All Decktopus Reviews

Courtlin

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2022

Viable alternative to PowerPoint with visually attractive slides and a robust template library

Decktopus is a great choice when you need to quickly wrap your message in a visually appealing slide deck; it lets you focus on the content rather than the slide design. The lack of control over sharing slides is my main frustration, which I hope the team can solve without implementing another one-time, add-on fee.

PROS

The visual design of the stock templates is what attracted me to this software. Although PowerPoint's templates have gotten better over the years, you can still easily tell when a presenter has just selected and modified a stock PowerPoint template or worse, opted for the DIY white background and black Arial font look..."Here we go again, death by PowerPoint, I hope the presenter put more thought into their analysis than they did into their slide design..."

CONS

I miss the ability to have a slide sorter view like PowerPoint. For short 10-slide presentations, the lack of this feature isn't a big deal. However, for longer presentations, scrolling back and forth through the deck to rearrange slides quickly becomes frustrating. Sharing slides is easy but lacks obvious controls of who can view the deck. Maybe I'm missing something here but sharing seems to be all or nothing. There doesn't appear to be a way to "unshare" a deck once the public URL has been shared and there is no way to generate private URLs to share the deck with only specific people based on their email address. It's puzzling why this feature is missing. From the Help Center, "Note: This sharing URL is a public URL, everyone can see your presentation using this public sharing URL."

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

PowerPoint's built-in templates are overused and tired. When I don't have time to create a custom template or hunt around online for a nicer-looking template, I'll use Decktopus to quickly get something presentable together.

Hello Courtlin! Thank you so so much for your great review and feedback! You can be sure that they will not go unnoticed, and we have already added them to our to-do list! Please contact us if you ever need any help. Take care!

Replied July 2022

Christopher

Construction, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Quality Hybrid Presentation / Information Collection tool

The inbuilt questionnaires are great for safety professionals as it means we can send persons the links and collect the information directly from users after they have completed the toolbox or training.

PROS

- It's amazingly fast at creating presentations that are fully formatted and look great! - The integration of questionnaires allows for the collection of information within the presentation itself. - Very Stable - Fast Loading - Quality hot swappable templates - Excellent icon library - Frequent Updates

CONS

I really wish Decktopus would develop the ability to: - Export the presentations in HTML format or alternatively allow generation of a html file allowing presentations to be embedded / web linked into a Learning Management System. I.e. The platform's existing functionality would make this software great at creating online learning courses. - The ability to vertically swipe between slides up and down in presentation mode - The ability to import PowerPoint presentations is on the developer's roadmap but not yet available at time of this review.

Reason for choosing Decktopus

The ability to share a fast and responsive presentation via link which works on mobile and does not require the end user to have power point installed. The ability to quickly create a presentation that looks great in a rush.

Kalaivani

Computer & Network Security, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2024

Unsatisfactory

Very poor experience. Not user friendly or easy to ease. Unable to export into various option. I would not recommend this product. When trying to cancel, the subscription button doesn’t work.

PROS

Nothing, no features appealed to me. This product was unsatisfactory and I don’t know how much I can stress that I didn’t like anything about it.

CONS

None, I didn’t like anything about the product

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

It’s was much easier and user friendly. More features and templates to chose from

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Beautiful and easy presentations

PROS

It's quick to create beautiful and informative presentations with Decktopus. I've gotten overwhelming amount of positive feedback on the quality of my presentations after switching from PowerPoint to Decktopus. Decktopus forces you think: what's really important? There are limitations on number of characters you can use per title etc following best practices of oresenting. First I found this annoying - now I just love it - knowing I won't overload anyone with too much info.

CONS

Tables in presentations are a bit clunky, but it's somewhat of a new feature so I think it will become better with time!

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

Beautiful.ai got expensive and PowerPoint was slow, clunky and ugly.

Omar

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2021

Easy to use presentation software with existing attractive templates

So far it saved me a bunch of time in creating presentations

PROS

They have a library of templates, and I don't have to worry about trying to figure out the best fonts and colors that work well for the media I am using.

CONS

It could use more editing options and capability

Reason for choosing Decktopus

Was simple and quick to learn and use

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

Ready to go templates with nice features made my life easier

Vishal

Excellent alternative to MS PowerPoint

I love it. I create all my weekly client presentations in Decktopus. I reckon it saves me at least 2 hours every week.

PROS

Create classy presentations quickly using easy to customize templates. It's super easy to customize templates compared to PowerPoint. Once you select the style and color, you're ready to go. I spend less than 10 minutes on customizing templates.

CONS

The stock image selection is limited. But with so many free image and illustrations available on the net, it isn't a big issue.

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

PowerPoint is a bloated piece of software. Sure it does 100s of things that Decktopus can't. But finding and customizing a template takes more time than creating the presentation.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

New version - We apologize for the inconvenience, but ... Thank you for your understanding and again we apologize.

fun until the new version was here... i want all my presentations as they were

PROS

i was really a fan of the decktopus until the new version came online... my work was re-formated and seems like I have to redo it all over again... thank you very much for that I think I have to look for another alternative

CONS

replies like like this: if the texts or images are in a different position or size, you can easily adjust them from the editing page. During the transition of decks to the new version, there have been no alterations in content; however, modifications in design may occur. Rest assured, you can effortlessly fix any such modifications from the editing page for a seamless experience. i can rest assured... i have to do them all over again

Shade

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used less than 6 months

Saves lots of time!

Very easy to get set up and going and that’s a good thing.

PROS

I love the many templates that they have available. It speeds up the creation process rather than starting from scratch with saves lots of time!

CONS

Would be nice to have more customizations - like using AI as some of the other competitors have.

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

A lot mire easier to use with more interesting templates

Joseph

Market Research, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2021

Works great does exactly what I need.

Been great incredible pricing good content and easy to use

PROS

Easy to use can create business presentations easily

CONS

Had a bit of a learning curve to start thats it

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

Needed presentations to be done quickly and effectively

Hendy

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Really fast way to get a slide deck published

I really love this product as it saves my time presenting my ideas. The layouts currently available are limited, however they're getting the user experience right by enabling only essential customizations per slide layout. For each layout, there are also several variants, this part of UX that they also get right. Overall, Decktopus is really good for increasing productivity. I hope they continue to improve their product by adding more lead generation features, interactivity, analytics, integration with different apps via webhooks, Pabbly, etc. If they do, then this is not just a presentation tool but has huge potential.

PROS

Decktopus app saves my time, but really because of my own weakness. When trying to create a presentation using the usual software, a lot of time goes into thinking about the layout, about the design, about the positioning of certain elements, which take away the essence of the presentation itself: to express ideas. Decktopus allows me to do: express my ideas, without blocking me with non-essential details.

CONS

The interactive presentation features is pretty much non-existent and need to be developed. The use case is that the presenter will present Decktopus live in a virtual conference, and other participants can get a link to interact with this deck (e.g. polls), and the results/analytics will show in real-time in the presenter's slide.

Petar

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Very fast alternative to classic PowerPoint

I have started using Decktopus few months ago and it's honestly the best PowerPoint alternative I've seen in the past decade. I don't know how they do it, but they always have new templates that are on point. There's a template for everything from business presentations to ad campaigns! The best thing is that with one click you can change whole design without breaking anything.

PROS

The products is so easy to use. Furthermore it saves so much time. Instead of playing with ppt design, you can need your materials. The design is predefined, very modern and easily changeable to other templates via only one click.

CONS

The design could use some modernisation. The only thing missing is upload of your existing ppt file and using Decktopus then. This function is on the roadmap.

Insurance, 1 employee

Amazing Presentation Tool

PROS

Very easy to use with clean templates that resonate with buyers. Was very easy to create a new deck that is converting at a much higher rate.

CONS

The share links work but sometimes are blocked by my customers but it's easy to download and send the actual PDF>

Luca

Reviewed February 2022

A big boost in productivity

Absolutely positive. Being able to create a presentation using the minutes instead of hours is priceless

PROS

For me, create powerpoint and presentation is always a mess. I spend usually lots of time formatting and resizing text and images in order to make slides interesting. But with Decktopus i can create a complete presentation in 30 minutes or less. It's very easy to use and force you to focus on what matters most: content

CONS

the platform is still immature and some important features such as animations are missing. But the potential is huge and the development team is very attentive to requests

Christian

Great product !

Super product that i recommend to every business owner to save time and share professional presentation.

PROS

I like the fact that Decktopus is easy to use. We created presentation with their wonderful templates and it's easy to duplicate and make some adjustments and send it to our prospects and customers. Look sharp and professional !

CONS

A proposal section could be a really good idea (pricing tab). Also embedded codes could be fantastic (calendar links for example).

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

Easier to manage and really good templates.

Julian

Reviewed December 2021

Excelente para crear presentaciones y propuestas de manera innovadora.

Lo comencé a usar por una prueba de versión trial y me encontré con un software robusto de mucha utilidad donde la forma de realizar tus presentaciones para clientes es totalmente diferente,

PROS

Lo que más me gusta es el aplicativo en la nube, ahora mismo en un mundo de inmediatez es necesario tener donde alojar la información y tener acceso de nuestras presentaciones en cualquier lugar, además es muy bueno tener una buena opción disponible diferente a PowerPoint, donde conseguir más plantillas.

CONS

Me gustaría que se pudieran insertar las presentaciones en páginas web o e-mailing. Actualmente se pueden insertar formularios y lead magnet, pero sería ideal que se pudiera insertar presentaciones completas.

Reasons for switching to Decktopus

Por probas otras opciones disponibles para realizar presentaciones a los clientes.

Gizem Nur

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Beautiful Templates

PROS

The templates are great and ready-to-go. You can just fill in the information and wow your audience.

CONS

There is nothing I dislike about Decktopus but I sometimes wish I could just add more info to description boxes but I know that the reason I can't is for a purpose- so that the presentation looks good to eyes!

Decktopus User Review

Used Decktopus on latest project. Unlike many softwares, I really like how easy it to use and the platform is quite self-explanatory.

PROS

Ease of use. Very fluid and accessible.

CONS

Tool gets buggy while uploading media files which slows down overall process.

Reason for choosing Decktopus

Ease-of-use. Platform is understandable and self-explanatory.

Steve