• Pros

• "Customer Service is exceptional! It may not be an immediate response but they Facebook group that has been implemented really has brought this to the next level. "

• "Ease of use and flexibility, plus their ability to constantly innovate and improve an already excellent product."

• "Amazing software. Help you get clients, grow and deliver a brilliant service."

• Cons

• "The only thing I can think of is the look of the software, though this is being improved in the next version of the software."

• "Some coding involved, but besides that its amazing"

• "A little overwhelming to start whilst trying to learn everything. Has so many features it takes time to familiarise yourself!"

Browse PT Distinction Reviews

Tim Saye -

Gerard from Mr

Perfect Package for Personal Trainers

Pros

It's a complete package for any personal trainer wishing to focus on Online Training or add value to their In-Person Fitness Training.

Cons

Nothing stands out so far, it is perhaps a little bit confusing to use at first if you are not too savvy with computers.

Reasons for Choosing PT Distinction

Reviews, Facebook Group, Good engagement from the developer. Free Trial was great.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the great review Gerard!

grant from Move Play Lift

Fantastic all in one coaching app for Personal Trainers

I use this product daily for an ongoing group of personal training clients and couldn't be happier with its usability. It's a simple to use, but incredibly powerful, system that my clients love. It has a huge variety of exercises to construct workouts from and an intuitive "groups" builder that allows you to use the platform for any style of coaching, whether that be for nutrition, habits or simply programming fitness work outs. if you don't have a website it provides you with a simple start up one and comes with it's own in-built university learning feature to make sure you get the most out of it for your business. The support group is phenomenal and fast to help or suggest new ways to make your business thrive and no question is left unanswered. The app can even be personalised with you company colours and logo or can be set up from scratch, for a fee, by the PTD team if you don't have the time or inclination to do it yourself. A fantastic product all round.

Pros

Everything - see overall experience below...

Cons

If there are any they are usually solved asap as the product is constantly being updated with new suggestions from PT's taken on board swiftly also

Response from PT Distinction

Replied April 2020

Thank you for the Amazing review Grant, we massively appreciate it.

Luke from Healthbreak Inc.

PT Distinction can be a useful tool

Overall this software is solid depending on your goals. If you are trying to make a lot of money as an online trainer for putting in minimal effort, then go with this software. But if you want to work honestly and make a difference in someone's life, train in person.

Pros

PT Distinction will greatly help you if you intend on becoming an online personal trainer. It gives you the resources needed to thrive in this personal training trend.

Cons

Online personal training is kind of a joke. There is so much value in being with an actual trainer. And almost anybody can be an online trainer. For anyone looking to be a personal trainer, go to an actual fitness center.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied December 2019

Hi Luke, We see you tried signing up for a trial of PT Distinction 2 days AFTER leaving this review but haven't yet logged in! Interestingly you have been offered gift vouchers by Capterra to review software's. Your negativity toward online training probably comes from a place of well meaning but is thankfully wrong. The support and results from online training is often far better than those for face to face training. Online coaching gives the opportunity to support your clients 24/7 rather than just 1-2 hours a week. The results reflect this. Many of our members report life changing results for their clients and most say their results with online clients are better than results with their face to face clients. Online coaching allows the best trainers to help far more people than face to face training so the impact for those that actually do it is incredible. To date our members have helped 150,000 people and many have shown life changing results.

Tom from EBM Fitness Solutions

The most comprehensive fitness software you will find.

Pros

I love that I can do anything I need/want to do for my business. I can design programs in minutes. I can make changes that update across multiple clients at once. I can customize exercises, forms, assessments in addition to adding pdfs and tutorials. I have been able to customize a nearly year-long habit-based nutrition program that offers daily lessons and bi-weekly habits.

Cons

The only con is there is a bit of a learning curve with the software. Once you spend some time with it, I find it user-friendly but this can be overwhelming in the beginning.

Reasons for Choosing PT Distinction

I chose PTD because it offered all the features, functions and customization that I wanted for my business.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the great review Tom. I'm pleased we're playing a small role in your success.

Rob from Fit 2 Function

Hands Down The Best Software For Online PT

I chose PT Distinction having tried all of the top softwares for online trainers. I had heard great things about PTD as trainers recommend them in Facebook groups I'm a pert of almost every day. I was quite excited when joining that it would be the best one. As I looked around I thought this is good, as I looked some more I thought this is great and with every hour I spent on the software I realised it was truly incredible. Some other softwares are good but PT Distinction is far more than just a software, it gives you everything you need to have a successful online training business. You can create any systems you like such as 7 day challenges, membership sites, free trials, flagship programs, 1-1 bespoke online training and more. You can coach your clients nutrition by video which adds that extra touch. I used to use meal plans for nutrition and clients didn't stick around long. Tim (the guy that runs PTD) suggested I try setting nutrition habits and added some video coaching, now my clients stay with me long term. That's another thing that makes PTD stand out, they know how to create online training businesses and they teach you everything you need to know and show you how to do it. If you join up and listen to what they have to tell you, you will do well, no doubt about it.... I started with 1 online client and now have 27 and getting new ones every week.

Pros

Amazing software. Help you get clients, grow and deliver a brilliant service.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Replied October 2016

Thanks for the great review Rob. Your success is down to your own hard work and application, but thank you for giving us some credit! I'm pleased your online business is going so well and continuing to grow. I see you mentioned the success map, it's amazing how many clients everyone that goes through it is getting!

Jeff from Total Body Running

So far this has been a great platform and I love the interface. Keep it up!

My clients get a very easy to use platform and they LOVE the app to look up their workouts. That sets this a part from most platforms.

Pros

I really like the functionality and the consistent updates. they really put a lot of into the site and it shows. Over time this will become, if not already, the best PT software in the world.

Cons

So far not much I don't like but it would be very nice to see some more endurance activity friendly areas of the platform. I just signed up for a free trial with Final Surge which is designed for running coaches and it's great. They don't have the same exercise library as PTD does and I will probably always keep PTD so I can work with general clients more as a personal trainer. As a running coach, which is what I'm putting my focus on right now, I will use Final Surge and then ask my clients to go to PTD for the exercises. Over time I will make my own videos so that my running clients don't need to shift back and forth. Their platform is great so I would honestly consider something like that because PTD will gain more coaches that way. Training Peaks is too expensive and Final Surge isn't so right now many endurance coaches are gravitating towards Final Surge from what my colleagues tell me. I'm sure there are more platforms that are great for endurance coaches but so far Final Surge has the nod in my opinion.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied October 2017

Thank you Jeff. As you mentioned our primary design is online training and online coaching but if we can improve our service for endurance coaches we are always open to suggestions. I think the recent integrations of MyZone and Fitbit should help with endurance athlete tracking and we have Garmin integration coming soon as well. If you have any exercise videos you want us to add or any specific improvements you would like to see feel free to drop us an email via the website contact from or to me directly tim@ptdistinction.com. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review.

Chris from DackAttack

PT Distinction - Bloody brilliant!

To have the ability to have a fully customised branded app to help track clients progress, habits, workouts and much more is amazing. It gives me a boost as a personal trainer, ensuring I am delivering a professional and personalised service to my clients. I have nothing but praise from all my clients, most of them think it's amazing that I have my own app. The system is ever evolving and updates are rolling out all the time. Just when you think it can't get any better a new feature appears. The representative and his team must be busy bees behind the scenes. The software has endless opportunities for set up. I am only scratching the surface with what this software can offer, but I know I can adapt and change it at any time. There is an extensive range of `how to' and coaching videos to ensure you are making the most of PTD. PTD takes the stress out of training online. By having the ability to automate, but keeping that personal touch, frees me up to spend time with my family and friends. The support is amazing. Any issues (usually finger trouble by me) are swiftly sorted. There is also a Facebook group to bounce ideas off other trainers and support each other through our fitness careers. I have used other PT software in the past and PT distinction pulls the pants down on them making them look ridiculous. It really is the bees knees!

Pros

Fully customised app The level of support The automated features The workout library Results tracking

Cons

I struggle to keep up with all the new features.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Ha ha, this might be my favourite quote of any review ever- "I have used other PT software in the past and PT distinction pulls the pants down on them making them look ridiculous." Thank you so much Chris.

Samuel from Full Armor Barbell

Exceptionally Versatile Personal Trainer/Coaching Software

Incredible software. If you are an online coach you need this. It can be overwhelming though because it can do just about everything. It almost has too many features, but you can choose how advanced you want to be with it.

Pros

You can do just about anything with it. It has an immense video library of exercises you can pull from to build programs for clients. Anything you want your clients to be doing you can schedule for them using PTD. They have a private Facebook page where the developers answer questions, which is very helpful.

Cons

VERY hard to use, at first. Takes some time to learn the basics and if you want to learn some of the more advanced features its going to be a while. Now that I understand it, it is awesome. There are still dozens of features I am not even using because I just don't have the time to try and figure them out.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the review Samuel. You're correct PT Distinction is the only software that does everything needed for quality online training. To make it crazy easy to use simply go to your clients dashboard and hit Add. From here you can add anything for your clients in just a couple of clicks.

Darla from Ms. New Booty Fitness, LLC.

Exceptional software for fitness professionals and clients

Love the product and have only had exceptional service.

Pros

I love the ability to individualize and implement future program changes all in a simple click of a button. I love that I can add "repeating" features on the schedule-such a time saver! Clients love the app as well.

Cons

I wish there were more features (i.e. manage client calendar, payments, etc) available through the mobile app from an admin perspective.

Reasons for Choosing PT Distinction

Better value and the look and feel of the website was more inviting.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the great review Darla. You can't manage clients via the app as there's simply too much depth for an app. However, if you login to the web portal on mobile it's as perfect as an app and allows you to manage everything for any of your clients, groups etc..

Margarette from Maggie's Movement

Amazing software and team!

When I first started with PT distinction, I was hesitant. I can honestly say this is the best thing I have done for my business. The PT Distinction team when I signed on was primarily a one man team. Now the team is growing and has created a Facebook community of the best and brightest trainers in the industry. They are always going above and beyond and are so kind and patient with their clients. They will not only answer my questions but even log in and fix the coding for me if I have trouble. There have been many recommendations for the software and they not only consider (and more often than not implement) these recommendations but actually ask for them. Are there areas the software can be improved? I am sure there are some but I am also sure that the representative and his team promptly will find a way to improve any area that the trainers they serve on ask. I cannot say enough. This team is honestly just as much business coaches as they are IT. They are constantly providing information to their trainers not only of how to use the software but ways to improve our abilities as trainers. I am so glad to have these guys and the rest of the PT Distinction trainers in my corner. You will not regret going with these guys.

Pros

Cons

Nutrition is lacking a little right now but an improvement to this is in the works.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thank you Margarette. I remember your reservations at the begging, it's been quite a journey since then! Lots more success to come your way.

January 2016

Tim from The Natural Balance UK

January 2016

Makes Me Look Brilliant

PT Distinction is different to many other software's as it is all about you. My clients login via my website, my apps are now my own (I.e I have my logo, name and own listing in the Apple and Android stores!), communications come from my email address, if clients print out a program it's my banner at the top! Even putting this level of customisation and branding asside it is still an unbelievable peice of software: - The exercise videos are the best looking videos online and are synchronised from front and side angles. - The tracking and charting of results is incredible. Multiple variables of any exercise compared on one graph....A true reflection of results. - You can create assessments, programs and emails then schedule them to be delivered to your client at a time and date that you want it to go. For me this means I can set up 3-4 months worth of client programs and assessments at one time and just let it happen (though if needed I can edit and change anything, anytime). I can then run an auto responder series of emails to guide, coach and encourage my clients. - The group's system is simply amazing! Put your coaching, programs, assessments, emails, coaching videos, questionnaires, meal plans, food diary etc...in to one coaching group and add the content to multiple clients accounts in 2 clicks!..I only use this for emails, a welcome video, some coaching videos and a few paleo recipe books but the potential with this is massive! - Then there is the ability to create totally automated packages and sell them to the world while I sit back and relax...... True passive income! I have so far got 2 automated programs, one for coaching cricket fast bowlers and another for weight loss. They are both low cost and can help almost anyone in the world...... This is great for me as my face to face PT prices are £120 per hour so I can now help anyone and not just the rich! - Add to all of this the latest feature that allows my clients to video themselves doing an exercise and then instantly view it alongside the correct demo video! My clients get instant feedback on their technique and the videos upload in to my account so that I can have a look and give my feedback as well. - All in all PT Distinction is amazing and every trainer who has pride in their own work and their own brand should use it.

Mark from OneTwoThrive

amazing product continues to improve and the service behind it will leave you speechless

ease of use, time saving, client friendly usability, cost efficient solution.

Pros

I've tried using a number of third party services in order to offer quality services to my clients and these guys at PTD are by far the best I've met in many years. Every third party provider makes amazing claims but few actually step up and deliver, these guys exceeded my expectations with regards to servicing my account, improving my knowledge of how to use the solution in order to help my clients and on top of all that, they're genuinely nice guys.

Cons

This is unfair as they are currently revamping their offering and the newer version sounds like it's going to be something very special indeed. A couple of things feel a little clunky at the moment but the fact that these guys are very fast in answering questions, offering help and are clearly genuine in their passion to help fitness pros the cons are basically washed out. I would've scored the product higher on the stars but the new version will likely answer any additional needs I may have.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the great review Mark.

June 2016

Bea from Wellness Warrior

June 2016

WOW this is incredible!

I tried a lot of softwares before starting my online business. I actually really liked a number of them, then I got to PT Distinction, I couldn't believe what was possible on this software. As I worked my way through the tutorial videos I just thought WOW this is incredible. The systems you can set up, the coaching you can produce and the branding are unbelievable. There are many great softwares for online training but PT Distinction simply blows them all away.

Pros

It has everything needed to be successful as an online personal trainer and coach.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that it takes a bit more time to set up than some other softwares. However, this is because it is branded 100% as my own so I need to put in my logos, descriptions, email address and integrate to my website. Well worth the small effort and now I have my own online platform.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied June 2016

Hi Bea, Thank you, I'm pleased your loving PT Distinction so much and it's helping you do so well with your online business. I think your right about the tutorial videos, it is too easy to miss them and with that totally miss out on seeing the power of PTD. We will set up some clickable walk throughs which are very obvious and guide trainers seamlessly. Thank you for your kind words and for your constructive feedback. Tim

Andrew from Andy Little Fitness

My Online PT Business Is Finally Growing Quickly Thanks To PT Distinction

The idea of online training has always appealed to me. Work from anywhere in the world, help more people and get known globally.... What's not to love!! The problem was that I struggled to get clients or even think of systems to manage and coach lots of clients online. I joined PT Distinction partly because of all the great reviews in Facebook groups and partly because of the extra support and help with business growth that they give. This turned out to be a great decision as I now have systems in place, a consistent flow of new clients coming in and I know exactly how to train and coach them online. I now have a solid online income and am helping more people online than I ever have face to face.

Pros

Designed specifically for online training and coaching. Help you with getting clients, setting up your online business and everything needed to deliver online coaching.

Cons

Takes a bit of time and effort to get it all setup and branded as your own. Worth it, though!

Response from PT Distinction

Replied December 2016

Thank you Andy, what an amazing review. This is exactly why we do what we do. Looks like your efforts are definitely being rewarded, well done, even bigger and better things to come for you.

Michael from Viper Fitness

The best software around

I reviewed every online training software available but PT Distinction was head and neck above the rest. There is not much I can't do in PTD and really makes running my business so much easier. It was so good I stared my month free trial and ended the free trial after about a week because I was so impressed I just wanted to start building my custom app and start building my business. The features and the functionality are great but they are accompanied by some of the best customer service I have ever encountered. Tim and the team are unbelievable, if I need an answer to a question the support is in place either through the closed Facebook group or direct message. I even had Ash contact me via hangouts to have a face to face chat to try and help answer any questions I may have and help get me set up quicker. The software and the service are second to none!!!!

Pros

Everything.... the fact that I can automate almost everything means that I am not limited to the amount of clients I can serve with out taking anything away front their experience and give them the best of me really gives me the ability to run a successful business and still have the time to spend with my kids. Not to mention the support Tim and the team provide is crazy!

Tracy from Austin Personal Training

Company should be called PT Awesomeness!

Can't recommend PT Distinction highly enough. The software is constantly evolving, taking into account what Personal Trainers (PT's) really want, need and require in terms of offering a better service to their clients. The FaceBook page offers support and even more importantly the representative listens to the PT's, responds directly to their questions and takes into account suggestions about his product. This in turn has meant that in even in the last few weeks PT Distinction has started offering some excellent software updates, is offering free training (pretty unheard of in this industry) and surrounded himself with experts who are taking the company forward. If you want to have complete trust in a company then PT Distinction is for you. They really do go the extra mile. I haven't met the representative in person, but such is his affinity and approachability with his customers that he has made me feel part of the PTD team. PTD offer a month's free trial so you can make your own mind up and see if it is a fit for you. Win Win.

Pros

That it is a go-to one stop shop.

Cons

It is a bit clunky in places and I have made a few time costly mistakes. It is not particularly easy to learn It doesn't automatically save as you work Having said the above, there are video's and now free training sessions

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Ha ha, like the title!! Thanks Tracy.

Super powerful platform with great customer service.

Made my business so much easier to run and helped me get better results for my clients.

Pros

Very flexible and powerful platform allowing you to coach clients in a way that is tailored not just to your clients but to you as a coach too. Mix that with the live masterclasses, training and incredible support your on to a win with PT Distinction.

Cons

Response from PT Distinction

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. The look in PT Distinction V3 (out soon) is the best in any software I've seen in any industry, we can't wait to show it to you.

Martin from FitmatePT

The best Online and Offline Coaching

I have been using PT distinction-PTD for about two years now and honestly, it is the best platform out there to deliver a high quality Online and even Offline fitness, nutrition and life-changing coaching. The support and customer service is awesome, the team from PTD always work on new improvements and upgrades and the response time is the best I have seen. I have tried many other products ( possibly all of them). I have a very critical eye as my goal is to deliver a highly effective, high quality but simple to use product for my clients and PTD does exactly that. IF you wondering which coaching software to use and feeling stuck, give PTD a go, try it for 30 day free, you have nothing to lose, and you feel love it. Martin Vanco

Pros

Quality Support Customer service Easy of use for clients Coaching capabilities Customisation Lots of features and constant innovation

Cons

Can't think of any

Response from PT Distinction

Replied April 2017

Thanks Martin!

Joanne from His & Hers Fitness

Joining PTD was the best thing I ever did for my PT business.

Joining PTD was the best thing I could have done for my PT business. It opened up so many opportunities for me and allows me to provide such a better service for my clients. My business has grown so much over the past couple of years and this is down to PTD. I would highly recommend it, you will not regret signing up.

Pros

Being able to coach more clients in one go. Setting this up is so simple.

Cons

The fact my WIX website is quite slow with the integration, however this will all be solved when the new version of the app is out for PTD which is very soon! PTD offer a mini site anyway so I use this at the moment until the release of the new app!

Response from PT Distinction

Replied January 2019

Thank you for such a great review Jo. I'm pleased we've played a small part in helping you, your clients, and your business.

Jenn from Epic Ascent Fitness and Training

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Best decision to advance my business!

PT Distinction has been the best decision I've made to advance my business. As a trainer, we're obviously limited in the number of people we can train by hours in the day. PTD allows me to train more people, and to train those outside my immediate area. The software is easy to use, and they really set you up for success with all of their training so you can maximizes the efficiency of the program. Customer service is top notch when you have a question, and they are always making improvements to the program based on feedback from the users. I looked at several different systems before using PTD, and this is hands down the most professional looking and effective program.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use. The training for users how to use all of the tools as grow your business - they don't just want you to know how to use the program, but to be a successful online personal trainer.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thank you Jenn!

Robert from Prime Fitness

You Won't Believe What This Software Can Do Until You Use It

Incredible. You can set up any systems you like on PT Distinction, this software is designed from top to bottom to make online personal trainers succeed, train many clients and do amazing things. The coaching they give you to go alongside the software is next level. If you're a personal trainer that wants to do well online this is the only software to use.

Pros

I set up an online challenge feeding in to a flagship product and then to a membership site in a few hours. They taught me how to set up every part of this service, to market my services and bring in clients. Incredible.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the great review Rob. I love the way you have set up your systems and am enjoying watching your client numbers grow. Well deserved success!

Gareth from Fitness Sherpa

The best online coaching software on the market.

I have been using this system for over a year and I thought it was good back then, but it just continues to get better and better with new developments coming on board all the time. The team behind PT Distinction really listen to the demands of the user base and act on feedback really quickly. It's crystal clear that they care about the product they deliver to you as the trainer and this allows you to provide a fantastic service and product to your clients which is the most important thing.

Pros

The flexibility to deliver excellent coaching to my clients remotely.

Cons

No real cons to speak of as any recommended improvements have been quickly implemented to date.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thank you for the great review Gareth. I love this piece of advice as it's so true - " make sure you take some time to learn the features of the system through the many video tutorials as it's power can be hidden away."

Chris from Empire Fitness

Excellent, convenient, premium service, next level

Ability to offer multiple services locally and remotely.

Pros

I love how it allows me to automate basically anything I'd like to whether it be emails, reminders, texts, workouts, check-ins, and instruction videos.

Cons

V3 hasn't launched yet, it doesn't update automatically for some users and kicks them out of the app while in use.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied November 2017

Thank you for the great review Chris. PT Distinction V3 will be well worth the wait, I promise!! It sounds like some of your clients may need to update their app as it shouldn't kick them out. Could you ask your clients to update to the most recent version please. If that doesn't solve the issue for every one of your clients then please drop us a message via the contact form and we will get another update sorted for you.

The only app any trainer needs to succeed online!

Pros

You can literally customize anything you need. From specific template workouts to deliverability of automated plans. They have thought of everything.

Cons

In the beginning there is a learning curve and you need to spend sometime getting used to it. But nothing of great quality dies;t take time to learn and once you have learned it everything is a breeze.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied April 2018

Thank you. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a great review.

Holly from Feel Great Online Training

Just Amazing!

I love PT Distinction. The features, the service, the way they help me grow my business are all just incredible.

Pros

Everything, saves me so much time, the software is better than any other and they truly care. They provide the best customer support I have ever seen.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thanks Holly for the fantastic review. More success coming for you for sure!

James from Fit to Last Limited

Best PT Software on the market, bar none

I have used or trialled the majority of training software products out there, and PT Distinction is hands down the bast available. The interface is clean, the support is truly extraordinary and they keep innovating. If you want to have the best support system for online, hybrid or 1:1 training, I can't recommend PT Distinction highly enough. Truly delighted with everything they are doing, and looking forward to growing with them.

Pros

Cons

Some coding involved, but besides that its amazing

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thanks James!

Francis from Your Personal Training

Couldn't be happier

I now have a good online coaching business and continue to grow. I can easily handle a lot of clients which is what I want to do as I love helping a lot of people.

Pros

It has everything you need to become an online personal trainer. They teach you how to get clients and their stuff works. As you learn more about the software you can handle a lot more clients than you can without it.

Cons

That the forms and questionnaires are only available online via my website and not in my app.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied June 2017

Thanks Francis. We're pleased to see you doing so well. Tim

Olly from Olly Rees

Best Online PT Software Out There (Without A Doubt)

Having tried various different online personal training platforms, PT Distinction is by far the most well-rounded and enjoyable software to use. I feel I can work really personally with my clients and the new schedule feature has been a huge plus for my clients. Something that really makes PTD stand out is everything around the software. Tim and the team work tirelessly to help you build an actual business rather than just an empty platform of great software. The insider content is always updated and I'm really looking forward to using PT Distinction for a long time and can't thank Tim and the team enough for really putting something fantastic together here. Thanks guys!

Pros

Solid platform with varying amounts of depth. Great content teaching you how to build a long-term sustainable online PT business.

Cons

None

Response from PT Distinction

Replied November 2016

Thank you Olly. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. I'm pleased your online business is growing and I'm sure it will continue to grow as you keep taking the right steps to make that happen. Thank you, Tim

Thomas from Genesis Health Clubs

A Training Must Have

I'm very pleased! Any and Every Personal Trainer should consider PT Distinction first! Love the ease of use along with updated features! I can easily stay in touch, manage my growth, and have all of my clients in the palm of my hand! Recommended!

Pros

Website Integration Having Fitbit and MyFitness Pal Integration Ease of Use Marketing Advise Workout Program Builder Nutrition Message Center Everything I can ask for

Cons

PT Distinction has been great the entire time!

Response from PT Distinction

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the great review Thomas.

James from James Taylor Fitness

Great software and support

It has helped me grow my online training business.

Pros

It has everything I need to set up and grow my online business in one place. I know with PT Distinction I can train as many clients as I want to, other platforms were to time consuming per client to go much beyond 15 clients . With this I can do a better coaching job in much less time. Customer service is great.

Cons

Nothing really. I think it could look more modern but I have heard something is in the pipeline for this and these guys don't mess around when they do upgrades so I'm looking forward to that.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied June 2017

Thank you James. I'm pleased to see we're helping you out and you got to find the true power of PT Distinction. You're correct, there is a new look in the pipeline which will coincide with a huge upgrade of the entire software to create what we're calling PT Distinction Version 3.

Sally from Fit With Sally

Very happy with PTD

My expertise lies in fitness, definitely not in technology. Having heard great reviews from others, I was keen to try out PT Distinction. I'll admit, it took a little learning but that's because I have zero ability with computers. With help from Tim's excellent tech team I was able to get my business off the ground much faster and easier than if I had gone it alone. Running my online fitness coaching business is now much less stressful thanks to PTD!

Pros

It streamlines the ability for my clients to access info - everything is in one place

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thanks Sally. To put assessments in to the app just add them to the record sheet. Your clients can then access them via the computer or the app, whichever is most convenient to them. I'm very pleased your online business is growing well, keep it going!!

Lauren from inner athlete UNLEASHED

June 2015

Just began using it last week and already love it!

I've been trying to start an online fitness coaching business and up until finding PT Distinction, I was uncomfortable with the fitness program delivery software I was using. What I was using up until this point did not allow for regular assessments, automations, special attachments and forms like the Par-Q to be filled out with ease. PT Distinction has all of those features which, in turn gives me the capability of building and delivering quality online coaching programs while also leveraging my time better. Also, I really appreciate all of extra value Tim has added through his online tutorials, tips, and resources on how to run and delivery a high-end online fitness coaching experience. I have yet to find another software program like this that has gone to those lengths to ensure their customers are successful. Through the YouTube tutorials I was able to explore the software before even signing up for the free trial--with every video I watched, I was blown away by the capabilities of this software and how easy it was to use. As corny as this may sound, I'm so glad I've found PT Distinction--I'm confident that it will help grow my business and help a lot of people. Also, I'm happy to be supporting a company that cares more so much about their customers success!

Kelly from Vital Fitness PT

Life saver!!

Using PT Distinction for my online and well as face to face clients made my life so much easier. My clients loved it and they gave me all the credit! Tim was always on hand to help me get the best out of the system and I really enjoyed being able to get a lot of work done for clients on auto-pilot. If you are starting out or a seasoned PT this will help you up your game and stand out from the crowd.

Pros

Easy to use, quick to get set up.

Cons

It was that you couldn't customise to your own branding.. but they fixed that!

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thanks Kelly!

Richard from Richard Evans Personal Training

Amazing software for online personal training and hybrid training

See above. It has helped me to become a better coach and train more clients.

Pros

The messaging centre is phenomenal. I can send or schedule text messages, in app messages and emails to individual clients and groups of clients in seconds. The impact this has had on my coaching is huge. I also love the flexibility of the software and program builder to do everything I want to do in the way I want to do it. My clients find it very easy to use.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to set up the website integrations and the app branding. This is not a massive problem as they show you how to do it and even do it with you live in the free Masterclass.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied June 2017

Thank you Richard. The messaging centre is one of my favourite features as well! Tim

WILLIE from www.urlifenowfitness.com

A fanastic program for delivering personal training services.

Pros

This app has an awesome exercise library and the company is constantly upgrading the features. PTD has more features than any other software that I checked out. It's great that you can put people into the program for a short trial period and not be charged. PTD also offers business business training.

Cons

The exercises in the library was done in England , so the names differ a little from our american exercise names and could be a little confusing to American clients not a problem you can always upload your own.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied June 2018

Thank you for such a great review Willie. FYI - In PT Distinction V3 (beta testing at the moment) you can change the names of the exercises if you wish to.... It's an incredible software that's a few years ahead of anything else.

September 2015

Dan from My Personal Trainer Website

September 2015

The Best Online Personal Training Software To Date

I've reviewed a LOT of online personal training softwares and PT Distinction stand head and shoulders above the rest in terms of practical application. Here's the problem with a lot of other PT softwares... They are full of exercises that clients can do in a GYM. Bench press, barbell squat, lat pull down etc. But the type of person that wants online training is the type of person who DOES NOT want to go to a gym. So the exercises need to reflect this. This is what PT Distinction have done very right. They've created an exercise library that requires very minimal equipment but still challenges the client. An example exercise is squat to reverse lunge (each leg), to burpee, to press up, to squat jump! These are the types of things a client can do at home. Also, it's important to note that if personal trainers give their clients a cheaper way to train in the gym... they'll take it. Even with the best fitness software in the world, they'll still struggle when it comes to technique. Training in the gym requires a personal trainer... Training at home (online personal training) requires PT Distinction.

Talk about ease of use

If you want to go from training in person to training online, this is the app to go with.

Pros

Able to stay on the know at anytime. Easy to build programs. End users enjoy the interface.

Cons

There is always updates. But those are essential to keep it going.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied September 2018

Thank you for the great review.

Darren from Fisical Therapy

Awesome Software

I can't rate PTD highly enough. I starting using PTD a few years ago, while i did me reasearch PTD came out on top. Evert time! The easy to follow step by steps from integration into website, mobile app, exercise video and automated email meant that I had my online program up and running in no time. The continued support has been second to none.

Pros

Easy to use, high quality videos, auto emails, payments received, mobile app

Ansley from Train and Flourish

PTD is the best software on the market with constantly improving updates& exemplary customer support

Ease and piece of mind.

Pros

-customizability -scalability -quality for exceptional price -constantly improving -immediate and personal user support -ease of implementing into business -branded and integrated into business -able to program exercises -able to build habit based coaching programs -clients are free for first 30 days -powerful automation features

Cons

Currently the learning curve of the UI and set up does take time, though they provide a large library of tutorial videos to help aid the process. The upcoming update has promising improvements to the UI.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied September 2017

Thank you for the great review Ansley.

Sam from Endure Stronger

Excellent

Pros

Really great bit of software that doesn't cost the earth and can meet any PT or coach's need. Responsive nad helpful staff.

Cons

Takes a while to get your head around all its features. Must use frequently to get used to it.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied May 2020

Thank you for the great review Sam!

Henry from HC

June 2015

Finally a software that allows me to be an online coach

The main reasons I love this software and its apps so much are twofold: 1) It can be completely customised as my own i.e it is integrated in to my website, all printouts have my branding on and all emails come from my email address. 2) It allows me to be an online coach rather than simply create some training programs and make a meal plan. PT Distinction allows me to make and share coaching videos and articles via my login protected website and the apps. It also allows me to do proper assessments and get all forms easily filled in and filed neatly. Further to that it gives tools to motivate clients and to keep them accountable. All this means that I can closely replicate my face to face PT service online. Also through their emails, blogs and YouTube channel they truly go the extra mile in educating trainers on how to get the best from the software and how to build a successful online training business. I have picked up 9 clients from the stuff they taught me (for free) in the last 3 months.

chris from Innerfit

Exceptional Service

I'm just getting to grips with setting up my own online coaching business and have found the service and functionality PTDistinction to be exceptional. Tim and team are super-responsive and always willing to go the extra mile to help me succeed.

Pros

easy, intuitive, great service

Cons

the branding somewhat jars with my own Innerfit branding. More flexibility on the look and feel within the PTD portal itself would be good.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied December 2016

Thank you for the great review Chris. Regarding the branding; Everything can be branded and edited as your own. You can integrate in to your website and chose your own colours and setup. You can also set up your own app with your own colours, images, logo, name, app description etc.. If you login and click on the "Customise" icon it shows you how to do all of that. If you have any problems just ping us an email and we'll get it all sorted.

Elisa from Estudios

Fantastic software with excellent customer service

Really helps keep online training clients organized.

Pros

This software is great, keeps you well organized and is really easy to use. The customer service is amazing. Any time I had an issue, they would get back to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

I had great experiences with this software, however if I had to pick, I would just have to say that it is primarily focused towards online personal trainers instead of in studio trainers.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied July 2018

Thank you for the great review Elisa. I'm really pleased you're enjoying the software and can't wait to show you V3! Tim

Egg from Egg Coaching

Best customer support and very responsive to feedback

This is a really nifty program which does a lot more than you think on first appearances. They've recently launched a masterclass series which will assist with understanding, the program can do a lot but is not always entirely intuitive. If you're willing to put the time in with this and make it your own, it's an excellent program which looks highly professional at a VERY reasonable price. The support you get from Tim and his team is second to none, they respond quickly to all enquiries and take on feedback from users to make regular improvements. I would really recommend PT Distinction.

Pros

Professional look, price, support

Cons

Ease of use, unable to edit templates

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thanks Egg, I think the masterclasses will really help you out. BTW - You can edit and change any templates, let me know what type of templates you're making and we will make you a video to show how.

Adonis from FocusfitnessbyAdonis

Overall great

Signed up about 2 weeks and it's great just still trying to set up everything. It could be better in that sense.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thanks for the review Adonis. Getting set up if you are completely branding your app, integrating the software in to your website, integrating your email address and setting up your branding on print outs can certainly be the hardest part. However, we do feel it is a great thing to offer you these options. You should definitely get yourself signed up to the live masterclasses we have just set up for all members and trialists as these will get you all set up with your entire online training service in a very short time. After this you will be blown away by what PT Distinction can help you do, how great it can make you look and how much time it can save you. I look forward to seeing your successful journey progress.

April 2015

Martin from Martin Davis Personal Training

April 2015

Changed my PT business completely!

Since using pt Distinction I've been able to pick up a decent amount of online clients, which has completely changed my business. Once you work through the tutorials provided it's pretty easy to work your way around the site and my clients have commented on how great the product is that they see. The hardest part of online training is drumming up business but they even give you a hand with doing that! They sell it as a way to earn more money while not putting in the early mornings and late nights that we have to deal with as PTs with face to face clients and I'm discovering that to be true. I'm spending less time travelling from client to client and more time with my wifea and children, which I'm obviously delighted about. All in all I'd definitely recommend that any decent trainer signs up to PT Distinction, you can only benefit from it!

Erin from Vitality Central LLC

Fantastic Customer Support and Always Improving Features and Functions

Super quick and great customer support from the CEO himself on the Facebook page. Constantly making upgrades (for free) based on user requests. Endless possibilities with the app once you play around with it a bit and figure out all you can do with it. Allows you to really coach as opposed to just write programs.

Pros

Everything!

Cons

It has potential to offer so much that it is a bit overwhelming at first .... BUT .... they just started offering free Masterclasses on how to use the software.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied March 2017

Thank you Erin.

Jamaal from Brick Bodies Fitness Services, Inc.

Best software for my nutrition clients

It has never been easier to help my clients and for them to be involved!

Pros

I began using this software for my nutrition clients and it has been wonderful! The initial process to begin using PT Distinction was seamless and I love how it is fully customizable which is perfect as each client is different and has different needs. My clients love that they are unable to interact and stay up to date with all of the information.

Cons

The updates I've seen since using PT Distinction have been excellent so there hasn't been anything I dislike, as the software is constantly evolving.

Response from PT Distinction

Replied August 2019

Thank you for an awesome review Jamaal. I'm pleased we're playing a small part in helping you provide such a great service to your clients.

Chris from The CJ Rubric

I've tried a few different apps but this one had everything I needed under one program

I've tried other apps like trainerize and train heroic and PTD blew them out of the park way back when I started using it in 2014. With the updates that have come since, it is a no brainer for the coaching that I do. We use it for: - Programs - Nutrition coaching courses - Habit tracking - Email support - Measurements - Food journalling. - Gratitude Journalling. These are the main things, there are many more individual changes we make to the app depending on the client. The customisation is what I like about it the most. With the planned updates coming to the app, this will be the ultimate tool to help create an environment for your clients to make positive behaviour change