Browse Pixlr Reviews

Ali from AZEREX LLC.

Fast, powerful, smart, and very simple! The best online photo editor for daily photo editing

It feels great when you can do the same simple daily graphic tasks without the need for a laptop or PC. Sometimes you want to complete a graphic design with your idea and post it quickly, which has been a dream come true for me with this platform. Pixlr X is a wonderful online editing tool for me. It saves me time and money, and by reducing my design time, I can quickly post a beautiful post with my favorite text on my business social media and pages. In our company, each unit independently creates simple graphic works of its section and publishes them on the site.

Pros

Photos can be edited very quickly and quickly through the browser. Sometimes I am on the road and need to design and create a new visual post for my LinkedIn or Instagram and I need graphic work that must prepare and post in less than ten minutes via my phone or iPad. This platform is great because it is both fast and works with any device and it gives me a sense of comfort while working. It has many ready-pre-built beautiful templates. Even a beginner can edit their favorite photo and edit effects, text, and resize without the need for a professional computer.

Cons

It’s a powerful and fast tool, only some new features should be added to it and normally there is no bug or problem and everything works perfectly. Adding the following items will be much more complete and professional: Missing Curves Tool, it doesn’t support BMP and Tiff format, need auto photo extension converter tool, and the most important thing is online cloud storage space to save projects, they must add this feature.

Reasons for Choosing Pixlr

Great price and better performance, and more simple photo editing tools.

Reasons for Switching to Pixlr

Some previous apps and software either needed a computer or were not compatible with the iPad or tablet browser, which caused errors and crashes, but Pixlr X is great.

Sarah from Studio Flight

Pixlr - Social Media Graphics

Pixlr has been a life saver for me when I first started creating social media creative. Photoshop was very overwhelming to me at the time and Pixlr was a wonderful resource that gave non-designers like me the tools to spin up quick graphics in no time.

Pros

Pixlr offers excellent multi-purpose templates specifically designed for social media graphics and ads. There are so many variations with sizing and dimensions across all the social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc) and Pixlr is an excellent tool that has a free option to adjust dimensions specific to your channel without having to be skilled in Photoshop. The Pixlr Marketplace is an excellent resource for content planning and creation and offers beautiful inspiration to our design team. The layouts are very modern and sophisticated and aren't too text-heavy, which is perfect for ad content, especially on Facebook and Instagram.

Cons

I often find that we have been using Canva more than Pixlr lately because Canva offers a much larger array of templates and the drag and drop features in Canva are a little easier to use. I wish Pixlr would have a better team dashboard where we can organize projects by client and assign various team members to each one.

Reasons for Choosing Pixlr

The free verison was unbeatable and offered the tools that I needed (as an inexperienced designer) and it was very easy to learn how to use them properly. There are also great tutorials available!

Candice from Mt. San Jacinto College

Pixlr - The Bigger and Better Photoshop

My overall experience with Pixlr has been positive! I have realized how much of a "hidden gem" this app truly is and I wish that it was more well-known for how amazing it is.

Pros

What I love most about this software is how accessible the tools are at a low to no price at all. Many of the features provided by this software are very inexpensive compared to other competing editing software, (PicsArt, Adobe, Canva, Photoshop), and there aren't any limits to how much I may use them. I always say that once a user truly understands how to utilize the features and tools on PIxlr, they can use it just like they with Photoshop. There are ads but they only appear after you save your edits so they do not bother me in the slightest bit.

Cons

What I like least about Pixlr is how it glitches at times after I switch tabs in the middle of an edit and thus, I have to completely start over. I also dislike that sometimes my edits save with lower quality. I also dislike that there are not any brush options for the "doodle" tool.

Reasons for Switching to Pixlr

I switched from PicsArt to Pixlr because many of their features were not free and I often had to pay to save my edits without the PicsArt watermark.

Deb from Deb Peretz, PhD LLC

Easy to use, powerful but still needs some work

I've been using it regularly for photo editing for the graphics I use in my business. It's easy and quick to use. If it weren't for the glitches, I'd be a raving fan. Again, I assume they're working on it and things will improve.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I like that it doesn't take forever to load (like Photoshop). I especially love the background remover and color replacer functions.

Cons

It's a bit glitchy. Especially the automatic background remover tool. I assume the developers are working on getting the bugs out and I'm willing to wait.

Reasons for Choosing Pixlr

Pixlr is more robust. The price is also great.

Reasons for Switching to Pixlr

Photoshop takes forever to load and it's more complicated than I need. I'm not a professional designer. I just need to make some basic edits quickly and easily. Removing a background in Pixlr takes a fraction of the time as it does in Photoshop.

Mireia from student

Pixlr

As I mentioned, it's really good for students and begginers of photography. I would recommend it to friends and colleagues, it does its job, it's good, it's an alternative. But I wouldn't use it if I were a professional and could afford it.

Pros

It's a free alternative of Photoshop and Lightroom from Adobe. It's very good for when you're learning editing and about all the options you can have when retouching a picture.

Cons

It's not close enough to photoshop and lightroom, I feel like it could have many, many more options and better final quality. Better offers for professionals who look for cheaper options than Adobe's.

Christian from Rwanda Public Health Bulletin

Industry: Publishing

The most advanced photo editing tool for free

Good experience with all basic features for photo editing for free as well as social media templates that make my work easier. Best photoshop alternative for free.

Pros

Professional photo editing features free of charge and editing quicker and easier without needing expensive computers. It works well even on weaker and mobile devices. Social media templates make it easier to edit photos for social media posts. Compatible with all platforms and easy to use for beginners and experienced users. The intuitive user interface beats Photoshop by far. Very useful photo library

Cons

Sometimes ads that are displayed while working can be distracting and annoying. No drag-and-drop functionality.

Danielle from Danielle Nocon

A Handy Tool for Specific Photo Editing Tasks

I use Pixlr in my web browser maybe 6 to 12 times a year when I need to do specific photo editing tasks (explained in the "Pros" section). For those occasions, I have not found a basic tool that does what I need, and I don't want to open an actual sophisticated software like Photoshop. In those instances, popping into Pixlr (which I have bookmarked) has been so quick and easy. Since I use other tools for graphic design, taking the time to learn those features in Pixlr - or to pay for Pixlr premium - doesn't make sense for me.

Pros

I can use the free version of Pixlr in my web browser without even creating an account. Sometimes all I need is to crop or resize a photo or add a filter, and Pixlr quickly and easily does the trick. In fact, if you're uploading a really large image, Pixlr will give you a couple standard options for loading into the editor in a smaller size, such as full HD or smaller for the web. When you're done with whatever edits you wanted, in the Save/Download dialogue you again get options for adjusting the file size and dimensions. Often reducing the quality even just to 90% saves you a lot on file size while still giving you sufficient quality for your purposes.

Cons

The Pixlr developers seem to periodically modify the interface slightly and where certain options are located. Since I don't use Pixlr that frequently, sometimes I feel a little lost when opening the app after a gap. It takes me bit of extra time to find my way around again. Also, in the free version you have to deal with ads popping up. Some are in the sidebar, but sometimes you have to close ones that cover part of the editing interface. Both these "cons" can be a bit annoying. But I totally understand and put up with them since I don't need Pixlr so often

On-the-move photo editing

I turn to Pixlr X whenever I need a quick photo edit and the tool delivers most of the time. I have also used it extensively to work with mockups, also with good results.

Pros

Pixlr X is one of the most complete free web photo editing tools that I've used so far. It has all essential controls and a handy selection of pre-made filters.

Cons

Some tools like heal can be very slow and buggy, even in small images.

Reasons for Switching to Pixlr

Mockup Editor was mostly suitable for mockup scene composition and I ended up needing more control over the entire mockup image.

One of the best Web photo editors

Pixlr X has often been my go-to tool when it comes to basic image editing tasks, mostly for Facebook posts.

Pros

Probably the biggest advantage Pixlr X has is its simplicity. It provides an intuitive interface with most of the basic tools you'd need for simple editing tasks. You can use it immediately without even having to create an account.

Cons

It lacks some handy tools like clone and healing. Plus, it forces you to downsize large pictures.

Reasons for Switching to Pixlr

I have found Polarr to be too limiting in terms of image editing features.

Saharea from Finalytics

My New Go-To Image Editing Platform

My overall experience with Pixlr has been delightful. I would recommend the service to anyone looking for simply and easy to use image editing tool. Having said that, I am not a graphic designer and I imagine the tool cannot really compare with dedicated programs like Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.

Pros

I enjoyed the speed with which I was able to upload, edit, and export my images. The user interface was intuitive and forgiving for my needs. The ability to export images in various file formats was critical for my project. I have bookmarked the platform on my browser for all my future image editing needs.

Cons

For my project requirements, the service was more than sufficient. There were many features I simply did not need. One suggestion I may have is greater transparency on what happens to images we upload onto the platform. Reassurances on data privacy and security regarding image files would be a great plus.

Reasons for Choosing Pixlr

The user interface was a lot more intuitive than MS Windows' native image editing software.

December 2021

December 2021

Helping a new business grow leaps and bounds

My overall experience with Pixlr has been overwhelmingly positive in every way from start to finish with every design i have implemented with it so far.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I can do some insanely cool things with all the options they offer. I can offer some really new and different concepts as far as my designs for my apparel thanks to this software. It has been so easy integrating it with my business

Cons

I honestly cant think of even one con right now. I just love this software.

Islam from EgyTrends Web Services

Intuitive by Design!

Pros

I've used Pixlr X for for a while and found it very intuitive and actually beautiful! The interface kept updating and improving over time, and new features like AI cutout are very useful.

Cons

I noticed that some of the more advanced features are exclusive to premium members, but the fact that the free version is already supported with ads makes me think that it could be huge improvement for Pixlr if the free version get to keep the same features as the premium except displaying ads, this can attract much more free users which in turn will translate to higher income originating from the free version, while giving UX significant boost.

Braden from Best Packaging, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Full Scope Free Photo Editor

Overall Pixlr is an excellent tool! I highly recommend for small business designers, especially if you wear multiple hats within your organization.

Pros

Per the title, you can use this free! There are three versions of Pixlr 1) Pixlr E, which is the "advanced" version that is really intended for intermediate-to-advanced designers; and 2) Pixlr X, which is the basic photo editor, intended for entry level designers and/or quick photo editing; and 3) Pixlr Premium, this is the paid version. To clarify, Pixlr E is completely free as well, no added subscription or "pro" upgrade. Functionally, Pixlr E's platform mimics the layout and functionality of Photoshop, and Pixlr X is more closely related in function and format to Photoshop Express. Pixlr offers a wide variety of preset templates that provide a lot of benefit to expedite the design process. You will find blank artboard templates with preset dimensions for specific social media applications, so you don't have to worry about manually adjusting your dims each time you start a new post! Additionally, they offer a wide variety of pre-designed plug-and-play templates. Created by third-party designers, these plug-and-play templates are catered to all sorts of industries and applications - need a flyer for your classroom there's a template for that, need a brochure for a new product there's a template for that. The only caveat is that not all templates are free. Lastly, both platforms are cloud based, so you access them using the browser. This feature can be incredibly beneficial due to the file size and RAM it takes to run design programs on your PC.

Cons

Honestly, I can't really think of much negative about this product. If you are looking for additional functionality and can't find it with the Premium Paid version, you probably are in need of an alternative software altogether!

Al from Cogito Group

Cost & Time Saving - Very useful "photoshop-like" web tool

Pros

Generally easy to use & quite reliable. For a web-based program, it's quite stable & usable. I use it nearly daily for client work

Cons

It would be nice to have some additional features native to the application and improvements on the magic wand selector

A fantastic option for doing quick photo work!

I use Pixlr for my side work and am thrilled to have invested in purchasing it. I use the software as my go-to for quick photo edits and social media post creation. I've used this for so many uses for simple graphic editing that I can't imagine not having it for image resizing, editing, and social media content creation. It is easy to use, intuitive, and I've never experienced an outage attempting to use it. There is a great tool for a content creator on the go who doesn't need to do extensive work that you may require Photoshop for but it still has 'most' of the features that the far more expensive platform has built in.

Pros

This is a way to edit photos from anywhere as long as you have an active Internet connection and having an account with them allows you to recall older creations on the fly.

Cons

My only downside to this is if you're used to having templates from alternate options like Canva there is far less to choose from though the selection has been expanding over the past year.

Shifting how my brain works

My brain is very verbal, I prefer to work with words. In the modern world visuals, colourful graphics and memes are a primary form of communication, and I have needed to move and learn in order to keep up and appeal to prospects. Pixlr X has let me do this, and I am convinced the images I have created with it have facilitated many new client relationships -- most especially with people under 40.

Pros

I use Pixlr X a lot, and I am still finding new features and discovering shortcuts that make continued use simpler and the results more varied. I have zero background in graphics or visual arts, and Pixlr X helps me to create appealing memes to use in my marketing on Twitter and FaceBook and on my website.

Cons

The Pixlr X software is fine; I have been annoyed with my own inabilities to see what is directly in front of me. Features such as resizing can be done from several different places within the flow of use, and having found one I reused it over and over for months before noticing that I could do it in the save-screen and eliminate that extra step. Learning all the time!

Kim from Kim the Critter Sitter

Industry: Veterinary

Pixlr E / Pixlr X - The best, FREE, photo-editing software

Considering that Pixlr X is FREE to use, this is a supreme value for the functions it offers.

Pros

I do believe the magic wand tool has improved significantly, as prior, I would often still be left with white outlines, which were tedious to delete. Overall, I am satisfied with Pixlr, and I appreciate that they offer such a high-quality program, free-of-charge.

Cons

I preferred the original Pixlr Editor, due to the ease in recognizing which icon was for which tool, the size and format of the layering map, and the ability to move between files more readily. Prior, you could select the destination for the saved file; now it defaults to "downloads", and then you have to move them. I believe the previous format was more understandable, and contained icons which were universally understood.

Travis from UMYH

Solid, but learning curved

It was great, but I transitioned for the most part. I keep it bookmarked just in case and have gone back a few times to solve some unique problems. My team just couldn't pick it up like I'd hoped.

Pros

Pixlr was my go to for years. It helped me manipulate, update, and fix so many things over the years. I appreciate that it's cloud based and the free version is effective.

Cons

It would never fail how often the deselect just would not work. It could have been user error, but so many times my magic wand would be stuck on for no apparent reason and I would have to toggle through programs and almost trick the program into letting me deselect highlighted areas of my project.

Destine from Swift Sn1per

Like it a little

Dont like it like that does nothing for me

Pros

You can edit photo perfect but somethings would not work.

Cons

you can not inport nothing on macbook it treaks can not even open stock layers

Javier from Tecnológico de Monterrey

Incredible editing tool!

One of the best editing software I have used so far, it has helped me improve so much on the quality of my projects and make them seem very professional. HIGHLY recommended.

Pros

I love how you can use it anywhere you are since this software is available on almost any device, the amount of unique and useful tools this software provides in order to improve your projects, images, etc. without having to pay anything, all with a very intuitive design.

Cons

Since Pixlr is a free software, it has many advertisements, and unfortunately, they become a little bit annoying after several times you have used this software. But I guess that is the price you pay for such cool software.

Sara from Emotionally

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Un Tool di Photo Editing eccezionale e semplice

Uno dei migliori software di editing che ho usato finora, perché mi ha aiutato a migliorare i miei progetti e a farli sembrare molto professionali. Inoltre riesco a ridimensionare le foto per renderle del peso e formato adatto al mio blog senza perdere la qualità.

Pros

Pixlr è molto comodo poiché puoi usarlo ovunque tu sia, essendo disponibile su quasi tutti i dispositivi. Ha tantissime funzionalità e strumenti utili per migliorare i progetti, immagini, foto, con un design intuitivo.

Cons

Ci sono molte pubblicità e a volte rallenta, ma credo che guardare qualche spot sia il minimo per poter usare il software gratuitamente.

Nicholas from HEB

Great photoshop alternative

Pros

I haven't had access to photoshop in a few years, and I don't especially miss it because of Pixlr. I'm not exactly an advanced user of graphic design products, so I can't speak to that level... But for basic image editing and creation, this gets the job done.

Cons

It's a web app and it shows. Some keyboard shortcuts don't work the way you'd expect. Also, the interface has some weird quirks that make it slightly less intuitive than Photoshop.

Good online photo editor

I have used Pixlr X to quickly edit images which don't need advanced changes.

Pros

Pixlr is very convenient - it loads up very fast and in a few clicks I can get an edited image ready to go - when the image only needs some basic changes.

Cons

There's only so much you can do with Pixlr X. It comes short in offering more advanced features that should be included, so it will not be suitable for more advanced editing tasks.

Luke from Northern Michigan University

Pixlr is my Favorite

I absolutely love Pixlr and it is my go to software when I need to edit a quick photo or make a quick logo. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a software for photo editing.

Pros

Pixlr really shines in the fact that it is incredibly easy to use and has all the features you need without being too intimidating.

Cons

The only downside I have about Pixlr is that the ads can sometimes get in the way of the photo I am editing so it can get frustrating once in a while.

Thiago from TLS COMMODITIES BROKER

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

The best for cost-effective image editing

I was already looking for an image application that would meet my needs and I was surprised by the pixlr, practical and intelligent, it just lacks some features to be perfect.

Pros

very practical, fast, versatile, with excellent features

Cons

does not have the function of pasting two images superimposed on the image to be edited

Dimitar from Dimitkoster.com

Pixlr is a good alternative of Photoshop and other professional design software

Very useful tool for small business owner and one man show businesses. I like the interface which is similar to photoshop.

Pros

I like web-based tools. Without need of installation and ugly registration form. I use a basic option for image editing and it is a great solution for my small business.

Cons

When we talk about free tool there's always something it's not a perfect. But there is no significant cons.

Reasons for Choosing Pixlr

Good and free photoshop alternative directly into your browser

Makes photo editing even more fun!

A fun, exciting way to edit photos like a pro! So many filters, frames, etc to choose from!

Pros

All the ways to edit photos with a ton of different filters, frames, stickers, and so much more!

Cons

Nothing really! I dont think there was one thing I didnt like about it!

Pixlr ediciones mas alla

Mi experiencia ha sido genial, es muy rápido y fácil de usar, lo recomiendo completamente sobre todo para dar una buena impresión con una foto fuera de lo común.

Pros

Me gusta que ofrece una amplia gama de edición mas allá de los filtros, hay una gran cantidad de efectos ,marcos, collages, etc que puedes crear con esta herramienta así que creo que lo que mas me gusta es la variedad de ediciones que puedes alcanzar.

Cons

Lo que menos me gusta es que tiene demasiada publicidad, a veces estoy tratando de editar una foto o una imagen y constantemente estoy clickeando la publicidad, es bastante molesto.

Ryan from Fairfield Custom Kitchens

Industry: Furniture

Great product! but needs a little work

Overall, I really like Pixlr's photo editing abilities! They need to fix some glitches, however.

Pros

I really like the Pixlr interface and the ease of use! I think the quality of the editing options is some of the best I've seen.

Cons

Pixlr needs to work on it's tech support and keep up with it's website better. There are some options, like straightening photos, that consistently glitch.

Michelle from Foundations Home Inspection

Editing made simple.

This is great photo editing software for beginners.

Pros

I liked that the software was easy to use and there are several options available than most software.

Cons

I find it to be glitchy when using some of the features, but this may be affected by internet speed.

Ifeoma from Ferrazo Resources

PIXLR X GREAT FOR PICTURES

Pixlr X makes my pictures look better, which projects a more professional outlook for my business.

Pros

I like the fact that I can use it to edit pictures. With it I can re-size, brighten or crop pictures. It is also user-friendly.

Cons

It requires some getting used to if you want to get the best out of this software. But on the whole it gives you better options.

Image editing tool

Pros

I have found this app very useful as it is very good alternative of photoshop and is free and easy to use. It is flexible and does not take much space on your phone.

Cons

I have seen many disadvantages on this app. It does not have many options and the result is to close to photoshop and other

Margarida from Ascendium Junior Consulting

The free editor that you'll love

Pros

This software is not only free as it is also an online service that doesn't require you downloading and taking up space in your computer. Very similar to photoshop, it is an unexpensive alternative, very intuitive and efficient.

Cons

In the beginning it takes some time to get used to the tools and how it works.

Very good tool

Pros

Even though it is a browser app it works quite nicely, without any performance breaks. It has all the necessary tools for simple edits and well organized and intuitive interface.

Cons

There weren't a lot of negatives during my trial, besides the fact that it could have some more advanced features.

Very useful app for specific purposes

Positive overall, but I think some new niche tools would be helpful!

Pros

It's collage features are really useful and a step above other programs I've used for this. Lots of options!

Cons

Some of the other features and effects offered seem to be "filler" and clutter up the UX, in my opinion.

Frederic from Frédéric De Clercq

Creative for a phone

Pros

Fast and cool results with the basic templates. It is amusing

Cons

Do not expect the same customisation options when comparing with pro-software such as Photoshop.

A Competent Photo Editor for everyone

Overall, this is a great app for beginner photo editors and more experienced people. The interface makes everything easy and fun to use!

Pros

The interface is lovely is much more simple than other competitors, making it perfect for beginners.

Cons

I honestly didn't find anything worth mentioning in terms of cons, it's a solid app!