Browse Acuity PPM Reviews

Barbara from University of Delaware

Easy to Spin Up!

Acuity PPM has been used in the classroom as part of a simulation for graduate students in the Lerner College of Business. During a busy semester where time is of the essence the intuitive interface enabled students to come-up-to-speed very quickly. Each student took the role of an executive team member. Executives could quickly rank and approve projects tied to strategic goals. Reporting is very strong – critical information was at our fingertips allowing us to quickly assess portfolio value and risk. Also, having been the Lerner College IT Director (prior to teaching), I managed an IT project portfolio in Excel using nothing short of brute force to garner the information required for executive reporting. If Acuity was available at the time - it would have been adopted in a heartbeat!

Pros

1. The intuitive interface made it very easy to come-up to speed quickly. 2. Critical information need to manage and assess performance of a portfolio is smartly placed on screens. 3. Acuity gives you just enough but not too much. Larger systems are cumbersome and can be difficult to navigate. 4. Being able to export individual portfolios for additional analysis was very helpful.

Cons

We really like the product and don't find issues at this time.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity PPM

Excel does not capture all of the information we need to effectively manage a portfolio and generate meaningful executive reports.

Jennifer from BayPort Credit Union

Acuity PPM is perfect for anyone looking for a lite weight PPM solution

Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a dream! He listened to our needs and provided suggestions on how to use the software to meet those needs. We have worked with him to import our current portfolio of projects and created a work intake process for new proposals. We look forward to adding a prioritization scoring model and resource management. Whenever we suggest new features or functionality, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] takes it to his developers to see if those enhancements are feasible. They have completed many requested enhancements. Acuity not only provides the software, but they provide great insight on project portfolio management in general. They send out articles, videos, and tips that have proven to be extremely helpful in my organization. Our experience with Acuity PPM has been excellent. We look forward to a continued relationship with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team!

Pros

Ease of use. How easily we were able to fit our current process into the software and how much more portfolio visibility we gained.

Cons

I would love to have a more robust permission/roles set up.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity PPM

We knew our business PPM maturity level was relatively low and we wanted something to match our culture. We also were not looking for a software to manage individual projects. We wanted a true portfolio management software that was simple to use but provided project tracking at a high level. Acuity provided a lite weight PPM solution that we could easily adapt our current process as well as enhance it. We wanted something to help with visibility of how our project portfolio fed into our strategy. Acuity PPM provides a single source for viewing the portfolio of projects as a whole with the ability to customize it to help you make solid decisions. It is not a complicated software. It does exactly what we need it to do and is easily mastered by all who use it.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity PPM

Excel was not providing the reporting/visibility I needed and it required a lot of manual work from me and my team.

Clay from Point B

Mainly Status Reports

We are doing mainly project tracking and this would include status reports, timelines, etc.

Pros

I will admit I really only use the software for status reports (versus advanced tracking). Given this I am not sure I can speak to some of the features of the software. I would say the status reports section is useful and easy to use. I haven't seen any issues with the software in this regard.

Cons

There was 1 time (about 3 months ago) that I had issues with login (lasted maybe 10 minutes). I didn't report and can't honestly say if the issue was related to the software. But otherwise I have seen/had no issues with the software.

Yvonne from Point B

Great PPM Tool - Easy to Use

Using Acuity is helping to centralize our project portfolio information, and it makes it a one stop shop for project information.

Pros

Acuity is easy to get up and running on - very intuitive. I really like the projects dashboard view (I use it very often), and the ability to drill down into the project details from this view. It is very easy to create a status report, and to refer back to previous status reports as well.

Cons

It would be great to have some additional features (although I'm sure you are working on them), such as: more text formatting in the status reports, ability to export the project list and project status, ability to sort the projects in the portfolio view, ability to easily see plan vs. actuals for dates and budget.

Reasons for Switching to Acuity PPM

Microsoft Excel isn't an ideal solution for storing your project portfolio information. There were always version control problems, and the historical status was hard to keep track of. Additionally, there were limited visual capabilities for the data.

Fernando from MCO GLOBAL

See your projects portfolio at a glance with a super simple user interface

Not only the tool is great but the support was exceptional, Acuity even accommodated several changes and personalizations (that latter on became standard features in the product), they were super responsive and attentive in helping us make the most of the tool.

Pros

I've used many software applications to manage and track multiple projects but it was not until I discovered Acuity that I came to the realization of how simple it can be to have a true "bird's eye view" of a complex project portfolio. Most of the tools in the market focus in providing Project Managers tools to control in DETAIL each project, but no tool that I know of helps management visualize and track at a high level multiple projects. I love the simple UI, the intuitive access to information and the ease of use of the tool.

Cons

It would be great if it could link and integrate with legacy Project Management tools, for example if a manager wants to drill down into a specific project maybe he could double click on a project in Acuity and launch a MS Project document where the full details of that particular project are presented.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity PPM

We were looking for a Project Portfolio Management that was at the same time easy to use and very powerful, Acuity was the perfect choice for what we were looking.

Charlie from Medallion Bank

The perfect solution for Portfolio Project Management

Our overall experience with Acuity PPM has been exceptional! They provide excellent customer service and they are very receptive to suggested product features/enhancements.

Pros

Acuity PPM gave us the ability to understand, manage and prioritize our project portfolio. The software has SO MANY features we consider valuable and use on a regular basis. In addition to the risk/value bubble chart, the dashboard provides a high-level view of our portfolio/project health. This dashboard allows us to track projects by strategic objectives and alerts senior leadership when there are issues/risks that might impact project delivery. The software also features a built-in scorecard where we can determine a project's value and risk score based on criteria important to our company. (Something we had to do in Excel before Acuity). The Status Reports are another useful tool that gives us the ability to capture a project summary, accomplishments and next steps. (Prior to Acuity, we were using a Word document for weekly status updates). Other great features include a timeline that allows us to add/track project milestones and the information section where we can capture a project's background, objectives and benefits. In addition, the software is visually appealing, easy to use and gives us the ability to add customized fields without the help of IT.

Cons

We do not have anything negative to share about the product.

Miguel from Kpopa Consulting

Easy to use, project portfolio software

Fast and simple project information registration. Excellent tool for an overall project potfolio management.

Pros

Beautiful user interface, very easy to find all the features and portfolio reports. It's simple approach to capturing project information makes it a no hassle process to register all your business project information and its dashboard features portray in one view your overall portfolio status.

Cons

No major issues at the time. Could improve aesthetically the timeline feature.

Nicholas from Lincoln Financial Group

The Perfect Fit!

I've found that project management tools are either too simple or too complicated, which leads to a host of problems and workarounds. Acuity PPM has found the right balance!

Pros

The Acuity PPM software is simple to use and intuitive. Our Project Managers were able to integrate the tool into their day-to-day activities, and the output allowed leadership insight into all project work.

Cons

The majority of fields you need are customizable, but there are some I'd have liked to adjust. However, the Acuity PPM team is flexible and often takes feedback making updates to meet customer needs.

Karina from Kpopa&asociados

Finally, an easy to use tool for project portfolio management

My experience has been excellent. The best project portfolio management tool i have used so far.

Pros

The best feature is that it is so easy to implement and use. In just a few minutes you can set up the basics of your portfolio and manage your users and views. Also you will have all the important information in one place, forget about powerpoint presentations and spreadsheets.

Cons

i haven't found anything that doesn't fit my needs

Reasons for Choosing Acuity PPM

Acuity PPM more intuitive and easy to use than other solutions, also it´s a low risk investment, you only pay for what you need.

Jody from Point B

Simple and Effective

Pros

Being new to project management, I appreciate the ease of use of this software. It’s easy to navigate and allows me to effectively track essential information and provide status updates.

Cons

I haven’t experienced a negative aspect of the software. My current project is fairly simple so I haven’t tested the limits of the tool yet.

Sally from Redland City Council

Lightweight PPM solution that provides a good portfolio overview

Very responsive to questions and any minor issues have been very quickly resolved. Users find it useful and easy to use, and management are happy with the overview they get.

Pros

Acuity PPM is a good fit for us as it isn't an overly complex system and doesn't contain features we don't need to use, yet still provides the overview we need and enough detail about individual projects. The status reports are a big positive for us.

Cons

No cons so far, just looking forward to any new features as they are developed.