All Pixlr Reviews

Deb

E-Learning, 1 employee

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2023

Easy to use, powerful but still needs some work

Braden

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

Full Scope Free Photo Editor

Overall Pixlr is an excellent tool! I highly recommend for small business designers, especially if you wear multiple hats within your organization.

PROS

Per the title, you can use this free! There are three versions of Pixlr 1) Pixlr E, which is the "advanced" version that is really intended for intermediate-to-advanced designers; and 2) Pixlr X, which is the basic photo editor, intended for entry level designers and/or quick photo editing; and 3) Pixlr Premium, this is the paid version. To clarify, Pixlr E is completely free as well, no added subscription or "pro" upgrade. Functionally, Pixlr E's platform mimics the layout and functionality of Photoshop, and Pixlr X is more closely related in function and format to Photoshop Express. Pixlr offers a wide variety of preset templates that provide a lot of benefit to expedite the design process. You will find blank artboard templates with preset dimensions for specific social media applications, so you don't have to worry about manually adjusting your dims each time you start a new post! Additionally, they offer a wide variety of pre-designed plug-and-play templates. Created by third-party designers, these plug-and-play templates are catered to all sorts of industries and applications - need a flyer for your classroom there's a template for that, need a brochure for a new product there's a template for that. The only caveat is that not all templates are free. Lastly, both platforms are cloud based, so you access them using the browser. This feature can be incredibly beneficial due to the file size and RAM it takes to run design programs on your PC.

CONS

Honestly, I can't really think of much negative about this product. If you are looking for additional functionality and can't find it with the Premium Paid version, you probably are in need of an alternative software altogether!

Reviewed April 2022

A brief and detailed review about pixlr.

Overall you can use this for basic image editing or your personal use but if you want to edit some premium level high definition images then you will definitely need to combine it with some other apps too because it is not self-sufficient to give an overall full editing experience. It lacks a few good editing tools.

PROS

The product is very user friendly and easy to understand people with little knowledge of photo editing can also use pixlr and can create some good content. They brighten and darken are the features that are unique and I use them a lot I have not seen these two editing tools on any other photo editing app even auto fix , auto contrast , red eye effect these are tools that take pixlr to another level. I mostly combine them with some other editing apps and trust me guys the results are commendable. After editing all the images I put them on my business social pages. The engagement of customers has been increased a lot.

CONS

Options like real-time time editing and recommendations of filers or presets these are the main features that are missing in pixlr which can be seen is other editing platforms. It is a full manual photo editing app and will recommend you anything, tools are also limited. I have been using it for more than 2 years now but still, now I have not noticed the introduction of any major editing tool. Some of its filters are useless you can never use them they are just very dark damages image quality.

Reasons for switching to Pixlr

It was just a hit and trial as I am editing images for a long time that's why to reach the best photo editing app I almost tried most of the photo editing platforms.

Ngala Emmanuel

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

It's ideal for quick image editing

For a free tool, it's not bad as it helps to accomplish quick image editing tasks. I won't really recommend it for advanced editing.

PROS

Pixlr has some features that can be admired and useful when it comes to image editing.- First and foremost, it's quite easy to use and also friendly in design quality.- secondly, It supports some of my favorite cloud integrations like Google Drive and Dropbox which I use more often for backing up my files.- It supports layers and masks, which are essential for advanced image editing, making it easier to apply changes and adjustments to images.- It's web-based and available in my native language (The English Language).

CONS

- It's very Limited Advanced Editing Features- Offers a low-quality Performance and Speed experience- Supports only a few file formats like JPEG and PNG which is great but not ideal for image editing in this fast-evolving era where technology is experiencing grammatical changes.- Only works online-

Reviewed August 2020

On-the-move photo editing

I turn to Pixlr X whenever I need a quick photo edit and the tool delivers most of the time. I have also used it extensively to work with mockups, also with good results.

PROS

Pixlr X is one of the most complete free web photo editing tools that I've used so far. It has all essential controls and a handy selection of pre-made filters.

CONS

Some tools like heal can be very slow and buggy, even in small images.

Reasons for switching to Pixlr

Mockup Editor was mostly suitable for mockup scene composition and I ended up needing more control over the entire mockup image.

Reviewed August 2020

One of the best Web photo editors

Pixlr X has often been my go-to tool when it comes to basic image editing tasks, mostly for Facebook posts.

PROS

Probably the biggest advantage Pixlr X has is its simplicity. It provides an intuitive interface with most of the basic tools you'd need for simple editing tasks. You can use it immediately without even having to create an account.

CONS

It lacks some handy tools like clone and healing. Plus, it forces you to downsize large pictures.

Reasons for switching to Pixlr

I have found Polarr to be too limiting in terms of image editing features.

Danielle

Design, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

A Handy Tool for Specific Photo Editing Tasks

I use Pixlr in my web browser maybe 6 to 12 times a year when I need to do specific photo editing tasks (explained in the "Pros" section). For those occasions, I have not found a basic tool that does what I need, and I don't want to open an actual sophisticated software like Photoshop. In those instances, popping into Pixlr (which I have bookmarked) has been so quick and easy. Since I use other tools for graphic design, taking the time to learn those features in Pixlr - or to pay for Pixlr premium - doesn't make sense for me.

PROS

I can use the free version of Pixlr in my web browser without even creating an account. Sometimes all I need is to crop or resize a photo or add a filter, and Pixlr quickly and easily does the trick. In fact, if you're uploading a really large image, Pixlr will give you a couple standard options for loading into the editor in a smaller size, such as full HD or smaller for the web. When you're done with whatever edits you wanted, in the Save/Download dialogue you again get options for adjusting the file size and dimensions. Often reducing the quality even just to 90% saves you a lot on file size while still giving you sufficient quality for your purposes.

CONS

The Pixlr developers seem to periodically modify the interface slightly and where certain options are located. Since I don't use Pixlr that frequently, sometimes I feel a little lost when opening the app after a gap. It takes me bit of extra time to find my way around again. Also, in the free version you have to deal with ads popping up. Some are in the sidebar, but sometimes you have to close ones that cover part of the editing interface. Both these "cons" can be a bit annoying. But I totally understand and put up with them since I don't need Pixlr so often

Candice

Medical Practice, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Pixlr - The Bigger and Better Photoshop

My overall experience with Pixlr has been positive! I have realized how much of a "hidden gem" this app truly is and I wish that it was more well-known for how amazing it is.

PROS

What I love most about this software is how accessible the tools are at a low to no price at all. Many of the features provided by this software are very inexpensive compared to other competing editing software, (PicsArt, Adobe, Canva, Photoshop), and there aren't any limits to how much I may use them. I always say that once a user truly understands how to utilize the features and tools on PIxlr, they can use it just like they with Photoshop. There are ads but they only appear after you save your edits so they do not bother me in the slightest bit.

CONS

What I like least about Pixlr is how it glitches at times after I switch tabs in the middle of an edit and thus, I have to completely start over. I also dislike that sometimes my edits save with lower quality. I also dislike that there are not any brush options for the "doodle" tool.

Reasons for switching to Pixlr

I switched from PicsArt to Pixlr because many of their features were not free and I often had to pay to save my edits without the PicsArt watermark.

Security and Investigations, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

New features

Pixlr is nice, but the uselessness of the app persuaded me to find something else. I don't like using web based/browser versions in most cases.

PROS

Pixlr includes Pixlr E, Pixlr X, Photomash, Remove Background, and Batch editor. All one needs to edit photos and create cards, posts, and such.Thank you cards are a new addition that I thoroughly enjoy. Pixlr is available to you via the classic web browser version or a downloaded application.

CONS

Pixlr has a decent library with some quality content, but it's not as large as others. Unfortunately, size does matter sometimes! Like most, the free version doesn't include the features I actually use and need. The app is bombarded with advertisements and rather frustrating.

Gordon

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Edit your photos on the go with Pixlr

Pixlr is a decent photo editing service. It is good for quick edits and basic enhancing of photos. If you need advanced functionalities, you might want to invest in either the premium version or another advanced software.

PROS

Pixlr is photo editing app that I can access both through the web and mobile for basic and intermediate photo editing needs. I find it easy to use and it provides a free version which is pretty sufficient for users who cannot afford the premium version or expensive photo editing software like Photoshop.You do not need to install any software on your machine to start using the app as the web version is readily available with an internet connection. It provides most of the basic photo editing features including cropping, resizing, adding of layers etc.It also has an awesome photo collage functionality for combining a number of photos.

CONS

1. During peek hours, pixlr web can be slow.2. If you need advanced photo editing, you might be forced to invest in a more robust photo editing softwar like photoshop

Al

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Cost & Time Saving - Very useful "photoshop-like" web tool

PROS

Generally easy to use & quite reliable. For a web-based program, it's quite stable & usable. I use it nearly daily for client work

CONS

It would be nice to have some additional features native to the application and improvements on the magic wand selector

Denison

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

One of my most favorite Photo editing Application - Pixlr

Pixlr is a straightforward and effortless application; with basic photo editing knowledge, you can do wonders.

PROS

Embedded AI is doing magic in Pixlr E & Pixlr X. Pixlr is one of the best online photo editing applications. It is a web-based application, so you don't need to install any application on the computer. Photo editing and Photo retouching can be done on any computer. The mobile application also works very well. Removing the background from the subject, adding layers, and blending two images are very easy with Pixlr. Pixlr is a high-speed and responsive platform, even if we are working with more layers in the editing. Pixlr's Inbuilt template saves time searching and finding the perfect template. Image can be edited effortlessly in Pixlr E and Pixlr X platforms. Customized templates can be created for future use.

CONS

Pixlr has downsides, like keyboard shortcuts will not work as in Photoshop and other photo editing applications. There are too many mobile application ads, which is sometimes annoying.

Caroline

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

My Ulimate go to Online Photo Editor

A simple and great option for editing photos on the go!

PROS

Pixlr is so far my best online photo editing applications. I can easily access it through my browser without having to download and install any application on my computer. It pretty much helps me do everything I would do with a more complex and advanced application like Photoshop. I would say it is also pretty easy to use. I don't think any one would require much training to get started and do basic things with pixlr. All the basic editing functionalities like cropping, rotating, resizing, color adjustments etc are available in Pixlr. Pixlr also supports a variety of image formats from PNG, JPEG and TIFF and can is accessible even via android and IOS mobiles apps

CONS

I do not have anything I do not like about Pixlr but obviously, if I needed more complex photo effects and edits, I would probably need to install a complex and more advanced application like Photoshop.

Eslam

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Pixlr is a good app for quick editing.

It's pretty good. I use it almost daily for it's really easy to use.

PROS

It's very accessible. Just look up Pixlir.e on google and it pops right up. It's also very easy to use. No complicated Photoshop stuff and it gets the job done.

CONS

Doesn't offer the high tier functionalities that you may see in applications like Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.

Anselme

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Pixlr review

PROS

The software is very easy to use and allows you to make very professional graphic images

CONS

The software sometimes closes on my computer for no reason.

Mane

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

pixlr

PROS

Pixlr is an application that is easy to use even if you are not a professional, because it gives us fantastic results

CONS

Such as edits recommend filers or presets which are main as they might add other elements in and regard.

Kim

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Pixlr E / Pixlr X - The best, FREE, photo-editing software

Considering that Pixlr X is FREE to use, this is a supreme value for the functions it offers.

PROS

I do believe the magic wand tool has improved significantly, as prior, I would often still be left with white outlines, which were tedious to delete. Overall, I am satisfied with Pixlr, and I appreciate that they offer such a high-quality program, free-of-charge.

CONS

I preferred the original Pixlr Editor, due to the ease in recognizing which icon was for which tool, the size and format of the layering map, and the ability to move between files more readily. Prior, you could select the destination for the saved file; now it defaults to "downloads", and then you have to move them. I believe the previous format was more understandable, and contained icons which were universally understood.

Leo

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Lightweight and powerful browser-based editor

Pixlr is absolutely ideal for almost all image editing tasks without needing to download any expensive software, and able to be used across endless multiple devices. It is lightweight and easy to use and gives great results without getting bogged down in complicated user interfaces or sluggish tools.

PROS

Pixlr is a full featured editor that runs smoothly in most browsers, which makes it incredibly easy to create, edit and export images on the go.

CONS

It is only possible to edit the top layer of any image, which means you need to be constantly switching layers around, which sometimes means you're having to make changes witohut being able to view your whole design.

Tiago

Facilities Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

One of my favorites edition tools

PROS

Pixlr have one of the best tools so we can edit photos , it's layout is beautiful and really easy to use .

CONS

Pixlr even have an online edition , so it is very easy to use and abuse , don't have complaint's .

Hailey

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

Great free image editing program

Great free online photo editing software and easy to resize images for uploading onto my website.

PROS

I mainly use Pixlr as a way to quickly edit the file size of my images before uploading to my website as large images can slow down your webpages. If I need to do any other editing of my photos (such as cropping, adding text, or brightening the image), I can also do this right in Pixlr before saving.

CONS

Some of the editing features are more limited than in other programs I use (ex. adding text to images) so it's not my go to for all image editing. I prefer to edit images on my phone in the photo library or using Lightroom Mobile and add text using graphic design software on my computer with access to more fonts, etc.

Thiago

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

The best for cost-effective image editing

I was already looking for an image application that would meet my needs and I was surprised by the pixlr, practical and intelligent, it just lacks some features to be perfect.

PROS

very practical, fast, versatile, with excellent features

CONS

does not have the function of pasting two images superimposed on the image to be edited

suzan