All Airtable Reviews

Onome

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Airtable Review: Bit of a Learning Curve, but Worth It!

Kaitlyn

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Fantastic Product for Any Project

PROS

I use Airtable to organize any kind of database I need. Airtable makes it really easy to filter with tags so I find what I need.

CONS

I wish Airtable had some more flexible design option. That said, it works really well for what I need.

Steve

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Only limited by your time and creativity

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

PROS

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

CONS

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers. A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Reason for choosing Airtable

We love the wide-spread support and integrations for Airtable. That made moving to it quite simple and we thought it would be much easier than any other competing product.

Ogarekpe

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

All-in-one solution for transforming project and data management

I have had a hugely positive experience with airtable since it has revolutionized how we handle our data management and collaboration workflows. We have realised a significant improvement in productivity and communication since its implementation.

PROS

It is a highly flexible solution that enables us to customize our workflows in line with our organizational goals which improve our project management. I like its dynamic collaboration tools that improve the efficiency of various teams in project and task management.

CONS

It has limited analytics and reporting features compared to other tools with similar functions which is not ideal in cases where you require comprehensive insights.

Reviewed July 2018

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

PROS

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks. However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked. What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do. I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features. Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

CONS

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well. It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use) Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

Marina

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great Spreadsheet Alternative

I am very pleased. We currently use it for several important databases and it works fantastic.

PROS

The color coding is the best feature by far

CONS

Nothing yet, so far this software is exceeding expectations

Reason for choosing Airtable

Value and options made it a no brainer for us

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Wanted more customization settings and this delivered!

Christiana

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Spreadsheet reinvented

In events planning meeting deadlines is very important,this tool has helped us to manage projects and deadlines from one place.

PROS

I like how flexible and customizable Airtable is it allows us to organize data in different set of views,the calendar and timeline views are particularly very helpful to our organization.

CONS

It has a steep learning curve for team members with no or low technical expertise.

Anncarol

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

The most flexible low code productivity software in the market

This platform has greatly increased the efficiency of our event planning businesses which has translated to higher revenues.

PROS

I like Airtable views which allows us to transform the look and feel of our data depending on our workflow.

CONS

Nothing in particular it has a very intuitive interface, colourful design and modern design which makes it very interactive and easy to use.

The online Swiss Army knife

Incredibly positive. It does so much. But at times I’m still left suspecting I could set something up even better if I knew more about how to use the platform.

PROS

The functionality is mind blowing. It’s such a powerful system we use for everything from client tracking to pipeline forecasts

CONS

You need a team member to properly dedicate themselves to airtable to understand and unlock the platforms potential. It is not something you can benefit from without the investment

1,001-5,000 employees

Airtable Is Like a Mixture of Excel and GoogleDocs

PROS

Airtable is an easy way to keep track of multiple projects and their varying deadlines along the pipeline to completion. It's pretty much designed like an Excel workbook with columns that can be filtered and grouped. I found it very easy to use, especially since it is so similar in design to Excel. I say it's also like GoogleDocs in that it's a collaborative document that can be updated at will.

CONS

Unlike software like Jira, you have to keep checking your particular Airtable link to see if changes have been made to your workflow. It'd be nice if each time a change to the workflow was made, such as a deadline change, there was an easy way to tag or email the person affected by the change.

Brendon

Insurance, 5,001-10,000 employees

Very good for projects

PROS

If you have a few projects that you manage by yourself and would want to be very detailed, this would work for you.

CONS

It works as described and nothing cons at the moment.

Saviour

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Airtable is exactly what you need to start using.

PROS

It is Easy to organise and track information in my own way that i need.

CONS

Slow loading and laggy interaction while i was working with large databases.

Ipek Nil

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Great Tool for Management

PROS

I like the agility this tool provides because it's one of the most recent ones.

CONS

Needs a little improvement in terms of the interface.

Airtable for Multiple iGames Data

PROS

Customizable View, and multiple view links that can be shared differently depending on who you want to provide the custom view

CONS

none so far, been using Airtable for quite some time now, I would say I'm very much familiar on how to use it

Reason for choosing Airtable

much more presentable, custom view with separate link each view.

Jonathan

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

PROS

I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

CONS

It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

Reason for choosing Airtable

This was a step up from our old method of using a Google sheet to keep information in one place. It hasn't completely replaced Google Docs or Excel, but it has been a great service for us to keep certain records that are harder to keep track of on other less complex platforms.

Mayank

Animation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

PROS

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

CONS

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

Eduardo

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Once I started using it, any other table option makes me turn off

It absolutely gives me the edge in planning my work.

PROS

Just the variaties of ways to show data - table, kanban, gallery, calendar, timeline, form! Its incredibly versatile and means you can craft it to many different types of people from CEO, to Marketing, to Finance.

CONS

The only downside I can see is that the per-seat amount can get high for multiple team members, I wish this could be lower or to only include core team members in that amount while having 'visitors' that have less access in the document.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Jorform was seen more from the forms functionality, but Airtable had more powerful options for table views.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Excel really feels like software from another century, undoubtedly it is powerful, but it is also exteremely limited in its capabilities.

Reviewed October 2022

The Backbone Of Our Inventory And Recurring IT Expense Tracking

The problem of tracking our computer assets and which user is using the device has been solved. We change hands for our devices very frequently so this has helped us to easily change an assigned user for a device at a moment's notice. Also we are able to improve on our inventory being able to easily capture serial numbers by scanning hardware and taking photos to correctly identify devices.

PROS

The flexibility to add data from multiple devices and also multiple persons at the the same time.We used AirTable mainly for our Inventory tracking which is very dynamic as most of our assets change hands frequently so we can easily update who is assigned what device and for our recurring IT expenses we are able to easily track every recurring expense and see at any time the total expense for the month.

CONS

We have been using Airtable for over two years and to date we do not have any feature missing. Our experience has been very favorable.

Reason for choosing Airtable

Airtable's user interface was the best when compared to other solutions at the time, which aided in its user experience also the ease of adding data from mobile devices and flexibility of the records we could add.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable allow us to make changes in realtime we can easily add devices to our inventory database using our mobile phone, scanning serial numbers, taking photos to better identify the item and easily make changes on the fly to ownership or status of the device.

Angelo

Internet, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Powerful and Flexible Database Management with Airtable

Overall, Airtable is an incredibly powerful and flexible database management tool that makes it easy to capture, organize, and access data. Its intuitive interface and powerful features make it easy to customize my database to fit my needs. While it can be expensive and overwhelming for some users, its learning curve is manageable.

PROS

Airtable is an extremely powerful and flexible database management tool that allows me to quickly capture, organize, and access data across multiple platforms. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to set up and manage my database, and its powerful features allow me to customize my database to fit my needs.

CONS

Despite its powerful capabilities, Airtable does have some drawbacks. Its pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for some users, and its customization options can be overwhelming. Additionally, some users may find its learning curve to be steep.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable has a number of superior aspects over its alternatives. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to quickly set up and manage databases, and its powerful features allow for customizability and scalability. Additionally, its pricing structure is more accessible than some of its competitors. Moreover, its learning curve is not as steep as that of some of its alternatives.

Dida