All Formidable Forms Reviews

Alvin

More than just an online form tool

Great follow up and valuable resources sent via email.

Pros

Simple drag and drop interface that was still very powerful in function.

Cons

No major issues, however many free form tools are sufficient to achieve a similar experience.

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

Formidable Forms had the appropriate integrations that were necessary for the project.

December 2022

Top Forms Builder For Making Web and Mobile Apps on WordPress

Formidable Forms has helped solved every single forms-based challenge - from simple lead gen and contact forms, through complex business workflows.

Pros

The built-in features for creating custom forms-based business applications are the best.

Cons

Some of the documentation on the most advanced features is sometimes difficult to get through, but that's easily overcome through the generous support offered by expert advanced users in the Formidable Community.

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

Formidable Forms quickly set itself apart with its powerful third-party integrations, native report building features, workflow/automation capabilities and its API.

Reasons for switching to Formidable Forms

I kept looking for the best *native, built-in* features and functionality for building web applications. Once I found Formidable Forms, I've nenver looked back.

One of the better WordPress form plugins, with some limitations

We've used Formidable forms on various WordPress sites, particularly when the website requires an interactive or more advanced type of form, which Formidable definitely excels at.

Pros

Formidable is a great WordPress form plugin at its' core, and comes packed with a ton of features that other form plugins try to charge for. If you only need basic forms, you won't find a better plugin that's well-built and easy to use as Formidable. The paid version of Formidable is also awesome, with some pretty nifty features such as pageable (sliding) forms, and 3rd party integrations

Cons

If you're a developer who needs to make style customization and modifications, Formidable will give you quite the headache. Given the limitations of the plugin, and the way the code is structured, some basic CSS styling takes significantly more work than it should.

William

November 2022

Advanced Forms Integration for your WP Sites

Fantastic

Pros

The ability to have so much customization from the ability to build out forms, views, reporting, etc. Support is fantastic as well.

Cons

Any plugin/product could always update or add. We have no issues and Formidable Forms continues to update and add new innovative add-ons though out their updates.

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

We felt Formidable Forms integration with other products had a definitive advantage over the competition.

Trisha

The only form plugin I use for all my clients

It's been excellent.

Pros

I bought Formidable Pro back on June 25, 2014, and have used it on every client site I've created since. I moved from Gravity Forms and never looked back. I've tried a couple of the newer plugins, but they don't measure up. Formidable is just so flexible.

Cons

I miss the community forums. I liked being able to find answers to my questions without needing to contact support. There's a Slack group now but it's not the same. I like how GeneratePress and Beaver Builder still both have support forums. I hope Formidable Pro brings theirs back one day,

Reasons for switching to Formidable Forms

Formidable Pro was more affordable, easier to design and much more flexible.

Tom

February 2022

Formidable Forms is my Form Builder of Choice

I have built small, mid, and large sized web applications using formidable forms. It is the cornerstone of my development business as I develop fairly complicated, large scale, web applications. Formidable takes away hours and hours of coding and provides features and programming interfaces that others do not. In addition to that, their documentation and support is great.

Pros

The features I use most are the API interface, actions, and filters. The ability to access these features were the deciding options for my selection of formidable.

Cons

Would like to see more control on submit buttons and modal dialogs

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

They offered more development features than the other products

Bogdan Marian

Industry: Online Media

September 2022

Awsome Forms plugin

This plugin allows me to construct contact and order forms, as well as surveys.

Pros

For my new website, I was searching for a WordPress form builder when I came across Formidable Forms. It is by far the most effective form builder I've ever utilized. It offers every feature I desired and more. With all of these capabilities, my site is much more professional-looking!

Cons

I am not proficient in writing code, therefore I struggle with assignments requiring bespoke code, but there are many samples available, which helps. There is nothing that I dislike. As a volunteer with a full-time job, I just do not have the time to pursue additional self-education.

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

I'm accustomed to using Formidable Forms, and this plugin provides all the capabilities I require.

Tyler

December 2022

Very simple to use Form Builder with tons of features

Pros

Building simple forms is really fast and easy. Simply drag and drop, then use all of the customization features to style, size, add dynamic or conditional elements.

Cons

When displaying data from form views on my website, it adds a lot of JS and CSS, slowing down my pages. If your website is optimized for speed, you'll still be well within "good" speed parameters. But, if your website already struggles with load time or speed in general, adding views on your pages may slow things down.

Reasons for switching to Formidable Forms

More features with Formidable. Easier to use.

Peter

July 2022

Formidable Forms - Awesome!

[1] Creation of forms tailored for different customers improves site development productivity. [2] Wide standard feature set helpful in meeting client site requirements

Pros

Formidable has an extensive feature set, we are taking a view to the future

Cons

Formidable is an expensive buy when taking all features

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

More extyensive feature set (with a view to the future) there are features here which we are not currently using but do expect to use in the near/medium term (this coming year)

December 2021

Very useful plugin for creating powerful forms in WordPress

This plugin allows me to create everything from contact and ordering forms to surveys.

Pros

I was looking for a WordPress form builder for my new website and saw Formidable Forms. It is by far the best form builder I have ever used. It has all the features I wanted and more. My site now looks more professional with all these great features!

Cons

I've been using Formidable Forms for quite a few years now and it's a great WordPress form builder. Its only drawback is the price. This app is very expensive and there are now cheaper form builders on the market.

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

I'm used to working with Formidable Forms and the plugin has all the functionality I need

Terri

Formidable Forms Pro expanded organizations cashflow exponentiallly

Excellent product and would highly recommend.

Pros

I found Formidable Forms and its plugins to have a very user-friendly interface. There are few features left out that most users would need, and there are multitudes of plugins for specific needs to expand its usefulness.

Cons

What I like least is that there should be the ability to limit the number of WORDS in a form field, not just characters, in a very simple way. If you search for this function, all you can find is some very complicated php code which, though I followed the instructions to the letter, would not work. I tried many, many ways. Inserting html code into one of the fields is not possible, which is what the instructions say to do. FF already has a button to click to limit the number of characters. Why would you not have a button right there with it to limit the number of words?

Jonathan

Conditional action hooks make this the best form plugin for WordPress

Overall, Formidable Forms has been my go-to form builder for the last 7 years. I switched from a competitor because while their feature set was more robust, Formidable had a more modern feel and was easier to work with as a developer.

Pros

Not only is the drag-n-drop interface super easy to work with, but the included fields almost always meet my needs. The included actions that can be triggered on successful form submission, while not exhaustive, usually meet the requirements of my projects. There are plenty of add-ons that help to meet the needs if one of the built-in ones doesn't.

Cons

One thing I feel is missing from this plugin is advanced conditional field values. When using a form to try to create a quiz that scored users based on their overall answers, it was difficult to add those form values together and redirect to an appropriate success page base on the total of all fields.

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

In the end, Formidable was easier to work with as a developer and provided a fuller feature set for the cost than the competition. Form Actions was probably the biggest selling point for me early on. They are amazing.

Absolutely brilliant - turned my dreams into reality

Pros

The support is out of this world. In any software one is learning a lot of new skills so brilliant support makes the learning worth while. I could not have done so without it. I had a dream to turn our training companies administration, student management, and quality management system paperless. Formidable Forms has done that. Some of the things we do now, all paperless are; Student enrollment and payments; Keeping up to date records by auto sending emails for updated documentation at the correct time to each student or assessor; Multiple assessors countrywide uploading and assessing student assignments online; Moderators having immediate access to students work and assessors reports at any time from anywhere; Instant generation of reporting functions for the education authorities oversight and quality management role; Views showing snapshots of students progress with hyperlinks to every conceivable piece of data required by quality assurance and assessors throughout the process, and 'To Do' list automatically generated for each person who logs in based on their role ; Students have access to their own data at all times and can see their own progress; Students can maintain and view personal logbooks built into the system which also doubles as evidence for assessor to check currency of participation; The list goes on and on... Our site has over 80 forms with 426 Views.

Cons

I an not competent with writing code myself, so battle with tasks involving custom code, but there are lots of samples available as well so this helps. Nothing really that I do not like. I just do not have the time to do more self learning as I do this voluntarily and have another real job.

Ignacio

Online registrations made easy

Great so far. We purchased an elite license since we use it on every project as a default installation.

Pros

We were able to create an online school registration multi-step form pretty easily and then make modifications based on client feedback, addressing only the steps in the form where changes were needed. The ability to add in additional features like Zapier integration with just a few clicks is the best!

Cons

It's a bit pricey, but in the end well worth it since we probably saved time and $$ not needing additional plugins for certain functions. Formidable has everything covered pretty well!

Reasons for choosing Formidable Forms

Available integrations with third parties swayed us.

Reasons for switching to Formidable Forms

Formidable offered much more in terms of functionality and integrations with third parties.

Joseph

Formidable Forms is an excellent Forms solution for Wordpress

Very positive.

Pros

I have built complex and comprehensive forms using several other plugins. This one is the best.

Cons

It's difficult with the complexity to integrate with various add-ons such as Zapier. No-fault to FF, but it requires a lot more work to manage than I would like.

Stability and cost.