Browse Adobe Photoshop Reviews

Jakub from GHV Trading

December 2021

Edit the image however you want - whether at work or for fun

Within our organization, thanks to photoshop, we do not have to hire an external marketing organization. We will prepare all advertising materials ourselves. There are a lot of pictures in our catalogs, again thanks to the photoshop we will adapt all the pictures to the required size and format.

Pros

Whether you need to remove Grandma's wart from her face, or you need to paint your grandfather's more thick beard, it's up to you and your imagination to create everything with Photoshop. What I like most about Photoshop is that nothing is a limit for you and everything is just a matter of imagination. You can create whatever you can think of.

Cons

There is nothing I would not be happy with in Photoshop. Some tools, such as auto-cropping images to erase the background, aren't 100% complete, but it's still better than most other tools.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

GIMP is good at the moment if you're new to graphical editing and you don't mind a relatively simple environment with limited features. And this limitation in the form of lack of functions is very insufficient, especially for the commercial sector, so we switched to the package from Adobe.

Jeremy from palebluedot

Industry Leader for a Reason

Photoshop has been my bread and butter editing app for decades. Its controls and keyboard shortcuts are so second-nature to me now, that it's hard to imagine using anything else. That being said, PS is bloated and sluggish sometimes, and speedy, lighter apps like Affinity Photo are nipping at Adobe's heels.

Pros

Photoshop invented digital image editing and it's no surprise that users like myself have stuck with it for 20 years. Photoshop can be easy for a beginner, but the level of control for a professional is unrivalled. And its new AI features are making tedious things like object-masking and portraits a breeze.

Cons

Adobe software is bloated and sluggish sometimes. The application files are massive, and users will find themselves staring at a splash screen for a long time before the application loads. Save as/Export dialogs are very sluggish. The whole Adobe Cloud subscription model is expensive, with an invasive background app that is very difficult to uninstall.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Since I've been using Photoshop for so long, and that it integrates tightly with other CC apps like Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere, it's hard to switch to anything else.

sipho from Bamuhustle

The experience

Its a great software i have help a lot of up coming company with there branding.

Pros

it's is a great tool to creat and edit images.With it's marvellous ability to have almost every single too that you would require to edit images.IT can be installed on multiple operating system from windows,android,ipad etc.its tremandous ability to support almost all image formats and its also had the ability to edit video.

Cons

Not every one can afford the monthly or yearly subscription payment.You need a p.c with good specs to avode problems when rendering some high-guality graphics.

Kimberly from Algonquin College

Industry: Animation

Photoshop Review

I love it compared to other programs that I have used! It definitely sped up my workflow and I've improved a lot while using Photoshop. I love that it gives you lots of room to experiment with different looks and brushes. However, I feel that after I have graduated from school, I may have to switch to another program due to the price. It is a subscription price while there are plenty of other programs that are a one-time only purchase.

Pros

Right off the bat I loved that this program had pressure sensitivity and a variety of brushes that come with the program. I also love that you can download a variety of brushes from the Adobe website with an account (I adore the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] brushes and use them often). I love that you can change the image size and DPI very easily, and that it is quite easy to navigate. It was not much of a learning curve for me to figure out the program. I love the pen tool and I use it often. I love that you are able to make a brush stroke along the path that you make with the pen tool and it has saved me a lot of time.

Cons

I think the line control could use some improvement. I find it difficult to make a clean, non-shaky line especially if I haven't done it in a while. I have heard from many people that Clip Studio Paint is much better than Photoshop in this aspect. I also don't like that on a Mac, which is what I use, dragging a window off of the main Photoshop window will result in it going behind the main window after you click back on it. On a Windows computer, it will stay floating in front of the main window. I've had to resort to making windows smaller and/or using the multiple stacking window option because of this. I also dislike how in the newest version of Photoshop, the "pixel" function has been removed from the Line Tool. It was definitely a good and quick way to draw a line.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I wanted to improve my illustrations and I found that I had hit a wall in GIMP.

Goran from Zagreb iTV

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best in the field but also the most expensive

I have been using Photoshop since I was in my early teens and have learned all I know about design and photo manipulation in Photoshop. It is the best at what it does and it rarely, if ever, has any errors that would disturb the workflow. With that in mind, I can recommend it to industry professionals and hobbyists who can afford the pricy subscription.

Pros

Photoshop is the best photo manipulation software and the industry standard. The updates are frequent and introduce new functionality that improves the software.

Cons

Photoshop works on a subscription model and the subscription is on the pricier side. It is, though, bundled with other apps, but if you just want to use one, you can't.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

I checked a few competitors at the time when I was first deciding on Photoshop, but it was the best and there was no suitable replacement.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I started working with GIMP but switched over to Photoshop just because Photoshop is the industry standard.

Sean from Tempered Steel Designs

Graphic Design and Editing made easy.

My overall experience is very good, I've done some interesting projects with Photoshop which I could have done in other software or it would have taken me longer. I haven't had too many issues that I needed assistance with except for billing, where I got billed twice but it was resolved in a reasonable amount of time. It took me several days, initially, to figure out some of the quirks and features of Photoshop, of which, I mostly had to look on Youtube for tips and tricks.

Pros

Photoshop is the best graphic design tool on the market, this software offers so much content and tools that help you design whatever you want that I couldn't possibly go to another software. The library and templates offered, make life so much easier with various different aspects of design, from images to your own custom designs.

Cons

customer support isn't the most helpful or punctual and it tends to take several emails to resolve tickets. The software is difficult to use and some of what you get out of its Help Wizard can confuse you, even more, the biggest obstacle for any general user is the user interface, there are just so many buttons, for some, it can be overwhelming, while those like me with trying each button to see what they do.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Although Canva is great tool for those who aren't as creative or are starting out. It doesn't offer the editing capabilities of Photoshop, especially when making your own unique style.

giselle from tova design

must have software for editors!

This software is very useful for me because I use it for graphic design, photography editions and digital draws so it helps in all the areas that my company works with.

Pros

theres so much information about how to use this software and the interface is very instinctive to use. Has a lot of compatibility with all the presets and templates in other platforms. The amount of tools that have is huge and is very useful for our company.

Cons

requires to know how to use the software because there is some specific functions that are not so easy no do but nothing that on internet can't solve.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

beacuse there's so much more free information on the internet about how to use this software so for my company is very convenient because saves time and money on personal training.

Luba from Darn Pottery

Photoshop runs our business

We have been using Photoshop to design and illustrate merchandise for almost 15 years. It is tough to learn but luckily, there are many resources online.

Pros

After a steep learning curve, (really steep) you come to the conclusion that there is literally nothing you cannot do with Photoshop when it comes to image editing, drawing, design... Recent upgrades include excellent tutorials - which is a huge plus.

Cons

It is extremely expensive for small firms like ours. Photoshop comes either alone (for a year) or as part of a huge bundle that costs a fortune. There is no way to individually select several applications and pay a reasonable fee.

Its seamless integration with InDesign, Acrobat and Illustrator

Miguel from Home Zone Furniture

Industry: Furniture

Photoshop saves your business time

Fantastic always performs well. No matter what kind of workload.

Pros

I really appreciate that you can record actions on this software. This eliminates time from hand jamming the entire photo retouching experience. I really enjoy the array of work you can do on this software. From skin retouching to color accuracy for products this software handles raster images very well. Adobe Camera Raw is also great for manipulating colors prior to print.

Cons

Nothing really bad I can say about this. It doesn't deal with vector images, but that is what Adobe Illustrator is for.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

It was more reliable and more people supported the files.

Monique from DC Accounting

Great for Graphic Designs

The experience overall has been great

Pros

I like that have the opportunity to create my own designs with my own style and creativity

Cons

So far I do not have any issues using this program

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop had a wider range of editing abilities

Glen from The Local Business Promoter

Adobe Photoshop is a must for business

I have been using Adobe Photoshop for well over 20 years. When I first starting using it, you had to purchase a one time license for it. This was quite expensive for the time. For the last several years they have been using a subscription model that comes with a free trial. I also like the fact that they have package options which bundle several Adobe products together so you can get everything you need in one stop. That being said, Adobe Photoshop is the best program of it's kind out there, but some of Adobe's other programs are still behind industry leaders. I also use Gimp from time to time and Blender. Gimp's interface is not good to say the least and although Blender is a very good program, you have to be an expert to use it.

Pros

* Works seamlessly with all Adobe Cloud programs * Is the industry standard * Has a free trial * Has a monthly subscription which keeps costs down

Cons

* Can be a bit overwhelming for beginners * Poor customer service in regards to billing issues

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop has a much better interface. Everything is in one place instead of having to go from screen to screen.

Dalmir from Bee Relentless

Productivity software

So far I have nothing to complain about, I have had a good experience working with Adobe Photoshop in these 4 years and I just want the company to keep improving their software to provide a better experience for all users.

Pros

I'm a Designer for 4 years and Adobe Photoshop was already a headache for me in my beginning phase as a Graphic Designer, the software itself helps you to be creative as it has so many tools and a creative ecosystem to inspire users, it's amazing how you can take your idea of the mind and materialize it in an image, Adobe has my congratulations.

Cons

I never stop considering myself a beginner, because I know what it's like to not have the budget to invest in the best programs to improve your work, as a professional this is frustrating, Adobe could create a package for beginners designers where after evolving they would feel the need to migrate to the normal package would be of great help! And I wish it wasn't just 2 GB of cloud, for basics it could be 5 to 6 GB, 2 GB ends up too fast, PSD files create a lot of cache files in the computer's memory and fill up the memory fast, it would be fair to give more GB of cloud.

Nicole from University of Miami

December 2021

One of the best Applications out there

Overall, I love the strong capabilities this program has, I use it on the daily creating graphics and short animations with music even for some clients. It's been a powerful tool in my daily work and it continues to improve and make life easier for us designers.

Pros

I love the ease of use of the interface. I have been using Adobe Photoshop for about 15 years and everytime it gets better and better. The company has really made it so that the user has the best experience and all the tutorials help learn new tools and how they are used. I love the crop tool and how it has become so much powerful to silhouette images and fine lines like hair.

Cons

I wish the help tool would be more detailed in information, maybe opening a tutorial by Adobe on how to to use new tools like the puppet wrap, it still an elusive tool to me

Tanice from University of Technology

"Picture perfect"

Pros

In a time when everything has to be picture perfect, photoshop is the best graphic software I have ever used. I am able to do so much, not just photo retouching, but I am also able to create professional looking graphic designs. I am able to save money that I'd spend having persons retouch and redo my photos, create graphics and contents for social media because of this software. I would recommend this software to everyone, as it can be used both for personal and professional use.

Cons

The software is not so user friendly so its very time consuming learning how to use the app.

Cushi from Raising Consciousness

My Favorite graphic design and image editing software

I use Photoshop to make graphics for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, website design, business cards, t-shirts and more. Almost any visual creation that my business requires is made by me in Photoshop. I also still do some freelance designing, and photoshop is always my go-to. It's reliable, powerful, technical and feature-rich. The only reason I would not recommend it as a first choice to most people is because most people are looking for an easier to use solution like Canva.

Pros

I love that photoshop is accessible at $9.99 per month with lightroom and storage as a part of the package. I love the endless tools and various ways to combine them to create masterpieces. Photoshop gives the user complete control over their artwork, as opposed to say, a Canva. Photoshop is definitely for professionals who want full technical control over their work.

Cons

What I like least is that the only option for integrated cloud storage is Adobe's Creative Cloud. Having the ability to save directly to Google Drive - or any other major cloud platform would be an invaluable timesaver and productivity booster.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

I have over a decade of experience using Photoshop, so when the opportunity came to reconsider my design solution, it was an easy choice. I prefer the interface over Affinity and with the technical limitations of Canva, it was clear that Photoshop would be the best bet for me going forward (although I do LOVE the idea of only paying for Affinity once... I might give that another shot...).

Meheli from STUDENT

Adobe Photoshop Review

Would it be advisable for me to get Photoshop? That depends. Assuming you are searching for proficient grade programming and need to work in the expert visual computerization space, learn Photoshop. It's an incredible instrument that many individuals in this industry use to make and wonderful their plans. Realizing the program will assist you with learning new projects in the future too. Assuming you are a specialist, I suggest utilizing GIMP or Krita. Why? Photoshop membership charges add up rapidly, and free projects can do a considerable lot of Photoshop's primary elements.

Pros

PROS Consistent Updates: Adobe offers ordinary updates, fixing bugs, refining instruments, and adding more highlights. The consistent updates keep the application cutthroat on the lookout. Wide Usage: Millions of individuals use Adobe Photoshop, making it a practically all inclusive language among creators and specialists, extraordinary for joint effort. Consistent Compatibility with Other Adobe Programs: Photoshop works agreeably with the other Adobe applications, incredible for makers who need to hop between programs. For instance, a film editorial manager working in Premiere might have to alter a photograph still from a film. They could then leap to Photoshop, modifying, and completing the photograph. Every Adobe application dominates in its picked medium, making the full Creative Cloud suite a tool compartment available to you. Fantastic Range of Features: You can do nearly anything in this application, from activity, 3D plan, photograph correcting, to considerably more. Photoshop has improved enormously and extended many devices to the forces to be reckoned with they are today.

Cons

Cons Costly: Photoshop should be paid for through a perpetual membership. It is absolutely impossible to buy the product by and large, an enormous channel on makers who continually then need to dish out many dollars to utilize programming that turns into a crucial piece of their inventive framework. Overpowering Toolset: The quantity of Photoshop highlights can be overpowering on occasion, particularly for novices learning the application. While the component list is mind boggling, there will frequently be sets of instruments that creatives never contact, contingent upon their specialty. Troublesome Learning Curve: Bouncing off the most recent point, Photoshop is a monster to learn. Indeed, even veterans should keep watching instructional exercises to stay aware of the new updates and get familiar with the new elements. The steady condition of learning can be a lot for certain clients.

Dragan from Dragan Stevanović

Industry: Import and Export

Still most expensive, and still the best and most reliable

Overall, Photoshop is still my go-to when it comes to editing. I enjoy working in it. At first, it was a little hard to get a hang of all the features, but once I started learning from experts on YT, it became a lot easier. Although it's a little pricey compared to other programs, I believe it is still the most reliable and most versatile platform there is.

Pros

Photoshop is the most versatile program for photo editing. The range alone makes it worthwhile, and provides for excellent service. I like the pre-set features, but also the ability to customize most of them. Additionally, it is the industry standard, and as such, it it important for everyone dealing with content, marketing, graphic design. Recent updates to the Creative Cloud ensured its stability, so it's probably the safest program for your work. Additionally, there is a rich community that teaches you how to use all the tools in new ways.

Cons

The program itself is still a little pricey compared to similar programs, but I managed to get it on a student discount subscription. It takes a while to get a hang on, but once you have a few tools, and learn how to expand on those, it becomes pretty self-explanatory.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is still the industry standard – and the majority of courses, tutorials, and collaboration projects are designed around it. It also connects nicely to other apps and programs, so it is indispensable for work.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Although Luminar has some very interesting features and powerful AI, I thought that the output quality was below Adobe Photoshop.

Eero from Vedenpuhdistin.fi

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Top tool for image creation and editing

I use Photoshop for editing photos, brochure and ad design, banner creation, and much more. It (with few other Adobe programs) helps me to get all graphic design things done, and some hobby projects too.

Pros

Photoshop has all the functionality one might need for graphic design, image editing, photography, both for work and hobby. I like the speed and how the tools are, they really help and save my time for more important things.

Cons

The only times when I turn to some other software are 1) when I want to sharpen the images, I rather use another software and 2) for digital painting, if I want a more traditional look, Corel Painter is better. Apart from this, Photoshop is the king. Competitors are not far behind though, and what I like the least in Photoshop is the pricing model. I prefer to buy the software once and use it (for years) without necessarily buying upgrades. Adobe's pricing model is good for short-term users and those who want constant upgrades. For long-term users who can live without the newest upgrades, this pricing policy is really bad.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

I chose Photoshop because it has the best functionalities for photo editing. However, I still use Corel Painter for digital painting and sometimes Clip Studio too. GIMP was too weak when it comes to functionality and speed so I ditched it, hoping it will evolve in the future. CorelDraw didn't offer what Photoshop did. For vectors I ended up using Adobe Illustrator.

Anthony from Auto City Sales

Photoshop in a Professional Setting

I utilize Photoshop daily in the work that I do whether that be actual graphic design or photo editing for my job. As an experienced user (from CS to present day CC) I understand where Creative Cloud is going in terms of making certain workflows and processes simple and more effective. However, in regards to that, it also seems like it leaves certain experienced individuals running around trying to figure out where some of the tools they've utilized have mysteriously disappeared to. Also with constantly updating it also breaks some of its functionality until another patch is released. Overall Photoshop is a workhorse when it comes with image manipulation and photo editing. Whereas there are a lot of third party resources out there (and for much cheaper than a CC subscription) it really boils down to what features you want vs. what are you willing to give up.

Pros

The features I admire the most about Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite line is that the shortcuts (once you know them) tend to transpire throughout the other programs - and if some differ, they don't differ by much. I also like how streamline Photoshop works with the other programs within Adobe Creative Suite because you can import and/or drag and drop files within one another.

Cons

The thing to be noted with Photoshop if you're truly a beginner is that there is a steep learning curve. With the new updates for Creative Cloud (from what I've witnessed personally) I understand where Adobe was going with making things more simple to do, but in retrospect for someone with more experience certain functions are either hidden within panels and/are omitted completely. This can be a headache with new updates when a good handful of tools you're used to working with suddenly disappear. Adobe could fix this with having a legacy tool interface for those who are more experienced to the program to utilize.

Ryan from Fullstop360

Amazing Photo Editing and the best Photography Software

Overall, my experience with Adobe Photoshop is terrific. I mostly used for photo editing and manipulation and it does an excellent job. It is easy to use, light on the computer, and loads images fast. I get images files in different formats but Photoshop handles everything very well.

Pros

I love everything about Adobe Photoshop. I mostly use it for photo editing. I have team of graphic designers that share their work with me. I have to check it for quality and correction. I love how easy it is to drag and drop images in Photoshop and do small/large adjustment. It has a variety to tools that are pretty easy to use. It supports many different file formats and processes really fast. Pre-built Templates, photo library, filters, and layers are some of the features that I particularly like. It works equally good on Windows and Mac.

Cons

It offers less support for vector images. That was the reason that I had to opt for Illustrator. Other than that, I think it does a great job.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is less complicated and more user-friendly. It is good for beginners. Illustrator is not everybody's cup of tea. You have to be a pro to be using Illustrator in its full capacity. Adobe Photoshop, on the other hand, is good and easy to work with.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Corel Draw had less options and limited tools. I wanted to work on illustrations and videos that were not possible in the CD.

Van McLean from ANZCHAM

Still the topnotch image editing software for graphic artists

You can basically do anything and everything with Photoshop. This is what I primarily use for marketing flyer creations from scratch.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop allows you to create your image from scratch and lets your imagination translate into an actual product/layout. It has the most comprehensive feature and shortcut keys are easy to remember for ease of working. Depends on the laptop that youre using as well, it loads faster and edits faster as it's very easy to switch from one function to another - and the toolbar on the left is also very accessible. On the recent Photoshop versions, you can create and save your own workspace which will allow you to choose only the most used icons and functions.

Cons

It has the tendency to eat up a lot of memory depend on your artwork. Photoshop would also require high computer requirements in order for the software to function well. These are very technical observations as the software itself is very great

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop gives you the flexibility to be creative and pick up whatever is in your mind. This is very user-friendly from the graphic artist's perspective. The Adobe Suite might be a bit expensive in general, but definitely worth it for the company.

Mack from Self

Something for Everybody

Overall, the experience has been positive, as Photoshop is my main go-to for any type of illustrative work. From posters to concept pitch decks, I'm very happy with what Photoshop is able to help me accomplish. What I know from the Adobe Suite is that I will typically get quality in whatever I do; Photoshop has a great reputation and is an asset in the field for this reason, so I feel like I've always been in good hands with Adobe's products. Furthermore, despite its setbacks, Photoshop is user-friendly and the interface is fairly approachable. I don't feel daunted when I start a new project or continue a tedious one. Truly, the program has something for everyone, and with a bit of elbow grease, it can be the thing that elevates your project to new dimensions.

Pros

Photoshop has a plethora of useful tools ranging from simple color correction to advanced cutting, pasting, and masking. It's a very dynamic program with a variety of ways of completing a task. Photoshop also feels like a tool for everybody--a beginner coming from very simple editing on Preview, for instance, would feel right at home just as a highly skilled professional in the world of illustration would. What's more, Photoshop also grants you the freedom to play around and explore. It really feels like an artist's canvas, and the only limit is your imagination. At the same time, it also supports a more business-oriented approach and workflow, while still maintaining a creative energy. The app is a chameleon, and really bends to the limits of its user.

Cons

There's a lot of minutiae involved with Photoshop, as every step matters, and every tiny detail cannot be overlooked. This sometimes feels overwhelming at times, especially in the middle of a long process. Masking, for instance, can be confusing as it relates to layers, and Smart Objects I don't find particularly useful unless the program is telling me I need to rasterize or otherwise change a layer into a Smart Object. I'm never given an explanation why, or why I cannot bypass it, so I have to take these tiny moments at face value. I am also not a fan of the magnetic lasso tool for how restrictive it is. It doesn't conform all that well to certain angles and shapes, and I will often need to zoom in to the pixel level in order to painstakingly and manually wrap around each pixel if I want a precision job. I also dislike the lack of presets--there should be presets that make approaching a project a lot easier and reduce the strain of manual work. It'd not only save a lot of time, but it'd help an amateur project look and feel a lot more professional.

jason from self-employed

adobe photoshop review

Photoshop has brought a lot of innovation to my designer skills. I am just satisfied working with this software for all my projets. The capacity of editing feaures it offers to its users is far more advanced as compared to other competitive photo editing software. It's just the right tool for professional photographs.

Pros

adobe photoshop has demonstrated itself qualified to be hailed (might sound insane, yet it's the way I believe), I can simply drag and drop my records as though it were a piece of cake (woah) -It allows me to keep my workspace very organized, assign different files to their independent folders based on file categories just within one user interface. - what else causes me to feel energized and inspired if not having a program with a high level graphical interface and potential outcomes that can change over the refuse (pointless pictures) into valuable records? indeed, that is the means by which photoshop helps me out, making valuable documents out of those I'd decided to ship off the recycle bin. -It permits me to synchronize my libraries with cloud documents. -It has an advanced understanding of the 3D concept -Users can assign certain codes to this software and its responses to their queries accordingly -Photoshop is able to zoom out an image to the least pixels which are rather fantastic as it helps my work throughout the success. -The latest version has advanced tools to improving on creative masterpieces for photographs like advanced photo correction and drawing. -My favorite tool for web designing. -Automatically saves files per work session, this is important for users in countries experiencing constant electric seizures. - has essential export formats available - It has a unique image processing algorithm -Uses an advanced technology of artificial intelligence

Cons

Membership plan is reneweable every month. the UI is so expansive and atimes needs steady help from specialists.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

limited features. unsatisfied with the quality of results.

Ni Made Cristina from Self-employed

Adobe Photoshop - Make All Your Picture to be Fantastic!

Adobe Photoshop or commonly abbreviated as Photoshop is software that is the creation of Adobe Systems which is specifically aimed at those who want to do photo editing and create certain effects to get impressive shots. Because of the level of convenience and also the many features in the software, many digital photographers and advertising companies rely on the following services to work on their projects. Thus, it is not surprising that Photoshop has now succeeded in becoming the market leader in photo editors. Basically, the main function of this image processing application is to edit photos or images with raster or bitmap types. However, as an image editing application, its functions can be more specific, such as improving image results, engineering, to creating new image designs according to demand. To beautify itself, there are various things that can be used by users (me), including fixing color saturation, smoothing objects, drawing certain parts, adding visualization effects, and many others. Due to someone's skill at creating a photo with Photoshop, other people can be amazed by creator's work.

Pros

Able to produce more satisfying images, it has complete and quality features. Can make writing with the effect I want, and look different from other forms of writing. Can be used for design or image editing Can be used to process web material. Whether it's the basic mapping of a website, banner ads, or even small things like image management that I want to use as a feature image on a web, it can be managed first with the following application. It is familiar, and has always been a mainstay by several groups More complete editing facilities than others The engineering result looks like the original without any edits Able to create a higher quality effect, even though previously there were too many effects Compatible with several types of image formats.

Cons

It takes a long time to learn to become proficient in mastering all the features available in an image processing application. Layers can only be understood by the creator (myself), because if there are so many, of course other people who will continue my work will be quite confused. Even though it has been given an appropriate name, I still have to get used to it for some time to learn it Not suitable in making magazines or brochures, because it is not reliable in making paragraphs with a large number of words. The size required is too big too, moreover, there are many layers that are inputted in a certain project with high quality. The required storage file can be up to GB. When used to print results, the paper used is relatively difficult The required resources are quite high, so not all people can use the following software smoothly, because of CPU, RAM, to VGA and GPU limitations used.

Ljubica from Art of Luba

Essential software with SaaS glitches and failed updates

I am an artist and printer, so I use Photoshop daily to edit client photos/artwork and set up print files to my Canon Pro machines. I also create artwork on my Wacom in Photoshop. My PC is quite powerful so I can have many, many huge files open at once and Photoshop can handle that. The last update to v. 23.0 was not compatible with my HP Zbook, however, so I had to rollback. Any file that I opened would crash the program after 30 seconds of being opened.

Pros

I am familar with it because I have used it since the mid-2000s.

Cons

My very least favorite aspect of Photoshop these days is the SaaS deployment. There have been numerous times where the server goes down right in the middle of the work day, and then I cannot log into my account in order to use my software. This interrupts my workday and completely throws off job deadlines. I really wish that the SaaS was better handled with Photoshop and CC. I end up going to Twitter to get support to try and log me in, but usually it doesn't work if its a system-wide outage. Very, very bad for business.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

I own all of these programs but Photoshop is the industry standard for graphic work.

Lina from Freelancer

Industry standard that is still a leader in the field

This program have been with me from the very begging of my career and is an absolute industry standard. I have learn so many ways to use Photoshop, and am fully proficient in it. But at the same time, it is funny to think that there are a lot of options I don't use or haven't learnt yet simply because my line of work does not require that. This program is so broad and versatile. It encourages creativity and problem solving, because there are so many different ways to get to the same result. Everyone has a different work style and Photoshop allows you to experiment and develop your own unique approach.

Pros

This is the first software from Adobe suit that I have learnt to use. I was a child when I decided to learn it, and all these years later I use it in my daily work life. My favourite features are how versatile this program is and the users range from amateur photographers to professional creative directors. It also works seamlessly with other Adobe programs like InDesign and Illustrator. I honestly cannot imagine my everyday work without Photoshop.

Cons

I like how they keep implementing updates and trying to improve the program, but a lot of times these updates change the old feature or replace it with something new. For example, recently "Export As" options were changed and the user can no longer manually adjust the percentage of quality to choose from. Now they included only a couple of options that go from "poor to excellent" quality. I think this is a step back as instead of having the options to choose from literally a hundred, it is now about 7.

Cheryl from Central Missouri Community Action

The professional choice for photo editing and creative design.

I've used Photoshop for more than 25 years and I absolutely love it. Yes, there's a learning curve to using it, but learning how to use it is well worth the time. I not only recommend it - I say it's a requirement for anyone wanting to seriously pursue graphics and other creative occupations.

Pros

Photoshop is a playground for anyone with a creative mind - visual artists, designers, photographers, video production/creatives, animators, etc. I've used Photoshop since 1995 (yeah-back in the dinosaur days of computers & software) so I've seen it grow and change through the years. Today the program's functionality and features are phenomenal and make the process of creating as exciting as seeing the final product. Whether you're simply changing the resolution and color mode of a photo for a print project, compositing images, enhancing photographs, animating, or whatever else you're doing, you can count on Photoshop to have the tools and features you need. I always tell new graphics professionals and illustrators that if you can only afford one digital program to start with - get Photoshop first then add on Illustrator and In-Design as soon as you can because Photoshop can provide a lot of bang for the buck!

Cons

Sadly, Photoshop is a bit expensive and it takes a lot of computer memory and power to operate. But, anyone who is serious about good design, art, etc. will understand this and likely find a way to incorporate the program into their toolbox!

Alvaro from Alvaro Pacheco

Industry: Photography

With a little help from my friends

Great overall experience. Get most of my tasks done in an efficient manner. Working with raw files can be a drag as I have to convert some raw files to DNG. I also find it a disservice to have to resort Photoshop Elements (2019) in order to organize my image files. Before editing a files they should be organized, therefore a tool as useful and intuitive as Photoshop elements should have been included.

Pros

Hidden surprises. What can be done with internet available scripts. The version I use is Photoshop CS6. Although I have been using this software for several years It seems I keep on learning some new tricks : like centering images by using the Marquee tool followed by selecting the Move tool : presto now I can align the image in six different predefined positions. But what really amazes me is the ability of this version of Photoshop to manipulate video Images, extract image files from the video, apply filters to resulting layers, and then transform the layers into files. And then these image files can be used in a video editor to your imagination’s delight.

Cons

Steep learning curve. But I have managed to find what I need by consulting the internet. The biggest challenge in searching the internet is finding the keywords for what you want to achieve with your particular software. Now why would I be looking on the internet for instructions for Photoshop CS6, instead of looking up the Manual that comes with CS6. My assessment would have to be that I rarely found what I was looking for in the manual. With the manual you have to connect too many dots, whereas with the internet search you often find step by step instructions to achieve a particular task. Also on the down size is that this version of Photoshop is the last one with a permanent license. The subsequent versions are yearly licenses. And that is a big deal!

Alma from UDG

Industry: Photography

Basic or advanced, one of the best editing programs.

In general it is one of the best investments I have made, in terms of time and money, the capacity you have to edit and create with the programme is only limited by your own creativity, the evolution of the software and the progress it has made over the years, I have spent almost 8 years seeing how everything is changing towards new trends without losing the basis of how we learned to use the programme and its main tools. Although there are things that I have not been able to use over the years, I have seen the capacity of these tools in other fields. Perhaps there will come a time when their accessibility may be greater not only in the areas in which they are used but in its cost.

Pros

Its ease and speed of learning to use it and its extensive capacity for the creation and editing of a wide range of graphic content. Its incredible evolution over the years and personally being able to create basic projects from school to a professional one where I could get an economic gain from it, is something that gives you personal satisfaction.

Cons

I think it is a common thing to hear, the accessibility to the product in its economic sense is very problematic, although in the last years as a professional its price has not been a problem for me, during my career it was something I struggled with a lot. And if I had to choose one unpleasant detail it would be its auto-save and the terrible moments I had to go from having it all to losing every advance I had made in my work.

Adriano from City of Spokane Parks and Recreation

Considering getting into Photoshop? Please read my review to see if it is worthy it your $.

Whether I am creating ads or editing images for our website, or social media, Photoshop is an invaluable tool. Personally, I have used Photoshop to edit photos of my two children since they were born - memorializing beautifully those special moments of their lives. I also use Photoshop extensively for editing outdoor photography. As a resident of the beautiful Pacific Northwest, I am 30 minutes away from beautiful lakes and mountains. Photoshop has not disappointed me in 20 years since my college days!

Pros

Photoshop is powerful. I can't think of something photo-editing-wise that you can not do with Photoshop. Having said that, what I like most is that if I don't know how to get something done, there are Adobe pro tips available everywhere. The knowledge base library is extensive and whether you are a beginner or a veteran user of the app, you never few stuck or unable to get to that next level.

Cons

The cost of using the product is prohibitive for most people. I guess adobe has a specific demographic in mind for Adobe Photoshop...

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

I continue to chose Photoshop because Adobe continues to improve this product year after year. Also because of the extensive learning resources available.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Unlike Photoshop, CorelDRAW felt overwhelming for photo editing.

Luke from Self Employed

Industry: Graphic Design

The best software option for graphic designers

I have had an enormously positive experience with Adobe Photoshop, it has allowed me to complete every piece of work that I have been assigned by clients. I would highly recommend this product to any professional graphic designer or enthusiast looking to establish or improve their skillsets, I have never had an issue with the software but also know that Adobe's customer support is very helpful and professional in dealing with any problems.

Pros

The tools available allow for anything you wish to design to be accomplished, I have been using Photoshop for around 2 years and have never looked for an alternative software since I started using it. I have been able to complete all assignments given to me and the large range of tools available allow me to complete my tasks to a very high and professional standard. Furthermore, the ability to save any piece of work on your computer or on the cloud as the appropriate format is also very helpful, this means that you can design pieces that can be used for online purposes or as printed posters and even billboards if necessary. In my opinion, this is the best platform available to graphic designers to use for their work but is also great for casual users (which I was initially).

Cons

The most evident issue with this software is the price, as not only is it expensive but it does not consist of one fixed sum but instead instalment payments. However I feel that this is justified by the overall quality of the products as well as the initial free trial and offers that are available to the user. In addition to this, it can be complex to operate as a first time user as the wide variety of tools and options it provides can appear overwhelming to first time users; despite this, this issue can be overcome by following many of the free Photoshop lessons and tutorials available on YouTube for example.

Sarah from IOH

One of my favorite software programs

Overall, Photoshop is one of my favorite programs to use and for a reason. The program has so many features that its competitors simply don't have from changing your text to watercolor to applying just the right action to an image and more. Really, some of the only downsides to PS is one the price: the Adobe Suite can get pretty pricey and I personally miss the day when you could just buy the program outright without paying a monthly payment. Two: the ease of use. Photoshop isn't as user-friendly as some of the other design programs out there.

Pros

My favorite thing about Photoshop is that it handles complex tasks that other digital design software programs can't handle. You can apply a gradient just the way you like it, textures while masking off a subject, adding in styles and patterns for fun text and design effects, specific brushes for about every project you can think of, and PS actions...I only use those about every time I open the program! I also like that Photoshop has updated their program to try to become more user-friendly by adding in short tutorials with words and with videos as well as adding in new features like sky replacement which is a huge time saver compared to your typical methods.

Cons

The customer support is still not the best. They're simply not as helpful as other software programs I use regularly. Also, even though I appreciate PS adding in tutorials, I still find most Youtube tutorials to be better than the ones provided by PS. I love the direction they're going into to take a program that's considered to be more intermediate to advanced and breaking it down, but I feel like they could get better with this.

M Choiril from Sekar Arum

Editing Photos

In my opinion, even though the current CC version of Photoshop is no longer directly integrated with the scanner, it doesn't matter to me. Due to the intensity of scanning that I do has been reduced. And interact more with photo editing and carry out various work of exporting tiff files to enter the ripping software which will then be processed on a digital printing machine.

Pros

What I like from generation to generation is that Adobe Photoshop always adds features, especially in the 2015 CC series until the Camera Raw feature is available in the Filter Menu. This allows photographers or designers to more easily process RAW files from a photo from skin tone, temperature, tint, exposure, clear & vibrance all can be easier and shorten the work. Because my basic is Graphic Designer I always combine some work with Illustrator

Cons

Judging from the shortcomings, it is clear that for the CC version there are slight differences. Unlike previous features in the CS series, which can always be integrated with any scanner platform and can be scanned instantly via the Photoshop application. This is very different from the latest version, namely the CC generation which no longer embeds this feature. As a result, I always run my scanner through a separate program

Haris from A.A MUNIR DYES & CHEMICALS

Industry: Chemicals

Adobe Photoshop is the World Best Image Editing Software

I am using adobe Photoshop for last 10 years for image editing, textile designing, making brochures and business cards and found very useful and full of amazing features.

Pros

Adobe Photoshop is the world most renowned software in the industry and almost every IT professional use this incredible software. It supports multiple operating system like, Windows, Mac and cloud and can be easily downloaded online from adobe official website. The software don't have free version but they offer free trial in which you can get use of this software and later register it by paying there charges. The software is so professionally designed and full of essential tools that it always supports small, medium and large companies. The little practice makes you familiar with the working of this software and once you master you can perform any image editing task.

Cons

I haven't find any cons as the software possesses almost all the required essentials tools and features which we need in professional working. If in future the company offers a free version for beginners then this will be more beneficial for students and pre learners to learn this amazing software.

Arun from Aster DM Healthcare

Pioneer digital image manipulation tool

Photoshop is the gold standard for image editing and designing. Despite of being around for more than three decades many people still use it as the trusted tool for their digital works. You will need some training to get used to the plethora of tools available but once you master those you can start creating your master piece images.

Pros

Photoshop is one of the oldest yet efficient tools to edit images or to design advertisement for your website. Handy keyboard shortcuts and smart tools there are shortcuts for almost every tool within photoshop, this makes your workflow really fast. With Adobe Creative Cloud, you can save your work directly online and access the saved images from anywhere. This is a very handy feature that enables you to store images securely and being able to access it remotely from anywhere. The selection tools is something I use the most and I think the precision has improved on the latest iterations. Ability to handle RAW photos with ease, the RAW images are usually of large size and Photoshop handles it very efficiently. It supports almost all image formats including .

Cons

Steep learning curve, photoshop requires a lot of practice to able to understand all the available tools. For a new user this can take while but once you master it there is no going back. Lags on low end computers, Photoshop consumes a handsome amount of RAM while running and you better upgrade your internals before getting hands on with the Photoshop Expensive subscription options, specially for hobbyist photographer like me.

Sam from Sam Carleton Design

Photoshop can do it all!

My overall experience with Adobe Photoshop has been fantastic. It seems like each version adds better tools that speed up my workflow. Photoshop can handle almost anything I throw at it, and because of that, I consider it an essential software in my collection.

Pros

For me, Photoshop is my end-all, be-all. It works wonderfully with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign, which makes creating content for my layouts a breeze. I also like that I can use it to edit batches of RAW photos, which allows me to make quick changes to images before they go live. The Save for Web tool, on the other hand, allows me to easily scale down enormous photographs so that they load quickly and flawlessly in web browsers—by far Photoshop's best feature.

Cons

The fact that Adobe Photoshop is a raster-based tool is its one drawback. As a result, you'll notice a drop in visual quality that you won't see with vector-based products like Illustrator. I have to overcompensate with PPI and image sizes if I need to work with a file in Photoshop that needs to be high-resolution. This is a fantastic option, however, it significantly increases the overall file size of the file I'm working on.

noureddine from self employed

Why should you use this particular Photoshop?

I used to love being a graphic designer and learning photoshop, but when I first got into the program, I didn't know anything What is in front of me I was surprised by the interface of the program and I follow the courses to learn the basics of the program and the names of the tools Finally, then I started something until I came to an estimate between what was acceptable and what was good Photoshop has become the most popular stand-alone facing and processing boom Photoshop is not necessary here for those who want to develop their photography and photo editing skills or want to He develops his abilities to make more job opportunities available to him on the Internet by designing logos, When learning anything, especially photoshop, because most of us are very excited at the beginning about something but This plant turns into parts of the entire furniture. So it must take time

Pros

-easy to use -You can edit photos easily -There is an advanced 3D anthropomorphism program that is used for text and images, where you can anthropomorphize images and texts with high accuracy -You can use Adobe Photoshop to import video and image files into the program quickly and easily

Cons

-Adobe Photoshop is not for beginners -Adobe Photoshop is not free -Photoshop takes a lot of space in your computer's memory

Moises from Al Toque Marketing

The most complete image editing software.

Photoshop has totally improved the quality of our designs, we have gone from using platforms like Canva to using Photoshop, the change has been very big. Our clients always demand original and professional designs, with Photoshop we have those designs.

Pros

We use this tool every day in the agency, the image editing results are 100% professional, I can add all the text fonts you need and make thousands of variations to sizes, shapes, colors. Without a doubt it is one of the best platforms we use.

Cons

I think it is a difficult software to use, it is extremely complete but you must learn how to use it first, it has so many functions that it is difficult to know how to use them all.

Ahmed from self employed

Photoshop is the best ever in photo editing

The program is very cool. I use it daily in all my work, modifying images, motion designs, and designs for websites. I have been working on it for 8 years.

Pros

An excellent program for editing and recreating any type of image easily and perfectly, but after a while I know the use of each tool. It has an amazing user interface It is possible to make money from it. Of course, you will earn money from it by modifying images for photographers, or even merging images, social media designs and other designs. A very popular and well-known program, and therefore there are many lessons to learn, allowing the user to learn the program with ease and speed

Cons

It can become a little difficult when making designs in large sizes, or 3D designs with a lot of layers, you need a high computer of RAM, processor and hard disk to bear the amount of work on it and this is in the future when you start making projects and make money from it It takes time to master all the tools and know how to use them The program takes a lot of RAM to run, and when it needs more space, the program closes and the project can be recovered or not

Janey from Muse Web Design and Development

Old Faithful

Its a staple in my studio. I use it daily. Because I've been using it for so many years Its quick and easy to just pop a photo in and make a few tweaks.

Pros

This is my go to for any photo editing, specifically for web design - it has an option to save for web which helps to optimise your file sizes and picture quality. Its also quick and easy once you know where everything is. I also love the batch processing features - often having to resize and crop dozens of images for the same project - with the batch process you just select your size and ratio and press the button - then grab a cup of coffee while Photoshop does all the work.

Cons

As great as it is for photos, its not great for flat graphics - things like icons and banners that dont contain photo images. Images can only be scaled up to a point before they become pixelated. But that's why we have Illustrator as well.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

I found GIMP incredibly difficult to use in spite of people telling me it was just like photoshop. Eventually decided to do a trial of Photoshop and never looked back. Worth every cent.

Thanh from Inkdefied88

A review from senior graphic designer

The company I work for was able to serve customers request and inquiry well in a timely and professional manner thanks to what photoshop has to offer.

Pros

What I like most about the software were the many powerful features that were included in the software that can help you create and edit graphics smoothly. The feature I like the most was the clone-stamp tool that can help you remove any unwanted object out of a picture.

Cons

I don't like the pricing of the software, it is subscription-based, which makes it very expensive on the long road. And it is usually bundled with other software that is not necessary for what I do.

Silvia from SiS Digital

Photoshop gives you the freedom to express yourself as creator

I am using photoshop a couple of days in the week. Mainly for editing some designs for my clients.

Pros

There is no need to explain what Photoshop is. My personal opinion is that this for sure is the best software for creators and web designers. You could make what your mind is available to predict.

Cons

The only cons for me is the need for installation to your computer or laptop. I would prefer to use it online using my browser.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop is most recognizable software for most designers. That's give you freedom to use different file format from different designers.

Diego from Marketing de gestion

analysis software

It is the most used platform in our agency, the quality of images that we achieve, the graphic pieces and all the components and tools are very interesting when developing a job

Pros

For belonging to the Adobe house, recommendation and after the excellent trial period

Cons

In some cases the compatibility of imported files. It would be interesting to have a bank of free predesigned images, if they have it, I have not seen it in configurations

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Due to its wide variety of tools, the quality of its work, the variety of formats and the well-known parent company in advertising agencies, Adobe

Karean from Silly Filly Design

Adobe Photoshop Review

Overall I love the program and cannot live without. I use it daily for work and pleasure. Being able to easily create anything I need with ease is a huge plus and Photoshop delivers that and more. I've been using Photoshop for years and it's never failed to provide me with the creative tools and outlet I need.

Pros

I like the user friendly tools and ease of editing photos and coming up with creative, unique projects and designs. I only use Photoshop and the Adobe creative suite products for everything I create. Photo retouching, logos, posters, banners, social media posts etc. I love that I can go between Photoshop and Illustrator and tweak things as needed. Its integration with the Creative Suite programs is very much appreciated. It provides all the features I need for my work with highly intelligent functions.

Cons

There does seem to be times where the program freezes, certain tools lose their lunch and I have to re-launch the program. It can be a bit buggy especially when my WiFi is spotty. Large files can take up too much space causing the program to crash as well.

Antone from A. Hood Legacy Visuals

Industry: Photography

Photoshop needed on a daily basis.

Overall Photoshop is a mandatory standard for my business. My business would fail if it wasn't for photoshop. Love this app.

Pros

I love this app. I use this app for my photography and graphic designs. Once you learn this app I couldn't imagine using anything. There's too many features to name. All I can say if you are a visual creative this app is a must have.

Cons

One con is that this app can be intimidating at first. It looks more different to use then it is. Other than that an amazing app.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Because you can do so much more in photoshop.

Omar from colossal

Industry: Graphic Design

My Thoughts On Adobe Photoshop After Using It For Business Class For More Than An Year.

It Was Lovely I Would Deffenitly Recommend Itto My Work Partners And Not To people Who will photoshop for a hobby.

Pros

What Are My Positive Thoughts On Adobe Photoshop After Using It For Business Class For More Than An Year. I Think The Software Is Incredible. I Used It For My Business Class Where They Thought Us How to Make Atractive Image Ads That Would Sell the product. The interface was easy to use. The tools were all top peak quality, and it was an app or something that could be downloaded which in my opinion is something I love way better than browser extensions. I thought That It was The best Editing Software Out There Ad I was Always Happy With My Work. I would Totally recommend It For Any Student Or Professional.

Cons

I Didn't Like The Obvious The Extremely expensive price that the software makes you pay to use it. As A student I was not in a good financial place So Having to pay the ridiculous pricing was pain to my wallet. Honestly Nothing else Did I hate I wouldn't Reccomen It to A Kid Or Adult who Is Just Starting To Learn How To Use Softwares Like These As There are More Free Alternatives Out there that will get the job done.

Cristhian Josue from El Punto Lab

Photoshop keeps the standard in the graphic design industry

Photoshop has taken my designs and graphics to a more professional level and of great quality

Pros

Photoshop allows us to create any type of design, it has a very short learning curve, but mastering it is a bit more complex, it is a very interesting software that now any company needs to design its image.

Cons

The price of the adobe suite is significantly costly for SMEs or freelancers, so the monthly cost of said membership should be considered

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop allows me to create designs and graphics at a more professional level

Muhammad from Fiverr

Best Photo Editor?

Overall Photoshop is an excellent piece of software with is trusted around the globe for professional and personnel use.

Pros

Photoshop is a highly powerful software that is packed with many amazing features. Photoshop is easy to learn and a new user can learn it pretty quickly. Photoshop also excels in graphic designing and it's very useful software.

Cons

Photoshop is a very useful software but if you are not looking for expensive software you can always find cheap alternatives. Many options are relatively cheap and some are also free.

Theresa from Rodenstock USA

Industry: Wholesale

There's a reason editing a photo is called Photoshop

Pros

Photoshop is the ultimate editing software. We even call editing any images "photoshopping" for a reason! It's such an easy to use software. It has so many layers that we haven't even delved into, the possibilities are endless.

Cons

The price of photoshop just keeps going up, but it hasn't changed much or improved. It's just the standard great product, but at a higher price.

Luis from Galo

The best software to the creativity

I have not had any problems with the program. Access and synchronizing custom brushes, gradients and patterns on any computer is so beautiful. Currently include information and tutorials to help new users. I would recommend this software because it works for illustrators, photographers and designers.

Pros

Now Adobe Photoshop is the best software to create beautiful graphics and photographys. It's perfect because you can make advanced picture adjustments, manipulate color, and fix perspectives. In the latest versions, the "Neural Filters" option offers enhanced photos and increased creativity. The best option is the easy sky replacement, i love this tool.

Cons

The high resource consumption of a computer makes it necessary to have a device that has the minimum requirements for it to work perfectly.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Photoshop

Because adobe photoshop is the best known and most complete program on the market. Many friends told me about it years ago and since I have been using it I have had no problems