All WildApricot Reviews

Repeat Customer

Julie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2019

Great software at a great price

Knowing that membership renewals and invoices and event reminders are automated means I can focus on what matters most, member engagement and retention.

PROS

I'm a part time Executive Director of a membership organization. Before Wild Apricot a lot of my time was spent on billing and administration and event registration. Wild Apricot does all of that for me, so all I have to do is address specific questions or issues.

CONS

The email functionality is not great. That is literally my ONLY complaint about the software.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

An Out of the Box Solution for Membership Management

Other than the issues described above with the payment gateway, we have been extremely pleased with our Wild Apricot experience.

PROS

Wild Apricot is a single source for nearly everything needed to manage a membership organization. It has revolutionized our database, taking it into the cloud, it has streamlined our renewal process, given us greater visibility into our email marketing, and overall allowed us to function more efficiently as an organization. Since its deployment, we've been able to replace the work of up to 2 FTE because of how Wild Apricot has allowed us to streamline our operations.

CONS

Their payment gateway, Wild Apricot Payments, does have some unique challenges that we are working through. It has errored out a number of times and there was no intuitive alert to let us know we were missing out on authorized donations. Their customer support team has been slower than we'd like to respond to these issues and have yet to provide a clear reason for them and any timeline for resolution.

Reason for choosing WildApricot

Overall, it provided the best set of tools for the price as well as providing a quality out of the box solution.

Reasons for switching to WildApricot

Goldmine was server based and their cloud-based option was cost prohibitive when we considered switching to that solution.

Caryn

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Company cash cow not in tune with the needs of users in 2023

Extremely dissatisfying in every respect, the product, the customer service, th e lack of transparency, the company principals and developers are bunkered in where nobody from the public can have direct access to a human. The price increases in the past several years that there have been no innovations on this platform that the customers have been asking form judging by the forum, since 2014, several [sensitive content hidden] ago. Evidently this platform is something that keeps switching hands as every new [sensitive content hidden] tries to milk this cash cow.

PROS

I don't like anything about it compared to other platforms, I inherited it

CONS

Complete lack of response to customer needs, the program is inflexible, archaic, no improvements have been made in years and no attention is paid to the user forum where customers have been requesting basic functionality that was available on other platforms in the 1990s. Their support materials - check them out - now all start with an article telling you what the platform CAN'T do. In these, you'll find lists of all the functions that normal platforms a fraction of the cost of this one have been doing routinely since the internet was invented, like, oh...being able to proof the copy of a blog before it goes live, or schedule an event on a calendar to blast out at a specific date and time - a feature that is available on another part of their platform but not in the event module - I could go on for a long time. Customer service is useless, all they do when you finally get them on a chat is send links to articles that describe how customers needing more flexibility can add custom css. Isn't that the developers' job? Or they refer you to their 'partners.' My organization interviewed 4 of their partners. None of them had knowledge of css, or any more access to the staff at Wild Apticot than the general public. Their disregard for the needs of their users is shocking.

Bobbi

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Wild Apricot - robust non-profit management tool

Customer Service, online support and chat are all very helpful and easy to use. Telephonic customer service hours aren't too long but the service is good. There are also great video tools for implementation and getting started.

PROS

Software has lots of features that we were not getting from our previous event management software. In addition, we get a member directory and membership management all in one program.

CONS

The learning curve for using it is somewhat steep, but once that is conquered you can see the true value of the software

Price.

Reasons for switching to WildApricot

Constant Contact was not maintaining or upgrading their event management system and we saw the opportunity to combine our systems into one.

Jack

Defense & Space, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Wild Apricot, is it good for membership website builder?

Overall, the Membership Database is good, Event emails can be automated to send to registrants and managing the membership is good but there are some serious lacking features that need to be addressed by WA otherwise customers are not going to be satisfied by the $1670 (AUD) just on the system that can feel very broken. If WA could either do a large update on the Builder and start working on integration for Xero and other large Accounting packages so that it provides a simple integration instead of just having the one.

PROS

I absolutely loved setting up this software, I found it very challenging but I do enjoy a challenge. I migrated out of Associations Online (AO) to WildApricot (WA). I found that using the CSV export of the membership out of AO really easy and the upload in WA simple as well. The events system is fantastic for Zoom and events that need to have someone at the door checking people in. The admin app for WA is awesome when I'm on the go and just want to see who has checked into an event or who has registered for an event.

CONS

The biggest, and I mean this is a deal-breaker, the site builder is seriously broken and needs a massive update. I have checked about 30 other sites that use WildAprioct and they all look the same. Very Narrow, broken up into blocks of either 1/2/3. There is a basic function of having a button added but the customization of said button is the link and text. Not the colour or the size. The blogging functionality for the site is very basic which is fine but it would be nice if I could categorize it and allow for displaying the post on other pages so that it isn't locked to the single blog page. WA integrates with WordPress so I wanted to build a better-looking frontend for my site but the downside is the integration is not in full. You can have the login and some profile migrated over but things like Events, Profile Updates and even administration of membership can only be done in WA. So any changes in the profile can not be done in WordPress as it is only a one-way sync. The plugin for Wordpress is only a SSO for WildApricot. Finally, the Support/Feature request, WA is probably one of the slower ones for it. It may take years for anything to happen. They update often around the 4th of each month but its never anything that is really useful for the Admin or User. Its usually bugs in the system which is awesome, but I would really like to see some more functionality with the system like the website builder and other integration into online Accounting Packages.

Brian

Sports, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2019

A Sinking Ship

I have been a long time client of WA (7 years), but we are unlikely to renew. 3 years they ago they had a 40% price increase, but they allowed you to renew for up to 2 years at the previous rate. That increase was somewhat understandable because they had not raised fees for the previous 4 years we were clients. 2 years later they had another 40% increase but did not offer the same renewal. Neither increase coincided with major functional additions other than normal enhancements to existing functions. Today they announced a new 20% penalty if you don't switch to their payment processing system (US/Canada only). We have no intention to switch from PayPal so this was the last straw. We will be looking for an alternate option. They were acquired by a larger company and subsequently and equity firm. These increases are obviously cash grabs from current clients without considering the impact to the organizations. My suspicion is the company has a major cash flow issue and this is a way to get money now. I would be very leary of the stability of the company as they will lose many clients over this. This is really unfortunate because their tool is excellent!

PROS

WA has a great feature set that includes a lot of the functionality we need to completely manage our membership, communication, and payment collection. I especially like that we can have bundle memberships and can create saved searches for email distribution or member management.

CONS

There are occasionally issues with some of the search fields that can only be resolved by logging off and back in. I would like to have group texting capabilities.

Candi

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2018

Wild Apricot is an easy-to-manage membership management software.

membership management

PROS

Setting up event registration is a breeze. Annual membership dues invoicing is also easily handled by this software.

CONS

You have to archive inacive members or they will continue to receive the registration notifications.

Thank you for your review, Candi. We're thrilled Wild Apricot can help with running your organization!

Replied January 2018

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Best platform for membership sites

We use Wild Apricot on several of our membership-based organizations. Very helpful with membership management, event billing, and event management.

PROS

Ease of recurring payments Easy membership management Great for event planning and management

CONS

Customer service can be difficult to deal with Wish software had more customization features

Kevin

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Great option for Event Registration Management

PROS

I had a charity 5K that I volunteered to help manage and intended on tracking all of the signups manually. I really wasn't looking forward to it. One of my friends recommended Wild Apricot as an option so I checked it out with their free trial. It was tremendously simple to use and juggle all of the event information in one place. There were still a few manual offline items to keep track of, but Wild Apricot was so much better! The ability to check in folks from my Galaxy phone was a Godsend, too.

CONS

I was lucky enough to take care of everything I needed within their free trial period, but I'd be happy to pay for their software if I ever had use of it again. I wish there were free options for non-profits, but that only applies for smaller users. Great software overall, though.

Aleksandra

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Overall satisfied

PROS

Great for membership management. Simple and easy to use. Great for email communication and scheduling with members. I like the events feature.

CONS

Customer support needs help. Still learning the software so will report later if more comes up.

Nachi

Reviewed July 2018

A treat in the world of memberships

PROS

The website walks you through the types of documents you need for the membership, so they not only provide a home but also the documents to lay out your home. It is something I havent seen elsewhere. They want to make sure that you are doing what you need to do in order to serve to the best of your ability and I really appreciate that.

CONS

With all that the website does for the users (paid and non-paid), it makes sense that the website can look a little clunky. Things are fairly organized but feel a bit clunky.

Nena

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2021

ECF..."Florida's Electrical Industry Leader"

Wild Apricot is the best thing that works for our association. We have used the platform for multiple associations in the past and from day one to now, it is the best solution out there for our organization at a price that includes great 'self-help' information and multiple choices when support from WA is needed.

PROS

Wild Apricot offers ECF an opportunity to create, modify and update our online software when needed, allowing our in-house staff to make necessary adjustments without having to spend association funds to hire programmers to complete the tasks.

CONS

There is one item on our "Wish" list that we hope to see in the future. It would be nice to upgrade to a newer version of Excel or Word when exporting information. It's a small thing, but when you are trying to handle multiple lists for conversion to reports, etc., the first move is to save and rename the document based on the compatibility function. On a busy day, it's an added step that's time lost. A 2nd wish would be for a bit more friendly e-mail design module. It works but can be challenging.

Reason for choosing WildApricot

Our original programmer relocated and moved to California. We shopped the marketplace, checked out the opportunities and decided that with the help of our website programmer, we could set up the site and take over the day-to-day operation of the site and learn how to use WA long term properly. We are very happy with our decision and the many benefits WA offers us.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Complete, Logical, Reliable, and Quick

Wild Apricot is one of four web-based systems we use, the others being Quickbooks for accounting, Brivo for physical access control of gates and doors, and Online Exam Builder. Each fulfills a specific role, with very little overlap, but without Wild Apricot at the center life would be much more complicated.

PROS

With the baseline requirement for membership management completely fulfilled by Wild Apricot, we have found considerable value in the events management features to manage training courses, and the mass emailing features for communications. Of course, solid invoicing and payment processing are also very important. Overall, the user and administrative experience with Wild Apricot is satisfying and very productive. We built or re-engineered our business processes around the capabilities in Wild Apricot, to a significant degree.

CONS

It takes quite a while to get what look like simple enhancements made to the search and select features within "saved searches". We don't seem to be getting attention, and the enhancements we've requested have been in the queue for over a year. The result of having to wait is that our saved searches are needlessly complex and hard to maintain.

Reasons for switching to WildApricot

Our growth was exceeding the capability of the older system.

Lisa

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Wild Apricot has everything a non-profit needs

PROS

I was the Secretary for my Chapters well known organization. The Secretarial duties are vast and important to the life of the organization. Wild Apricot appears to have everything a non-profit organization needs. It allows me to do all of the required things necessary. The membership database allows for custom as well as preset categories with specified access. I can keep track of membership categories, addresses, dues due, and Quick books is a part of the application. Reports can be easily generated using the information entered into the database. My favorites are the communication sections. I can announce events that all members can quickly view, be registered for or wait listed. Reminders can also be sent to all members or those specified. Payments can be taken and recorded, invoices and receipts sent. The confirmation emails are customized and can be personalized. Documents that need to be shared can also be done. I find that Wild Apricot can complete all necessary duties assigned to an organization. While all officers can have premium access to all documents, reports and finances 24/7, it also allows for all shades of transparency to members while keeping confidential information secure. I haven't run across any application as thorough as Wild Apricot. I've only used the application a few days as they allow a 30 day trial to try it out and show off their goods to potential users.

CONS

My only concern is that the way in which things are laid out aren't as intuitive as I would have liked. I would rather have an illustrated manual on the dashboard for when a new user signs in. There is a quick 4 minute video guide that I may find usable later on the opening page. But its definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Reviewed August 2017

We looked for a simple Cloud application to decentralize administration tasks and found it.

Database that is accessible for any of the administrators of the club. Members can self manage accounts. Automatic upgrades and easy to manage Web content. Automatic billing through predefined time periods etc. Ease of use. We were up and running in a few weeks. Data import was easy as well.

PROS

The primary driver was to find something that was intuitive to use. Our staff are all part time volunteers and needed to be able to use the software with minimal instructions from their homes. Wild Apricot provided this by making the import of data simple as well as creating a new Web site that had same look and feel of existing site. Also migrating the DNS was easy. There are plenty of tutorial and FAQ pages to guide you along. Once you under stand the basic concept everything else becomes easy. Best part is being able to grant limited admin access to certain pages for updates and changes. Also by letting users update their own information we saved a lot of time updating Membership data. Creating Events proved very popular as well with Members now being to sign up on line and also remit payments. Integration with PayPal was easy as well. The application packs enough features to make it much easier to manage the Swim Club without making it too complicated to use. Everything beforehand was Excel driven and therefore never synchronized or up to date. I also like the mobile app a lot. Easy to take a look if new members signed up, paid or if member are delinquent without going online.

CONS

We have encountered some minor issues we wished were a little different but nothing to deter from the overall functionality. I think that would be the case with any software packages. So no major cons to report. We like the software. It is easy to use and has powerful reporting etc capabilities.

Reviewed February 2018

Flexible software but needs some tweaking

PROS

I manage the memberships for a club that has over 15 teams and 240 members, so it is not the easiest thing to manage. I went through a few different programs and Wild Apricot seems to be the best fit for the numerous needs the Club has! It is easy to track payments - overpaid balances and balance due, I can enter manual payments, add extra line items to keep track of fundraising credits, and easily email families or certain individuals from the software. There are workarounds for some of the limitations that the software has, which has been helpful.

CONS

There are a few issues that I have with this software: 1) it does not allow group invoicing so if I need to add an invoice to all members on one team, I have to go into each account and manually create; 2) it is not intuitive when it comes to families with 2 or more players, as it does not allow two different memberships to be linked to one account - I end up having to create a unique account for those families; 3) it does not allow partial payments. As with most membership sites, I have found the website portion to be somewhat clunky and limited, so I have the actual website on a different platform, which is unfortunate.

Susan

Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Bringing our rowing club into the 21st century!

I was asked to "freshen up" the appearance of our club's static HTML website. I conducted user interviews, during which a lengthy list of wished-for functionality emerged, way beyond the site's appearance. The Board and our members wanted an online implementation for the following: up-to-date member directory; a wide range of membership "types" (scullers, sweep rowers, coxes, paddlers, kayakers, dragon boaters...); automated processing of membership applications and renewals; credit card payments; event scheduling; calendaring; email blasts; donations; and on and on. My research into available options within our limited budget yielded one clear winner: WildApricot. The Board agreed, I ported (and freshened up) the existing website content, and implemented all those requested features. The process was easy and straightforward. The WildApricot online help system is terrific, and the technical assistance is always timely and spot on. We have been using WildApricot for about five years now, and it continues to serve us very well.

PROS

Rich funtionality; ease of implementation; terrific customer support

CONS

Complexity of handling our multiple member "types" (but at least we can handle them!); complexity of analyzing financial data

Larry