients also report that it us easy to use on their side.

Cons

I do not like that I can't superset cardio exercises with anything, makes it difficult to create circuits. It also appears to have bugs in it that frustrate me. If I make any changes to a workout on my phone, it changes exercises or changes the order of them. I can only make changes from my laptop.

Reasons for choosing FitSW

Seemed easier to use for the initial set up and price

Trevor

Decent software to use.

Pros

Simple to use, it largely does what is needed.

Cons

I find differences in the platform, some clients find the recording hard to find and it can be a pain to use. Some features could be made easier to use.

Reasons for choosing FitSW

Cost. Some of trainerizes features are far superior, however I it wasn’t as user friendly.

Response from FitSW

Thank you very much for your feedback! For the recording, we have a release with improvements planned later this month. If you would like to beta test or send additional requests please reach out.

Jean

Pros

User friendly and easy to create workouts and upload new exercises into library simultaneously

Cons

The personal website to send clients could have a more professional and polished design. Would be nice to have clients be able to see workout list and preview of video demonstration simultaneously.

User friendly

Reasons for switching to FitSW

It was easier on my end to upload workouts and videos through this app. Clients also preferred some of the features such as a timer instead of just a stopwatch.

Magda

Great App to use, my customers love it!

It makes my Gym unique in my area, We are the only ones that have an app available for our customers!

Pros

I only needed a platform to do meal plans and exercise plans without all the other add-on's that cost a lot of money from other developers. Simple and easy, especially if you are just a start-up business that wants the bells and whistles without breaking the bank.

Cons

If the developers would provide quality video's from the FitSW crew it would look more professional. I would also hire attractive model's for the video shoots as people can be quite shallow in that regard and love looking at pretty things! :) The videos from FitSW crew is within the perfect time frame (20 - 40 seconds) which is perfect for me, as I don't want to waste my clients time on the floor. The other video links from other youtubers is too long, I often replace them with shorter videos. Don't ever take away the functionality of replacing the link with your own, there is a lot of exercises out there like Pilates exercises that I like to add to my exercise program. This is such a fantastic feauture to your product and one of the reasons I am using it.

Whitney

Overall a great software. Minor annoyances.

It's keeping me organized and on track. I'm not utilizing everything it offers (nutrition, metrics, etc). The more the software can do, the better. I love having all client info in one place. I know I'm writing a lot! I really do like FITSW, but I'm hoping for a smoother, newer look in the near future! :)

Pros

I love the exercise video options. They are a little outdated, but it's a nice feature for online/home programs for clients.

Cons

The interface - It's a little outdated. - the colors, the format. It's difficult to schedule using my phone. I wish it was more mobile friendly. I have online clients as well that said it's difficult to use. Examples: 1. Not all the exercises have corresponding videos (but I'm going to work on this and create my own :) ) 2. Some of the videos cause you to exit the app and open to youtube...it's difficult to try and figure out where you left off after watching the youtube video. 3. It doesn't have the progressing interface that a trainer can load and have the client click COMPLETE as they progress through their workout(s) ( some apps have this and it's a nice option) 4. No note section for the client to input data during their workout. This would assist in promoting communication on workout details. Like, "I did 15 sets of 20 lbs today, but dropped third set to 15 lbs". This would help retain client details. 5. Option to add our logo to the site. Other software companies have this option. It's dope! I've looked at other software companies and they have amazing styles and seems easier to use, but I like the way the categories, questions, etc are set up with FITSW. I haven't been using the nutrition portion yet, but will be doing so in the near future. I'm hoping its compatible with online nutrition trackers? That would be nice for clients to easily input their nutrition info. I love that this software isn't crazy expensive, but I find it worth it to pay more for all this.

Kimberly

Functions but us it’s bugs and glitches

It is adequate. I seriously debated switching about a month/month and a half ago because I was so frustrated with glitches, but I’ve invested a ton of time making workouts and linking YouTube videos to exercises not in the library so I keep it because I don’t want to start from scratch. Recently they did finally fix a few glitches and even added a favorites workout at the bottom of the workout page making it much more accessible but it does still have issues.

Pros

I like the exercise library. I like that I can add my own exercises to my library. I like that I can save favorite workouts to reuse with different clients

Cons

It glitches all of the time. For a while my favorite workouts were not available. Also for a time I was unable to scroll to the bottom of my clients or my workouts or something. Both of those problems finally were fixed but it took multiple emails to get resolved. Currently it shuts down every time I try to add a picture of an exercise directly from my camera. I have to take it on my phone first, then pick it from my photos. It also occasionally loses exercises or videos I’ve attached to exercises I’ve entered. So the exercise will show up in a saved workout but no video link appears anymore, and if I search for the exercise to add to another workout it isn’t there. This is an inconsistent problem. Only happens sometimes with some exercises. But it is annoying to have to go back and find a video and relink it.

Reasons for choosing FitSW

I believe I liked the exercise library better. Trainer fu was nicer in that it let you see the clients view and the trainers view but the library won me over.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback. We have released a new version last week where, you can now take a picture of an exercise directly from your camera and will not experience any issues. We have also fixed the issue where the exercise list was not being updated immediately so all that will now work. Let us know if you have any other issues and we will fix asap at support@fitsw.com

Great Software for Client Programming

The customer service has been great. I have only had a couple of issues in the length of time I’ve been paying for this service. My issues have been handled timely and professionally. This is a great program and software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to get started. Videos were pre-loaded to allow me to program. It is easy for me to add new exercises in, customize exercises, and change videos. It is easy for my clients to use, especially those who are not great with tech. I love the addition of the program feature, making it extremely easy to put programs together for clients.

Cons

I dislike how when I remove a client who is currently not paying, all of their data disappears. I wish there was some way to “archive” clients so they don’t take up space for my paid client availability, but still won’t be able to access their regular profile. Often I get returning customers, and I have to start fresh each time and unless they take screenshots of their data, it is lost.

Reasons for choosing FitSW

The cost was a better fit for my start up business at that time.

Adelade

Pretty Good!

Pros

Once I had the web demo it was pretty easy to use. I like how you can pretty much keep all of the client info in one place and the exercise selection is great. The also like that clients can upload their before and after photos directly into the app because it gives them a sense of security over emailing or texting.

Cons

I do not like how when you create a live PT class, all other clients can see them. I wish there was a way for you to directly send your pt clients their live session OR for them to request the live session when they request their appointments. Food tracking is not great and music stops when the timer starts so integrating music would bring this app up to 5 stars.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! We are adding a way for you to directly send your pt client a live session by the end of the month.

Joe

Exactly what I needed to help me better track all of my clients and their information!

FitSW saves me time because it lets me quickly build client workouts, diet plans and map out client goals. It then saves all this information so that I can easily access it or update it whenever I need to. The progress graphs also help me keep my clients engaged and motivated because I can show them how far they have come and we focus on improvement together.

Pros

I like the fact that I can keep track of all of my clients' important information in one single application. Being able to build comprehensive fitness plans, diet plans and tracking progress in one single app makes my job much easier and seems to keep my clients much more engaged. I also like how responsive the FitSW team is to my feature requests and improvement requests.

Cons

Hard to mention something here as the team usually responds quickly to any improvement requests I have. One thing I guess I could mention is there are a lot of exercises in the exercise database - many of which I don't use. The app lets me search for the ones I want and I can delete the ones I don't use which is nice. But maybe if there was a way when I signed up to only sign up with the basic exercise database so I didn't have to delete the ones I don't use.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great softwear with constantly added features and improvements

FitSW is a great tool for helping me stay motivated with fun tools and amazing workout/nutrition plans.

Pros

This platform is easy to use on iOS and web! I have only used it a little on an android device, but all the features, functionality and data are actually easy to navigate on all the platforms. I use this to help me personally keep on track with my day to day goals. Being able to check off a workout and getting a "high five" helps me stay motivated and lookin forward to the next workout.

Cons

Having more recipes available will help me not get bored with the healthy day to day meal plans. I would also like to see more HIIT templated added. The ones that are there are great and challenge me, but I want more! Please!

Response from FitSW

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Replied February 2022

Tina

Versatile Tool for Trainers

Easily track and manage all of my clients and their workouts, progress, and goals.

Pros

I love being able to put together workouts for an individual client, but also being able to share it with other clients, if I need to. The tracking feature is great, I love being able to easily show my clients their progress.

Cons

Having to add emails to each client and then the software was automatically sending the workouts that I created to them. I did voice this concern to customer service and they have made that feature optional now.

Reasons for switching to FitSW

I liked the ease of use on FitSW. The search feature while creating workouts is very helpful. It allows you to search by specific target muscle, equipment and difficulty. This helps to create plans with varying exercises, even when I had forgotten about some of them until they appeared in the list.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the feedback! Yes absolutely thank you for your input, you can control any automated messages or push notifications from your settings page.

Kim

Review of FitSW

FitSW as been very attentive to my request for help as well as always wanting and using my input. They have also been great in showing me ways to use the software more effectively.

Pros

I like how easy it is to chose the exercises for my clients workout. The tracking progress for each client is easy to follow.

Cons

I feel that the videos that demonstrate the workout are of low quality and form is not always correct. Would love a way to add our own demonstrations for our clients.

cost and ease of use!

Cory

Industry: Research

The Perfect Workout Companion

Let me work more easily with my personal trainer, and also empowered me to learn and correctly perform new exercises when she wasn't physically available.

Pros

Navigating the app is incredibly intuitive. Creating or altering an exercise routine is just as simple. The app makes it simple to chart progress in body changes (which can sometimes be difficult to see by the eye alone.) But perhaps the best part of this app is that each exercise is linked to a demonstration video. This means if a user doesn't have a personal trainer, they can watch how to correctly perform each exercise. This is an incredibly useful and empowering thing to offer, and helps cut down on confusion at the gym.

Cons

Being as robust as it is, the app sometimes has to trade in on user-friendliness. For certain exercises, I want to do several sets of an exercise for a period of time, as opposed to for a series of repetitions. From what I can tell, this is not an option in the app, but can easily be worked-around by writing a note under the exercise. My trainer has also put in exercises that do not come with a video demonstration. It's likely these were custom exercises that didn't come with the stock app, so the lacking video was understandable. But a feature for me to embed a video with those exercises, myself, would have been handy.

Joe

I needed a simple system to help me organise and track my client's programmes, FitSW is exactly that

I could get rid of all of the paper printed client programmes I was initially using which looked messy and unprofessional. I can provide meal plans and exercise programmes for overseas clients and clients that are away on holiday with ease. It has saved time and helped improve the efficiency and professionalism of my business.

Pros

I like the fact that clients have access to their programme / diet via their phone, so when I go on holiday I can easily leave them to still follow their programme without me. The macro breakdown on the diet section is really useful and is great for educating my clients on what kinds of foods they should eat and at what times of day etc.

Cons

When you try to enter multiple sets and rep ranges for a particular exercise on the software and click 'update' or 'save' workout, it does not save with the commas and different numbers. However, when you input different weights/rep ranges on the app and click 'update' or 'save', it does save it with the different rep ranges etc. This means that on much iPad, I usually do all of my work on FitSW by logging into the software through a browser, but when a client does a pyramid set - for example - I have to log into their programme via the app to actually input the data for that set. It's just a bug in the system that gets frustrating as it can be unnecessarily time consuming.

Luke

Great system

It does what it needs to do had a couple of glitches but customer service always gets straight onto it. Charges for people paying money could do with looking into bit steep.

Pros

Simple with some great features, clients find it easy to use. Great way to store data and progression of clients. Great for doing par-q data in current climate of social distancing.

Cons

Needs more exercises couple of glitches need fixing but as an up and coming app works good not as good as others but certainly getting as powerful and the cost is ok. If a customer pays you on the app you lose a percentage I've stopped using this feature and clients pay me direct through bank so charges need to be looked into.

Response from FitSW

Thank you so much for your feedback Luke! With our payments feature there is a credit card processing fee just like any other vendor that accepts credit cards. So that is the 3% percentage taken out you are referencing. Also, we released an updated Android app just today that has significant improvements and works really well.

Kieran

Latest update

I’ve been a user for over 6 months and currently deliver over 40 sessions a week, safe too say I’m a daily user haha. But I do really love the ease of use of the app when creating programmes as it can become very monotonous making programmes on a daily, but this makes it much more enjoyable and professional.

Pros

I really like the ease of use when adding clients and having them access there programmes immediately. I also love including demo videos too help them use there programmes.

Cons

The latest update has caused some problems for me. When I’m updating a programme and I may finish the programme, once saved it will load both the new programme as well as some of the old programme into one which is very frustrating. Also sometimes when removing a superset it will keep one of the exercises existed as a superset which is then stuck there and cannot been removed causing me too having too make a whole new programme. I hope you can get this sorted ASAP.

Best bang for the buck

Not a bad product but not everyone’s needs are the same. Most trainers I know use 2-3 separate platforms to handle each different aspect.

Pros

Easy to write work outs ahead of time and push to different clients depending on their needs and goals.

Cons

Nutrition is a bit restrictive. Can’t do a generalized suggestion planner like 4 choices of protein, 3 choices of veggies and choices of snacks. I like to give my clients the ability to choose their meals so it can be changed up helping them to learn on their own how to set up a healthy meal plan on their own.

Reasons for choosing FitSW

Fit most of my needs and price point. As I take on more clients different platform might work better but only time will tell

Reasons for switching to FitSW

Easier format and much cheeper.

Response from FitSW

Thank you so much for your feedback! We have a new nutrition release planned next month that will allow exactly what you are talking about. Let us know if you have any other feedback.

Karla

Great tool!

Helpful, great prices, easy to use for me as administrator and for my clients.

Pros

This software has been so helpful. My clients find it easy to use, and I love how professional makes me look. Also, it’s really easy to use.

Cons

I don’t like the videos from the own FitSW team. The exercise technique showed in many of those videos is not good.

Price!