Browse Decktopus Reviews

December 2021

Julian from ALMAAZ GROUP

December 2021

Excelente para crear presentaciones y propuestas de manera innovadora.

Lo comencé a usar por una prueba de versión trial y me encontré con un software robusto de mucha utilidad donde la forma de realizar tus presentaciones para clientes es totalmente diferente,

Pros

Lo que más me gusta es el aplicativo en la nube, ahora mismo en un mundo de inmediatez es necesario tener donde alojar la información y tener acceso de nuestras presentaciones en cualquier lugar, además es muy bueno tener una buena opción disponible diferente a PowerPoint, donde conseguir más plantillas.

Cons

Me gustaría que se pudieran insertar las presentaciones en páginas web o e-mailing. Actualmente se pueden insertar formularios y lead magnet, pero sería ideal que se pudiera insertar presentaciones completas.

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Por probas otras opciones disponibles para realizar presentaciones a los clientes.

Christopher from N/A

Quality Hybrid Presentation / Information Collection tool

The inbuilt questionnaires are great for safety professionals as it means we can send persons the links and collect the information directly from users after they have completed the toolbox or training.

Pros

- It's amazingly fast at creating presentations that are fully formatted and look great! - The integration of questionnaires allows for the collection of information within the presentation itself. - Very Stable - Fast Loading - Quality hot swappable templates - Excellent icon library - Frequent Updates

Cons

I really wish Decktopus would develop the ability to: - Export the presentations in HTML format or alternatively allow generation of a html file allowing presentations to be embedded / web linked into a Learning Management System. I.e. The platform's existing functionality would make this software great at creating online learning courses. - The ability to vertically swipe between slides up and down in presentation mode - The ability to import PowerPoint presentations is on the developer's roadmap but not yet available at time of this review.

Reasons for Choosing Decktopus

The ability to share a fast and responsive presentation via link which works on mobile and does not require the end user to have power point installed. The ability to quickly create a presentation that looks great in a rush.

Louisa from Cincinnati Country Day School

Industry: Research

Nice Software with a Few Issue

Pros

Easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. I worked with the costumer service as well and it was a pleasant experience.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be hard to use or navigate. I had one issue where I couldn’t access my work but it was all resolved.

Omar from Cerulaxis dba A-Z Services

Easy to use presentation software with existing attractive templates

So far it saved me a bunch of time in creating presentations

Pros

They have a library of templates, and I don't have to worry about trying to figure out the best fonts and colors that work well for the media I am using.

Cons

It could use more editing options and capability

Reasons for Choosing Decktopus

Was simple and quick to learn and use

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Ready to go templates with nice features made my life easier

Vishal from Trainedge Consulting

Excellent alternative to MS PowerPoint

I love it. I create all my weekly client presentations in Decktopus. I reckon it saves me at least 2 hours every week.

Pros

Create classy presentations quickly using easy to customize templates. It's super easy to customize templates compared to PowerPoint. Once you select the style and color, you're ready to go. I spend less than 10 minutes on customizing templates.

Cons

The stock image selection is limited. But with so many free image and illustrations available on the net, it isn't a big issue.

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

PowerPoint is a bloated piece of software. Sure it does 100s of things that Decktopus can't. But finding and customizing a template takes more time than creating the presentation.

Steve from Strokers Dallas

Quick and easy presentations

This one was pretty easy concept. Create an account and start working on a presentation.

Pros

This is a quick and easy platform to create presentations for sales meetings, training, info meetings, etc. The system is easy to use and allows online collaborators so you and a team cam work on a project.

Cons

I would like to see more templates and graphics elements. It does look like it is growing and the development continues to work on improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Decktopus

Decktopus makes it easier to focus on presentations and not be distracted or overwhelmed by graphic elements and templates not related to your project.

Shade from Peacock Shades

Saves lots of time!

Very easy to get set up and going and that’s a good thing.

Pros

I love the many templates that they have available. It speeds up the creation process rather than starting from scratch with saves lots of time!

Cons

Would be nice to have more customizations - like using AI as some of the other competitors have.

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

A lot mire easier to use with more interesting templates

Joseph from Upscaling Business

Industry: Market Research

Works great does exactly what I need.

Been great incredible pricing good content and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use can create business presentations easily

Cons

Had a bit of a learning curve to start thats it

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Needed presentations to be done quickly and effectively

Hendy from Soluvas

Really fast way to get a slide deck published

I really love this product as it saves my time presenting my ideas. The layouts currently available are limited, however they're getting the user experience right by enabling only essential customizations per slide layout. For each layout, there are also several variants, this part of UX that they also get right. Overall, Decktopus is really good for increasing productivity. I hope they continue to improve their product by adding more lead generation features, interactivity, analytics, integration with different apps via webhooks, Pabbly, etc. If they do, then this is not just a presentation tool but has huge potential.

Pros

Decktopus app saves my time, but really because of my own weakness. When trying to create a presentation using the usual software, a lot of time goes into thinking about the layout, about the design, about the positioning of certain elements, which take away the essence of the presentation itself: to express ideas. Decktopus allows me to do: express my ideas, without blocking me with non-essential details.

Cons

The interactive presentation features is pretty much non-existent and need to be developed. The use case is that the presenter will present Decktopus live in a virtual conference, and other participants can get a link to interact with this deck (e.g. polls), and the results/analytics will show in real-time in the presenter's slide.

Darryl from Moody Publishers

Industry: Publishing

Helps presentations look good

Have used regularly for presentations since getting it. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

PowerPoint can be overwhelming. Decktopus helps make presentations look good with their built-in designs. Options are more limited, and that is exactly what I wanted. It keeps things looking really good.

Cons

If you are looking for more options, this is not the software for you. If you are looking for well designed presentations, Decktopus is excellent.

Presentations look nicer

Petar from Q Institut

Very fast alternative to classic PowerPoint

I have started using Decktopus few months ago and it's honestly the best PowerPoint alternative I've seen in the past decade. I don't know how they do it, but they always have new templates that are on point. There's a template for everything from business presentations to ad campaigns! The best thing is that with one click you can change whole design without breaking anything.

Pros

The products is so easy to use. Furthermore it saves so much time. Instead of playing with ppt design, you can need your materials. The design is predefined, very modern and easily changeable to other templates via only one click.

Cons

The design could use some modernisation. The only thing missing is upload of your existing ppt file and using Decktopus then. This function is on the roadmap.

Chris from BenefitsAlly

Amazing Presentation Tool

Pros

Very easy to use with clean templates that resonate with buyers. Was very easy to create a new deck that is converting at a much higher rate.

Cons

The share links work but sometimes are blocked by my customers but it's easy to download and send the actual PDF>

Christian from Littoral

Great product !

Super product that i recommend to every business owner to save time and share professional presentation.

Pros

I like the fact that Decktopus is easy to use. We created presentation with their wonderful templates and it's easy to duplicate and make some adjustments and send it to our prospects and customers. Look sharp and professional !

Cons

A proposal section could be a really good idea (pricing tab). Also embedded codes could be fantastic (calendar links for example).

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Easier to manage and really good templates.

Decktopus User Review

Used Decktopus on latest project. Unlike many softwares, I really like how easy it to use and the platform is quite self-explanatory.

Pros

Ease of use. Very fluid and accessible.

Cons

Tool gets buggy while uploading media files which slows down overall process.

Reasons for Choosing Decktopus

Ease-of-use. Platform is understandable and self-explanatory.

Joachim from Plus Leader

Simplicity is its strength

I love this app as it is fresh, modern, simple, and powerful in many aspects. Its versatility and ease of use is just amazing!

Pros

It is easy to use, with a clean UI. No learning curve. We can embed any slideshow in any website. Alternatively we can send the slide link by email. There are templates but they are actually not really needed. We can easily design slides from the scratch. Download of the ready presentation into PDF/ PPT is possible for offline viewing. The design is super-modern. Analytics give us excellent insight on how the slides are used. Decktopus has recognized early that the slides are an excellent tool for marketing (lead generation). Means, we can have opt-in forms, CTA button etc. This versatility makes Decktopus outstanding, being able to use it for so many different purposes, like academic, private, informational, marketing, company profile, CV, annual report, and so many others.

Cons

We can't change much about the principle design patterns of the slides. However, this is simplicity by design. The tool was not created to substitute Powerpoint but to bring out something quick, easy, and modern. If somebody needs total control over the design, then better to use Powerpoint.

Reasons for Choosing Decktopus

Do to its power of simplicity, modern approach, and because of its different set of features.

I forget i have PowerPoint :)

I love because i can access to Decktopus on my way and I can edit my presanctions on tablet too. There customers support is great. I hope they will add more advance and modern templates to their presentation template library and add more storage options like able to add more 3rd party apps.

Pros

I can access to Decktopus on my way easy to build presentations customizable templates I got Onetime pay option was a money saver

Cons

Not enough modern templates too much tools inside dashboard no onboarding enough have many other free options

Dakota from Century 21 Wright Real Estate

Still getting into this...

Pros

Nice interface, lead integration, price, one-time purchase option.

Cons

Haven’t been able to get a demo going, website link won’t work.

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Looking for lead-integration in my PDF forms!

Adria from Adria Bryant Consulting

Stunning presentations!

That our presentation were signification to dectopolus. We are next level now

Pros

The resulting presentation s that are visually stunning

Cons

We had some difficulty implementing it with our decision program but was able to make it work

Amazing Service

Pros

I love how easy to use this service is and it helps with my presentations all the time. i dont need to use Microsoft as much, i think i prefer desktopus any day

Cons

i think customizing the templates could be made easier

Bikramjit from Accenture

Octopus - Genuine Timesaver

Pros

To be able to prepare quickly a solid presentation from the templates needed to present impactfully by just plug and play. I will also be joining a master's program in few months and I already play to present my thesis work from the templates provided in decktopus, create a questionnaire and collect feedback. What is also great is the sharing feature of my decks with my own domain name. Feedback capture is also much simpler. It allows me to automate stuff in one go.I will say it's genuinely elegant.

Cons

As of now, I did not see much of a disadvantage compared to other software. There may be conversation features added to convert google slides and ppt. I have not used that feature yet.

Mohamed from Hanbal Consulting

Great Stable Software and still has potential

Great experience and friendly team

Pros

The ease of use. The ability to control a lot of aspects of the presentation. The Analysis tool. You are capable of knowing what were the most attractive slides in the presentation based on how long the viewer spent reading them.

Cons

Currently, you are controlled by a specific amount of characters when you are adding text. I hope that they can give us the option to control the amount of text or the number of bullet points per slide that we would like to add.

Response from Decktopus

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much! We keep these limits to keep the slides clean. But of course, we value our users' opinions and we are always open to feedback & suggestions, you can reach out to us in our community (www.decktopus.com/community) Best regards, Decktopus family

Brian from Freelancer

Solid software for creating decks

Pros

Before this, i had to create decks with slow software. With decktopus, im speeding through these presentations

Cons

I would like some templates for proposals. That would really be great

Ashwin from Sound Truck Print Media

Destopus is your most trustable Presentation Partner!!!

Pros

The UI and ease of usage of themes and editing is a breeze!!!

Cons

Nothing as of now. Me and my team are enjoying using Desktopus as its time saving and easy.

Time Saver

I had plenty time of use Decktopus. I would like ease of use because Decktopus is time saver.

Pros

Ease of use was most liked feature for me. Also Integration with other application is very helpful.

Cons

Price can be regional. Foreign exchange can be problems for some regions.

Théodore from MBOA EDGE

Industry: Computer Networking

Goodness of Desktop

Pros

I really appreciated the image library and the footers, with the possibility of uploading your project online very easily.

Cons

I am satisfied for the moment if necessary I would not fail to call the support.

M. Olcay from UDA

Decktopus, my favourite presentation tool lately

Pros

My favourite features of Decktopus share with domain, deck history, and of course hustle free design options :)

Cons

Since most of the time, my presentations contains code snippets, I want to be able to embed my code snippet easily.

Malcolm from Malcolm Dewey Fine Art

Quick Online Presentation Software

Any promotion, lesson or landing page can benefit from a slick presentation and Decktopus makes this quick and simple to achieve.

Pros

Easy to find a good template and edit it. Sharing the presentation link or embedding it is very useful. Having the presentation in the cloud makes saving and storing the presentation simple. No worries about lost presentations or updates.

Cons

Load time and use is best with a fast internet connection. If you have spotty wifi it will be frustrating.

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

Less cumbersome and cost effective

Vinod from PGRT & associates

Simple effective and easy presentations software

Simply amazing and it's very easy to keep presentations attractive because of structure it has provided which stops u from committing design mistakes

Pros

Decktopus is simple effective and easy to make presentations software which u can use for education training and business purposes. You can embed your presentation on any website and can collaborate with others.

Cons

I expect chat feature in the near future

Simplicity

Reasons for Switching to Decktopus

I wanted to keep it simple and structured driven

Jori from Western Washington University

Love it!

Pros

The offline access and the ability to collaborate with others

Cons

If there were some more templates to use? But it’s great

Alexandre dos Santos from Parasitologia Clínica - UFRJ

Simple and useful!

It is easy to use and you have the presentation with beautiful design quickly and easily.

Pros

Decktopus is very easy to use and it has many predefined decks which give us very beautiful results.

Cons

It's not possible to import a former presentation. To not disturb visual results, there are some specific limitations on a number of items of each slide.

Ali from Clark County Food Bank

Industry: Fund-Raising

Decktopus

Pros

It was easy to use and made the presentations look so nice. I enjoyed the trial.

Cons

I didn’t want to pay for the software long term. So we switched programs.

Great presentation maker

Awesome, this software is worth purchasing

Pros

This software was simple to use. I easily matched my brand's color guidelines and was able to create a great looking and impactful presentation without the need for a designer.

Cons

I found that it could have allowed me to have more freedom in changing the templates.

Ameya from SkillSlate Foundation

Minimal approach | Saves Time

Pros

I like that this tool is dedicated to presentation. It will help me prevent my dependency on PowerPoint and will save time going back and forth for finding good templates

Cons

Some more templates and features such as animation, ability to export in ppt format are very much needed.

Sarah from Confidence Performance

Decktopus: 8/8

One word. Wow.

Pros

It was so easy to use and the customer service was just extraordinary!!!

Cons

There's so much stuff that it was just overwhelming for me. But I guess that's good for some people.

Natalie from McMaster University

Pretty Good!

Pros

I love the slide decks that they have available as I think that they can be extremely applicable, regardless of the presentation.

Cons

I felt that the price could be lowered because as a student, I am less inclined to be driven towards softwares that require payment to use it.

Emily from Client Obsession

Makes us look good!!!

Pros

The ease of use and the templates make it a slam-dunk.

Cons

Font choices are a little bit slim, but disabled

Chesleigh from Baylor Scott White

Decktopus Truths

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to acclimate.

Cons

It doesn't look modern enough. Would prefer newer styles.

Zunaid from Digitate

Industry: Information Services

Very easy to use presentation software

Great experience overall.

Pros

Because of the pre-defined themes and layout that Decktopus provides, you can very quickly create a presentation. Also, the ability to share the presentations online as well as see analytics are great features.

Cons

It would be great if the form feature allow more types of fields besides text fields e.g. radio options

Kyle from Selah

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Love it

Great

Pros

I use it every day with my team. Easy to use and works well

Cons

Some times can be slow. But that just might be

Melissa from Myxx

Great porduct!

Pros

Easy to navigate UI. Professional-looking templates.

Cons

would love more templates for marketing presentations.

Furkan from Delta Smart

Review Comments

Decktopus is a great product that always be up to date, provides new features often.

Pros

Ready-to designs make preparing process easier.

Cons

Color palettes. There must be lots of them to make me save time.

Arif Burak from DeltaSmart Technologies

Industry: Industrial Automation

Present the Future

Pros

Embedding lots of things are the best things about this app

Cons

Actually, I liked this software, Not see any vulnarability. However, it contains security issues

Hakan from Parta Networks

My Review

Pros

Decktopus provides lots of presentation templates.

Cons

Variety of presentation elements is not enough.