Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The Gantt Chart is good, and a functionality that trello doesn't have."
  • icon"The scoring calculation was easy too. Overall we like the tool."
  • icon"The 'Prioritisation Poker' feature was also good for feature prioritisation, and I liked the visual matrix of feature priorities by value and cost."
  • icon"That's sad but I wouldn't switch to some other service."
  • icon"I found some issues when scrolling in Firefox where the scroll wheel would not scroll. I had to use the drag bar."
  • icon"And also I can't trace history version or activities, so if someone did something wrong in my team, we need to manually fix it."

Have you used airfocus and would like to share your experience with others?

All airfocus Reviews

Mariana

Amazing and beautiful project management and roadmapping tool

We do our complete marketing planning with airfocus. It's very easy and time efficient.

Pros

I really love the visualized priority charts. Haven't seen something like this before. airfocus is easy to use and makes our planning simple.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. It could be a bit less time consuming to copy manually added items to another workspace. But I guess that is an edge case.

Yoann

Such a complete product

Pros

The design is really user-friendly. Even if there are lots of features and information, we can easily find what we're looking for. I also really appreciated the chart view (which is my preferred feature) and the priority poker.

Cons

I cannot manage to find a notification system, as we have the ability to comment and interact with people. Moreover, it would be great to have more dependencies options between tasks. Currently we just have the choice between "This item blocks..." and "This item is blocked by...". Could be cool to have dependencies like "Duplicates...", "Caused by...", "Fixes..." etc. Finally, I think that the scoring set-up is a little bit complex, because too complete. According to me, there are too many options. And the ability to set up the importance and weight of every notation would only be a powerful point if properly configured (which can be complicated at a first glance).

Reasons for choosing airfocus

Because of the overall design and features, especially chart view and priority poker.

Reasons for switching to airfocus

Because I don't really like the overall design of this tool and I find it a bit inflexible. Moreover, I needed a Roadmap tool, and Jira's options don't match with my expectations.

Yohnathan

Gets the job done

Pros

It is easy and straight forward to use. It will allow you to quickly create a board or roadmap without too many clicks.

Cons

When is time to jump into details or dependencies, splitting task and follow all the details in the same board/roadmap it gets complicated.

Price

September 2022

Great for managing inputs from multiple stakeholders

Excellent

Pros

Really appreciate how easy it is use for transparent prioritization of features among multiple stakeholders. Eliminates confusion and concerns about what we're going to build next.

Cons

Would like a little more flexibility with formatting the columns, but overall, it's quite easy to use

RĂ©mi

Good product to involve multiple stakeholders

I am very happy for having selected that product, which changed completely the prioritization approach in my company. I work with 20 countries (international product) and I was looking for a nice & intuitive tool that would help me collect the business value input from all of them. I can very easily build the "Roadmap" using the priority score calculated in the system, which makes it transparent to everyone.

Pros

- Priority poker are easy to use and very powerful to make people involved in the priorization process - Item mngt is intuitive (with a very nice filtering capability, thanks for that!) - talking with the support team is easy and productive - new features are released frequently improving the overall experience

Cons

- Paying a full "contributor" fee for inviting my local product users to organize one priority poker every 3 months is expensive...

Reasons for choosing airfocus

much easier to use, more focused on what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to airfocus

I needed to make sure everyone understood why feature 1 was developped before feature 2. Sharing a real time roadmap is not possible with excel files.

Good tool

Pros

I like it very customizable, so I can choose a template that I need and adjust it. I used a project management roadmap template, really like the way it's set up with tasks list, kanban board and timeline, 3 key views I need. Overall I like kanban board the most because it's quite clear for the team to know what's done, and what's in progress.

Cons

It's relatively quite expensive comparing to other tools. I'm using it for project management with several workstreams and departments, so not that interested in the prioritization, because things are planned beforehand. But seems that feature has to be there and can't get rid of the scoring when I don't need it. And also I can't trace history version or activities, so if someone did something wrong in my team, we need to manually fix it.

Reasons for choosing airfocus

Because people in the team has used Airfocus, so we go with the more familiar one for everyone.

Serge

Industry: Utilities

Fresh breeze for prioritization

Using air.focus mainly for keeping users and stakeholders in touch with our Software development process. Its chart view and timeline are easy to read and interpretate. Screenshots from air.focus can be used for quaterly presentations in Front of the stakeholders on the management level.

Pros

can be used as a power-up for Trello, good seamless integration with Trello, synchronization works well between the two, motivates users of our software products to contribute and clarify their requests for features, high learning curve for editors (Team internal) and contributers (external), clear message with regard to the commitment point (which features will be implemented by the Team)

Cons

adding a criteria leads to losing scoring for all items, value axis of a criteria cannot be scaled after its definition

Reasons for choosing airfocus

Mainly using it for stakeholder management and communication with stakeholders and users. JIRA has a lot more features, but air.focus comes along more handy/suitable for communication needs.

Robert

Quick to setup, however needs additional functionality

Very positive, however I am interested in what kind of customisations that can be done for our organizations needs

Pros

Very easy to setup the roadmapping tool, and in particular, I like the ability to create dependencies with the drag and drop functionality

Cons

I wish that you could manually enter in the dates for items on the timeline, it can be difficult and time consuming to have to next arrow to many years down the line

Reasons for choosing airfocus

We have not yet made a decision on which way to go

Product Roadmap

Pros

The prioritization features and the priority chart view. Love how the prioritization is calculated automatically, definitely gives you a different view of the importance of your roadmap items; especially when using the priority chart view. Makes it really easy to see what features you should focus on next.

Cons

What I liked least, and this is just for the sake of having to list something, is the abundance of templates. There are tons of templates but they are all based on the same functionality with slight settings tweaked. AT first, I found this confusing and overwhelming as I did not understand what the difference was. Until I spent a good amount of time using it then chose what I liked the most from each and made it into my own.

Brian

Get started quickly!

Positive. Our biggest pain point is communicating vision, roadmap, and product releases. Airfocus allows us to do this at a strategic-level while tapping into our team-level kanban boards, where attention meets intention. The product is intuitive and augmented by inline customer support. You really feel there is a dedicated team behind you, and the post-sales support call furthers this sentiment.

Pros

The Timeline and Scoring features make prioritization, which most companies/teams can struggle with, easy to do. It's also nice to have bi-direction sync to everyday third-party products (trello/jira).

Cons

I'd like to see the pricing model change to allow for unlimited contributors. The value of this product is inclusion. That said, I'm looking forward to the public portal feature (Q3).

Reasons for choosing airfocus

Ease of use, better fit for our company, and the customer support.

Joel

Not expensive and sleek

Pros

- Has jira integration! - Has the bubble charts for drivers (rating system) - not expensive

Cons

- doesn't have open voting for team/customers.

Damien

Good product management tool

Pros

Custom fields, workspaces, features dependencies, froms app, differents views

Cons

I struggled to set up the jira integration

Jason

Great roadmap planning tool

Good product and quick responses on support questions. Very happy with the product.

Pros

The Trello integration and timeline features are most useful to me.

Cons

The board portion isn't something we use much, since we have Trello.

Florian

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good and easy Tool for Product Prioritization

Pros

* the good UI, easy to understand and use * the possibility to configure the and weight the different parameters that are relevant for prioritization

Cons

* features like the chart tool are not configurable * minor UI bugs, especially on smaller screensizes (not scrolling possible, relevant information not in viewport)

Sam

Overall good software

Was good to be able to communicate with staff/help via the chat, where I gave feedback on new features - that was good. Overall the software seems reliable and easy to use. Could do with more robust feature set. But what it does, it does well and simply.

Pros

Easy to use and understand. Interface and UI is simple.

Cons

Could have more features. Sometimes doesn't quite work as I want/thought it would.

Josh

Industry: Research

March 2022

AirFocus help you get focus.

Pros

Airfocus is powerful and once setup, it gets out of the way. This is exactly what you want in a product. I like the single-source of truth but with limitless views which makes creating tailored views for teams and stakeholders a breeze.

Cons

Airfocus can be daunting to setup. The team attempts to minimize this by proving templates. The real trick to using AirFocus is to start small and work outwards on what is needed.

Martin