What are Kisi users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Kisi software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love how easy it was to set up, it really didn't require any brainpower at all. All you do is swipe to buzz/let yourself in."
  • icon"Kisi has some great documentation online to help install anytime of lock or accessory that you have. Their support service is great too, the team is very helpful and respond quickly if you need them."
  • icon"I love the web based can control from anywhere via internet functionality. I love how I can give people temporary access via an email link as well as how easy it is to manage on the web app."
  • icon"Technical support - We found difficult to troubleshoot problems remotely."
  • icon"Sometimes it’s the reader, other times it’s the controller. There is no alert that informs me of the crash other than upset clients."
  • icon"The only problem we had with Kisi is when the internet would go down. I think it automatically locks the doors at that point."

Browse all Kisi Reviews

• Have you used Kisi and would like to share your experience with others?

Gardner

A Seamless Experience for Elegant Security

Pros

The Kisi Keyless Door Access system has been a success in our office space. I had heard about Kisi's reputation for quality products and outstanding customer care - after our initial consultation and conversation, I was sold. From purchase to install to everyday use, we've been extremely satisfied with Kisi. To remain HIPAA compliant, it is paramount that we have a locked office door at all times. Other locks or ID systems are bulky and archaic. Kisi has created a sleek, pseudo-sexy model that is beautifully enigmatic in our entryway. We especially love the RFID capabilities and that our phones can be our access keys! No more losing expensive key cards or fumbling with outrageous FOBS. Our pockets are weighed down enough! We had one glitchy day in the system, and Kisi was super-responsive in handling the blackout. I was impressed with how they communicated with me and their efforts in getting us back online within a few moments. Overall, I highly recommend using this product and working with Kisi. They have been and continue to be a pleasure to work with!

Cons

The only downside to the Kisi hardware is that the actual hardware options are fairly limited. We have a new space that requires an in-door mounted security system - something Kisi doesn't offer (yet!).

Kris

December 2021

Seamless. Easy to Setup and reliable!

We've been recommending Kisi to our clients for years. It wasn't until we moved into our own office that we decided to utilize it internally. We were previously in a co-working space. Kisi has always been easy to use and manage. As an Admin in our Kisi instance, I'm able to easily add users, create groups and set custom policies depending on the employee.

Pros

I consider myself the least technical person on our team. When we moved into our new office, we already knew we wanted to leverage Kisi. I was tasked with setting up the hardware in our office. It was pretty easy and the Kisi app and their excellent documentation walks you through the entire process. Once it's setup, the mobile app makes it really easy to get access into your space. You can even set up physical 'badges' to access the space. This is great for contractors or external staff who need access to your space but don't necessarily want or need to use the Kisi app.

Cons

Rarely, the door reader won't always pick up my device to unlock the door. If you have an iPhone, putting your device to Kisi's reader will automatically trigger ApplePay. Given, this is a device 'feature' as opposed to an issue with Kisi but it's something to keep in mind. Luckily, you can always open the app and manually press the button to open the door if need be.

Disappointed

Overall I am extremely disappointed. After purchasing all the items needed, paying for installation, I do not have a working product. The unreliability of this system has cost the business several thousand in client memberships. I would recommend a different service. Perhaps one that doesn’t want the bulk of the money upfront just to stick you with a blue light on your door.

Pros

The installation tech loves the system. The concept is simple enough and you can quickly add cards to your door.

Cons

Unfortunately the system crashes too often. Sometimes it’s the reader, other times it’s the controller. There is no alert that informs me of the crash other than upset clients.

Caitlin

Kisi is the way of the future

Pros

We couldn't run our coworking/event space without Kisi. As a business with 100+ members, multiple staff members and contractors, and a space that hosts frequent events this really is the only way to ensure the right people have access to your building at the times you choose. I also love that you can set permissions to when exactly they can access the space. For example, you can set permission to enter the space on 1 specific day (perfect for event hosts or contractors) or indefinitely (and can even set different permissions within that- i.e. whether or not they can access the space after hours or on the weekends, for example). Being able to unlock the doors remotely via the app has also been revolutionary for my (and the rest of our staff's) work/life balance (we don't need to drive to our location to open the doors with a key anymore it can all be done at home via the app)!

Cons

The only con (which is also a pro) is that it functions off of your wifi network, so if your wifi is down it could be a security issue.

Peter

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Centralized access control???? Oh and I would give customer support 6 starts out of 5 if it'd let me

Our company was looking for a way to control global access. Previously we had security companies do individual install and had to have someone at each location control access and issue cards for entry. We needed a way we could show that when someone left the org or was terminated we immediately disabled access, without hoping the person at the location was paying attention to delete access.

Pros

Kisi is the best way in the business to control access for multiple locations from one easy administrative portal. The app is easy to use and the hardware complements it perfectly. Our users love how easy it is to get in and out security teams love how easily it is to enable and disable access.

Cons

The features that I WISH Kisi had is actually already on their roadmap! I want SAML 2.0. They have it on the way. I want enhanced administrative levels of control, they already have that on the way!

Reasons for switching to Kisi

Because Kisi had everything we needed and their staff was beyond helpful getting us up and running.

Wojciech

Industry: Information Services

Kisi Office Security

Pros

It was much cheaper than competitors when we were looking for options for our new office. The admin portal and features that Kisi offer are also much more modern and easier to use. They keep adding features and improve on the existing ones. We never had any issues with the system and it gave our users flexibility of using their phone as a keycard.

Cons

I wish they included some features for covid screening. As of now they only offer capacity management and tracing but it would be great to have a way to pre-screen anyone who wants to use our office using the same app they already have for accessing it.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

Kastle systems felt older and it was much more expensive. I believe this is due them not having an offering for smaller office/businesses. We only needed door security for 3 doors but their pricing felt like it was more for large business and they couldn't really accommodate for us. That was back in 2019 so it might have changed by now.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Are you still using a key to open a door?

Pros

Very easy to use the app, just tab to the door on the app and the door is open. Sharing access can't be easier and the best part is we always get a notification when someone opens any of the doors. Also, Kisi provides a record of the entire usage of the app. I know who opened the door 4 years ago at 2 pm. Awesome, right? Thank you, Kisi for making our life easier and safer.

Cons

The users get used to having an easy access to the office. Tap to the phone and the door is open right away. They don't want to wait for even 5 seconds any more at the door :)

Tara

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The KISI software provides both easy access and dependable security!

Security and transparency!

Pros

The KISI software is incredibly easy to use and my team loves that we use an app to enter our suite. I also really like having the ability to grant temporary access to visitors.

Cons

The system is connected to Wifi and when it goes down (not KISI's fault) the KISI system is affected. Not a huge issue because this hardly ever happens and my regular key still works!

Ryan

Simple Access Control You Can Rely On

We're very happy with the Kisi platform. It is an access control solution that truly just works with enough options that it is applicable to most situations. We use Kisi for after-hours access control to one of our largest offices. We have over 100 end users setup to use the app and we've had zero complaints or trouble with operation from a user perspective.

Pros

As and admin, the service makes it super simple to configure all aspects to your entire access control solution. Configuring users, permissions and settings like scheduled unlocks takes seconds to configure. For users every aspect of the system has been rock solid. The app is straightforward and just works and is lightyears ahead of having to keep track of access cards/keys.

Cons

I wish gSuite Directory sync was more developed. It is a useful tool for being able to import your users, but you can not sync more than one-level deep into your organizational structure and that is very limiting. Also wish it was a two way sync or SSO. As it is, when a user leaves our company, we have to remove them from gSuite then login and remove them from Kisi.

Anders

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

The goto solution for digital access.

Been using KiSi since 2018 and having them in mind for future locations as well.

Pros

Setup time, user interface and the API - adding their service into our own app.

Cons

There aren´t any brandable app or white label solution - which we now have solved through their API and added it to our own app.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

Customer support, speed and simplicity.

Carolina

Robust system

We used Kisi in one room that needed to be protect, but at the same time we had another system in the rest of the office. Kisi was better than our other system, but still didn't meet all of or requirements. Our main goal was to have one system to all of our offices world wide and Kisi had that limititation.

Pros

Easy to assign cards, but the UI for the dashboard needed some improvements Admin can remotely open an lock the doors Ability to create self-expiring access passes as well as other time restrictions access.

Cons

Technical support - We found difficult to troubleshoot problems remotely No Okta integration

William

Easy entry to our office (and various rooms within) all through one app

Easy access to our building, configurable access for temporary employees and workers.

Pros

It's incredible how an entire building can have wifi locks installed so quickly with Kisi. Our office uses it for front/rear entrance, office side, and various closet spaces on the public side. We don't have a security system but still feel safe having Kisi

Cons

Sometimes the app is slow, thus delaying your entry into the building. Also, I didn't update my app for about 1 year and subsequently lost access to our building because the app kept crashing. My bad, but still it was inconvenient.

Russell

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Perfect solution for remote door control

Pros

Our company is unique in a way where our receptionists are all remote workers. They use video conferencing to meet and greet our visitors. Kisi allows them to control the office doors from the comfort of their home offices.

Cons

When we first purchased the service, we were one of the first companies to implement the solution. The initial setup at the beginning was cumbersome, but I'm sure it has improved since then.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

Brivo did not come up with their solution until after we've been using Kisi.

Gary

Industry: Facilities Services

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great product covering different industries

Pros

Product is very easy to setup & install for different industries. We use it mainly to integrate with our own solution and again the set of APIs & documentation being available are great for developers to utilise. Most importantly I find their staff to be very helpful in resolving issues, as well as exchanging ideas on how we can configure Kisi products to overcome various challenges.

Cons

Each controller pro has 4 relays which may not be enough for larger scale implementation. Also it will be great if Kisi can provide more mobile app SDK and the ability for offline operations so customers do not need to worry about data connectivity issue.

Ana

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Easy to order, install, configure, use, adapt - pretty solid

We have been using Kisi to control access to our offices in Lisbon and London effectively for more than 6 months with no big issues to date. I have use it locally and remotely on a number of occasions and set up permissions/ removed access easily in minutes for different offices from both my mobile and laptop.

Pros

It was super fast to order and set up. Even in a country where there yet not partner installers, making Kisi work was a breeze. It is highly reliable and very adaptable. I also like how easy the dashboard is to use from an admin point of view. Great for tight access permissions and able to cope with multiple users. The hardware is also quite cool and sturdy.

Cons

The card option could be worked a bit better and sometimes invoicing and order tracking can take a bit of time. But support is always quick to respond, so nothing really escalates that much.

Aaron

Ease of Admin and Use

Kisi solved my problem of constantly purchasing key fobs, replacing lost fobs and users forgetting their key fobs at home. The app is easy to deploy and implement.

Pros

Ease of Administration and provisioning. Having an app to unlock doors is very convenient for admin and user purposes. Cloud managemen

Cons

Meets all my requirements. Built in reporting and metrics consumption

Reasons for choosing Kisi

Physical key fobs were becoming increasingly expensive and harder to track.

Keyless door Access and Ease of Cloud Administration

Scott

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great solution for our campuses and pre-school

I love this product. The team is excellent to work with as well!

Pros

I love the web based can control from anywhere via internet functionality. I love how I can give people temporary access via an email link as well as how easy it is to manage on the web app. My favorite part is how your phone is your keycard! No more handing out and collecting keycards from people!

Cons

Sometimes I wish there were a few additional controls for the door scheduling features. For example if you have a single event that you have a schedule for, that event does not disappear months after the event has passed so you often have to clean up your schedule.

Carlo

Simple and Safe

It was great. Salespeople were knowledgeable and engineers were helpful.

Pros

I liked how simple it was to deploy and implement.

Cons

It was a little complicated to explain to our electrician who helped install it.

Reasons for switching to Kisi

Simplicity and ease of the customers and consumers setting up their own profile rather than us doing that data entry.

Jared

Great tool providing security to our office

Kisi is an easy tool that gives access for all of our employees to our building, while providing security and peace of mind in the workplace.

Pros

Kisi is a smart, easy tool that helps keep our office secure without the hassle of passing out office keys.

Cons

The Kisi app has to be open in order for doors to unlock. In addition, their new app design takes extra taps to get the the specific door I want to open. There's some usability features they could update that would be nice so we could essentially walk up to the door and it would automatically open.

June 2022

Kisi is the best!

I absolutely love Kisi and recommend it to all of my customers. It's the best access control product I have integrated.

Pros

I love everything about this product! It's super intuitive and extremely easy to teach customer's how to use. Programming takes less than 5 minutes for most applications. The system always seems to work flawlessly and the readers and hardware are aesthetically pleasing. The Kisi tech support team is extremely responsive and helpful, and the sales people and management of Kisi are also fantastic!

Cons

They currently do not have a long range reader available. This has limited sales in some instances, but they are making a new panel with a Wiegand port which will fix this in the future, it will allow for 3rd party long range readers to be integrated into their product.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

I do not wish to name any other products , but I will say when compared to many other products on the market, I choose Kisi because of it's simplicity and ease of use.

Eric

Free Now experience

Our users are more than happy with the quick and easy access provided. The office managers are controlling the access using the admin panel and everything works fine.

Pros

- Easy to install and manage, I did the whole setup in just 2 working days! - We didn't experience downtimes or issues, everything works fine.

Cons

- There wasn't onsite installation support from Kisi in Europe. - Okta integration wasn't (and isn't) ready yet.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

We wanna set Kisi as standard for all our offices around Europe.

Scott

Excellent Product, Service and Support

Kisi has been a big cost saver for us. We've got multiple locations across the US using the system and has really helped us manage our business better. No more keys, getting locked out or re-keying access points. Staff enjoys using the system because its not complicated or overwhelming for not techy folks.

Pros

The system is very easy to install and setup. Kisi has some great documentation online to help install anytime of lock or accessory that you have. Their support service is great too, the team is very helpful and respond quickly if you need them.

Cons

Honestly not much. Very intuitive setup on the back end. Dead simple user controls. We've had no issues at all.

Tim

Industry: Executive Office

Works as advertised

Kisi has eliminated the need to hand out physical keys at our cowork space. It is a great, reliable solution.

Pros

The admin panel is easy to use and simple to manage users and schedule door unlocks.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. If power or Internet goes out, the system does not work, but this would be the case for any Internet enabled keyless door access system.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

We need a commercial solution with multi user management. Kisi fits the bill nicely.

Great for our Coworking Space

Pros

Kisi was super easy to set up and has continued to be easy as we add new members and rent out our space for events etc. Very convenient to share access and control the security of the space remotely.

Cons

The app and mobile website lacks some functionality for administrators - could be more mobile friendly.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

Good reviews/recommendations from other users - willingness to work with us on nonprofit pricing.

Susan

KISI Review

Pros

The platform interface is very user friendly. Provisioning and deprovisioning can be done within seconds.

Cons

The initial login can be challenging as you'll need to send a confirmation email and not all users receive the email. Some emails appear to be blacklisted as confirmed by one of Kisi's support technician.

Kisi