All Canva Reviews

Reviewed November 2021

Canva Review

Environmental Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

We are huge fans of Canva!

PROS

Canva is incredibly easy to use and have multiple people collaborate and comment. We are not designers by training yet the tool makes us look great.

CONS

We didn't have any issues. We haven't tried to incorporate videos yet.

Nida

Design, 1 employee

Canva app rating

Its going great i am designing all my posters social media posts from there and im excelling in every step. It is very easy to use and has different template options for each social media handle

PROS

Its easy to use and have alot of variety in features

CONS

Its a bit expensive compared to other graphic design apps

Reasons for switching to Canva

Beacuse Canva has more features and is user friendly

Animesh

Media Production, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Canva for college students

Overall canva is amazing app for editing photo

PROS

In my opinion canva is very good app to edit photo I really like this app so much

CONS

I think canva good for photo editing I recommend my friends to use canva

Neil

Political Organization, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Better than Photoshop

I used Photoshop to generate images for my website and podcast before trying Canva. While the costs wasn't that much different, the ease and speed at which I can do what I need is chalk and cheese. Canva suits my needs because my needs aren't that advanced. The main thing I like using is background remover - which in Canva's case is just about foolproof. I just hope they could fix the drop and drag ability to file projects - and bring in a better resizing option - but if you're looking for something to work up images for websites, then don't go past this. Give it a try - using a paid plan so you can use the editing features.

PROS

Easy to use Background remover is just the best

CONS

Hard to resize images Folder filing is clumsy

Reasons for switching to Canva

Simplicity of use. Particularly the background remover.

Yulonda

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Canva Educator

I still have yet to experience all of the features of Canva. So far, I’m enjoying it. I plan to keep being a user of Canva

PROS

Tons of templates to design any type of presentation , flyer, business card The pro educator account is free

CONS

There is nothing that I like least about Canva.

Reasons for switching to Canva

This provided me to opportunity to provide more variation to the content I’m creating, such as animated text or images.

Marwah

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Canva is an awesome tool. Even non designers can use it easily.

PROS

Free version is available with limited features Easy to use Various templates Various colors You can share designs with your team Social media and pinterest templates are available

CONS

It is not easy to move design from one template to another. The uploaded photos cannot be edited. Intellectual properties belong to canva Some templates are limited

Reasons for switching to Canva

The free version has more limitations than canva. I cannot download the design i made.

Riya

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Canva as a designer for non profit organisation

I love this product. All hearts !!! For someone who can't devote time and effort to the Adobe creative apps and Photoshop, Canva is a blessing

PROS

1. The ease of use - anyone can use it without any professional background, you just need a creative mind. 2. As an NPO, we got the PRO version by applying and it has changed our social media game.

CONS

Sometimes, searching for specific elements can be a task. Also, the frames/grids can be more user-friendly..

Reviewed March 2024

The best way to make my design with Canava

PROS

Canva has various templates option to use and can edit according to our need. In this, have different category like infographic, social media and many more. I can use, as per my need. In short, anybody can use Canva for making their use design.

CONS

I feel there no pitfall in the Canva till now.

Graphics Design App

It has value for money and I will recommend it for other users.

PROS

The app has good features for graphics design.

CONS

It's expensive to maintain the full package

Shreyash

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Honest review about canva

PROS

It has capabilities like comments and real-time collaboration. You may use a web browser, mobile apps, or a smooth workflow integration to access Canva.Canva Pro is a subscription-based service that comes with more features from Canva.

CONS

There is nothing to dislike about canva.

Reviewed March 2024

Dummy proof! Everything you need at a fair price!

PROS

Dummy proof. This is the main thing that comes to my mind when thinking about Canva. It has some features that you can find in much more expensive softwares. I started using it with NO EXPERIENCE at all, not in graphic designs nor image editing. It is very easy, intuitive and has an amazing customer experience.

CONS

I cannot think about something that I do not like about Canva.

Jonathan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

User Since They Were Young

When I was a fledgling independent designer, I needed a design solution that gave me much of the power of Adobe Illustrator, but without the cost. I also wanted something that didn't require me to install software on my machine – aka cloud-based. After seeing a post from Guy Kawasaki, who was evangelizing for the company, I decided to try Canva out. Over the years, the company has added loads of useful features that helped me decide to start all my designers off with Canva rather than app software. Also, having teams and a brand kit available are a boon for creating designs for our own in-house work.

PROS

I started my marketing business with the idea that I'd grow it with remote staff. I realized that meant I'd need to find a design solution that gave me the power of Illustrator without the cost and the necessity if installing software. Enter Canva, the cloud-based designer's Swiss army knife. With Canva, I can be in Buenos Aires, add a member to my team in Los Angeles, and get them straight to work...regardless of whether they're subscribed to Adobe's suite. Furthermore, the Canva interface has gotten much more robust over the years: smart guides, excellent export options, direct access to stock images – so the need for us to turn to Adobe is less and less.

CONS

Generally, the Canva team has really built an excellent product, so there's not much I can complain about. However, there is one small, nuanced thing I'd really like. With security and privacy becoming so important now, I would love to have two-factor authentication through an authenticator app. Canva does have 2FA through a text message, but my team travels a lot and our phones have been lost or stolen often. But we all have 1Password on our computers to generate security codes, which would have saved time, so adding an authenticator option for 2FA would be incredibly useful.

Reason for choosing Canva

Canva's subscription-based, cloud design solution made hiring new remote designers easy for my business. The other tools we browsed were powerful, but required licenses, training, and more cost. In the end, we chose the cloud because we'd never have to update software, pay for large updates, train employees, worry about incompatible hardware, and finding a separate cloud to host our work.

Kacie

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Ideal for sharp-looking visuals, no graphic design experience necessary!

It began saving me 2-5 hours weekly when creating social media graphics, and I since expanded to using it for everything from party invites to professional looking PowerPoint decks. The options are endless and with so many pre-drafted templates, it's worth investing in the professional account in order to take advantage of this platform's full capabilities.

PROS

The free option is outstanding, but the affordable paid option even better. I use this software daily. Templates allow for easy customisation of font, colors and photos. You can even upload your band kit fonts, color codes etc. The new "remove background" feature has eliminated my need to use photoshop for most projects. The newest feature allowing graphics of one size to be resized is a game changer for social media managers. The photo library is large and easy to search. And the platform saves all of your designs for ease of retrieval, and easy duplication means that you can create one template and reuse it for multiple projects. You can even add stickers and create moving gifs now! Oh, and you can even order affordable printed copies of your designs - from holiday cards to posters, I no longer have to export and send to a vendor... Canva made it easy.

CONS

I cant say there is anything I don't like about the desktop version. I look forward to the continued improvements and additions. The mobile version, however, is a little less sophisticated and difficult to manage, just due to the small screen size and need of precision when dragging and dropping items with your finger.

Reasons for switching to Canva

PicMonkey was also fantastic, but for the investment and ease of use I've been both impressed and pleased with Canva.

Ada Jocabeth

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

The best tool for creative people at any age

Excellent app design, it is very easy to use for all types of people. You can access from your Google account, Facebook or email. It has many categories of templates, you can find the perfect template for what you are looking for. You can make banners from your phone easily and creatively, besides you can insert your own images. It has many templates with predefined sizes for youtube videos, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook posts, you name it.

PROS

It has a lot of graphic design tools that are easy to use even for people with zero design knowledge. You can access it from a pc or smartphone, which is very practical. It has a large number of vectors, a wide variety of default templates for anything, and many fonts to choose from. You can also create animations for your videos easily. It does NOT have annoying ads. In addition, it allows teamwork in the cloud, which is very important for this time of contingency.

CONS

The free version lacks cool features and the pro version can be a little bit expensive. In the mobile application, the option to share pdf is not available and if you compress the png image the image loses quality when sharing by WhatsApp.

Reasons for switching to Canva

The editing options are easier and more versatile than other design platforms

Kristine

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

You can do it all on CANVA! You are only limited to your imagination.

Using and becoming familiar with CANVA has been a privilege I'm honored to have. My flyer making skills are now comparable to those who use expensive software's such as Illustrator or Photoshop, without the hassle of having to go through trainings or paying those hefty prices. It has made creating posts for social media so much easier and enjoyable. Editing on CANVA is a breeze, not even Publisher can compare.

PROS

My job demands flyers, banners and marketing materials to be made daily. You don't need a fancy software to do any of those things, all you need is CANVA. Canva is beyond user friendly. They give you all the tools needed to create any project, right at your fingertips. They are constantly adding new features and improving their old ones. They have plenty of templates to choose from which you can make your own or you can start completely from scratch. Although the paid version obviously has better options when it comes to clipart and different elements, however, there are a ton of free options to choose from that are sometimes just as good! I am constantly recommending CANVA to people in all different lines of work, because it really does work for anyone and anything.

CONS

The thing I like least about CANVA, which is in no way a deal breaker, is having to pay for the full version in order to have access to the best clipart/elements. However, I have always been able to complete my work and am always pleased with the finished product, all while using the free version.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Using CANVA has saved my company so much money, while producing similarly great market materials.

Dipannita

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

A Great Design Tool

My overall experience with canva is pretty much satisfactory. Not every design tool will give you the opportunity to work in the cloud with so many design options. Besides, it is quite easy to use and user-friendly. I would happily like to recommend it to others.

PROS

Canva is a great design tool. Even if you are a beginner level designer or don’t have much design skill, canva has everything to help you out. There are many templates which are ready to use and you just need to improve it by using your creativity. As I work for my clients as a social media manager, I need a lot of images to post on their social media pages. In that case, it would have been a tough job for me if I didn’t have canva. Now, I can make images of specific sizes to post on Facebook, Instagram or even on Twitter. Furthermore, it has a great dashboard which is so much easier to use. Moreover, canva has a great mobile application. On top of that, you can save your creation in the cloud and download it in your desired formats as well.

CONS

There are some rooms that can be improved further. They should improve their resource section. The photo library, elements, and other resources should be upgraded. Other than that, canva is a great tool for designers.

Reasons for switching to Canva

I always have needed a design tool that can be accessed from anywhere and which is completely cloud-based. Canva Had everything to meet my requirements.

1 employee

Reviewed February 2019

Friendly Neighborhood Graphic Design Hero

Overall experience with this software Canva is a great option to create high-impact graphic designs without the hassle of having to know design techniques, purchase high priced design services, or spend a lot of time to create documents. It’s especially useful for businesses because of the versatility of design which can be used to create logos, business documents and more. It’s great for personal use as well! Birthday cards, event invites, and posters, personal documents, resumes can all be created here. The overall experience for a basic user on Canva is exceptional, efficient, and affordable.

PROS

I ran into Canva on a last minute work assignment to create a flyer for a weekend team-building event! No Pressure. Having very rusty graphic design skills, I knew I couldn’t pull off the project in time if I worked with conventional graphic design software such as Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. I needed a template that was ready-made, great looking, and easy to edit. A quick google search and in stepped Canva. The graphic design software replacement website is a God-sent efficiency machine for those of us who aren’t endowed with creative prowess or those who like to get things done quickly. It has great templates spanning a host of documents, a well-selected collection of vectors, photos, fonts, borders, and more, as well as a great user-friendly interface for easy editing, saving, and downloading. •A variety of templates On the Canva home-page, you are asked: “what would you like to design?” You can type your answer and begin working on a blank document and build up using the site’s design features. Alternatively, Templates are made by other Canva users and you can build upon what they have created. •Well curated design features If you aren’t in a time bind, you can have a bit of fun to really get acquainted with the site’s comprehensive and well-chosen design features. Starting from scratch, you can play around with stock images,

CONS

•High priced in-app purchases can be a pain if you like the look, but the price is over the top. However, there are plenty of free items that can work the look without the price tag. •Outdated items such as frames, grid-layouts, and icons can use a make-over or additions to update the Canva collection.

Subash