Browse Darkroom Reviews

Mike from Starlite DJ

review for darkroom photo booth

Pros

After many attempts getting info from the competition, I found Darkroom to meet and exceed all my expectations for a photo booth system! Simple to use for myself and customers using the booth!

Cons

The odd bug now and again, but developers are on it with online fb chat and support!

Matt from MF

Easy to use but powerful

If you're a professional photographer, Darkroom is a great piece of software to have in your collection. It's very user friendly and easy to learn, and has many options and functions for your photography. I also like the dropbox intergration. I use dropbox a lot for getting my files online and sharing them or accessing them elsewhere, so being able to easily get them from Darkroom to Dropbox is very nice. And their greenscreen editing is a nice feature as well. Highly recommend Darkroom.

Pros

I enjoy the dropbox integration for easily getting the images online to share. The interface is simple and easy to use, but powerful.

Cons

The price could be better, but for how simple and easy it is yet many many functions it has, I think it's worth it.

Ella from Kitchen Restock

The system is great for simple edits and organizing a catalog, nevertheless I was underwhelmed.

Pros

Great for cataloging and organizing orders. The software does not bog down the computer like some other editing softwares.

Cons

The limitations for editing. Only if you connect this with Photoshop is this really worth anything.

Darkroom helps my workflow, helps my business grow.

I'm able to get everything to my clients in a timely manner, and have no problems with anything.

Pros

What isn't there to like about this software? Overall, the program as a whole is clean and runs beautifully. The way things are organized inside this program makes it so much easier to edit.

Cons

There are some limitations to editing, which can be great at times but when you need more advanced editing, it's not there. You'll have to go into photoshop for that.

Wayne from Studio 72 Images

Great Options and functionality

Pros

I am a semi-pro photographer, I have used Darkroom since it was launched. While i thing the cost may be a bit much, it is a great piece of software to have in your arsenal . Darkrooms integrations are very useful and assist with my workflow.

Cons

The one thing that I liked the least was the end cost for the product.

Mark from Shining Star Photo Booth

Industry standard in photo processing software

I use various versions of Darkroom for event photography and photo booth work.

Pros

Powerful set of features, especially in chromakeying and event photography. Intuitive interface guides you easily. Stable and reliable.

Cons

There is a disconnect in Darkroom Core and Darkroom Booth in reliability. The Booth version is a bit newer to market and as a result has some bugs in it that hopefully will be resolved as it matures.

Good for editing photographs

Overall Darkroom is fast and very easy to use. Highly recommend it!

Pros

Its clean interface is very intuitive. Very easy to use and with powerful tools, Darkroom is a very good editor.

Cons

The only issue bothering us is the price - it can be a bit more affordable. Apart from that, we don't have any issues with it.

Sabastian from The Dynasty

Not a bad start if you're just starting and have money to burn

It's a basic program with basic features. If you're just starting out, this is a great product.

Pros

Darkroom is great for beginners who don't care about price and don't need a lot of features available on various other platforms.

Cons

Kind of dated. The features are there, but it seems to have been left in the dark, so to speak, with regards to newer programs available. Cost is a little high for what it offers.

Florin from Redline Multimedia SRL

Industry: Computer Hardware

Good experience, but can be greater

Pros

easy to use, easy to set up, in one word easy. They could extend the scope of utility a bit, but good value for money

Cons

they could extend the scope of utility and decrease the price, it should be more affordable for every day users

Amit from Ghelani Studio

Great for Event Photography

Print on site at events is our Buisness and DR helps us to do just that.

Pros

Addition of green screen in 9.2 is great.

Cons

I think the whole interface looks very dated, and think the program could do with a facelift.

Thileepan from Sakthimicro System

Industry: Computer Hardware

Darkroom easy photos Retouching tools

staff learning cost very cheap and we can editing our photos without time waste

Pros

Darkroom User Interface very clean & clear so any type user understand the tools. Darkroom Sell features is different from any other photo editors, because instantly creating and showing previews for your customers before printing, also you can directly publishing & selling product Directly third party websites.

Cons

Darkroom have may tools, so no need additional filters or plugins from third party and easy to learn so your staff training cost very cheap. Darkroom editing tools icon very simple and in front of User Interface so complications free editing application,

LOVE DARKROOM

Pros

We use Darkroom for 5 of our photo booths. This is so easy to use when we have 2 green screens. No longer do we have to digitally cut out the people. Uploading Graphics, and Backgrounds are so easy! I love that we can save the pictures to Dropbox, and upload right to Facebook. I love the feature to text and email right to clients phone. This was so easy to set up and the tutorials were very helpful! So many options to use we are not even close to using them all.

Cons

None at all this product is the best!

Flashy photos in a moment!

Pros

I liked all the customization available as well as the easy one-click integration with Photoshop which I use ALL the time.

Cons

So far I've loved everything... working on integrating custom graphics

Angelo from Taylormade Automotive

Not quite the all-in-one software

Pros

Reminds me a lot of a very old software from the early computer days. It's light, simple, and easy to use.

Cons

Too old looking. It isn't attractive. Having to find HELP to use, or to find how to use some features were difficult.

Jesus from Caballero portraits

Industry: Photography

Darkroom Booth is amazing.

I own a photo-booth company and I really don't want to emphasize the greatness of the software, but rather the amazing customer service Darkroom offers. Several times I've needed help with updates and they have always been there for me. Strongly recommended.

Pros

Amazing customer service.

July 2015

Cary from Portratography

July 2015

I wouldn,t wish this software on my own enemy

This is a shady company that offers no support and they charge $100 an hour. they only exist to sell you over priced upgrades. find another solution

An okay program

Pros

It's light, simple, and easy to use. Other than that this program could use some drastic improvements

Cons

Too old looking. It isn't interesting enough for me personally from a design standpoint.. hard to find how to use some features.