Browse Buzzsprout Reviews

Santiago from El Brunch Show

All a great revelation for the podcasters, very intuitive.

When starting any initiative, especially a podcast, the support of a portal to upload the programs is a fact, your free plan has allowed me to start with a dream I had for years, now that I'm going in the right direction, I can look for sponsorship and thus expand the necessary improvements in my podcast to reach new audiences with the commercial advantage of Buzzprout.

Pros

As a podcaster it is important for me the documentation, Buzzsprout offers everything that anyone who seeks to join the wonderful world of podcast needs to know. Another aspect that I think is fantastic, is that you have all the tools for your podcast to reach the next level, it does not matter if you do not know about the area, thanks Buzzsprout you can count on an intuitive panel that will guide you in everything you need to do to record, produce and upload your podcast. Also, I like to automatically update your new programs with other popular platforms among listeners, which allows you to reach new audiences and publicize the content of your podcast. Another experience that I really liked, is the way it is designed and designed for cell phones, it is available for any smartphone that uses Android or iOS. So much is what they think about the podcasters, who put at your disposal the possibility that you have your own website.

Cons

With the growth of consumption of platforms such as Spotify, it is a disappointing factor that they do not directly publish the podcasts that are uploaded on their platform, that makes it less attractive to their commercial offer. Also, they could improve the benefits of their business plans, I'm sure many podcasters will opt for Buzzsprout as a platform to seek to attract those customers who are not very happy with other platforms that limit their creative process.

Riccardo from Woodaeon

This platform does a lot for your podcast and for you

Pros

I think that Buzzsprout is one podcasting platform that does a lot for podcast hosts and their shows. On the educational side of things, I like that Buzzsprout helps podcasters and podcasting enthusiasts through articles, video tutorials and email, as well as its community. It's good to know that, when you sign up for Buzzsprout, you can get all of this! In terms of the platform itself, Buzzsprout does what you would expect from a media host. There are a few things I think it does well: allowing you to distribute your podcast content to many platforms with ease, giving you stats that are insightful but easy to read, and letting you optimize and transcribe your episodes right from inside the platform.

Cons

Some podcast hosts have a free plan and Buzzsprout does too. However, its free plan makes your content available only for a limited time (90 days). And if you opt for the plan that follows (the most wallet-friendly premium plan), you are going to spend a bit more than what you would pay with other hosting platforms.

Professional and Straight Forward

Pros

Buzzsprout is straight forward and very professional. I love the layout and how easy it is to use on a regular basis. Buzzsprout makes it so easy to upload and edit episodes I especially love how easy they layout the stats, it's so easy to understand and see how well each episode is doing. I've never had an issue with support on any web or OS.

Cons

I don't love their pricing tiers. The highest tier only allows us to upload 12 hours per month. If you go over that it begins to get very pricey. I wish that there was another option to allow for 20 or more hours. Other than that I don't have many complaints. The product works as advertises and I've enjoyed using it.

Phil from SherWare, Inc.

A Podcast Host That Celebrates Your Wins With You

We use Buzzsprout to host one of our podcasts. It's much easier to get stats to see how your podcast is doing that other platforms we have used.

Pros

We like the celebration emails when you reach certain milestones. Weekly emails that let you know your stats.

Cons

So far we haven't found anything that we feel like we're missing by using Buzzsprout.

Reasons for Switching to Buzzsprout

Better statistics and better communication.

Katie from Luther Seminary and Augsburg University

Solid Podcasting Platform, Especially for Metrics

I've used Buzzsprout for both personal and organizational podcast projects. In every instance it's been a time-saver and, ultimately, a cost-saver because it saves server space. Recommended.

Pros

I've used this platform for multiple podcast projects. It's intuitive and user-friendly. In particular, it's possible to see your analytics--something that has been difficult on iTunes, for example. The data about number of listeners, platforms, devices, etc. are all extremely helpful. Buzzsprout also makes distribution simple across platforms, with autopublishing features to various podcast players and the ability to embed Buzzsprout's player into any webpage or blog post. The ability to manage multiple podcasts from a single account is helpful as well.

Cons

I haven't had any complaints about Buzzsprout. It does what I've needed it to do.

Tracy from Self-employed

Buzzsprout makes hosting simple

Terrific customer service. Did I mention it's super easy to use? I plan to stick with BuzzSprout for a long, long time.

Pros

Buzzsprout is inexpensive and incredibly easy to use - making it easy for a newcomer to get started. With the advent of regular emails, blog posts, and a suite of podcasts about podcasting, the service is helping me grow my podcast and offering me the opportunity to encourage others who are launching new shows.

Cons

The user interface has been slightly clunky but those issues have been resolved in the last couple of months. I'm excited about where BuzzSprout is headed.

John Patrick from The Growth Center

I use this to record podcasts. Easy and no hassle.

I can post a regular podcast anytime I wish. The quality is good and it is easy to use.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Each day I go to the site, upload a podcast I had recorded and it emails the link to me.

Cons

I have had no problems. Each time I have had to use the app it has worked. For someone like me, that is a real help.

Chris from Oxford Baptist Church

Great for me, the novice podcaster

Buzzsprout allows me to upload mp3 files of my weekly sermon with great easy. I use it and love it.

Pros

Buzzsprout software and the interface is easy to use, it provides all the features I needed to get my work published and available to those who need it. It connects my podcasts to several services, and provides a great homepage for my work. Finally, I like the way it integrates with facebook with its video preview clips.

Cons

I wish I could customize the homepage and the interactions with the homepage a little more. More advanced podcasters may find buzzspout to be entry-level, but it is perfect for what I need.

Bob from Bob Thibodeau Speaks

Very Good. I have had no issues with Buzzsprout since joining.

Pros

ease of loading the files and keeping track of the statistics. I love the ability to see where the downloads are coming from.

Cons

Having to enter HTML code manually for the show notes. This takes up a lot of time when you have to do each and every show by hand.

Jan from Women of the Northwst

Need a podcast host?

One thing that I really like is their tutorials on YouTube. They're friendly and explicit in their how-to's. I'm a newbie at podcasting, but help is at my fingertips. I went to ShePodcasts Convention in Scottsdale a couple weeks ago where they had a booth. I felt like I already knew the Buzzsprout staff since I'd received help from them. So friendly and willing to help. I've found the website to be simple to use every step of the way.

Pros

I love how user friendly this is. I have a fair amount of knowledge of techy stuff, but diving into new territory is not always easy. The layout and help is right at your fingertips

Cons

This software is comprehensive. There really is nothing that I don't like.

Jared from Podcast Movement

I have been a Buzz's proud client for 2 years now.

Pros

Buzzsprout stays on top of industry changes and works hard to keep new podcast directories available to it's users. A great example of this is Spotify. Buzzsprout was one of the first podcast hosting companies to have an agreement with Spotify for it's Podcasters.

Cons

I have no complaints. Buzzsprout is responsive. The website layout is clean and easy to use. The support has always been helpful.

Eric from ChurchMag

As easy and feature rich as podcasting should be.

An all-in-one solution for publishing our podcast. It is both robust and easy to use. It honestly just gets better as time goes on. Almost every update includes a new and useful feature, and it's never failed to meet our podcast publishing needs.

Pros

The ability to update, publish, and share our podcast. It also does a great job of keeping up with changes and adding useful features. Stats? Check. Album art? Check. Easy to embed on your website and publish on multiple platforms? Check.

Powered Podcasts

Pros

Podcasts have become an important communication tool, encompassing the power of the message through sound and the internet. Therefore, it is essential to have a platform that is the best ally to make this exercise something really productive, and Buzzsprout makes it a reality. With this application that has a free trial period for 90 days, you can experience how you can get the most out of your Podcasts, because it gives you the possibility of: facilitating listeners quickly and accurately with their audio players integrals in a website, in addition to providing the possibility of entering it into iTunes, other directories of Podcasts, and if that was not enough, to various social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. Not satisfied with this, Buzzsprout gives you the opportunity to statistically offer a range of data to know how and where listeners are finding the Podcasts, that is, that geographically locates the listeners, in addition to the total size of the audience. And finally, this tool is very easy to use by all those who stand out doing this activity. Without a doubt, it is a fundamental application for all those who make Podcasts. Its activity board is very simple to understand, and not least, gives you the possibility to manage it on your mobile phone. Not having Buzzsprout would be a total waste. 100% useful

Cons

There is nothing to criticize from my point of view. It is 100% functional for the targeted target and the functions for which this software was made. It could be a 10 when you have more updates and include more options that are in development.

Ben from Reports from the Spiritual Frontier

Good Customer Service, Friendly for Newbies, Stats Especially Lacking

For the beginning podcaster, Buzzsprout is a perfect fit. Their tutorials are great, their interface is easy to use, and their customer service is engaged and proactive. (I actually received an unsolicited e-mail from a tech who thought he had noticed a problem with my account, which is amazing.) There are two primary drawbacks to Buzzsprout: 1) If you're posting a new episode, you cannot put in the episode details before you start uploading your sound file. If you have modern internet, this could mean that your episode is posted before you've had a chance to put in a title, description, artwork, etc. I can't tell you how many times I've had to delete or do last-second editing, because my episode posted my listeners before I was ready for it to go to them. No one wants to listen to a podcast that's still called "File-Name".mp3, without any description or artwork. 2) The stats are awful. Buzzsprout highlights its "Listeners" statistic, which is an intentionally obtuse, proprietary statistic. What makes a listener? I don't know. Buzzsprout doesn't tell me. This makes it difficult to know what's making a difference for listener engagement and how to communicate to my sponsors about the reach of my podcast. That, combined with the fact that you can't do more advanced features, like A/B testing, etc. means that the service lags behind badly when your audience starts growing and your podcast starts generating revenue. This is probably the reason I'll have to switch podcasting services at the end of this year; much to my regret.

Pros

Beginner-Friendly. Easy interface. Responsive Customer Service.

Cons

The stats page is hideous - intentionally obtuse, without giving the opportunity to do deep-dives in figuring out what makes your audience tick.

Boitumelo from Lighthouse Tabernacle

An Online Church Library

We are running a church website (www.lighthouse-tabernacle.co.za) and we have embedded our Buzzsprout podcast account onto it, and we just love the look and feel of it and the latitude given to us to change the look and feel of the podcast account to mirror the actual website. We have been uploading sermons since 2014, and we upload weekly on Wednesdays and Sundays, and I am glad to report that the only downtime we ever experienced was less then two hours. The speed at which queries are being attended to with is absolutely amazing. We are a very small church but we are awed by the highest levels of professionalism and yet at a very reasonable price. The amount data we upload onto the podcast account is massive but yet I have never seen even one time the site crushing. Needless to mention that we had a previous service provider whose downtimes were unacceptable and response times were very poor. Buzzsprout is professional but yet even a not so technically inclined person can use it.

Pros

User friendly and look and feel of it

Cons

We need to be able to upload video one day not just audio

Ryan from Trinity Missionary Church

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

An Incredible Hosting Service

From the first time I uploaded a podcast, I was impressed with the ease and intuitiveness of the Buzzsprout services. I am an associate pastor at a church, and one of my focus areas is our weekly worship service. Knowing the impact a digital presence can have a community and desire to bring a new facet to our local ministry, I immediately addressed the need for a weekly podcast. Not being a software engineer, nor being an expert in digital media (I know enough to be dangerous, but not a guru by any measure), I was concerned with hosting a weekly podcast. How was I going to be able to do a good job producing a weekly podcast? We needed a way to produce a quality podcast that not only sounded good, but also provided features like archiving past messages, and easy playability to our audience. Buzzsprout has provided everything we were looking for, and more! Our Buzzsprout portal looks amazing, is very easy to navigate, archives our podcasts, allows us to add graphics and images to our finished product, provides links to embed on our web page and other social media sites, takes care of the behind-the-scene technical aspects of our podcast with iTunes, and does it all at an extremely affordable monthly rate. I am so thankful I found Buzzsprout and would recommend them to anybody who wants to make a splash in the digital realm.

Pros

I love the professional look to the Buzzsprout portal, the intuitiveness of the web-portal (easy to navigate), the ability to add images to podcasts, the website/social media links to podcasts, and the ability to edit past posts.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I do not like about the Buzzsprout services

Dave from Trinity Baptist Church - Sun City Center

Great Media Hosting - Responsive Customer Support

Our church has used BuzzSprout for two years+ to host our audio (sermons mostly) and for Podcast interface. We have been able to effectively reach our homebound and handicapped members as well as to spread the Word outside out local community - VERY cost effectively. The great thing about BuzzSprout is ease of use - from uploading audio (sermons in our case) to having it automatically appear on your podcast. There is a fairly simple interface to set up once with the Apple folks and after that, it all happens like magic -- upload your audio from your PC and you're done; a few minutes later it's available to the world. We also like the STATS features. The only thing I would like to see would be a bit more granularity in terms of how long someone plays, and how to tell between a "listen" and a robot. Some of this is available - but we always want more :-) The ability to track how many are listening and approximately where the listeners are is fantastic - useful to know where the outreach is working. BuzzSprout is so easy to use we haven't needed much support but whenever I needed it - it was prompt and effective!

Pros

Value & ease of use. Customer support has also been excellent.

Cons

Not much to dislike about BuzzSprout.

Drew from The Drew Hahn Show

Great Podcast Host for all types of formats

I have greatly enjoyed Buzzsprout. I found them 2 years ago when podcasting was booming and I wanted to get my homemade podcast out there. The site is simple to use with helpful features and links. It helps get your show promoted with instructions for sharing RSS feed along with providing a simple website available for people find the podcast outside of other Podcast Portals. The best thing I've enjoyed is that I produce my podcast in video format and Buzzsprout can convert that into an audio file without any demerits towards monthly allowance for download space. I have not felt the need to look elsewhere for a podcast host and highly recommend!

Pros

functionality, easy to use platform yet diverse features.

Cons

The statistics dont always seem the most accurate. I wish we could see more from the listener stats.

Eric from ChurchMag

Podcast Publishing Made Easy

When we first started the ChurchMag Podcast, we hosted our own audio on AWS (Amazon S3) and published our iTunes XML feed using a fairly easy to use desktop app. Compared to other online solutions, it seemed like the best way to maintain control over our media and update feeds. Over time, however, it became clear that it was far from a smooth, easy to use solution. That's when we found Buzzsprout. Buzzsprout not only gave me full control over the feed and media, but also made it super easy to integrate other important podcasting platforms like Google Play, Stitcher, as well as the traditional RSS feed and website embed. In the past, iTunes has been very difficult to use when submitting your information, updates, etc... but Buzzsprout made it super easy. Plus, whenever iTunes has an update or add a new feature, Buzzsprout supports it. In the end, Buzzsprout lets me focus on producing the ChurchMag Podcast and takes any and all the pains out of podcast publishing. I can't imagine podcasting without them.

Pros

It's easy to upload and edit podcasts.

Cons

I wish you could set the time a podcast is published, not just the date.

Christopher from The Ginja Ninja's Show

Joined and Never Looked Back

I had been kicking the idea of a podcast around for a long time but was too nervous to ever start. One day my wife was bored at work and started researching a hosting site for me without my knowledge. She sent me some info on Buzzsprout and we began an experiment/trial run. I won't lie, Buzzsprout had wonderful resources laying out the technical details, tips on recording, great options for sharing, and suddenly I had a podcast. My content may not be the best, but that is on me. What Buzzsprout allowed me to do was be creative and not sweat the details. We started with the free plan but once we had our stuff together we realized we needed a paid plan. We went to the middle tier and haven't stopped since. Even when my debit card was hacked and my funds were frozen, Buzzsprout customer service allowed me time to wait for my new card before paying them my monthly fee. I was worried my late payment would mean my archive would be gone and the hard work of two years would be lost forever. Once I let them know they gave me a 30-day window to pay them their fee and I told myself then that I would not forget it.

Pros

Ease of use, good customer service, frequent new features

Thomas from Self employed

Buzzsprout makes Podcasting for Dummies as Simple as can be!

Provide an outlet for our son to talk about sports.

Pros

My son is 10. He knows more about sports than most of the talking heads on Espn. He lives and breaths talk radio. Without notes he can analyze the baseball waiver wire, dissect the NFL Draft and dish on the latest happenings of all the Dallas-area sports teams. We needed to give him an outlet so he'd have a way to express himself best and a podcast seemed like the most logical road to take...but how? Enter Buzzsprout. With no experience at all, my wife and I were able to get him out into the podcast world within hours of joining Buzzsprout. Once we bought the mic (the costliest part of the experience) Buzzsprout led us through the rest. Seriously, it was really easy and fun. My son was so excited about the process and actually did most of the work himself to set it up. Again...he's 10 years old! We aren't concerned with the number of listeners and all that jazz. Our goal was to give him a platform to talk about this stuff and interview friends and what not. All we had to do was upload a completed audio file and Buzzsprout did everything else. No joke. Within seconds we had created and published his first episode! He was able to upload it and schedule it for release an hour after school got out so his friends could listen. Super smart and super easy. We were even able to find his podcast right away on Spotify which is what we use for podcasts in our family. Give Buzzsprout a try! You won't regret it!

Cons

Nothing at all. We were up and running in minutes!

Teresa from stjosephsraleigh.org

Buzzsprout: Great Podcasting Software

Two years ago I began reviewing different podcasting software programs for my church. I read many reviews and looked at many different software packages and ultimately chose Buzzsprout due to its user-friendly interface and great tutorials and directions. Buzzsprout is cost-effective for our small parish as I only upload 4-5 homilies each month. The unlimited storage offered by Buzzsprout is another feature that attracted me. I like the Stats page which allows me to see what device and program listeners are using to hear the podcasts. Our public site was easy to set up through Buzzsprout and the directions on how to establish an iTunes channel were perfect. There was one change made several months ago that I don't like and that has to do with the tags for each podcast episode. The tags used to be listed in a box, making it easy to copy them from an existing podcast to a new podcast, but now each tag is displayed in a purple circle so in order for me to copy the list from one podcast to another one I have to remember to open an existing podcast and copy the list, then close that podcast and go to Upload a New Episode. It adds an extra step. However, I still love Buzzsprout and wouldn't consider switching to a different software

Pros

Ease of use, great tutorials

Cons

The tags now being listed in separate purple circles. I like the tags in a list better.

We use Buzzsprout for our sermon podcasts and have loved them from day one.

We were able to expand our ministry beyond those who could attend Sunday morning services. Our church statistics tell us that 50% of the people attend 50% of the time. Lives are busy. Having an online presence for our sermons allows people to stay up-to-date with their church family.

Pros

I find it very affordable for a small church. I have a number of volunteers who have been able to quickly learn how to upload the sermons - it's very user friendly. I love that you can add different sized players to your websites. We even have it inside our church app. And the feature of visual soundbites has been a great addition -- we get more social media clicks from these than anything else.

Cons

I have very little negative to say! Sometimes the background graphics in the players is hard to manage to get just the right size-- but after some trial and error I finally landed the perfect backdrop to our player that works in both the web and mobile views.

Toby from Secret Transmission Podcast

Industry: Broadcast Media

Buzzsprout is the best to host your podcast!

We've been using Buzzsprout to host our show for almost a year. They have an easy step by step instructions on how to send your show to iTunes, GooglePlay, and Stitcher. Easy to understand stats that update ever 6 hours! Anytime I've had an issue or a question (which is rare because of how user friendly it is) they are quick to respond on twotter(that's how I contacted them when I have an issue). I've recommended Buzzsprout to many other podcasts, and will continue. You may find cheaper prices, but you are also getting a great quality that others can't offer. Shameless promotion, go check out our show Secret Transmission Podcast

Pros

Easy to use, easy step by step instructions, very user friendly, stats are easy to understand, communicating any issue via twitter is a pretty quick response

Cons

The price is a little higher than others, but the quality of service is excellent and makes up for it.

Rick from Seven Minutes To Bedtime

Perfect for the beginner

My daughter and I started recording our nightly conversations and posting them as a podcast. We wanted to see if there was a market for what we had to offer. It could NOT have been easier. Setting it up, marketing, posting, and keeping track of metrics was a breeze. Even when we eventually decided to stop casting, the entire process was very easy. We are paying a small fee right now to keep the recordings because I want to keep them for when she's older, and that was easy to do as well. If you are looking to dip your feet in the podcasting waters, Buzzsprout is the way to go.

Pros

Cons

You can't download your podcasts to save them offline.

Todd from Sunstates Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

The Buzz on Buzzsprout

Pros

I am a big fan of Buzzsprout. I wanted to start a podcast several years ago and didn't have the knowledge or financial resources. Then I came across Buzzsprout. I was not only able to create my podcast with ease but it was affordable as well. This is a very user-friendly company and I'm all about user-friendliness. The interface is beautiful. The company also wants you to succeed as a podcast and offers tips and tools for that purpose. You can't go wrong with Buzzsprout, no annual contract and unlimited storage, you can beat that with a stick.

Cons

When I started out with Buzzsprout I took advantage of their Free plan which allows 2 hours of upload per month. But what I didn't like was that the uploaded content was only hosted for 90 days. The pay plans offer indefinite hosting. The free plan is good to get started but not for the long haul.

Emile from Winter Park Presbyterian Church

Buzzsprout is a fantastic and easy to use product!

I have been using Buzzsprout on behalf of my church for about two years now. It is simple to upload an MP3 file of our sermon, and members of our church have reported no difficulty listening to or downloading the file. It is rare than any product has so high a success rate with the broad age demographics of a church, but Buzzsprout is one. The website is easy to use, and Buzzsprout's player embeds easily into our own website. Their range of service plans meet well a range of needs. Without Buzzsprout, we would find sharing our audio messages much more difficult. A great service and product!

Pros

Ease of use for both the uploader and the listener. We have never had anyone report that they were unable to listen to a message. Buzzsprout supports a variety of browsers and operating systems. I cannot think of any other technology product we use that simply works as well as Buzzsprout with as little fuss.

Cons

None - it works just as it is supposed to work!

Andrew from Down to Dunk

Buzzsprout is what podcasters need

I've been using Buzzsprout for 4 years and it has helped take our podcast to new heights. It is easy to use and easy way to share our podcast. The new Facebook feature where you can add a 30 second video snip of your podcast is really cool. I like that I have a 4 year archive of my show all in one place. The only thing I wish was different is that there is now Unlimited download price point. For the amount of podcast I do I need that. Also the price is more expensive than other platforms.

Pros

Easy to use. Good looking player.

Cons

Price point and no unlimited download limit

Daniel from Misty Bridge Publishing

An excellent, easy-to-use podcast publishing service.

I have used at least five different podcast publishing platforms throughout my career. But the one I have used the longest and with the best results is Buzzsprout. From the beginning, they were easy to set up and use. The stats are great. And they make integration with the iTunes, Google Play, and my own website very easy. I don't have any complaints about the service or uptime. I know that I can depend on them for consistent, reliable service. And I have recommended Buzzsprout to friends and colleagues.

Pros

- Ease of use - Not fancy; simple to use

Johnny from Grand Guignol Network

The best podcast host out there!

When starting my first podcast, I thoroughly researched podcast hosts and Buzzsprout really stood out to me. The features, the cost and the customer service all got good marks and it has not disappointed. I am so impressed with Buzzsprout, that I have used them for all of the podcasts on my new network and will continue to for years. Buzzsprout gets my highest recommendation.

Pros

Ease of use, great customer service, cost

Cons

I wish there was a hosting plan larger than the 12 hours a month.

Easy Podcast Hosting Platform, but Pricey

Pros

It is incredibly easy to get your podcast listed in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and basically every major podcast platform. It's also super convenient to be able to create and post video previews of a podcast episode, and these are also visually stunning.

Cons

The free plan is reasonable, but if it doesn't meet your needs, it's incredibly expensive unless your podcast is well-established and generating revenue.

John from SFP Radio

Great value for the money, intuitive upload process.

We use this software to promote, produce and distribute our podcast on a weekly basis. This software allows us to do this in a clean, easy manner that is visually appealing to our customers.

Pros

I use buzzsprout on an almost weekly basis. The upload process is very easy and quick. The amount of storage provided each month is more than sufficient for my needs and I love the ability to add more each month instead of upgrading my entire plan. I also enjoy the snipets you can produce and posting to Facebook and Instagram is a breeze.

Cons

The major concern for me is the inability to post to YouTube. Hosting a podcast is great, but getting it to all avenues is important. YouTube is a big medium that I wish was available to post to. Another issue I'd like to see is more updated statistics and listeners information. I'd like to know exactly where and when my listeners tune in. Also a Live feature would be awesome to have as an option for broadcasting.

Chris from Geneva Lakes Church

A Perfect Resource for Churches

Buzzsprout has been the perfect resource for us to share sermons on our website. The functionality on the backend is easy to use for our volunteers. We have never run into a time when we couldn't upload or play sermons. The flexibility to create custom players for special series has been on of our favorite features. It is easy to select a certain tag and then copy and paste the code into our WordPress site. The podcast option does all the work for you. I recommend this great resource, especially for the great price!

Pros

Ease of use. Up-time. Podcast feature. Able to create players to play recordings with specific tags.

Cons

Nothing

James from Grace Fellowship

Super Happy with Buzzsprout

We were seeking to find a way for those who had missed our Sunday church services to be able to hear the messages. What we discovered is that the messages were being heard far more broadly. We have people all over the United States who listen regularly and even a few overseas who listen.

Pros

We got started in podcasting our church sermons and other teachings using Buzzsprout. It was easy to upload the mp3s and edit the details. We have had no issues losing recordings, and Buzzsprout doesn't have a lot of downtime for maintenance. The added features of being able to link through popular outlets like iTunes, Spotify, etc. has enabled us to expand our reach.

Cons

I must admit that I'm not super techie, so I may not notice the weaknesses in this service. That being said, I've got no complaints, at all.

Jeff from The CJC Weekly Bible Study

Easy For A First-Timer

This was my first attempt at Podcasting and Buzzsprout made it easy for this first-timer! I'm far from tech-savvy, but I didn't find it difficult or discouraging while navigating their site and the overall process. For remaining questions, I was able to get prompt and personal responses that were actually helpful. And with the different plans, I was able to try it out at a small level and then bump up once I discovered that the process was worthwhile. Since beginning about a year and a half ago, I've now made some customizable changes to my Buzzsprout site. The choices in this regard were somewhat limited, but at least there were choices. I think I like most of all the "Stats" access where I can see such things as how many times each episode is listened to, where the listeners are located in the world, and other interesting information. For my needs, Buzzsprout provides me an excellent value and a positive experience! I highly recommend Buzzsprout, even to those who are just getting started in Podcasting for the first time!

Pros

Stats

Cons

Limited choices when customizing my Buzzsprout website.

jeff from BLIS.fm

with an average of 18 podcasts every week, Buzzsprout is the most convenient and effective tool.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Very intuitive and the information loaded stays organized and easy to access.

Cons

I've never experienced any service outages or glitches so no negatives. It would be nice to have a 4 hour per month option as most of our shows are 1 hour, weekly -- and we either go over on the 3 hour per month plan -- or don't use the allotted 6 hours per month on that plan

Shawn from Never Heard of It Podcast

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

A Painless Solution

I can't imagine how anyone would make hosting and distributing a podcast any easier than Buzzsprout has made it. The sound quality is terrific, customer service is quick and extremely helpful, and I like that features continue to be added. My only suggestion is to put the release date field a little closer to the top of the form for uploading an episode. If your file is small it's too easy for it to upload before you have a chance to set the date, which can cause an episode to be released before you want it to on some services. Other than that - and even with that - we are still extremely satisfied.

Pros

Ease of use. Layout. Features.

Cons

Needs a slight tweak to make scheduling the release date a little easier to set before file uploads.

Alex from The Hub Systems Podcast

Industry: Medical Devices

Great place to host your podcast

I was new to podcasting when I started a little over 15 months ago, but Buzzsprout made it easy from the off. The statistics and support make it easy to maintain and tailor my broadcasting, with very little from me in the way of prior knowledge or hard work - which means I can focus on content rather than technical issues on hosting; after all I don't want to be in IT Support! I started on the very entry-level of Buzzsprout's offerings, but quickly went to a higher volume content when I was established, and the transition was seamless. My only ask would be for unused time to be carried over to the next billing period, which would make the service absolutely perfect, as my job means my output isn't as regular as I'd like, so I might have only a single short 'cast one month and then 3-4 longer ones next month, which means either delaying output or paying for extra time.

Pros

Very simple to use, intuitive and great easy-to-understand statistics and embedded player options

Cons

The cut-off for paid time - unused time is not carried froward to the next billing period

Dave from Grand Rapids Evangelical Free Church

Super easy for our non-technical folks to publish sermons online

Our church has been using Buzzsprout for a few years now and it's been very easy for the staff to publish the weekly sermons online. I am a full-time web developer and volunteer some of my time to help with the church's website. When looking into options for publishing sermons online, I wanted something that was so easy that technical assistance wouldn't be required on a regular basis. Buzzsprout fit the bill perfectly. Our folks have done a great job using it and it's a cinch for visitors of our website to find and listen to recent sermons. I do see some room for improvement in terms of the UI and features overall, but couldn't we all use a little improvement? Good app.

Pros

User-friendly for our non-technical folks

Cons

Haven't been a big fan of the embedded player, but it's been a while since we've used that feature so it's probably improved since then.

Jesse from Grand Guignol Network

Industry: Broadcast Media

The Best Podcast Host!

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive software. Makes running several podcasts very easy. I also like being able to see stats and find out where my listeners are listening from.

Cons

The only con is I consistently go over the 12 hours of content per month on their highest plan and it can get pricey. I'd like another pricing tier with more than 12 hours per month.

Norman from Flame CCR (Community radio)

Industry: Wireless

Flame CCR use of Buzzsprout

Used since Autumn 2013 and we now have 230 hours of radio programmes on Buzzsprout for LISTEN AGAIN. Buzzsprout has always been easy to access, reliably there for our listeners. Payment methods have been easy. However with a large number of radio programmes on Buzzsprout some form of alphabetic indexing and search would be useful.

Pros

It is simple and it works

Cons

Some indexing of files stored would be useful.

Bob from The Bob and Katie Show

Buzzsprout or Bust!

I've been using Buzzsprout for over 2 years and could not be happier! So easy to use and understand! Shoot you can use it for free to try it out. I'm so glad I chose Buzzsprout.

Pros

So unbelievably Easy to use.

Cons

I wish I could get 4 hours instead of 3 for the plan I have. That would be an Hour a week.

Marc from South Side Baptist Church

Buzzsprout easily allows me to get my content on various platforms so that I can expand my audience.

Ease of pushing our podcast to various third party platforms. A database of all our episodes so that we have an archive in one location.

Pros

I love the dashboard! It allows me to see my content, views/listens to episode, and how many hours of upload time I have available in each location. Also with Buzzsprout, I am able to have my most current episode featured on my website plus it automatically updates every week!

Cons

I wish that the built in Buzzsprout player was a little more intuitive and clean. I have had people who have had issues fast forwarding and rewinding, so I always have to push people to third party podcast companies (e.g., Apple, Stitcher, etc.).

Kelly from Faith Presbyterian Church

The BEST product I've found for posting a podcast on the internet

A few years ago I was looking for a company to host my church's sermons. We are a small church with limited resources but still wanted to increase our internet footprint. After receiving recommendations from other pastors one told me about Buzzsprout. I was initially impressed at the cost for hosting. $12/month for 3 hours of audio (regardless of file size) is the best price I have been able to find. Once I signed up I was even more impressed by how easy it is to actually get your podcast uploaded. The stats they offer are easy to understand and a great way to see just how much people are listening and where. And, the buzzsprout team is constantly working to improve their product and recently rolled out their "visual audio" platform which is another great way to get my podcast recognized. Overall this is a wonderful product that I highly recommend to anyone looking for podcast hosting.

Pros

Easy of use and cost.

Cons

Visual Audio is not a user friendly as I would like it to be.

Dustin from Error Machine

I've been using Buzzsprout for almost 4 years and haven't had a single complaint about the service.

Quick and easy use for uploading all of my podcasts.

Pros

Buzzsprout is very easy to use. The explanations given to help you along with the experience are very easy to understand, and any time that I do have a question, it's already been answered and I can easily find it. Uploading new episodes is very simple, and I've suggested it to many friends who wanted to get into podcast themselves. The prices are very fair for the time allotted each month.

Cons

The only thing about the service I don't necessarily fully understand is the calculations used to determine what a "listener" is, which is different than a subscriber.

Monica from Be Still Be Free

Buzzsprout is very user friendly, easy to understand and the plug-in for Wordpress is perfect for what I need. I love the features that tell us where people are listening from, and on what devices. The only things I would suggest is having a feature for knowing how many downloads we have for each episode, and having the locations/devices option for all episodes, not just last 5-10 days. I'd love a more detailed analysis regarding stats.

Pros

User friendly, easy to upload, great integration with Wordpress, looks good visually for listeners who come to the site

Cons

No download numbers available, most stats (locations, devices, etc) are only available for last 5-10 episodes...would love more detailed analysis

Xavier from Tau-Ceti

Buzzsprout, Get your podcasting on and online

Easy to use, that's the first thing that got me eager to use Buzzsprout as my podcast uploading software. The one thing I really appreciate and find extremely useful is the fact that you can check out your data per episode. What country listeners to your show, how many listeners and on what platform. Extremely useful when you seek to figure out how to reach your public. Their Customer service was quick and very polite when It came to helping me fix a problem that I had uploading an episode of my show. They mailed me back right away and fixed the issue in less than an hour. Now that's what I call customer service dedication. I know my review might seem too perfect but that is the experience I am having with them. Everything is just swell. I produce a podcast episode of about 1h30min to 2h every month and their platform has been perfect for my show. A lot of options are there for you also, as in adding an illustration for each episode and a description, perfect tools to get a show on a professional level. Linking up to Stitcher and iTunes is also very helpful for users that are not tech savvy like myself with programming language. The only thing I am looking forward to is what new options are coming next. If you are starting up a Podcast and want to get the data about how many listeners you have and getting it on big platforms like iTunes, then Buzzsprout is totally what you are looking for.

Anthony from Contracting Coach

Industry: Information Services

Great Podcast Hosting

Buzzsprout is a great podcast hosting platform. I started using Buzzsprout when I first started podcasting and it was very easy to use and understand. They offer great support and tutorials on how to get started. I have done over 600 podcasts now and never had an issue.

Pros

Ease of use. Good analytics.

Lisa from Against Irreverence

An Easy Way to Begin Podcasting

Buzzsprout was a great help to launching my first podcast. For projects with longer-term staying power, I would certainly use it again!

Pros

Buzzsprout has helped me launch my first podcast. Especially as this first project began in a corner of academia with minimal funding, this was a great affordable way to begin using podcast tools and understanding how broadcasting your work happens.

Cons

Over the years, the software has changed. In some ways this is great, but less affordable. While the compatibility used to be an issue, now the cost can be a factor for projects that aren't funded by private producers or large institutions.

Alex from The Alex Merced Cast

Love the program

I now have three podcasts with buzzsprout and feel extremely happy with the ability to easily upload new episodes and get them distributed. I've never had any difficulties and find the available stats very useful in managing my podcast. The only thing I'd consider is maybe bundle pricing for people doing multiple podcasts, (like $30/mo for up 4 podcasts at

Pros

ease of use and stats

Cons

I would like there to be packages for those who want to host multiple podcasts, ($30 for 4 podcasts at 3 hours/mo) I have 6+ plus podcasts 3 of them I host with buzzsprout and the other 3 I use wordpress + Seriously Simple Podcasting using hosting from bluehost. I'd love to be able to have all my podcasts on buzzsprout but $12/mo adds up after a couple of shows. There could even be less time suck at $30/mo for 5 podcasts with 1 hour/mo each