• icon"It's super easy to use even if you have little to no design experience, and has an amazing array of templates and design elements you can use for free or minimal costs."
  • icon"This is an excellent sotfware for people that is not a designer and need to have very good presentations and frameworks."
  • icon"It helps with ideas on different ways to use products. We really need new ways to communicate with our community and with the pandemic it is nice to reach them with style."
  • icon"Also there have been times when I have lost a design accidentally using Canva on my computer due to changing the template accidentally."
  • icon"The lack of functionality and inability to do more with the software. There are a number of seemingly simple changes I couldn't make."
  • icon"There are no features missing, i feel it's very complete when you pay the subscription. When you are a free user you have a limited set of tools at your disposal."

Browse all Canva Reviews

• Have you used Canva and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 10,606 reviews

Kelsey

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Canva Review

Catherine

October 2022

An excellent choice for both beginners and professionals to produce quick, effective graphics

I started using the free version but quickly upgraded - the added functionality is worth every penny! I was previously using Photoshop for graphics and editing photos for social media but Canva is just so much faster for this purpose - batching for socials takes a fraction of the time now!

Pros

With just a little help from tutorials, even a beginner can customize the huge range of templates provided to produce professional looking graphics. I love using Canva to batch produce Social Media posts and printable posters. It's honestly fun software to use and you are new to it, you will surprise yourself with your results!

Cons

There's very little not to like! Though sometimes when I'm working quickly and downloading many files rapidly I discover afterwards that I have downloaded the odd image too quickly - before the last change has had a chance to save - but that's really a fault of my patience and internet quality rather than Canva!

Reasons for switching to Canva

I still use Photoshop for big projects or complicated edits, but Canva saves so much time when prepping content for social media.

Reviewing Canva

Canva will handle the job, and because it is hosted in the cloud, you can access it from any location using any device. Additionally, Canva's connectivity with mobile phones is really excellent. I still use Canva for quick graphics. When it comes to my business ideas and presentations, Canva is the rescuer that I have been looking for.

Pros

Even a total newbie may use the included instructions and extensive library of pre-made templates to create high-quality visuals. Canva is a great tool for mass producing graphical content, such as blog entries, posters, and social media postings. It's a lot of fun to use, and if you're just starting out, you'll be amazed at what you can do. It's easy to create and modify projects for many sorts of uses, including personal, professional, and more.  Additionally, the platform's features and functions are extensive, ranging from the ability to modify photographs and brand material for social media to the use of templates for creating progress reports and yearly reports, both of which have proven to be quite useful and time saving. Furthermore, this platform needs zero specialised expertise or training to use.

Cons

I don't like how restricted the video editing options are. Currently, there aren't too many alternatives. To that end, I look forward to future instalments. Canva's video editing tools are too basic for me to use them at this time. It's concerning that many people just copy and paste the templates, making it simple to identify Canva users online. Canva might improve matters by spreading the word about its Design School, found under the site's Learn section. Many people don't even realise it exists. Canva's free plan lacks a filter that separates freemiums from premiums, despite the fact that it offers a large number of features and the ability to upload files for use in design creation. At the moment, their in-app search function simply allows you to narrow down templates by colour and language. If you don't use a template, you'll have to use keywords to find what you need. In my opinion, it would be beneficial to include this functionality. Also free membership let you dowenload the contents with low resolution.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Tendency to get high resolution designs with low cost.

Mahmoud

November 2022

Canva review

Pros

canva software is a software that I also like for the fact that it offers users a complete set of features,

Cons

Easy to use and not likely to have any problems

Taryn

My Daily Branding Tool

Pros

Everything. I've been using Canva for a long time, starting for when I worked for a non-profit and we needed a cheap graphic design tool. They offered a free pro account to nonprofits so I was sold. Fast forward 2 years and I had built every one-pager, logo, flyer, web graphic + on Canva. Their branding feature makes it too easy to brand every graphic. I filter everything through Canva (labels, stickers) just because it's so dang easy to use. Also, it's where I fell in love with graphics and realized I had a real knack for design. I also thought I was terrible, but Photoshop was just to robust of a learning curve for me. I now use Canva for my personal business daily and I just started using the 'post to pinterest' feature they have. The posting and download in different file types feature is ridiculously time saving.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is when I create multiple graphics in one 'document', and then I go to schedule a post with one of those graphics. You can't go back into that document until it has posted. Although I understand, it does shift how I organize my posts to accommodate this issue.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Canva was so much easier to learn for the average person and cheaper.

Samuel

October 2022

A must have software for any non-profit to build your digital presence

Excellent. Before using this platform, I outsourced all my graphics and content work for someone to use photoshop and now I can manage it all myself. Additionally the document templates and bank of free-stock images is far superior than trying to set up documents in MS publisher or word.

Pros

Firstly it is free for non-profits which is a huge win. Secondly the features and functionalities of this platform are endless, from editing photos and branding content for social media, to suing templates to create project reports and annual reports this platform has been hugely helpful and time saving. Not to mention it is super user-friendly and takes no specific skills or computer knowledge to use this platform.

Cons

This platform is great, the only thing I would change is that when you download multiple files it automatically compresses them into a zip file and downloads as a single file. I have not been able to find a way to change this in the settings, so have to manually click and download each file separately when it is a imagine to preserve image quality and ensure it can be uploaded correctly.

Reasons for choosing Canva

Canva was free for NPOs and it took me a matter of minutes to familiarise myself with the platform and start using it as my main graphic design and editing software of choice.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Canva is free, its user friendly and much more options to choose from.

Patrik

Canva review

We started using Canva as soon as we first heard about it. For the first months, we tried the free version, which offers a huge number of options for the average user. Subsequently, we chose the pro version, which is at an excellent price compared to the competition. Today, we mainly use Canva to create posts for social networks.

Pros

The possibility of using the free version Possibility to pay a joint paid subscription A large number of functions even in the free version The possibility of scheduling posts 5 GB cloud storage already in the free version

Cons

Some modifications could already be in the free version, but it is not so important.

Reasons for choosing Canva

Much higher price. Canva pro suits us well enough for our needs.

Reasons for switching to Canva

More features that we needed.

Lawrent

October 2022

the tool that revolutionized the way we designed graphics for our social media tools

It took us multiple software and a lot more time to create content in the past. With Canva, we can create beautiful very usable posts in a very short time.

Pros

Canva is easy to use, user-friendly, and allows you to create content in no time. The pro version comes with a huge resource library (called "elements") (royalty-free photos, videos, and graphics.) that can also be edited.The drag-and-drop feature is efficient and allows you to import content, edit it, rearrange it on your project, and export it in no time.The 'background remover' feature is one of the most efficient tools I've ever used to remove picture backgrounds.Finally, when you create a project, you first choose to what media you want it for, and Canva will automatically adjust the size, saving you the time to tweak the size on your own afterward.Canva templates contain typeface and colors that you can edit to meet your needs (if you have a preferred style or a brand style, you can change the color theme in a click)

Cons

The collaboration feature is great but not included in the pro version, and therefore comes at a more expensive price.For some reason, the 'export to Instagram' feature doesn't work for us, it opens Instagram in camera mode. We, therefore, have to download the video of our post and manually import it to Instagram.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Instagram's built-in editor is brilliant but not as brilliant as Canva's.

Alexia

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

October 2022

Great for startups looking for quality graphic designs at a good cost

Pros

What I like most about Canva is how you can change the size of your design for PDF, social media, book, etc. without ruining the current template. The tool makes it easy and the design always looks good. I also like the variety the platform gives me for presentations in comparison with tools suck as PowerPoint and Google Slides. I am able to remove backgrounds, add elements, add videos, add music, add cool titles, etc.

Cons

I feel the video editing features are very limited. They are not a lot of options yet. I hope to see more in the future. For now, I cannot do my video editing on Canva as the features are too limited.

Reasons for choosing Canva

The interface of Canva is much more user-friendly and I feel that Canva is always making updates to respond to customer needs. Other platforms are missing this constant newness.

Alice

Industry: Translation and Localization

October 2022

Excellent tool for design and layout organization

I would recommend Canva to anyone for different purposes. It makes any text look great and more "professional" just because layout is what ones expcets it to be. I am enthusiastic about it.

Pros

This software is amazing since it offer the possibility to customize thousands of templates for different purposes. The free version of the software is also very useful, even if it has a smaller number of features but since everything is manageable, this makes Canva great. I discovered it by chance and won't stop using it in the future.

Cons

When you download a template with customised information, you can only get a PDF or an image and then you need to go back to the tool if you want to make changes. This is not so immediate and asks a little training and patience.

Publisher stopped to be included in the basic version of Microsoft 365

Sindyna

utilização e funcionalidades

o melhor para slides de apresentação, a variedade de layouts é incrivel.

Pros

um dos melhores software para criar apresentações, possuem diversos layouts personalizáveis gratuitos.

Cons

alguns dos bons recursos, sao pagos, porem possuem um periodo de teste gratis.

Reasons for switching to Canva

o canvas possui uma variedade melhor de layouts.

Arun Sarathy

November 2022

My "go-to" portal for EVERYTHING Design!

Overall, I cannot live without Canva, that's for sure! I am also a big fan and have been paying for its subscription to get the most out of what it offers. Their company and its culture, management - everything seems genuine and I love any company that offers genuine solutions via their products to the mass audience.

Pros

It's a cake walk to get started and use Canva, and I am a proud user since 2014! After a fellow blogger introduced me to Canva, it was love at first sight and no other graphic design platform has been so efficient and intuitive to me.Here are some of the Pros:1. They have plenty of templates, and more added every month almost!2. They also have pretty easy integrations with other API-driven platforms - zapier, pabbly, etc.3. With a paid subscription (that I have, it's a no-brainer), I get to create branded color sets and easy to use presets.4. Not to forget the plethora of design elements that come with the paid subscription. 5. The free version of Canva itself is more than enough for someone who is a casual user for design creations. E.g. Bloggers, Teachers, YouTubers, etc.

Cons

The biggest con to me with Canva is that the tool (rarely) sometimes doesn't sync well, and it hangs. I have to refresh or wait for sometime to pickup where I left. Maybe I am too fast in designing and using it, but when the tool doesn't catchup with my pace, it's kinda annoying.

Ashley

Easy to Use but Easy to Spot

Overall, Canva is a true asset for those in need of dependable software for simple graphic design. I've used Canva since 2016 and the advances its made over the years are exciting. The brand isn't quite one year old yet (at the time of this review) but has made major strides. I definitely recommend it to small businesses and content creators.

Pros

This is by far one of the easiest graphic design tools to learn how to use. The functionality of the software is simplified for absolute beginners to try their hand at creating various digital assets, such as social media posts, flyers, and presentations. For those with more graphic/digital media design experience but don't consider themselves professionals, the software provides intuitive features that are allow for greater enhancements and differentiation from the stock templates. I especially like that there is a multitude of tools and guidance available within the Features, Explore, and Community menus on the site. It's easy to set up a team and share items with those not set up with accounts on Canva, as well. And when using the paid version of Canva, you are able to create a full asset folder for multiple brands/projects.

Cons

An area of concern is the fact that many use the templates as-is so it's often easy to spot a Canva user on social media. Canva could remedy this more by increasing the promotion of its Design School within the Learn tab on the site. Many are unaware it's even there. In terms of function, though there are many free features alongside the option to upload assets to create designs, Canva's free plan doesn't have a filter that allows you to sort freemiums from premiums. Currently, you can use their in-design search feature to filter templates by color and language only. Outside of templates, you can only search for keywords. I do believe that the creation of this feature would be useful.

Lalao

September 2022

Canva - Un outil polyvalent pour la créativité et la croissance des entreprises

Dans l'ensemble, j'ai eu une expérience positive en utilisant Canva. C'est un outil incroyablement utile. Il me permet de créer facilement des visuels d'aspect professionnel pour mon entreprise, ce qui contribue à améliorer mon image de marque. De plus, il m'aide à économiser de l'argent et du temps en me permettant de créer des graphiques moi-même plutôt que d'engager un graphiste. Pour toutes ces raisons, je recommande fortement ce logiciel qui est réellement d'utilité publique.

Pros

J'aime beaucoup la convivialité de ce logiciel, ce qui en fait un outil facile à utiliser même pour les débutants. J'aime également le fait qu'il offre aux utilisateurs un ensemble complet de fonctionnalités, par exemple des modèles prêts à l'emploi pour une grande variété de situations, des photos et des graphiques gratuits (et payants), sans compter la possibilité de sauvegarder les designs, téléchargements et projets sur son tableau de bord. ll présente aussi un bon rapport qualité/prix pour les versions payantes et ses outils avancés pour les collaborateurs en font un choix idéal pour les professionnels. Canva est réellementt un outil polyvalent qui m'a aidé à développer ma créativité (donc, mon entreprise) et je l'utilise toujours à de nombreuses fins.

Cons

L'un des inconvénients de Canva est qu'il existe de nombreuses fonctionnalités très utiles mais payantes (premium), par exemple le redimensionnement des images. Les fonctions d'édition de photos sont limitées, pour ceux qui recherchent des capacités d'édition plus complètes. J'aime tout particulièrement travailler avec ce logiciel, et pour cette raison, je trouve que les modèles de conception devraient être davantage diversifiés.

Elsa

September 2022

I can't recommend it enough

I use it every day and it might be the most fun part of my days.

Pros

This is a key tool for my creative team. Social media, flyers, presentations, investor pitches, sales pitches... anything and everything goes through Canva. It is SO easy to use that you need no onboarding. We constantly get congratulated on our designs, and they are most times just templates adapted to our branding. SO many options to choose from, it's great for when you're on a creative rut.

Cons

Nothing, I absolutely love Canva and cannot recommend it enough.

Reasons for choosing Canva

The cost and the fact that Canva has no comparison for social media and presentation creation

Reasons for switching to Canva

No difference in the easiness of use, options, countless templates... and PRICE!

Jessie

September 2022

A fantastic tool to design with ease!

It has greatly benefited us in that it has renewed our reputation in terms of the contribution to brand advertising. It aids in fostering clients' individuality and ingenuity. It has distinguished itself as a very beneficial product for meeting the demands of visual projects. I was able to use it with outstanding quality and effectiveness. It has aided in our comprehension of the value of having a strong image in terms of logos and exceptional designs.

Pros

Canva is an application that I really enjoy using because it allows for the quick and easy development of designs. It has exceptional support for building positive relationships with problem solvers. Making any kind of logo is quite fun; all you have to do is pick a design and then alter the text color, some vectors, and the fonts to fit your preferences. Having a sizable picture library allows you to choose any of them quickly and without leaving the page.

Cons

The Canva UI needs to be a little more responsive because while I'm loading some templates, everything freezes for a while.

Reasons for choosing Canva

I chose Canva because of all the features it incorporates and the advantages it provides to the company by assisting us in creating fantastic visual material that can be used in a variety of contexts. It has everything necessary to satisfy graphic design requirements and a little bit more. This material works well on PCs and mobile devices and doesn't require you to be an expert in design to use it.

Kirsten

August 2022

I love Canva, and you should too!

I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE WHO IS FLUSTERED. Whether you are in media, film, graphic design, or business owner you need to create quick and easy flyers. Canva is the right software for you!

Pros

This software has been game-changing for me. I own my business and do videography work on the side and this is a software I use daily. What I like the most about this software is easy to use and fast to catch on to. Photoshop was so discouraging trying to figure out all the settings from scratch, but Canva can* teaches you the basics, provide templates, and graphic elements, and you can build from there. They offer blogs about some graphic design basics that you can read off the site or the app. One of the main features I love about Canva that keeps me in the pro-version is exporting to different resolutions. I'm able to make one brand poster and change it into a flyer, Instagram post, video, etc. This feature saves you so much time and helps get a lot of brand awareness out. AND IT'S SUPER AFFORDABLE FOR PRO VERSION! You are doing a disservice to yourself by not getting pro. The Free version has so many features but the Pro version makes it so much for efficient and it makes a difference in productivity.

Cons

I guess the only thing I would say that I like the least about this software, is that it's not respected as a skill. I find it very narrow-minded because it can achieve just as much as Photoshop and maybe more as a beginner but the software does get a lot of hate. I love the software and I highly recommend it but I'm not sure what advice I can give to the Canva team to change that stigma.

Reasons for choosing Canva

Canva is great for all the tasks I need and mainly the interface was very user-friendly and helped me to finish my projects faster.

Reasons for switching to Canva

The user interface was very overwhelming and it was frustrating trying to use it and I was not happy with the products I was making. The price point of Adobe Platform is ridiculously overpriced!

Nikk

Industry: Photography

August 2022

More than photo and video editing

As a photographer I need professional image editing software, Canva fell just a little short but it provides so much more that I utilize on a daily basis. I created our current logo using Canva and I get compliments all the time. Other business owners ask me where I had it made and would I refer them. I love telling them that I made it myself using Canva.

Pros

Canva provides many creative services. Create a logo for your business and create advertisements that can be printed or shared on social media. Create data visualization for your own use or to share with team members Edit images - filter, blur, light adjustment, resize, layer, remove or replace background, etc. Edit videos or create your own using the animated library. Any design can be started from a blank slate or with a customizable template. When exporting files users can choose from a variety of formats and destinations. Imported files are stored. I'm always impressed with the libraries and the quality of search and filter. Search Canvas entire library or filter to photos, backgrounds, graphics, charts and graphs, frames, templates, and more.

Cons

Canva does have great editing tools but they aren't the best available. Video editing specifically could be better. Canva free is restrictive and requires the user to sort through piles of paid items to find free items, no filter.

Reasons for choosing Canva

Canva was the first product that I dove into researching. After trying Canva free I fekt there was no need to purchase or demo the others.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Stencil wasnt cutting it at all. Needed an upgrade ASAP. Canva provides much more.

Ion