• Pros

• "The platform is very easy to use. It's quick and simple to learn and keep updated. It's very user-friendly and does not take much time to use. Their customer service has been excellent as well."

• "The program is very easy to use and makes the process so much easier! I really like how it is so easy to organization all the documents into the folders! "

• "I like the ease of use so much better than using paper files. The support is great and can often answer my own questions by using the help menu and printed resources. "

• Cons

• "Training features could be a bit more customization. Recommend ability to reset training date defaults on the fly."

• "Initial configuration took me a bit because we didn't take advantage of document conversion (OUR mistake, not PowerDMS'). Otherwise, I have loved everything so far."

• "Honestly there is nothing I would say I don't like about PowerDMS. Sometimes it can bee a little "finicky", and glitch every now and then, but there are no software issues."

Browse PowerDMS Reviews

Miyoshi from Fulton County Emergency Services

This software has been GOD SENT as I'm able to training, testing and other activities

This software has been most beneficial to not only me but to the other employees as they are able to use it while during their professional and personal time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the "GO GREEN" concept and not having to search the entire department for things. Before encouraging the company to purchase it, it was a nightmare locating employee files, training materials, records, attempting to get employees assembled in one location on one particular day for training. Investing in this software was a great decision as I'm able to better manage employee files, training materials, records, and no longer have worry about assembling employees on a particular date for training.

Cons

Currently I the pros are outweighing the cons, as right now I don't have any to share. I've used this software for 8 years now and it has worked wonders.

Erin from Knightdale Police Department

My experience has been excellent thus far. Makes my job managing accreditation exponentially easier

Pros

The was document management blends seamlessly into accreditation management is a huge benefit to me. I can easily update my accreditation assessment when policies and forms are revised. The software tells you which documents are used to proof which standards, and when those documents have been revised and need to updated in the accreditation assessment.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives. The company is extremely open to customer feedback and is continually adding features that I and others have recommended. I have participated in several usability sessions with the development team. They are awesome. Their training and support teams are top notch too!

Teri from Blue Springs Police Department

Personal Review of PowerDMS

PowerDMS has streamlined the ability to keep all of my training documents, policies, signature lists, etc. in one secure place. It is a very user-friendly software which makes my job very easy when training new users how to navigate through it. I would definitely recommend PowerDMS to any size company asi it is well worth the investment.

Pros

The ease of uploading documents and tracking signatures for policy changes, workflows, or training documents. Also, that I do not have to worry about my computer crashing and losing all of my documents.

Cons

It seems that videos work better in MP4 format in PowerDMS.

Clara from Snellville police department

Great Software

In our department we keep our policies up to date so that everyone is aware of what is expected and what changes have been made from previous years. I enjoy using it because it gives you the option to be able to go back and view previously signed and submitted documents, allows you to stay up to date with any update and notifies you when an item needs attention. I also enjoy the fact that a mobile version is available when you are on the go.

Pros

The ability to sign and read updates to policies and documents kept up to date by the department. The ability to be able to go back and see the documents at any time. Being able to see updated documents and compare them to older versions to see what has specifically changed without having to read through the whole documents over again. Getting notifications when items are about to expire to be able to log in and reread edits and sign them before the expiration date.

Cons

There are not any problems with the software in my opinion.

Tennie from Hobbs Police Department

I like the program

Pros

The program is okay. I like that people can go in and see the documents that they have and sign for their stuff to show proof. They did look at a document.

Cons

When I go to signature and print off who sign their documents a lot of times it doesn't show that person sign for their stuff, but if I go in that person name it will show they have sign for their documents. It is weird at times

Leslye from City and County of Denver

Best document/audit management tool

Overall just a great document and workflow management tool that has significantly cut down on our paper usage and creates an easy place for all staff to view and sign off on policies.

Pros

Great for managing documents and workflows. Easy to track changes that other people made to improve accountability. Also very useful tool for managing audit documents and easily lets you highlight the areas that auditors need to look at in a document to cut down on time they would have to spend looking through the document.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve with setting up workflows and managing documents but once you have it learned, it is very straight forward.

Jason from Genova Diagnostics

We can't imagine life before PowerDMS

Our company uses PowerDMS for more and more each day. For several years we have used it as a working repository for SOP documents. We are now utilizing it more thoroughly to cut down on paper; consolidate multiple departments' documents into one centralized (easy to access) web-based location; and send documents through complicated approvals processes without the risk of lost forms/paper. PowerDMS's customer service is stellar. Every single time we have a question (small or large; user error or major IT functionality), their customer service team is helpful, timely, and friendly. I can't say enough good things about their service team.

Pros

Easy to use, Intuitive, Simple interface

Cons

Learning curve for first-time users, Limited reporting

Jessica from Normal Police Department

Power DMS Review

We are CALEA Accreditated, and we use Power DMS for Accreditation, also we just purchased the full suite, so we are starting to use it for training purposes.

Pros

I love the ease of uploading and highlighting attachments in Power DMS. I also like the side by side feature that shows you what wording changes were made within a standard and when it was made.

Cons

The highlighting feature, that it is not attached to words, so when a change is made in language, you have to go back and re-highlight some things.

Reasons for Choosing PowerDMS

CALEA forced us to use the program for accreditation, we choose the full suite for training purposes.

Daniel from Lakewood Police Department

It's Great

Overall, my experience has been excellent. Once a policy is entered, all users are notified via email and the link include brings you directly to the login screen.

Pros

We have been using PowerDMS for a few years now and it has been slightly better than perfect. It has allowed us to completely streamline policy distribution and get much closer to being paperless. The ability to track when a user has reviewed a policy is excellent. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a system to deliver and track policies, memos, etc.

Cons

As a user, I have nothing negative to say about the software.

Nathan from Triangle Orthopaedics Surgery Center

Perfect for Healthcare

I would have to say that PowerDMS has been an overall amazing product for our company. The customer service is top notch, and is extremely helpful with any questions you may have about using the product. Training and implementation was very thorough and that's always the hardest part!

Pros

PowerDMS offers a multitude of helpful features to keep us organized for healthcare compliance surveys and accreditation. The ability to download accreditation manuals, as well as the features for auto-reminders have made credentialing a breeze to manage. Staff education is very easily tracked and managed through the ability to create courses/tests/quizzes.

Tony from US Mint Police

Industry: Law Enforcement

PowerDMS - Success Waiting to Happen!

For our agency, we have 6 facilities across the country that operate under one police department managed out of Washington DC. It is critical that all the facility police departments operate under one method of operations and control. PowerDMS assists our agency in maintaining consistent best practices across the various geographical locations and gives us the mechanism to evaluate and substantiate each facility is operating correctly under the written directives and standards of the department. The system provides all the required standards necessary to maintain accreditation at my finger tips. This eliminates having to got to other links or even maintaining volumes of paper documents searching for specific standards. The functionality of PowerDMS is incredibly easy. Uploading and highlighting documents necessary for each standard is extremely simple and efficient. PowerDMS allow you to search for specific documents using word search and tags that you can attach to each document. For instance, if I needed to find documents pertaining to training, it is a simple matter of typing in "Training" in the search bar and all relevant documents are listed. PowerDMS has eliminated or significantly reduced, substantial amounts of administrative supplies, such as, paper, files, storage, and postage. It has significantly reduced the number of personnel hours working to maintain accreditation standards. Overall, PowerDMS has saved the agency a lot of money in supplies and personnel costs; money that can be spent elsewhere!!

Pros

Cons

The highlighting feature would be better served if it had line item by line item or word by word, capability. It currently is some what limited to bulk highlighting. Easier access to training videos so refresher information is more readily available for adding users, setting permissions, etc. Setting permissions is always a daunting task and I usually have to call into customer support for assistance. Giving the user the ability to "backup" the data that is in the system with the ability to restore the data would give the user a little piece of mind of continuity.

Great web-based software to manage policies, documents, forms, and training. Free mobile app.

This software got us better organized, especially in the area of our policy manual. Prior to discovering PowerDMS, we used a printed policy manual for each officer. When policies were updated or added, copies had to be printed for every officer and they were responsible to remove the old policy from their manual and replace it with the new copy. Nobody every knew if they had the most current version. Same with forms as they seem to constantly change and everyone had their own electronic copy of the forms but are they using the current forms. With PowerDMS, there is only one copy of each policy / form, and it is always the most current, and the old forms are archived. PowerDMS is very user friendly and you can search by simply typing a key word. The search not only looks at the title of the document, but also searches the content of that document which is very beneficial.

Pros

PowerDMS is a very powerful program that saves time. It is easy to search for and find exactly what you are looking for. I would recommend this to any law enforcement agency looking to better manage their policy manual, forms, and track their training. We even use PowerDMS to conduct training in certain areas. They system can be set up to annually send out a reminder that training is needed in a particular area, the user can enroll at their own convenience to take the course. The testing can be scored automatically by the software and the training record logged all without an instructor having to lecture or record anything. The officers love it because they don't have to come in on their time off to take a class, and can complete it while they are on-duty, which also saves the agency in paying overtime. PowerDMS solicits input from users to further improve upon the program.

Tyler from ACE Surgical Supply Co., Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

PowerDMS is WAY more efficient than a paper based document control system.

Quicker and way more efficient than the "paper" document control system.

Pros

1. The efficiency. Procedures are getting approved and released quicker than our old (paper document control system). 2. Instead of guessing who's desk the paper ECR is sitting on.. now we can figure out who is slacking and still needs to approve the document by checking out the approval workflow. 3. PowerDMS is very user friendly. 4. When our Sales Reps are traveling they can use the PowerDMS Mobile App to sign off on procedures. 5. The "Review" tab in "Manage Document" comes in handy especially when you have annual procedures that need to be reviewed. 6. Since I am the training coordinator (as well as the Document Control Specialist) I love having the "Reports" option so I can figure out who has completed training/who still needs to complete. 7. In the "Revisions" tab in "Manage Document", I like how you can set a date to have the training (signatures) due by as we have a 30 day policy to complete training.

Cons

1. When a procedure is released, has all the required approvals and training is required.. associates who have to train to the document can't pull up "Compare to Current Publication." It wouldn't make sense to have that button since the new revision is current but it would be nice to have a "Compare to Last Publication" button. This way the associates would be able to see what was added/revised. I have to manually type in the "Discuss" tab what was changed and sometimes that can take a LONG time. 2. The 20 minute timeout that will log you out if you're away from your computer. I understand why this is in place (for security reasons) but I have received lots of negative feedback on this.

Cheryl from Orlando Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

PowerDMS really gets you organized!

The benefits gained through using PowerDMS is the ability to store all training documents in one place... no more digging through files to find requested documents. It is also easy to track who has attended training and who hasn't. PowerDMS is great for policy sign-off and being able to see who has sign-off on their policies and when for in-house and litigation purposes. Our agency also uses this system for accreditation tracking and training purposes. Another benefit is the ability to create our own online training courses for employees to complete at their convenience, freeing up time for hands-on training.

Pros

Ability to track policy sign-offs, training completion, and create reports. I also like being able to upload all of our training documents to each employees' files for ease of finding later. PowerDMS is great for creating training courses, tests & surveys.

Cons

The inability to add additional tabs for personalized purposes (such as a transfer history tab). The inability to assign rights for who can view the files tab, where we store employees' training documents. The inability for users to have a print button to print their own training certificates (options: PDF, Excel, Word and they don't look great). Currently, a supervisor can print his employees' certificate history, but not their own. The inability for supervisors to be able to enroll their employees in training. Employees must enroll themselves, which doesn't go over well with our agency.

September 2016

Lori from (Large Retailer)

Game Changer

Using the PowerDMS system has made communication about policy changes so much more efficient. Now, instead of passing information through layers of management, we can connect directly with our employees. It also has allowed us to distribute documents that are unique to certain groups of employees - all with no paper filing to personnel files! This system has been very well received in our company. It gives managers and employees the ability to keep up to date & find information easily.

Pros

The user interface is simple and easy to understand; the system allows for multi-state document management (state specific policies/notices can be distributed easily); a paperless solution means no filing; it allows for easy collaboration on policy changes; and the ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC customer support!!

Cons

I wish there were clearer distinctions for document security between front line managers/admin users and policy developers. In order to run reports on whether an employee has signed a currently published version of a policy, your security also allows you the ability to see current draft versions.

September from Local Government

Industry: Law Enforcement

We've been a customer for 7 years and have the entire suite. This has been the best purchase for us.

PowerDMS is the ultimate document management system. It holds your policies (to include modifications and revisions), training records, surveys, courses, and tests. The software is user-friendly and allows myself and coworkers to manage our department's records on a daily basis.

Pros

The software is user-friendly and it's easy to manage. Our most favorite feature isn't necessarily the software, it's the customer service. If I or a coworker has questions our questions are answered promptly with a professional and polite response. We are never "rushed" along and do not feel like a number. I will also tell you in my experience that the development team actually listens and implements your department's ideas. PowerDMS is constantly improving the software features to accommodate the customer's needs and in today's world, this level of service is rare. We look forward to working with PowerDMS for many years to come.

Cons

The training module works great but we would like to see more development in this area. We would eventually like to move from the current system we are using and make PowerDMS our primary management system for training records.

Marie from Mundelein Police Department

Simplified and improved document distribution and approval, being used for training also.

Elimination of paper in the distribution and acknowledment of policies and training documents. Shortened time required for processes and tracks all responses in an accessible database capable of producing various reports: by policy, user, group, etc.

Pros

Records kept of all acknowledgements, policies archived, various reports available by user, group, etc. Eliminated need for duplicate manuals. The ability to access policies and work on accreditation when out of the office is a huge help in accomplishing various tasks such as loading policies and proofs. The same applies to training documents - the signature pages are great proofs for compliance with CALEA standards. I helped select set up this product in my prior position with the Schaumburg Police Department.

Cons

Some features take a longer learning curve (course creation) and the instructions often omit necessary steps required to commplete a process. Seems like the system was built from the bottom up - for example, when paging through "Tasks" in the Accreditation Module you have to move from page to page then scroll up from the bottom to stay in sequence.

Thomas from St. Charles County Police Department

PowerDMS Review

PowerDMS has allowed us to quickly disseminate new or updated polices to our employees. No longer do we have to hand carry paper documents to individuals and obtain written receipts for them. We also have the ability to test on subject matter of individual polices thus ensuring the document is understood.

Pros

We use PowerDMS to provide the necessary documentation for our CALEA accreditation which has eliminated the need for almost 500 paper files. The product is extremely easy to use, once you have a few basics down, and has a strong search function. PowerDMS also had an Android and Apple mobile app which allows users to access the product from their mobile devices.

Cons

While not really a drawback, I would like to see the search function to be more Google like utilizing functions like quotes around keywords to force an exact match. This would reduce the number of false positives and speed up searches. It would also be helpful to see increased functionally in highlighting. The implementation of layers in highlighting and the ability to highlight from a particular point in a sentence would be great improvements.

September 2016

Scott from Freetown Police Department, MA.

Streamling and Enhancing Your Filing System

Power DMS was initially purchased to manage our police deparment's rules and regulations, policies and procedures, standing orders, etc. However, our department has expanded our data base to help staff in the field to perform their job with greater easy. Maps and floor plans of local businesses were uploaded to the system for officers to have immediate review. Street listings, training documents, regional broadcasts, and other documents are easily assessable with the Power DMS system. As the training supervisor and accreditation manager, lesson plans and training records are uploaded as well as equipment inspections and maintenance logs. These documents are so valuable for the accreditation process. Power DMS has become a neccessary need for this accreditation manager.

Pros

The product is easy to access, user friendly, and flexible.

Cons

I have experienced the system working very slow in the late evening hours. I assume that Power DMS is working or changing the software system to account for the lag. Overall, the software system does work efficiently most of the time.

Kevin from Novi Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

PowerDMS is a Document Managers best friend!

The Novi Police Department began using PowerDMS in July of 2014 to help us through our accreditation process with CALEA. Since that time, we have experienced several benefits from the system, including having all of our agency policies, forms and documents in an electronic format for all agency employees. The reporting tool in PowerDMS allows us to hold our employees accountable for the policies that they acknowledge. We have also incorporated PowerDMS into our training program, tracking all of our agency training and being able to run reports of the amount and type of training each officer has attended. This helps cut down on civil liability claims of deliberate indifference as we can prove there has been no failure to train in our organization. We also create courses in PowerDMS to move some mandatory training which does not need to be instructor led into a blended learning environment, thus saving valuable training time for more practical exercises.

Pros

Very user friendly and allows us to make a lot of our document management paper-free!

Cons

Nothing

Luana from Leander Police Department

September 2016

Couldn't do my job without PowerDMS

I am the only person managing CALEA accreditation, training and policy release. Without the tools and functionality of PowerDMS there is no way I could do my job without assistance. We even use the tests for new employees and some of our job promotions. The archive features have allowed me to assist internal affairs with documentation of when a particular version of policy was signed off by the employee. Alerts are also critical to keep the employees aware of when items are needing there attention. The report function is easy to use and makes communicating with supervisors on items their employees may not have completed by the deadline. I have used the program for years and have seen wonderful progress as the program features advance and grow. Again, I can't emphasis enough that I could not do my job without more people if I did not have PowerDMS!

Pros

Multiple functions covering all the aspects and components needed to manage accreditation.

Cons

Doesn't have a rolling due date window for when new employees start. They start have over 100 overdue documents.

Cody from Cibola General Hospital

PowerDMS has streamlined our entire policy and procedure process.

The single biggest benefit is that all of our policies are in a centralized location. No more paper binders, and no more having to track down every old copy when a revision needs to be made.

Pros

All of the program features are very easy to use. The best thing I can say about DMS is that it works exactly the way you would expect it to. The features are all very straightforward. Honestly, most experienced computer users don't require any specialized training in DMS. Even our directors who are less tech savvy catch on with DMS fairly quickly.

Cons

The only complaint I have heard routinely from my directors is that the file size limits can make it difficult to utilize DMS for training since videos, and even some PowerPoint presentations are too large to upload. They can be hosted in a different location and linked to the trainings in DMS, but this adds complications. The more complicated a training is, the less likely our employees are to complete it.

Stephanie from McHenry PD

Makes Life Easier

This software makes my job easier. I am able to track things like certifications that are required by law. I am able to make sure we get the training we need and are required to have. Then I am able to prove these things when it comes assessment time.

Pros

It is super user friendly. and if you do not understand or are having difficulties you can check out a webinar or reach out to the super responsive and friendly customer service people. It is great that just because a section of the software is titled for one use this does not mean you cant adjust it to make it work for you in another way. They are constantly listening to what the needs of the variety of customers are and are evolving daily to meet those needs as best they can.

Cons

The least part that I like is the limited mobile use. But again, this is something that is being worked on and new features are coming out on the app on a regular basis. I just want it all NOW :)

Kristen from Joplin PD

Industry: Law Enforcement

PowerDMS streamlines processes, reduces paperwork and stress in project management.

Simple and straightforward project management. We're always thinking of new ways to use and apply PowerDMS in our organization.

Pros

The features in PowerDMS are well-planned. There is very little extraneous features, and the features that are provided are to a purpose and specific functionality. Learning about those features is incredibly simple, thanks to an excellent on-line support/help system with videos and step-by-step instructions, complemented by agent assistance just a click away with their very handy chat function. I really cannot rave enough about their customer service.

Cons

The hardest thing I've encountered with PowerDMS is convincing colleagues to let go of their death grasp on various paper documents and files and shift to this program to manage project/document creation, review and implementation from beginning to end. With PowerDMS we have an extraordinary tool, but we're too attached to doing things the way we've always done them to fully embrace the ease and convenience PowerDMS brings to the table.

BK from Charleston County Sheriff's Office

Industry: Law Enforcement

The platform is easily navigable and customer support is fantastic!

managing our assessment files, documents and training

Pros

The usability and navigability of the platform, if I discover something that could make it more user friendly or better serve our needs, the PowerDMS team investigates and considers the suggestion. PowerDMS help team is fantastic also. PowerDMS staff makes themselves available, who are quick to respond and assist with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. PowerDMS from my perspective seems to strive for a valuable relationship with its subscribers.

Cons

I'm inclined to say more of an issue with our server or firewall rather than PowerDMS, but occasional frustrations with slow response or stalled pages. When PowerDMS was with us on training, they linked into their mobile wi-fi "hotspot" and had no issues.

Kathy from NC State University Student Health Services

Best decision our organization has ever made!

We looked for vendors with a reputation for providing great customer support. Then, we asked to use the software for a trial period or for a demonstration. PowerDMS offers an accreditation component which allows you to crosswalk our policies with AAAHC standards. This made our accreditation survey this past year go extremely smoothly. This solution allows us to have all our policies in one location. It also automatically archives our revisions, captures electronic signatures, can be used for training by creating courses and is easy to use. We are currently creating credential files in PowerDMS.

Pros

It's easy to use and makes my job easier.

Cons

You have to download a policy and save it outside of the PowerDMS environment if you need to send it electronically to someone. Since PowerDMS offers the email option or new message option, it should allow you to attach a document in that message.

Steven from Whatcom County Sheriff's Office

September 2016

The best system I have ever used.

I would describe myself as an advanced software application user administrator. I am the user administrator for several systems for my agency and have been a decision-maker in purchasing such systems. I am also a very discerning and critical user myself. PowerDMS is hands-down the best computer system of ANY kind I have ever used. Its user interface is simple and elegant, its design and functionality are logical, and the user support (videos, step-by-step instructions, phone support) sets the standard by which all others pale in comparison. We continue to find new ways to take advantage of the system's flexibility. Does it do everything I want it to do? Of course not. But this is perhaps my favorite thing about the company. They are constantly working to improve the product and actively include their users in the process. I live in constant fear that the other shoe will someday drop. I do not give this five stars in all categories lightly. Fantastic!

Stephanie from McHenry Police Department

Customer Service is NOT Dead

Accountability, ease of training, records of training, certification tracking, overall notifications that are then signed for and now that person who received the notification is accountable.

Pros

They listen to their customers and are always improving the product and what it can do to help us in our daily work tasks. The employees strive for excellence. They take pride in their work and the product that is turned out shows.

Cons

The only thing I can come up with is if there is a current "bug" in the software it may be helpful to put the message out that they are aware and working on it. If the customer thinks it is on their end time may be wasted. But the "bugs" that do come up are usually very minor and do not inhibit the work that needs to be done.

Lori from Oriana House

LOVE POWERDMS

PowerDMS has been a great tool for our agency. It is helped us organize our policies and streamline our audit process. It has been an essential green initiative in our agency to go paperless. We have yet to fully explore all PowerDMS can offer our agency so I am sure that there is a lot more for us to experience once we divulge.

Pros

The customer service is great and the audit tool (assessments) have helped simplify my job. Less paper, easier, for our auditor and for locating information and policy updates.

Cons

Some of the functions do not work as efficiently as they could with our agency intentions. I would love to see more roles in Assessments options or the option to assign to a specific user and not a group.

Julie from MCSO

Incredibly powerful tool

We never have to wonder if our people are up to date or know where to find information. This has made that an easy and very automated function compared to old fashioned paper and folder methods. I cannot begin to describe how invaluable that is to us.

Pros

The automation of a lot of processes that we manually managed prior to this has made our workload much easier. A single source repository for data tracking is immeasurably valuable!

Cons

Honestly, the only "con" in my opinion is that sometimes the software times out when I am actually doing a task like reviewing a document. It doesn't seem to sense when you are scrolling down the document. That can get frustrating, but the flip side of that is I very much understand the security aspect of why that is done.

Tish from OPD

I have been using PowerDMS for almost three years. It is a super efficient and intuitive system.

Pros

Document management, accreditation, and training are a breeze with PowerDMS. We use all three modules, document management, accreditation, and training to help keep our agency performing to best practices and standards. The keyword search/find anything function in PowerDMS is amazing, I can find any topic in policy, forms, or standards in a matter of seconds. The mobile app keeps our employees informed while on the go!

Cons

I really do not have any Cons to report. One of the greatest features about PowerDMS as a company; when we have suggestions for improvement, they actually listen and provide solutions and enhancements to the system to make it more functional.

Great way to easily share documents

Great way to share documents with employees who are out in the field and to reduce hard copies.

Pros

We use Power DMS to push documents out to employees in our police department. As the majority of those are patrol officers who do not have an office or a desktop computer, but rather work out of their patrol cars and mobile computers, it can be challenging to ensure they receive required documents. This software allows us to push it out to their mobile computers and we can verify that they've received it by requiring their acknowledgement.

Cons

We really haven't had any problems with this software and would not hesitate to recommend it. We've successfully used for a long time.

Mark from Horry County Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

This program is an excellent resource for our training division.

This product provides us with a training and document retention program that expands the ease of providing training and accessing the documentation of training and standards.

Pros

Document! Document! Document! This software allows us to have the documentation we need to retain for legal standards. It will show what we taught, when we taught it and allow us to show the employees were tested on their knowledge of the topic.

Cons

I would love to be able to incorporate more video based training sessions, but due to their large size cannot place directly onto PowerDMS. Our IT people are very hesitant to place large videos inside the firewall, so we do not fully utilize this portion of the training side.

Jose from Augusta 911 Emergency Communications Center

Industry: Public Safety

Transformative

Everything is one place and it's digital and everyone with my department can come and log in and get all of the information in one place.

Pros

All policies, procedures, guidelines, training, certificates, forms, memorandums and open records requests are all in one place. Major reduction in paper and ink usage. Can hold employees accountable. Extremely easy to update documents and notify other employees of changes. Workflow feature makes it so much easier to get feedback from everyone involved.

Cons

That is can't upload documents and information by osmosis. I've been using the software for a while now and I really can't think of a single thing which I don't like about it.

Quessie from City of Atlanta Department of Corrections

Striving for Excellence!

Purchasing PowerDMS has been one of the best purchases our agency has ever invested in. The accountability of staff via this software is amazing and the money saved for purchasing paper is used on purchasing other needed items for our agency. It's great to be able to distribute information to staff within seconds of publication. Staff is able to access PowerDMS from wireless devices away from work.

Pros

I love being able to access away from work and how user friendly the software is for any user.

Cons

PowerDMS has truly enhanced my job performance so there are no cons for me.

PowerDMS provides the agency with a multi-faceted tool to track policies, procedures, and training.

The greatest benefit to PowerDMS for the agency is associated with the accreditation process. The ability to track policies and procedures while creating electronic assessments saves the agency time and money.

Pros

PowerDMS is an easy tool to learn. The more that you use the program the better it is. We are now able to successfully track policies, procedures and training in one program which includes the ability to track changes and verify signatures.

Cons

The timeout aspect for Administrators can be problematic however; this is a minor issue. The second minor issue is that although the training videos provide a lot of information, they can sometimes move too fast.

Marisha from OrthoIllinois Surgery Center

PowerDMS makes my life so much easier.

This software is beneficial to our company by stream-lining our policy process. The turn-around time from when a policy is written, goes through an approval process, and is sent to staff to review can be as little as one day.

Pros

The software is great at keeping all of our policies, newsletters, and training organized. It's structured, but there's freedom to really customize it in a way that makes sense to each individual company. It's easy to run reports to see if everyone has signed off on a policy or test. It allows us to prepare for future accreditation surveys well in advance.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. It takes some time to fully understand how everything fits together. To help with this though, a consultant comes along side you until they feel you understand it enough to be on your own. They also have a lot of resources (webinars, reading material, videos, a chat feature that you can talk with a representative, and more) to help with any questions or problems that may arise.

Ryan from Omaha (NE) Police Department

Excellent Document Management Software

I have been a master administrator in PowerDMS for several years. I was at my agency prior to PowerDMS implementation, and I can tell you with firsthand knowledge that PowerDMS simplifies our management of policies, forms, training and training records, and our law enforcement accreditation program. PowerDMS also provides a handy app that makes it easy to look up policies on the go, or to see if there are any items in your inbox that need attention. I work in PowerDMS every day and I love it.

Pros

Ease of use, multiple platforms (desktop and app), terrific documentation for training records and accreditation management.

Cons

The app has limited usability.

Tanya from Conyers Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

PowerDMS has some of the best customer service I have ever experienced.

This product makes my job easier and makes me more efficient at getting necessary information out.

Pros

This software make distributing documents and securing signatures from recipients flawless. It cuts down on printing but provides a detailed and accurate paper trail for my job. Additionally with the constant upgrades, the company is improving the product based on user requests. If you ask for a feature, they explore the options and typically include recommendations in their upgrades/updates. They listen to their customers and work with them to provide exactly what is needed.

Rachel from Orange County Sheriff's Office, FL

PowerDMS from Law Enforcement Perspective

Everything that comes out of PowerDMS is very professional. Their newsletters are easy to understand and maneuver. Everyone at the company is helpful and stands ready to help with any problem you may be having. The company is very open to any new features you would like to discuss and assist in developing. The suite makes it very easy to work on, distribute, and sign off on policies. One of the features include a comparison between policies in effect and all changes in the policy so you don't have to read the entire policy. The Accreditation module is easy to use and makes for a very easy upload straight from your policy module. Highlighting and attaching is simple. PowerDMS works with many accreditation bodies to assist in ease of use.

Buck from Andover Police Department

We have used PowerDMS for more than eight years now and would not have it any other way.

Pros

Extremely ease of use. Our department started with CALEA using PowerDMS instead of the old Case system and from the horror stories I've heard about Case and sending files off-site I could not imagine how hard the accreditation was for other agencies.

Cons

What I like least about PowerDMS is when you upload a new file they system takes you back to the document instead of back to the "Manage Document" tab. After I upload a document I still need to put in a signature due date or may have to assign to other groups. It would be nice to stay in this tab after the upload.

James from Little Falls Police Dept.

Industry: Law Enforcement

PowerDMS makes document management much easier.

We've entered the 21st century with PowerDMS. Policy development, tracking general/ special orders and some training on the system is incredible. PowerDMS puts accountability in all of our employee's own hands.

Pros

Ease of use, tracking polices, managing revisions. I'm a novice and I can still get it done without much tech support. After never having a system like PowerDMS, I don't see how we operated. Accountability is the key to most all LE's success and failures. PowerDMS assures that everyone is on the same page.

Cons

The software can get a little complex with uploading video's. It would be a little more user friendly if there were more options. Having to convert files when you don't have the software is a pain A built in MP4 converter would make life easier.

Megan from GPD

PowerDMS provides the tools to streamline processes and eliminate unnecessary bulk load of paper.

Pros

Coming from an environment that was inundated with paper files and policies, the software has made the effort to go paperless a more tangible pursuit. It has allowed us to provide an electronic policy and accreditation files.

Cons

The training module is still a work in progress. The ability to conduct training through PowerDMS is a cost and time saving, however, the training request is not a living document. It is hard to ensure that the request is accurate when there are so many external variables that may need to change and the ability to update is not available.

Denise from Corpus Christi Police Department

LOVE my PowerDMS!

I became my agency's Accreditation Manager in January of 2016. All of my PowerDMS knowledge was self-taught. As I have learned the program, and had training on DMS along with MANY calls to the support team, I do not know how I could do my job without PowerDMS! Initially we used DMS to post documents, training bulletins and surveys, basically to memorialize our employee's acknowledgment of those documents. I have now uploaded all of our policies and department manuals and am using it as a policy management tool. When policy is revised I can archive the policy and upload the revision which gives me the ability to look at revisions made in the past. As a CALEA Accredited agency I can link policy to my assessment and revisions remain linked instead of me needing to go back into my assessment and upload the revision. I have created employee groups of each division in my department so Supervisors can post documents to their respective divisions and I am able to run reports to advise those supervisors when all employees have signed. I have the ability to post training videos and website links to our officers with ease. The more I learn, the more I love this program! I am trying to get the training module for our Police and Dispatch Academies. The support team is ALWAYS helpful and never laughs at 'duh' type questions, and I have had A LOT of those! Oh, did I mention I have been able to clear out two filing cabinets and a bookshelf in my office?! This program makes it easy to go paperless thus killing less trees in the process. In all seriousness, I HIGHLY recommend this program to any business that has document management needs, especially Law Enforcement agencies. It is an excellent tool! Denise R. Pace Accreditation Manager Corpus Christi Police Department denisep@cctexas.com (361)826-2977

Babette from Bellevue Fire Department

PowerDMS is a great platform for document management and has streamlined our processes.

Greater staff accountability, less process, and one place to go for all of our procedural documents.

Pros

The customer support staff at PowerDMS is invested in providing the user with the best experience possible and it shows with each and every phone call and/or chat session! The ease of document edits using tools (Microsoft products) our staff are already familiar with provided a smooth transition. Document assignments and signature authentication, along with tests on the information provided, eliminates confusion as to whether or not the user read and understood the material provided. The help community provides great resources and solves the stickiest problems.

Cons

Workflows! But who doesn't. They are challenging in any software application environment. The dashboard tabs drive me crazy, you don't see everything you need to do at one glance.

Robin from Greene County Sheriff's Office

Getting the word out.

We have approximately 150 employees. We have found Power DMS to be the perfect program for all our document needs. We send out all intelligence bulletins, training bulletins, personnel orders, general orders etc., via Power DMS. We have electronic signatures to ensure all employees have read each and every document. We also use Power DMS for CALEA standards. You will find you can save a lot of money as well as time in not making and sending out hard copies to all your employees.

Pros

Instantly getting information out to all employees and having an electronic signature to verify information was received

Cons

I can not think of any at this time.

Frank from Joliet Police Department

PowerDMS is a great program for approving and disseminating policy through out your agency.

That are members are able to easily access our policy from their laptops and smart phones.

Pros

The ease of use for the Administrators down to the end users. The administrators can easily upload, make changes and put a document through quickly and effectively. End users are able to easily get to the published documents anywhere they have access to the internet. Having the information so readily available to our members is vital.

Cons

The PowerDMS Module for Standards has some minor flaws however they are constantly making improvements to the Standards Module.

Kathy from Cobb County 911

Fantabulous product

Pros

It is fairly easy to set up users (I always make sure to enter hire dates - this feature has been very useful when going back to find employees no longer working for us). Also, I love being able to set a user with a termination date of use, so I don't have to remember to go back in to "deactivate" the user. The ease of uploading documents could not be more simple.

Cons

The only thing I seem to have a problem with is the highlighting feature. Highlighting phrases within a document can be a little difficult , but can be done.

Tish from Omaha Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

PowerDMS has made our accreditation and document management work much easier.

simpler document management, efficient accreditation management, training record management

Pros

The system is very intuitive and flexible. I love how easy it is to manage our Policies and the review requirements set for each policy, based upon our accreditation requirements, ensure that we never miss a review.

Cons

I really do not have any Cons to report. The system works very well for our organization. PowerDMS does a great job of adding enhancements to the software on a regular basis and has been very open to input and suggestions for change from users.

I'm a new user, and the customer support is the best of the best

Ease of managing our standard operating procedures in one database, accessible to all.

Pros

I like the compartmentalization of components that you can link together to create your own program within a program

Cons

The lack of immediate help access attached to each component. I appreciate the support offered - which is highly detailed, but accessible help modules at least with a mini-explanation of the specific function would be great. For example. Setting a status date - a mini help file could be attached to the word "status" with an explanation and/or tip