All Alchemer Reviews

Jakob

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Good survey option but lacks more advanced options

Joshua

Great for deploying the deep dive survey strategy created by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

I use survey gizmo to execute [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] deep dive survey strategy. It helps me do exactly that quickly, and easily. My over all experience has been a good one.

Pros

What I like most about Survey Gizmo is it allows you to set up the exact type of survey you need, no matter how simple or complex. Then you can export the data you extracted exactly as you want it. This allows me to use SurveyGizmo to deploy the deep dive survey strategy, collect answers from facebook ad traffic, and export the data to excel in the proper format to run analysis on it.

Cons

I honestly, don't have too many complaints about this software. The only thing I believe they could do better is add more templates. It's a pretty solid platform.

Virgil

The best web-based survey software for research ethics compliance

Pretty good. We're pushing it's limits in our next survey design and trying to make something really visually interactive. So far our surveys have been pretty traditional for social research and everything has worked well. We will see if it's possible to make some more fun surveys on Alchemer or not.

Pros

It's easy to use with all the modern features for all types of social surveys and the reports can do segmentation which saves a lot of offline data analysis work. A really important selling point for me was the company's privacy policy and how they make it easy to tailor their product to be used for research on sensitive topics. Uniquely, Alchemer makes it really easy to activate the "response encryption" function which is the only way to prevent the company or its survey administrators from accessing or using anonymized forms of your survey data for other purposes. Secondary use of customers survey data is an important part of most online survey software company's business. They also specifically describe the use of this function being important for research on sensitive topics like personal health. They also are more straightforward in their privacy policy language when it comes to use of the "anonymous" survey function, which blocks the collection of IP addresses of survey respondents which happens by default for all online survey software. Competitors like survey monkey offer this feature but do not have as strong of guarantees in the privacy policy that they will not collect the IP addresses for their own business uses. Similarly the response encryption feature is generally available from competitors but at a higher price point and in the case of Qualtrics only as a non-disclosed cost add on feature.

Cons

It doesn't have the 100% smooth and premium feel that you'd expect. It's probably an 8/10 for design quality and has some quirks and occasional glitches. I've had issues with multi-language surveys and support for which Unicode/alphabet version for a language that the software supports, and separately problems with HTML script in the secondary language version of a survey being reset and erased spontaneously. Their customer support is really quick to respond on email however, and their help pages are really robust and easy to learn from.

Reasons for choosing Alchemer

Because it offered easy to use functions tailored to research ethics compliance needs for privacy and response data protection preventing access or use of anonymized data by third parties (the staff of Alchemer). It also has the best price and essentially the same feature options.

Greedy and unconscionable. Totally inflexible in servicing customers. Love to take the money.

Was able learn about some of the functions of a survey provider and how they can be used to create quizzes and surveys in creative ways.

Pros

Some of their features at the time were only supported by them. This is changing very quickly. There are several other terrific providers in the marketplace who now support the features that were only available with SG.

Cons

I had to pay them dollar's over the last 5+ years to host 2 surveys with extremely light traffic just as a storage because they were not forthcoming about their downgrade and storage policies. The features I needed - advanced quizzes and calculations - were only available on their platform. I asked them several times my options for downgrading to a lower plan because I was not using the platform but I did not want to loose my data and the work I had done. Their answers were extremely vague knowing full well that they were getting a free ride on the $/month I was paying just for storing a few MB of data. In the meantime, they changed the pricing plans so that the original plan would now cost me $/month. My old plan went on a "legacy plan" where I could not use many of the features like questions libraries. I have now switched to a provider who supports everything that SG does, does it 10 times better than them - both style and function - and does it at half the price.

Brittany

Usually Does What I Need & Customer Service Is Great

This takes care of my form and survey needs so easily. There a lot of logic rules and generated actions you can create in your forms too. You have to see how easy it is.

Pros

I haven't run into many things I can't do with SurveyGizmo that I need from my forms. There are a lot of question types, and you can make custom ones. The reports are great because most of the people I send the reports to need visuals, and SurveyGizmo does that so it's easier to understand the data. Of course it's up to you to provide insights about what that data means, but you have a great tool for gathering and reviewing the data in SurveyGizmo. Also, customer service is a team of rockstars. Very fun to troubleshoot with.

Cons

If you update a style template/sheet, your current forms using that style are NOT automatically updated. Since my organization has hundreds of forms and surveys, this is problematic. If you are in the situation where you want to redesign your forms, definitely use the styles, but be prepared to go into all of your forms/surveys and reapply the style to it, and remember to save afterward. It's annoying but not the worst, and it shouldn't happen often if you work closely with your brand leaders to make sure the design will be solid for a while.

Ryan

Time used: Free Trial

June 2014

Excellent Tool for Ongoing Customer Feedback for SAAS

We try to make sure all initiatives at Unbounce are customer driven, so we need ways to keep tabs on customer feedback, and continually assess customer satisfaction. I initially adopted Survey Gizmo to send a one-off survey to our customers. They survey & reports were easy to set up and their support team was absolutely phenomenal (so much so, they've become a *huge* inspiration for the way we run our support team at Unbounce. They set a hiiiiiiigh bar!). The surveys we run through Survey Gizmo helps us inform our product team of product requests and UX issues, it helps our customer success team know what kinds of content we should create and how we can better support our customers, and it helps give visibility into the various KPIs we use to evaluate our team's performance. We now have several surveys that are emailed to our customers at certain milestones in their lifecycle, and the feedback we get from them is absolutely critical.

Pros

Easy to use visual survey builder PHENOMENAL customer support Great integrations with 3rd party tools (Google Spreadsheets, email notifications etc.)

Cons

When trying to edit multiple survey fields in succession, there is some animation this slows things down a bit. It's certainly no deal breaker, but I feel like I need to add a con of some sort.

Julie

April 2022

An academic uses Alchemer

I am a non-business user of Alchemer. For my uses, I find Alchemer reasonably intuitive, with the exception of more sophisticated features (such as question branching and skip logic). Explanations of the more advanced features are explained well, however.

Pros

Ease of use. Much more intuitive and reasonably priced than the behemoth that is Qualtrics. I am an academic user who pays out of pocket to use this so those factors matter a lot.

Cons

I casn't think of any disadvantages of this software, given how I use it.

Kyle

Time used: Free Trial

June 2014

One of my favorite tools. Period.

4-5 years ago, we were looking for a more comprehensive, better tool than the ubiquitous SurveyMonkey. I found SurveyGizmo and, as a company, we've never looked back. It does all you could ever want for surveying, as do other tools. However, it's in quizzes, forms, customization and support where SurveyGizmo stands out. We are constantly building landing pages and microsites using SurveyGizmo embedded quizzes or forms, which saves us time having to build back-end databases to support them, plus offers us so much more functionality that we could realistically do ourselves. The system is consistently reliable - I don't remember any long outages, ever, even in the current environment of DDOS attacks taking down tools like this regularly. Beyond that, the support via phone and their online support system is spectacular. Quick answers, great solutions and just a fun company to work directly with. We get tremendous value from SurveyGizmo and I'd highly recommend it to anyone working in communications, marketing or research.

Pros

Flexibility Comprehensive solution Modern design Customizable Great support Embeddable Does quizzes, forms, surveys and more. Reliable Consistent

Cons

None that I can think of.

Arpine

Industry: Research

Impressively good software for handling complex questions

It is a well thought and elaborated software. However, the working windows are quite small, would love to have more space when working on a new questionnaire.

Pros

I have tested many survey softwares, and never seen any of them suggesting question with semantic differential. Another big plus is the possibility to have multiple text fields for one question. It feels very natural to have that, but very few softwares have this particular feature. I liked also the ranking grid type of question that SG offers.

Cons

Although there is an option to put bulk answers at once, the editing should be done one by one. I could not find also the randomization option neither for the question options, nor for blocks/pages.

Stace

Industry: Market Research

May 2022

Great survey software

Pros

We use this as our back up survey software or if we need to run a survey offline. I like the fact that you can customise almost every aspect of your survey and it has a huge range of question types and the inbuilt analysis and reporting tool is great as you can customise and then just share a link with the client

Cons

It is quite expensive and although there is a free version it doesn't have many features. It would also be nice to have a better way of respondents logging in.

Nalika

May 2022

Awesome Survey Software

This has made our work easier as a company and easy to use.

Pros

This is easy to use and set up. It also goes great with integrating with other software.

Cons

This has been a great software so far since using this software.

Emily

Powerful survey tool

Overall, we like the tool and it helps streamline our data intake process. We are able to provide online training and post-training quiz and eval, then send out certificate accordingly via Surveygizmo. Features like that are important to us. Wish they would not keep increasing your price though and turn some of the features you'd been using for years into a different price tier.

Pros

We have been a client since 2013 and definitely watched SurveyGizmo grew significantly. New features are coming out from time to time and it is getting more and more powerful. It can be a great tool for all levels of users. There are simple easy to use features but there's also room available for advanced users to do custom scripts writing, etc to bring in more robotic and automatic survey flow. It also integrates really well with Salesforce and Google Sheets, etc.

Cons

Pricing! All these years we've been with SurveyGizmo we've gone through a huge price hike. They have different tiers of pricing/user licenses. As I said, they come up with new features from time to time, but watch out, those can cost more.

Kelsey

March 2022

Trusty Program

Overall Alchemer is a trusted service in our company. It is vital to our day to day and hosts many of our surveys across the company. There are very few rollouts of new features, but that works for us to prevent relearning an existing service.

Pros

I appreciate that this program stays the same-- I'm not averse to change, but it's just nice to know that something that is already reliable and easy to use stays that way and is not made overly difficult. The customizing of the questions and the actual survey works for me and my business.

Cons

Customer service leaves something to be desired. I needed to purchase responses for a study and their team was super difficult to get ahold of. Next time, I'd likely outsource this service to another company and just use Alchemer to host the survey.

Paula

It does not allow to change the design to the survey.

Currently it benefits the survey area in my company because with every opinion we receive from this medium, we manage to improve our infrastructure day by day, and also, we achieve constant communication with customers.

Pros

I like that SurveyGizmo has very good user support. Constantly some of my employees, have doubts, and when sending support, they can receive a response from them in a matter of minutes, it is something quite beneficial that improves long-term use.

Cons

I do not like that SurveyGizmo does not allow editing the design of a survey to your liking, in this platform the "orange" design should be for all surveys, it is annoying that they do not give the client freedom to choose the design they want.

Marielvis

A few benefits that complements each survey very well.

I have benefited from the use of SurveyGizmo because I have obtained that my surveys have better opinions, much more valuable, some opinions that really manage to change each product and that satisfy the client significantly.

Pros

I like that SurveyGizmo has a user-friendly interface, an interface so beautiful that it does not bore at any time to the person who is using it, and I also like the design of each survey, it supplements the perfection of the questionnaires.

Cons

I have no complaints about the use of SurveyGizmo, the truth has been good all this time that I have been using it, it has provided me with the necessary characteristics to achieve success in each survey that is sent.

Carole

Surveys are more comfortable to perform, much more feasible.

The use of SurveyGizmo, has become something essence in my company, since it is a software that has helped us to solve every doubt of a client by means of a form of survey quite fast.

Pros

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is its interface, it is an interface where you can surf comfortably, do a survey without boredom and an interface that can make the work of a survey, much simpler and feasible.

Cons

I do not like the price of SurveyGizmo, it is very expensive to pay each of the plans proposed by SurveyGizmo, however, beyond the prices, I have not given any other error or any interruption.

Patricia

Feature packed but not slick

We use Survey Gizmo regularly as a Research Team to collect data on our programs and products and facilitate gathering information from around the world.

Pros

We will probably never stop using Survey Gizmo because our researchers love it so much. It caters to all their needs in terms of data collection and analysis, making their jobs easier in the long run. Things like translation capabilities and offline data collection are really great. Plus, they do offer live reports that meet our needs well on certain projects. For these reasons, Survey Gizmo will always be the preferred go-to survey platform for our team.

Cons

Survey Gizmo packs in a lot of features and value but their UI doesn't deliver on the same level. Users and non-research members of our team will always default to Typeform because it just feels more slick. The experience is smoother, the interface is cleaner, and the ability to customize surveys visually can take them to the next level. Working on the back end of a Typeform also just feels easier, even though Survey Gizmo offers the same or more features.

Chense

The prices should go down immediately and make them adapted.

I have benefited from its use in my work area because I have managed to obtain a more graphic response or opinion, an opinion that increases utility and greatly improves efficiency.

Pros

I really like the easy adaptation that SurveyGizmo has, and also how generous it is to allow access from any device and offer the ability to create a survey using a mobile phone.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, since they surpass the price and I see it as a high risk factor, it is a very expensive tool and it does not have so many innovative functions.

Vigney