All ABC Glofox Reviews

andrew

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2016

I'm delighted I chose Glofox... For lots of reasons

I was just about to sign up to Mindbody when a friend pointed Glofox out to me. After carrying out a demo of the software I was very happy with how easy it was to navigate and my decision was made instantly. Since joining our bookings are up 40%, we're saving heaps of time which was previously spent doing admin and our client base is growing at an incredible rate! If you're looking for a great alternative to Mindbody, these are the reasons why I went with Glofox and made one of my best business decisions to date: On one hand I had Mindbody. If you're looking for software and a custom branded app just as I was (was adamant to make it as simple as possible for people to pay me so wanted an app), you would have to go for their most expensive package at 195 a month. Mindbody also increase your monthly subscription fee when you hit a certain number of members or trainers using the app. My intentions were to use a software package to help us really get a handle on our admin and free time to grow my business. With this growth in mind, expected costs could almost double in the next few months, leaving me with a pricing package I could no longer afford. On the other hand, I had Glofox. Their pricing packages range from 80-140 a month and each package comes with a custom branded app completely matching your business's brand. Not only this, they don't charge you for adding more members or users. As the sales rep I spoke to put it, they want to see your business grow and for this reason, they're not going to penalize you for doing just that. A breath of fresh air if you ask me! Our custom branded app from Glofox gives our members a really simple means of booking and paying for our services. On the backend, I needed a system that would help me minimize admin with as few clicks possible without overcomplicating things. I've found the Glofox Dashboard really clear and simple to use. I tend to set my Dashboard to show weekly bookings, payments due and revenue for ease. I can create and update my schedule, manage memberships including payments, renewals and automated billing in my Dashboard too- really great having everything in one place! Overall, there's nothing better than working with a team of people who really want to see your business grow stronger every day. With such a quick response time to any of our queries, it's safe to say choosing Glofox has been the best business decision I've made. Mindbody won't know what hit them!

Hey Andrew, Thank you so much for leaving your extensive feedback, it really means a lot! We're happy to hear that Glofox is helping your business. We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals. - The Glofox Team

Andy

Reviewed October 2020

Not getting any better

PROS

It's easy to use for the customer, but so are most other booking apps

CONS

Being ignored by customer support. System is very slow. Lots of glitches, although less in the last year to be fair. I cannot recommend Glofox. I've been a customer for 3 years and I've tried to stick with then through all their setup problems (of which there were many), but lately their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Now a major issue has come to light on the accuracy of their reporting, so I can no longer make accurate reports on income. As a result I misreported my income for 2018 by quite some margin, I cannot lodge my income for 2019 and am late filing VAT returns. I first reported this on the 16th of September and it's been with their "engineering team" ever since with no updates and they are now ignoring me completely, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is ignoring me. If they can't get something as simple as the income to report accurately then I've lost all faith. The system is also extremely slow and despite using different laptops, several browsers, PC and Mac and various internet connections, I get fobbed off that its an issue at my end. Yet when I reset filters it works straight away. But then slows down again very quickly afterwards. I have over 500 support issues back and forth with Glofox support in 3 years.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Another Irish company and was led to believe it was better

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Booking bugs app didn't work and had less functionality

Hey Andy, first off let us start by saying we're sorry to hear you had so many issues with us. We strive to bring our customers exceptional products and service. I hope since leaving this review we've found a resolution for you. If you have any questions or concerns please drop us a mail at support@glofox.com and we'll make sure to review them for you. Thank you - The Glofox Team

Replied February 2021

Ashley

Reviewed June 2020

Constant New Features While Core Tools Are Broken

New features are constantly added while existing features are broken. There’s no way include or track sales tax in the store, but instead they’re planning to add payroll processing. If it can’t handle USA sales tax, would I trust that my state payroll taxes have been properly filed? Features seem half finished while others outside the core business are instead being focused on. The new product announcements usually don’t seem relevant. I’ve reported bugs like dates jumping when editing/saving a Course description, and told by Support that I’m wrong. I’ve occasionally had a good experience with customer service, telling me where a feature is located, but typically their answers are irrelevant or tell me a workaround, with no date on when a broken feature will be fixed. I work with a different person each time, and there’s no consistency in the Support.

PROS

The graphics of the software are minimal and well designed. It processes monthly and pro-rated memberships very well. I mostly teach multi-week courses, which competitor softwares couldn’t handle. It saves credit cards on file and allows custom charges (which I use in lieu of the nonfunctional merchandise store.)

CONS

I loved the software during my demo, but have been constantly disappointed since then. They began charging me before the platform was set up for my studio, which took two weeks and missed my grand opening date. In my demo I was shown how easily the bookings integrate into Squarespace, but later learned that’s true only if you upgrade to Squarespace Premium. I loved the ‘Book a Buddy’ feature, but it broke 9 months ago and still hasn’t been fixed. I found out that it was broken because students had +1’s registered but the payment on the extra spots hadn’t gone through. I reported it to Glofox and was told that they were already aware. I lost out on dozens of unpaid bookings and Glofox never let its customers know or removed the feature. It took three emails to Support for them to successfully turn it off on my platform. After the initial demo and signup there is no transparency on pricing or product tiers. I had been planning to change from semi-annual to yearly payment, but my credit card was automatically billed before I had the chance (and without my consent.) I’m a Platinum customer, but I can’t compare tiers of pricing or features.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

The sales person and demo instructor were great. I knew that many features were still in development but I was happy with the core functionality. The product has not lived up to the initial, very thoughtful demos and the support has not matched their level of knowledge or attention to detail.

Hi Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas in which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied July 2020

Dan

Reviewed April 2024

Client Migration

Overall I have had a great experience so far. I migrated the client list from one system to another as I took over a branch from another business and re-branded. I was dreading the data migration as it was taking place before the Easter bank holiday weekend. But thanks to [sensitive content hidden] in the migration team, everything went more smoothly than I could have imagined. They did a great job and kept me fully informed throughout the process. Thanks so much guys. I genuinely can't thank you enough.

PROS

Straight forward and easy to use. Integrates easily to your website.

CONS

Online links for classes as I mentioned earlier.It would be more practical to have only add the link to the class once rather than for every instance. It would be useful to be able to select specific client to send emails to.

Kristen

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Amazing!!

Overall experience has been great!

PROS

I liked working with [sensitive content hidden] best, I really appreciated how quickly the GloFox team moves and how much they checked in on me during the process.

CONS

I think the emails/ notes should be custom to your brand, not glofox, it's very confusing to receive an email with all the glofox branding but it's from my business.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Because of [sensitive content hidden]! Because of the care he took in getting to know me, my needs, and how much he was invested in helping me. It felt like he truly wanted to see me succeed and wanted to provide the best option to enhance my studio!

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Mindbody was not as nice and personalMindbody was not wanting to support a seasonal/small business that needed a bit of grace during months when I am not operatingMindbody was really confusing for my users

Stephanie

Reviewed March 2020

GloFox has been such a better experience than other platforms!

My personal account helper, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been so incredibly helpful. She has gone above and beyond to help me be successful and to run my business more efficiently.

PROS

That if I have had problems arise while using glofox, the customer support I have received has been super helpful. They have spent as much time as is needed to help me make sure everything is set up and my questions are early answered.

CONS

There are a few tie ups that are inconvenient. Like, I cannot be listed as a trainer in classes since I am the administrator so I had to create a dummy account to get around that restriction. But the problems are minor and nothing to be super frustrated over.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

There were so many problems with mind body, and they were much more expensive. They never seemed to care about helping a small business like myself get things figured out. Their customer service was nothing compared to what I have had with glofox.

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied March 2020

Karyn

Reviewed April 2020

Content ahead of the curve

I have been using Glofox for quite some time now. I have seen the efforts to continue to improve the product as well as staying ahead of the curve with content to continue to educate the users on the updates and what is already in place.

PROS

1. Increased ease of use over the years 2. App usage 3. Helpful support

CONS

1. At times it can run slow 2. No option to have a client have funds in the account and use them for different sessions in a week (instead of creating custom packages)

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Discussions with customer service, I was able to meet with the staff in person when I visited Dublin many years ago

Hi Karyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied April 2020

Kerry

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

Outstanding product with amazing service!

The systems ease-of-use, functionality, flexibility, customer transparency exceeded my expectations. The onboarding account manager was so friendly, approachable and accommodating - answering emails efficiently and jumping on a Q&A call at the drop of a hat. I have launched my new studio within 3 weeks using Glofox, and had a fantastic result the same day of launch - Thank you!

PROS

From the initial demo with [sensitive content hidden] , to the completion of the set-up with [sensitive content hidden] , this product and its people are absolutely brilliant. The demo was to the point, and they really understood my business offering and concerns from the get-go. The first company I have dealt with who understand the pain points of onboarding with technology that has really taken the customer experience to new heights. I was really impressed with onboarding portal that walks you through the site step-by-step - it really is time saving!

CONS

There is no instagram link option for your profile (only Facebook and Twitter).

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Price, ease-of-use, functionality, and integration.

Vital

Reviewed February 2023

Expected a lot more

This is the first gym management tool we have used, so I can't compare to past experiences. But Glofox is not robust, they are not solving the problems, and I kinda regret having chosen them.Very important point: integration with 3rd parties (such as mailchimp) is not good, and as they are developing their own thing, it will never be.

PROS

We like the user front end, the way it looks in our web. Not the best UX though, only one customer has been able to find how to cancel a class. The rest just report "I can't cancel".

CONS

Language bugs all around (we use spanish front end) , all reported, barely fixed so far. A lot of hard coded stuff we can't fix using the tool they provide for custom copy. A lot of copy edit was needed for spanish.Many bugs found and reported, also suggestions for UX we have made... they may just be focused in that new service "amplify" and now finishing the core product.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

We liked Glofox web front end and we thought or were told it would fit all our needs. The price was also a factor at first, but Mindbody at the end did an offer for the first year that was very competitive.

Ryan

Reviewed October 2023

So far so good

Great experience as a new user, looking forward to onboarding

PROS

The ability to send and receive emails as well as the ability to do marketing work flows

CONS

Too new user to tell but hopefully none

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

All in one software, and the app functionality

Arlene

Reviewed January 2020

Really wish I could give this software a better score.

Asides from the frustrating technical issues outlined above, the support is very poor. Issues take weeks to resolve often with a "We don't know what the cause of the issue is" as a response, and then the same problem will reoccur later. The customer support team were great when I first signed up, I imagine there were fewer clients on their books and it was easier for them to manage. Now it takes weeks to resolve issues, the support team sound fatigued and are often defensive and salty when speaking on the phone (same applies to email correspondence). Glofox also make regular "upgrades" to the software and do not take time to explain to their customers in full detail what the updates involve. An "upgrade" was made to the payments integration in 2019 which meant that access to the separate back-end Stripe system was lost, which was massively frustrating given the inaccuracies of the built-in Glofox reporting software and clients information randomly going missing from their back-end website. I get the impression that this "upgrade" was not fully tested as there were numerous issues with it (eg: old clients being reactivated and billed years after the fact). I unfortunately cannot recommend this software to anyone as it has only caused frustration, disappointment and countless hours of extra work for myself and my team. The issues above caused a lot of upset to our clients which lessened their experience as our customers: this is the opposite of what any business needs!

PROS

Glofox is a highly visual platform and easy to use (aside from the glitches which I will get to later). It looks very pretty and it would be amazing if it actually worked properly.

CONS

It simply does not work. And I'm talking about the bare basics here. The reporting features are inaccurate and have added uncountable extra admin hours to my month. Regular glitches occur, a few of these are: payments being processed from users and then their purchased class credits disappearing, buttons on the back-end or admin website randomly disappearing or not working, classes / events / staff members being deleted from the calendar and then they re-appear randomly, start / end date functionality of classes randomly not working, clients being billed randomly following the completion of their payment periods, courses not visible on the admin app. I could go on.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Mindbody had become too expensive and their customer support wait times were too long. I also wanted to support a local business which is why I chose Glofox.

Hi Arlene, Thank you for the honest review and feedback. I am sorry that you seem to have had such a poor experience with the Glofox platform. We take customer feedback very seriously and will take your comments to the team. A member of our team will have been in touch with you to discuss the issues you outlined. Best regards, The Glofox Team

Replied January 2020

Gary

Reviewed November 2021

Good Product

It is a good product, the customer service can take a while to come back to you. There are better products out there for much cheaper!

PROS

The ability to track client attendances.

CONS

Other products give far more for a cheaper price i.e. full financial reports etc.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

I opted out of Glofox after using it for approximately 3 years.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

I swithced to a different product as it was better value for money and the customer services is better.

Hi Gary, thank you for your feedback regarding our product and our service. We endeavour to absorb all our customer's feedback and continually improve our service. We appreciate your loyalty to us for three years. Sincerely, Marko Gazic - Global Manager of SMB Customer Success

Clare

Reviewed November 2023

Nightmare do not purchase

I canceled my service with Glofox and continued to charge me $1300 after cancelation on a CC they had on file but was not authorized for them to charge. I tried calling and phone was answered by a really nice guy with NO authority. After 10 phone calls, I received an email saying from “manager” saying they will not refund me. I wish I canceled when they wouldn’t refund me for the broken equipment. They are now flagged by my bank, I’m reporting them to BB and hopefully they will not have access to my funds again.

PROS

Setup was easy, scheduling was easy and booking for the client was easy.

CONS

They sold me broken equipment, charged me every month for services I didn’t use and continued to charge me after I canceled this service. (Handheld terminal).

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Ive used Mindbody and it was a little complicated.

Nathan

Reviewed December 2019

Great product & support team

Happy with the new features that have been released over last few months. The support team have improved on quality of feedback and time it takes to resolve issues.

PROS

Simple to navigate and use as both as consumer & customer.

CONS

Reporting function on retention of members and cancellations.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Competitive pricing and perfect fit for business growth.

Hey Nathan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Glofox easy to use and that it's helping your business. We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals. - The Glofox Team

Waldineia

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Build a Partnership

So far - so good. Glofox has a huge impact on the way I look at my business right now. The glofox time is always ready to help and teach us how to use the app - whic made my time realize how we could become more professional and trained. It had a good impact on us in so many ways . Our comunication with our students are much more clear and we can see the great results of it. When we are talking about online servive sometimes it is easy to become just like roobots, and glofox showed us that there is a way to make it more human. It made my life easy and closer to my future dreams.

PROS

For me, as a owner of a really small business, it was really hard to work during pandemic time. Our reality was too much work and not enough clients, not because we were not good enough to sell, but because we did not have the people to deal and give the propper service for all our new customers. We were always struggling with delay of communication - and not enough time to respond all the clients doubts. With glofox, some questions are alredy answered by email and by the app itself. Now we have more time to focus and train our time, so we can have a high standarts customer service.[ We were afraid to make the full transaction to an online system because the prices were really higher for us. But in three months of the system we managed to have more than 3 times more students now. it´s gave us the opportunity to sell ir large scale and to delivery our work for people all over the globe. Me and my time are happy with the results. Thanks a lot.

CONS

There is nothing I would say, I would like least. But from my experience - all my students don´t realize they have access to recorded classes in the app. I would make this botton more easy to notice - because it is important for us that all the people do benefit from the classes we are leaving ther eofr them.

Price

Hey Waldineia, Thank you for taking your time to leave a review! It's great to hear that Glofox is helping you and your business save time and ultimately provide the highest standard experience possible. We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals. - The Glofox Team

Jessica

Reviewed September 2022

Run Away Fast

I went with GloFox after talking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and seeing a demo, comparing to other products, and reading reviews. Once I signed on with the product- everything changed and what [SENSITIVE CONTENT] promised from the start did not happen. Training was tedious, disjointed, and incorrect. We had to go back and rework things several times because the trainer did not take the time to understand my business before talking me through set up. Once operating, support does not respond, glitches in the system do not allow my processes to happen and I then need to take extra time to do things manually, I have been charged for things that i did not receive and no one one will refund me, web integrations make my website look archaic, they are dysfunctional, and GloFox will explore options to improve. Not sure where the good reviews came from so I feel obligated to help others to stay away from this product. I am so deeply embedded in GloFox right now, it is going to take me a lot of time to dig out of it, but i will be switching products. Stay away from GloFox.

PROS

the app works well and is easy for the user, everything else is a nightmare

CONS

I went with this product because the demo call was promising and GloFox had good reviews. Once I began using it, training was horrific, web integration is archaic, the systems management on the admin end is complicated and time consuming, GloFox is unable and unwilling to alter its system to fit the needs of its customer in any way, i end up doing most of the work manually because GloFox is not compatible and does not work Customer service is not supportive and will not respond, if they do the do not help. Once I signed my contract, I became a nuisance to the staff, communication is poor, and they would rather push me away than try to help.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

the sales call and demo, good reviews

bryan

Reviewed October 2019

Currently switching away from glofox

PROS

definitely user friendly. was easy to setup, and is easy for our members to use. i like that memberships can be adjusted and like the reporting feature.

CONS

quite a few options have been changed recently making it not everything I signed up for. I don't like that they only offer quarterly billing, and is a bit pricey for what you get out of it given other prices I have been shopping around . customer service has been horrible the last 6 months. I cannot ever get through to anyone, and when I do leave messages or send emails, I rarely hear back unless I harass over and over and over again. then when I do finally hear back it is usually a couple weeks later. this is the primary reason ihave chosen to switch away from glofox . I also don't like that they don't have an app feature for admin, and that you have to use a desktop computer to run the software. you should be able to make sales from your phone or tablet.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

I did switch from another provider to glofox, and at the time the customer support was wonderful, and I loved the program. since then a lot of things promised were going to be updated haven't been delivered, and have found the customer support has gone down in a big way. I'm sad to have to leave glofox and wish we would have been able to resolve issues by someone actually getting back to me .

Hi Bryan, Thank you for your feedback, and we are truly sorry for not being able to address your needs while you were with us. Since then, we have invested into our support team, have built an app for staff members, and have become more flexible with payment periods available to join Glofox. Sincerely, Marko Gazic