All PT Distinction Reviews

I love the software

Chandler

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great training software for fitness and heath professionals

Wonderful software and I highly recommend it to health and fitness professionals who want to grow and scale an online business or in person.

Pros

PT distinction makes life incredibly easy when managing a book of online clients from check ins to content delivery.

Cons

Sometimes the support is rather difficult to work with and takes days upon days to figure problems out.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Chandler. We're pleased you love to software. Sorry our support has been slow for you, we generally answer all helpdask questions within a couple of hours and aim to have solutions at the first response. Occasionally our team does need to investigate further which can take a little more time, when this happens we still aim to have the solution with you in one business day. Thank you, and once again we're pleased you love the software!

Replied September 2020

The best online training software!

PT Distinction has saved me enormous amounts of time when it comes to programming workouts for my online clients. I can programme months in advance very quickly. This is a huge benefit to me.

Pros

The workout builder is by far the best and easiest to use of all the softwares I have tried. The app is so simple to use and provides everything I need for my online coaching business.

Cons

No- I love it all! However, the only thing I would suggest is perhaps creating a meal plan within the app itself.

Reasons for choosing PT Distinction

I chose PT Distinction over alternative competitors for a number of reasons: 1) The workout builder is by far the easiest to use out of them all! 2) There is no additional fee to build/customise the app. 3) The highly efficient support team that respond to queries very swiftly.

Reasons for switching to PT Distinction

The workout builder on My PT Hub is very difficult to use in comparison. They also charge you to build/customise the app. PT Distinction include this in the price of subscription!

Buyer Beware - There are better options out there

PTD was the first software/app I used with my coaching business and it was just that - fine for a beginner. However, now that my team has grown and the number of clients we serve has grown, it's time to step up my game. PTD is lacking on so many fronts. Yes, PTD offers many great features, but if those features aren't reliably working in the app, then what's the point of having them? I've sent countless emails to PTD's support, none of which are taken seriously. The app looks like it was dated back to the first iPhone, and is SO SLOW. The messenger within the app doesn't automatically refresh and constantly freezes or takes minutes to load. PTD has alot of potential, but until the owners/developers start listening to their customers and improving the functionality of the app, they will lose customers. There are MUCH better options out there at similar price points that far exceed the performance of PTD.

Pros

PTD has plenty of solid features. The scheduled messaging function is great, the nutrition and habit coaching is good, the ability to separate and store content like videos, PDFs, etc into groups is nice.

Cons

The UI of the app is pretty bad for clients. I've had countless clients complain to me that the app is slow, or continues to freeze, or randomly crashes. Push notifications are spotty at best, even with all settings turned on in appropriate places. I've reached out to PTD's support numerous times and they always blame the client's phone. Customer support itself is lacking with this company.

Reasons for choosing PT Distinction

I wouldn't. I recommend checking out Everfit instead of PTD. The developers and customer service at Everfit is AWESOME and the app is leaps and bounds better than the Online Personal Training/PTD app. The team at Everfit is always adding new features to make it the best software out there. For similar price points, give your clients the level of service they deserve by using a reliable app like Everfit.

Nik

November 2022

The best app I've used so far

Overall awesome experience!

Pros

The app provides a lot of great features and is very easy to use. Plus, they have a very responsive customer service that goes above and beyond to help with any potential issues.

Cons

Nothing really. Maybe the only thing is that their packages are the best primarily for those coaches who have 15-20+ clients.

More features and customization

Dylan

Highly recommended

Pros

Pt Distinction has checked off all boxes for me and my business. My clients love the ease of use within my own branded app that they provided me. They use the system for all their workouts, and I fully believe that their progress has been impacted by the fact that they have an easy to use program that I can adjust, and vary because there are hundreds of different workouts that I can add.

Cons

My clients haven't had any issues with the software at all, so since they are happy, I am very happy with everything provided.

Reasons for choosing PT Distinction

Used a trial, and got hooked

Reasons for switching to PT Distinction

Needed more variations of workouts, and I wasn't a huge fan of how their software was laid out. I feel like I could create workouts quicker, and provide better programs for my clients as well now with Pt distinction.

Tina

August 2022

Finally found MY training software, worth the monthly price.

Overall very positive, I have been looking for a software that combines both the holistic programming features I wanted with strong business features with a great user interface with no glitches or bugs. I definitely found my software

Pros

What I liked the most was the combination of business features AND back-end programming features that help save time. The programming features such as the habit tracker, workout builder and pre-made programs are all very helpful to make day to tay tasks for client programs efficient and effective.

Cons

The business features did take a little more time to set up than some others I have had in the past but it was worth it to incorporate the WordPress divi builder website integration. The instructions and online support also helped mitigate any confusion but there was some.

Reasons for switching to PT Distinction

Cost for MY PT Hub was just about as much as I am currently paying for PT Distinction but had too many software errors. And Truecoach has a better price but doesn't have nearly as many programming or business features as PT Distinction.

Mona

June 2022

Would highly recommend PTD for personal trainers & online coaches

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it is very complete. The habit tracking feature and other features make it easy as a coach to keep an overview and facilitates communication with your clients. Building programs is also very convenient. Although the exercise library could use an update with more exercises, it is always possible to add your own in a very easy way with a YouTube or Vimeo link.

Cons

It takes a little effort before you get familiar with the structure of the app (for example: most clients don't see that there are 2 views in the app at first). However, the explanation videos provided by PTD are very clear and helpful.

Reasons for choosing PT Distinction

I focus highly on habit coaching with my clients. Therefore, the habit tracking feature in PTD convinced me to consider this software. Also, I heard good things about the software and its customer support from other coaches.

Marci

August 2022

Amazing Product!

I have had a wonderful experience with PTD. My clients love it as I do too

Pros

The ease of programming clients. The ease of onboarding clients. Ease of communication with clients via the app.

Cons

I don't like that trainers don't have their own access to the app without having to sign up as a client.

Reasons for switching to PT Distinction

PTD had better options and ease of products of which I could use and customize

Ben

December 2022

PTD Distinction Review

Very good. Improved client service.

Pros

Scheduling & daily habits/targets on client dashboard.

Cons

Clients able to view their workouts that have been logged/recorded.

Reasons for choosing PT Distinction

I prefer the aesthetic on my end as well as the client’s end.

Response from PT Distinction

Hi Ben, Thank you for the great review. Clients can see all of their logged workouts by going to Programs, opening the workout and clicking the chart icon on any exercise to see all previous results.

Replied December 2022

Juan

December 2022

Great experience

It was good

Pros

The design and many different features the app offers

Cons

It's hard to track different data. And you have to create a whole different process. This software isn't that easy to use

Mentors recommended this software

Response from PT Distinction

Hi Juan, Thank you for the positive review. To check all clients data simply view the Activity feed on your main dashboard, you can filter this for any item you like and click for long term details. Tracking clients data incredibly quickly is one of the most popular features on PT Distinction. I can't find you in our database so am not sure when you were a member. From your review it was likely a long time ago, feel free to grab another free trial and check out all of the awesome upgrades.

Replied December 2022

Ryan

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Excellent software for online training, best out there

No problems at all, whenever I've had a question the response was fast

Pros

I believe this is the best software available today for online personal training (but not for live, in-person training, so if you need that look at PT Enhance or My PT Hub). Includes your own branded app that lets clients do their assigned workouts and lets the trainer view video of clients performing movements, which to me was a must-have feature (there are only 1-2 other software providers that currently have this, and their feature sets are not as good as PTD). PTD also lets all of your clients use the software for free for the first 30 days, a must if you are going to run online challenges. PTD even has tons of free resources about how to be successful as an online trainer. To me they are a no-brainer.

Cons

They do not integrate the trainer's calendar with Google calendar, Apple etc which makes it not great for in-person training (but they don't market this software for that anyway, they market it as being great for online training. So I'm not sure if it's fair to call that a Con.) Also as of this writing the Android app is not fully functional compared to the Apple app, which means my clients with Android phones are often better off using the web browser on their phone rather than the app. Other than that I can't think of any negatives, love this software.

Reasons for choosing PT Distinction

With all the amazing features and support, I believe PT Distinction is the best choice by far for online training. I use another provider (PT Enhance) for in-person training; it is expensive and inconvenient having 2 software providers but I want all of my clients to have the best possible experience.

Reasons for switching to PT Distinction

My PT Hub did not allow clients to easily video themselves performing all the exercises as prescribed, right within the app. To me this is a must-have feature

Amber

The Best Personal Training Software

Overall, PTDistinction is a fantastic platform. I won't name names, but before I found PTDistinction, I tried out 4 other (well-known) platforms and none of the others come close as far as features and ease of use. I spend half the time doing the same work as on any of the platforms and PT Distinction has many more features.

Pros

PTDistinction pros? Where do I start? Ease of use: Absolutely. I love that features are easy to find and simple to use. I can tab through fields and add things quickly. I can set out whole programs and launch them for clients easily. Lots of features: I have found that there is almost no limit to the types of things that I can add for clients. Any type of habit tracking, template, coaching resources, assessments and on. And unlike some other platforms I tried, more features does not make this platform any less streamlined. Tons of exercises. And if there is an exercise not already in the database, it's incredibly easy to add. I also used to use a second platform for nutrition coaching, but I can do everything in PTDistinction now.

Cons

The only things that I could want for is messaging notifications and app availability. I would prefer if the app would give notifications when my clients message me. However, without having an app available for the coaches side this isn't available. The app be valuable for when I need to use the platform on the go from my phone. I often pull up a client's workouts during in person sessions and I currently have to do that from the web browser, which is less than ideal.

Reasons for switching to PT Distinction

PTDistinction saves me tons of time and offers many more features

Tom

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The most comprehensive fitness software you will find.

Pros

I love that I can do anything I need/want to do for my business. I can design programs in minutes. I can make changes that update across multiple clients at once. I can customize exercises, forms, assessments in addition to adding pdfs and tutorials. I have been able to customize a nearly year-long habit-based nutrition program that offers daily lessons and bi-weekly habits.

Cons

The only con is there is a bit of a learning curve with the software. Once you spend some time with it, I find it user-friendly but this can be overwhelming in the beginning.

Reasons for choosing PT Distinction

I chose PTD because it offered all the features, functions and customization that I wanted for my business.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Tom. I'm pleased we're playing a small role in your success.

Replied February 2020

Paige

Looks professional

I love that my clients receive branded notifications - I also love that paperwork is no longer necessary. So many good features on this software. The Facebook support group also provides a good two-way communication between users and developers.

Pros

Not paying additional cost for app. It adds so much value to my face-to-face clients and I am now looking to grow my business online as I believe I can provide an even better service and value for money as an online coach.

Cons

Navigation around site could be simpler. I would also like to see an app for the PT end which allows you to do everything you can do on the desktop version - for example, I'd like to be able to amend programs, comment on food diary etc on a mobile device instead of solely my laptop.

Reasons for choosing PT Distinction

I chose PT Distinction because the branded app came as part of the subscription and wasn't a large additional cost.

Response from PT Distinction

Thank you for the great review Paige. Navigation should be very simple, all you need to know is this; - To give something to a client go to the clients dashboard and click Add. - To give something to a group of clients go to a group dashboard and click Add. - To add a template go to Templates, chose the type and click Add. You can also do everything as a trainer on your phone, simply login to the web portal on your mobile and it loads up the web app which has all trainer features at the palm of your hand. We're very happy you love all of the features and your custom apps!

Replied January 2021