All LiquidText Reviews

Eduardo

Animation, 1 employee

The best in its class

Have been using it for years from academic research to creative ideation.

PROS

There is no other app that allows you to annotate, extract, and collect elements of documents into a cohesive idea space from PDFs.

CONS

Can be a bit of a learning curve to understand how to use the different options.

Thomas

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Powerhouse for PDF management

Best optimized for iPad and feature rich.

PROS

I personally like the thing that it contains all necessary features at such a nice price point. You can edit any pdf, open any doc file, do multitasking and make the notes at the same time. Would say that definitely go for this. Talking about professionals and students, this is the best that they can get.

CONS

Need to add the feature for changing the thumbnail of the documents.

Reasons for switching to LiquidText

Still use GoodNotes but prefer LiquidText as this is my all in one companion. Also, after latest update, GoodNotes started to lag a little bit which caused me to make LiquidText as my primary note taking application.

Robert

Medical Devices, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Flurry of excitement to be followed by annoyance then frustration.

Frustration and disappointment.

PROS

Gesture based linking, search for words, and compressed view of annotations.

CONS

File management UI within app and to other apps is terrible.

Nibin

Automotive, 201-500 employees

LiquidText review as a Automotive Embedded Developer

Almost perfect. If developers are seeing this review please add some mentioned features to collaboration tools.

PROS

I really loved the Top notch data security, Granular access controls, Efficient file sharing, Real time data synchronisation and configurable workflow of liquidtext. A few things could be improved but still this is the best in todays date that we can get.

CONS

Unable to handle very large files. Collaboration tools should have features like virtual whiteboard.

Reason for choosing LiquidText

Due to feature rich platform and great collaboration features.

Khyati

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Best PDF experience with moderate note taking experience

I personally found this feature rich and it does almost every document related need complete.

PROS

It’s extraordinary ability to edit the pdf file is really nice and handy. Combination of all document related features is good. Haven’t used this feature a lot but the pointing kinda thing that we can link a topic of a pdf to a comment is really nice though. Collaborative feature are good also and I found this app the most advance one in whole Apple ecosystem to be honest. So, you can definitely go for this.

CONS

1. it is not available for android which is really a headache.2. It’s note taking experience is not as good as Goodnotes and team should focus on improving this.3. Price of its plans is really high and some of the goodies is only available on those only.4. Document storing experience can be a little enhanced.

Manoj

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Best buddy for documenting all at same place

It helps me a lot while documenting my patient sign symptoms and correlating them

PROS

I like linking two different topics from different documents at same place for comparision and to study them

CONS

I think that writing tools in a document can be inproved

Reasons for switching to LiquidText

Lack of comparative study and linking

Pavitar

Newspapers, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

All rounder for Journalists!

complete package for Journalism.

PROS

Editing features are really good, highlighting the text, editing text, creating a doc and accessing multiple docs at a time are really useful for journalism and this serves the proper purpose with perfection. Also, it really works the best if you have an Apple ecosystem.

CONS

A few more note taking features can be added. This is good for note taking but if we try to make some art, it doesn't have proper brushes. I know this is not made for this but still, it would be really nice if this had these.

Kartikey

Computer Networking, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Could be a little bit better, but still the best

I switched from a free Apple app called Freeform just because of lack of features and I really took a good decision.

PROS

It's collaborative features are very useful and great. Also other tools like note taking, PDF sticky notes kinda things, editing pdf, mind maping are great features to consider. Used this for about 5 months and it has a tons of features that I like. Great support for documents. Even I can import pptx files and edit them which is a must feature to have.

CONS

Few things that can be added and are must to have:1. Document folder on main screen, so that we can categorize the document based on their purpose.2. User interface could be a little more user friendly. For a beginner, its a little bit hard to learn things.3. It's not available for android devices. Like atleast this must be available for samsung tab so that they can also get included in collaborative projects.

Reasons for switching to LiquidText

It lacked a lot of features. I used that for making notes and collaboration but Liquid Text already had those features with better implementation.

Ira

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2023

Lags a little bit on older iPads

I have loved this app but the laggy interface on older iPads doesn’t feel good.

PROS

Best pdf application and all in one package for document management, reading, notes taking and all. Pro features like comment linking, mind maps are useful when using the iPad as a primary study device. Collaboration tools are really helpful when you are working with a team or working on a school project.

CONS

Could be optimised more for the older iPads. Sometimes lags a lot on my iPad 7th generation while taking notes or opening in Split View.

Jan

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

LiquidText pros/cons summary

Great for work with multiple technical documents covering the problem domain.

PROS

+ ability ty create notes with links to multiple source documents+ drag and drop from source document to note with automatic link to source+ powerful navigation through highlights and annotations or searched text in source document

CONS

- handwriting notes are not convertible/searchable (using handwriting recognition engine like MyScript would be great)- search should be faster

Sharin

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

The best app available on the market but still scope for improvement and refinement

Generally positive and the new features are encouraging.

PROS

Ease of use and features. I rely on the pinch search, highlighting, text extract, quick links and option for multiple workspaces when prepping for hearings.

CONS

1. To finally resolve an issue with LiquidText removing text in a PDF form - I have repeatedly raised this as a concern and it remains unresolved2. Move all of the toolbars into one consolidated toolbar at the top of the page. The floating toolbars get in the way of being able to work on documents and I cannot understand why they are separate. Also to amend the toolbar layout so that icons aren't in the middle of the screen, causing them to interfere with Apple's split screen on an iPad. 3. Add shortcuts for 3-4 commonly used colours to reduce need to keep re-opening highlight menu to switch between colours when highlighting4. Improve ability to jump to pages in page navigation. Commonly have pages as A22, A23 etc and when searching the search goes to any hit and not automatically to the most relevant5. When opening word documents the layout does not match what would be seen on screen on a desktop meaning page numbering falls out of sync and it makes it hard to navigate when collaborating with others6. When opening a number of documents at the same time this should open as a single new workspace and not as multiple workspaces7. It would be great if there was a feature to allow users to save and import as a standalone, new document a signed document. 8. The bundle updating function often crashes/does not work/does not recognise when the bookmarking in a bundle has been updated/ fails to load the bundle.

Ulises

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

After using LiquidText for various years...

PROS

Great app to process documents, extract ideas and construct content maps. LiquidText is superb when it comes to combining original content with notes and organizing information in user-generated maps. I haven't seen anything similar. Kudos to the design team.

CONS

Unfortunately, LiquidText jumped on the monthly subscription bandwagon and extended features are only available if you "subscribe". As I write, HBO Max, Disney, Netflix and other subscription based content providers are seeing users dropping their subscriptions in record rates. Users simply can't keep up with incremental players with pay-per-view business models. They will eventually pick and chose the vital few. I see this coming to software as well. The tide of SaaS apps will become unmanageable and we will migrate to the vital few. From the company's perspective recurring income is seductive, until you realize that it has it's limits. If LiquidText has any intent of growing into a serious long-term player in the software field, I would highly recommend they reassess their business model. I would gladly pay more for additional features if I'm offered an option that doesn't tie me to a subscription for life. The App AGENDA has an interesting business model where you make a purchase and any upgrades developed during the next year are available for download. And if you don't decide to buy the upgrade subscription for the following year, you have a fully functional app without the shackles of a pay-per-month model.

Higher Education, 1 employee

Game Changer for Research

PROS

I love the workspace feature, especially the multiple document feature. When I am working on a paper, I can store the same documents in a project and organize the excerpts in the same workspace. It feels like I can cut pieces out and rearrange them on the floor, but it is all electronic. This allows me the flexibility to organize information in a way that makes sense to me, without the hassle of physical copies.

CONS

It would be nice to be able to rotate PDFs.

Research, 2-10 employees

My review

I would use it even more if note taking for meetings were better implemented. I also would enjoy a second brain (like roam research) function.

PROS

Auto-excert and the possibility to build schemas.

CONS

Document management and the intuitivity of the product.

Reasons for switching to LiquidText

Stability of the sync. Mendely plugin.

Anjani Kumar

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Extraordinary file manager

I have very enchanting experience with LiquidText as I enjoy doing my note making and preparing myself for argument before the court. I think there is no other similar software in any other platform.

PROS

this is really a fascinating experience for me when I started using liquid text, which I came to know when I saw my friend in the Supreme Court of India using the liquid text software with great ease and it gave 100% usability to the user and made the note making job very easy and manageable.

CONS

pages don't turn easily and it is not working with android devices.

Reason for choosing LiquidText

Liquid Text is very easy to run and very friendly product and can be easily operated by any person knowing not much about the computers and mobile devices.

Reasons for switching to LiquidText

Adobe was not very practical in handling with file and it was very cumbersome to prepare notes and tag the documents.

Jongbok

Research, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Innovative and essential document reader for researchers

PROS

For my area of research, I need to read multiple documents at once while making notes for my papers. Liking among documents, mind-mapping, free writing, adding texts, images, and my thoughts on the field, all these are what I needed. On top of that, now, with its cloud service, I can read them on any device. I highly recommend it. It made my research much easier and faster.

CONS

I do not have anything I did not like about LiquidText.

Erika

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

LiquidText- Seamless like liquid

Found worth the subscription plan and a tons of features.

PROS

Notes taking experience is good and also works in an imported doc. So works well for editing some too. Also, includes powerful features for every aspect like pdf editing, making notes, book reading and managing multiple docs at a time.As of my experience, I found this app getting better and better and new features are constantly added. There's no bug yet that I faced. Very smooth and fluid experience

CONS

There are multiple plans available which is a bit confusing. They should give a free 7 or 15 days trial to try out all the features and then decided whether plan to choose from.

Burak