What are BasicOps users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using BasicOps software through verified user reviews

• icon"I loved the fact that you can structure the tasks the way you like and after estimation you can see a visual representation in the calendar tab, personally that helps me a lot."
  • icon"Implementation and support are awesome. Ability to communicate internally is essential for our organization."
  • icon"Love that I can put all my task so I can manage them, love that I can date them and move them based on priority. I also like the projects which we use quite a bit."
  • icon"The autocorrect/red underlining in the text areas is disabled, so if you make a mistake such as 'relavitely' does not get underlined in red and you can completely miss it out."
  • icon"Not sure how to set project priority level, event though it says its a feature."
  • icon"What annoys me is that the application on the phone logs you out after shord period of time."

Browse all BasicOps Reviews

• Have you used BasicOps and would like to share your experience with others?

Gratsiela

Good way to plan the tasks and most important good way to communicate with your coworkers.

Overall my team is extremly happy with it. As I mentioned above it provided us with the flexibility we needed also the shared space of discutions and notes is something that we love!

Pros

The software is relatively simple and offers good onboarding with detailed videos that were provided on YouTube. I loved the fact that you can structure the tasks the way you like and after estimation you can see a visual representation in the calendar tab, personally that helps me a lot. Another thing I like is that you can download the application on your phone and be always up to date with the progress of your team. The product offers good integrations with your email and even storage places such as DropBox. Once you connect your email the events are going to be exported in the 'Feed' section and that is extremely helpful. The project is perfectly suitable for big but also small companies like Startup Central, because it is easier to organize the tasks in projects for the different departments.

Cons

1.What annoys me is that the application on the phone logs you out after shord period of time. 2.Personally, I am experiencing difficulties using the 'calendar' tab and connecting the tasks such as which one is sequance of the other. 3.The autocorrect/red underlining in the text areas is disabled, so if you make a mistake such as 'relavitely' does not get underlined in red and you can completely miss it out!

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

In Planner you lack a lot of functinolities that BasicOps provides such as: 1. Better overview and structure over the tasks 2. Better interaction between the responsible people assigned to the tasks – discussion tab/attach files/estimate. 3. After taking on a big task – can be separated on small tasks each of the small tasks have their own ‘space’ for discussions or attached files. 4. Now each action is being logged in the ‘Feed’ and the whole team can see how each one of us progress with their own tasks. 5. We can add external team (such as the board members).

Response from BasicOps

Thank you so much! We're happy to hear you enjoy BasicOps as much as we do! We'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our team to ensure BasicOps functions exactly how you want it to!

Cindy

Industry: Wholesale

Keeps everyone in the loop.

We are having a great experience using BasicOps. It always works as expected and rarely do we need to call tech support.

Pros

BasicOps is working great for our small in-house marketing team. The majority of new projects come in thru email. With BasisOps integration, projects are easy to create and tasks are quick and to assign. It keeps everyone on track until project completion.

Cons

I wish that it retained my Filter and Sort preferences so I would not have to reselect every day. I would like to click to view Excel or Word files without having to download them. Similar to how it handles jpg and png files. Does BasicOps offer training? These may be current features that I am not aware of.

Reasons for choosing BasicOps

The cost was more in line with my needs for a small team.

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

BasicOps offered more features.

Response from BasicOps

Thank you so much! We're all about helping both small & large businesses stay organized and efficient!

Kristen

Good! It helps us stay organized.

It works great for basic task lists.

Pros

That you can sort your tasks by project.

Cons

That it is not integrated more with gmail.

Response from BasicOps

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you & your team are able to stay organized with BasicOps!

Patricia

Outstanding software! Couldn't do without it.

Love it!!!!!

Pros

Love that I can put all my task so I can manage them, love that I can date them and move them based on priority. I also like the projects which we use quite a bit. I also like that you can save documents within a task.

Cons

I wish I could put a time on a task. I also wish that when you create a task it would time stamp it.

Reasons for choosing BasicOps

Worked so well with all the different task we have.

Response from BasicOps

Thanks for the review! We know that keeping projects organized with dates, deadlines, and priorities helps all teams be successful!

Replied July 2021

Great Team project management tool!

Overall BasicOps is easy to use. The different views make it easy to work with your team to keep track of complex projects and communicate in real time. It's perfect for for remote teams.

Pros

Tasks are easy to see. I can easily toggle between board view and task view, and see who is assigned what, and update or contribute to tasks as needed.

Cons

It seems intuitive to tag contributors to a task, but I needed to create a subtask to add someone there, which works, but would be nice to easily add multiple people to one task. Calendar view is a bit clunky.

Reasons for choosing BasicOps

We are still using slack in addition to BasicOps, which we are primarily using as a project management tool. We are considering a switch in the future, but slack is currently servicing our communication needs.

Response from BasicOps

Thank you so much! We'll be sure to pass all feedback along to our team.

Melissa

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

BasicOps

Overall, I have been very pleased with BasicOps as a task management system. It keeps me organized and focused on the tasks I need to complete on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. It is extremely convenient to have one central location where all files and information for a specific project can live. BasicOps has greatly increased productivity and output of custom designs for the bureau.

Pros

BasicOps gives me the ability to track my day-to-day schedule and projects with ease. With brief training, the project and task creation process allow members of our team to assign their design needs to me with ease. They are able to view and keep track of the deadline of each project based on the date they set upon creation. This function keeps both me and my team members accountable and productive.

Cons

While BasicOps is user-friendly, there is a learning curve to completely understand the program. New members of our company usually need brief training to understand BasicOps before they start utilizing the program. Once a basic tutorial is given, most team members are able to navigate the program with ease.

Response from BasicOps

Thank you so much for your review!

Josie

Organized & Efficient!

Pros

It helps me & my team stay organized ranging from tracking project deadlines, delegating individual tasks, continuous status updates, or being able to communicate details quickly . We're a better team when using it.

Cons

Seriously nothing! This platform does everything I need it to & more!

Response from BasicOps

We're happy to hear you and your team are enjoying BasicOps!

Replied June 2021

Marc

An Easy-to-Use Platform with an Intuitive Interface

It's been a fairly easy transition moving away from project management with Google Sheets and towards BasicOps. The platform allows me to structure my day quickly, ensuring I always know what tasks I have ahead of me. It's also easy to stay in touch with my teammates by communicating at the task level and assigning specific tasks for them to contribute to the project at hand.

Pros

I like how user-friendly this platform is. With the simple tutorials provided, it's easy to hit the ground running and start creating tasks and projects right away. I also love the ability to integrate with the Google Docs and Gmail.

Cons

I would like to see a feature for recurring tasks, with the ability to set when to have the tasks recur.

Jonathan

Easy to Use but Powerful

We organize all our tasks and projects here.

Pros

Really like how this platform combines multiple systems into one: tasks and projects are easy to manage, with comments for each task to keep those from getting detached and stuck in email. We can use BasicOps for chat instead of Slack, and create tasks straight from an email in Gmail. Also it's nice to attach Google Drive files directly to tasks or projects to keep from having to search for files in a separate place.

Cons

Overall works very well, so no cons, it's got what we need.

Reasons for choosing BasicOps

Easy to use, great features and pricing.

Bjarke

Great product!

Easy to implement. Great support

Pros

Cons

The BasicOps team has been great at adding features per our request

Lack of features Price Support

Lene

Usage of BasicOps

So far so good. Learning new things most days

Pros

Easy to enter and add projects. Option to write messages/notes to team members and not include the customer in these messages

Cons

Gant Chart, an easier way to see all open tasks without needed to change the settings all the time

Reasons for choosing BasicOps

Know the one of the owners and he has helped and fixed a lot of our issues

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

too expensive compared to what we needed

Response from BasicOps

Thank you so much! We're happy to hear you have an easy time setting up & organizing tasks. We'll also be sure to pass your feedback along to our team.

Abby

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great Digital Hub to Keep Projects on Track

Pros

I like the Zoom feature a lot and it's a great way to keep track of what other people are doing without having to micromanage

Cons

I think it has everything you need in a digital collaboration and communication platform, and more!

Response from BasicOps

Thank you so much! The Zoom feature is a great asset when setting up quick meetings to discuss next steps! Our goal is to keep things easy & efficient for all teams!

Sam

BasicOps Review

Communicating projects quickly and effectively, linking files to tasks, tracking project deadlines.

Pros

Easy access to organized task list. Ability to copy task links and share with others. Ability to sort projects within certain subsets so I know what is most pressing for me to be working on at all times. Ability to have dialogue with co-workers as well.

Cons

A feature where it lists when the task was created, and the ability to make a recurring task could improve the platform.

New company