(4,752)

4,752

(2,986)

2,986

• Pros

• "I love how this app is so simple and easy to use. This is by far the best project managing app I've seen. "

• "I really liked and enjoyed the prefessional look and the features to keep the tasks under control, very good!"

• "The app is awesome so I can use it easily on the go! This has made it so much easier to keep track of my tasks and focus on the most important items."

• Cons

• "tool is great but it is not easy to understand some of the things are very complicated for example tags option "

• "The Asana interface is simple to use on the computer, but the navigation is less intuitive when being viewed on mobile. "

• "It's a little dense. It can be a hassle to pick up if you're a newbie but there are an abundance of tutorials and guides that will help a new employee learn."

Browse Asana Reviews

Ken from Living Water Digital

If I only had ONE tool, this would be it.

I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Pros

Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Cons

I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I looked at Trello, but it seemed a little busy and clunky. I needed something intuitive, and Asana just seemed more user-friendly to me.

Sarah from Design

Highly recommend Asana

Overall, I love my experience with Asana. The software is so simple to navigate, it makes my work life a lot easier control.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to navigate. Due to the clean and simplified design, I can "add/create a task" with the click of a button. It gives me the options to add a project title, project description, due date and even categorize the assignment. As a Graphic Designer, each design project falls in various categories, and it is extremely helpful to be able to label each one. I also love how easy it is to add people to your account, and not only be able to assign or pass projects along to them, but to be able to view their project lists as well. Lastly, it only took a few minutes to have someone explain to me how to navigate the software, which is not only wonderful, but time efficient.

Cons

I would love if there could be a feature where you can instant chat your friends. With that chat box, we could easily talk about project details, etc, instead of having to open up a separate browser to write out an email. I believe having a chat box would allow more direct and faster communication.

Easy to use and quite straightforward

The first thing I find it very useful is that it helps a lot to manage my time and set priorities for different tasks. Because of its ability to be in different projects features, it will be quite handy for the ones who involve in different teams of a company like HR, Project Management.

Pros

It's quite easy to use and it has helped me a lot to keep track of my daily tasks. I find it very satisfying to complete the tasks right after i finish them. It is also handy for the management team to review everyone's tasks and how they're doing at the end of the day. It has already got essential features for task management even in free version, but I'd love to go premium later.

Cons

I hope it could provide more features like insights and trends in free version. But it is still okay to see the general insights of your work.

Hugo from UnicornPowered

Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade

I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pros

The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Cons

Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

Reasons for Choosing Asana

It was free, was always in evolution, offered simplicity. I have used the paid version also the features are greats!

Jake from CCM

An honest review: The Pros and the Cons!

With the exception of having trouble reaching customer service to address a billing issue, I have nothing but great things to say about Asana. Our experience using the software has been great. It's helped my team to stay on top of multiple projects/deadlines at the same time without letting anything slip through the cracks.

Pros

Asana is extremely beneficial for tracking your progress/success on large team projects or individual tasks. The key features Asana offers can help you to ensure your team meets specific deadlines, any stumbling blocks are addressed in realtime, and it keeps everyone on the same page. I've used other project management softwares, such as Teamwork and Asana has been the most user friendly platform I've used to date. If you have members on your team that work better with daily reminders, this can be extremely beneficial to keep them on track and ensure high productivity!

Cons

There's one thing in particular that I've found to be frustrating with Asana. Their customer service has been extremely hard to reach at times. They do have employees with phone extensions, but you won't be able to find them online. They do provide a chat feature, but don't always follow up in a timely manner, which can be frustrating if you're operating on a deadline. Specifically, we had an issue with our billing and I could not get a hold of someone from Asana for weeks. We fortunately found a way to contact a representative from an email I had saved from prior communication. Aside from this, I have no cons to point out about the functionalities of the software itself. It's a great tool and would beneficial for any team to use.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We've used teamwork in the past, but Asana has a cleaner look and is easier overall easier to navigate through. My marketing manager, who has managed many large teams in the past was a huge advocate for Asana and she was right!! It's well worth the investment.

Asana is a great team tool, but could use some tweaks.

Overall, it is great to have a one-stop shop for all active projects, but it can often allow for tasks and updates to get lost in the ether, amongst its many many levels of 'tasks' and subtasks, etc.

Pros

Overall, Asana is a very robust and well-rounded project management tool for teams, allowing for near complete customization depending on your need. It can be used as a very high level/overview approach to projects and tasks, down to a very granular and detailed level of project management.

Cons

While the software is incredibly robust and able to be manipulated to your individual or team need, the lack of structure can be a bit daunting. Our small design studio has fairly replicable and common design 'tasks', yet despite my endless searching and researching, there seemed to be little in the way of 'templates' for client/branding-driven graphic design studios, to get started. Rather, it feels very geared toward web and developer design tasks. Also, while I do often work with clients transparently throughout the design process (allowing them into Asana to help accomplish tasks), as well as contractors, Asana is not particularly friendly for studios as small as mine. Rather, it is more geared towards larger studios with many internal 'teams.' And, clients can get lost commenting and checking and responding and sharing within the platform, as the Inbox feature feels cluttered and sometimes lacking visual hierarchy. For example, a comment can end up attached to a specific sub-task, where it will not be seen easily in the overall project task–and getting missed altogether sometimes. Lastly, while Asana is very customizable, some of the ways they treat teams vs. projects vs. tasks can feel a bit backwards, leaving you to 'jerry-rig' the layout and items to work in a best-case project flow for you or your team.

Mike from Digital Hill Multimedia

Asana for Client Social Media Project Management

It's our go-to project management tool for client social media work. We are a remote team so we need a cloud-based tool to keep everything organized and it does just that. Love the mobile app as well.

Pros

Asana has been a huge asset for our team. We can break client work down and keep it all orderly in one place with great updates.

Cons

Sometimes I get to many emails! Takes time to go in and identify who should get what alerts and updates.

Nic from NicMuhl.com

Accuracy for teams!

Asana has helped me help my clients in increasing efficiency and establishing an understanding between multiple business areas.

Pros

Asana has a number of templates and various different ways to manage and execute projects of different natures. For example, I use and always suggest to my clients that they use a weekly meeting templates where the sections match the various business operations such as marketing, operations, accounts, warehouse, etc. This allows items for discussion to be addressed in the weekly meeting and then allocated to the projects and individuals for execution. It's great for collaborating and ensuring that everyone in a team nails their dealings.

Cons

I do find it a bit pricey for smaller businesses, especially when handling multiple clients/projects from a single account and each project needs to be private. It's too expensive for freelancers or small agencies.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I had previously worked in Asana so it was easy for me to grasp. I also need to train my clients how to use it so it is imperative that I have a thorough understanding of the products I implement for them.

Isaac from WebConcepts

One of the best Project Management Software

I am using asana everyday creating tasks, managing projects in a very easy way

Pros

I liked the simplicity of the usage, adding a task and applying it to a user is very easy also other feature the software has

Cons

I would improve the way of managing the workspaces so it will be easyer to find and remember in what worspace i have added a task. Another thing to improve is the way to find any project as the projects are showing on a left column without a way to search and find the needed project and lot of times when you have a large list it becomes very anoing

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I just started to use it as my college use it and it what easier for both sides

Aleksandar from Handwritten Solutions

Not bad, but not great

It is extremely easy to create tasks and subtasks with Asana, but it really needs a lot of work before it became mature Project Management software. As mentioned we switched from ActiveCollab to asana due to company policy, but we didn't find what we were looking for. We used it for some time (3-4 months I believe) and then we went back to ActiveCollab during the lifetime of the project.

Pros

How easy it was to create tasks and subtasks, and start a discussion about a particular task or item.

Cons

Lack of features. Many project management features are missing. There was no easy way to create and manage milestones and no views like a dashboard that will give you valuable data about the progress and project status.

Eddie from NexusEdge Education, Inc.

Best in class product

Pros

While my head of product can speak more to the specifics, we felt that of all the many products we've evaluated in this market, Asana solves those use cases best and provides a lot of flexibility at a very reasonable cost.

Cons

Not everything is perfect, but newer versions started limiting some functionality about how we represent data about specific items on the task list. Sometimes I wish tasks could be tracked in a more storyboard format, but that was less for the use case of software development, and there are other platforms for that.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Basecamp is terrible and confusing.

Gabriel from Globant

Best way to coordinate work between agile teams

Asana is one of those tools you can't live without when you add it to your workflow. It offers great capabilities to coordinate people and leave all decisions made about a topic in the same place. If everybody in your organization is using it, you can really leverage its power. Its beauty relays in its simplicity, you can't make fancy things such as track progress of a big project distributed between several teams, but you can use your imagination to go over these issues. The API will give you all the flexibility you need if you know how to code.

Pros

- The ease of use of Asana is one of the best out there no matter the product. It's so easy to start creating task and discover what can you do with them it easily adjusts to your work flows, specially if you work with lots of people. - Everybody can edit tasks, this allows to use Asana as a hub for communicating everything related to a topic, tagging tasks and mentioning people so they get notified. - Hotkeys, I hate going back and forth between the keyboard and mouse (hate using touchpad), Asana provides hotkeys for almost everything you need to do, tab will be your magic key.

Cons

Poor reporting. I work in agile projects and would like to see BurnUps and burn downs, be able to define sprints and reporting associated to the big picture. To do so, you have to manually create projects that act as sprints, you end up with lots of projects and lose the big picture. On the bright side, it provides an API, so I connected to it, and using tags I was able to create customized reporting. Expensive, its cost compare to world-class project management solutions, like Jira. I believe it's worth the money, but as a small company we couldn't afford it. (this was a year ago, before starting at Globant)

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Freemium model of Asana allowed my entire company (over 20 people) to work on the same tool without paying a cent. Its simplicity allowed everybody to use it, so change management would be a breeze (and it was).

Mackenzie from EGYM

An Advanced Version of Trello

Overall, we have been very pleased with Asana. From a team project management standpoint and for keeping individual tasks organized and prioritized, Asana is a step up from Trello. I would recommend this for distributed teams working on various projects (with or without other business unites) who are looking to get and stay organized.

Pros

Asana operates similarly to a Trello board, but has more features and functionality, making it a better investment for teams and individual contributors. Asana enables you to both track tasks along a customizable set of groups and track/prioritize tasks for individuals and teams. Not only that, Asana's interface makes it easy to have and store conversations pertaining to project success with real-time alerts when a new comment is added. It has made working with my team and other business units much easier!

Cons

Asana does have some limited functionality that can result in lengthy conversations within each project "card." Because you are unable to link text, you must paste the full URL, which can get messy when you are adding 5-10 URLs to outside pages/docs/etc. We also cannot add rich text features like tables, which would prevent us from creating a GoogleDoc with the table and adding the link to the text thread. Small inconveniences, but inconveniences nonetheless.

Jillian from ApexDrop

Best Project Management Platform

My team manages Marketing Campaigns and Design Projects with Asana - we did a trial with Monday.com and ended up staying with Asana because of the over all features and capability of the platform along with ease of daily use...Asana is by far the most user friendly task management platform available!

Pros

I have recently optimized my team Asana usage by increasing the number of projects they can manage on their own in addition to Admin view / reporting...these optimizations were a GAME CHANGER for me as the administrator and manager of up to 15 Asana users. It takes a bit if playing around with features but everyday my team is becoming more efficient through their Asana project and task management.

Cons

The only thing that could have swayed me to rate this platform a full 10/10 would be the Customer Support. There is no "live chat" feature with Asana which makes it incredibly difficult and TIME CONSUMING for the clients to research and dig around the articles and forums to find answers for them selves. I'm a millennial and do a ton of research before I get to the point of frustration in not finding what I need so it takes A LOT for me to seek out a response from support. My answers are not easily found and I spent about 3 weeks trying to figure features out on my own - "live chat" with support would get this to 10/10.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Monday.com had WAY too many features - it was chaotic! Asana has a clean interface that makes it really user friendly and the Admin view has improved immensely over the last few years making it much simpler to manage my team.

Filipe from Self-employed

Asana review

Asana is the best way to organize my work and share project status with clients Easy to use on desktop and mobile

Pros

Asana is a great application to organize my tasks I can organize it by projet or client or software version, .... we can define tags to organize task and projects With Asana I can have a overview of my projects where I want, work great of mobile as too Asana can share task with others, to great overview of project Asana is easy to use for all people

Cons

At moment Asana have a lot of functionalities that is enough for organize my work I use it every day with out any problem

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For me Asana work very very much beter than others solutions

Intuitive Collaboration and Project Tracking Tool

I have been using Asana for close to two years now to track my day-to-day activities, project cutover tasks and tracking support tickets. I like the design and the layout of the tool and how intuitive every action is. Would definitely recommend it.

Pros

Ease of Use - The tool is intuitive. No learning curve needed. Organized User Interface. Automated Email Notifications. Cloud Service - Can be accessed using thin client. Search feature works well and is fast. Adding Tags.

Cons

Unintentional clicks sometimes triggers actions. Configuring the automated emails was a bit confusing - Emails were sent out to the whole project team whenever a new task was created which we didn't want. We eventually configured it properly.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We tried it within our team for a couple of months before making the decision. Everyone liked the layout and how easy the tool was to learn.

Dave from Bananadesign Ltd

Fantastic project management app

Very pleased with Asana for project management and I now use it with any project that has milestones and multiple people involved. I tried many project management apps but Asana was the clear winner. And as it is free it is a no brainer!

Pros

I really like the way you can structure a project and see what has been done, and what is left to do on one screen. Many apps hide completed tasks but with Asana you see everything. Assigning tasks, due dates and commenting on tasks is very easy. I also like the different ways you an view milestones (list view, calendar view, etc).

Cons

Customers sometimes found it a bit hard to get started. I'm not sure if this is anything to do with Asana or with clients just getting used to something new. Once I had a 5 minute phone conversation to go through it with them, they were on board and using it easily. Some clients switched over to using it exclusively.

Great task-oriented project management tool

We manage all projects with Asana. It's really a great tool! I've tried Jira and Trello, but Asana wins them all!

Pros

+ Easy to use (task oriented) + Statuses, projects... + Collaboration (description, conversations, attachments, notification) + Gantt chart is great! + Slick UI and UX! Great work!

Cons

- Premium features (processes, automations) come with a premium price - Missing feature: a place to store all product feature specs (documents) - like editable documents in folders (something what Jira has with Confluence, but with better UI/UX)

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana has the best UI/UX, easiest to use and to get along.

Bethany from Underground House of Prayer

Lots of Functions

We love Asana and tell people about all of the functions within it that allow us to streamline most of our work and communication.

Pros

Asana is so diverse in it's functions that it meets all kinds of organizational and communication needs. We use it at our church for simple tasks lists, meeting follow-up tasks, small to large team projects as well as having long-term groups distinctions within Asana to create projects within. There's even a great feature that allows you to keep ongoing conversations and document links within specific tasks or project teams. I even have a separate folder within my Asana username for personal tasks and projects for my family, so all the distinctions are helpful.

Cons

Asana is getting easier and easier to use with time and the developers have been making it more intuitive, but it was harder to figure out than a couple other project managers we tried.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana had a really good free version and it had so many powerful functions. We would have gone with basecamp due to its intuitive design, but it costed to much per month. We're very happy with Asana now that we've been in it for a few years.

Billy from William Heany

Asana is great both as a freeware option for task management and larger business tracking

Asana is an effective tool for any size organization from the solo entrepreneur to the 1000+ person team. I recommend it and have used it in multiple of my own projects

Pros

Asana has the ability to filter extremely granular from major projects all the way do to individual tasks done within the project. While it can't give 'status updates' for every portion of a major project you've worked on, you can track all of the things you've completed. This means when you have top-down organizations that want to be able to track everything that's going on a site, they have the ability to do so and drill into the current tasks being worked on

Cons

Asana has 2 major issues - 1st is the lack of export features to excel or other spreadsheet type formats. My company ended up having us do dual tracking because it would not allow this. 2nd, tasks put in a board that aren't used very much are extremely easy to forget about. This means without manual checks a lot of 'to-do' type items never saw the light of day again when surrounded by another large list of 20+ things.

Ciera from REVOLVE IMPACT

Best Platform for Project/Team Management

Initially it was a bit overwhelming to set up and sort through all of the features and uses, but once you work with your team and figure out a system it is hands down the most useful and intuitive workspace / task management platform. There are always new features and integrations to be learned which is great to experiment and use as you grow with the platform.

Pros

The best part about Asana is how customizable it is in so many different facets, you can really tailor it to the needs of your specific team and project. The amount of functions that it has and its ability to integrate other apps and services within it makes it extremely versatile and intelligent once you customize it to all of your needs. I also enjoy that there is a mobile app version.

Cons

With all of its endless functionality tools - it can be a bit daunting in setting up the ideal layout and structure of use for your team. There are so many options and features that can make the software seem almost too sophisticated and complicated for everyday use. Not exactly user friendly up front, but once you figure it out and are patient in working out tailoring your workspace it is very useful and covers all bases.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Overall product reviews, feedback from others who have used Asana, and the number of features and functionalities.

Pretty much quite literally, my life is in Asana's hands.

Generally, having ALL of my upcoming tasks (and past tasks for historical purposes) along with the granular ways I can share tasks with others has been a pleasure. I will keep using Asana and hope they fix my main gripe at some point.

Pros

Over the years, with one exception (see below) Asana has proven to be able to evolve with the times and add features while sticking to its core purpose & values. I love the integrations that are available, all that is included in the free tier, the heavy emphasis on keyboard shortcuts and the mobile app. The key feature for me was its ability to manage multiple workspaces with ease.

Cons

Honestly, I love Asana. I have used it for keeping track of my life (personal and professional) for years but there's one thing that happened this year that is a rather large pain point for me and many of its users, judging by their community forums. Every time you switch to a new workspace, it opens in a new tab. This sounds small, but it's HUGE when you're always switching back and forth. I used to use it as a web app (without the browser chrome) so it behaved like a native desktop app. Now, as soon as I open a new workspace, it launches the browser and opens in a new tab. There's no option to disable this new "feature" and the community has spoken. Here we are almost a year later and no explanation or solution has been given (the last time I checked). Boo. That's why I docked ease of use. Also, it's starting to feel a bit heavy on my tablet. Desktop performance is still OK but does take a while to load.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Honestly, a good bit might just be familiarity at this point. That and the available integrations, and what can be accomplished on the free tier if I'm in a situation where there's no budget for a paid solution keeps me recommending it over the others.

Heidi from Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce

The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree

I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

Pros

I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that. I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes. If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

Cons

There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat. Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.

Carlos from Centro de Salud Santa Ines UCAB

Collaborative software for project and task management.

I recommend this software responsibly because it is one of the best solutions that work teams have to manage tasks and work projects. With Asana you will be able to develop different types of collaborative activities quickly and efficiently, improving the product of your work and adding to your work dynamics a lot of productivity. Acquire this software and improve your work dynamics.

Pros

Asana is a software designed to facilitate the management of projects and tasks in the working environment. The most important features of this software are the following. -It is a software that strengthens teamwork thanks to its shared workspaces, which are divided into projects and tasks. You can manage large projects, as well as you can manage small operational tasks in your work and assign obligations to other co-workers. -A well explanatory central panel, which mentions each of the details of the project or task you are carrying out and the tools applicable to your projects. -Receive instant updates on the progress of your project or tasks, plus notify you when a member of the team made changes to the project. -You can schedule meetings and pending tasks. -All the projects and tasks you are managing are stored in the Asana cloud. -It has a multiplatform application, so you can access the software from your smartphone.

Cons

Asana has one of the best project management platforms I have ever known. For more than three years I have used this software for work purposes, and both its collaborative workspace tool and the option to develop projects, tasks and store them in the cloud, work excepcionalmemte. Asana developers have done a great job developing this software for businesses. It is a very complete and efficient software for me.

Michael from Self-Employed

Simple and easy task management

I use this as a quick way to jot down ideas, suggestions and tasks when communicating with clients and then I can come back and expand on the tasks with more details when I have more time. Adding in sections to distinguish priority and time-frames is nice as well.

Pros

It's so easy to setup a project and add in tasks when in a rush. It's extremely easy to invite people to join your organisation and being able to have up to 15 for free is amazing. I find the option of being able to view tasks in both a list and board view very useful.

Cons

I use it in a very simple manner just to manage ideas and tasks on different projects so currently there are no cons. A few years ago I did find it to load slowly but they have fixed it and increased the speed.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For my use case Asana is a lot simpler and easier to manage.

Moshe from JBL Brands

Great clean software for managing tasks !

It helps us manage workflow, organize tasks, and delegate tasks. I use it mostly for delegating. Overall I am very happy

Pros

The interface is clean simple and fluid. There is no waiting or load time on any pages, which I consider a very important requirement in any software, especially a task management software. Its intuitive any easy to use

Cons

No good solution from time tracking. No good hierarchy option for organizing tasks. Its not built with every day tasks in mind, its more focused on projects. but its simple interface makes it easily usable for any tasks you need. Chat is near real time, but not real-time.

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pros

I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Maria from fitnessmarkt.de services GmbH

Good software with room for improvement

Asana is a recommendable tool for task management with a very comforting surface. It is easy to handle and set up projects, tasks and teams. It though lacks some useful features that other task management tools like JIRA or teamwork offer.

Pros

Asana is very well designed and has a really nice optical appearance. It helps to structure projects, timetables and priorize tasks in an easy understandable way. It offers a good mobile solution with the Asana app.

Cons

Although it regularly sets up new features and helpful improvements, some features that are essential to me are missing: - The overview of my tasks is a list that can not be sorted in many ways. It only offers to select from project, due dates and likes. I would prefer a sorting by due date connected with the priority of the tasks or due date connected with projects. As I often have up to 15 or 20 tasks per day it would be great to sort them more accurately. - I miss the possibility to priorize tasks independently from their project. E. g. a task is assigned to my within a project and marked there with the priority medium. It though has high priority among my personal due tasks. - Dependencies (not sub-tasks) cannot be set between different tasks. I would like to have the possibility to set a task as dependent on the completion of another task.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Better user surface, easier to understand, already experiences with Asana. JIRA though is used for IT tasks.

Gabrielle from Church at The Well

Asana - more than a to do list

It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner. Other programs may compromise it’s appearance for an easy to use dashboard, while others may forfeit the simplicity of its app to appear colorful or modern. Asana does both! Our team uses Asana on a daily basis. It’s more than just a to do list, it’s an app that truly makes its users feel good for getting things done. From the trendy emojis that occasionally pop up, to the easy to use dashboard, this app is a must-have for any company or team to use!

Pros

Cons

There is some confusion in regards to setting up the projects or team boards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to duplicate tasks on a team board to a private project.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

It’s overall appearance is modern and sophisticated, yet isn’t overly complicated to use whereas many other programs only offered one or the other.

Zeynel from Atauni

Amazing productivity tool

I have used this software when dealing with complex projects. I have been planning my weeks with Asana. Whenever I feel overwhelmed with tasks, I use Asana to organize my works. And I want to keep it that way.

Pros

+ İt offers all feature any productivity tool can. +Help menu and tutorials are so incredible that it takes only minutes to get the hang of it. +When I create or edit a project, all you need appear in one page. This design help me edit my project most effective way. + I can add task with sub-task, set due date both task and sub-task, add notes, sort them, filter them, assign them to members... and all these stuff can be carried out in one screen. Amazing! + Setting due times for sub-tasks is really important for me, and Asana one of the few software that make it possible. + There are board, list and calendar view options. It is really helpful when creating projects, different each other. + I can view and edit my task in calendar view. + There are well-organized templates to create a project faster. + It is possible to import and export project. No need to waste time when you want to study on a project with different software. + I can to sync projects to calendar and see the task of project I had selected in my calendar. + There are shortcuts for almost all stuff. That makes editing projects even faster. + Even the free version meets all my needs and expectations. Wonderful!

Cons

- I want to set priority levels for tasks, and to sort and filter them by priority level. But Asana doesn't provide this. - I really like it is possible to set due dates for sub-tasks, but it would so much better if sub-tasks appeared in calendar view. - Each project has its own calendar but There could be also a main calendar that help users to screen all due dates for all projects and tasks combined. That would make the software so much powerful.

Jade from Larson Design Group

Industry: Civil Engineering

Excellent tool for project/task/list management

I have been using Asana for both work and personal projects (two separate accounts) for about 6 years now, and I am obsessed. I am constantly thinking of things I need to do for work or personal ideas and business ideas, and it's great for capturing them and organizing them in one place. I make it a habit to cycle through all of my projects once per week to review upcoming deadlines and update the status of projects (sometimes more often). There are some coworkers in other departments who use Asana heavily, but I have not been able to convince my group to use it for collaboration. I would love to get them away from using email, Word docs, and spreadsheets for project collaboration.

Pros

Everything! However, I like that it is easy to quickly add tasks and projects, especially from the mobile app. I rarely miss deadlines or forget things since I started using it. It is a great "container" for all of your project steps, thoughts, notes, ideas, etc. My life would probably fall apart without it! I use the search feature constantly as well.

Cons

There isn't an easy way (that I know of) to see all items across multiple projects that are due on the same day or week. It's possible that I'm not using it the way the folks at Asana intended.

Connor from Catalyze Academy

Cliche Warning: Asana Changed My Life

I was introduced to Asana when I started as a new coach for an established executive coaching firm. At the time, I considered myself wildly-unorganized. I'd tried various task-, time-, and priority-management tools in the past and none of them really stuck. Asana was the game-changer for me. I don't know how to explain to beyond the fact that the workflow and systems seem "natural" to me. The overall flow seems to match the way my brain best operates, and their features have made tracking everything on my plate (which seems to increase every day) seem almost effortless. I'll be leaving that executive coaching firm shortly as I launch my own business, but I'll definitely be taking my experience with Asana with me. I can't imagine trying to run any aspect of my life, let alone my business, without it.

Pros

At the risk of sounding like a super-fan (and honestly, maybe I am), I love almost everything about Asana. But I'd say my all-time favorite feature is the Today, Upcoming, and Later sections. That might sound minor, but that super-simple approach to task, time, and priority-management has been a game-changer for me and my clients. It's allowed me to stay focused on what matters most in-the-moment without losing sight of longer-term vision. Beyond that, the collaboration features are second-to-none. I run every aspect of my business through Asana: Blog posts, client workflows, meetings, presentations, and so on ... Literally everything gets tracked in Asana. And because of that, it makes it very easy to outsource projects and collaborate with others. Finally, another important feature for me has been their Advanced Search feature. Unfortunately they recently removed this from the "Free" plan, but it looks like I've been grandfathered in. Honestly, this feature alone is probably worth paying for if you use the tool as extensively as I do. I have literally hundreds of tasks in Asana, split up among various teams, projects, and sections. Managing a database that large without an intuitive search feature would be a nightmare (and, honestly, probably a deal-breaker). Thankfully Asana's Advanced Search functionality doesn't disappoint (and their "Saved Search" feature makes it easy to quickly access common searches).

Cons

Two things come to mind: I'm really not a fan of Asana's "Home" or "Inbox" tabs. Honestly, I don't understand the point of them and find it a little frustrating that the default view is "Home" rather than "My tasks." Their Home view is a cluttered mess that doesn't give you an insightful or helpful look into your day or your priorities. I ended up creating a custom bookmark straight to the My Tasks view to avoid it. Same goes for Inbox: It's not that I've had a bad experience with their inbox tab, it's just that I don't really understand the point of it. I've never found a viable use case for the Inbox tab after coaching dozens of entrepreneurs through the program.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I wasn't with the company when Asana was originally chosen as our go-to task management solution, but I believe it was Asana's easy collaboration features that made it the obvious choice.

Carlos from Fullo C.A

Asana project management software

More than saying it is an intelligible, fast and modern way. Useful in free version. It is multifunctional The timeline view facilitates the management of dependencies. This tool helps you prioritize projects and pending tasks. It gives you the ease of seeing what you have worked on and accomplished before to assess progress. This software is truly useful for teams, facilitating the ways for projects to be completed on time. In my experience, Asana solved several problems where I worked as a team, we worked comfortable to give the company full growth. Asana as a project management program gives the function of monitoring dependencies. Be comfortable with larger or larger projects in which the relationships between tasks are more complicated. In my opinion it is a suitable tool for companies to grow larger.

Pros

Pro: It is ideal to organize your work, Asana allows you to plan and structure the work in a comfortable way for you and your work team, in this way help you meet the deadlines, the platform offers you the creation of visual project plans to see how each step is assigned over time . As well as providing you with setting priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks, all in a single tool, it is super practical, to progress with your commitments, with it it is much easier to identify risks and eliminate recommended obstacles using custom fields to track the information that is most important for your team or company Even when the plans change, it gives you the opportunity to advance projects and tasks at each stage of the project by giving a report on how your work is going. Share the results with your team and see how the work progresses to see what is on track and what needs attention. You know how the work evolves and can be aligned with everyone and the goals, also use the timeline to create a plan that shows you how your entire project fits and helps you keep the job in the best way as things change . It allows you to manage time viewing the work in a calendar as well as easily locate gaps and overlays in your schedule and make adjustments quickly. Turn common processes into templates that guide your entire team and you can use . It gives you the handling information with the right people. Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensiti

Cons

Cons: Some articles can be improved (but that's what the reviewers are for) It is limiting for the organization of projects for the team calendar, but will progressively improve . Now it is my pleasure in my work to assign two people to a task so that there is support for the work, when someone is absent, we are human and things can happen, You can't combine calendars but I'm sure they will solve it . It would be good if it is implemented more easily with Outlook or Gmail. It would be great to facilitate sending email tasks to Asana . As well as, the creation of new section headings for tasks and lists can be improved. In addition to improving more aspects of the interface and make them customizable. It does not allow the personalization of funds but they are banalities, it is not important

tammie from tigerpocket press

helps me run my business

asana is keeping me totally organized. i have a very specific list of what needs to get done each day. at a glance, i can see what i have next for every single project and i can see what i have planned for the day and the week. (i love the calendar view for my tasks!) it's SUCH a great feeling to check off all the items you have on tap for the day! and it's not just mindless checking off tasks, it's getting me closer to my big goals.

Pros

keeps me super organized because i'm a one-woman show and i can't keep it all straight without asana! i love that you can view things on a calendar and sync to your ical or google calendar. i love that you can create different projects and can create subtasks. i don't have a team, but it has tons of great features to assign and keep track of tasks for teams. i check in on my tasks multiple times a day on asana to keep me focused and it has helped me accomplish more than i thought possible. i also love that you have the option to create kanban boards. you can create recurring tasks which is super helpful. i have all of my projects color coordinated and have due dates set so it keeps me super organized. and it's free!!

Cons

i wish you could switch from list view to kanban view, but you have to select one or the other when setting up a new project. also, since i am a single user, i wish it would automatically assign all tasks to me, but i have to enter it every time. (if you don't assign a task to yourself, it won't show up in "my tasks") i check in multiple times a day to my tasks, so i have to make sure i have assigned all the tasks to myself so they show up and don't slip through the cracks. i also wish that when i completed a task, it would be removed from my inbox. (instead, i just manually archive all items in my inbox every couple days)

Simon from Mission Drive

An essential tool for our business

As a small business that has both internal staff and contractors Asana helps us break projects into tasks and keep track of where we are. It’s easy to set up and use which means everybody uses it.

Pros

Asana makes both managing projects and product development simple. Dare I say it? Perhaps even a pleasure. A pleasure because of some of the funky features it has - unicorns fly when you complete a task, friendly monsters peek at you over cards. But it’s certainly not frivolous. Projects are easy to set up and track. Team members can build a clear view of their work. Admins can report on progress.

Cons

It’s a shame you can’t assign tasks to two people. And that, in calendar view, you can’t rearrange tasks into the order you wish to do them.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Pivotal is great for software development. But not as easy to set up and use.

Dilanka from Jinasena Infotech (PVT) Ltd.

Good and very simple tool to manage your Team and Tasks

Asana helped me and my organization in resolving daily issues when assigning and managing tasks over Projects and Teams. We are an IT Service/Development company where the tasks and resource tracking is the base of billing. Asana helped us in tracking tasks in a very good capacity. However it is seen that the lack of customization ability was given a burning problem increased over days with growing requirements.

Pros

Implementation easiness saved a lot of time. User provision and giving them the access to play with Asana was a great advantage when it came to a full-stacked IT Development Company like us. Simple and elegant design was another plus mark.

Cons

When it came to the day to day functionalities in use users found it little difficult to take the full potential of the assigned tasks because of lack of details captured. Asana should focus on least functionalities to allow end-users (administrators) to customize data/information capturing fields. If the feasibility is there to add some more data driven fields it could have been a great advantage.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

In terms of professional look and feel Asana was in the top of the list even with Trial environments. Lack of customization was a common issue with all these three products, however Asana with standard implementation, covered most of our requirement at that time. That lead us to select Asana over other alternative trails.

Wil from Viridian Agency

Tracking my team and projects has never been easier!

Pros

With Asana, I'm able to easily track projects my team is working and on and where they are with completion. We live off of board view as that gives us a visual idea on what needs to be handled next and by whom. Clicking a box on the board and seeing what tasks have been completed gives me simple access to see who's accountable for things during a project and address any errors in the process. Asana has done an exceptional job also, with making things customizable so that it functions to our company standards and needs.

Cons

The only downfall is that I wish Asana had more options to integrate time tracking as we depend on that to bill our clients. So separating billable from non-billable hours is a must for my company.

Christopher from OneWorld Properties

Workflows for dummies!

Asana is a great platform for designers and marketing teams but may not the perfect solution for more business-finance oriented individuals. Asana feels like an upgraded Basecamp and Zoho with pretty visuals, fun integration, and task/priority management in a nutshell.

Pros

Asana's visually engaging and provides an easy at-a-glance view of projects depending on the template you've chosen for a group/project. In addition, its customization allows for easy task management and tailoring to your organizations needs.

Cons

As a newer user, I found that also having too many options made me feel some decision fatigue. I wasn't sure which template to pick but it took some experimenting and onboarding with Asana's team to figure out what worked for my organization. We currently use it for marketing projects internally and it is being used daily which has been helping workloads and making sure that the team is aware of what is going on.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Zoho feels dated. We were able to do the Asana free trial and found that it met our company needs and hopefully it will continue to meet and exceed our expectations! So far so good!

Kylee from SMS Holdings

Task organization made simple!

Before we found Asana, we were having difficulties in communicating all project needs, deadlines, and expectations. With 9 members on our marketing team, sometimes details can get lost in the daily shuffle or smaller tasks may be pushed to the bottom of the list to make time for those higher priority projects. As this happened, some projects were getting overlooked and deadlines were missed. Then and there, we decided we needed a platform where the entire team can input projects, deadlines, detailed notes, and expectations. Back and forth communication is key when running a large team, and this has allowed us to give instant feedback and ask questions directly under a specific task. If we do ever need to push out a deadline, you can make changes to any of the tasks/sub-tasks. Then, notifications can be sent out via email or desktop alerts. That notifies any user associated with the task that something on it has been changed. This feature of Asana has also been a major asset to our team. Lastly, the calendar feature, showing all present and future tasks, has been a much needed addition to Asana over the last few years. When we thought Asana couldn't be more streamlined, it upgraded to add in the calendar! Seeing everything in an overall view on the calendar is very helpful, rather than just seeing the tasks laid out in list form. It helps us to see everything in a more "big picture" view, so that smaller projects aren't forgotten and deadlines aren't missed.

Pros

The best feature of Asana is the ability to share tasks, deadlines, notes, and projects with team members. By linking our entire team on one platform, it has streamlined our review and turnaround process. There are no gaps in communicating what is needed on a project and when its due date is expected. This has been invaluable to our team! You can assign each team member a task, the date it's due, and add notes to clarify things.

Cons

Truly, I cannot think of a single thing we dislike about Asana - the capabilities are exactly what we were looking for. It is easy to use and has updated over the years to match trends and the growing needs of its users.

Tom from SR Digital

Asana a great work management tool

the overall experience of asana is very goo, its a well built and well designed system that I can imagine I will be using for a long time to come.

Pros

one of the things that stands out to me as a designer, is intact the UI. love the colours and the features of the system. also its a nice touch adding in the little animations when tasks are completed

Cons

the only think I would say I sometimes have an issue with is the emails that I receive from the system. every now and then I will get an email that has a title but has no information about the overarching task, it would be very helpful if you could add in a parent task description or even an excerpt to just to give you some relevance to what the ticket is about

Reasons for Choosing Asana

although Jira is a very robust system the ui wasn't very appealing and for the office it cos a lot more to implement

Enya from Larwick Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Asana keeps me organized!

Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Pros

Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I chose Asana over the other case management softwares that we tested out because Asana was by far the easiest to learn, the easiest to understand, and the more user-friendly one to navigate.

Beline from Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine

Wonderful Task Management Software

Pros

The user interface is great - it's easy to jump in and start using it, and then to get better at using some of the amazing features of it. Our team has different levels of users, including people that are less comfortable using new tech, and Asana's flexibility allows them to use it less often and less thoroughly, while other users like myself plan entire projects start to finish, with high levels of granularity, directly in Asana.

Cons

This is a bit of a technical detail, but we are a sub-unit of several teams, in a college, in a university, and so we share our domain name (@xxxx.edu) with the global university, so we weren't able to get the company style account, rather than a basic premium account, which makes dealing with a ton of projects a bit unruly, and a privacy concern. Our fix was to make all the projects private and only share them with who needs access.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

More flexibility, and a great user interface. The cute animals that shoot across the screen when you complete a bunch of tasks are delightful, and a good example of how Asana makes task management easier and more pleasant.

Monica from On-Call Editing

Industry: Publishing

Oasis for the Cluttered Mind

I have a lot of plans for my business and have had people come in and out to help me with those plans, mainly virtual assistants. Those VA's have been in the country and out, and Asana has been easy for everyone to work with and communicate via. I have had people suggest other things like Trello, which I have used and have no problems with, but I like the depth and continued simplicity of Asana and have not plans to switch.

Pros

It'a tough to pick one thing that I love, but I think if I had to, it's the fact that when I have an annoying to-do list in my head that I know I am going to want to share with a team member or some other contractor I will bring on to help me with something in my business, I can go to Asana to create a list, do a brain dump and add dates and other info as I come up with them. No need to look for paper (as much as I like to write things by hand) and no need to worry about leaving that written list at home the one time I am away from it and want to add to it. Asana is easy to use and has lots of stuff that gets me by as a free user. When I am ready to take on the expense, it will open up even more great features.

Cons

The expense. It's not bad for one person, but I have a little team that I intend to expand. The fee for Asana is per user. It's worth it. I am sure of that, but as a semi-solopreneur who has a few people to help me from time to time and who wants to solidify things so those team members are a definite fixture, I won't look to take on the expense until I know my business can pay for it.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

More features to help capture a million thoughts running around my brain that I needed to organize and share with others who are not local to me.

Michael from Australian Institute of Family Studies

Great task-management and collaboration tool

It's a breeze to use and it enables our busy publishing team of 10 to collaborate and stay on top of our day-to-day. It also gives me the paper trail I need for quarterly and annual reporting. Highly recommended.

Pros

It's very easy to implement and to onboard new users. The interface is attractive and very intuitive. New features are appearing every few months - the recently added Portfolio/Workload feature is brilliant. Now I get the Gantts I need to monitor my team's workload and our many projects.

Cons

Being able to estimate hours per task would make Workload even more useful. Keyword search (for completed tasks/projects etc.) can be a little flakey.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Jira was over-engineered for our requirements.

Randall from TMC Technologies of WV

Industry: Defense & Space

One of the best task management tools you can get!

Pros

Asana is a beautiful and flexible tool for managing your project and for team collaboration. The tool provides a very simple and easy to use GUI that provides you with quick buttons for all the common things you would need, such as creating a new project or task, assigning users, notifications, scheduling, permissions, watchers, etc. I am pretty impressed as all these options are available right on the main window in a very intuitive manner, as opposed to a bunch of buttons being cluttered in one area or options buried within menu trees. I love the fact that you can create tasks and organize them as easy as making using a simple todo list app on your phone. You type your task and can drag them and make dependencies too that way. There are several views that you can use, such as the calendar view, comments view, task view, and custom views that you can personalize to suit your needs. The colors are vibrant, simple, and blend well with the white motif. Although it may appear pretty simple, it also contains powerful advanced options such as page settings, task dependencies, special functions for managing users. As a collaboration tool, everyone sees updates to tasks in realtime. Asana also provides nice graphs, statistics, and reports. Asana integrates with other popular tools as well, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc. This isn't even everything that Asana has to offer, it is truly a great tool to work with.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Asana as it has been a pleasure to use. I guess even with a simplistic tool like this, there are still people in our team that struggle with the initial learning curve and need training. I think if Asana had some kind of start tutorial where it guided you through the basic functions and provided explanations for each button and where they are located then that might especially help new users.

The most intuitive project management tool!

Overall Asana kept my team well-aligned with cross-functional teams in the department, and was crucial in meeting tight deadlines. Less time emailing = more time getting work done!

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate, and very intuitive. You can tag team members in comments, assign tasks, re-open tasks, share files and links for approvals. It's complex without ever looking or feeling complex, it just helps teams stay organized and on task. Not to mention it's easy to train new employees on since it's so intuitive! My favorite aspect of all though, is the customizable task lists. As a team leader, it was helpful to customize my lists to keep a pulse on all the projects in my team's queue. As a contributor, each of my team members could organize their action lists however they wanted–due date, priority, etc...

Cons

I wish that the project timeline setup was less manual. If one task's timeline went over, it was a bit manual to update the remaining timeline of all the other tasks in the project.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

My team didn't require the time-tracking and Slack / Invision integrations that some of the other more expensive project management systems offered. Asana covered all of our basic project management needs, had a clean interface, and was a very fair price!

Santiago from El Brunch Show

Amazing, powerful and simple, the organizational dream of every team.

Having digital platforms, with staff in different parts of the world, it is difficult to group all the work that must be done in one place, since we use Asana as the main organizational element, we managed to reduce errors in attention by 50% of the users and we increase the productivity of the company's departments. It has a lot to do with the way in which we have managed to identify critical nodes and support them among other areas advanced in their goals. Also, we have received from our customers a positive assessment of their requirements.

Pros

I have reviewed native applications of big names of the market, that do not finish convincing you, they offer you many promises in functionalities that do not finish concretizing, that is one of the things that I like the most of Asana, it offers you clarity from the first moment, and It gives you at the same time, a simple interface, very powerful and able to get any team to work with the collective work and common goals. In addition, I like that all co-workers can see in digital every progress and achievement achieved of their assigned responsibilities. Also, it has allowed us to be more organized with the meetings and requirements of our clients. As the planning cannot be rigid, thanks to Asana we have identified aspects that can put at risk the global goals of the company, so we have managed to help the department that presents some difficulty. Actually, Asana gives you the full view, it's a genius.

Cons

Entrepreneurs can find in Asana a complete platform and very capable of growing any initiative, that is why I do not identify negative aspects to mention, I have years of use and it is wonderful the ability they have to reinvent themselves in the provision of a service that It looks a lot like wine, it improves with the passage of time.

A review of Asana by a Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

A very useful - maybe even invaluable - tool for busy workplaces. Decent looking UI and colour scheme, clear lists but not so clear Project Views - not very good for visual people. Annoying notifications - but maybe I should just try and reduce the number of concurrent tasks!

Pros

There is something very satisfying about having a digital to do list, saved in the cloud, updated automatically and reminding you of key dates, comments and edits. There is something even more satisfying about being able to finally click a little tick button and have an animated unicorn fly across the screen as a reward. It is very useful to be able to keep ALL correspondence relating to a particular task or project in the same thread. This includes text messages, copy, images, PDFs, etc. - all easily downloadable. It's fairly intuitive - looming deadlines are highlighted in red, you can order tasks how you'd like them, you can tag people using the @ symbol like in Gmail and on social media. So, when you are in Asana, all is fine - you can see all your tasks as a list, a project as a whole or separated into Elements. You can even see your team-mate's projects too. Oh, also, adding sub tasks to tasks and sub tasks is very useful. It's not a nice feeling knowing that you can't tick something off your list until it's sub tasks sub tasks have been done, but that's not Asana's fault! It's nice that it emails you to notify you of key events, but this does have a downside. It's good that it ties in with Time Tracking software too.

Cons

So, we have to talk about emails. I, as I'm sure many others do too, have a huge number of tasks assigned to me on Asana. Many of these involve other people - clients, team members, project managers, etc. They all have different deadlines and start dates. Every single action involving you, by default, generates an email. Even after turning many of these notifications off, the Updates folder in my inbox is still so full or notifications, it's very common to miss more important ones. Also, the very fact that there is an Inbox IN Asana itself, means that you are notified of everything twice. This aspect doesn't quite feel right or logical. It also quite frequently logs me out, forcing me to log back in again.

Great tool for task management and team collaboration.

Based on my experience, Asana is a great tool to coordinate small teams (or startups) and be more productive while keeping an eye on progress and bottle necks.

Pros

Asana has a great team behind its product that constantly updates the platform to meet customer demand. The user interface is very modern and easy to use while the user experience is very well thought out with great micro interactions that make the whole product experience very delightful. It's easy to navigate from one section to another with colored elements to highlight important aspects of the UI. It has useful features like subtasks, boards view and calendar view. You can also view the overall progress per project or team. With the portfolio function, you can view the status of all your current projects in real time, so you can keep everything on track and easily report on progress. They recently added a Gantt chart feature named "Timeline" that can help project managers. You can create templates for different tasks and projects, so you and your team can be more efficient. Priority makes it easy to give attention to tasks that need urgent attention. Integration with different services (Slack, Harvest, Dropbox, GitHub, etc) makes Asana be even more helpful. There is also an open API for more sophisticated applications.

Cons

As with all services there is a learning curve to actually becoming proficient in using Asana, but that can be easily accomplished with a bit of time and practice. The only thing I want to mention as a negative is the lack of option to hide team members from the side bar, because they are shown on top of each project. If you are a startup or a small team, and most of the team is on each project, it becomes irrelevant to actually see the same team members again and again. This would make the side menu / list a bit shorter to navigate through.

The App That Makes Me Count My Lucky Stars

Pros

Asana If apps were food, my mouth would WATER when I mention Asana. It's not just any meal. When it comes to organizational apps, it's THE best dessert. It's SWEEEEEET! It's the app that I'm actually using to write the draft of this review on. Every time I need to move all my to-do's from my head onto another place, I jot them down on Asana. I can use physical calendars, ( I actually do like them)... but Asana has been the ONE system that I use to jot down my goals, to-do's , projects, systems, outlines, notes, reminders, pretty much everything except my shopping list and things I have to fully write. I love this app so much that I'm actually quite proficient at using it thanks to a course that I took called Asana HQ http://bit.ly/asanahq. It has taught me how to maximize my account that I created using my own domain. The beauty of Asana is that it's simple to use, easy to create lists on, group those things into tasks or projects and just literally move forward in life. I have become considerably more proficient in life thanks to Asana. Yes you can buy a computer, and buy some software and gear for your dreams... but if you don't have a tool in place that allows you to nudge yourself forward, you'll most likely be stuck for a very long time. Asana is SO great that I count my lucky stars knowing that it's free. Try it... and don't be surprised if you fall in love with it. It's perfect for the little thoughts you don't want to forget, it's also perfect for the

Cons

I can't think of anything. I like it that much. If I had a magic wand, maybe more free features would be nice. I wish they added a progress bar to your tasks or projects to visiaully better be able to gauge the progress we're making. But it's already a great app.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 8,657 reviews