• Pros

• "- Has jira integration! - Has the bubble charts for drivers (rating system) - not expensive"

• "The ability to hold priority poker sessions - it's a great way of prioritising product ideas with the team. "

• "* the good UI, easy to understand and use * the possibility to configure the and weight the different parameters that are relevant for prioritization "

• Cons

• "Airfocus runs really smoothly, however, I wish there were some more import options. Other than that I have no issues. "

• "Reporting capabilities were lack luste and need some improvements."

• "Nothing immediately comes to mind. It will take you a short while to get it set up and for the team to be used to it, but the investment is well worth it."

Browse Airfocus Reviews

Cameron from Boston Consulting Group

Airfocus Review

Airfocus is helping our team organize our project activities into Sprints in the Kanban board as well as giving us a high-level overview in the Gantt Roadmap. The Priority Chart is a cool feature which is allowing us to evaluate projects based on voting/ranking. Overall our experience with Airfocus was been very positive.

Pros

The first thing my team and I liked most about this software is that it covers all the bases for project management: Gantt roadmap, Kanban board and the Priority Chart. The second thing we liked most was how easy it was to use and how it effortlessly integrated into Trello. The customization was the icing on the cake; it allows you to create custom weights for your items and then graphs those items in the Priority Chart which gives a nice high-level overview of your activities in terms of priority. My team was very impressed with this functionality. Finally, the customer service has been outstanding. Representative, their head of marketing & sales has promptly responded to every question and even took a call on short notice to help us address a couple of hiccups which their dev team quickly resolved.

Cons

At the moment Airfocus does not have a dependency feature, which would be great for the Gantt roadmap. Having a visual dependency link between items would make Airfocus and one-stop-shop for all things project management. However, representative has told me that this functionality should be available very soon. One other potential con is, depending on the size of your business, the cost of the editor license. It´s not cheap but for the scale and duration of my team´s projects, it certainly has been worth it so far.

Same reason as above.

Yoann from Stratumn

Such a complete product

Pros

The design is really user-friendly. Even if there are lots of features and information, we can easily find what we're looking for. I also really appreciated the chart view (which is my preferred feature) and the priority poker.

Cons

I cannot manage to find a notification system, as we have the ability to comment and interact with people. Moreover, it would be great to have more dependencies options between tasks. Currently we just have the choice between "This item blocks..." and "This item is blocked by...". Could be cool to have dependencies like "Duplicates...", "Caused by...", "Fixes..." etc. Finally, I think that the scoring set-up is a little bit complex, because too complete. According to me, there are too many options. And the ability to set up the importance and weight of every notation would only be a powerful point if properly configured (which can be complicated at a first glance).

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

Because of the overall design and features, especially chart view and priority poker.

MIKE from Dealer Inspire

Easy to Use but Missed Some Simple Features

Overall while sometimes frustrating the tool meets the simple needs for what I require.

Pros

Very easy to use and customize to tell the appropriate story

Cons

There are some simple misses, what seems like very simple feature development and items that should be considered as part of an MVP (minimally viable product) should have been deployed by now.

Mike from ChurchSpring

A great help for prioritizing your development roadmap

Our overall experience has been a fairly good one. Our team was pretty excited to see the voting feature and the chart view. We thought it was helpful. Like I mentioned above, I believe it took me a little too much digging to figure out what to do after signing up.

Pros

The items and chart sections are my most frequently visited sections. I use the items view to see the prioritized list of projects and their scores and the chart view has been helpful to visualize and highlight the quick win projects. Your integration with Asana (and other project management platforms) is brilliant. It helped us get our data in quickly which helps our adoption rate of your product, and it helps us be efficient because we don't have to update information in multiple spots

Cons

I think educating your customers could be improved. You may have a lot of helpful content, but it wasn't at the forefront of my onboarding experience. For our business we use ActiveCampaign for our email automations and we setup an "onboarding sequence" that gives our users a nugget of help each day for the first 7 days (during their trial) to educate them on how to setup their websites with us. Those emails have a video tutorial for each feature which seems to really help. We've learned that the more information the user inputs into our system, the more likely they are to continue using it, which reduces our churn greatly. It seems you have a great product but I would really like to understand it more so I get the value out of it.

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

It integrated with Asana and I liked the interface over many of the others.

Brian from all5ive

Get started quickly!

Positive. Our biggest pain point is communicating vision, roadmap, and product releases. Airfocus allows us to do this at a strategic-level while tapping into our team-level kanban boards, where attention meets intention. The product is intuitive and augmented by inline customer support. You really feel there is a dedicated team behind you, and the post-sales support call furthers this sentiment.

Pros

The Timeline and Scoring features make prioritization, which most companies/teams can struggle with, easy to do. It's also nice to have bi-direction sync to everyday third-party products (trello/jira).

Cons

I'd like to see the pricing model change to allow for unlimited contributors. The value of this product is inclusion. That said, I'm looking forward to the public portal feature (Q3).

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

Ease of use, better fit for our company, and the customer support.

Serge from Hamburg Energie GmbH

Industry: Utilities

Fresh breeze for prioritization

Using air.focus mainly for keeping users and stakeholders in touch with our Software development process. Its chart view and timeline are easy to read and interpretate. Screenshots from air.focus can be used for quaterly presentations in Front of the stakeholders on the management level.

Pros

can be used as a power-up for Trello, good seamless integration with Trello, synchronization works well between the two, motivates users of our software products to contribute and clarify their requests for features, high learning curve for editors (Team internal) and contributers (external), clear message with regard to the commitment point (which features will be implemented by the Team)

Cons

adding a criteria leads to losing scoring for all items, value axis of a criteria cannot be scaled after its definition

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

Mainly using it for stakeholder management and communication with stakeholders and users. JIRA has a lot more features, but air.focus comes along more handy/suitable for communication needs.

Rob from Prodege, LLC

Roadmaps Reimagined

I loved how quickly they responded to my set-up (team-related questions) issues. They have well-deserved confidence in their product and they were happy to let me share the product (for a limited amount of time) with other co-workers to get company buy-in for the purchase.

Pros

A the kids say, It is intuitive asf. It required almost little to no time to familiarize myself with the feature set and how to make use of them which is rare in a new piece of software.

Cons

Well I understand the reasons why, it is not all that easy to share/collaborate with teams outside of your product group.

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

The product is simply better and more versatile while being easy to use.

Airfocus brought much-needed objectivity in how we prioritize our projects

Pros

Airfocus is magic, because it allowed my growth team to not work on the latest, shiniest idea. It allowed me to get my team to think more objectively about what projects will actually make the most impact.

Cons

I think onboarding could be a lot easier so I don't have to spend much time walking folks through how to use it.

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

I originally was looking to use Product Planner as a tool and stumbled upon Airfocus. To my surprise, it had a more effective way to more scientifically rate and prioritize projects. I love how easy it is to customize these values as well. The visual of showing what projects are low value and low impact has made conversations with my feature team and even leadership much easier.

Guillem from Nauta Capital

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Really good product for remote teams

We are using it to manage the development of our internal technology platform. It works really well to create a backlog of feature requests and ideas that we want to implement. We then prioritize them collaboratively and introduce them into our roadmap.

Pros

Very useful for remote teams. The collaboration features are very useful. Very intuitive and easy to set up. UX/UI is very good. I really like the timeline view

Cons

One feature that is still missing: Public roadmaps with the option to upvote and downvote features

Align your teams around the roadmap

Pros

Being able to share links with live views of the roadmap, timeline, task list is great. Being able to score features and functions on different, bespoke criteria, means that only the features that are going to move the needle make their way into development.

Cons

Being able to bulk score, i.e. these 10 features all score an 8 would be useful, currently you have to score each on individually.

Jennifer from ProGlove

airfocus review

I think rep was very helpful, which made the whole trial experience much nicer for us.

Pros

It's easy to use, which makes it great for when you need to onboard new team members - the other tools were too complicated to use for what we needed at the moment The Board view is exactly what we needed for our roadmap The timeline feature is also very useful for our Hardware teams Aesthetics was also a very big reason why we decided to use this tool I also like that we can customize the value indicators

Cons

The one major thing I noticed, is that it's hard to close / archive a full month (column) in the Board view. You are only allowed to delete it, and then you have to archive all the cards. I think there are some key features missing: * I wish we could see links for all the previous share views set up, not just the API key, this doesn't help * I wish we could edit the settings we had for all previous share views * I wish we could link workspaces so that I could make smaller workspaces but still see an overview of all workspaces * I wish there was a way to save the custom colors and assign color to JIRA integrations so that I don't have to re-color everything everytime I have new items coming in

See pros list.

Response from airfocus

Replied October 2019

Hi Jennifer, Thanks so much for your helpful feedback. I created feature requests from your feedback and hope to get most of it done soonish. All points make complete sense. Please find them on our public roadmap: http://bit.ly/airfocus-roadmap. Please also get in touch via chat, whenever you have questions or feedback.

Rishi from Euro Car Parts

Fantastic, simple and clear tool to see the wood from the tree's in our complex roadmaps

Pros

On boarding of an existing list of items is very easy, the custom tags allow you to group features/items so that when deciding on next set of improvements and functions, you can achieve economies of scale. The swim lane style structure really helps us visualise where we are, what we have prioritised, and what we have completed allowing easy to create presentations for stakeholders when communicating roadmaps and progress.

Cons

I'm not sure the feature voting function is something we will use, and it would be great to have a MoSCoW feature. The user roles and permissions also need evolving, change history would be extremely handy and a function to allow you to create unique ticket ID's would be fantastic, but these are improvements more then dislikes.

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

UI, features, license discount and collaboration with the AirFocus team.

Irma from IPS

Great tool for product managers

In general I am satisfied with it. Looking forward to seeing more improvements from the team.

Pros

I like that it gives option to create customized boards, ability to create customized tags for each board and also to create different ratings on each card per user value, financial benefit and also time for delivery. This helps me a lot when it comes to creating a priorities for next features to be delivered. I very much so like and use the preview of items that represent small wins and those that are to be dropped for now.

Cons

I did not like that I experienced kind of distability. Occasionally it is not working or it stops work and I am changing browsers to make it work.

Simon from Syrinix Ltd

Industry: Utilities

New User

Very satisfied and I will be taking on an editor subscription in order to keep using this product.

Pros

The software attachs well with Trello and gives the needed outputs that Trello does not provide alone, turning one data input into many useful visuals for use in managing tasks and projects while briefing at many levels.

Cons

Takes a while to get to grips with set ups for functionality, not as intuitive as I would like but then as I learn to adapt in my inputs this will be less of an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

The whole company rapidly became familiar with the use of airfocus and its visuals, added to the existing use of Trello within the company, this made a simple addition with excellent results, the trial period allowed it to become the experienced go to software. Your marketing plan worked just as it should with a very good product.

Joel from Cohort Go

Not expensive and sleek

Pros

Cons

- doesn't have open voting for team/customers.

Sigrid from MVL VOF

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Ready-set-go!

it's really "ready-set-go" and with learning the possibilities you can give more input and receive more output you can start small and build it up very intuitive

Pros

Easy to define features and link them to teams and epics Able to define the values and put a score on it. Even able to change them later on without much effort. Visualisation of the features on the chart gives you a great overview and information Timeline is easy to manage without to much needed information

Cons

still need to find cons. Sometimes you have to finetune or rethink some things, but it's not that you have to start from scratch.

Mariana from Cherrydeck

Amazing and beautiful project management and roadmapping tool

We do our complete marketing planning with airfocus. It's very easy and time efficient.

Pros

I really love the visualized priority charts. Haven't seen something like this before. airfocus is easy to use and makes our planning simple.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. It could be a bit less time consuming to copy manually added items to another workspace. But I guess that is an edge case.

Kultida Yee from Cherrydeck

Awesome tool for marketing planning

Pros

airfocus is by far one of the most sophisticated prioritization solutions I've tried that is still easy to use. I also really like that you can share and discuss the projects with a remote team.

Cons

It'd be nice to have an undo button. So far I've not felt the need to use it, but I think it can be a useful feature to have.

brendan from THINX

Necessary for all modern product teams

Pros

As the person who runs product and engineering at our organization, there are requests coming in from every department for features, updates, and new products/pages. Being able to build a prioritization framework that the entire org is bought into that I can share with everyone has been invaluable. The entire team can now see our roadmap and why we're working on certain things. We built a google form to ingest requests, which creates an asana and airfocus task. We then enter their scores for impact, and our scores for effort and other teams can clearly see where their projects fall on the prioritization list. It's made conversations about bandwidth so much easier and made our teams work more transparent.

Cons

Currently, there is no way to have multiple frameworks inside a single project. It's also a bit expensive on a per-user basis.

Response from airfocus

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the inspiring feedback. Love the Form/Asana/airfocus workflow. We're soon gonna launch master roadmaps. This will hopefully help you.

Product Roadmapping with AirFocus

Overall we have really taken to AirFocus as a company and are using it across our organization's functions. The ease of use, nice UI, and ability to rank features is what makes it most impactful for us.

Pros

I like how this software is simple to use for Product Roadmapping - my main use case as Chief Product Officer. One feature that really stands out for me with AirFocus is the ability to define a weighting scale and weight your features. The view that shows you most important to least important features is very helpful in making decisions on what to prioritize on your roadmap.

Cons

I'd like to see more fine grained user controls (along with more user tracking of who makes what changes on the roadmap). There have been a few instances where other users changed my roadmap (we also use it for business/tech roadmapping) and it wasn't easy to tell what was changed.

Response from airfocus

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the inspiring and helpful review. We're already working on a granular item history/change log. 100% understood that this is needed. All the best.

Christoph from VW

Great tool for prioritizing projects, ideas and product features. A must have for decision-makers!

Pros

Easy set up, you're good to go within minutes. Also love the Jira and Trello sync! Very helpful is the set of provided templates to get started. Visualization alternatives (chart, board and timeline view) are great. Great overall user experience and easy to use.

Cons

I don't totally agree with the differentiation between user groups in terms of features: why shouldn't a single user need Jira and Trello integration?

Jason from ClockShark

Great roadmap planning tool

Good product and quick responses on support questions. Very happy with the product.

Pros

The Trello integration and timeline features are most useful to me.

Cons

The board portion isn't something we use much, since we have Trello.

Florian from HolidayCheck AG

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good and easy Tool for Product Prioritization

Pros

Cons

* features like the chart tool are not configurable * minor UI bugs, especially on smaller screensizes (not scrolling possible, relevant information not in viewport)

John from Nexium Telecommunications

Simple but effective

Pros

Was easy to setup and build a road map of existing products the team is working on

Cons

Missing a few features we would like such as adding tasks to the road map items and creating dependencies

Hanna from Stripo.email

Best roadmapping software

Helps to visualize our goals

Pros

Quick roadmap creation and clear interface

Cons

Freemium unavailable. That's sad but I wouldn't switch to some other service.

Philippe from BCT

Great for prioritizing the product development cycle.

Would highly recommend. For this price it's actually a no-brainer for every business that wants to set their priorities right.

Pros

As a compnay we were struggling with prioritizing and answering the 'what's next?' question. Airfocus is a great tool to help you do this in a transparant and convenient way.

Cons

These guys are working really hard and the software gets updated on a regular bases. At the moment we are just missing some simple editing (copy, move,...) features, but they are already on the roadmap.

Airfocus review

Pros

It is the easiest way to have a prioritization system that can be customized.

Cons

Lack of basic standard software features.

Sam from CUA

Overall good software

Was good to be able to communicate with staff/help via the chat, where I gave feedback on new features - that was good. Overall the software seems reliable and easy to use. Could do with more robust feature set. But what it does, it does well and simply.

Pros

Easy to use and understand. Interface and UI is simple.

Cons

Could have more features. Sometimes doesn't quite work as I want/thought it would.

Louis from Cherrydeck

airfocus has really helped us prioritise and make the right product decisions in the last few months

Pros

One of my favorite things about airfocus was the setup process the wizard really guided me through it and I was able to easily setup the software the way I wanted to. The bubble charts are a big help when it comes to discussing prioritization in-between teams when everyone has a different focus.

Cons

When I share a roadmap with a link, I would like to be able to set filters for the receiving persons view of the roadmap.

Martin from pd46

Trial period

I had been using a similar, proprietary tool in my previous work in a consulting and system integration company. Therefore using the tool was very straightforward and easy. I like the different view, which give you different angles of what one is planning. Unfortunately I could only spend little time using the tool, so I could not evaluate if the tool would be strong enough for my day to day job.

Pros

- chart view - customer support - integration with Trello

Cons

- price - tasks created in airfocus need to be added manually to Trello - features with similar scores overlap in chart view and become impossible to read

Stephen from DealerSocket

Overall, great tool. They've been responsive and helpful.

Pros

Easy of use. The prioritization tool is awesome. The interface is very intuitive. I really like seeing the roadmap with the score on it.

Cons

The chat support is sometimes not very quick to respond. There are a couple features that would make this product even better, like the ability to role multiple items up to a larger item.

Evan from Information Technology and Services

Great for product road mapping

Airfocus has been really helpful in helping us prioritize what we build and promoted better product management practices in our business.

Pros

My product team uses airfocus to scope potential features. It's slick and works really well. We particularly like the chart that demonstrates because it gives a quick overview of which features we should be directing our energy to and which ones we should cut. this also promotes the right behaviours among the team when considering features.

Cons

Can take a bit of getting used to, and one of the team had to invest a lot of time into setting it up. Using it a Jira separately can be a bit of a chore, but maybe the Jira integration can help with this?

Wera from AXA

Intuitive and surprisingly strong strategy platform

Pros

Airfocus is an incredibly useful tool when it comes to scoring and planning of high level projects. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The set-up of my first scoring-document took me about 10 minutes.

Cons

So far, I haven't experienced any issues using airfocus. I hope they implement the CSV-Import feature soon.

Philipp from Cherrydeck

I have used airfocus since beta launch

Pros

The results are very well in line with what I think is relevant for a successful roadmap. It also uses well know blueprints, which makes it really easy to understand for people with business backgrounds.

Cons

Its a little hard in the beginning and you have to dig in at least 15 minutes to get some valid results.

Daniil from HelpCrunch

Best decision by far

Definitely recommend especially if you in search of something, that drives you within the project goals.

Pros

We use Jira, Trello, and Zapier. It was so easy to integrate these tools and as result it took off some work and made daily stuff easier.

Cons

I really had not faced issues using the tool as well as my team members.

Just perfect!

Better decision more quickly.

Pros

Easy to use! Easy to implement! Simply a great way to make better decisions quickly! We use it all the time.

Cons

Jira integeration is a little tideous and lacks full integattion. We espeically would like to map epics and story points. Betterment is under development!

Syrus A. from Vitl

Great tool for Product Managers

Pros

Ability to tie product initiatives back to overall product timelines.

Cons

Price could be lower, and also better integration with Jira and other tools

Maryna from Snovio

Must-have tool for product teams

Helps to visualize our goals

Pros

I like that our product teams has all data in one tool. Import from Jira is done with a few clicks.

Cons

Setting up the Jira itegration for the first time is a bit tricky. You need Jira admin status for that.

Bertrand from Simpler Trading

Great tool! The configuration is not overwhelming.

Pros

A very intuitive user interface. Access to key functionality is easy, the user does not have to dig for it.

Cons

As a new tool, it is lacking certain features and I know the team is working hard getting those in.

Yazan from Userpilot

Helps keep us on track

Very happy with the overall experience I had with Airfocus.

Pros

In a world where products are becoming more and more user-centric, Airfocus gives your team the ability to focus on what really matters. While there exists many other products that can help with planning the product feature rollouts, none actually gives you the power that Airfocus does. Their scoring system is very intuitive and can help you prioritize the updates/features based on a number of factors.

Cons

A bit of a steep learning curve as the use case changes with different user personas.

Simple and easy-to-use interface

Pros

It’s easy to use and it provides enough flexibility in a visual and intuitive way.

Cons

The quadrant matrix visualization could be further improved with better functionality, especially when it comes to displaying labels of each project/data point

Ivanna from Weblium

Tool I have been looking for

Great integrations with Jira, which saves us tons of time.

Pros

Easy to use tool for product teams, no special assistance required.

Cons

There is no activity stream. I hope they implement it soon.

Manoj from UrbanWiz Communications

The Best Prioritisation Tool for your Business Decision

I am looking for similar tools (cheaper or free) for last 3 months, have done many google searches but not been able to find the same. Let me know if you find one :)

Pros

I have been trying various road map prioritisation tool, but airfocus stands out as clutter free decision making and visualisation tool. If your pain point is decision making this is the tool. If you need stuff like sprints, try Hygger or ora.

Cons

Pricing is steep for a freelancer like me, thought the support gave me a discount, but I couldn't keep up and had to cancel subscription.

Great tool!

Pros

It is really easy to use and most likely that anyone without any knowledge will be able to work with this tool

Cons

it should have more integrations to other tools.

Julia from Jusbrasil

Industry: Law Practice

Legal review

Very good!

Pros

The possibility of diferente charts for view.

Cons

Delay integration with Trello for status.

Reasons for Choosing Airfocus

Cost and charts possibilities.

Anne from Revegy

Great tool for scoring, quick and easy

Pros

It ties into Trello and that is where we have all our enhancement requests. To get Trello data into Airfocus was very easy. Took 5-10 minutes. The scoring calculation was easy too. Overall we like the tool.

Cons

Manual scoring - although easy still time consuming. I wish our attributes in Trello would feed the scoring. In Trello we have already noted Development effort and other items. It would be nice if that tied and fed the scoring automagically.

Philipp from Lightspeed

Great UX and incredibly useful

Pros

It`s so simple but has crazy impact. It`s not supposed to make decisions for you but you might rethink your priorities after using it.

Cons

Nothing really as it perfectly complements our Trello workflows. We host a monthly strategy meeting. One thing that would be fantastic to give everyone in that meeting a way to secretly score our projects. Once everyone is done, an average value should be uncovered. That way everyone gets his vote. All in all a great user experience.

Martin from Oriflame Software

Smart tables

Pros

Easy to use Visual way how to transform sheets to database-like tables

Cons

Price and limited or blocked features after trial :-)

Andreas from eWoolution Holding GmbH

Überragende Priority Matrix und außergewöhnlicher Support

Pros

Airfocus hebt sich besonders durch die sehr ausgereifte UI von seinen Wettbewerbern ab. Nützlich ist die Priority Matrix, die oft interessante Erkenntnisse liefert. Im Alltag nutzen wir überwiegend die Timeline-Funktion, die viele Gliederungsoptionen bietet. Hervorzuheben ist der überragende Support, der den Namen wirklich verdient.

Cons

Wünschenswert wären Check- bzw. To-Do-Listen innerhalb von Items.

James from Fusion Sport

Great app

Pros

- It's very easy to start using with the templates. - Does it's one thing (prioritisation) well without having to have a full blown project management solution - Integrations are a good start - Customer support is fantastic

Cons

- Can be clunky to use at times (that is getting better) - Would like to be able to automate status/colour/groupings based on actions - Two way links to Jira would be great