• Pros

• "I love how easy this software is to use. While the interface is simplistic, you can sit back and trust the software to thoroughly do its job every time. "

• "It's accuracy, ease of use, and suggestions for correction. I used to have to submit articles online to the school English tutor for review, which took days or weeks to return."

• "- Easy to use - 10 free credits every months - Reliable"

• Cons

• "I am a bit uncomfortable with the prices. I only use its free version, but I would love to use its paid version if the prices were pocket-friendly. Otherwise, this software is great to use. "

• "That you need to pay, however that’s not avoidable."

• "There were some issues with wrong duplicity results and insufficient website indexing. It was addressed and dealt with, but it happened a few times."

Browse Copyleaks Reviews

Ian Mateo from Instituto Tecnológico de Sonora

Best alternative to Ithenticate

I started using it because my organization stopped paying for another similar service. In the beginning, I didn't understand well how the credits where used. However, it works really well in the end. I used it mainly to check essays of students in English and Spanish.

Pros

Easy of use, fast and intuitive interface. It is easy to send results to students.

Cons

The use of credits depending on the number of words is confusing.

Reasons for Switching to Copyleaks

My organization stoped paying the previous service.

David from KOBIL Systems GmbH

One of the best plagiarism checkers out there

Pros

I've used Copyleaks while writing my master thesis and it has been an excellent experience. Everything from signing up, payments and the actual literature comparison process worked as expected. Having an AI checker in addition to traditional text cross-referencing definitely helped me to feel more confident with the results and in the end my thesis passed all reviews at the university. Copyleaks supports the important and usual file types and does a very good job in parsing PDF files, which, in my opinion, is the most important feature. In my case, I analyzed a PDF generated from LaTeX, and I was happy with the results.

Cons

At times, viewing the analysis results was a bit laggy on my quite powerful machine, which might be due to having a quite large document or due to the browser itself. Another thing was that sometimes it seemed slightly finicky with whitespace handling. Sometimes it reported very short fragments of general language as plagiarized. I do, however, prefer a higher false positive rate over possibly missed hits.

Reasons for Switching to Copyleaks

The Grammarly plagiarism checker didn't seem to handle large documents very well and was laggy. My document was so large that I had to split it into 2 parts to be able to even get it analyzed.

Sung-En from Northeastern University

Hard to cancel

Pros

It's great and useful. I can easily find a similar part.

Cons

1. It's hard to cancel, even they provided the video, but the webpage in the video is different from mine. I have to send the email several times to figure out how to cancel. 2. Even though I already canceled the subscription, but I still being charged without any notification. So far I still don't know how to stop it, which is horrible.

Reasons for Switching to Copyleaks

It's hard to cancel the subscription...

Michal from SEOlight s.r.o.

Copyleaks review

Pros

It is simple to use. It includes API. Support is always fast and helpful. We get individual pricing plan for our needs, which is not standard for other software.

Shao from miaowrite.com

Industry: Writing and Editing

A good service on plagiarism

Pros

This software can provide plagiarism service, with high quality, for multiple languages other than English.

Cons

The API response is a bit slow. I understand it costs computer resources for plagiarism operation, but obviously it would be better if we can get several initial result within seconds.

The most helpful tool for Plagiarism checking

Everything is good big thanks to copyleaks team for the wonderful job.

Pros

Ease of use, More Faster and One click collecting data's.

Cons

I think if you can add quick shortcut while selecting texts and directly check the plagiarism will be good.

Reasons for Choosing Copyleaks

Everything is embedded in the copyleaks tool.

This is a great tool for writers who publish online!

I'd recommend having this tool in your arsenal if you publish any type of written content. This is a cool monitoring tool. I'm glad I found it.

Pros

This is a great tool for writers who publish online! It was so easy to use. As a writer, sometimes I need to double-check where my content is online. And I sometimes need to track where a client has published work that did for them for analytics purposes. This software was easy to use and only costs 10 bucks a month!

Cons

Right now, I'm not seeing any drawbacks with this software. That may or may not change as I begin to use it more.

PhD thesis

Academic writing

Pros

High performance ,accurate results, and fast

Cons

Great functionality ,the results are amazing

Great way to check

Pros

I do a lot of writing and using this is make sure I am not committing plagiarism is a major plus.

Cons

No cons for me. Everything works as designed with no issues on my end.

Deb from Polished Geek, LLC

Useful in multiple ways

I use CopyLeaks for 2 type of checks: - To see if other people online have "borrowed" our original content - To verify that subcontracted copywriters have produced original content before I accept their projects

Pros

Easy to use, inexpensive pricing. Highlights text that is of potential risk for duplicate content.

Cons

I wish it was easier to import PDF content for scanning.

Samuel from S! Studios

Easiest Plagiarism Checker Online

I work in Audio Engineering and Music Production so this checker helps to streamline our new applicant workflow.

Pros

Cons

There wasn’t much that I didn’t like about the software, the part I disliked was that it took a while to check my papers, granted they are almost 10 pages long. But did the wait make me hesitate about the software? No way. 10 minutes is nothing compared to the information it gives back to you.

Software v. a website.

Reasons for Switching to Copyleaks

The ease of use outweighs Microsoft.

Joseph from Brandman University

A great time saving product! Plag checks very quickly.

This is way faster than the setup I had before. I used to have to turn papers in to the school English tutor, who does reviews for the whole school. They are usually swamped around the end of a session with everybody trying to have their final papers checked. It could take days or weeks to get it back, making it difficult to meet deadlines. With Copyleaks I can submit a work and have a complete and accurate review for plag in minutes.

Pros

Cons

That it pointed out my mistakes. Hahahaha I often copy/paste information from research articles directly into my papers for easy access to refer to them while writing. Many a time I have used direct quotes without citing or forgot to delete the information from my work when done.

Sheza from Otrainings

Make Your Content FREE of Plagiarism through Copyleaks

Pros

I like this software as it is quite easy to use. It helps me to detect any kind of plagiarism or similar words present in the document. It just takes a few minutes for checking a long text. As I am a writer, I found this site quite helpful for me. I can check mine as well as other people content within no time.

Christian from MoneyWiseAlpha.com

Copyleaks a Great Plagiarism Checker for Professional Writers

Copyleaks along with Grammarly, and the Hemingway app are great tools for any professional writer to use. Copyleaks does an excellent job as a plagiarism checker and is really easy to use. I highly recommend!

Pros

I have been a professional writer: a blogger, book author, and freelance writer the last year and have used Copyleaks extensively for checking plagiarism. They do a very thorough check from multiple websites to make sure you pass any plagiarism checks. Copyleaks also has a great online staff that is easy to contact if you have any issues or would like to set up some type of affiliate program.

Cons

Well, I wish it had a longer trial period but it's cool that you don't need a subscription because there is a point-based system for use.

Nadia from Yarmouk University

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Best software

It's been a year since I joined this software group but I'm so excited to be part of the team because it's really educative and would like to recommend each and every one to be part. This software group works so well in terms of protecting files. I hope you to continue this great service. Before this software, I did sometimes lose some of my file by since I joined this site its has been my very source of trust.

Pros

I like this software most because of it quality and protective features

Cons

The least is how it's functions when trying to connect with new people within the group its sometimes difficult

Nileshkumar from GrammarCheck LLC

Copyleaks great software

Pros

Plagiarism checker is accurate , error free

Cons

They do not have capabilities the references in APA, MLA or chicago format.

Alexandria from College

Industry: Biotechnology

Great help!

Copyleaks is a game changer for any student or business. You no longer need to worry about the originality of your paper. This site is different in that I feel Copyleaks is actually pulling in as many sources as it can to compare your paper against. I feel secure in knowing my paper has been double checked with Copyleaks.

Pros

This software is really simple to use and the results are really fast. It's also nice that you can enter different types of files and there is a mobile app. This software is super helpful for students who want to make sure their papers are original as can be.

Cons

The pricing is a little steep for college students that want to check maybe 1 or 2 papers a month. A student price would be helpful.

Copyleaks user review

Pros

Copyleaks is really useful when writing essays. It checks if you did anything wrong regarding quotations. It is really easy to use as well.

Cons

You need "points" in order to have your essays reviewed. Sometimes it can be frustrating, especially if one is a free user and needs to use referrals to earn more points.

Emmanuel from ULB

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I strongly recommend this program

Pros

- Easy to use - 10 free credits every months - Reliable

Cons

I don't see any real disadvantage about this software

Nik from Santa Fe College

Makes My Grading Faster—Can’t Recommend Enough

Copyleaks has been crucial for allowing me to grade not only with blatant plagiarism in mind, but also, with revision in mind! I use Copyleaks to check for both plagiarism and the amount of change my students makes from one iteration of a paper to the next. Both have been invaluable to me as an educator in the writing field! Without this service, my grading would take considerably longer, so I am grateful to Copyleaks for having the tools I need.

Pros

The side-by-side document reviewing panes.

Cons

The upload functionality for putting the data into the system.

Sarah from InfinityxCreations

Industry: Publishing

Copy NOT!

I would say it's been good - I mean, I like knowing my work is polished and that those I'm considering publishing aren't copycats.

Pros

The best way to check if someone has lied to you about their writing - right here, and right now. Copyleaks is amazing for a plagiarism tool!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, other than it really sucks that people had to create an app for this purpose, but its great to have it now.

Seth from University of Utah

Copy leaks review

Checking for students plagiarism from the internet or each other

Pros

The ability to drop and drag papers to compare the papers with online articles

Cons

I could not compare students papers against each other for plagiarism

Hanah from She Writes 4 The Lord

Best Site

Overall, my experience has been great. I have no problems and it helps me when I write. I like to always double check and this helps me.

Pros

I like this software so much. I am always writing and editing. I am always looking for new software to help me. When I work on ideas for my book or writing ideas. I love how simple this site is. You can type in your information in the dashboard and it searches to see if your words have been used or if there is anything similar to what you wrote. Simple and yet works fast. I also love how it doesn't take long to work this software.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is how I wish the dashboard screen was different. I just wish it was a bit more updated. The appearance just needs to be updated.

Fabiola from South Texas College

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Most Useful

Love it.

Pros

I love the usefulness of this software and how much it helps with my job as a teacher’s assistant.

Cons

Maybe how it can get a little complicated to use sometimes.

Muhammad from 1st4connect

An Honest Review

Pros

This a really good and easy-to-use product. It really helped me a lot during documentations especially my Final Year Thesis of BS (Computer Science).

Cons

They should improve the quality of the spinner. Once I paraphrased a sentence and it changes the word "single" with "bachelor". So, I think there is room for improvement in this regard.

Peter from Catholic Relief Services

Great Software

Pros

The software is a good one, with very promising and enticing abilities

Cons

None, because I am happy to use it always

Samantha from Sentara College of Health Sciences

Copyleaks Review

Pros

It was easy to upload the document I needed to scan. It was also very easy to set up an account. The document was scanned quickly and I was able to share my results with my professor with no issues.

Cons

I had never used it before so it was a slight learning curve but I know now.

James from Full Sail University

Great Service!!!

The benefit of this software for me is the fact that it keeps my college writing assignments free of plagiarism, ensuring that I have followed all the rules and get the highest grade possible.

Pros

I like that this service allows me to check my college assignments for plagiarism before I turn them in so I can make any corrections necessary to avoid this. College instructors take plagiarism very seriously so it is of the utmost importance to me to make sure my college papers are free from any plagiarized work.

Cons

There really isn’t any downside to this software or service as far as I can see.

Abhishek from SRM University

Building projects is a breeze with their API

Pros

I liked that the product is able to identify the paraphrased content & violations in copyright with high accuracy and I was able to integrate it with my own project done in college.

Cons

I would appreciate if students were given access to the app on a per-project basis instead of 10 pages because we have lots of trial and error to do before we can submit the final code.

Freddy from University of Manchester

Pros

Ease of use and how good the results were

Cons

In my opinion I think it is quite costly especially for students like me

Response from Copyleaks

Replied August 2019

Hello Freddy, Thank you for leaving a review about Copyleaks on Capterra! We are so happy that you are enjoying using our product. We would love to feature your review on our main website, copyleaks.com. However, we would need a slightly more elaborate write-up (a paragraph or so). If you think you could spare some time and would be willing to write that, please let us know, and we'll send you some information about the details of how it could be written. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Team, Copyleaks

Jacqueline from Intermountain Christian School

Great value for money

This is a great tool for students and teachers. Students like the ability to run their papers through the checker to see how they are doing. It is a great tool for teachers as it is easy to show a student how they are doing on their writing.

Pros

This software does a great job of showing what material may be copied from other sources. It highlights the materials and shows what possible websites from which the material may have come.

Cons

The software will sometimes say that material is copied from the internal database. This is not helpful.

Maria from SoakingUpJoy.com

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for keeping my content mine

Overall, I am super happy with Copyleaks, There is no way I could search the internet myself to check for any possible plagiarism, so this software is awesome!

Pros

I love this software. I have used Copyleaks just a couple times, but I love that I can easily search the web and see if any of the content I have written for my blog has been copied and placed in unauthorized places.

Cons

I have only used Copyleaks a couple times, and so far I do not have anything that I do not like about this software.

Vipul from UNCC

Best plagiarism checker

Positive experience overall. Very happy with the product.

Pros

Easy to use. Clean interface. Gives accurate results.

Cons

Software does not work properly on my phone.

stacy from Va hospital

Excellent product!

Pros

Easy to use and worked perfectly! I went back to school after twenty years of nursing and this was extremely helpful! Even for projects at my workplace!

Cons

Alot of competition, many that claim to be free or work better.

Mahesh from Sadguru Gadge Maharaj College, Karad

Industry: Libraries

Very Useful

It's used as of plagiarism detection tool. Our need is completed.

Pros

Copyleaks provides a great result in checking plagiarism. It provides good results which help to improve the writing skills of our faculties. Cost-effective product.

Cons

It saves the checked files...there is a need to take a permission to save or not...faculties are not able to save their manuscript anywhere.

Reasons for Choosing Copyleaks

Its Cost effective and complete our needs

Dilini from SLIIT

Great tool for quality writing

Pros

1. Shows the correct sources where the similar words are matched. 2. Gives an overall percentage on similarity properties.

Cons

1. Takes little bit time to check large files. 2. Need to provide more credits in free trial

Wei-Chien from Amazon

Good Product

Pros

I thought that's good for making sure our codes did not be stolen by someone else.

Cons

It took too long to search. I guess you could make some ML into the product to store the similar searching results in your database.

Pernilla from University of Skövde

Copyleaks is the best plagiarism site I´ve used​!

I use Copyleaks on all my school papers, it is great. I am from Sweden and I love that​ Copyleaks works on my Swedish​ papers to and not only on my English ones. I highly​ recommend Copyleaks to students, it really works!

Pros

Copyleaks is the best plagiarism site I´ve used​! It is easy to understand works perfectly, never any problems.

Cons

I haven´t found anything I don´t like or like the least on Copyleaks.

Robert from Pa treatment and healing

I dig it

I have used it to check plagiarism in masters levels papers for my MSW

Pros

It is reliable and dependable. I recommend it for others to use

Cons

It is limited in its search scope. I don’t have 100% certainty in its results.

Simon from EM Normandie

Simon Bonino Review

Helped me thru my studies to learn how to use my sources without copying them, retranslating them and making fair point when making an essay with my trustfull sources

Pros

Efficiency and Accuracy in detecting plagiarism, but also find helpful sources

Cons

The software might be difficult to use and to understand for someone who never use this kind of technology

Andressa from Unesp

Single use

Thesis scan

Pros

I have enjoyed some features as the Comparison to published sources.

Cons

Bugs and percentage of plagiarism is sometime not linked.

Courtney from SCOHS

Great program!

Pros

Great for checking plagiarism Very effective

Cons

Sometimes highlights direct quotes Sometimes takes a while to finish uploading

Victoria from Georgetown

Great program

Pros

This software is very very easy to use and convenient.

Cons

What I do not like about this program is that I have to pay for it

O'nisha from Cruizers

Op review

Pros

This software worked wonderfully and helped me.

Cons

No there were not any. Noticeable things that I would change.

Virginia from Instituto tecnológico de Chihuahua

payment policies

I use the software to review thesis of students of Master in Business Administration, I find it very useful reduces my work and allows me to know the origin of the data consulted. Also when I need to review and authorize articles for which I am a reviewer as well as papers of which I am a judge.

Pros

The software is very friendly, the handling is easy, the results obtained are well informed, they have a large database to obtain the origin of plagiarism, etc.

Cons

What I did not like is that I assumed that I was only buying a service package only once and a month they reloaded the payment without me requesting it, right now I am looking for how to withdraw from the automatic payment.

Copyleaks does what it mean

Pros

Speed to generate report and accuracy of items founds.

Cons

More deep searching for plagiarism on internet

Siam from National Taiwan University of Science and Technology

Industry: Research

Review of Copyleaks Plagiarism Checker

Pros

I prefer to use Copyleaks Plagiarism Checker mainly because: - The ease of access - The accuracy with which it detects plagiarism - Affordable pricing options

Cons

I would not refer to it as something that I liked least about the software but at times it did flag specific words or phrases (such as surface tension, surface dilation) as plagiarized. I believe the accuracy can be improved in the newer versions.

Stephen from Store Space Self Storage

Industry: Warehousing

Used For SEO

Overall I think this is a useful software for checking our content that will go online.

Pros

I feel like this software is easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't show the report and I have to contact technical support.

Response from Copyleaks

Replied August 2019

Hello Stephen, Thank you for leaving a review about Copyleaks on Capterra! We are so happy that you are enjoying using our product. We would love to feature your review on our main website, copyleaks.com. However, we would need a slightly more elaborate write-up (a paragraph or so). If you think you could spare some time and would be willing to write that, please let us know, and we'll send you some information about the details of how it could be written. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Team, Copyleaks

Easy to use to have original content

In building and updating content on our websites this is wonderful.

Pros

With all of the window covering websites, it is easy to use this to help distinguish our content from the competition.

Cons

nothing, it worked really well for our needs.

Dominika from Remote-how

Super helpful

Really helpful tool especially for university essays.

Pros

The software helped me check my thesis for accidental plagiarism before I submitted it for final review by my university.

Cons

That you need to pay, however that’s not avoidable.