• Pros

• "Ease of use. Very good user interface that requires little if any training or user guide. The product is able to be customized to our needs."

• "I like that it came pre-populated with example features, releases, and goals. That helped me quickly understand how those concepts link together."

• "All projects have been organized into very easy access format, and interface is very intuitive, have no big problems so far."

• Cons

• "Not a con per se but it takes a while for a new user to understand all the rich features available in the platform."

• "The information architecture can be tricky. It's easy to get lost at times or forget where certain configuration options live. The settings (personal, account, workspace) can be daunting."

• "In the beginning , steep learning curve and confusing navigation. But it gets better with training and experience."

Browse Aha! Reviews

Sherri from Laivly

Aha is the only game in town

We tested and demo'd all of the top-rated pieces of software that call themselves Product Management Software. Nothing compares to Aha, in my opinion, it is the only software that offers all of the key features I need. There are definitely a few tweaks that could be made, but nothing else even comes close to this tool. I am very happy with it.

Pros

It is made by Product Managers for Product Managers It has features around the vision and strategy of the company There is clear separation between ideas and features There are Personas that can be attached to ideas and features There are goals and strategies There are areas to store your files You can create shareable presentations that update dynamically You can build wireframes within the tool You can house everything you need as a Product Manager is one locations The support is amazing Integrates with JIRA

Cons

I find it difficult to find what I am looking for in the knowledge base Some of the features are not very intuitive to use There are a few features I would like to see added

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Because it was the only one that had all of the key features we were looking for.

Jeffrey from Programmable Equipment Company, LLC

Industry: Industrial Automation

The standard for Product Management tools

I am now using Aha! in my 3rd company. One was enterprise SaaS focus, one was a 70 person team and now as a bootstrapped start-up. Each experience has been very positive. I've been able to accomplish what I need without a lot of fuss or distraction.

Pros

Aha! is a great canvas to organize your business, product and customer journey. You can take many of the miscellaneous thoughts you have rattling around in your head, and the many post-it notes you have scattered around your office and put them to use in an organized way. It is hard to emphasize the importance of seeing your ideas and tasks written down and prioritized. Aha! makes it easy to articulate your goals and initiatives in a way that is compelling. Then when feature requests come in (as they inevitably will) you have a canvas for deciding how a request compares against the priorities and compared to other requests. It helps you and your stakeholders come together, discuss and come to a consensus on 'what should we build next.' Another think that I love is the fact that Aha! team does not have a sales function. Instead the platform has invested in a top notch customer support team who will help you customize and build out your plans. They help with introductory, small and big projects.

Cons

Can't think of any specific shortcomings. The platform is very deep and customizable so it can grow with your team's needs.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Aha! is the most complete and functional tool for managing the business side of product. It is critical to get this part right before a team writes a single line of code. There are many good tools for managing code development and release pipelines, but that is a different set of utility. The good news is Aha! integrates with code management tools to keep /management/sales/marketing/product in-sync with development.

Jyotin from Federated Wireless

Industry: Wireless

Made for product managers

Pros

Simple to setup Easy to use Easy to create custom roadmaps for different audiences using a single release plan Excellent support options Support staff is very knowledgeable, responsive, helpful and effective Really good structure of Products, Goals, Initiatives, Releases, Features Easy to customize workflows and make it do what you want to do to simplify

Cons

The Reports functionality is a bit cumbersome when you get started.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Ease of use and initial setup time Has a way to collect and engage with customers directly Simple prioritization and release management capabilities Simple roadmapping capabilities Simple representation of roadmap for Executive level viewing No single tool was able to do all of this for me.

Raf from Truckstop.com

Don't recommend. Read review for details..

Would never recommend.

Pros

Cool logo. Good space to house personas and competitor analysis.

Cons

In the initial onboarding process I would contact customer support for clarity, seeing as how I've never used such a software. I had one phone call, fairly short. I was later tasked with sole responsibility for the software - evangelizing and coaching others on how to use it. When I reached out to support for more clarity, the reps did EVERY possible not to get on a call with me. They would email me back every other day - directing me to instructional videos - refusing to get on the phone. I needed to integrate with Jira, "Please HELP!!??"- guess what? "We have some videos that can help you. Awful support. As well, not very user friendly, not customizable, and just down right inferior cosmetically.

Audrey from MCCi

Best customer service, hands down!

Aha! is so robust. I am learning so much, but it is already making a great impact on the transparency that we needed with our team. Having watchers on projects and activities and the ability to tag anyone that's just a viewer or reviewer is fantastic! We manage over 100 events a year and more than 40 sales people, so keeping them in the loop with our progress is great. It's helping us get out of some paper/e-doc templates that we can now have built into our project card templates so all information can be entered there for ease of reference. I believe that we can pull reports on any field as well. The presentation and reporting features offer a lot. It's a matter of us determining the best views for our team. Their customer service team is outstanding! They respond super fast and are always helpful. They will get on a quick 30 minute call to talk through and walk through issues to empower you to get it right! I know I'm driving them bonkers right now with so many questions.

Pros

Aha! allows you to tie higher level goals to initiatives that can dial down to the most granular level. We wanted the capability to pull reports for our C-level executives to see what we're working on and our previous project management system didn't have that as an option.

Cons

We also loved the workflow features, however there's a little snag in the way we need to visually see our activities and tasks so, unfortunately, right now they don't have the capability to have a true workflow (phases and milestones) tied in with our processes because they get buried in the top level schedule/project. Since we work in the marketing world, our processes are different than the product release projects. If we could have the phases and milestones as a part of the activities so that if we push back the project (schedule) date or postpone in the status field that it would push back all assigned dates accordingly - that would be ideal. Right now, we are managing manually... The notifications are another issue. There's a LOT of notifications that come through my email on a daily basis. Even though I have it set to a daily and weekly digest on each workspace, I still receive too many emails for every task completed or created in projects that I follow. But I don't get an email when somebody comments on something, I have to go to my notifications for that. The my work view is really robust as well. Once you get the hang of where you need to look, it's helpful. However, the naming convention of the records doesn't allow you to know right away which task is tied to a particular project, so we're trying to make sure that we title the tasks and activities accordingly - but that's tough to do manually for project templates with generic tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Because Aha! is even more robust. I used Asana in my marketing firm for years and loved it, but we are not a Google based company and it still had limited options that Aha! beats.

Geoff from Privapp

A Great Tool to Drive Product Management with Coherent and Focused Product Strategy

We use Aha! to manage and optimize our product management for development of Enterprise software.

Pros

I first used Aha! four or five years ago - and it was good then, but has come a long way. I really like how Aha! brings together the why of product strategy with the how of product management. It enables our team to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track in these areas in ways that are very difficult to do with JIRA alone, or some combination of product specifications and JIRA. It's intuitive and the support is very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. There is a lot of customization possible, although I have not dipped into that much yet. But it is clear that as the size and scope of our development organization and product line grow that Aha! has everything needed to manage, prioritize & focus our efforts. Integration with Atlassian JIRA is also strong and a good option. We looked at only using Aha! - including for managing our development tickets & sprints - but that is not a fit at this point. Keeping the clutter & detail of all the workstream & ticket management for development separate is a better solution. I definitely recommend Aha as best in class for product management.

Cons

The one major improvement that I see is the need for some type of Knowledge Base / Documentation tool set similar to Confluence. Write now, I find that I have to keep meeting notes in separate documents, as these will tend to cover multiple tickets, and have other work to assign tasks and so on. With Confluence + JIRA, you can both document meetings and develop specifications in one place, and then link this to all of the tickets that are related.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Better combination of features and focus on specific needs of software product management.

Susu from Spok

All around great tool for product strategy - the "why" behind the roadmap

I used Aha previously as well as just getting started with it at my current employer. After using Aha, you will never want to go back to the chaos of PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, Sharepoint, etc. I have had nothing but great experiences with the Aha team, both during the trial period and once we became a customer.

Pros

- Easy to use and learn - Excellent support team, knowledgeable and responsive (all former product managers!) - Several templates to choose from, or create your own - Well defined structure for strategy, vision, goals and initiatives - single source of truth for the Product team - Easy to share content with stakeholders - Highly configurable to our organizations terminology and product hierarchy

Cons

- The presentation capabilities are somewhat rudimentary (formatting, graphics) - Limited ability to support the Jobs-to-be-Done methodology (there are ways, but it's a bit of a square peg in a round hole) - Embedded tables aren't sortable so it's a bit like older versions of Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Aha is more comprehensive, going beyond the roadmap and the "what" we are building to having dedicated space and structure for the "why" and "who" that drives the strategy. It's really product strategy + product development all in one. We weren't looking for an engineering tool like JIRA - we have that. We needed a place for business case development and strategic planning, sharing of real-time roadmaps, and a single source of truth for all things related to product strategy. The other tools seemed like targeted solutions to parts of product management rather than the entire discipline.

John from Vitech Systems Group

Aha! is a great product planning and roadmapping tool

Pros

the ease of configuration and flexibility for implementation is very welcome. You are not forced into a narrow scope of capabilities. Their professional services and customer support are exceptional and their product team respond to ideas quickly once submitted

Cons

as with any nebulous business function there are some ways that our organization does Product Managment that Aha! does not support but as mentioned above the CS organization is very responsive and are always willing to help with workarounds.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Jira portfolio does not perform as well as Aha when trying to build internal and external product roadmaps

Maurice from TMD Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

Easy and customizable

customizable and flexibility is key in this platform. Own processes and workflows can be fitted easy within. Clear overview together with export functions make sharing to the stakeholders professional and transparent.

Pros

Easy to use and communication with the platform. Drage and drop.

Cons

Price can be less. But yes I am Dutch...

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Beste options and able to adapt our workflows

Scott from SNCommunications

Startup experience bridging technical and business stakeholders

It has not been easy adapting the tool to meet a broad cross-organisational need for our customer but it is starting to get traction as the customer's business team starts to get visibility of their business and the impact of decisions made. It has been a great experience for everyone and the flexibility of Aha! has been a key ingredient.

Pros

This product is giving us the capability of representing complex solutions in an appropriate package for business and non-technical decision makers. Once the data is loaded, the integration with technical platforms is complete, and the language is normalised then we have the ability to represent complex technical environments for business teams and give people visibility of key technical programs. The ideas factory is also a great add-on to solicit deeper and more transparent engagements with key stakeholders.

Cons

The main con I have experienced is learning how to adapt the guidance and examples provided to match the customer's specific environment and organisational needs. Key customer stakeholders are very technical so a lot of thinking and experimentation is needed to bridge the highly technical knowledge base with the business teams needs and focus. Our experience is that the Con (being that the tool is to flexible) this also a Pro as, given time and focus, we are succeeding because of the flexibility of the tool.

Heath from The Jackson Laboratory

Powerful and flexible Platform with the best Client Success team

Great platform to drive your PM Practice. The best support team I've worked with from a vendor.

Pros

I love that there is a well-thought out Product Management model that is also adaptable. The UX is flexible so that our organization was able to adapt the Aha to our PM practices - check out Workspace types! It is nice to have something that guided us from one step to the next and not have to redo a bunch of work. Aha is really good at keeping it all connected - business, design, and technical all come together. I really want to highlight how good and responsive Aha support is. These are clearly people who have used the platform as product managers - not just well-trained sales/technical support staff. Their advice really helped us get the most out of Aha very early. We would run in moments not knowing how to implement something, giving that we were new to the platform, and Aha support would not just through a link to a blog, but would explain how things fit together. This is incredible value and really was key to us being able to be so successful early on. And, now that we've been using it for a while, we see that their recommendations played out into the future. Lastly, this is not just a tool for Product Managers - or just the team that design and builds. It is a collaboration platform. While there are some UI improvements I'd love to see, Aha was a great tool to have PMs plan and share entire Portfolios and to communicate (and get direct feedback from) stakeholders, executive leaders, and with the Ideation Portal, directly from users and customers.

Cons

I really struggle to find much fault in the tool or the team behind it. I'm likely to explore improvements to the UI that are within out control. However, it could use some UX updates. Aha is so powerful and configurable, it is easy to miss features. There are some navigation things could be done differently. But once you figure it out, it all makes sense.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

ADO is great for backlog management and has a strong set of features that help with understanding delivery. And will will use it, and integrate it with Aha. But Aha was really the best tool to align to business goals and to iterate and explore how go after opportunity

Sallie from SoftwareONE

An awesome platform worth 5 stars

The past 14 or so months with Aha! has helped us evolve our internal processes and break down barriers to provide more consistent and streamlined cross-collaboration across our teams. Working with Aha! has been a very positive experience.

Pros

I always tell people that Aha! brings together the why and the how of a solution, giving the view into the overall strategy components of a solution, mixed with the back end development and ongoing progress. It captures everything our teams needs to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track. It's easy to use and the support team is fantastically responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. As someone with little technical background, the platform and an ever-growing knowledge base made it easy to customize the experience to our unique needs.

Cons

Sometimes too many options can be a bad thing. Aha! will let you do basically anything you want, but sometimes having that ability makes it feel overwhelming. However, I'd hardly call that a con since 1) I'd rather have too many options than not enough, and 2) the support team and knowledge base help you through whatever scenario you're in.

Simon from Biotaware

A Product Manager's best friend

Pros

Having been on a long journey over the years with many different types of project/product management software solutions, none of them ever seemed to be "the one". Aha takes a different approach, and focuses on management of end-customer value that is aligned against the vision you have for your company and its products. It's the first work management platform I've used that took this holistic approach, and actually its massively empowering. I'm now able to construct high level roadmaps for complex projects that span multi-discipline teams that can be reported to all stakeholders very clearly and easily. Managing the features the team are going to focus on in a customer centric way is also great. Yes, you can use Aha for task management, but often in a product management capacity it's more important to express WHAT customer outcomes & benefits we want, and then let the team figure out HOW to deliver them. Moreover, the customer support from the Aha team is excellent, with plenty of guides not just how to use the platform, but also how to strategically tackle typical challenges that product managers face. I highly recommend Aha. It's a liberating product from a team that clearly have an awesome culture based around customer success.

Cons

Aha is a sophisticated tool that's very flexible and configurable so it takes a little while to get fluent with everything it can do, and understand the best workflow patterns with it. That said, once you find your groove it gets much easier. The support team help with that though. Pricing is also in the premium end of the market, particularly for smaller companies, but then you do tend to get what you pay for.

John from Health Network Labs

Great Tool for Project & Portfolio Mgmt

We can share project information and status immediately within our team, also useful for visual displays for internal and external meetings.

Pros

As an IS project management team, we like Aha's ability to organize all project and portfolio information in one spot. The custom report section's timeline report is used frequently for all portfolio reviews, and it allows us to drill down to a product, release, feature with 3 clicks. We also use the comments sections for meeting minutes and another task tracking. I would estimate we only use 50% of Aha's capabilities but are very happy with our purchase. I Also customer service is 5 star when I submit an email I get a response often within the hour.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but videos help. I think you need a senior resource that will take a couple weeks to sift through all the features and identify what's important for your implementation vs. nice to have. Since we are an IS PM team, we don't use strategy and ideas, we only use product, release, features & reports tabs. We have experimented with strategy and ideas features but have not had the time to fully explore. There are a couple of items I have mentioned to customer service: I would like the ability to store documents with the assurance I can recall if needed - currently, when I attach word docs I have to keep a backup in SharePoint based on advice from customer service. I would like the calendar to exclude weekends as the default (or as an option) currently when I set up releases using my templates I have to go in and change start and end dates to workdays,

Geraldine from CityTaps

Industry: Utilities

Flexible software to allow Product Managers to refocus on strategy

Pros

I particularly like how Aha! allows the PM to link the features/tasks the team are working on to the reasons why these features have been defined and prioritized over others. It gives a clear direction to the entire team. I recently joined a startup company as a product manager and I felt daunted by the amount of features and tasks that were waiting to be developed in the backlog. The team was working in Agile mode, releasing features as soon as they were developed. It was extremely complicated to organize them around objectives and priorities and we had no visibility on when each of them would become available. Some members also felt that the team was sometimes working on features that should not be considered high priority. Aha! solves these problems as it helped us organize the developments into theme-boxed releases (even if we actually put features in production as they are developed) and the master features improve clarity by grouping features into epics. Each of them are also now clearly graded in term of business value and effort and linked to overarching goals and initiatives in order to justify the priorities. The dynamic reporting features are also a real time-saver. Finally the hotline is amazing! I had a couple of exchanges with them and their reactivity and helpfulness was way above my expectations.

Cons

I have only used the software as a trial until now, so I haven't spent too much time in adapting it to our specific needs. Once we sign up for the paid version, I know that I will have to dedicate a few days to set it up to best fit our needs and customize a few of the options. I am glad that their support team is so responsive. I am pretty sure I will need their help and I am looking forward to working with them and benefiting from their experience from other companies.

Ryan from BookingBug Inc

Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!

Increased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.

Pros

Vast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.

Cons

As with any complicated software, the software has a steep learning curve and it is difficult to build new processes in a company for a program with this much coverage and that touches so many aspects of the company. Oftentimes when we began using the product for a certain purpose we found that it was often required to make adjustments in other areas of the company to effectively use the software. A good example would be our adjustment of protocols in the company with JIRA to effectively leverage functionality in Aha!. This often meant work required in those areas that was not initially foreseen. However, when was said and done - after on-boarding the product the benefit was a net increase in our ability to effectively manage projects.

Ryan from Estateably

A Product Manager's Bible

Portfolio planning made easy. We had a pretty big disconnect between business, product and development up until discovering Aha! The tool we are actively using for our development sprints is not well-liked by the business/product heads so using Aha! has made a significant difference on how we plan our portfolio of products, visualize them on a shared roadmap, attribute market strategies to them and ultimately prioritize items from Aha! as the source of truth and push the "ready for development" items into Aha!

Pros

The breadth and depth of its functionality. You can really tell this is a platform built BY product managers FOR product managers.

Cons

The ramp up time took a little longer than we would've liked but thats the nature of the beast when you are working with a tool this powerful. Once I, as the power user, got the hang of everything, I was able to hold a few lunch and learn sessions with the rest of the team to get them up to speed as well.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Better roadmap functionality, much bigger emphasis on planning and external facing capability to allow our customers to share their feedback on our roadmaps.

Grant from ApplicationWorks

This product has it all.

Excellent experience so far. Putting more time into the setup and structure pays dividends later down the track. This is where the training and documentation really puts it ahead of the competition as we have not had a situation where we have not found an answer.

Pros

This product can scale like our aspirations - it is very useful when you are small for structuring how to work, and when you are large for managing the multiple streams of development. Great integration to other products like Azure DevOps and Microsoft Teams as well, this formed a large part of our decision-making for purchase.

Cons

At first we struggled with integrating this with our standard project management tools. Then we realised that educating our delivery leads to use the built-in tools was more efficient (and cost effective) than double-handling! Problem solved, and efficiency gains as well.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

The ease of use and intuitive nature of the platform was the main driver. The other was the advanced features that we think will be required as we grow. We did not want to limit our growth to the initial software, or have to migrate mid-flight in our growth range.

ALEX from KaufmanHall

Powerful Product Management Tool

Great productivity tool for any Product Management Team.

Pros

C-Suite and Executive level Goals and Initiatives are linked all the way down to Features and Defects worked on by Engineering. Live reports (can be used in Aha presentations) are a huge time saver. A versatile tool that provides the Product Management team with lots of options for roadmap creation, program increment & release planning and tracking. Support is amazing and very responsive. Live updates to the software. Great to get new features without extra wait time.

Cons

Live updates to the software. Sometimes the updates are unexpected and break current behaviors internal processes with no warning. Takes days/weeks to adjust afterward. Unclear on why certain features are changed. The response is frequently that user groups said it should work the new way. No clarity of how to access this pool of user groups to share opinions. If possible, both new and old options need to be allowed. Where possible need to allow to turn certain features on/off at the global level. Recently started to push out certain features (e.g. Automation) only to higher subscription tier levels. Software is expensive enough to have all features at all levels. More direct/hands-on support can be kept at higher levels.

Mike from Stitcht

Only paid for task management software to use!

Great so far. Always quick to respond and really helpful. They even let me pause my account while we had a slow down in the business.

Pros

There are so few tools that allow you to develop the strategic direction of a product alongside the aspects of delivery. Being able to add the strategic vision, goals and initiatives plus link those to the releases and roadmap is awesome! I also love how as the product management I can see all the work passed to my team in a release schedule view whilst also maintaining a Kanban view for my team's workflow management. Stop messing around with Jira/Confluence, Monday or Trello and get on Aha!

Cons

The tool is so rich that it can take some getting used to but once you get stuck in then you really feel the benefit!

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

I disliked the interface and many things weren't intuitive. It also wasn't as feature rich as Aha.

Andrew from OutMatch HCM

Game changing Product Management Software

Exceptional!

Pros

The software makes Product Management possible at scale. What I love is the ability to gather all different feature and enhancmeent ideas from around my company easily through Aha's idea portals. All of our employees now know to drop any of their ideas into our portal so that the product team can actively manage them and push them into the product. Gone are the days of countless emails saying, "I wish the product did xyz..." or being stopped in the hallway to be told about a feature request. Our employees easily transfer ideas from our clients directly into our portals too. It's a lifesaver!

Cons

The product is great and I don't have any negatives to say! Takes a little while to think about how you want it implemented, but it's very flexible and can scale with your team.

Neil from Bella Vou

Tool of choice for Marketing Management

Our business lacked proper management of our (extensive) marketing functions. All goals, initiatives and timelines existed in emails, on white boards, notebooks and post-it notes. But by putting all this data into one place we're always able to link every activity to an over-arching goal, focus on those activities that will bring the highest reward and track where we're at in terms of meeting targets. This is the first time we've really started taking our marketing management seriously and we reviewed a whole range of competitors to Aha!. Aha! has turned out to be the Goldilocks of project management apps since the others we tried have either been too complicated or too simple. Everybody in our team have their own jobs to do, they're all busy people so trying to get them to buy into a complicated project management program would never work, but Aha! has achieved maximum adoption with minimum training (an no grumbles).

Pros

I like the flexibility of this software, you can get started by setting up all your top-level strategy info and work you way down, or just jump in by getting some of the tasks off your desk while adding in the high-level stuff to see results right away. Aha! talk you though their hierarchy in great detail, but there's loads of flexibility to customise it for what works for your business and it was easy to get this set up. Their Demo templates are also useful to give context to some of the features.

Cons

Aha! has been well thought out and it's highly adaptable for many different businesses, however this can appear daunting when you're first starting out since you feel you need to use every tool they have, but when you start dropping in some of your 'real' data you can see which features work, which you'll grow into and which you're unlikely to use.

Jaana from Enterprise BlockChain Solutions

Fantastic tool for a startup to manage strategy and roadmap

Pros

I used Aha! in my previous job as a Product Manager. When I started my own company, Aha! was the obvious choice for me to use to build our short and long term roadmaps. Aha! guides you through roadmap creation starting from your strategy, vision and business environment. The way Aha! is set up makes you think through all critical aspects of your business like the competitive landscape, and take them into account in your roadmap planning. Going through the roadmap process in Aha! ensures that we stay focused on the right things that bring us the most value. Aha! Customer Success Team is legendary. In my 20+ years of career I've never experienced anything like it. True professionals who know what they're doing. The team responds to issues within minutes. They resolve the issues within minutes. They want you to be successful, and provide you advice and best practices to get you there. This is how customers should be treated, and Aha! is an inspiration to us in that!

Cons

I love it all! Only downside is that now I get really annoyed when contacting someother companies' customer service and my questions and requests disappear into a black hole. Aha! has shown a new standard that other companies would benefit in trying to reach!

Marie from Doctor.com

Excellent product and excellent service

The service at Aha is outstanding! Just recently, I had a question that I needed some help with. I sent it into customer support and had an answer within a few hours. CSR worked with me to solve my problem, gave me great suggestions, and left me with a lot of confidence in Aha.

Pros

I love that it's specifically built for product managers, instead of trying to force us into using project management software. I daily use the reports for monitoring progress, as well as for setting expectations within the company around our roadmap. I've used the integrations both with Jira and Azure DevOps, and both are very solid! The ideas portal is fabulous! Easy to configure, easy to use, and saves me hours of headaches trying to manage that.

Cons

Creating a brand new report from scratch is actually harder than you would think it should be. Though, if you want to create a report from a template, it's super easy. Also, the UI definitely feels a bit dated in places. When trying to convince my company to use Aha rather than Productboard, it was difficult for them to see past the "Sexier" UI in Productboard to understand that Aha had better & more features

Tim from Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Game Changer for Product Portfolio Planning

Aha worked with us in a very patient and collaborative manner to understand our needs and create the right solution package to help us make this transition successful. They worked with us over the course of 3 months on the setup and were available on a daily basis to answer questions and provide advice.

Pros

1. The roadmap interface is intuitive, clean, and provides the visual information at a glance that our end users can easily understand. 2. The integration with JIRA is robust and reliable. 3. The support is excellent with quick turn-around and helpful solutions.

Cons

I would like a "drag and drop" ability to manage dependencies between Releases/Epics/Stories on the roadmaps. I'm sure it will be added in the future, as Aha provides an excellent forum for obtaining feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Best combination of functionality, interface, and support. Aha has tremendous experience in this field and it shows in their product.

Omar from Accenture

Bringing Method to Madness

Overall, i feel that AHA can solve multiple challenges that our team is facing in terms of standardizing a product lifecycle and creating the relevant reports across each stage of the lifecycle

Pros

A Product Manager's job is not easy, it comes with 100% accountability with 0% authority. A Product manager needs to have influence for bringing everyone on the same page without compromising individual goals. AHA really helps a product manger in getting the priorities right and communicating that effectively to all the stakeholders. I have been using AHA primarily to bring an element of governance in a team of more than 25 Product Managers who are working on similar goals but lose their track mid way during a product lifecycle and end up playing the role of only a Project Manager. Besides its usefulness, the platform has a great stickiness quotient as well which keeps bringing back you to the platform to explore more. I am just getting started with AHA but i clearly feel that this tool will be a great value addition to my team by aligning everyone with the organization goal of our business

Cons

I think AHA is pretty much 10/10 in terms of the feature but i feel that if they had an on-prem deployment option, then it would have made our case easier for deployment on our premise as there are some client sensitive data which make using the SaaS version a little difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Because it aligned with our vision of a classic product management lifecycle

Awesome Product!

Love every aspect of the product. I've been using it for over 6 years in various roles.

Pros

I love the enhancements and community feedback systems. It's also very easy to demonstrate roadmap timelines to our stakeholders.

Cons

We bounce between product and project management roles. The Gantt chart and project aspect could be better. Also would be great to have version management so we can produce variations or roll back to variants of the roadmap.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Ease of use, user interface, integrations.

Steve from Inseego

More than just Roadmap software

Aha is a great SaaS platform with huge potential to solve Program/Project management challenges at any organization.

Pros

Originally researched and purchased as a means of providing better roadmaps and visibility, Aha has done that and so much more. We really enjoy the different features Aha offers including the SWAT analysis, vision statement, personas, goals and initiatives. All these tools help keep us focused on what matters most for our customers and company and provides a simple interface to manage it all. That said, Roadmaps are still the single most loved part of Aha and that alone make the service worth the investment. Their response times to emails are also amazing.

Cons

The largest issue we have with the Aha platform is the integration with Jira. Our existing Jira instance is self-hosted and locked down to internal network connections. Having IT open our network to allow import/export to Aha has proved to be our largest challenge to date – which admittedly shouldn’t be terribly difficult. Other than Jira integration, the cost structure could be better and include more users for less.

Peter from PDGSEO.com

I had a major Aha! experience switching to this awesome tool

The benefits you get from Aha! are unlimited. By integrating it into your product team you'll likely want to do some hard training to get everyone onboard. Although they do offer exceptional training modules in their admin panel.

Pros

Having worked in the SDLC on many projects, I've seen the good, bad and ugly. Often the struggle is working within the confines of closed-system solution such as Jira. The pros of Aha! are it's 100% cloud-based so access is simple (especially for me since my employer requires PCs and I work on a Mac). Another big feature is the mapping function which makes project status and planning simple with visuals. I also think the polling functionality is pretty nice to poll your team on their support (or opposition) of specific features. Face, the less time you spend in meetings, the better you can engineer and code product.

Cons

Hmmm...the cons are few. Perhaps the only one I can see is some fintech companies are scared by using third-party cloud-based products. Honestly, it's not even a con. For example, one fintech I worked for relied too heavily on traditional DevOps people who were advising against cloud yet didn't truly understand the security benefits of most bona fide cloudies (i.e. AWS has been PCI compliant since 2004).

rosa from FinanceGenius

Organize yourself and your plans

Pros

Lets you plan a roadmap the way you would in real life - in many tiers, from strategic to actual user stories that will be completed. These roadmaps are visually appealing at all levels! That means you can present and share your work and plans at any level of detail without having to pull out graphic design tools to abstract out the details or "make it pretty" for a presentation. I LOVE their notebooks. After I share a roadmap or presentation, I create a notebook so I can always track a "snapshot" of the plans I presented. This lets me go back and reference how things have changed and why they changed. I like the ability to create and track personas as well as competitive information in their wiki type pages.

Cons

I have not figured out the right level of integrations with JIRA. The integration is very robust, and a full integration is easily supported. But that means when someone changes the info in Jira, that change comes over. Not what we are looking for. This may be more a process problem, but something we struggle with.

Mark from Volto Urbano, LLC

Industry: Cosmetics

The Software I Dreamed Of

When we had questions, Aha was on the case hard. When we needed a video conference, they were right there. I cannot say enough how nice it is to deal with such caring professionals.

Pros

It gives me the views, ease of use, ability to change on the fly that I've always wanted in platform neutral project management software. Using the cloud, we are able to coordinate and hold each other more accountable for every project in our pipeline. From product creation to market launch, we feel well covered with Aha.

Cons

Learning how to tailor Aha to how you want to see your business took me a couple of days to wrap my mind around how it should look and flow. I must changed the initial layout 4 times before I found exactly what I needed. Then it flowed easily. The ability to customize terminology and report options has made the learning curve faster for those I have trained.

Laura from USA Technologies

Industry: Program Development

Highly Recommend Aha!

After shifting from a user of Aha at my previous company, to now the set up/admin at my current company, I'm relieved that the Aha! team is just as easy to work with as their Aha platform. The Aha! team has been so helpful in getting me set up, quickly answering questions, and providing a tool that will help serve my team. Thank you to the whole Aha! team!

Pros

Aha! is an extremely flexible yet user friendly tool. I've used Aha in other companies and sought them out after how much it helped my previous company create structure and organization with numerous cross functional groups and development teams. Aha does a fantastic job at creating one centralized "source of truth" that allows all levels of an organization view the information that's relevant and meaningful to them - from senior level executives to product managers, business owners and dev teams.

Cons

The downside to this software is its flexibility, but it's also it's strength. There are so many features and all the various functionality is fantastic but can make set up and training a bit time consuming.

Jon from Sydney Local Health District

Great Start!

Program-level road mapping is looking very positive. We are looking to continue the evaluation for a bit more and then look to purchase a number of enterprise-wide licences for program and project managers to utilise and share a common and collaborative platform.

Pros

Very robust, yet flexible to my needs and presentation. Always accessible with the cloud-based format. Visual illustrations of roadmaps and timelines across many projects and programs conveys customisable key messages to all key stakeholders- Executives, managers, and team members, alike. Customer support is also awesome; I was able to engage in a 1:1 tutorial and answer all my queries at that time and readily afterwards.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve as to how to apply the software to fit my requirements and intentions. Customer support helped a lot to easily overcome that.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

For the integration and features noted above.

Amanda from Cargolux Airlines

Gives you the big picture

Configuration may take a long time to achieve, so you should take this into account if you plan to use Aha. For those who need only visualizing roadmaps, this product can be too much, as they wouldn’t use most of its functions.

Pros

+ Flexible data models and hierarchy + New (and useful!) features in every update + Convenient for gathering input from different departments and teams + Reports + Ideas Portal + Integration of every project part into one smooth experience + Transparency + Easy information sharing + Reducing of manual work on notifications + Helps planning for teams and strategies

Cons

- Some things need a ton of clicking to achieve - Somewhat complex hierarchy - UI design: the look needs major refreshing - Not all features are easy to access via mobile devices - Functionality requires some getting used to - No integration with YouTrask, so you have to use JIRA (can be worked around, though, if you use an API) - Reports need more interactiveness: static images are sometimes no good - Looks a bit outdated

Larry from Intermedia

Aha for full product planning and transparent communication of the roadmap

We were minimally trying to put some organization into our product plans, but at the same time, we were making a shift to an Agile product development framework. aha was critical to the success of this and as we grew as an organization, transparency and communication of the product plans became critical and aha made that easy for us.

Pros

from the overall vision through strategies and initiatives to detail on individual iterations, Aha has enabled our organization to thoroughly plan our roadmap with transparent visibility for a multitude of audiences.

Cons

there are no cons. Aha is the real deal for product managers to plan, manage and communicate their product roadmaps.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

I evaluated Prodpad and Jira Portfolio. Aha's more specific and detailed focus on all dimensions of roadmap planning, execution and communication was the key decision factor.

Chris from Newmark Knight Frank

Great Product Management Software

Outstanding. It’s become very popular within our organization and is the proof that we know what we are doing because it keeps all the product data organized and searchable.

Pros

Cons

Restriction of the all or nothing Product Manager role. Would be nice to have a role in between who can edit update requirements on features.

Thom from Metrolinx

Trans-formative tool!

Ability to organize, rank and manage SDLC.

Pros

We've used Aha for a few years now to manage new features of our large, waterfall-based software platform. I've used other tools that are simpler and others that are more complex/comprehensive. For me, Aha is a great middle ground that is very easy to use and modify without having being too complex to configure.

Cons

I wish the pricing was handled differently. Needing to commit to a full year of license costs before adding a new product owner to the system has made some process changes in our shop more difficult than they would have been if the pricing was more dynamic. Also, I would prefer a license that charges a smaller fee for all users rather than a large fee for each product owner. It would make it easier for me to sell system usage internally.

Michaela from Skull Mountain

Every product manager's must have.

Pros

We've used a lot of product management software options. Categorically, Aha! is the best available on the market. The holistic approach of Aha! to product management is incredibly useful, and forward thinking. We have always advocated customer centric product approaches and Aha! really lends well to this way of thinking and framing your products. I can highly recommend Aha to any business interested in efficiently trading and managing their product function.

Cons

There's really nothing I could say as a negative to the software. The support team is extremely helpful and I have not yet had an issue.

Joshua from Lifemesh Corp

Master, Product & Marketing

I already have; see Pros and Cons.

Pros

Workflow is sensational. Hierarchical nature and flexibility to structure product and marketing in a synergistic nature are unlike any other product I have used. Integrations with JIRA are superb, robust, and reliable. The support team makes us feel like they work at our company. Idea portals allow us to engage our customer base and elicit feedback to help us build our roadmap.

Cons

Aha! is a premium product, and comes with a premium price tag. While this is an easy cost/benefit win, the cost of Aha! as a startup may be difficult to justify. Despite this, Aha! does offer a startup plan for new businesses, which turns this Con into a Pro. To my fellow startups out there working on Go-to-Market and launch, I strongly recommend reaching out to Aha! to see if they will accept you into their Startup program. Aha! is run by former Product Manager's who understand our struggle, and this program is ideal to give you the advanced tools needed to be successful with your launch.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Completeness of offering, integrations, prior experience with Aha!

Matt from Author-it Software Corporation

Awesome platform for managing product development for distributed teams

A massive increase in visibility and comprehension between sales/product design and the development teams. We now have better certainty about features and requirements, and there's a lot less 'lost email' that previously led to confusion and delays.

Pros

Very complete product for working on one or more product management projects. We've noticed a 'tightening up' of both our internal and external teams for communication, comprehension, and delivery as we shifted to Aha. It feels like we've barely scratched the surface of what's possible in the product especially with integrations and the various template, workflows, and automation. We have two development teams on our first Aha project, and Aha has made it very easy to see the dependencies between teams and keep the conversations and 'to do' tasks in one place. Customer support has been proactive, and I could get on online meeting upon request to clarify some very specific points that related to our workflow. Documentation is also very good and for a deep product there is a high degree of intuitiveness (if that's a word).

Cons

It's a big program for sure. I didn't realise how much data entry I had to do until I could everything in one place, and manage the feature/requirement/task relationships properly. That's a 'con' because I hate having clarity on how much work I need to do.. For a web application Aha is very rich/deep, so the UI takes a little time to comprehend

Nick from Layer Systems

The perfect solution for software product managers & development teams

Introducing Aha! into our product delivery process has further reduced the gap between product & technical teams and resulted in a more predictable & stable team cadence. More importantly, our adoption of the product has helped us deliver projects on-time, whilst continuing to manage and prioritise requests from existing customers. Prior to discovering Aha, we were planning an in-house tool which connected our product managers to development teams. After a short trial, we finally got that "Aha" moment when we hooked up Atlassian JIRA & Slack and realised that we wouldn't need to spend time away from our core business activities to develop a solution to manage ideas and product features. We've been using the product for almost a year now and have required support twice for minor issues. In both instances, the company has been ultra-responsive, with answers coming from actual product managers at the company... even late on a Saturday night. The product does have a slightly steep learning curve, but if you stick with it and take the time to set it up, it's well worth the upfront investment in time! Supporting everything from company vision, right down to individual feature specifications means products managers have everything they need to keep our product relevant and ahead of the curve.

Joe from Generac

It's a must have if you are a product manager

Terrific! Very patient and willing to jump on calls. Couldn't ask for more collaboration.

Pros

Hello- I am on year #4 of using Aha! for managing my product roadmap. It's a single location where your product teams can effectively manage their backlog, create user personas, outline releases and build out your business canvas. I love that you can update these elements in real-time. Also, there are so many great features like the idea portal where you can store potential ideas that don't necessarily become features. Don't forget about their blog and resources.

Cons

For those individuals that don't have access to Aha!, they want feature detail- which they are unable to get without a license.

The only tool I know that does the job.

Finally a tool that actually supports Product Managers properly.

Pros

Supports the Product Management process really, really well and helps communicate what's going on. Very flexible and can model most processes. The external idea portal integration is neat, and so is the ability to integrate with external tools like Zendesk. Support is very, very fast and helpful with product usage questions.

Cons

It's a bit Jira-like in that it is hyperflexible with everything. It's very difficult to grasp what's happening for anyone who isn't a PM, and even for PMs there's some things in there that aren't particularly intuitive (some of the filtering and reporting UI for example, or the fact that there's a tiny dropdown that defines whether you're looking at the company or product, and also impacts your settings screen etc). I also reported a few UX bugs to the team and received the standard "it's a feature, not a bug" response which was a shame. This is I think the downside of having Product Managers as your Customer Success people.

Mario from Honeywell

Elevate the maturity of your Product Management organization

Pros

Aha! is doing for Product Management what JIRA did to Project Management, it is setting up the right framework to squeeze the most value out of the brains of your product management team. It allows to create a digital representation of the strategy of your organization and take it down to the most low level detail that your engineering team will need to execute the Roadmap.

Cons

The majority of the shortcomings of the tool have been improved already as part of their own roadmap and release plan that adds additional features based on customer feedback. For me the reporting side needed improvement back in the day, but with the latest version all my needs are met.

Jhinezka from Kaiser

Aha....

Pros

The visibility and accountability that the tool brings to delivering our product and easier to manager product portfolios. The easy to create reporting aspects and how they updates automatically once created. The ability to customize things to what fits your organizational needs.

Cons

Initially this tool was not easy to learn and use use. There was a steep learning curve in the beginning and it was confusing learning how to navigate. Thankfully for the great aha support team, in particular [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she was fantastic at walking me through the software and teaching me how to build the infrastructure to our organizations needs. Because of her help, as the designated Aha super user/guru, I was able to teach my department how to use the tool with confidence.

Great tool for portfolio management

Pros

Finally a tool properly designed for Product Managers! Use it every day to capture ideas and keep track of high level epics/ initiatives we use it weekly during our executives meeting and that helps to keep everyone informed and re-prioritize on the spot when needed. my personal favorite is the notebook feature that we can then share. We use it to project our roadmap on our big office TV as an information radiator to keep everybody informed of what's coming

Cons

I'm not a huge fan of everything being driven by date I would like more flexibility around that as we are using it Kanban style and having dates on those initiatives doesn't help. the integration with Jira also requires a bit of learning to keep what you need in sync

Jon from Gainfully Employed

Over all, the easiest most feature rich product of it's type

Easier management, improved communications, better roadmap visibility.

Pros

Incredibly easy to setup and use. After watching the training videos I was up and running with a test project within the hour. The interface is clean and consistent, and largely self explanatory for anyone - you don't need to be a product or project manager. The fact that it provides light functions to bring together different business areas and report on pretty much everything is a real bonus. I have used Jira in the past and a complaint often heard from non technical staff is 'it's too techie'. Aha is not - it's very simple, and as a bonus integrates with Jira if that's what your dev team use. Support is also lightning quick - quite literally all of my comms have been responded to withing the hour - sometimes within 15 minutes - and that's an answer from a person - not an automated 'we'll deal with it sometime never' response.

Cons

There is very little not to like. If I had a single criticism, *some* parts of config are not that obvious, but very little. I am actually struggling to think of another con. I guess the file manager/document management could be a little bit more feature rich if you are used to using confluence you may notice that.

This is a very useful software for building the product feature roadmap and tracking it

I am able to build my product roadmap and have it in a state where it can be shared easily with others, track the progress of features and plan ahead.

Pros

The product works well for the most of the product development lifecycle. It is customizable enough to have multiple products and product lines tracked efficiently and in detail. It's Pivot reports functionality is very powerful to view the features grouped by various parameters and generate some excellent reports.

Cons

The integration with JIRA is sometimes a little unstable, especially when it comes to custom fields that we use heavily within our organization. It could also do a better job about allowing more ways to input and represent the detailed product strategy in the Strategy part of the tool

Shri from RiseSmart

The Best Product Management SOftware

Aha is what makes a product manager's job easy. From tracking the vision to reporting on roadmap progress, Aha encompasses most features that a PM would need in a platform to manage the complex world of product management. Moreover, their support probably is the best in class. Wouldn't even think about using any other platform for product.

Pros

An all encompassing product management platform that allows PMs to focus on the planning.

Cons

Need a bit more flexibility for admins, but Aha is getting there for sure. Over the years their turnaround time for enhancements has been awesome.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Seamless and bi-directional Jira integration.

Manuel from ABUS Security Center GmbH & Co. KG

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Flexible applications

We used Aha! for the first time for a project to manage the software releases and the backlog. So far we are very pleased with the ease of use and have already used it in a project now. We have also successfully applied the export and summary options in the business reviews with the stakeholders. We will continue to use Aha! in this project!

Pros

Easy management of releases, backlog and features Comprehensive tools for capturing and editing ideas

Cons

Functionally the intended way of Aha! is wonderful. If you want to digress a bit (we work more with features in the releases than with phases), this is connected with extra work.