All Microsoft To Do Reviews

Sam

501 - 1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2022

Feature rich cross-platform dedicated task manager

Youssef

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

A simplified project management tool

Used wunderlist for so many years, it made my life easier both in work and personal related tasks. In the last years the mobile application became really unstable and we had to migrate to Microsoft TODO

PROS

Very easy to use, create multiple lists and add tasks inside the list. You can share your lists with other team members and assign tasks to them. You will get reminders when a task is due.

CONS

The software is a great task list software but not a fully developed project management tool, it lacks collaboration tools and you can't create a timeline.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Wunderlist is very easy to use and had a very user-friendly mobile application. I used it for many years but was frustrated a bit when the mobile app didn't work well. Made the switch to Microsoft Todo

Lucas

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Succeeds by simplicity--and Microsoft integrations

I use To Do to manage my own to-dos, including those assigned to me in any of the various Planner Plans I am part of.

PROS

Within the To Do pane, I can manage my own lists as well as Planner tasks that have been assigned to me. It's a more flexible interface than Planner, and provides a lighter, more mobile-friendly task experience. Further, To Do's My Day planning approach is simple but brilliant: start every day with a blank slate.

CONS

To Do doesn't do much natural language processing. The web app has been slow and difficult to use for years. To Do doesn't bring many high-bore features, such as Gantt charting, but it doesn't need to.

Reason for choosing Microsoft To Do

Wrike and Freedcamp were, in their own ways, more complicated and less integrated than To Do.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

I love Teamwork! But it cost more than the (free) To Do, and it didn't integrate with Planner, a tool that we were beginning to adopt in the org.

Fawaz

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Microsoft To Do makes life easy

Microsoft To Do offers a streamlined task management experience across devices. Its clean interface, smart lists, and integration with Microsoft 365 make it efficient for organizing tasks, setting reminders, and collaborating with others. However, advanced features may be lacking for power users compared to some competitors. Overall, it’s user-friendly and reliable.

PROS

Can do all task in one place.Additionally paste hyperlinks and any URLs in the task.

CONS

Cant edit hyperlink and also Limited number of third party configurations.

Shivalay

Accounting, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Amazing for my day to day functioning

To do list was able to sync on my mobile and computer which is great

PROS

I use the app to brainstorm my life and keep both my work and personal life in balance. I like the bucket system, which allows me to separate my ideas and to do lists into different categories

CONS

I wish I could change the names or hide of the "Today", "Tommorow" and "Someday" as I don't want to organise my tasks with dates sometimes

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

To do list was able to sync on my mobile and computer

Mikolaj

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Microsoft to do review

PROS

Easy to use and to set out and mark tasks from received emails with given timescales which can be adjusted.

CONS

Automatic presets for timescales are given and require amending to suit personal preference.

Tydie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent for A Digital Task List for Work

PROS

I loved that it allowed me to create daily task lists with reminders integrated into my outlook.

CONS

I wish it had a feature that made the to do list more noticeable and more obvious reminders.

Kirsty

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Keeps me organised!

PROS

I love microsoft to do as i have all my tasks in one place and cam easily tick off what ive done and set reminders for repated tasks

CONS

I love everything about microsoft to do

Faith

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Love Microsoft for Task Management

PROS

It helps keep me organized throughout the week

CONS

I like everything about Microsoft To Do

Consumer Electronics, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Organization simplified with great integration with other apps!

PROS

Simple/Clean interface Easy to integrate with other apps Efficient way to manage daily tasks

CONS

No cons so far It works excellent with Microsoft apps.

JORGE

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

My life with Microsoft To Do

I am fascinated whit this application, it reminds me all the things I used to forget and my productivity is better

PROS

I love that I can list all the task I have to do in my day, week or month, I can now remember to send that report or just buy the milk at the grocery store

CONS

I don't know, I love it, you can set an alarm to follow a task, you can personalize it, you can do everything for keeping your life going!

Valencia

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Microsoft To Do is so easy to yse

PROS

It is easy to use. It makes my job easier by allowing me to make a tasks check list and it is easier to get tasks done.

CONS

I don't have any complaints about Microsoft To Do

Erick

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Great but unfortunately available through Microsoft Store

Microsoft To Do is a formidable software in the tasks management category and works fine both in Windows or mobile. Unluckily I had to come back to pen and paper, since I couldn't get used to any other competitor, because of a Microsoft Store flaw, which is a shame.

PROS

With Microsoft To Do you can works through lists and task. These tasks can be divided in sub tasks and you can define conclusion date, repetition and even attach files. For me, the best is the My Day feature, a special list where you can pull tasks to this very day backlog, which helps you to focus in what you should deliver today. You can set some tasks as important, filter tasks by the conclusion date and add other people to lists as well.

CONS

For me, the greatest con is being available through Microsoft Store, which Microsoft doesn't put much effort to work. Since I signed to Xbox Game Pass and tried to install a included game, nothing more can be download in Microsoft Store, making impossible to install To Do and any other app available there.

Reason for choosing Microsoft To Do

Simple and objective in the purpose of task management.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Because Microsoft To Do don't have limitation like the free version of Todoist and was enough to me.

Alhassan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

the perfect bridge to connect your professional and personal lives

Microsoft To-Do allows me to never lose track or forget about the little details of my day like visits to the mechanic, doctor's appointments and family occasions. Beyond task sharing which can be a little difficult sometimes, all the ToDo features function exceptionally well and have really allowed me to better coordinate my personal and professional lives.

PROS

Microsoft To-Do is designed to make usage as uncomplicated and effective as possible. The app is neatly organized into sections that make navigation, entry additions, editing or deletion as simple as possible. It has helped me to better merge my professional engagements with my personal obligations in a way that causes as few clashes as possible.

CONS

Not being able to move items from one list to another is a real headscratcher for me. And also, there should be a settings option one could check to automate moving uncompleted tasks to subsequent days.

Reason for choosing Microsoft To Do

It still came down to simplicity of use.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

I already had sophisticated work management software at work, what I needed was a simple alternative to focus on my personal obligations and ToDo came out the better fit for that purpose.

Gina

Executive Office, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

To Do or not to do- Microsoft to do

Overall Microsoft to do is one of the top of the line programs and software for companies not only like mine but I'm sure that other companies can use this as well for the cost of the software for a company it's worth every penny and its way of gold because of the way it brings not only every member of your team together but it also makes them a well-oiled machine in delivering the product to a customer in a given time and a given manner and it keeps everybody on board everybody working as a team I couldn't ask for a better program for my company and hopefully you can't for yours

PROS

The features that we as a company alike about Microsoft to do are one that we love the fact that we can schedule a task that we can have subtask situations as well as a timeline of when that task should be finished we also love that it's mobile and that there are file sharing and ways that other employees or other members of the team can see that task and how it's progressing as well as has the tab the test that they're working on scene as progressively being done

CONS

At this point I don't see anything about the Microsoft to do software that we're not happy with we are extremely happy with it we use it on a daily basis and we have no complaints

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Used calendly for this but it didn't work as well because basically all we could do was enter the task completion date and that was it we could share it but it really wasn't much more than that and we needed a more in-depth and detailed software program to for us to be able to work together as a team and this just does not do it for us it's a great program but it just didn't work for us

Swati

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

Smart Scheduling!!

I am one of the satisfied customers of Microsoft To Do . As a freelancer and a part time employee there are bunch of different projects that I handle so remembering all those tasks and scheduling meetings was really difficult for me but with To Do it became a piece of cake for me. Moreover I save a good amount time as using this software is really easy and conveninet. Other than the Cost that I have to bear to use this platform, I am very much satisfied with this software.

PROS

Microsoft To Do is one of the best scheduling software available in the market right now. It comes with many required features and function that provides you a very good scheduling experience. Being a freelancer I have lots of work and project to maintain so, I really need to have a proper list of tasks where I can set remainders for my meetings as well as my project submission dates.I also need have to keep the record of the progress I have been making on my work. I have been using this platform for above 6 months now and ever since then I have never missed any important task present in my to do list .You will receive regular alerts and notifications of the list that you will create on to do and even the list creation is very easy just a few clicks will do the work for you.

CONS

My experience with Microsoft to do has been really good but there are some loopholes in this software as well and one such is it's application on mobile. With the kind of features this platform provides it is very difficult to carry those tasks on mobile phones and if you want it to run smoothly even on your Android phones then you need to have an expensive one with you. The cost of using this software is higher than other similar softwares available. You also require to have a continuous and stable internet connection while making updates and using tools such as Microsoft meet with it.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

I found Microsoft To Do more easy to use in comparison to the other platforms that I ha ve been using before as well as setting the remainders and using the collaboration tools are much more convenient.

pawan

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

"Microsoft To Do: A User-Friendly and feature-rich Task Management Tool"

Microsoft To Do is a comprehensive task management software that offers a wide range of features for users to create and manage to-do lists, set due dates and reminders, and track progress on tasks. The app also integrates with Outlook and other Microsoft apps, and allows users to share lists with others and assign tasks to team members, making it a great tool for project management and team collaboration. The task progress tracking and reminders and notifications options are also very helpful to stay on top of tasks and deadlines.Additionally, the software has a user-friendly and easy-to-use interface that can be easily navigated. The app's ability to manage task, set reminders, track progress, and collaborate with others makes it an essential tool for personal and professional use. The smart suggestions feature also can help users to focus on the most important tasks.

PROS

Some of the features that I like most about the software include:Task organisation: Microsoft To Do allows users to create and manage multiple lists, set due dates and reminders, and add notes and attachments to tasks, making it easy to stay organised and on top of tasks.Intelligent suggestions: The app uses machine learning to suggest tasks based on the user's habits and priorities, which can save time and increase productivity.Integration with Outlook: Users can sync their tasks with their Outlook calendar and email, and view their to-do list alongside their schedule, making it easy to manage tasks and schedule.Sharing and collaboration: Users can share lists with others and assign tasks to team members, making it a great tool for project management and team collaboration.Task Progress tracking: The app allows users to mark a task as complete or incomplete, and to track progress for sub-tasks or steps, which can help users stay on top of their progress and prioritize their remaining tasks.Reminders and notifications: Users can set reminders for tasks, which can be set to go off at a specific time or location, and can receive email and push notifications for upcoming tasks and reminders, which can help them to stay on top of tasks and deadlines.

CONS

Limited third-party apps integration: Microsoft To Do does not have many third-party apps integration options. Some users may find it difficult to integrate the app with other software they use.

Reason for choosing Microsoft To Do

There are some following reasons thats why i prefer Microsoft To Do over alternative products.Integration with Microsoft products: As Microsoft To Do is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of productivity tools, it may be a natural choice for users who are already using other Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.Familiarity with the interface and features: People who are already familiar with other Microsoft products may find it easier to use Microsoft To Do as it follows similar design and layout.Sharing and collaboration: Microsoft To Do allows users to share lists with others and assign tasks to team members, making it a great tool for project management and team collaboration, which can be beneficial for businesses or organisations.Cross-device sync: Tasks and lists can be synced across devices, so users can access their to-do list on any device, which can be very convenient.Integration with other Microsoft apps: Microsoft To Do also integrates with other Microsoft apps like Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc. which can be beneficial for users who use these apps regularly.My day feature: The My day feature allows users to focus on the most important task of the day.

Angelo

Internet, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Organization Enhanced with Microsoft To Do

Microsoft To Do is a great organizational tool that makes it easy to stay on top of tasks. It's user-friendly and syncs with other popular applications. The only downside is that there isn't a lot of customization options, but overall I'm very happy with this app.

PROS

Microsoft To Do is a great way to stay organized and on top of tasks. It has great user-friendly features like reminders and task lists that make it easy to stay on track. I love how it syncs with my Outlook calendar and I can easily add tasks to my list from anywhere.

CONS

The only downside to Microsoft To Do is that it doesn't have a lot of customization options. I would love to be able to customize the look and feel of the interface to make it fit my needs better.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Microsoft To Do stands out from its alternatives with its ability to sync with popular applications like Outlook. It also has great features like reminders and task lists that make it easier to stay organized. Additionally, Microsoft To Do offers more in-depth analytics than many of its competitors.

Joseph

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Microsoft To Do is a Must Have Productivity App

I had used Wunderlist for a while before Microsoft acquired it and evolved it into Microsoft To Do. Initially, it was a bit of a disappointment, as many of the features that had made Wunderlist great were removed. Over time, however, the features have been reintroduced, but updated to work well with Office. I have ADHD and have tried many other task management apps, but Microsoft To Do is my must-have app. And did I mention that it's free?!

PROS

I love the ease of use and the tight integration with the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, as well as the ability to seamlessly use it across multiple platforms, devices, and operating systems.

CONS

Some versions allow for categories, but not all, which I would prefer. While this is certainly not a deal-breaker for me, it does leave me wishing that I could rely on setting categories to further organize and view my tasks across devices.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft To Do

Microsoft To Do is free, simple to use, and is tightly integrated into the Microsoft 365 ecosystem.

Caroline