All Toggl Plan Reviews

Toggl Plan Review: I love Toggl Plan

Miguel

Industrial Automation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Great visualization of roadmap and timelines for projects and/or teams

Great product. Easy to use. Good price for all features. It seems it is supported by a good dynamic team, and the product keeps improving.

PROS

Toggl Plan (formerly known as Teamweek) is a very easy tool to understand and use. It offers a simple, yet clean an powerful visualization of tasks, projects and teams. The Toggl team is constantly updating the web app and including new features, which is great. Also, the possibility of seeing the timeline in different views (project, vs people, vs segments) and with different zooms in time (week, month, 3 months, annual) is also very good.

CONS

In general me and my colleagues are very happy with Toggl plan and we do not see any major disadvantages. We would like that there are more integrations to calendars available. Also maybe a direct integration to Jira and Confluence from Attlasian.

Lauren

Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Moving Parts = Toggl Plan can help!

I would have to say the customer service is exceptional. As a non-profit, we are limited in the resources we can use and the Toggl Plan team has been super helpful in working with us to meet our needs. When I first started in my current position I was a bit lost on how to organize everything and keep my team on track. We have a lot of processes in place that are similar but I felt like we needed something a bit more simple. After a lot of research, I decided Toggl Plan (previously Teamweek) seemed like the best option. They strive to offer new features and it has been a great improvement for our teams productivity.

PROS

The software is super user-friendly and not confusing in the slightest which is always nice. As a small-ish team of around 5 it has been really helpful to look at our workspace and see everyone's priorities. Before moving to Toggl Plan I was constantly asking everyone what was on their plate for the day and then we talked about prioritization. With this software I am able to see what the research assistants have on their to-do lists without having to spend the extra time asking. The milestones are super helpful in recalling previous dates of launches and whatnot. I am a huge fan of Toggl Plan and so is the entire team. We also LOVE all of the colors :)

CONS

I wouldn't say there is anything I dislike about the software but after using it for almost two years now there are some functionalities feedback that would be helpful to have. One thing that I know you are all working on developing is the reoccurring tasks....this would be incredibly helpful and save me the time of duplicating things over and over again. I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view (similar to an actual calendar you put on a wall) It would also be great if Toggl good work on developing more integration tools (with outlook for example) I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view not just

Reason for choosing Toggl Plan

The others seemed a bit limited. Also, I know with slack and there are concerns of privacy (similarly to Trello). Toggl Plan is the best - and I am so glad we went with this!

Alan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Good software, can be frustrating.

PROS

I love that you can see the whole team's tasks and change them on the go. It's easy to plan a project until the last deadline and see the process of the ongoing project.

CONS

It can be slow sometimes and some of the functions could be improved. It sometimes freezes and sometimes when you scroll, the loading of the previous weeks takes quite a bit of time. Also I liked the old task view more, since it was easier to modify and it didn't take up the whole screen.

Lee

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Capacity Resourcing at it's best!

I had spoken to a handful of platforms and tried the free trials of others, and they just wasn't what I needed. When I found Toggl Plan there was no looking back. It has the high level functionality of assigning weekly capacity so I can plan my weeks/months accurately, with the more in depth phases, tasks, milestones, etc that is needed on an individual project level. There is the ability to include larger teams, and I can share the project timelines with my clients to track progress and be o the same page. It is very simple and intuitive to use.

PROS

What I like most is the 'Team View' timelines so I can plan my time/projects accordingly. I can see a high level view of what projects I have, how many hours I need to work on each project that week, what weeks are fully booked, and when I can book the next project in without burning myself out. I can also see project deadlines (milestones) within the same view. What is also super awesome is I can share these timelines on an individual client level so they can see their project and what is scheduled as well as the project progress.

CONS

The only thing I have found a little annoying is the hourly assignments. You have to calculate the daily capacity which means if the 'phase' of a project moves from 4 days to only 2 days but it requires the same amount of time associate with it you have to re-calculate the daily hours. It would be nice if you could simply assign a weekly amount of hours to a phase, and then have that amount stay as it is whether the phase is stretched across 1, 2, 3 days or all week.

Reason for choosing Toggl Plan

Functionality and price. Toggl Plan offers the best of both for what I needed.

Linda

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Easy, simple, and beautiful tool for project management

It has allowed myself and our team to become more efficient by knowing who's doing what, which deadlines are shared across global offices, and to view 'at a glance' someone's work load and specific projects to collaborate.

PROS

It's incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Mouse interaction for dragging and duplicating tasks makes this feel like a high quality, well developed tool. The design is beautiful and is easy on the eyes as well, specially after this year's latest update.

CONS

It doesn't allow full customization beyond colors for projects/tasks, or to see progress "at a glance"/without needing to click on a task.

Reason for choosing Toggl Plan

The calendar view fits our design calendar and project needs better than kanban or other methods for task assigning and previewing deadlines.

Soledad

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Great Software! The nicest interface!

I arrived to Toggl plan by serendipity looking for pomodoro Toggl tracker Feature. I love to try new tools and Toggle tracker is almost a must have productivity tool to me. Very comfortable to make plans and divided them in logic tasks, with a really nice look and and feel. A small and lovely usability detail: You don't have to press edit or save to make changes on cards, totally comfortable feature when you are in planning meetings

PROS

The interface of Toggl Plan is the most friendly and well designed of all kanban tools. Lovely typo, colors and very exact descriptions on cards, made me have crush with the tool. The

CONS

Sadly it has a weird integration with Toggl Tracker (even it works better with Trello). You can't see directly your Toggl Tracker clients and related them with a plan. Also when you go to your account, you can't back to the tool (had to click back button several times on the browser) With this small fixes, would be best tool.

Coordination with Toggl Tracker, Nice user interface

Jack

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Project Management for a creative industry

Great, we have only been using Teamweek for a few days and its already improving our work flow and it so easy to get everyone up and running with it.

PROS

Think you have a great lead on the creatives market like ours, architects, as we need something visual to plan out work but simple and easily flexible to however we may plan our work flow. A lot of the other sites I checked out are very well built but also very focused on particular business model. Creative businesses like ours tend to float about somewhere around it all and we don't so much need a business strategy planner but we do need something fluid to let our individual and quite unique projects to grow in an understandable way.

CONS

There are a few areas of the software and mobile apps that need polishing and a few extra simple features that need adding but I am more than happy to act as a product tester.

Reason for choosing Toggl Plan

Simplicity, fluid set up not dedicated to one single business model. We work in creative, ever changing way and Teamweek allows up to adapt it to our needs in a simple user friendly way.

ATHAN

Higher Education, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

A more streamlined, intuitive version of task management

PROS

This a a great alternative to the 'heavier' apps like Asana, which used heavily before. Switching between board and timeline view is a breeze, and I like all of the available features in the free version. It has everything I need for personal task management (and a team up to 5).

CONS

Perhaps some integration with my existing email system (i.e. Gmail) might be helpful to integrate communications into my project plans.

Reasons for switching to Toggl Plan

Asana got really clunky, non-intuitive. It became a drag to add and move tasks around. MOST importantly, they kept introducing useful features only available for paying members. As a solo task manager, that is always a bummer.

Reviewed November 2019

Great functionality - good pricing

It has been very easy to setup our new project and start adding various activities and assigning timelines and people. I would recommend this to any team starting a project.

PROS

The visual representation of team availability in combination with the ability to attach various kinds of information to tasks. Also, the collaboration potential by being able to share information with third parties.

CONS

I have not singled out a negative aspect of the software yet besides the fact that the gantt view becomes too crowded with too many tasks and many people in the team. Maybe it should have more view types.

Reason for choosing Toggl Plan

We needed a common view of the entire team for all members - Zoho does not offer it.

Caitlin

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Scheduling Superstar

So enjoyable. I have spoken to the support team a few times and they've been very positive and helpful too. I love the funky, colourful and optimistic aesthetic and tone to the software. I find it extremely helpful to a creative business owner and I have recommended it to so many others.

PROS

The visual, linear overview of my year. As a visual mind I love being able to note when I am too booked to say yes to the next project, or better yet, when to suggest to my enquiry my next available period!

CONS

The features we miss out on for the upgrade cost. It would be great to have board view for at least one client/project.

Šarūnas

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Great way to plan projects

I had problems with planning workloads. Toggl Plan let me see our current situation and workload on each employee, and then better plan ahead.

PROS

I was looking for similar product for a while. It's easy to use, has all the features I need and, of course, looks great.

CONS

I havent't tested it that much. But I also use Toggl timer, and if I could merge the info on both of them it would be great! Now I just have to put projects in both of these apps and use one for tracking time we work on a project, and other for planning our workloads.

Reasons for switching to Toggl Plan

I used "Boards" style on Asana. Overall it was also good, but I badly needed to see everything on calendar, so Toggl Plan allowed me to do that.

Sandy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Toggle Plan - Easy and Simple - Serves the purpose

This product is the most simple and easy to use tool for planning my projects. I have used and tested a lot of different tools but TogglePan works the best.

PROS

The ease to add tasks and sharing feedback via comments works great. I really like the icebox feature to store everything that pops up in my mind and which i can always go back to, to see what my brainwaves have been.

CONS

I would like the DONE tasks to be out greyed together with the done icon. The IN PROGRESS icon i do not like and i think that might be a more splashing colour. The mobile app is still in the old TEAMWEEK version (which i have used for 3 years already), this should be transfered to Toggle Plan. I do not like the horizontal week overview in the mobile app...i rather would like to see that in portrait.

Reason for choosing Toggl Plan

Easy and simple - nice overview - simple nice interface.

Hey Sandy, Thank you for your kind review! Our team is super happy to hear that you've found value in our product. We wanted to clarify a few things brought up in your review. You're right, when you mark a task as "Done" and it fades, the icon still keeps its original appearance. However, there's a workaround if you prefer not to see the emojis you can change or remove the emojis in Plan Board views (just click on the emoji icons in column headers). Same applies to the "In-progress" icon these can be changed. Regarding the mobile app, we're currently in the process of hiring a dedicated mobile person to bring the app up to date with the many changes our tool has gone through. Hope this helps!

Replied May 2020

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

The daily schedule

I only use Toggl currently for the day to day operations. I load PDF's and text content.

PROS

This application is web-based and very easy to set up and manage. It allows management to easily add new users and schedule resources very quickly. Editing is super simply by clicking and dragging. If there is an issue and you contact the support staff they normally reply within 60 minutes. They are very helpful and are always looking for innovative ways to make the product better. I give them an A Plus!!

CONS

The only thing that I feel is a problem is when add several team members to one project and if you delete the placeholder they all are deleted. It would be nice it would not delete everyone that is on the project.

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Mobile Apps? Music to my ears!

We absolutely love this app besides the pricing issues. It works very well, and it gives us all of the features we need. This app is worth the money just for the mobile apps.

PROS

Obviously, one of the best aspects of this program are that there are available apps for Android and Apple. This is very handy, as most of our work is done on-site rather than just sitting at the desk. We used to have our employees turn in an email that said their hours, but now we are using this program, and it’s much more accurate.

CONS

The pricing can get a bit complicated with the subscription service. It can be a pain when you need all the features of one tier and just one feature from the next tier but don’t want the rest of the features. It seems like it might be a little bit of a waste at that point.

Gregorio

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2018

This application has served me to keep track of time in tasks and to combine it with Asana software together they become a great tool of work.

The facility that gives you the application and portability make it easy to use, I do not use it but I know that it can be linked to a billing software, but even if it is not linked it helps you keep track of the hours you should charge to the clients.

PROS

The control of the projects becomes much easier to take it with this tool, it helps you have repetitive tasks in a streamline, optimizing the administrative time you will be able to visualize the progress and the status of the projects in a simple and clear viewer.

CONS

Sincerely I have not had big problems with the application, but if I have to say something about the application it seems that the color palette to define the projects is somewhat limited, and also when a project has many tasks or is already very large the system it's a bit slow

Tiffany

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Great tool for remote employees

PROS

Easy tracking of general tasks, plus the ability to track sub-tasks across a wide range of projects. It also works well for tracking multiple clients.

CONS

The app is not as user friendly as the desktop version. I would love to be able to manually input time entries in the app the way I do with the desktop version instead of just using the stopwatch.

Eddy

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Toggl helps us planning resources better

The ease of use and the extra insight you get with toggle about our planning is really nice.

PROS

We use toggl to help us plan resources in a sprint (our teammembers -- who will pick up which story and when) With toggl we can better plan who will do what in a sprint so that we can be more transparant with our planning -- will we make the sprint or not? -- on a daily basis.

CONS

Our sprint lasts 2 weeks, but the view does not have that option, it is 1 week or a month.

Alexa

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2018

Time Tracking Made Easy

PROS

Toggl is an amazing program for time tracking. As a freelancer, I often need to track my time on individual tasks and projects. Toggl was a great choice for me personally. I love the ability to add multiple projects (clients) as well as subtasks to track. Using Toggl has made it so much easier to have an accurate representation of how much time it actually takes for each project.

CONS

Like any time-tracking device, it is easy to forget to turn off the timer when you've finished a task. With the desktop app, I've found it easier to monitor when the app is tracking as opposed to using the browser version.

Brent

Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2019

My Team

Many people going in many different directions, doing many different things. This was the easiest way to stay on top of who is doing what/where.

PROS

How easy it is to quickly review where each team member is, with a high level view of what they are working on.

CONS

There are times when I will click, my view will change form seeing the team to seeing a single individual and I've not figured out how to easily get back to seeing the team view.

Jamie

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Great trackr- works quickly and reliably

PROS

Easy to use web app or phone app. Quick to add tags and run reports, and even if the app crashes- which admittedly it does more often than I'd like- it restarts quickly and without ANY loss of data- including current time-keeping

CONS

The reports in pdf form look great and contain useful data; the Excel forms are lacking in that. I often have to use both- ERxcel for the editable numbers and the pdf for the additional details. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if the Excel form contained the same categories and information as the pdf.

Nathon