All Adobe Photoshop Reviews

Still the Industry Standard

Nitin

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Best ever tool for images editing and creative social media post designing for graphic designers

Entirely, Photoshop can do everything in digital world regarding designing and editing. Even I can create GIFs and AVI videos inside photoshop. These features make it a sure shot one stop solution for graphic designers in the world. Even in advanced level, one can design 3d objects, but it lags much while working on it. I hope photoshop will improve this in further updates.

PROS

I loved tools to edit any type of images and make it look professional, even clicked through phone camera. Easy one click filters that blend automatically with uploaded image. I can design anything from logos to posters inside photoshop, and free templates help me start with my work easily. Even I can store my design on Adobe Creative Cloud and can continue my work anywhere on any machine with photoshop.

CONS

It hangs and crashes many times while working on large files with lots of layers. This makes thing worst for me and my clients. Many times' toolbar disappears automatically on restart, for which I need to reset preferences every time. Also, cost is getting increased with every upgrade.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Photoshop

Canva is very basic and limited tool with predefined templates that will not be helpful for enterprise level and hence I need to learn and got to photoshop.

Muhammad

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Adobe Photoshop

PROS

What I like most about Adobe Photoshop is its incredible versatility and precision. It offers powerful tools and features that allow for detailed and creative image editing, making it easy to transform ordinary photos into stunning works of art.

CONS

What I like least about Adobe Photoshop is its steep learning curve. The extensive range of tools and features can be overwhelming for beginners, requiring a significant time investment to master. Additionally, it can be resource-intensive, sometimes causing slower performance on less powerful computers.

Peter

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Amazing Photo Editing/Graphic Design Software

This sofware allows for the creation of marketing material that facilitates for the smooth trasmission of information to you end user.

PROS

The most impactful features of this software would be, the ability to create graphic content that connects with your end user in the most unique and memorable way. Also,this program allows for its user to perfect the finish of photography and other photo related pieces like artworks. The Software indeed has a vast lerning curve as it is immensely diversed, but with the basics you casn easily build on it to become a professional. This software integrates quite smoothly with any business as long as you have an expert on hand to use its functions.

CONS

The products main con is the learning curve. If its a software you intend on jumping in to use without much practice, you are in for a treat, and its not a tasty one. It can be difficult to integrate with your business if you do no have someone on the team with the knowledge on how it is properly and effectively used.

Reviewed June 2022

Very complete and competitive program

I think it is the best first step in the editing world and you can do such great things and projects with such little tools if you are a begginer

PROS

It is one of the most complete and at the same time basic programs to use in the Adobe family. You can do various types of works, from photo editing, graphic design, etc. It does not have the best resolution in terms of vectors like Illustrator for example or specific features like InDesign but in very complete in all the terms.

CONS

The differences between other programs such as change the size of the texts, objects, etc. The long waitings for some of the features to be ready to continue working on...

Joelle

Animation, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

I use Adobe Photoshop CS5

It is my go-to program and I have been using it for almost as long as I've been creating digital art. I use it in combination with other programs (GIMP for it's ability to turn white or other colours into transparency (great for separating scanned lines from their background when you want the final export to have transparency), and Clip Studio Paint for it's bucket tool's ability to quickly fill in colour on a new layer while taking into consideration the linework present on a different layer). These features may be present in some capacity in the newest version of Photoshop, but are sorely lacking in CS5. Beyond that, Photoshop CS5 works perfectly for my needs.

PROS

I might be somewhat biased, as I grew up using Photoshop Essentials and never ventured far from their series of products. That said, I love the versatility of the program for my artistic needs, and the smaller but equally as important ease-of-use features like being able to skew and warp images almost in perspective with the free transform feature. I have tried similar programs before, but some of these smaller features were lacking and made the experience feel lacking. I haven't used Their newest Photoshop product, but I hear that there have been many additional features added that make it all the better. For example, their animation timeline.

CONS

My main gripe with Photoshop, and the reason that I never moved to CC, is that they no longer have a perpetual license option. I am not a fan of monthly/yearly subscriptions, which immediately put me off from upgrading. Not to mention that their pricing options are not cheap; unless you need this program at a professional level and know that you will be making a good return, there are many cheaper or free options that you can pick up, that will have most of the key features you'll need when starting out.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Photoshop

GIMP did not have enough features (especially at the time) for the type of work that I wanted to make. I was recommended photoshop essentials, and later CS5, both of which were marked upgrades on the last.

Ryan

Museums and Institutions, 2-10 employees

Omg! Adobe Rocks

PROS

Adobe Photoshop has been a game-changer in my creative journey. Its versatility and power in digital image editing and graphic design have allowed me to bring my artistic visions to life. I appreciate the comprehensive toolset it offers, from layers and masks to filters and an array of brushes, which have enabled me to perform intricate and detailed work with ease.

CONS

While I greatly appreciate Adobe Photoshop for its versatility and power, there are some downsides that I've encountered. One of the biggest challenges for me has been the steep learning curve. With its vast array of tools and features, mastering Photoshop has required a significant investment of time and effort, which can be overwhelming at times. Additionally, the cost can be a barrier. As someone who isn't a full-time professional, the subscription model feels quite expensive, and I often find myself weighing its value against my budget.

Linda

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Didnt find equivalent to Photoshop, it is still the best for me

PROS

It has all the tools for professional work of an art director / graphic designer

CONS

Errors and freezing while working. It is not a pleasant event when it occures.

Mary Jane

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

I love Adobe Photoshop and how it has adapted over the years. It's a wonderful tool!

I love its abilities, results, ideas, ease of use and it capabilities!!

PROS

Creativity at its highest. I allows me to dream, create, play, design, imagine, everything to my heart's content, most of the time! At least in this art and context of my life.

CONS

I taught myself how to use this program from my own computer experience and it wasn't the easiest way, that's for sure. Help in training with this program is preferred.

Reason for choosing Adobe Photoshop

I love photoshop the best! But I do use a lot of photo and design programs, 40+. It all depends on the clients needs and the simplest and easiest way to get what the customer needs or requires. For my personal use it's definitely Photoshop!

Lucky

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Photo shop is the best

Ok I know some people like to edit there photos with automatic apps like photo lab but what I know is professionals need to be creative that's why I'm saying that photo shop is best it allows a user to explore is creativity

PROS

It gives a huge range of features to users for photo editing,3D artwork and paintings

CONS

It's just that when I import PDF file it loses its resolution but you can figure it out maybe by using tatoriels

Zeghoudi

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Adobe Photoshop's very handsome !

What an amazing program for processing images and building graphic design projects and illustrations using the best modern tools. Continue to develop and update the program.

PROS

What I liked about it is the attention to color details and improving images with various modern tools

CONS

Perhaps the size of the program is for medium devices

momen

Civil Engineering, 10,000+ employees

ENg : momen zidan

It's intuitive and robust. The user community is brilliant and they have built great plugins, brushes, templates and other tools to help you achieve your goals.

PROS

One of the most popular reasons ability to easily edit photos and graphics

CONS

it can be quite complex and overwhelming for beginners to learn.

Hridoy

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

I like to using Adobe Photoshop

I like to using Adobe Photoshop. I used Adobe Photoshop for photo editing for first and graphic design.

PROS

I like to using Adobe Photoshop. because I love it.

CONS

I like to using Adobe Photoshop. I used Adobe Photoshop for photo editing purpose.

Noah

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Others may be chasing. This is still the leader.

This, and the person on your team who uses it, is an investment. There are options out there which will give quick and dirty results. When you want results for your top dollar, however, Photoshop still provides the best.

PROS

While the user learning curve becomes higher and higher with new iteration, Photoshop remains full of a suite of tools capable of making minute and believable changes.

CONS

It's such a resource hog, and with the Adobe Creative Suite service, it's not particularly user friendly to manage updates.

Kingsley

Animation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Ease of designing at your finger tips with Adobe Photoshop

PROS

1.Provides advanced tools and features 2. Offers 3d workspace 3. Cross platform with other adobe products

CONS

1.May consume more CPU resources 2.mane difficult to use without proper training

Vaani

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

The best tool for creative proffesionals!

The experience is really nice, it allows me to explore new things and fulfill my creative need. I highly recommend this tool to any designer or creative person who wants to get into digital space.

PROS

Photoshop is the most powerful and versatile tool ever. Most of the things can be done through it, example photo editing, logo making, artworks, UI/UX and much more.

CONS

The pricing structure can be improved for new user. The is not a option for collaborative work, a browser-based solution can be added to it. Talking about the technical aspect, photoshop is very intensive on the machine, this can be also worked upon.

Kimberly

Animation, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2021

Photoshop Review

I love it compared to other programs that I have used! It definitely sped up my workflow and I've improved a lot while using Photoshop. I love that it gives you lots of room to experiment with different looks and brushes. However, I feel that after I have graduated from school, I may have to switch to another program due to the price. It is a subscription price while there are plenty of other programs that are a one-time only purchase.

PROS

Right off the bat I loved that this program had pressure sensitivity and a variety of brushes that come with the program. I also love that you can download a variety of brushes from the Adobe website with an account (I adore the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] brushes and use them often). I love that you can change the image size and DPI very easily, and that it is quite easy to navigate. It was not much of a learning curve for me to figure out the program. I love the pen tool and I use it often. I love that you are able to make a brush stroke along the path that you make with the pen tool and it has saved me a lot of time.

CONS

I think the line control could use some improvement. I find it difficult to make a clean, non-shaky line especially if I haven't done it in a while. I have heard from many people that Clip Studio Paint is much better than Photoshop in this aspect. I also don't like that on a Mac, which is what I use, dragging a window off of the main Photoshop window will result in it going behind the main window after you click back on it. On a Windows computer, it will stay floating in front of the main window. I've had to resort to making windows smaller and/or using the multiple stacking window option because of this. I also dislike how in the newest version of Photoshop, the "pixel" function has been removed from the Line Tool. It was definitely a good and quick way to draw a line.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Photoshop

I wanted to improve my illustrations and I found that I had hit a wall in GIMP.

Jakub

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Edit the image however you want - whether at work or for fun

Within our organization, thanks to photoshop, we do not have to hire an external marketing organization. We will prepare all advertising materials ourselves. There are a lot of pictures in our catalogs, again thanks to the photoshop we will adapt all the pictures to the required size and format.

PROS

Whether you need to remove Grandma's wart from her face, or you need to paint your grandfather's more thick beard, it's up to you and your imagination to create everything with Photoshop. What I like most about Photoshop is that nothing is a limit for you and everything is just a matter of imagination. You can create whatever you can think of.

CONS

There is nothing I would not be happy with in Photoshop. Some tools, such as auto-cropping images to erase the background, aren't 100% complete, but it's still better than most other tools.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Photoshop

GIMP is good at the moment if you're new to graphical editing and you don't mind a relatively simple environment with limited features. And this limitation in the form of lack of functions is very insufficient, especially for the commercial sector, so we switched to the package from Adobe.

Gary