All Google Docs Reviews

Docs in K-12

Olga

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great alternative to online blackboards and note-taking apps!

It is just "Oh my goodness!" Stupid simple and immensely inspiring! Useful. Helpful. Adorable.

PROS

User-friendly, flexible, responsive, customizable and overwhelmingly great! Easy-to-use on Linux OS (my OS - Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.5 LTS (Bionic Beaver), I am a PC user). I really like their multiple functions, such as: creating complex documents with tables, different splendid fonts, background colors, in bold and cursive fonts. Flexible and comfy using bullet points or ordered listing, page numbering, first-line indentation, interline spacing. Adjustable using hyperlinks and styles deleting. It is fast and easy to create, share and delete documents, modify them, download and save in .doc or .pdf. It is absolutely free, stable, secure and trustworthy service which is indispensable for e-learning, edutainment, studies, research work and online tutoring. Besides, you can use this spectacularly simple service as a note-taking app or even a draft of your blog or bullet journal! Whatever you want to type down: bucket list, to-do list, grocery list, motivation letter draft, CV or resume, it is always comfy, flexible and useful! Easy to use, easy to customize, easy to modify, save, download and delete! I have not mentioned other functions as inserting some files (pictures) or creating slides or optical character recognition, but I have never checked these functions, that's why I have described just common functionality which is pleasant and helpful for any task completion! As I said: it is smart, simple and impressively good! I am really grateful that such a service exists.

CONS

Well, for some weird reason I cannot check for sure how OCR works there. Besides, my hardware is a little bit outdated, that's why something like "inserting pictures" might malfunction on my OS.

Reasons for switching to Google Docs

I needed something cutting-edge, stupid simple, easy to modify and implement, cheap and customizable. Moodle System required a good hosting, server and it was often quite difficult to create, demonstrate and save content for my students.

Tathagata

Computer Games, 1 employee

Best free Document editor

PROS

I like that it is free and is very simple to use.

CONS

The auto correct feature sometimes feels as a negative to me.

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Google Docs - It is what it is and it does pretty well, what it does

Amazing that we have such tools at our disposal. We can work on almost anything, from anywhere, and collaborate with anyone in the world. Obviously Google did not invent this concept but they are the #1, the go-to. Its really revolutionizing the way we all work together.

PROS

Just the simple fact that we live in such a time where geography doesn't make much difference at all when it comes to collaboration and teamwork, is amazing. I find myself being a big perfectionist in judging Google Docs negatively, instead of simply appreciating that we even have such technology.

CONS

The loss of cross functionality between versions of MS Office and Google, whether it's documents or spreadsheets. It is admittedly pretty great for what it is, but it still isn't standardized enough, in my opinion. Downloading a doc/sheet created using google, into Office, often ends in file corruption.

Utilities, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Google Docs -A work of art

A brilliant piece of software that keeps getting better and better. At first I was mindful to make the change and was hesitant to use the software. Over time this has become a firm favourite and will likely continue to be for many years to come.

PROS

Google Docs delivers a great comprehensive package at zero cost. The ability for this software package to work easily across platforms and be so easy to use everyday has been a major plus and is why this is used on a regular basis to maximise output of my colleagues

CONS

There needs to be a tutorial package on the systems showing how to get the basics and most out of the system. For those who have used rival systems before it can take a while to adapt to the new system.

Reason for choosing Google Docs

Free to use software suite over costly software suite.

Reasons for switching to Google Docs

Free to use software over paying a yearly fee to use. Massive saving potential

Yousef

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Google Docs important review

This platform is easy to use for any purpose. Also, you can easily share it with people and safely.

PROS

The most important feature that I like about this platform, that you can easily edit any document and the original one stays as it is.

CONS

There are some features that are missing in this platform such as, the the feature of taking many steps to edit other documents.

Maggie

Design, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Perfect for being Free!

I have used Google docs since 2017 for business and pleasure, it is my go to Document creater.

PROS

I love using Google Docs for designing Policy & Procedures Manuals -- the Table of Contents side bar feature is awesome; and the TOC generator is super helpful when dealing with 100+pages.

CONS

I truly dislike making and designing Tables with Google Docs. It is fine for basic table design, but if you want to have different color cell and lines of different sizes it requires a couple clicks.

Reasons for switching to Google Docs

I didn't want to pay the subscription fee.

Solomon

Writing and Editing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Most Effective Writing Programme

It's still the finest writing/document programme I've used thus far. It may cause some anxiety to add emails, but the accessibility feature for emails needs to be improved.

PROS

Google Document is quick and simple, and using files and subfolders to organise data is simple. In order to retrieve documents without having to slide through files, you can search by keyword, date, and time.

CONS

Sharing documents through email or other app is not always simple. Sometimes customers send me emails complaining that they can't open the files.

Pramod

Consumer Services, 10,000+ employees

Best Google Docs

I have 2++ year Use to my product document generate an good service.

PROS

I have Use to daily google docs is my customer product reviews

CONS

I Very Likely is Google docs is my help to my job to easy

Paige

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Great Way to Store and Share Documents

PROS

Google Docs is easy to use, free, makes document sharing easy

CONS

I wish there was more storage space in Google Docs

Martin

Automotive, 1 employee

Brilliant!

PROS

The easiest system i have used by far!!!

CONS

This isnt really applicable as i cant fault it

Terence

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Makes collaboration easy

PROS

Even someone who is not familiar with shared documents or cloud-based functionality can easily collaborate with Google docs

CONS

I wish it was more widely used as some organizations have it blocked

Ali Akbar

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

Google doc review

Overall good

PROS

-integrated with gmail, google drive-easy of use-user interface good

CONS

- integration with other document apllication

Integratin with google drive

Eri

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Google Docs Review

Great thanks to my mentor, since he introduced Google Docs 11 years ago in our volunteering work for the community, I've been a loyal user of Google Docs. I successfully manage to implement my Google Docs-savviness into my offices' work, as well as for my current business afterwards. I often stored files from the resource speakers as my Google Docs and shared them to all participants at easy and no hassle. I also stored the files as my Google Docs for my business portfolio to showcase to potential clients, and even share them for my happy client. The benefits cannot be counted, Google Docs saved my life!

PROS

I remember the first time I was being introduced to use Google Docs was in 2008 by my mentor, Sylvain Henry from Canada, it was like, wow....this online tool is super efficient and superb! It's integrated seamlessly with our Gmail account along with other fantastic Google Products. It's very easy to use, even for first timer. I no longer have to worry searching for my missing files from my harddisk because I did not have the chance to create the backup files, because I can rely on Google Docs for sure that is stored in the cloud. Which means I could open it whenever I want to. Now Google Docs is even getting cool! I can use Voice Typing feature whenever I have any ideas come up in my mind, without worrying I need to type them and those briliant ideas could possibly vanish into thin air if I type them one by one. Furthermore, Google Docs provides such amazing templates, which makes my work a lot easier. In addition, I also often use Google Forms to create event registration that has a function also as a survey for my clients.

CONS

When I don't have an internet connection, then I cannot open my files inside my Google Docs. I have to download all the files into my harddisk as a backup. Would it be possible to make all my files in Google Doc are automatically stored offline into my harddisk in the near future?

Reason for choosing Google Docs

I’ve known Google Docs for such quite a long time, so I prefer to use it because I don’t want to re-learn from zero in using new online tool. Besides that, although EverNote can be integrated into email and other online tools, I still feel some hassle in doing so compared to Google Docs.

Renee

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Google Docs: Reliable and Highly Trusted

Any document I have created, regardless if it's a chart, a slide, or a mock brochure, I can find in one place online or offline.

PROS

I can easily switch from Google Docs to Sheets without losing my progress. It makes figuring out budgets and target audiences for our demographics sincerely effortless. I find myself getting done twice the work I had been getting done using Microsoft. I can set up a commenting section and share with individuals as well as groups, so the brainstorming and collaborating can continue from around the world and back.

CONS

In all honesty, at this very moment, I have found no cons. I can't say that in the following years when we look to further expand that we won't, but as of three years strong with google, I have no complaints.

Reason for choosing Google Docs

The stability in online and offline access, the importing implement, the streamlined look and design and the lack of a paywall.

Reasons for switching to Google Docs

After a good friend showed us how easily we could import and implement the information from our Microsoft documents over to Google, I was hooked!

Kevin

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Best thing since Slice Bread, but it's digital

I found that my overall experience is excellent. It makes it easy to collaborate which is the key to our company. Couldn't be easier.

PROS

From storage to file sharing google docs is the standard when it comes to sharing. This is one of my most used applications and it makes sharing photos and videos with clients easy and quick to use.

CONS

We pay for this software to have high storage amounts, but people that use high-level video or photo editing with large file sizes might want to upgrade since the standard is 15gigs to use.

Reason for choosing Google Docs

We chose google docs because it could be integrated with our products such as Gmail and Calendar which is nice to have under all one system.

We needed more storage.

Reviewed February 2021

Google Docs is great for collaborating in business

I can keep all my documents in one place. I also keep all client documents in their own folders and share their specific information with them to keep it secure and organized. We also use templates and make copies of them instead of having to recreate the document every time.

PROS

It is easy to store and work on documents for personal and business use. With Google Workspace, you get more storage and better security. I like how it integrates in Gmail so easily and is easy to share with someone just by adding their email address. Working together is seemless as it shows who is working on the doc with you and where they are typing in the doc. It works even better when using along side Zoom or Google Meet.

CONS

Some of the security features are a bit confusing, but likely more than most people need. If you forget to set offline mode for a document, you might have to wait to use it if you have network issues.

Reason for choosing Google Docs

It is cheaper and simpler to use. MS Office does have more features, but most are simply not needed the majority of the time.

Reasons for switching to Google Docs

Easy of use and ease of sharing with others. We had trouble sharing folders in the past.

Cam

Sports, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Quite Literally Can't Live Without Google Docs

With Google Docs, we solve the issue of having to license everyone else with a Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word pass. Another problem solved is simply the ability to convert documents from old .doc or .docx files into our storage drives.

PROS

The ability to replace most 'modern-day' software options that are similar, but pale in comparison. We use Google Docs as a way to write policies, share projects, finalize posts to publish on site, etc. There is quite literally a million use cases for us, and no issue.

CONS

It's difficult to say I like something 'least' as there is not something I don't like about Google Docs. Maybe I have too many Google Docs at one point? But that's more of a me problem!

Reason for choosing Google Docs

It was considered because most already had it from previous versions. There wasn't a real 'effort to switch' more of a consensus from everyone involved to officially move away from Microsoft to Google.

Reasons for switching to Google Docs

Because we wanted to work collaboratively and the Microsoft Word/Office suite just wasn't cutting it

Jessica

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Google Docs for the WIN!

It is the best product for word processing and collaboration in one place.

PROS

Google Docs is essential in our Google Chromebook environment. Students, teachers and staff use Google docs daily for team notes, essay writing, creating content and more.

CONS

Google Docs is great and provides so many features and functionality. However, the fact that I can't use my own fonts in Google is the biggest drawback. This means that a lot of creative design is done on another platform.

Reason for choosing Google Docs

When we switched to chromebooks Google docs was the best choice.

Reasons for switching to Google Docs

We began using chromebooks for our students and we transferred our whole organization to Google products.

Nadir