All Mentimeter Reviews

Hannah

Industry: Mental Health Care

Incredible transformation of presentations

This app is great for my projects that I use for my clients!

Pros

The fact that it can tranform a boring, long and tiring presentation, into one that is interactive, fun and cheerful makes it a great app.

Cons

I did not like the fact that, at times the app takes a lot of time to show the poll results to viewers.

A smart tool that looks slick but has some frustrating limitations

We like Mentimeter a lot. You can be up and running with it in minutes, and it takes literally seconds to create a typical wordcloud or other slide. It looks amazing to those answering the questions. There are downsides though and I hope future updates will add functionality and improve the experience for paying users.

Pros

Mentimeter allows you to easily (very easily) create and launch live, interactive polls, surveys and quizzes and create cool things like wordclouds in real time. It has a really smooth mobile integration through the use of QR codes which is a killer feature in the modern age. We have frequently had "wow moments" in meetings, workshops and training sessions using Mentimeter as people see animated quiz standing come in in real time and the like. Zero learning curve from the users point of view and almost frictionless.

Cons

It has a few limitations that make it less slick from the point of view of the person using it compared to the people answering the questions. It does not integrate well with Powerpoint. There is an outdated and never updated plug in which crashes all the time and thus unusable. The other option is to import your slides into Mentimeter and do the whole thing from there. This is not always advisable because animations are not preserved and the general look of the slides suffers. Without PPT integration, if you are running a remote session using Zoom or similar you are forcing people to navigate away from your window to use Mentimeter and then relying on them coming back to see the results come in in real time. It damages the experience tremendously. You get around this by showing QR codes and having them do it on their phones, but still, not ideal. Another issue is that moving or otherwise adjusting slide shows inside Mentimeter is a huge pain. Drag and drop to change the order of slides is basically broken, so me and my team always make sure everything is in order before importing (if we even use importing, see above). Even a no-integrated session with more than a few Mentimeter slides is a huge pain to adjust. Finally, although they claim that switching between say PPT and Mentimeter on the fly is easy, it inhibits you from easily and smoothly moving to the next question. Not ideal.

Reasons for choosing Mentimeter

Mentimeter is far slicker and more professional looking

Gitte

December 2022

A Professional Engagement Tool

Overall it is an attractive engagement tool and it allows participants to answer polls anonymously which offers valuable information for me as a presenter.

Pros

It is easy to set up and the interface is very professional when displaying the interactive surveys and polls. It is a great tool to build engagement with the audience as I give marketing presentations for my business.

Cons

It does not integrate well with PowerPoint which made my presentation crash and also causes participants to have to switch between the PP and the Mentimeter poll which took away from the experience of my presentation.

Chad

An efficient way to get instant feedback

Pros

It is fast and easy to use. Allows the users to remain anonymous so they can feel more comfortable indicating their opinions. Excellent charts to present the poling of the results which is quite handy to verify how your audience feel about a presentation.

Cons

There are quite a few bugs: Sometimes the app doesn't remember the event code. There are times when a question cannot be skipped. It is sometimes problematic to access the results from my PC.

Alicia

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

January 2023

Perfect Supplementary Tool For Presentations

To get the best experience a paid subscription is needed, but depending on your needs, it may be worth it!

Pros

Because of the anonymity of the format, it is a great tool for authentic audience participation during presentations, classroom teachings, etc. I love that PowerPoint can be integrated into it!

Cons

I can not find a way to track the data from the answers collected live so that I can replay them

Timo

Engagement first presentation tool

I like Menti when I want to create engaging session with the audience. Using the usual Zoom chat function, the text is separate from the presentation, but with Menti it falls nicely to the right place into the presentation flow and you can later get nice co-created slides.

Pros

I like that you can run the whole presentation from Menti, but I think often average users don't do that. When I have been using it for my presentations, it put all the slides there, getting a nice smooth experience. That's much better than switching between "main" presentation and Menti, and I hope more people will use it like that in the future. I also like that you can nicely export the final co-created slides, with audience inputs.

Cons

I really don't have complaints, but just a wish. I wish that I could use Menti active presentation as my Zoom virtual background, like you can currently do with their beta function PPT as background. If that could be Menti as well, that would be brilliant!

Reasons for choosing Mentimeter

While I had used Slido at other events, I felt that for my own sessions Menti offers more engagement, which can be used smoothlessly in the whole presentation. I also found Menti's price better.

A powerful software for interactive slides

Mentimeter is a great tool when creating interactive slides in undergraduate classes. It permits both the students and the professor to participate actively in the class.

Pros

Mentimeter permits the administrator to create interactive slides. The students are motivated not only because their comments, questions and answers are presented anonymously during the class, but because they use their mobile phones and see the slides. Beyond the interactive slides, it includes clouds of words, quick tests, voting and express if they are enjoying the presentation.

Cons

The free version only permits a limited number of interactive slides. Despite the license is not considered expensive, it also limits some of the interactive tools and can cause the students to feel fatigued.

Reasons for switching to Mentimeter

Prezi is an alternative to conventional slides, however, the presentation becomes complicated and it does not suppor interactivity with the class.

Adaptable, Multi-Use Presentation Software

Overall, I have enjoyed using Mentimeter to present, but Mentimeter really shines with the polls and feedback features built right into the program. It has made presentations more interactive, but also allows users to anonymously respond, giving me more insight into overall reception of the presentation for further fine-tuning.

Pros

I really enjoy utilizing the integration of real-time polls and feedback mid-presentation. We have used Mentimeter, primarily making use of the poll feature, to gauge both student and advisor feedback and understanding. We have been able to pull the reports the gather additional data to share with our team. Whether for students or for staff, Mentimeter has been incredibly useful and allows anonymization of data, allowing us to see where things are succeeding and perhaps where things can be given a bit more clarity.

Cons

I did find it hard to pull reports, however, this may be a matter of me not being entirely familiar with the software. I was able to eventually get the reports, but it seemed that I had to choose between combining data from different presentations or creating separate presentations entirely. I would have liked a feature that allows me to combine all data under one "umbrella" so I can see trends between individual presentations and the overall project.

Reasons for choosing Mentimeter

Mentimeter's level of interactivity is something not many other products on the market offer. Some websites offer games, but they are not necessarily integrated with presentations. This is a one-stop shop.

Reasons for switching to Mentimeter

Mentimeter's live polling features made all the difference.

Justine

Practically Non-Existent Customer Support

My experience with the customer support is woeful. My first few interactions were with a bot, which could not resolve my problem. I then interacted with a human (?) who similarly has yet to resolve my issue. I would state the issue, 24 - 48 hours later I would get a response which did not address it. I would immediately respond and 24 - 48 hours later a different person/bot would respond. It's been a week now and I still don't have resolution. Their hours seem to be a Euro schedule with no weekend support. I have requested a refund and have received no response at all. The whole experience has been disappointing.

Pros

Has numerous features to add interactivity. Functionality is easy to grasp.

Cons

Uploading a presentation proved difficult, despite it meeting the designated parameters. All of the options such as quizzes, polling, etc were greyed out and couldn't be accessed. The basic option is really basic. I upgraded to get enhanced functionality and instead got nothing.

Reasons for choosing Mentimeter

I wanted to enhance my presentation with interactive real-time quizzes.

Esmé

Industry: Supermarkets

November 2022

Nice interactive way of presenting!

Pros

Very easy way to use. You have many creative features to do a quiz form. It is very attractive to the audience because it is interactive.

Cons

Too bad you can only add 2 question forms, because after that you have to pay. The layout may also include more recommendations

Àngels

September 2022

Herramienta sencilla y práctica

Herramienta sencilla y visual para utilizar en actividades formativas, conferencias, etc.

Pros

Facilidad de uso Rapidez en la configuración Variedad de opciones y plantillas

Cons

La versión gratuita ofrece pocas posibilidades de personalización (colores, formatos ...)

Jaime Valeriano

May 2022

A Review about Mentimeter of a College Student (Practice Teacher) in a University

Overall, I really enjoy using mentimeter in my demo teaching. However, there are only limited questions and quizzes because I am only using the free version. But, because my resourcefulness is being tested, I know that this helps me to improve my creativity.

Pros

What I like about mentimeter is that it really gives an opportunity to the teacher to make the session fun. Since we are in a pandemic here in the Philippines, our main means of teaching is through online classes. That's why in these times, there are applications that will make the class active, engaging, and not boring, one of them is mentimeter. Together with out creativity, we can have games or any activities that are relevant to the pupils using polls, surveys, quizzes, etc. that their answer can be seen real time. Which means that it can be a form of formative assessment since it is an opportunity for us to give an immediate feedback to some mistakes the students are able to do.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the limited questions and quizzes per presentation. However, I think that this gives us the opportunity to be resourceful. If I will be given an opportunity to have something to recommend in their company, I'll them that there must be a way where they will be giving a discount for students. It will be very helpful especially to education majors.

Natasha

April 2022

Wonderful LIVE results

I love Mentimeter because it's a great way to engage my audience and ensure that they feel included in my workshops.

Pros

I use mentimeter in almost every workshop that I do. With mentimeter, I am able to solicit the audience response and show it in a word cloud LIVE during the presentation. My results and slide don't disappear over time, and I can always duplicate or view a prior slide. I love the options to hide results, to change the number of entries, and to stop and start the polling. Mentimeter also consistently add new features to their platforms, and I'm always happy to try them. Plus, you can use a lot of the features for free.

Cons

Under the free account, you cannot create a mentimeter slide with a feature too far in advanced; you either get 2 days or 7 days for the presentation mode/slide feature to stay active because the voting code for the presentation becomes inactive after that time period.

Ahmet Fatih

Your virtual bonds with the audience

Mentimeter makes my teaching more effective. I also use it as I lead my students to generate mind maps about any topic. They love seeing their voices heard in the presentation the moment they interact.

Pros

The templates are easy to use. The animations are engaging. My audience love being a part of the presentation.

Cons

Nothing so far as it meets all my expectations. It may be a bit time consuming to enter the code so using QR codes may be a better option.

Samantha Louise

July 2022

Mentimeter: The Best Poll Application for Classes

I really like using Mentimeter during online classes. It made my Q&A sessions much easier and heightened my students' engagement.

Pros

What I really like about Mentimeter is being able to receive real-time answers and insights from the students.

Cons

What I least like about the software is not being able to save students' comments during live sessions.

Ben

Industry: Wholesale

Really good tool but could be more stylish

I have used Mentimeter to deliver richer learning experiences in our business. It is easy to use and doesn't tend to disrupt the flow of the session (unless the wifi is playing up!). It's also great for anonymity and data analytics. As a result, it's also great for focus group and feedback sessions as people feel more comfortable giving feedback when it's anonymous.

Pros

Mentimeter is a new tool in our business so most people haven't experienced using it before. The interactive features are great and create a much more engaging experience. It's also extremely easy to use and feels similar to powerpoint when creating your slides so it has a familiar feel to it.

Cons

My only criticism is that the styling (i.e. look and feel) is a bit basic. It would make the experience much better if it could be styled differently. This is a relatively minor point though.

Reasons for choosing Mentimeter

Mentimeter had the functionality that was more aligned to what we needed.

August 2022

Seriously fun

It is a great software. It allows us to do interactive activities while being live.

Pros

Depending on how you use it, it can be a super strong interactive software to power charge your meetings. You can have your team to anonymous votes, polls and even games (guess who?, guess what, etc). Since we use it, we have so much more fun during our meetings.

Cons

It would be cool to have an option where people put their names so it’s not anonymous. Then we can choose from the start what kind of privacy we want.