All BasicOps Reviews

Gratsiela

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Good way to plan the tasks and most important good way to communicate with your coworkers.

Overall my team is extremly happy with it. As I mentioned above it provided us with the flexibility we needed also the shared space of discutions and notes is something that we love!

PROS

The software is relatively simple and offers good onboarding with detailed videos that were provided on YouTube. I loved the fact that you can structure the tasks the way you like and after estimation you can see a visual representation in the calendar tab, personally that helps me a lot. Another thing I like is that you can download the application on your phone and be always up to date with the progress of your team. The product offers good integrations with your email and even storage places such as DropBox. Once you connect your email the events are going to be exported in the 'Feed' section and that is extremely helpful. The project is perfectly suitable for big but also small companies like Startup Central, because it is easier to organize the tasks in projects for the different departments.

CONS

1.What annoys me is that the application on the phone logs you out after shord period of time. 2.Personally, I am experiencing difficulties using the 'calendar' tab and connecting the tasks such as which one is sequance of the other. 3.The autocorrect/red underlining in the text areas is disabled, so if you make a mistake such as 'relavitely' does not get underlined in red and you can completely miss it out!

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

In Planner you lack a lot of functinolities that BasicOps provides such as: 1. Better overview and structure over the tasks 2. Better interaction between the responsible people assigned to the tasks – discussion tab/attach files/estimate. 3. After taking on a big task – can be separated on small tasks each of the small tasks have their own ‘space’ for discussions or attached files. 4. Now each action is being logged in the ‘Feed’ and the whole team can see how each one of us progress with their own tasks. 5. We can add external team (such as the board members).

Thank you so much! We're happy to hear you enjoy BasicOps as much as we do! We'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our team to ensure BasicOps functions exactly how you want it to!

Alexander

Information Services, 11-50 employees

BasicOps is more then Basic

First I was sceptical that it was the next project management tool, which was missing the functions i want/need.The shock was after 15 minutes that it actually has all the features and even the ones i am missing in a lot of tools. 2 hours later bought the licenses, 3 weeks later its one of our core project management application which totally fulfill our project working. Saves us $$$$ in licenses from other products, we integrate with clients if they don't want to use our system, 1 hour setup max. Currently we are happy, have build our risk register for the moment ourselves untill this is added.

PROS

The system has all good functions in a simple overview. In which you have additional options to make it just as complex as you want. The basic covers 99% of what people need on a normal project. with the site options for more complex options you can create all the extra functions. If you still get stuck on something, the integrations work awesome for the last mile.You just have to make it where project management is about, the goal to be reached. Not about all the side administration. Which is still possible and supported. But when used most of the time absolutely not clear why.

CONS

For me the only con, but i have seen it almost never in project systems, overview over multiple projects which are not build up in one project in my gant overviews.

Reason for choosing BasicOps

Ease of use, potential, pricing

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

Ease of use of the product and Jira has become an overcomplicated product. Which still misses some options or you have to use other Atlassian elements which are still not optimized together to have a good single overview.

Dana

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

I wish it was easier to use

Ultimately, we weren't able to get it to work for us. We still have it on the back burner for now, but until we have the time to figure it out better, we are going back to google docs.

PROS

I like the concept. KNowing everything that needs to be done and who is doing it is helpful.

CONS

I think that Basic Ops has the capability of being amazing, however it wasn't quite as intuitive as we needed it to be. Either that, or the set up wasn't easy enough. Either way, we all just kind of ended up pretty confused.

Dhairya

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

BasicOps Review

PROS

Simplistic UI and looks make it very easy to use and helps track team's tasks and project as a whole

CONS

Nothing much, just reminders via notifications etc would be good and being able to track the progress of individual tasks via a graph and a heads up of not being able to meet targets etc via prediction.

Eryka

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Anything *but* "Basic"

BasicOps is anything but basic. We are a boutique business and like many businesses require serious organization without the "bells and whistles" and fancy fanfare. BasicOps not only gets the job done but does so with an efficiency that's uncomplicated and to the point. It's intuitive and a pleasure to use. We're able to manage in-house business while staying on top of client projects/tasks. It's a great compliment to our CRM without competing with it or duplicating features it already has. BasicOps comes highly recommended by us.P.S.One feature we really find it useful for, is managing all of our lifetime deals (LTDs) purchases. It's great for keeping them organized in categories of what to "Consider", needs "Review" before the expiration date approaches, the ones that are a"Keep", and the ones being "Returned". The discussion section helps us identify the pros and cons of a product and reminds us of why we're keeping it or returning it; it also helps prevent any double purchases (yes, been there and actually freak'n did that - SMH). We could go on about how BasicOps has really made a positive influence on how we do business, keep organized, and supports accountability. Huge KUDOS to BasicOps for such a dynamic product!

PROS

One of the main things we liked most about BasicOps is that it's not overly complicated. It has all of the essentials necessary for management software without being over the top.

CONS

There is nothing that comes to mind that we do not like about BasicOps.

Reason for choosing BasicOps

We chose BasicOps over the listed alternatives because it wasn't overly complicated to use, and it offered precisely what was needed without the extra fanfare. Some of the other software, like Taskade, just had way too much going on - for instance, way too many options for templates. It detracted our focus and ended up wasting valuable time.

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

We made the switch because BasicOps had additional features that we found very useful that ConectHub did not. The discussion board within the task itself was more streamlined, allowing for searching, file upload to the discussion, direct person conversations with the @soandso within a task discussion, and task assignment within the discussion pertaining to that specific task. These are just some of the added feature differences that we found extremely useful.

Cindy

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Keeps everyone in the loop.

We are having a great experience using BasicOps. It always works as expected and rarely do we need to call tech support.

PROS

BasicOps is working great for our small in-house marketing team. The majority of new projects come in thru email. With BasisOps integration, projects are easy to create and tasks are quick and to assign. It keeps everyone on track until project completion.

CONS

I wish that it retained my Filter and Sort preferences so I would not have to reselect every day. I would like to click to view Excel or Word files without having to download them. Similar to how it handles jpg and png files. Does BasicOps offer training? These may be current features that I am not aware of.

Reason for choosing BasicOps

The cost was more in line with my needs for a small team.

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

BasicOps offered more features.

Thank you so much! We're all about helping both small & large businesses stay organized and efficient!

Patricia

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Outstanding software! Couldn't do without it.

Love it!!!!!

PROS

Love that I can put all my task so I can manage them, love that I can date them and move them based on priority. I also like the projects which we use quite a bit. I also like that you can save documents within a task.

CONS

I wish I could put a time on a task. I also wish that when you create a task it would time stamp it.

Reason for choosing BasicOps

Worked so well with all the different task we have.

Thanks for the review! We know that keeping projects organized with dates, deadlines, and priorities helps all teams be successful!

Luke

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

More Productive Meetings with BasicOps!

My experience has been very positive! The company is run by a fantastic team that is very receptive to feedback that improves end user experiences.

PROS

I like that I am able to have access to a rich note taking and project management tool natively within my meeting client. BasicOps allows me the ability to focus on my meeting while it is underway, without having to multi-task across multiple screens and applications in order to effectively take notes while in a meeting. I also like how easy it is for me to organize my notes in BasicOps, which greatly helps my Account Management workflows!

CONS

BasicOps is powerful and feature rich. This is great! But this does add some complexity when the intent is to perform simple tasks. Like note taking in meetings for account management purposes.

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

I was looking for a solution that leveraged Webex Meeting's embedded apps framework.

Luis

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Easy to use and intuitive

PROS

I think is really easy creting and managing tasks

CONS

I dint like to use the platform on the browser, problem has been resolved with the desktop app

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

BasicOps offers more views for the tasks allowing me to see lists/scrumboard/calendar view/table

Luca

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

A great product - Waiting for it to reach its full potential

I love this product. It's definitively not perfect, but excellent support and ease of use go a long way, because, at the end of the day, no software can be perfect when it comes to team management.Starting the team on the work was easy, basically I just created the tasks and assigned them to the team members. Getting an overview on the status of the project is simple, thanks to the board view and the timeline view.We find the chat very useful, to avoid decentralising activities on other tools.Overall, I believe that this is a product with huge potential. Right now it has all of the basic features but I hope that it will build on them, possibly also adding some new ones.

PROS

I absolutely love the customer support and the ease of use

CONS

The most needed features for me are time tracking and a knowledge base.As of Dec 2022, there are basic versions for both of them, but more advanced versions should be offered to suit my needs.

Reason for choosing BasicOps

I bought BasicOps because it offered a life-time-deal and had the basic features I needed.

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Great Team project management tool!

Overall BasicOps is easy to use. The different views make it easy to work with your team to keep track of complex projects and communicate in real time. It's perfect for for remote teams.

PROS

Tasks are easy to see. I can easily toggle between board view and task view, and see who is assigned what, and update or contribute to tasks as needed.

CONS

It seems intuitive to tag contributors to a task, but I needed to create a subtask to add someone there, which works, but would be nice to easily add multiple people to one task. Calendar view is a bit clunky.

Reason for choosing BasicOps

We are still using slack in addition to BasicOps, which we are primarily using as a project management tool. We are considering a switch in the future, but slack is currently servicing our communication needs.

Thank you so much! We'll be sure to pass all feedback along to our team.

Mohammad

Computer Software, 1 employee

Wondeful product

I'm very satisfied with this app and use is almost every day.

PROS

It has all the essentials needed to having projects planned and orgenized with other users. The UI is quite good and app is fast on webbrowser and mobile app. Would definetly recommend to others.

CONS

There are some additional feature which can be added like dependancies, mindmapping or brainstoriming however they are continuasly workin on new feutures.

Reason for choosing BasicOps

I have purchased other ones as well, however using basicOps the most in conjuntion with edraw mind to do other planning.

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

Limitations in terms of getting the job effectively done. It was a hassle to open google sheets and also not mobile friendly. Miro is mainly for mindmapping and can't do project planning properly.

Frank

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Swiss Knife of Project/Task Management

Does the job and mainly self explaining. Would buy again.

PROS

Different possibilities to manage tasks and projects.

CONS

Formatting of text in general. Would be great if this could be extended.

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

Capabilities to limited over time. Extension via Add-Ons to a challenge due to third party access to our data. Still a great product.

Dhruvi

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Here is my review for BasicOps

Overall I can say, BasicOps is a very helpful tool for task management.

PROS

Task management is done easily, mine as well as the team's. Also one can give a detailed update about their task and project. And it is very easy to use. I also liked this tool on Project level. Overall I can say, BasicOps is a very helpful tool for task management.

CONS

I sometimes get annoyed by the continuous notification I get on my email.

Critical in use

Josie

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Organized & Efficient!

PROS

It helps me & my team stay organized ranging from tracking project deadlines, delegating individual tasks, continuous status updates, or being able to communicate details quickly . We're a better team when using it.

CONS

Seriously nothing! This platform does everything I need it to & more!

We're happy to hear you and your team are enjoying BasicOps!

Replied June 2021

Imran

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

One of the Best Project & Task Management tool!

Best project management tool so far...

PROS

BasicOps is the tool to manage projects, track the progress of your tasks, and team members, manage time, easy to share documents, and collaborate – it works seamlessly with other tools as well. The best part you can connect to Google Drive and work with Google Docs & Sheets as well.

CONS

should allow you to log in using a mobile number with an OTP

Reason for choosing BasicOps

Cost-effective with more features.

Reasons for switching to BasicOps

found this one cost-effective and with more features.

Viraj

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Amazing User Experience

PROS

Managing & Editing Tasks. Developing a Gantt Chart for time tracking.

CONS

In Timeline (Gantt Chart), it does not have any option to see timeline for particular tasks>sub-tasks. When I open it it shows the timeline of whole project and filter options does not have anything to see timeline by task. If you add it, it'll be more helpful during presentations for focusing on particular task. Currently, I am creating dummy project of that task to show timeline of just that task.

Maria