• Pros

• "I love this program because it is easy to use, and your things are so organized. I am a freak for organization. "

• "Enjoy the ability to use it across all my mobile devices & desktop platforms. Great for backing up important files."

• "There's so many features to like - it is visual and can be made to look just how I want, and I love the new planner which helps me nail down my priorities."

• Cons

• "I think DropTask could do with more video supports. They have a nice written support section, but video tutorials would be more helpful."

• "The pricing can be a little expensive if you have a large team."

• "The design is a little bit too playful and perhaps could be more professional design, but this is merely a personal preference "

Browse Ayoa Reviews

Noel from Zeelandia UK

Industry: Food Production

Project Management Getting Yourself Organised Made Simple With Drop Task

Once in a lifetime, you come across a piece of software, that once you start using, you wonder how you managed without it, and Drop Task is it! Daily email reminders/to do's delivered to your email keep you on track and other people involved in the project are prompted to fulfil and meet their input, ensuring the project is always on course.

Pros

Drop Task after watching some excellent easy to understand tutorials is not only easy to use but works better than many other expensive projects management systems costing many times more with a lengthy learning curve. Drop Task is great for getting you organised as an individual, both personal and business but incredible in involving all those who play a part in the overall project.

Cons

Don't dive in without going through the easy to follow tutorials as they will allow you to set up from the outset the best fit for your planned outcome. Personally I use Drop Task with iMindmap software and it's an unbelievable combination, but that's personal choice.

Mark from University of Leicester

Industry: Research

Helps to keep me organised (and sane!)

I am the director of a national supercomputing facility and Ayoa helps me to plan all the activities that are associated with funding applications, day-to-day management, strategic planning and the supervising of my phd students. I also use it for personal planning such as holidays, etc.

Pros

The "now, next, soon" planning feature; ability to create tasks from e-mail.

Cons

I actually preferred the old name (droptask).

Reasons for Choosing Ayoa

The interface was more aligned with my way of thinking/working so I find it easier to use.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Mark, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! If you'd be happy to work with us to provide a case study to be featured on our website, please let me know and I can contact you with more details :) Thanks, Megan

Heather from ApplicantPro

Ayoa organization

I have not had any issues with the software malfunctioning, or anything of that nature. Always works and saves my tasks well.

Pros

I really like that you can have two layouts on this so you can have it setup to work for you. I have it set to workflow mode because I prefer to have it laid out in a grid. But you can use the Canvas flow for a more creative approach. Great way to have all of your tasks grouped, being monthly, daily, quarterly, etc. and easily see where you are at in your work for the month.

Cons

It can be a little hard to navigate at first. Until you get used the flow it is a little cumbersome.

Colin from SIRVA

Industry: Translation and Localization

Not happy - prefered Imindmap 11

I tried using Ayoa for a couple of months but have reverted to using Imindmap 11

Pros

The promise of combining a robust task manager to a mind mapping solution

Cons

Online only, unable to work while offline.. I use mindmap 11 a lot while flying. Limited map formating When creating a task from a mind map, the created task is a stand-alone and is not referenced to the project or mind map. Storing and accessing maps online

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Colin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry to hear that Ayoa isn't currently meeting your needs. But good news! Organic Mind Mapping (much like the iMindMap Maps you're familiar with) are coming to Ayoa very soon - keep an eye out over the next few weeks... In terms of working offline, Ayoa is a cloud-based app, the data is stored online rather than locally and you will require the internet to log in. Once you've logged in you can work offline. However, until you go online again, none of that data can be synced to the servers. This means that anything you have updated wouldn't be updated on other devices until you connect to the internet and the information is synced. Working offline can be really useful for when you're on the move or working in an area with an unreliable network, however, to get the most out of Ayoa I would recommend ensuring that you connect regularly to ensure your data is is synced. Hope that helps :)

Anthony from Professional Training & Coaching

A Tool To Be More Effective - all your task/ calendar/ project management in one place

I can easily go to Ayoa to quickly check off a task and get an idea of what my tasks for the day are. Adding how urgent and important is a great feature to prioritise when I manage to use it better.

Pros

Easy to use interface combining Mind maps with task boards. High level of detail and ability to attach files to tasks. New Gantt chart feature now in task mode as well as planner means you don't have to add tasks to the planner to see a broad view of deadlines. Easy to add and complete a checklist too!

Cons

At first having to go to the home page before navigating to another mode was a minor inconvenience but now that the buttons are in the navigation bar that is now irrelevant! Sometimes in the Gantt chart it can be hard to identify deadline times for short-term tasks

Response from OpenGenius

Replied December 2019

Hi Anthony, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa and our new feature, Gantt Timeline. I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto the team. :)

Jane from ZEVIT

Good and speedy tool for mindmapping

Quite agile but not yet cutting it to be my main tool (coming from iMindMap)

Pros

Quite speedy and accessible everywhere - good approach to mind mapping.

Cons

Missing options to organize my mind maps - I miss the ability to add icons to mind maps (not social features, but icons indicating content meaning.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Jane, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for developments in our MInd Mapping feature - including the addition of Organic Mind Mapping that you'll be familiar with as an iMindMap user. We can't wait to see what you think!

Daniel from Lewis Bamboo, Inc.

I am truly excited for Ayoa's future.

I'm so excited! Ayoa seems hard at work and the product is getting updated and improved rapidly since the merger. It's good enough for now, which says a lot, but has more potential for sure!

Pros

Ayoa is really something special. I am currently transitioning from Trello as my daily task manager to Ayoa. Trello is and was fabulous, but it was lacking something, and that is why I started looking for a replacement. What was it lacking? The big picture! I had built up a backlog of hundreds of tasks with no way to view them at a distance. Ayoa allows you to build a mind map that displays every aspect of your project/business/organization. Broken down in every category of tasks. **Here** is the magic. Now you have your "task mind map", you can click on a branch and start adding tasks, then adds them to "task boards". Then you have a "My Planner" that is separate​ from the big task boards, just for "up next" stuff. A lot of flexibility​!, there are limitless ways to use this software.

Cons

There are LIMITLESS ways to use this software. It took me a couple of weeks before I could even figure out how I was going to organize everything. (and I'm still not done yet) It's not clear yet how people are using this software for business, there are not many example templates that are useful to me. So for now you just have to figure it out. There is also no ability to integrate third-party​ SaaS products like we've come to expect with most enterprise software these days.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied October 2019

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear how much you're enjoying using Ayoa! We're all about the big picture and visual working here at Ayoa so it's good to hear that that's something you're excited about. Lots more exciting features to come over the next few weeks so stay tuned!

Cynthia from University of California, Los Angeles

Ayoa user

I use it to plan out my projects and see what needs to happen when.

Pros

the ease, visualization aspect (I love the bubbles),

Cons

When I initially started I was using hte free option and when it updated, I lost a lot of importnat options (e.g. sort by time etc), which made me have to buy the package. I didn't do that for a logn time as I didn't have the financial resources, and I went to a competitor that was free and had those specific options. Then when I actually got the subscription, I felt it was expensive for what I got. I wish there was an option for student subscription or maybe a sliding scale or something. Another thing, is that I still find working with the mind maps to be difficult. It would be nice if there was an easier way to connect hte mindmaps tasks to the tasks boards etc. Now it is just getting confusing.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Cynthia, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is really helpful and I'll pass it on to our development team. Please note that students can get 35% off their subscription - you just need to verify your educational email address. For further assistance, please contact support@ayoa.com. Thanks!

Donald from Church of Scotland: Strontian, Morvern and Ardgour Parishes

Helps keep all the plates spinning.

As a parish minister with regional and national responsibilities I have a number of diverse projects on the go at any one time. Having one trusted system where all action points can be gathered and processed is so helpful and keeps me productive and minimises stress. I mainly use AYOA on iPad.

Pros

The visual presentation of AYOA is helpful, engaging and fun! There is a huge variety of ways in which tasks and projects can be displayed. Sometimes you want a calendar view showing what must be done today, sometimes you need to see the full picture of a project to progress plans.

Cons

I look forward to the full implementation of iMindMap in AYOA. there is still work to be done to bring the organic, interactive bits of iMindMap to AYOA.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Donald, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - we're so glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for the addition of Organic Mind Mapping. We can't wait to hear what you think!

Miles from Empeiria Consulting

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simplicity

I have used Ayoa since its inception as Droptask and have been very impressed with the way the developers have listened to the users and developed a most useful planning and collaboration tool.

Pros

Ayoa allows me to plan ahead for projects and set reminders months or even years from now if needed. I use the calendar view every day to plan my day and set priorities for what I must achieve in that day. Being able to look ahead at the rest of the week gives me a good idea of what’s is coming at me. Having been an avid user or Mindmaps it is great that this is now incorporated in the system, I use this each time I start a new project.

Cons

I have no issues with Ayoa, it does all of the things that I need and has many useful features that I am sure I will use if I work with a bigger team.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Miles, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! Keep an eye out for even more Mind Map developments over the next few weeks...

Naina from Clifton House Partnership

No more Post-it notes!!

As a medium sized Chartered Accountants practice with 16 staff members, we find Droptask invaluable! The possibilities are endless with this task management tool. We can keep track of various deadlines and be able to mark them off as completed and with the great function of being able to repeat the tasks weekly/monthly/yearly we never have to start all over again. With three senior partners in the practice, we are able to manage clients accounts efficiently within the projects for each partner We have various projects set up as follows: - VAT - client returns are categorised into quarters that they are due. - Accounts - year end accounts are categorised to each senior partner with sub-categories of work-in-progress and jobs to be started. - CIS - clients for whom we prepare CIS returns and filing deadlines - P11D's - Accounting Records - our receptionist is able to track books and records that are brought into our office and when they are returned to the client.

Pros

Great to use as a simple task list as we can list the various types of jobs into projects. Aesthetically pleasing and easy to understand. Being able to add comments to tasks and attach files. Great for reminders for tasks due. Projects can be shared or kept private. Completed projects/tasks are archived for reference. Can communicate between team members within the projects. Great for tasks that repeat weekly/monthly/yearly. Assigning tasks to various members of staff and being able to see who is doing what.

Cons

Would like to see summary of completed projects without having to scroll past blank days. Would like to see the whole monthly calendar on the screen rather than day by day. Would be great to be able to print individual categories within a project.

Now my go-to task manager

DropTask has helped my group track our many to dos efficiently and allows the whole team to know what needs to be done next and who needs to do it.

Pros

This review refers to the paid version. I bought a 1-year subscription to the pro service when they offered iMindmap 11 for free. This is a great value. I tried the software and was pleasantly surprised with the extent of training videos available. I was up and running in 10 minutes, although 2 weeks later I am still learning functionality as I increase my integration of the software into my daily routine. The graphical nature and simplicity of the software are helpful to me as I don't think in list mode. For those who do, there are multiple ways to view tasks and progress including more traditional list formats. The program integrates with iMindmap as well which is a plus for me, but unless you are a mindmapper, this feature will be unimportant to you. DropTask also has a web-based, PC, Android and Mac apps, however I find the iPad version easier to work with. The connectivity and team communication features work well and my 3 employees and I can easily collaborate, update progress and see where things are in real-time. I have purchased 3 other to do list apps and have also used a number of freebies, DropTask is what I use now and I have removed the others from my Apple devices. While I originally purchased the plan for the free iMindmap software, I have adopted DropTask and now use it constantly.

Cons

I like to view my tasks with the circle format and I find it a bit hard to see things on my iPhone X. It looks fine on my iPad and beautiful on my iPad pro. That said, I always have my phone with me, not my iPads. I am not sure if this is a limitation of the visual format or if it could be improved.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the review! We would love to hear more about how you're using DropTask in the Financial Services and why DropTask has become your go-to task management app. To learn more about becoming a DropTask Case Study, please drop us an email at support@droptask.com for more information. We look forward to hearing from you. The DropTask Team.

DropTask beautifully scales up.

Because DropTask is web-based, I use it both at home for personal tasks, and at the office to manage my own work. My company uses Outlook 2010, but I don't enjoy the task list there. My function is business analyst. When I write user stories, I organize them in the Canvas view in DropTask. This is for my eyes only; no colleague is invited since this is not an office tool.

Pros

DropTask is versatile: you can use it as a simple task list, as a collaborative system, even as an agile tool... Most of the time, I find what I need just by looking where it seems to make sense - and there it is. The interface is beautiful and well thought through. My company uses Jira to manage workflows. It's great, but heavyweight. I could imagine small companies or teams using DropTask.

Cons

I don't know what happens to the files I attach to a task. Are they ever deleted? Are they kept somewhere? I am reluctant to attach files because I don't see DropTask as a safe storage place. I wish there was a way to attach files through DropTask to Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, on another dedicated service.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied October 2018

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I just wanted to make you aware that if you upload a file to DropTask, the file is stored securely in Amazon's S3 cloud storage service. The only people who have access to the file are the people who have access to the task that the file is attached to. Once the file is deleted from the task or the task is deleted, the file will be permanently deleted from Amazon's S3 cloud storage service. If there's anything else that you're unsure on, please feel free to drop us a message at support@droptask.com, where out customer support team will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. :-) Many thanks, Rowanne

Lloyd from MovingVentures

Great Task Management - Compared to various other options

DropTask is great. I have been looking for task management software that suits all the needs of our small team for some time and this is the one. I have truly compared a lot of the available options and many lack some of the most simple but useful functonality that droptask provides. My only wish is the same with all software companies. That they continuously develop with the same enthusiasm and efficiency in which they first created the software. All software can be continuously improved and continued investment on improvements is what stands out and keeps a company present and clients signing up, giving a good reputation and sticking with it.

Pros

- It's great to have a free option that isn't super limited. It's totally useable and as our small team comes to use it more we will upgrade. - Offline syncing and multi-platform (windows/mac/ios/android). This was one of the most important things for me. Requiring a connection all the time makes things difficult in many locations around the world and this is something the competition doesn't have. - Ease of use. I wanted something my boss (70 years old) could understand that is also practical for our team of of younger IT orientated people.

Cons

- A very simple clock on - clock off time tracker would make this even more efficient for workers / particularly free lancers. Sure we can use another app, but there's an app for everything nowadays, so nice to have basic needs in one place. - Recurring Tasks. Amazed all task management software seems to have nothing for recurring tasks. Something just to check off that it's been done this week, and needs to be done again next week, rather than having to click complete and then recreate the task, or mark as incomplete again. - Undo button. All developers who implement an undo button deserve a cookie. All who don't deserve a smack on the butt! - Not something I like least, but something that would be awesome. Integration with AI assistants...Cortana, Siri, Google etc. would be amazing.

Katie from Internet

If I could design task management software, it would be Droptask

Overall, I really love DropTask. I use it to manage the epic backlog of personal projects that I have. I have many more ideas of things I'd like to do than time to do them. My DropTask canvas is a giant map of categories, everything from sewing projects to woodworking projects to coding projects to appointments I need to schedule to chores I need to do. It works so much better for me than card or ticket-based project management like I use at work, or just mere checklists for organizing all of those thoughts and plans.

Pros

The thing I like most is the way everything is laid out visually. I can create categories and categories-within-categories and drag tasks around. It's not like a checklist app where you have to retype something in a different checklist, or your only organization method is columns of cards. It mimics being able to write things out in different categories in my sketchbook, except it's better, because instead of crossing something out and rewriting it in a new list, I can just grab it and move it.

Cons

There are some tasks that I actually do like to have checklist-style, where all steps are instantly visible. It would kind of mess with the circular format for tasks, but I wish you could turn on an option to show a task's checklist from the canvas. I also wish you could choose a category that would be the default that DropTask would zoom in to when you start.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied October 2018

Hi Katie, First of all, thank you for the extensive and detailed review. We're really pleased to hear you're enjoying using DropTask, especially the Canvas and the way you're using the app to organize your thoughts and ideas. Would you be interested in telling us more about how you're using DropTask? We'd love to chat more about your DropTask experience. If you're interested in sharing more and becoming a Case Study, please drop us an email at support@droptask.com for more information on how to get involved. Kind Regards, Rowanne

John from Useful-Learning.org.uk

Great to go from idea to delivery

I have been using mindmapping software and project management and task apps for 30 years and this has been the best experience

Pros

Easy on the eye and to use. Either has or will have all the funtionality needed to recognise tasks and sub tasks needed to manage any project with others as needed. Suitable and easy reminder system that works across platform:web, desktop, phone: android or iphone, tablet. You can turn emails into tasks and add timing, importance, due dates and repeats as you do so - the email can be seen in the task. Multiple views which can be filtered so you can get overview or closely focused view.

Cons

The last couple of updates have removed some minor issues that were an negative.

Reasons for Choosing Ayoa

There has never been a product which covers the spectrum of Mindmap and Tasksapplication which is so comprehensive, simple to use, and above all enjoyable to use.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is really helpful to us and it's great to hear that you're enjoying using Ayoa!

Rob from Alternative Press Magazine

Industry: Publishing

Great for our small business

We've tested about every task management software there is and this was hands down the winner.

Pros

Very intuitive to use for anyone. Can be very simple or as intricate as you need.

Cons

Can't attach large files. Deleting a user who created tasks also deletes tasks they have created (not sure if this was updated—too afraid to try).

Reasons for Choosing Ayoa

Others were just glorified chatboards for the most part and not intuitive: visually or otherwise.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Rob, thanks for a wonderful review. It's great to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa with your team! In reference to deleting a user and their tasks being deleted too, we would be grateful if you could tell us more about this - it shouldn't be possible as long as tasks are allocated to a Task Board or Mind Map. You can either reply to this comment or email support@ayoa.com Thanks again & we look forward to hearing from you.

Eric from Amplify

Great for organizing tasks

DropTask has genuinely saved me time, and it's not an app I'd ever want to go without.

Pros

DropTask has been a great tool to keep tasks within complex projects organized and moving forward. It integrates with Smartsheet and Google, so ties into other apps that I'm already using.

Cons

Response from OpenGenius

Replied October 2018

Hi Eric, thank you for the great review. We're happy to hear that DropTask has saved you time and helped to organize your tasks. We'd love to feature your review in our marketing materials. If you're interested in getting involved and us sharing your review with other DropTask users, please get in touch at support@droptask.com for more information. We look forward to hearing from you! Kind Regards, Rowanne

Helen from Cadwyn Housing Association

I love DropTask

It gives me a birds eye view of all of the things I need to pay attention to, and helps me focus in on them when I need to. I can collaborate and see where tasks are, and get things done.

Pros

Cons

Adding a document to a task is a bit clunky, I'd rather go to the linked file in its native app or on my computer than bring it into DropTask. I would also like the task sidebar to have more space, as the boxes for writing updates here are quite small and you have to scroll a long way down. Perhaps an update would offer the opportunity to open up the task sidebar into a full screen view?

Super flexible task management

I work for a wide range if client groups and in a range of settings. DropTask is the only project manager I have tried so far that enables me to track all of my projects effectively because of it’s flexibility. Most other trackers seem to confine you to only one or two views.

Pros

I love the flexibility that allows users to track project tasks in the way thsy suits them. Kanban style/calendar Style/priority style/the most visual task board style was what originally drew me to DropTask because I like to have an overview before I drill down. I use most of the view options at some point.

Cons

On smartphone I find that entering data can be fiddly so I do most of my inputting on iPad or Desktop.

I use it every day...

my overall experience using DropTask is very positive and I like the fact that you can integrate it with a range of calendar apps and Evernote. The developers are excellent at working proactively with clients and listen to users views continually. My queries have always been responded to very quickly.

Pros

I like the flexibility because you can use it Kanban style, priorities style or the visual bubbles make it clear which actions fit to which project. You can also maintain several projects at the same time. I especially like the new planner view which I use on a daily basis to identify what I want to achieve TODAY.

Cons

Sometimes adding start and finish dates can be a bit awkward.

Tracie from Vintage Worx Community Development Trust

Droptask could be brilliant

Had to stop using as the circles prevented tasks from being described usefully, which is a shame as the program is superb

Pros

Love the ability to move tasks around a canvas, I find the concept of this absolutely brilliant and this feature alone would make me convert to Droptask completely and never look at another task management tool again but.....

Cons

The circles... I'm sorry Droptask but as much as they are great to look at, they are a nightmare to work with. You simply cannot fit enough words on to make a task recognisable. I signed up for 3 years because I really wanted to use Droptask but I have had to stop using as my team said they spent far too much time clicking on every task to find out what needed doing If you just added the option to have rectangles instead of circles I genuinely think I would send you cake.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied October 2018

Hi Tracie, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If you're not already aware, you're able to switch to views such as Workflow, Planner or Urgency Lists where your tasks will be displayed as rectangle tasks. We're always looking for ways to improve the Canvas and circles in DropTask, so I will pass your feedback on to the rest of the team. Thanks again for the review. Kind Regards, Rowanne

John from Giving Clicks

Droptask is for seeing the big picture and the details.

I have so many projects. I feel I have the details of each project under control which is a good feeling.

Pros

The different views help you to visualize your tasks in creative ways. I like the "Workflow" view best with the Kanban style. And the new "MyPlanner" view is perfectly done. Also the details you can add to a task are completely thought through. It provides everything from notes, to lists, to reminders, to due dates, and more. And assigning tasks to team members is done right. I know about any updates and changes immediately as well as assigning tasks is easy.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about DropTask is how you close a task after putting in the details like putting in a note, etc.

Eugeine from Optiflow

Ayoa keep me on top of my to do's

Before discovering Ayoa, I jumped from one app to the other because they just didn't suit me. It was frustrating and time-consuming to move every other month. Fortunately, my search ended two years ago. Now, I manage multiple client projects with ease through a system I built inside Ayoa using the top-notch features the app provides.

Pros

Ayoa is flexible and easy to adapt to the way you work and want to manage tasks or projects.

Cons

It's missing one feature that I'd love to have: recurring reminders.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Eugeine, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you're enjoying using Ayoa! Here is a support guide that explains how to set recurring tasks - it might be useful to you. https://support.ayoa.com/support/solutions/articles/44001514287-repeating-tasks Thanks :)

DropTask is an Incredible Value

Overall this software has improved my workflow and I couldn't be happier because the price is very affordable as opposed to some of the other programs I've tried. Its also very intuitive to use which I think is most important!

Pros

Its really easy to use, I was able to use the software on all of my devices within the first day without any issues. I also invited various people to collaborate on projects and none of them had any issues navigating or utilizing the functions of the program.

Cons

So far the only thing I've experienced that I would improve would be larger file size upload when adding attachments into the discussion section / projection sections. I think that would help speed up work flow even more, right now it maxes out around 20mb in file size, so then I have to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox separately. That takes extra steps. Overall this is a fantastic product and I'm really happy thats the only thing if I'm being nit-picky.

Response from OpenGenius

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review! We'd love to hear more about how you're using DropTask in your field of Design. If you're interested in becoming one of our Case Studies, please drop us an email at support@droptask.com for more information on how to get involved. We look forward to hearing from you!

Essential Accountability Tool

Accountability is a massive issue for all businesses. DropTask has been an easy and cheap solution to roll out across many different businesses and user types. It has improved our completion rate of tasks and greatly assisted in team buy-in and engagement.

Pros

Droptask is so simple to use that it requires little to no training. The various visual representations of projects allows people to see their tasks in a format that works for them.

Cons

Very happy with the product. Sometimes lose myself when scrolling in canvas layout.

Julie from Local land services

Droptask

I use droptask to track jobs in both work and home, and use the canvas view for original brainstorming

Pros

I really like the ability to choose the way in which information can be presented, and the new layout with rectangular task shapes.

Cons

Cost of a yearly business subscription if you are not using it as part of a team. It would be nice if category headings in the workflow view were not automatically sorted alphabetically and you could choose what was at the top of each list.

George from Ericom Software

To Do or Not To DO

I search and used many to do lists; Google Tasks, ToDoist, apps for Google Tasks, etc. They all just fall short. On the nicer ones, they are great but you have to pay a business subscription to get simple functions like recurring, this is available as standard in DropTask. I use it continuously throughout the day. I have projects for work and for home, I have never been so organised.

Pros

I like that you have have different layouts. As I am old fashioned, I have asked them to activate an old feature, the Calendar View, just so I can see task in a date order. The recurring tasks work so well. I have tasks that repeat daily, every work day, every three working days, monthly and annually - it just works even in the free version.

Cons

Some tasks mean I have to go to an online resource. Other To Do management tools allows me to click on the link and take me to that resource. Although I have the link in the subject line. I have to go into the subject and copy and paste it in the browser. If you could support links in the subject link, it would make it a lot easier. It would be nice to hide tasks that are not due for one month on the Project View, just to remove the clutter.

Great for organizing long term tasks and projects

I use DropTask to organize tasks and projects, such as the ongoing home improvement project, an upcoming vacation, and other random things that need organization. I really enjoy having a web based place to find all of the things I need, and having the ability to assign things to other people really helps to keep things moving.

Pros

Visual, drag and drop, and being able to use it on mobile devices allows me to view my tasks when I'm out and about. This makes it easy for me to remember things I need to grab when I'm out, or to organize my thoughts or add things on the go. Being able to log into DropTask from anywhere means that I can do what I need to do, when I need to do it.

Cons

On the web browser, which is where I primarily use the product, the graphics are pretty big. That's generally a good thing, but I would really like the ability to create a simple list, that's small - one time per line, perhaps with a checkbox. I would also like the ability to "dumb down" the interface when I want to see more information at once - I want to shrink the width of the columns and I want to have smaller text that I can drag and drop with a mouse.

Droptask is an Awesome Way to Visually Manage My Projects and Team

I'm very happy with the product price and functionality, as well as the apps on my ios devices.

Pros

Great visual layout which helps me keep track of everything in my creative company. Like the different view type recently added under my planner section to focus on Now, Soon and Later tasks.

Cons

It's a bit difficult to see the completed tasks and I would like to see a notes section where teams can add their notes from conference calls with clients and among team members. We have to use other apps for these two features which are not easily accessible on Droptask yet.

Just what I've been looking for

Pros

Ease of use, range of views, well thought out stuff in the tasks like check lists, reminders and due dates, priority and importance. Task management is all about weighting what needs to be done so that the list you need to get on with now can be manageable and this is the first software I've found that suits my needs. Of course the catch the eye bit is the canvas view but even without that excellent feature this would be the best task management software around.

Cons

There are still some issues to iron out but I can see from the blogs that Drop Task is listening to its users and improving all the time. I've talked through my concerns with the Customer Service Manager and I believe they will actually do something based on my issues. These are that the list news take up too much screen space, you can't edit or perform actions on multiple tasks, navigating between the views take a few too many clicks and assigning the tasks to categories could be a bit smoother. These are niggles but for me not fundamental problems.

Jav from Home Environment Group Pty ltd

Extremely Simple and Powerful Task Management Tool

I have used this for many years across many businesses and different roles. Would definitely recommend DropTask to anyone looking for a simple to use task management app.

Pros

The visual interface makes this a simple tool to work with.

Cons

I still like to print out my daily task list. Unfortunately, there is no simple way to do this in Droptask, you need to export your entire list by project.

Kalpana from Kal Academy

Drop task is the best organization tool!

Love droptask as it gives me a good overview of my day and plan for the future. Never had any app do this before with ease. Everyday i wake up looking at droptask and end my day by planning for next day. Keep adding new features! Thank you for an excellent app!

Pros

Organizing one's time is a key success to business. I have searched and used plenty of tools before but drop task is so far the best due to its ability to show me the calendar, plan for my day and also the ease of use to add new tasks.

Cons

My only wish that it integrated with my calendar .

My experience with Droptask

Pros

The visual aspect of droptask is useful for me, I can see at a glance how tasks relate to each other. The new planner view has increased my usage because I can work out what I need to work on and I can only put dates where they are really necessary.

Cons

I generate a lot of tasks from imindmap, this can cause an issue because I have to process the notifications one at a time and what's worse the dialogue disappears after every one so the notification has to be opened again.

Evan from Duggan and Brown, Inc

Love Drop Task

Love this product and would absolutely suggest it for other business owners.

Pros

I love the ease of use of working with drop task. I keep all of my open tasks and bring ups on drop task and have it as part of my daily routine.

Cons

I have some fairly large canvases that I work in- with multiple circles etc. When I add or complete a task, the circles move and re-shuffle automatically. I find that annoying because then I need to pan out to find where I was on the page.

I like it and it can be better

Pros

The visibility and function I can use on it, such as urgency, deadline.

Cons

Inability to modify multiple tasks at once the tasks move too far away from where they originally are and this makes it harder to look for them later the task motion is slower as my task numbers increase

Robert` from Sedulous Software, LLC

Feels like it is made for kids

Frankly, I don't feel I'll solve any business problems with DropTask that I am not already solving with my current system. The UI is very attractive, I will say that. Integration with other systems is great, although I see that same functionality with many other systems. The primary feature that I thought might be interesting is integration with iMindMap, which - at the end of the day - seems less useful than I thought. I use Mind Mapping for idea capture, brainstorming, and the like. I have not actually used Mind Mapping as a PM tool, and maybe I'd change my mind concerning DropTask if I did. At this point in time, however, I feel there are other task management systems that will do the job as well as or better than DropTask can, but a lower cost per user.

Pros

DropTask does have dedicated applications for all OSes, which is getting more difficult to find. I absolutely do not like PM tools that are all web-based. The web just doesn't provide all of the functionality that a native application does, including an icon on my Taskbar. I realize that may sound silly, but being able to get to my PM app quickly is very important to me. The fact that DropTask supports all OSes is a real benefit.

Cons

As a disclaimer, I bought a year subscription to DropTask because of a package deal with iMindMap. I really only wanted iMindMap, but figured I would at least give DropTask a shot as well. I'm currently using another task management system, which I intend to continue. The short story is that DropTask looks beautiful and has neat animations and pretty colors and flying bubbles and drag-and-drop swimlanes...and I ended up feeling that it was all just fluff over the same task management system I use now. Pretty colors are great - they can be engaging. Further, I realize that DropTask is integrated with iMindMap, which promotes engaging the viewer. I just ended up turned off by the whole experience, however. I am happy with lists, not bubbles. Zooming in and out is fine, but a simple list would do the job. I spent a total of about 15 minutes clicking around and just felt that children would love all of the neat UI, but as a PM tool, I felt DropTask obscured what I need to do things.

Paul from Paqua Consulting

Industry: Utilities

Great task manager

A work as a sole practioner with regular interactions with clients and the system suits my needs very well. The system has proved very stable and the introduction of the My Planner has made it more productive for me.

Pros

Easy to learn and to use Very easy to revuew your lists and to change priorities I like the optional features of reminders and keeoign track of interactions on tasks (phoen calls back and forwards etc)

Cons

The software does not have a schedule module that allows identifying critical path and complex dependancies. For my use this is not a limitation but may be depending on your expectations.

Alfredo from Universidad de Valladolid

Every month is better

I have my days better organized and I don't have to be with things in mind. Droptask does that work for me

Pros

The canvas presentation, the task assignment, the different view possibilities,

Cons

the reminders are a bit tricky to stabish automatically in a regular basis

Atti from ALMAYAR

Industry: Investment Management

wonderful tool

was good

Pros

- tags option and flexibility in filtering the tasks - integrations with imindmap to create work program

Cons

- unable to filter the projects per users ,, some time I need to no the projects that the person is engaged with in the case of leave or absence, I know it is possible to go and filter the tasks per person but overall is east to look at projects before go into tasks.

chandramouli from Mindtree Limited

Droptask is helping me manage my projects better

Fun, effective in task assignment and review with my teams. They update progress on their own - so it saves me the time of having to go on chat to ask them for updates. It empowers them too, because they too plan their tasks to the next level and are in control.

Pros

Ease of use, colourful and functional. I like the way it integrated with Mindmap and the way i can generate a .CSV report and share it for my reviews. The colloboration feature is also great, though my team and i started using it very recently. I also like the colourfulness of the software. Unfortunately, i am unable to use all the feautres because of security restrictions in my office. eg: I cannot upload files or emails.

Cons

I would like to see a Monthly goal view and a yearly goals view. We always begin the year with broad directions and then pick topics to work on every month. Droptask does not have this view - where i can just go and see my goals.

Joseph from Digital First Media

DFM - DropTask Review - JDG

We used to struggle with completing payroll processing in a timely fashion. Since using DropTask, we have been able to meet or beat our deadlines because of how easy it is to use.

Pros

The projects are very easy to create and it is very user-friendly. I also really like that there is an option for templates, which makes it faster to create projects that repeat, whether they are small or large projects.

Cons

I would like to see an option to assign team members to multiple tasks at once. It is a bit tedious going to each task and assigning members tasks one by one.

Gareth from Self Employed

The best task management software I've ever used!

Exceptional. We've also had a demo with a team member called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was extremely helpful and gave us ideas on how to map out our task boards.

Pros

It is a fantastic task management software. The taskboards have been revolutionary for us, the way we can onboard a new client. We used to have a simple spreadsheet to manage new client accounts. Since using Ayoa, not only has it saved us time but it has made us more organised and the whole team knows exactly what tasks they are assigned to. Game changer! We are also using it to map our own marketing strategy and our client's marketing strategy. There is still so much we could do on the system to make our life easier. Looking forward to seeing the new updates!

Cons

It would be good to put taskboards into one category

Donny from Income-4-Idiots

DropTask Is Best platform for managing projects and task

Pros

Drop test is extremely easy to use and gives the user almost unlimited options for managing their projects and task in one place.

Cons

The pricing can be a little expensive if you have a large team.

Sundaresan from Sustainable Solutions Services and Supplies Private Limited

Industry: Architecture & Planning

DropTask review

Day to Day work... quite good for managing that

Pros

The interface is the best part of this app

Cons

The slow speed ( probably because of the Interface), and also relative lack of flexibility in moving tasks

Fiorina from UNCTAD

Industry: International Trade and Development

A visual tool for project managment

I use it to organize events and love the automatic reminders and the overview of what to do and when

Pros

Easy to use with many good search functions

Cons

Printing functions are not visible to the users

Jaka from Zavod Fitlab

Helps you get work done

Very easy to use, makes you more efficent.

Pros

It is simple to use and easy to comunicare with cooworkers on projects.

Cons

It is imposible to colaborate same task in different projects.

John from Young Enterprise Scotland

Use by an Individual on a Project involving others

On a project several people contributed the tasks needed was easy and even though I did not get them to sign and be online in (some with little or no IT skills) in I was still able to send reminders of their tasks or call those with a role to play so that I was totally confident we going to achieve to project on time. Not sure you can ask more.

Pros

Appearance and enjoyable to use. Ease of use, reminder options phone, email etc. interactivity with Imindmap11 both ways - map to task and task to map.

Cons

Current inability to size the category panels

Fantastic Visual Project , Task and Time Management Solution

I am solving many different problems (both professional and personal) with DropTask. In business it is allowing us to quickly visualize the importance/urgency/efforts around new projects/tasks to make better decisions about how best to accomplish them.

Pros

This software is highly visual, simple and intuitive and makes planning projects and tasks very easy, whether as an individual or as a team. The my planner feature has alos allowed me to quickly set down all of the tasks/project I need to get done (both professionally and personally) and then schedule them in an effective and efficient manner. This has greatly helped me with my time management and allowed me to focus on those projects and tasks that are most important to accomplish.

Cons

A couple of things could be improved: 1. it would be great to be able to assign either a start date and end date to the overall project and not just to the tasks within a project 2. in the planning and scheduling it would be good to incorporate the amount of duration of the projects/tasks if you needed to rather than setting an end date for each task. 3. it would be great to be able to see the critical path of the overall project along with the schedule of the project

Great Across All Platforms

Pros

Cons

Latest write ups have sparked some concern with future use and functionality. Not sure how it’s going to effect the way I currently use this service?

Response from Open Genius

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. We'd love to feature your review on our Customers page, located on our website. If you're interested in having your quote shared on our site, please get in contact with our team at support@droptask.com for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.