Browse PhotoScape X Reviews

CeLeste from Self-Employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Good for Amateur and Beginner Photo Editing

My overall experience with this Photoscape X is very good. It does make it a little easier and faster to edit images. I would recommend this application for its ease of use, ease of navigation, quality editing features (even in the free version), and that it is basically beginner-friendly. Since you can easily use the free version for as long as you want or upgrade for more advanced features, it is a win-win in general.

Pros

Photoscape X is my go-to application because it is ideal for quick and efficient image editing. The features and tools it offers are highly functional. It is great for newbie image creators or wannabe creators to start for free, but it is surely worth the one-time price of $39.99. It is easy to find most of the features you need. It makes resizing and cropping images easy. I use it for my eBay images. It offers great exposure leveling, brightness leveling, image correcting, and color-enhancing features to make my pictures pop! It also makes it easy to work with multiple images for batch editing. Also, it is very easy to write text within an image (I make memes with it occasionally) and add fun stickers. It is fun to create simple designs for just about any project.

Cons

While most of the essential image editing functions are easy to find, some features are less easy to locate which can be tedious when I am in a hurry. It works perfectly on my laptop, but I am not sure about the mobile app yet. The most recent issue I have noticed is that it lags and/or freezes when I am in the middle of editing. Though that does not happen a lot, it has been happening some in recent months even after I cleaned and cleared my memory and cache. I am not sure what that is about. Finally, if you want to make images look like you edited them in Photoshop (i.e. extra special functions), Photoscape X does not do that. It does perform brilliantly for essential photo editing.

Reasons for Choosing PhotoScape X

Technically, I have not chosen it "over" the others, but Photoscape X is my go-to for quick, easy, and efficient image editing for most of my visual content. I use the other three mentioned for more advanced options that take more of my time. I do use it more than any other photo editing program.

Aline Cristina from Aline Cristina

Good designer software.

My experience with this software, in general, is very good, it has always made it easier for my designers to make the arts. I recommend this software because it is not necessary to have the knowledge to handle it, it is easy and practical to move.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of handling, it contains several tools that make it easy to create a designer. The photo resizing tool's function is excellent. I always use it to help me create my social network posts of the right size for each one.

Cons

The icons inside the software should be more updated, with new figurines to make the designer arts more creative.

Reasons for Switching to PhotoScape X

Because you can access it through a browser, there is no need to download it to your computer. In my opinion, this is a great advantage of software because this way our computer is not overloaded.

Carolina from Meximigra

The view towards Photoscape.

I have always liked it, it was part of my youth and now I use it in my work. The functions have changed little so do a good job using it. It is nostalgic software. From the access to the functionality of the photos, it is very good at showing all the photos in the folders present on the computer at the same time.

Pros

The program is part of the software used since the beginning of the internet. At the time, one of the best possible tools to edit your photos. Its very ease of use is what continues to attract attention. The handling of the edition follows is fast and very understandable for all ages (something necessary in a world where not everyone has a computer knowledge). Each function is specially marked to stand out, so it is possible to use Photoscape without having knowledge of photo editing at high level.

Cons

What I like the least is the functionality of the stickers, the letters or the lines that can be edited for the photographs. It is essential that a competitive product is present in the minds of the youngest, so that it is eye-catching.

Mona from self

Meets my needs - and then some.

I use this software constantly. Any picture I take, that I want to display - either for myself - or for others to enjoy - gets edited to some extent in this software. If nothing else, I crop, and adjust brightness and contrast so that the picture is pleasing to the eye. I might also add optional filters, depending on the subject matter. Overall, easy to easy, and robust with features.

Pros

Very rich in features. Anything and everything I need to do, to edit my photos is available. Note: I am NOT a photographer, I don't do any work, professionally, with photos. I'm talking purely as an everyday user who likes to edit my own photos for my own enjoyment. Crop, adjust colors, resize, etc. Simple edits like that as well as hundreds more are available and fairly easy to use.

Cons

Their auto-adjustment features aren't too good. I've used other photo editing software that handles auto-adjustments better. Therefore I opt not to use their auto-adjustments. Instead, I tweak each aspect individually, on my own.

Reasons for Switching to PhotoScape X

Needed to install on new machine, found PhotoScape and liked what I saw.

Erika from Kakaku

PHOTOSCAPE X: Love-Hate Relationship

PHOTOSCAPE X is a great app if you are trying to make fun or surprise somebody. It could also work for special events like Halloween, but for today's feed, there needs to be a good upgrading to attract new users who are driven with likes and hearts.

Pros

PHOTOSCAPE X is one of the first software I saw in the market for photo editing on your phone. It wasn't so trendy a few years ago compared to now. It also had many interesting features that weren't present with other photo editors. When I used it, it was for free still, but looking at it now, USD 3.99 isn't bad for getting a lot of features.

Cons

The first problem I had with PHOTOSCAPE X is that when I was in the middle of editing or almost at the finishing touches, it will just close, therefore, the editing I did wasn't saved and it felt like a waste of time. Another thing that is a con with the app is that the features are limited to silly editing that one wouldn't really like to post on SNS like Instagram.

Reasons for Switching to PhotoScape X

I needed to curate better images for work and for personal use.

Tina from Fantasybooksland

Industry: Publishing

Better for professionals

Good. I will continue to use Photoscape for making collages.

Pros

I especially like the collage option. It's the main feature for which I used Photoscape X. It has many frame options to combine and position the images you want. I also used it to blur some text in order to hide some details that were personal. It has many other functions like adding text, stickers, and removing blemishes, but if you're looking for a software to create quick social media posts or posters, it might be a bit difficult for beginners.

Cons

It's not always easy to find the functions you're looking for.

Reasons for Switching to PhotoScape X

Adobe Illustrator has many other features that I don't need. It's best for experienced graphic designers.

PhotoScape Rocks!

In a short amount of time, I'm able to create graphics to share on Instagram, use in presentations, or hand out as flyers. The app is so easy to use, especially if you're not a graphic designer by trade. I was offered PhotoShop but chose to use PhotoScape

Pros

PhotoScape is super easy to use to create graphics for slides, Instagram, flyers, and more. It is an intuitive program with a pretty straightforward layout. You can import pictures, add text, shapes, change colors, delete backgrounds from photos, etc.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that it does not open .eps files. I've also had issues where I wasn't able to crop a picture that I was adding to a graphic in the program itself. I've also had a problem where I've had to add text to a graphic before it would let me add an image to the graphic. To me, these are pretty minor problems compared to its usefulness.

Reasons for Choosing PhotoScape X

PhotoScape was much more intuitive to use than PhotoShop for someone like me, who does not have a lot of time to learn how to use a program and often needs to make graphics very quickly.

An almost "lightroom" without so much pretension.

From all the years I've been using it, it's always a lifesaver to have it with me. Not only because of its ease of use, but in less difficult jobs, it is the best ally. It achieves results equal to those that can be achieved working with more complex products.

Pros

Completely intuitive. It is a product that allows the user not only to "get out of trouble", but also to make small editions, add texts and make corrections to photographs professionally in minutes. It should be noted that these photographic corrections must be without giant pretensions. If what you are looking for is a good color correction and small editions, it is an excellent program. It is also worth mentioning its other functions, such as filter templates and batch photo editing.

Cons

There were giant improvements. However, taking into account that social networks have no pause, and it is mostly a product used by "amateur" people, I would think it would be appropriate to add a section of (pre-established) formats designed for the social networks of the moment.

Convenience

Personally, the software is very important to me because my work is with photos and I am currently not able to pay for a paid version and this software provides many free features that are of great value to me when editing my work. I didn't have a desktop for a while and downloaded the software on my cell phone, which allowed me to edit my work with great quality.

Pros

I loved. It is a great option for those who need to improve their photographs, but cannot afford to buy the paid version. They release a lot of great features in the free version.

Cons

Personally, for me who work with photos I still have nothing to complain about this software. I'm using the free version and it complies with what it promises to do, in terms of its released resources.

Photoscape un gran comienzo

Comencé a usar photoscape cuando estaba en la escuela, no tenia ninguna noción de edición y el programa fue bastante amigable para introducirme a esta, fue muy fácil de usar y pude aprender por mi misma. Lo recomiendo completamente para personas que están recién empezando en el mundo de la edicion.

Pros

Lo que mas me gusta de este software es que se puede usar con facilidad y la gran cantidad de opciones que tiene, se pueden hacer gif, collage y también editar fotos. Brinda una edición de nivel básico muy completa y rápida, sin duda es una gran herramienta para los comienzos en la edición.

Cons

Creo que lo que menos me gusta es que el menú para seleccionar la foto a editar es un poco complicado de manejar, podría mejorarse para hacer que este fuera mucho mas fácil de entender para usuarios nuevos, además de eso se podrían mejorar las herramientas de recorte, salvo esos detalles es un excelente programa.

December 2021

Armando from Digitaliza S.A

December 2021

Retouch your photos with class and enjoy.

To retouch the photos whit class it is extremely good, easy to use and very fast. It doesn't require a lot of hardware.

Pros

What I liked the most about PhotosScape X was the different templates to retouch the photos, give effects and highlight the colors.

Cons

What I didn't like is that I couldn't professionally edit the effects as I wanted. Nor do I choose my gamma of colors and / or different palettes. I had to scale to another professional design solution

Jessica from Dark Matter Brand

Photoscape X , easy and effective

Overall I would say that I've had an amazing experience with Photoscape. From the very beginning i haven't encountered any issues with the software itself.

Pros

I have been using Photoscape for over 3 years now and i absolutely adore it. It's easy to use, quick with many features - even on the free version. And the paid version is extremely affordable as well. Whenever a friend of colleague has asked what i would re comment for a beginner , who hasn't studied editing or photography. I always suggest Photoscape.

Cons

There really isnt any issues that i have personally encountered with the software itself, if there were to be a con is that it works best on a pc/laptop that has a fast cpu and enough disk space. the fuller your drive, the slower the program will be.

Reasons for Switching to PhotoScape X

Photoshop is difficult for a beginner to use, especially if you have no background in editing, and is expensive if your just starting out. So when I had discovered Photoscape, i was amazed at how easy it was to use. As well as how affordable it is compared to Photoshop. So Photoscape was the obvious choice for me.

Ricardo from Ricardo's Handcraft

Simple Solutions to Difficult Problems

Since I started producing content for the internet I felt the need for a light and simple program to create my thumbnails, and after I started using PhotoScape X I never stopped using it. It was the perfect solution to create the right image for the theme of the content produced, an indispensable tool for me. Long and prosperous life for PhotoScape X.

Pros

The software brings simple and very interactive solutions so that you can edit your images or photo album, it allows a good interaction with external files and plugins, with many image and text effects to personalize your images and leave them with the necessary aspect for expose your ideas.

Cons

Perhaps one of the difficulties of the software is the availability of effects, figures and native icons in the free version, after a while using the same options the works can be repetitive, but nothing that a good amount of external material does not solve. And maybe it would be interesting to start offering an interface that supports images with high definition and with more options of formats.

André Luiz from longwork

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great for editing photos

I use softawere very often, I always use the batch editing feature, it makes my job a lot easier, it is perfect for anyone looking for a complete tool with a free version.

Pros

Photoscape X is an excellent software for photo editing, it is possible to make corrections to brightness and exposure, cropping and montage of several photos, has a function to reduce the size of photo files and supports several image formats, with it and It is possible to make edits in batches, a feature that makes it much easier when taking a nap working with a large number of images.

Cons

Photoscape X could have a version for smartphones or even on web platforms, it would facilitate the user who needs access to it at all times.

marcelo from editor

Industry: Photography

practical and easy photoscape for those working with photo editing

PhotoScape offers several tools for editing images. They allow you to adjust brightness and color, white balance, background correction and resize the photo size. In addition, you can also insert frames, filters, balloons, make a mosaic, add text, remove red eyes and blur images. The program also offers batch editing, where it is possible to edit several images, how to resize or frame all the images at once. This tool makes life easier for the user who needs to edit several photos with the same pattern.

Pros

very easy to use practical and objective anyone can use.

Cons

you can’t change the background of a photo quite accurately like other programs.

Amanda from Worship Outlet

Industry: Writing and Editing

Photoscape- Excellent for Beginners!

Overall, Photoscape is easy to use and doesn't require studying hours to figure out. The options for editing are more limited than Photoshop, for example, but it gets the job done.

Pros

Photoscape is user friendly and is easy for a beginner to learn. It's useful for editing photos and has some fun light filters and overlays that make editing faster and easier. Printing edited photos also turns out excellent.

Cons

The free version doesn't have as many capabilities and options, obviously. For example, it's difficult to figure out how to edit multiple photos in Photoscape. I usually just edit them one at a time in the program. You can copy and paste previous settings, which is a plus, but it still seems to take longer in my opinion.

Scott from REDCOM Laboratories

The best value photo editing software on the market.

For anyone not already using photoshop, this is a great beginner tool for the everyday worker.

Pros

Very powerful and easy to use photo editing tools. Batch editing and background erasing to create transparent .png files are my favorite tools.

Cons

Nothing. It is perfect for the price and met all of my expectations.

Reasons for Switching to PhotoScape X

My improvements of Photoscape.

Ornella from 3+ Arquitectos

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Photoscapre herramienta de aprendizaje

Uso photoscape desde que estaba en la escuela, antes de entrar a la universidad a estudiar arquitectura y la verdad fue el primer software de edición que aprendí a usar sin un curso o una capacitación previa, por lo que creo que es perfecto para iniciarse en la edición, no tengo ninguna queja sobre el programa, la verdad tuve una buena experiencia, aun lo uso en ocasiones cuando necesito hacer gifs o cosas rápidas.

Pros

Lo que mas me ha gustado es la rapidez con la que se pueden descubrir las herramientas que hay disponibles, así mismo la cantidad de cosas que puedes hacer, editar, crear gif, collage, etc. la verdad es que es una herramienta muy fácil de usar, sin duda estas son las cosas que mas me han gustado.

Cons

Lo que menos me ha gustado del software es lo engorroso del meno para seleccionar la carpeta de procedencia de la imagen, podría manifestarse en una opción mas clara, pero mas allá de eso considero que el programa funciona de forma adecuada, no es de los mejores programas para editar pero si esta en un nivel intermedio para empezar.

great software for simple photo editing and capturing

mostly i used this software for capturing screen and type some word on the photo.

Pros

there is have many way to capture. region capture, screen capture are very important.

Cons

this software have sipmle photo editing tool. i think if it improve to photo editing side much better.

Photoscape X is simple, but it is a great image editing and processing software.

Photoscape X is great software. It has very useful tools for editing, creating and processing photos. As entry-level software for beginners is perfect. Works great on computers of modest use because it is very light. Don't be fooled by its simple appearance, Photoscape has features that allow great productivity at work. It has the ability to deliver high quality work. The Photoscape cannot compare himself to the leader of the segment, but It surprised me in a powerful way, I strongly recommend It.

Pros

Extremely lightweight software that allows excellent quality work.

Cons

The software still needs some tools to be more complete.

tony from Self employed

A best experience with photoscape

Its a free software with an exciting features which makes the software user-friendly...

Pros

First off all it is user friendly and there is no complications even for the beginners. Many features and brilliant templates are available in it. Easier than any other editing softwares

Cons

It's lagging is somewhat bothering me, and freezes sometimes when working with more files

Reasons for Choosing PhotoScape X

I like the way , that i work with this application.... Its not coveting my time... I am convinced...

Elaina from America Beyond

For Beginners

I feel like it helped me grow in my career and has educated me with editing and enhancing photos.

Pros

I loved this software as it was easy to use and the more I use it the more I learn about editing and cleaning up photos etc

Cons

In the beginning it seemed complicated but as I used it I was able to learn and create some great photos as well edit bad ones.

Kris from Kecommunications

Great Photo and Graphics Editor

Needed software that could adjust pixel size and found so much more. Now my go-to for image design.

Pros

Fairly easy to use even for beginners. Lots of bells and whistles for experienced designers. Can change pixel sizes.

Cons

I haven't tried to change the view yet but the default is a bit small. Can be hard to identify the image you need.

Stacey from CPG Agency

Great for Editing Photos

Overall I had a great experience with Photoscape and would recommend it.

Pros

I used to use Photoscape all the time in high school before other photo editing apps came out. It had really great tools for editing the colors of photos.

Cons

I didn't really have any problems with this software. It fit my needs and I enjoyed using it when I was in high school.

Sharifah from UTM Malaysia

One of the best app for beginners

Pros

What I like the most about this app is it is very easy to use to edit pictures and create gif files. Definitely recommended.

Cons

What I like the least about this app is I took some time to adapt with some of the app's features. I have to use it regularly in order to be comfortable using this app efficiently.

Nayanajith from Tech solutions

Easy use

Actually im using this software for my editing activities and its runs smoothly and i like this very much and also lot of functions to choose.

Pros

i liked the editing parts most lot of functionalities and easy to use and good interface

Cons

Actually overall there is nothing i dont like about this software

Le from Anh Lee Design

Review Photoscape X

Very easy to use. however, there are a lot of in-depth customizations.

Pros

I like the effects Film and frames, It is easy to use and has many effects

Cons

tab color in tab editor, Easy to get acquainted with newbies

Intensive color correction

Spyridon from I. Kontaratos & Co Ltd

Very good photo editing software

Very good photo free editing software, it enables me to do photo editing easily.

Pros

Free, easy to use and with many capabilities. It enables me to do photo editing in a simple and straightforward way.

Cons

I didn't find any disadvantages of it, everything is simple. Because it has many different editing options , it may just needs some time to get used to it.

Reasons for Switching to PhotoScape X

Didn't have many photo editing capabilities.

Henro from NWU Potchefstroom

Free photo editing: PhotoScape X

PhotoScape X is definitely an outstanding choice for a beginner editor with a low budget. Just be sure to know what tools you have at your disposal.

Pros

There are a huge amount of unique and professional features that can be used in PhotoScape X. As long as you can see what you want to transform a picture into: with PhotoScape X, you can make it real. There is quite a large community of people to help with using the app if you do not understand something or if you want to find a specific feature. There are not many apps as professional as PhotoScape X which is free, but this one is.

Cons

For a beginner in PhotoScape X, the interface and large amount of functionality may be daunting, and the chances of not being able to use the app to its full potential from the get-go are almost certain. Some of the features and editing categories can use some improvement, but for a free app, it is still above average.

PhotoScape is Very nice

Photoshop, Adobe XD

Pros

is a very easy to use image editing software, its main feature is its ease of use and the results it offers.

Cons

I only find his int.erface not modern, but nothing to be desired

Edson from airdropsky

Photoscape helps me in my day to day.

I recommend photoscape because you can edit your photos with just a few clicks and it is very easy to understand, so the software is good ...

Pros

With Photoscape I edit my photos, I leave them with high quality standards and my clients are satisfied ...

Cons

Very complicated to download, it asks for a series of things that ends up making the installation boring.

Cassia Aparecida from ASPRO COM. E SERV.

Basic but excellent!

I already used posts on social networks, family cards for personal work and today I use for simple jobs in the company that doesn't require a lot of detail, simple fixes in photos, create GiF, make photo montages, and mainly to organize my photos.

Pros

The program is basic and simple to use, has an uncomplicated interface, despite the simplicity of the program, it is able to deliver excellent results in what it proposes to do.

Cons

I didn't find any negative points in the program. I really can do everything need.

Christian from Devoteam

It has improved but...

I still use it from time to time but not as oftentimes as many options are now paid.

Pros

I've been using this software frequently throughout my life as it was a more simple choice than your usual photo editor software. It was easy to use and it came with many features and it was free.

Cons

With this new version, many features have been restricted being now available only for premium users and it seems a faux-pas when the software has been free until now, it seems a little bit more difficult to use now.

Fun image editing

Pros

It is a user friendly and easy to use software which has given many fun features and functionalities to edit my pictures and make collages from it. It also allows you to make posters and banners.

Cons

You can not save your work in between if your software crashes all of your editing will be gone and you have to start fresh, which is quite annoying.

Ashutosh from Seneca College

A good solution but vintage

Average

Pros

It was one of the easiest apps to edit photos and a good solution but lacks features of the modern photo formats

Cons

Lack of support and lack of features which the competitors have.

Adriana from Artesmaninhas

Photoshop easy execution.

With Photoscape I can Treat images, edit photos, make montages and even create a GIF.

Pros

Photoshop easy execution, many tools to transform photos.

Cons

More choice of more elaborate fonts would be nice.

Kyanij from Aqore Software Pvt Ltd.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easy photo editor

Easy to use and doesn't required any editing skills to use this app. So, this is user-friendly, and recommend everyone to use it.

Pros

It allows me to do basic photo enhancement tools like resizing, color adjustments, cropping, and cutting in the required shape. Also, it comes up with a variety of filters and effects which can be applied in an easy way. Besides that, it easily removes background images and gives us the ability to edit multiple photos as well. Furthermore, it helps to create animated GIFs. There is a lot of effects to choose from for making the photo look better.

Cons

There is no issue that I have faced so far. In fact, I'm enjoying this app.

Sheila from Hiramoto

Photoscape is good for editing images

Photoscape has helped me a lot with image editing, resizing, because in this software I can make all the montages of my company with other types of images and videos

Pros

In this software the image editor is easy to use, it has several collage options as well. I use the application to put my company's name.

Cons

In the video editing part you could have more options, because for those who work with entertainment, the more resources to be used together with the images in videos would be better.

atra from self-employed

PHOTOSCAPE X REVIEW

this software is ideal for quick and efficient image editing.

Pros

i like a most about this software was. the icon and the toolbar was so simple and easy to use.

Cons

i cam simply find my photo and the size about this software so small so i dont wory about my storage space

Caroline from Artes da Loba

A great option for those who don't want to pay for photoshop.

I have been using the App for over 2 years to edit my drawings when scanning them. It does its job well.

Pros

Very good for making contrasts, light and shadow and other details of the images more defined and beautiful. It is free and good quality software, a great option.

Cons

The design and layout are not of the quality expected today, which made me feel lost during the first hours of use. It is not very accurate when removing the background.

Saloni from Wesleyan College

Industry: Libraries

Alternative for photoshop

So far I haven't had the need to use other editing apps because of Photoscape X

Pros

I am interested in photography and although I am not really a fan of too much of editing, I have to edit some parts so Photoscape X is just the editing app I need. It doesn't cost unless for the pro version and it still has the basic editing tools.

Cons

Photoscape X pro has unlimited features however the free version is too much limited.

Prita from Lamar University

Underrated Photo software

Photoscape can be used to edit photos in no time. So I love it.

Pros

Easier than other popular photo editing software.

Cons

More filters can be introduced to make it more competitive.

Ruben from Lisbon Project

An accessible solution for photo editing

After some adaptation to its user interface, PhotoScape X proves to be a reliable and efficient solution to your photography needs.

Pros

PhotoScape X is a reliable, professional solution that gives you everything you need to edit and export your photos.

Cons

In many ways, PhotoScape X can feel outdated regarding its user interface and website. The menus can be a bit confusing.

Enrico from Università di Bologna

Useful to edit images

Used to easy edit photographs of my travels (e.g. brightness, size, colors).

Pros

Easy-to-use for peole not expert in graphic. A lot of features to customize the images are available.

Cons

It is a bit slow when saving images after editing. The images are visualized quite small while editing.

Olivia from PhotoFashionBrasil

Industry: Online Media

Photoscape very good to be used so c details to hit and be still good to use.

Can provide me many beautiful photos with colors of good totalizations

Pros

like to be able to provide colors and divisions in the options I can choose.

Cons

very old-fashioned design, no technical structure, old to look at, current 0

diversity, quality