All PicMonkey Reviews

Design, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2020

Fantastic Web Based Design Functionality

I loved using PicMonkey when I managed another organization because I could delegate design projects to temporary workers or volunteers and they were able run with it. It is solid program for quick and dirty design projects. It is probably my favorite out of similar type programs.

PROS

Picmonkey is great for creative projects if you want a web based program. I like the functionality of using the browser or app, sharing a company account, syncing projects with colleagues and more. It offers many simple solutions that make using it quick and easy.

CONS

I ultimately left Picmonkey because I needed more robust design functionality so I embraced Adobe Illustrator.

Reason for choosing PicMonkey

I didn't want to teach everyone Illustrator and Picmonkey was a viable solution.

Picmonkey is better

Nikki

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Affordable photo editing software

I successfully edited many photos with picmonkey, and I created social media ads for my business. While there weren't as many tools as I wanted and the library wasnt as vast as I would like, I was happy with the outcome of my work on Picmonkey. I created our first logo with Picmonkey and customers complimented me on it many times.

PROS

Picmonkey provides most basic photo editing tools, crop, filter, collage maker, etc. A library of templates is available, to edit templates a drag and drop feature is provided. There is a faunt library and text can be manipulated with shadowing or curvature. Cloud storage is available and your Picmonkey files can be accessed from any device when you log in. Files can be shared to most social media or through email. Picmonkey is not hard to use, customer support is provided. Updates and improvements are made occasionally, recently background remover was added.

CONS

Picmonkey does not rank high for me in tools or library quality. I have used other software with many more editing tools provided, and more options within those tools (for example more filters in the filter tool). To download any of your work you'll need to pay for a subscription. The cheaper subscription on Picmonkey provides the same as the free version of other software.

Reason for choosing PicMonkey

Picmonkey was rated easy to use. I needed the new product to be something I could learn quickly as my business is dependent on this kind of software.

Reasons for switching to PicMonkey

My business temporarily came upon a time of financial strain and I needed a low cost alternative. Picmonkey listed many of the tools I needed for a lower price.

CEEJAY

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

Sorry for the breakup, Picmonkey.

At the time we were a good fit, but we ended up going our separate ways. Everyone likes certain things, and Picmonkey isn't bad its just not the best for me.

PROS

I jumped on Picmonkey several years ago, when I first started my entrepreneur journey. One of my success coaches told me to use it to create more "eye catching" posts. At the time it was the best option you had if you were trying to make more professional posts for whatever you were selling, or trying to promote. With easy to maneuver categories like Instagram posts, Highlight photo covers, YouTube Banners, etc it was a good option for the social media entrepreneurs trying to stand out from the crowd. But over the years I grew more and more impatient with Picmonkey. A lot of the best features were for premium accounts, and left the very basic features for free. At the time because it was the only option really around that was free and semi user friendly, for people who are professional photo editors or content creators. But that was just at that time....

CONS

As the years progressed and more competition came about I feel like Picmonkey hasn't really evolved. I ended up staying from the Picmonkey path and stumbled on Canva and just fell in love. I also pay for Picmonkey, but adore the FREE Canva software better. It wasn't me Picmonkey, it was you. For not making things easier or better for me. I found value elsewhere.

Jéssica

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

I love picmonkey

I use picmonkey and recommend it to anyone who likes photography, the editing, realistic backgrounds and wonderful cost are the best.

PROS

Simply one of the best apps for photo editing and design.

CONS

Cost should be more benefit and would like more realistic funds

Asdrúbal Javier

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Picmonkey is an excellent tool to edit your photos easily ...!!!

Picmonkey has been a great tool in my work, it has introduced new dynamics for work, and it has been useful even in my family, since my nephews use it to create their images, every day I think that this type of programs while more flexible, They are better.

PROS

In principle picmonkey is a super easy to use and intuitive image editor type tool, this tool has a variety of options that allows you to work smoothly and quickly, has options to cut, create adjustments to the image, add stickers, resize images and even make designs, it has a variety of presets that help your photo look super cool, I like this tool also because I can create my collage, add text among other things, and most importantly it has lots of tutorials with what you can clarify your doubts, is the type of programs that you do not need to be a professional to use it, but if you wanted to use it professionally you could, apart from talking about the price since it is cheap compared to other publishers, the work is automatically saved what Allow nothing to be erased from what you are doing, nothing worse than wasting all the time created, that is why I love this program.

CONS

The only thing I can say about this program is that it has a problem with large formats, it should be possible to import and export large-scale sizes which would make it more attractive, it usually has errors when you enter a high quality medium file.

Reasons for switching to PicMonkey

I did not make changes, I simply use the 2 tools for different things, each one gives me a necessary bonus for the job.

Brielan

Animation, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2019

PicMonkey Review

PROS

PicMonkey is a great simple editing software for beginners. Even as a professional, I often turn to Picmonkey for cool fonts that I don't need to worry about tracking down on my own. I love the wide variety of effects one can use without needing to have an indepth knowledge of photo editing or illustrating.

CONS

It is a bit simplistic for any professional, and any feature and more on Picmonkey could be created in Photoshop.

Reasons for switching to PicMonkey

Gimp was too difficult to use for basic edits.

Holli

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

PIC Monkey

I'm satisfied with the ease of use and different features for the price. I dont need support very much so I dont have to contact customer service just yet lol. My good friend has had a couple of times that she got no response at all.

PROS

Picmonkey has alot of cool features such as, fonts, backgrounds, templates, collages, filters and a ton more! To much to mention hehehe.

CONS

There is no phone support for Picmonkey. And email takes them 2 days to respond. And twice they disnt respond at all

Reasons for switching to PicMonkey

More options available that suits my line of work

1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Nice site for people who want graphic design layouts done for them

I used PicMonkey for a year but finances dictated that I needed to stop.

PROS

Very easy to use. Lots of great templates and ideas for social media ads. Plenty of images and tools available.

CONS

I don't have any complaints with it. I enjoyed using it very much and when I have the funds to continue, I probably will.

Reasons for switching to PicMonkey

Seemed quicker and easier to use PicMonkey. However, GIMP is free, and I fell back on using that.

Thank you for your review!

Replied June 2021

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Used to be a lot better

I was making advertisements and photo collages for Facebook for a small jewelry business.

PROS

I like that I can make fun photo collages and ads for the jewelry store where I work without paying for it.

CONS

I feel like when I first started using PicMonkey you could do a lot more for free, and now you have to pay for it. Although at 7.99 a month it isn't too pricey if you're using it frequently.

Reasons for switching to PicMonkey

Because Gimp was becoming too complex for what I wanted.

Arianna

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Covers all the basics

Very pleased with the facility overall. You can achieve very satisfying works of art with simple steps and a range of tools. Takes little to learn how to make the most of each feature. Would suit basic to slightly more complex users.

PROS

Very easy to use, several templates, intuitive implementation.

CONS

Lack of tutorials, no advanced features (if you need more professional/elaborate results).

Reason for choosing PicMonkey

Quicker to implement and put to work, user friendly layout,

1 employee

Reviewed September 2018

Easy-to-Use Picture Editing with Tons of Features

With the help of PicMonkey, my blogs are more interesting and well-received. It has helped me to gain several hundred followers and make new friends.

PROS

I blog, with lots of pictures. I tried to learn Adobe's picture software, and it was just way too much work for me. PicMonkey is mostly intuitive. There are two features I especially like: When all I want is to correct color, brighten, etc., I use the first option called "Auto Adjust." That usually does the trick and I am ready to export and post the picture. The second feature involves cutting something out of a second picture to add to the original. Just click on the "graphics" butterfly on the left side, then use the "add your own" feature. It will bring in whatever picture you choose from several sources and give you the option to erase anything you don't want in the picture, then place what's left where you want it in the original. Very nice. Additionally, there is a good collage section with lots of choices. I also like that a picture can be saved to PicMonkey to be changed again or added to a collage. They also have "Touch Up" and "Design" sections that I have not used.

CONS

PicMonkey does not have drag and drop. It would be easier if they would add this feature because I am so used to doing things that way. I also wish that I could jump from Picture Editing to Collage without exiting first.

Michelle

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Make your photos stand out!

You can specifically edit your Facebook cover photo or even photos for intended Instagram posts with PicMonkey. Social media isn't going away anytime soon and it is fun to make your photos look the best they possibly can.

PROS

There are many photo editing programs out there and I have certainly tried a lot of them. I have to say that PicMonkey is by far my favorite. It is a great program for beginners, or anyone who really hasn't edited photos before. You do not need any previous experience of photo editing to be able to use PicMonkey. I have an online business and I have used PicMonkey to create banners, crop and edit photos of my product, as well as add fonts. I love that you can import your own fonts. It allows you to make whatever you are creating much more customizable and to tailor it to your preference. The "Auto Adjust" feature works great to fix a photo that needs the color corrected or brightened with a single click. I use PicMonkey to create the flyer I put in each product I ship out and I have received some excellent feedback on the quality of the photos on this flyer. I use the collage feature specifically, allowing me to have the maximum number of pictures of different products for sale on a single page. I have been able to edit my photos from simple to eyecatching with this software. I have also used PicMonkey to edit family photos and upload them to create calendars. This past Christmas I created two calendars this way and they were great Christmas presents for my parents and in-laws.

CONS

You only get a 7 day trial before you have to commit to purchase. Another con is that you can only upload or download images one at a time. If I am trying to upload multiple photos onto a template, there is no option to choose all 30 at once and I think they should fix this feature.

Brian

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2018

Great Cross-browser Platform for Photo and Image-editing Anytime and Anywhere!

Overall, PicMonkey is still a useful and great tool. For the untrained in graphic arts, it is going to be easy, fast to pick up with given tutorials and tips readily available within PicMonkey. You can work anywhere and anytime on any browser on any OS platforms without having to worry about compatibility issues on software and hardware. It should be a smooth ride!

PROS

Personally, I had used PhotoShop and many other graphic tools. PicMonkey is one of them as well. I do find it a fantastic tool, second to Canva. (other more popular online graphic design tool) It also has got an affordable price point compared to Canva or Snappa. (another less popular graphic editing tool) If you don't want to invest too much on a heavy-duty program like PhotoShop that contains a lot of features, PicMonkey maybe a better alternative for you. It contains a slick and fast user interface to work with. It also has got less functions than PhotoShop, but it is easy to use and master the basics. Moreover, it offers great flexibility in terms of opening up images saving them from various storage media.

CONS

PicMonkey offers only a miserable 7-day trial. I was hoping they would give us a longer trial period. At the least, a 14-day trial will be so much better. Well, freebies always come with constraints, I guess. And also that banner advertisements in the software interface that can distract your attention if you are using a FREE account. I also discovered that there is no upload of custom logos or graphics option in the software. As you will experience, anything that is designed to give you great productivity and ease of use, will limit your customisation needs and constrain your workflows and ideas. E.g. I found that moving and placing images are constrained by the nodes (points) of the selected object or text. It is not so free and flexible compared to doing the same thing in PhotoShop though.

Sue

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Great photo editing

I used PicMonkey for my business photos. I sold jewelry online so it was imperative my photos were spot on, showed the actual color and texture of the pieces, didn't have shadows or blemishes in the background. I could crop and add text such as sizes or special features. I can enhance a models lip or eye color and add sparkle or a multitude of other features available. Change the exposure, enhance certain colors, make black and white, resize and sharpen images and rotate photos. This software does so much more than I used it for but it certainly covered all the bases when it came to what I needed. And the price is unbeatable when it comes to editing software.

PROS

No download so it can be used without taking up PC space. The vast amount of editing features are great for business and personal use, kids love it too. There really isn't anything I couldn't do of fix. Import photos to make collages, add text, change backgrounds, fix photos or just jazz up an image. It was easy to learn unlike so many of the expensive editor software and the price is great.

CONS

There's limited help although some of the features have tips available as you use them.

Tyler

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2019

A great Canva alternative!

PROS

I'm a graphic designer that is very comfortable using more powerful design tools (Adobe suite of programs), but sometimes this is overkill. In situations where I need to put together a relatively simple graphic for social media or etc, it's nice to be able to turn to a program that's simpler, more streamline, and very easy to use. That's where PicMonkey comes it. It's a feature rich, intuitive way to quickly create images and designs. They've got a great set of templates for a variety of projects, or you can go from scratch. It's cut a lot of time out of my work day, by allowing me to whip things up that just simply would take me longer using other tools.

CONS

Like many of these online design tools, if you're not careful it is easy to fall into the trap of churning out stuff that feels very over done. Templates are both a blessing and a curse. Spend enough time online and you'll be able to start picking out images that were created using PicMonkey, Canva, and others. I'd recommend starting with a template, but then really putting in the effort to make it unique. It'll take a bit longer, but still less time than going from scratch in Adobe Illustrator or etc, and will be uniquely yours. On the template point, it can also feel a bit restrictive at times. There's a good selection with PicMonkey, but if you are needing to create something and there just isn't a template that is similar enough, you may have to calculate whether going from scratch is worth you're time, as editors like these are usually a bit more finicky to work with from scratch than something like the Adobe suite.

Meheza

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

the solution to adopt

It offers many free features and it is very easy to start using it. It is very easy to create text graphics and it offers a lot of free options. I've used it a lot to create graphics for my blog and brand, and it's a great tool! I highly recommend you check it out!

PROS

PicMonkey is a great product, and the latest update really helps me speed up my workflow. The best new feature is the ability to edit each layer separately, which is very helpful when creating graphics with multiple layers. This latest update gives me all the features I need and a little more, so I get my money's worth.

CONS

PicMonkey is designed to be a one-stop photo editing tool. It has some interesting features, but it lacks some features that would make it stand out among the many other similar tools out there.

Gede Ananda

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Quick edit never been easier

At first, I found this software when I was in the Airport when suddenly my client need to make some simple revision, at that time I don't bring my laptop with me and only got my tablet. I feel a little bit hesitant to buy the monthly membership for 7 dollars, thanks to the Trial Version it convinced me to buy the membership. If you need to do a quick edit like add a text, invert the color or move the image object this app is an answer.

PROS

I recommend this app to beginner graphic designer because this app makes editing like playing some minigames, it's fun and simple. The user interfaces the last time I used it is so Clean and simple, people without any basic knowledge of editing can use this. There's lot of great features in the paid version. Overall great apps to edit your picture if you not a tech-savvy guy or just started into graphic design

CONS

To be honest, because of the monthly subscription a lot of people will be looking down at this app, the Trial Version not helping much. I hope instead Picmonkey will be available in some Free Version way

Bianca