What are Ayoa users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ayoa software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love iMindMap and for years I have drawn maps useful to clarify ideas, take notes or pit long and complex documents. It's an easy, colorful and fun tool."
  • icon"It's very easy to use and well worth it's value. I love it's versatility it had everything I was looking for all-in-one."
  • icon"This review refers to the paid version. I bought a 1-year subscription to the pro service when they offered iMindmap 11 for free."
  • icon"That I have to pay an extra to be able to access Google Calender."
  • icon"Can't pin ideas bank which is annoying. Cant reduce screen size to show document I am working on side by side with the mind map."
  • icon"Online only, unable to work while offline. I use mindmap 11 a lot while flying."

Browse all Ayoa Reviews

• Have you used Ayoa and would like to share your experience with others?

Jane

Supportive tool for mindmapping

Any I can find: - overview of topics (learning) - overview of incidents (troubleshooting) - knowledgesharing - Brainstorming

Pros

- great feature set - elaborate shortcut set (quick entering data) - great options to use visual indicators (Icons, numbers, etc.) in the mind maps - good export options - pleasing visual appearance - normal file management, so easy to organize multiple mind maps

Cons

is replaced by cloud option - that is not supporting the greatest parts of the feature set in iMindMap yet. Zooming and keeping the overview can be a little challenging, but nothing compared to the benefits of the solution

Reasons for switching to Ayoa

Better feature set, cheaper and more visually appealing

Industry: Research

Helps to keep me organised (and sane!)

I am the director of a national supercomputing facility and Ayoa helps me to plan all the activities that are associated with funding applications, day-to-day management, strategic planning and the supervising of my phd students. I also use it for personal planning such as holidays, etc.

Pros

The "now, next, soon" planning feature; ability to create tasks from e-mail.

Cons

I actually preferred the old name (droptask).

Reasons for choosing Ayoa

The interface was more aligned with my way of thinking/working so I find it easier to use.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Mark, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! If you'd be happy to work with us to provide a case study to be featured on our website, please let me know and I can contact you with more details :) Thanks, Megan

Colin

Industry: Translation and Localization

Not happy - prefered Imindmap 11

I tried using Ayoa for a couple of months but have reverted to using Imindmap 11

Pros

The promise of combining a robust task manager to a mind mapping solution

Cons

Online only, unable to work while offline.. I use mindmap 11 a lot while flying. Limited map formating When creating a task from a mind map, the created task is a stand-alone and is not referenced to the project or mind map. Storing and accessing maps online

The promise of combining a robust task manager to a mind mapping solution

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Colin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry to hear that Ayoa isn't currently meeting your needs. But good news! Organic Mind Mapping (much like the iMindMap Maps you're familiar with) are coming to Ayoa very soon - keep an eye out over the next few weeks... In terms of working offline, Ayoa is a cloud-based app, the data is stored online rather than locally and you will require the internet to log in. Once you've logged in you can work offline. However, until you go online again, none of that data can be synced to the servers. This means that anything you have updated wouldn't be updated on other devices until you connect to the internet and the information is synced. Working offline can be really useful for when you're on the move or working in an area with an unreliable network, however, to get the most out of Ayoa I would recommend ensuring that you connect regularly to ensure your data is is synced. Hope that helps :)

Anthony

A Tool To Be More Effective - all your task/ calendar/ project management in one place

I can easily go to Ayoa to quickly check off a task and get an idea of what my tasks for the day are. Adding how urgent and important is a great feature to prioritise when I manage to use it better.

Pros

Easy to use interface combining Mind maps with task boards. High level of detail and ability to attach files to tasks. New Gantt chart feature now in task mode as well as planner means you don't have to add tasks to the planner to see a broad view of deadlines. Easy to add and complete a checklist too!

Cons

At first having to go to the home page before navigating to another mode was a minor inconvenience but now that the buttons are in the navigation bar that is now irrelevant! Sometimes in the Gantt chart it can be hard to identify deadline times for short-term tasks

Reasons for switching to Ayoa

Recommended and the demo with the team was helpful to see how easy to manage things are.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Anthony, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa and our new feature, Gantt Timeline. I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto the team. :)

Replied December 2019

Ian

Mind Mapping at its Best!

A wonderful tool that we have incorporated into the heart of our business - indispensable to how I work.

Pros

SEARCH! SHARING! I compared ALL of the various options on the market, and after spending a long time evaluating each one, Ayoa - which started as a complete unknown - ended up taking the prize. We then converted 400 mind-maps into their system, and have been enjoying the new features and working with the development team.

Cons

On more than one occasion, a bug has caused some topics to be lost while copying/pasting - this is very intermittent, but has happened. I would LOVE a better export/backup option - years worth of work are now contained within the product, and having a good backup would make my anxiety decrease a lot!

Reasons for choosing Ayoa

Search and that sweet, sweet SHARING.

Search, Sharing.

Does not get the job done

The limited team size allowed did not help us test how we can properly design and execute a subproject. It was good for brainstorming and mind mapping, but that was it.

Pros

1. Mind mapping and sharing it with team members as a trial. You can't start paying apps for 10 people and then check if it works. 2. Formatting an idea into different ways - a very useful capability

Cons

1. The graphics environment does not make online collaboration easy (UI is kind of heavy as well) 2. The trial version does not allow the onboarding of a testing team to find out whether this is a good fit 3. Does not offer canvases or templates to cover the most popular team activities. You need to jump to another app

Reasons for choosing Ayoa

It looked like offering more capabilities with canvases

Noel

Industry: Food Production

Project Management Getting Yourself Organised Made Simple With Drop Task

Once in a lifetime, you come across a piece of software, that once you start using, you wonder how you managed without it, and Drop Task is it! Daily email reminders/to do's delivered to your email keep you on track and other people involved in the project are prompted to fulfil and meet their input, ensuring the project is always on course.

Pros

Drop Task after watching some excellent easy to understand tutorials is not only easy to use but works better than many other expensive projects management systems costing many times more with a lengthy learning curve. Drop Task is great for getting you organised as an individual, both personal and business but incredible in involving all those who play a part in the overall project.

Cons

Don't dive in without going through the easy to follow tutorials as they will allow you to set up from the outset the best fit for your planned outcome. Personally I use Drop Task with iMindmap software and it's an unbelievable combination, but that's personal choice.

Tim

Achieving Deep Learning

Really enjoyed using Ayoa and the results from student feedback. Many say they prefer this method to bums on seats lectures...

Pros

Having a combination of whiteboards, mind maps and a task planner all in one package was superb especially during delivery of online tutorials. Feedback from students (mature PT students doing construction management modules at Levels 5-6) was very good with only a few not liking the "new" way of learning, presenting and logging research etc. Great if you actually want students to develop their thinking/problem solving skills and then develop a plan in response.

Cons

The task manager was quite difficult to learn at first especially trying to create critical paths

Projectlibre

Reasons for switching to Ayoa

Better integration plus additional features

Helen

I love DropTask

It gives me a birds eye view of all of the things I need to pay attention to, and helps me focus in on them when I need to. I can collaborate and see where tasks are, and get things done.

Pros

There's so many features to like - it is visual and can be made to look just how I want, and I love the new planner which helps me nail down my priorities.

Cons

Adding a document to a task is a bit clunky, I'd rather go to the linked file in its native app or on my computer than bring it into DropTask. I would also like the task sidebar to have more space, as the boxes for writing updates here are quite small and you have to scroll a long way down. Perhaps an update would offer the opportunity to open up the task sidebar into a full screen view?

George

To Do or Not To DO

I search and used many to do lists; Google Tasks, ToDoist, apps for Google Tasks, etc. They all just fall short. On the nicer ones, they are great but you have to pay a business subscription to get simple functions like recurring, this is available as standard in DropTask. I use it continuously throughout the day. I have projects for work and for home, I have never been so organised.

Pros

I like that you have have different layouts. As I am old fashioned, I have asked them to activate an old feature, the Calendar View, just so I can see task in a date order. The recurring tasks work so well. I have tasks that repeat daily, every work day, every three working days, monthly and annually - it just works even in the free version.

Cons

Some tasks mean I have to go to an online resource. Other To Do management tools allows me to click on the link and take me to that resource. Although I have the link in the subject line. I have to go into the subject and copy and paste it in the browser. If you could support links in the subject link, it would make it a lot easier. It would be nice to hide tasks that are not due for one month on the Project View, just to remove the clutter.

Naina

No more Post-it notes!!

As a medium sized Chartered Accountants practice with 16 staff members, we find Droptask invaluable! The possibilities are endless with this task management tool. We can keep track of various deadlines and be able to mark them off as completed and with the great function of being able to repeat the tasks weekly/monthly/yearly we never have to start all over again. With three senior partners in the practice, we are able to manage clients accounts efficiently within the projects for each partner We have various projects set up as follows: - VAT - client returns are categorised into quarters that they are due. - Accounts - year end accounts are categorised to each senior partner with sub-categories of work-in-progress and jobs to be started. - CIS - clients for whom we prepare CIS returns and filing deadlines - P11D's - Accounting Records - our receptionist is able to track books and records that are brought into our office and when they are returned to the client.

Pros

Great to use as a simple task list as we can list the various types of jobs into projects. Aesthetically pleasing and easy to understand. Being able to add comments to tasks and attach files. Great for reminders for tasks due. Projects can be shared or kept private. Completed projects/tasks are archived for reference. Can communicate between team members within the projects. Great for tasks that repeat weekly/monthly/yearly. Assigning tasks to various members of staff and being able to see who is doing what.

Cons

Would like to see summary of completed projects without having to scroll past blank days. Would like to see the whole monthly calendar on the screen rather than day by day. Would be great to be able to print individual categories within a project.

I am truly excited for Ayoa's future.

I'm so excited! Ayoa seems hard at work and the product is getting updated and improved rapidly since the merger. It's good enough for now, which says a lot, but has more potential for sure!

Pros

Ayoa is really something special. I am currently transitioning from Trello as my daily task manager to Ayoa. Trello is and was fabulous, but it was lacking something, and that is why I started looking for a replacement. What was it lacking? The big picture! I had built up a backlog of hundreds of tasks with no way to view them at a distance. Ayoa allows you to build a mind map that displays every aspect of your project/business/organization. Broken down in every category of tasks. **Here** is the magic. Now you have your "task mind map", you can click on a branch and start adding tasks, then adds them to "task boards". Then you have a "My Planner" that is separate​ from the big task boards, just for "up next" stuff. A lot of flexibility​!, there are limitless ways to use this software.

Cons

There are LIMITLESS ways to use this software. It took me a couple of weeks before I could even figure out how I was going to organize everything. (and I'm still not done yet) It's not clear yet how people are using this software for business, there are not many example templates that are useful to me. So for now you just have to figure it out. There is also no ability to integrate third-party​ SaaS products like we've come to expect with most enterprise software these days.

Trello

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear how much you're enjoying using Ayoa! We're all about the big picture and visual working here at Ayoa so it's good to hear that that's something you're excited about. Lots more exciting features to come over the next few weeks so stay tuned!

Replied October 2019

Keith

Industry: Medical Devices

Incredibly user-friendly and flexible, but.....

Pros

New users to project management software will find Ayoa very ease to understand and use. It's intuitive. It's remarkably quick and easy to set up task boards and tasks. The range of view options is a standout feature - whatever your preferred work mode, there's a style of inputting and viewing a project to suit everyone. The mind-mapping package is easy to use and the radial mapping function a useful and eye-catching way of providing an overview of complex data.

Cons

Ayoa does, sadly, have one massive Achilles heel: the Dependencies function doesn't automatically adjust the start dates of dependent tasks if one changes the start/end dates of the parent task. This is a standard feature of competing products and a major shortcoming of Ayoa as one can't see the knock-on effects on the critical path if there is a timing change on one task. As a result one has to go through all dependent tasks and manually adjust them - a time-consuming task and one which is prone to error. I really can't understand why Ayoa don't incorporate this basic feature, as its absence really undermines an otherwise excellent product.

TeamGantt

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Keith, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! You'll be happy to hear that we're currently working on the task dependencies issue and you can expect to see this change in Ayoa at the end of March. We hope you continue to enjoy using our software :)

Replied February 2021

Now my go-to task manager

DropTask has helped my group track our many to dos efficiently and allows the whole team to know what needs to be done next and who needs to do it.

Pros

This review refers to the paid version. I bought a 1-year subscription to the pro service when they offered iMindmap 11 for free. This is a great value. I tried the software and was pleasantly surprised with the extent of training videos available. I was up and running in 10 minutes, although 2 weeks later I am still learning functionality as I increase my integration of the software into my daily routine. The graphical nature and simplicity of the software are helpful to me as I don't think in list mode. For those who do, there are multiple ways to view tasks and progress including more traditional list formats. The program integrates with iMindmap as well which is a plus for me, but unless you are a mindmapper, this feature will be unimportant to you. DropTask also has a web-based, PC, Android and Mac apps, however I find the iPad version easier to work with. The connectivity and team communication features work well and my 3 employees and I can easily collaborate, update progress and see where things are in real-time. I have purchased 3 other to do list apps and have also used a number of freebies, DropTask is what I use now and I have removed the others from my Apple devices. While I originally purchased the plan for the free iMindmap software, I have adopted DropTask and now use it constantly.

Cons

I like to view my tasks with the circle format and I find it a bit hard to see things on my iPhone X. It looks fine on my iPad and beautiful on my iPad pro. That said, I always have my phone with me, not my iPads. I am not sure if this is a limitation of the visual format or if it could be improved.

Response from OpenGenius

Thank you for the review! We would love to hear more about how you're using DropTask in the Financial Services and why DropTask has become your go-to task management app. To learn more about becoming a DropTask Case Study, please drop us an email at support@droptask.com for more information. We look forward to hearing from you. The DropTask Team.

Replied December 2018

DropTask beautifully scales up.

Because DropTask is web-based, I use it both at home for personal tasks, and at the office to manage my own work. My company uses Outlook 2010, but I don't enjoy the task list there. My function is business analyst. When I write user stories, I organize them in the Canvas view in DropTask. This is for my eyes only; no colleague is invited since this is not an office tool.

Pros

DropTask is versatile: you can use it as a simple task list, as a collaborative system, even as an agile tool... Most of the time, I find what I need just by looking where it seems to make sense - and there it is. The interface is beautiful and well thought through. My company uses Jira to manage workflows. It's great, but heavyweight. I could imagine small companies or teams using DropTask.

Cons

I don't know what happens to the files I attach to a task. Are they ever deleted? Are they kept somewhere? I am reluctant to attach files because I don't see DropTask as a safe storage place. I wish there was a way to attach files through DropTask to Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, on another dedicated service.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I just wanted to make you aware that if you upload a file to DropTask, the file is stored securely in Amazon's S3 cloud storage service. The only people who have access to the file are the people who have access to the task that the file is attached to. Once the file is deleted from the task or the task is deleted, the file will be permanently deleted from Amazon's S3 cloud storage service. If there's anything else that you're unsure on, please feel free to drop us a message at support@droptask.com, where out customer support team will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. :-) Many thanks, Rowanne

Replied October 2018

Cynthia

Ayoa user

I use it to plan out my projects and see what needs to happen when.

Pros

the ease, visualization aspect (I love the bubbles),

Cons

When I initially started I was using hte free option and when it updated, I lost a lot of importnat options (e.g. sort by time etc), which made me have to buy the package. I didn't do that for a logn time as I didn't have the financial resources, and I went to a competitor that was free and had those specific options. Then when I actually got the subscription, I felt it was expensive for what I got. I wish there was an option for student subscription or maybe a sliding scale or something. Another thing, is that I still find working with the mind maps to be difficult. It would be nice if there was an easier way to connect hte mindmaps tasks to the tasks boards etc. Now it is just getting confusing.

Reasons for switching to Ayoa

I went back and forth for awhile as I couldn't afford the subscription, but did like ayoa more than the competitor overall, while I was missing some key features that I had to go to the competitor for

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Cynthia, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is really helpful and I'll pass it on to our development team. Please note that students can get 35% off their subscription - you just need to verify your educational email address. For further assistance, please contact support@ayoa.com. Thanks!

Lloyd

Great Task Management - Compared to various other options

DropTask is great. I have been looking for task management software that suits all the needs of our small team for some time and this is the one. I have truly compared a lot of the available options and many lack some of the most simple but useful functonality that droptask provides. My only wish is the same with all software companies. That they continuously develop with the same enthusiasm and efficiency in which they first created the software. All software can be continuously improved and continued investment on improvements is what stands out and keeps a company present and clients signing up, giving a good reputation and sticking with it.

Pros

- It's great to have a free option that isn't super limited. It's totally useable and as our small team comes to use it more we will upgrade. - Offline syncing and multi-platform (windows/mac/ios/android). This was one of the most important things for me. Requiring a connection all the time makes things difficult in many locations around the world and this is something the competition doesn't have. - Ease of use. I wanted something my boss (70 years old) could understand that is also practical for our team of of younger IT orientated people.

Cons

- A very simple clock on - clock off time tracker would make this even more efficient for workers / particularly free lancers. Sure we can use another app, but there's an app for everything nowadays, so nice to have basic needs in one place. - Recurring Tasks. Amazed all task management software seems to have nothing for recurring tasks. Something just to check off that it's been done this week, and needs to be done again next week, rather than having to click complete and then recreate the task, or mark as incomplete again. - Undo button. All developers who implement an undo button deserve a cookie. All who don't deserve a smack on the butt! - Not something I like least, but something that would be awesome. Integration with AI assistants...Cortana, Siri, Google etc. would be amazing.

Katie

If I could design task management software, it would be Droptask

Overall, I really love DropTask. I use it to manage the epic backlog of personal projects that I have. I have many more ideas of things I'd like to do than time to do them. My DropTask canvas is a giant map of categories, everything from sewing projects to woodworking projects to coding projects to appointments I need to schedule to chores I need to do. It works so much better for me than card or ticket-based project management like I use at work, or just mere checklists for organizing all of those thoughts and plans.

Pros

The thing I like most is the way everything is laid out visually. I can create categories and categories-within-categories and drag tasks around. It's not like a checklist app where you have to retype something in a different checklist, or your only organization method is columns of cards. It mimics being able to write things out in different categories in my sketchbook, except it's better, because instead of crossing something out and rewriting it in a new list, I can just grab it and move it.

Cons

There are some tasks that I actually do like to have checklist-style, where all steps are instantly visible. It would kind of mess with the circular format for tasks, but I wish you could turn on an option to show a task's checklist from the canvas. I also wish you could choose a category that would be the default that DropTask would zoom in to when you start.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Katie, First of all, thank you for the extensive and detailed review. We're really pleased to hear you're enjoying using DropTask, especially the Canvas and the way you're using the app to organize your thoughts and ideas. Would you be interested in telling us more about how you're using DropTask? We'd love to chat more about your DropTask experience. If you're interested in sharing more and becoming a Case Study, please drop us an email at support@droptask.com for more information on how to get involved. Kind Regards, Rowanne

Replied October 2018

Donald

Helps keep all the plates spinning.

As a parish minister with regional and national responsibilities I have a number of diverse projects on the go at any one time. Having one trusted system where all action points can be gathered and processed is so helpful and keeps me productive and minimises stress. I mainly use AYOA on iPad.

Pros

The visual presentation of AYOA is helpful, engaging and fun! There is a huge variety of ways in which tasks and projects can be displayed. Sometimes you want a calendar view showing what must be done today, sometimes you need to see the full picture of a project to progress plans.

Cons

I look forward to the full implementation of iMindMap in AYOA. there is still work to be done to bring the organic, interactive bits of iMindMap to AYOA.

Reasons for switching to Ayoa

as a long time iMindMap user, I welcomed the introduction on DropTask from the same stable.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Donald, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - we're so glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for the addition of Organic Mind Mapping. We can't wait to hear what you think!

Heather

Ayoa organization

I have not had any issues with the software malfunctioning, or anything of that nature. Always works and saves my tasks well.

Pros

I really like that you can have two layouts on this so you can have it setup to work for you. I have it set to workflow mode because I prefer to have it laid out in a grid. But you can use the Canvas flow for a more creative approach. Great way to have all of your tasks grouped, being monthly, daily, quarterly, etc. and easily see where you are at in your work for the month.

Cons

It can be a little hard to navigate at first. Until you get used the flow it is a little cumbersome.

organization options

Miles

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simplicity

I have used Ayoa since its inception as Droptask and have been very impressed with the way the developers have listened to the users and developed a most useful planning and collaboration tool.

Pros

Ayoa allows me to plan ahead for projects and set reminders months or even years from now if needed. I use the calendar view every day to plan my day and set priorities for what I must achieve in that day. Being able to look ahead at the rest of the week gives me a good idea of what’s is coming at me. Having been an avid user or Mindmaps it is great that this is now incorporated in the system, I use this each time I start a new project.

Cons

I have no issues with Ayoa, it does all of the things that I need and has many useful features that I am sure I will use if I work with a bigger team.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Miles, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! Keep an eye out for even more Mind Map developments over the next few weeks...

Replied September 2019

Great to go from idea to delivery

I have been using mindmapping software and project management and task apps for 30 years and this has been the best experience

Pros

Easy on the eye and to use. Either has or will have all the funtionality needed to recognise tasks and sub tasks needed to manage any project with others as needed. Suitable and easy reminder system that works across platform:web, desktop, phone: android or iphone, tablet. You can turn emails into tasks and add timing, importance, due dates and repeats as you do so - the email can be seen in the task. Multiple views which can be filtered so you can get overview or closely focused view.

Cons

The last couple of updates have removed some minor issues that were an negative.

Reasons for choosing Ayoa

There has never been a product which covers the spectrum of Mindmap and Tasksapplication which is so comprehensive, simple to use, and above all enjoyable to use.

Reasons for switching to Ayoa

I still keep them running in addition to Ayoa until the development is complete as I have several long term projects running in them or they have a feature which not be available.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is really helpful to us and it's great to hear that you're enjoying using Ayoa!

Brady

Some initial friction using certain tools but all features turn out great

Frustrating, then manically positive, then some residual frustrations, but small vs my Mind Mapper's positives.

Pros

The Mind Mapper, I like its value add, its effectiveness, and it's very easy to use; the auto-layout is especially quick and easy with just two main hot-keys, "child" and "sibling", and spacing and layout are done for you immediately.

Cons

As little as I have used it, I could find no quick-and-smooth, Ayoa way of moving tasks from a Mind Map to a task board, which I believe is quite a valuable function. After mapping tasks in the Mind Map, my next step is a linear, ordered list of all tasks in one big, hierarchical list I can export for my Pomodoro tracker, Pomodone. Something else I'm more enamoured with in PomoDone is how many task management systems it integrates with, like Trello. I know you have a review somewhere where the user quickly switched from Trello to Ayoa, but for many, a nice, quick switch to Ayoa requires lots of work with the outgoing task system. You should try winning with a great product and not excluding competitors from your integrations.

Reasons for choosing Ayoa

I haven't yet. I've subscribed but not decided on continuing it just yet.

Rob

Industry: Publishing

Great for our small business

We've tested about every task management software there is and this was hands down the winner.

Pros

Very intuitive to use for anyone. Can be very simple or as intricate as you need.

Cons

Can't attach large files. Deleting a user who created tasks also deletes tasks they have created (not sure if this was updated—too afraid to try).

Reasons for choosing Ayoa

Others were just glorified chatboards for the most part and not intuitive: visually or otherwise.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Rob, thanks for a wonderful review. It's great to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa with your team! In reference to deleting a user and their tasks being deleted too, we would be grateful if you could tell us more about this - it shouldn't be possible as long as tasks are allocated to a Task Board or Mind Map. You can either reply to this comment or email support@ayoa.com Thanks again & we look forward to hearing from you.

Pasquale

It is the best software to draw organic mental maps faithful to the principles of Tony Buzan

I use iMindMap every day to take notes, brainstorm or just clear my head

Pros

I love iMindMap and for years I have drawn maps useful to clarify ideas, take notes or pit long and complex documents. It's an easy, colorful and fun tool. The Mac version allows you to copy and paste images from the web or draw them by hand. There are a lot of features, not all of them perfect, but overall it's a really good product

Cons

Some sudden software closures are annoying and perhaps denote a certain obsolescence of the technology with which it is developed. The iOS version is definitely practical, but with much less functionality than that Mac or PC. The synchronization of proprietary (paid) cloud maps is also a bit cumbersome and not always accurate.

Ayoa