What are Asana users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Asana software through verified user reviews

10,838 Reviews

6,183
3,627

• icon"It's like Facebook for task management. The best thing about Asana is surely design, it is minimalistic, beautiful, smart and goal oriented."
  • icon"Asana has a super friendly user interface that makes task management far more joyful than other competitors."
  • icon"Asana is a great software it keeps things easy and clear to follow...the way it has listings and timeline helps to navigate through the activities I also like how it tracks milestones of a project."
  • icon"There is nothing a find to criticize in a negative way from this product, by the way."
  • icon"This can be frustrating because you are only able to see conflicting requirements in the Timeline view."
  • icon"The whole application left me indifferent or even slightly repulsed. That sounds really harsh when I write it, but it's the truth."

Browse all Asana Reviews

• Have you used Asana and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 10,819 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 10,819 reviews

Leighton

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Excellent Project Management Tool

Emily

May 2022

Asana For Life! (Forget Trello)

Love love love it! Recommend it to any company, especially ones who have continued a remote model.

Pros

I also love Trello but for very different purposes. When it comes to project & task mgmt./collaboration, Asana smokes Trello, and pretty much every other alternative. Asana makes remote collaboration a breeze, integrates with just about anything you need it to (Gmail, calendar, [even Trello]), allows you to customize so much of the platform, and even allows you to export boards & tasks into Excel.

Cons

No cons I can think of! Maybe a more customizable dashboard homepage

Reasons for switching to Asana

My new company at the time used Asana and I ended up loving it far more than Trello

Esther

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

March 2022

A solution to maximize and accelerate workflow.

Asana is one of the best task managers, where you can organize your projects and work together, adding users is very simple and so everyone can go to the same virtual workspace from any device, increasing productivity. (I recommend balancing the workload of team members with Asana Resource Manager)

Pros

What I like the most is that I can attach documents and local files from Dropbox. I can filter tasks and projects either by alphabetical order, due dates, etc. It's a great collaborative tool to improve productivity. We can manage tasks and activities from anywhere, with any browser, plus I can also do it from my cell phone with my Android app. With Asana is possible to organize as many teams as needed, as well as projects, creating, assigning and monitoring, it is a very complete workspace, safe where we finish tasks faster and more efficiently, a process that has changed positively since I use Asana.

Cons

-There is a lot of competition in the market, however Asana has known how to stand out, but its price could be more competitive because there are definitely cheaper or more attractive free versions. -I would like to see it linked with more integrations, it would be perfect. Also a more simplified Asana guide, the software is full of features that require a learning curve.

Andrea

May 2022

Asana makes my life easier

I have been using asana for at least six years now. Before, I used Excel for complex projects (I worked as a consultant) and to-do list applications for other matters (including, personal.) Since I got asana, all my projects are in one place. In Asana I basically have my life project. I've had a great experience with the application, and I'm glad it now has a desktop application.

Pros

First, I would be delighted with the interface. The projects are on the right, and I can switch between different layouts at the top. I use List and Calendar. I like that in that same view, I can see my labels. I use the labels to prioritize tasks across projects. I like how intuitive it is to navigate through the projects. Second, I like how easy it is to enter information. I can schedule tasks from my email. I can save notes under each task. Third, I like how easy it is to collaborate with others.

Cons

There is no plugin to convert links into tasks when using Firefox. That is so far my only negative point.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana offers everything I was looking for: a cloud solution, robust enough to collaborate with others, and intuitive. Asana has exceeded my expectations.

Jordanna

Industry: Graphic Design

April 2022

It's a solid project management platform for larger teams

Pros

Asana is great for tracking communication between team members on multiple projects to ensure everyone is on the same page. It has lots of different functions and helps to promote clear communication.

Cons

For smaller teams it is not cost effective as there are much cheaper (or free) alternatives out there.

Reasons for switching to Asana

I hate kanban boards and Asana has more view options.

César

Industry: Computer Hardware

A great productivity tool

Asana is the productivity tool I use with my small workgroup at school and it has never let me down, the productivity and efficiency of my group increased exponentially with the implementation of Asana. It is a very well-thought-out tool that meets everything you need; it works fast and accurately, and the interface is intuitive. It is great software to improve your productivity, either in a group or personally.

Pros

Asana is a great project manager, it has many tools that favor collaborative work. The task and time management in Asana is flawless, and the different ways to present your organization are great, whether it's a list, a task flow, or a calendar, whatever you use does the job. It is constantly evolving and updating software, so it can only get better. An important point in favor of Asana is the integration with third-party applications, such as Google Calendar or Notion, very few software have such a complete third-party integration. Overall, it's an excellent tool for productivity whether you're working in large or small groups.

Cons

Asana fulfills most of the functions that it promises, however, it would be nice if the free version is not so limited, mainly because in small workgroups this can be a compelling reason to give up using Asana. Also, when you first start using Asana, the learning curve can be a bit slow, but after a few days of using it, you get used to it.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana is much simpler and it is simpler in task and project management.

Asana is my choice

We use Asana to plan and manage online course developments at a private university.

Pros

Asana is fairly easy to learn and is effective for project management without getting too deep in the weeds of project management. Oh, you can get deep in the PM weeds if you prefer with Asana, but going deep isn't necessary for the product to work well.

Cons

I'd like to see better note-keeping and note-finding abilities. It's sometimes important to document conversations and occurrences that happen outside the digital realm.

Reasons for choosing Asana

We liked the customization ability, UX, and ease of use of Asana.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Jira was a terrible UX. I had used Asana in another job and thought it would be better for our purposes. Indeed, it is!

April 2022

The power of Kanban: meet Asana!

I’m pretty happy happy with Asana, it was a game changer when we started to work with third parties. The workflow management is impeccable. Since we’re working with people outside the company, is very important that everyone have the same decision-making power, and Asana provides that.

Pros

My company use Asana when working with partners, so we need a perfect software to integrate, communicate and delegate tasks with people outside the company, and Asana checks all the boxes. A calendar is provided to integrate with our mail and it is very easy to use, we use as an agenda, so everybody, including partners outside the company, knows what everyone should do and when they should do it. It has a nice mobile interface, which is very important to me as non-friendly technology user, I’ve never had any problems managing my team with my smartphone. The features provided are incredible, especially to integration with other programs.

Cons

It took a little bit of time to adapt to Asana, we use Trello for internal management, but Asana is way more complete when it comes to work with people outside your work environment. It lacks on notification customization, but this won’t affect on any level of management at all.

Reasons for switching to Asana

We use Trello for internal management, but Asana is more complete on features and integrations to work with people outside our work environment

Pedro

Automation at its best!

Overall, Asana is in the top platforms in the market for project management. We have been working with them for the past 2 years and don´t intend to change in the near future. It has all the features that we need and is continually optimising internal processes.

Pros

Asana is not just a to-do list. It features great tools, including an organised calendar, template all of your work flows and set up systems and automations to really up level your productivity. Asana makes it easy to manage task and workflows that cross over into different business tools. Team collaboration also works at its best, as you are able to communicate with team members and up-dating tasks in a very intuitive way.

Cons

The mobile app is not very easy to use, but I assume that this is an issue in the overall market for a project management platform. There is way too much tools in order to make it all user-friendly in just one small screen.

Reasons for choosing Asana

Seems like the most useful product in the market after brainstorming with the team.

Ernesto Alfonso

Colaboración Eficaz e Intuitiva

Los flujos de trabajo son insuperables con Asana. Es la mejor plataforma de Colaboración que he usado, en cuestión de colabaración y equipos es muy poderosa y eficaz.

Pros

Asana es la plataforma de colaboración, planeación, y seguimiento de proyectos más robusta y completa que existe. Implenta poderosas herramientas de Colabaroación, como seguimiento de proyectos, calendarios en colaboración, ofimatica integrada, planeaciones grupales, en fin todo lo que necesitas para colaborar.

Cons

No es tan sencilla la plataforma, requiere un poco de capacitación.

Reasons for choosing Asana

Es más sencillo que las demás plataformas, la incorporación de notificaciones, mensajería y chat es sumamente útil ademas de la capacidad de integrar mas herramientas colaborativas.

Marcus

Easy to Use Project Management Software with a Hefty Pricetag for full features

For smaller projects where a visual timeline and lots of subtasks are not critical, this is an excellent and easy to use platform for project management.

Pros

Asana provides an easy platform to setup a project with a full team and assign tasks and deadlines to team members. The clarity for assignments, reminders, and keeping a schedule are excellent.

Cons

You have to pay the premium to get access to additional features like a timelines and subtasks, but the cost/benefit of that premium is hard to justify vis-a-vis the features of the free platform. It's a high additional cost to unlock those, in my opinion, marginal benefits.

Reasons for choosing Asana

The free platform features were enough to keep us using Asana over paying for other products.

Gustavo

May 2022

Good choice for people who does need a management tool

I stop using the system since I found myself and my coworkers wasting so much time at updating the activities in the platform.

Pros

It does offer several productivity features The interface is user-friendly They do have a reasonable price

Cons

It is probably contradictory with the purpose of the platform, but I find it to be a time consumer many times. For little organizations, it does not worth using this kind of system, since you need to keep everyone doing their best. For massive organizations, it might be ideal to keep trace of everyone activities.

Reasons for choosing Asana

I read about the platform and I thought it could offer us an extra productivity percentage.

Justin

July 2015

Asana - A great tool with some limitations

Pros

I really like the idea behind this product. It is nice to have a tool that has the potential to reduce the amount of emails you receive every day. I liked seeing what my coworkers were working on and what timelines they were given to complete tasks.

Cons

Although the product is designed to reduce the amount of emails, the default settings actually increased the amount of emails in my inbox. I was constantly receiving daily updates and reminders on what needed to be done still. Every time someone commented on the Asana task, I would receive an email. I know that this could be changed in the settings, but I believe this should have just been the default.

Ck

May 2022

Great at workflow and project management

Pros

The first thing you notice is its clean and modern UI. Don't let that fool you, because once you start playing around, you will notice that it's feature-rich. It covers most project/task/workflow management and tracking needs. Even after using it on daily basis for almost 2 years, I am still finding new functionality that greatly enhances the user experience. It is also highly customizable for your needs. The best feature it offers is the timeline view that allows managing dependencies a breeze. It has free and paid versions. For small teams or for personal use, you can easily get away with the free version with pretty much all the same features as the paid version.

Cons

One thing I hate about Asana is email notifications. While you can customize them, they feel very spammy when you start out and they are not well organized. They make finding relevant information hard enough that you are better off visiting the full website instead. You can have nested subtasks, which is a great feature. However, organizing and sorting them is not possible without 3rd party assistance. This makes it pretty much unusable if you are dealing with hundreds of subtasks.

Interface and user experience

Oussama

Industry: Import and Export

Amazing control with Asana

From my personal experience, I managed the marketing and sales team at Indaxia for three years across the Asana platform including social media and the company website. Asana allowed me to save a lot of time and cost since our eight sub-centers are hundreds of miles apart, and I was able to juggle different tasks such as supervising contract graphic designers, reviewing sales reports for sales staff and even running various meetings with the help of the Zoom platform During the pandemic, unlike many companies, our company's performance never declined because we were used to working across Asana before the Covid pandemic and in great coordination, so we were fully prepared to deal with such a situation. With the exception of some minor modifications, I see Asana as one of the most prominent platforms that provide the user with an integrated and exceptional experience in its category.

Pros

In fact, the most distinctive thing about Asana is its integration as an application, which allows it to have complete control over all aspects of your projects and even your personal life, arranging your priorities and organizing your time and work team as you see fit. The interface of the application is very beautiful and distinctive, easy to use, whether from the phone or the computer, a very consistent design and a very successful selection of colors, which creates visual comfort. Multiple options in organizing and categorizing your documents, enabling linking to websites and social networking sites and managing them through the platform is very useful for emerging businesses or even large organizations to save time and costs and ensure timely commitment in performing the required work. Asana's performance reports are really impressive, and allow you to monitor your performance and that of your team as a whole and easily diagnose and remedy problems if any exist.

Cons

In such applications, I really like that there is flexibility in controlling the background and modifying it to suit the tastes of users, and the point here is that the application allows the user to add pictures of his company or his work team or anything related to the user as a background to the application, this really enhances the sense of belonging to users I really hope that in the future Asana will devise a way to remind users of upcoming deadlines through automated phone calls, as email is often not useful in circumstances of heavy tasks and messages I also like to always remind the importance of direct linking with other business platforms such as delivery platforms, freelance, and others, in order to meet all the needs of users through the platform, and this will be by investing strongly in the development of suggestion and recommendation systems because it is really a necessary feature for this type of platforms

Reasons for switching to Asana

Organize meetings via video calls

Tracy

March 2022

Asana is the most important online tool I use for my Business.

I love the fact that I can manage my Branding and Website design clients along with my social media management clients all in one space. I very rarely get emails from my clients now and all communication and planning take place in Asana. This seems to save me a lot of time and energy and stops certain requests and tasks from getting lost in lengthy emails. Being able to keep track of tasks within big projects is SUCH a game-changer. My clients and I are always on the same page and can always see where we are within the project. For my social media management clients – having one space I can manage them all and see all their content calendars is a huge benefit. Using tasks to plan the month and each post – assign to my client for approval – then reassigned back to me to be posted has really streamlined my workflow.

Pros

The most impactful feature for me is the ability to create separate projects for each of my clients and customise the layout to suite their projects. I love the face that you can now switch between the board, calendar, and list view as I use each for certain projects. The board view is perfect for my Branding and Website design clients as we can see the whole project laid out. While the calendar view is fantastic for my social media marketing clients where I can view the months and what content to place where during the month. It is so simple to use that even my less tech-savvy clients can use it and end up incorporating it into their businesses. I love that I can easily integrate it with my Google Office too.

Cons

The thing I least enjoy about Asana is the pricing. Am unable to afford the paid version with the awesome extra features but I do make do with the free version.

Mehandi

Asana Review

I am handling my entire business on Asana from Team Management, Task Management, Project Management, Client Onboarding, Virtual Assistant Management to Payments tracking all is done in one platform.

Pros

Project Management, Team Management, Task Management/Tracking, Timer, Third Party Integration, Different views for a project. Very user-friendly interface and easy to use.

Cons

Some features like time-tracking which is available in the free veesiom of Clickup is in the paid version of Asana also there are other features im comparison to Clickup like Hiding of Projects from other team mates is in paid version of asana.

Reasons for choosing Asana

It is easy to use, setup and manage.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Trello was a bit complicated for me. not tjat much user friendly for my clients.

Dustin

February 2022

Collaboration Made Easy!

Asana can be used in multiple different ways. It is so easy to communicate directly with employees and clients directly from each project. Asana will keep you organized and it will keep you on track to meet deadlines that you might have. I use Asana for several different areas of our business. Asana solved our issue of having information in several different places. Asana has helped us stay organized and operate more efficiently.

Pros

Asana offers a wide range of features that will help, no matter what you use it for. I love how they are always adding new features and tools. This is a great platform for collaborating with colleges and clients. Asana can also integrate with apps that you use on a daily basis. Asana can be used in several different ways, and you can customize your view to fit the type of project you are working on.

Cons

If you are using Asana for very basic projects, there is not a whole lot to complain about. If you are using Asana for more complex situations, there can be a bit of a learning curve. For what I do, there are times when I need to copy or duplicate a section inside of a project. Currently, you can not do this inside of Asana and the section has to be duplicated manually.

Reasons for choosing Asana

We decided to use Asana because of the wide range of features that they offer. You can have one area of Asana that you can use for internal projects and a completely separate area where you are collaborating with clients. Asana also offers outstanding customer support and help documentation.

Mike

Industry: Online Media

What's to like about Asana

It's essential to our project management for our remote team. We can login from anywhere and see what's on the agenda, update items, and share progress.

Pros

Asana is a powerful project management tool for our team. It allows us to have a central place online to add client projects, marketing projects, and in-house projects and keep track of them. Totally love the recurring task feature.

Cons

I have a lot of completed tasks! It would be nice to be able to more easily archive them and clean my space up a bit more.

Reasons for choosing Asana

Price point and it was recommended by another industry colleague who was raving about it.

Reasons for switching to Asana

We need more robust features.

Julie

December 2021

Asana is a great project management tool

I'm using Asana since the beginning of 2018. During this time we were looking THE project management tool for our company to be able to manage our client project. I spend a lot of time to benchmark and test the different project management tool. We decided to test Asana in the beginning of 2018 and since then, we are using everyday. At the very beginning only the project managers was using it, now everyone, included our client is using this tool.

Pros

The way everything is well think, the UX/UI team of Asana should work a lot on this tool interface because it's super easy, fast and intuitive to use it. I love the fact that I'm able to create any kind of project for any kind of client by using the same tool and by setting approximately the same column - and by adapting my tags according to the project. Also, this tool is used by everyone and understandable by everyone internally and externally! We reduced a lot the emails with the clients which secure a lot the projects.

Cons

The only little point I would like to improve/to add would be to be able to export any type of view: for example to be able to export the calendar view when a project is set. Even if a public link can be create and share to any one, many of our client prefers the pdf format and it is easier to attach on some client contract for example.

Reasons for choosing Asana

We didn't have enough IT project to work only on Jira. With Asana we can manage our social media project, creative and IT ones.

Grace

December 2021

It offers an excellent service to manage all your projects.

I have been using Asana for the last three years and it works perfect for what it was designed for; task and project management with collaborative tools and integrations, based on a simple system but able to unite teams and increase productivity. It is affordable and everyone can start using Asana, and for enterprise scale performance there are good plans or licenses.

Pros

Compared to other software/platforms, Asana has stood out for the following features: +It has integrations with important applications, such as Tableau, Salesforce, Google Calendar, Office 365, among others. +It has a highly interactive dashboard interface, you can leave comments, attach files you have on your computer or from Dropbox, G Drive or whatever your storage tool is. +Customer support is more responsive and friendly. +It is more efficient as it is perfect for working with large teams, has fewer limitations and is more professional. +More flexible customization. +Can track multiple projects with multiple timelines. It has several functions to manage a project, also to communicate internally in a team and to follow up on tasks. We can plan campaigns in advance and it is easier to know who is responsible for each element. *I like the dashboards because it helps me to visualize the work progressing in stages. Everyone has deadlines and due dates in their responsibilities, it's a more organized work, with reminders and so on. I can change views and visualize my tasks differently. *Assigning tasks is easy and you can put sub-tasks. Integrations with other applications improve the process of activities and expand the possibilities.

Cons

I think the only thing I have to mention here is that the search filter is not as robust a feature as the other tools, so I would like it to be optimized, with more options and customization.

Abraham

Industry: Mining & Metals

Best Free Project Management App for SMB

Asana is very easy to use, fast, reliable, and powerful. Just with their free version, I've got nothing else to ask for. It got all I need to run my business and work with my clients. It's the best free project management for me.

Pros

When we switched to Asana years ago, I didn't appreciate it right away because it's a new environment to me had to make a lot of adjustments. But as I use it every day, I got familiar with the app very quickly. It is very easy to use and might have a little learning curve. Navigating the app is all common sense though, and their help docs are very handy if you got any problems. Even though I'm familiar with the app, when I tried to open their knowledgebase, I was surprised to know there's a lot more I can do with Asana. Even with just the free version, it's so powerful and you can do so many things! It's good enough for SMBs who are just starting out. For me, some premium features are just too much so the essential features are sufficient for my business and work. Another thing I like is you can switch to Kanban view, so it's a goodbye Trello for me. I use this view often on sprints and it's very handy and effective. Another feature I like is you can convert an email to a task in Asana just by forwarding it to a specific email they give you, then it will be added automagically in your specific project. I'm also happy that they have released their desktop app. That's a huge help for me in decluttering my browser tabs.

Cons

Asana is a beast. There's nothing to dislike from this app.

Reasons for switching to Asana

No list view and very few features. Most good features are paid, in which they are free in Asana. UI/UX is also better in Asana.

Rick

Asana Most helpful in Project Management

I have used several project management software and this is the tool that seems to be most popular and functional with cross functional teams. Very few hiccups in the user experience. There are more expensive softwares with many more functions...but Asana is very proficient to get the job done for small and large teams or organizations

Pros

Asana is a great collaboration tool that helps teams work well together on integrated fronts and many different tasks. It has a lot of flexibility/customizations capabilities. It has a free plan to start with..but once you get into it..you see the value of buying a more advanced option.

Cons

a bit confusing at first for some...but once you spend time with it...it makes sense

Options

Smartsheet not as capable

Sim

Perfect Project Management Software

We could easily organize a small team with Asana, create sub task of larger projects and assign responsibilities.

Pros

Very easy to use and understand Versatile in its functionalities Good templates for 1:1 or any other possibility to organize your tasks with your manager or team Good free functionality Lifesaving reminders! And unicorn rewards for finishing tasks

Cons

It is not as userfriendly when trying to attach pictures / files, as other programs. Not everything can be dragged an dropped. Sometimes it is a bit fiddly when trying to move tasks to other groups

Reasons for choosing Asana

Most easy to use Good prior experience

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana is more versatile than trello boards for organizing. Asana even has the same functinality + many others

Antonia

best option for those who want a free tool

I think Asana is one of the best project management tool for a one person especially in its free plan. I speed up my work a lot during the time I was using Asana, and it also helped me to collaborate with two team mates. But when it comes to make a step higher (for example if you need a proper collaboration with your team or if you want to customize it better) the paid plan is not so cheap and it offers less than other tools.

Pros

A couple of years ago I totally fell in love with Asana for it's white background and the cleanliness of its interface. I'd say "nomen omen": it's easy to focus on your work and feel a sense of peace while working with Asana.

Cons

Time tracking is a critical part in my job and I didn't like the integrated tool in Asana (there was only Harvest at the time, now ther's Toggl which is much better).

Reasons for choosing Asana

It has a great free plan and it's really easy to learn

Reasons for switching to Asana

Trello is too confusing and there are less customization opportunities. For examples it miss a calendar view on the free plan which is, in my opinion, a fundamental of the project management

Showing 1 - 25 of 10,819 reviews