All Bill4Time Reviews

Joseph

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

JKUAT Law Review on Bill4Time

Overall, Bill4Time has been a fantastic experience for me. I knew I had found the ideal method for running my law firm as soon as I began utilizing the platform. My productivity, organization, and efficiency have all significantly increased because to Bill4Time's features and functions. I can track my time easily, control costs, maintain customer information, and create expert invoices thanks to the user-friendly design. The platform's ability to seamlessly and quickly integrate with the other tools I use has been great. Additionally, the Bill4Time customer service staff has been wonderfully kind and supportive, responding to any queries or issues I have raised in a timely manner. The detailed reporting options have also been really helpful in giving me information about how well my practice is doing.

PROS

The platform, Bill4Time, has several features that I simply adore, and I am quite satisfied with it. I value the extensive and simple capabilities it provides for time tracking, expenditure management, client administration, and invoice production most of all. I can easily handle every part of my law firm effectively because to the platform's user-friendly layout and smooth interaction with other tools. The online time tracking tool, which enables me to precisely record my billable hours from any location, and the expenditure monitoring option, which enables me to maintain an exact record of my business-related expenses, are two features I really value. Another significant benefit is the capacity to provide comprehensive reports and invoices that may be modified. Additionally, the Bill4Time team's superb customer service is deserving of praise. They are constantly helpful, knowledgable, and ready to help with any questions or problems I may have.

CONS

Despite my overall satisfaction with Bill4Time, there is one thing that I find a little difficult. I'd say that using the platform for the first time might have a bit of a high learning curve. I originally found it a little hard to browse through all the features and functions of Bill4Time because I appreciate simplicity and ease of use. I needed some time to completely understand all the available settings and customization choices.

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

I choose Bill4Time above other solutions because it completely meets my demands as a professional and has a number of special features that make it stand out. First and foremost, Bill4Time's powerful time-tracking features enable me to precisely capture and record my billable hours, ensuring that I am paid for the job I complete. I find it simple to produce expert-looking invoices that are true to my brand thanks to the adaptable invoicing choices and customized invoice templates. My financial management activities are made simpler by the seamless interface with well-known accounting software. Additionally, Bill4Time's reporting and analytics tools give me insightful information about how my firm is performing, enabling me to make wise decisions and pinpoint areas for development.

Matthew

Reviewed April 2020

Almost Does it All

PROS

It is client-based. It allows you to have one client, and assign matters, thus avoiding having three of the same client. It has a pretty strong calendar that allows the whole office to see who is doing what. You can use their app to record time, and it loads that time once you have an internet connection. I can't say enough good about the program. It is very easy to use. But, if you run into a snag, their support team is outstanding and prompt.

CONS

I wish it had a reminder feature with a combination of e-mail and cell phone messaging.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

PCLaw had too many problems and slow support responses.

Reviewed July 2017

Billing Problems

PROS

The interface permits users to enter information for clients, matters, and amounts billed each month.

CONS

We changed plan mid-month and were billed twice for adding the same user, even though Bill4 Time does not disclose anywhere on its website that it refuses to pro-rate bills. So, beware that if you need to add a user and also need to change plans, you will be billed twice for that same user. The Company's support representative (which appears to be a single person) does not seem to grasp why this is inappropriate. We requested a refund of this double billing charge, and they refused to honor it.

Tama

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

The perfect fit

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

PROS

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

CONS

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

It remains to be the perfect fit for my needs.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

I started billing the law firm independently as opposed to using their billing system as an independent contractor.

Charles

Semiconductors, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

You get what you pay for

Simple, straight-forward time tracking and billing. Presentation is paramount -- we live in a time-driven linear world and this software supports that view. Invoices are clean, simple and professional looking. My sole client likes the format and knows I can tailor it to his needs.

PROS

Maturity, UI design, time tracking and billing.

CONS

Nothing really. There are aspects I do not use, so can't really comment on them.

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

UI design, breadth of view, ease of use, quality reporting

Mackenzie

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2021

Positive Review for Bill4Time

PROS

Bill4Time was easy to use and access. It met our small firm needs.

CONS

When we used it, it was not set up to integrate with Office 365.

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

Clio's marketing was pretty aggressive and our firm is always slow at making decisions.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

PCLaw was too broad for our small firm and it costs too much money.

William

Law Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Money Well Spent

The various report options help me to understand better what is happening with my case management and accounts receivable.

PROS

Bill4Time is easy to use and provides the features that I need for case management. Customer support is outstanding as well.

CONS

Sometimes it reorders the time that I have entered, but that is not a substantive problem.

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

It seemed easier to use and the price was better, too.

SHERRY

Reviewed August 2020

Great customer support

The folks who work in customer support are always ready to help. I'm not a computer wizard and they know how to help you without making you feel like a complete idiot !

PROS

Customer support is great. I usually have an answer very shortly after I send an inquiry. Also, I used Timeslips for years and I love how much more flexible this program is.

CONS

I don't like that I HAVE to have a matter and a client. I would prefer to have a choice to only have a client.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

It was time to upgrade and I wanted more flexibility in my software billing. So I started looking at other programs. I did the week trial for Clio - Bill4Time and one other I can't recall the name. I chose Bill4time because I immediately understood how to use it and because when I had a question someone always responded quickly.

Robert

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

Very User Friendly

Very Happy

PROS

Program was easy to set up and learning curve is low. Very easy to navigate and customize, if needed.

CONS

I do not have any complaints, except that this field has a minimum character requirement of writing a negative review to a positive review. I would recommend having this field as optional. Otherwise, you are requiring the writer of the review to illustrate a negative experience and where there is none.

Refereed by Colleague

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

As my client base grew, I needed an integrated program.

Cherry

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Time and Money Saving Software

Easy set up. User-friendly. Cost efficient. Bill4Time enables a small company to have the organization, efficiency, and the professional look of a large company without the large cost. The cost fits in our budget.

PROS

We love the ability to have live billing numbers, the opportunity for look-back, and the ability to attach client expenses to the billing.

CONS

As of now, I'm not sure of anything that I would change.

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

Hands down best quality and cost that contained everything we were looking for.

Cynthia

Reviewed October 2020

Satisfaction

My overall experience with this software is the new features and changes to the software that helps me to be more efficient in my job. I enjoy the fact that I can print reports for different cost. I like having access to the support team at anytime I needed them. I am thankful for the availability of being able to communicate with the support team about any immediate issues or problems I may be having. I find it very helpful in having live chat and the tutorials available to access at any time I need them. No matter how big or how small my problems are they are very professional and knowledgeable. I like that I can print the transcript to keep for future use should I run into the same problem and forgot what I had done the first time. I like the fact that I can print a report halfway through the month that allows me to see where I am with my monthly billing and productivity and it allows me to print case history which is helpful when I have to prepare an Attorney Fee Affidavit. The new features for notes are so helpful here when a client calls I can open their case and put phone conversations and print the notes for the attorney. My job is all about paper trail. I had a professor in college who said it is not what you say but what you write.

PROS

Very user friendly software . When I first started with the firm a co-worker showed me how to maneuver in bill4Time. Then she set me on my own. If I found myself not sure about what I was doing I would either review the tutorial or contact bill4Time's support team either by phone or live chat. The support team has always been very helpful and knowledgeable in the software. There has not been one problem that has gone unresolved with the support team. They are very diligent with getting back with you if they have to research an issue or a problem I may be having.

CONS

I would not say I like any thing least about this software. I am looking forward to the ability to be able to track consult fees. I am looking forward to a new tab that has consultations which will allow you to put the client into the system and the amount of the consult fee. This would eliminate me having to keep track of two Conflict of interest list.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

I am not sure the switch occurred prior to my employment with the firm. I could not say why the attorney made the switch.

Christine

Reviewed April 2020

Great Billing System and Great Value

B4T is a great billing software that satisfies all of our billing needs. It's very reasonably priced and has an excellent customer service staff. I recommend it highly for anyone looking for a quality product that won't break the bank but will still provide all the support you can ask for.

PROS

B4T is completely user friendly and has a neat, simple layout with no unnecessary noise to clutter your view like so many software products. It provides all of our billings needs in a straight-forward, uncomplicated manner. Their customer service is top-notch. I haven't had a single instance where I worked with a rep who wasn't extremely courteous and immediately able fix a problem or provide guidance for whatever need I had. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic and is such a pleasure to deal with. She's assisted me on numerous occasions and I can't say enough about her. Something else that I love about B4T is their support desk phones are answered within 2 or 3 rings by actual human beings. I'm never placed on hold by robo-operators as so often occurs with other companies (both professionally and personally).

CONS

I don't have any cons worth expressing.

Lisa

Reviewed July 2020

Excellent Product for a New and Continuing Users

Migrating to B4T has been a great move for our office. When I have had questions, it has been simple to do a quick chat or call to help me navigate my way. This has been a real boon to the practice and I am very happy with this product. The more I dig in the more I realize how helpful this program is to analyze our overall productivity.

PROS

We used another billing product which was specific to our business, but really inadequate for the practice. This has been a great change for us. The set up was easy. It is user-friendly overall - not just for hourly billing - but for info, expenses and accounting for each client including adding the receipts for the client's review. Additionally, the available reports make it simple to see who is billing how much, which payments have been made in any specific period and help us with work and cash flow.

CONS

The only issue that I have is when I am adding multiple expense or time entries, I occasionally end up with an open item that I am not sure is captured or not. This may be due to my method of entry, but it requires me to double back and recheck it.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

We wanted a more robust program that gave us maximum efficiency and the ability for me to assist my boss and others in capturing time and expenses for each person touching an account.

Sharon

Reviewed January 2021

Great Billing Software

Great product and great customer service.

PROS

Setting up clients and matters is very simple to do, and it requires minimal steps and provides maximum flexibility. The time and expense entry, reporting, invoicing, and accounting features are all easy to use. It also includes a conflicts check feature which searches across multiple fields so is comprehensive. The simplicity and flexibility of the software is what we love. Customer and technical support is exceptional.

CONS

There are no "cons" to the software that we have experienced.

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

We looked at a variety of billing software products. Many were inflexible in setting up clients and matters, or required too many steps to merely enter time and expenses, or the conflicts searches were limited to certain fields. We wanted something that was flexible and easy to use. B4T gives us what we need and want. We are very pleased.

Anne-Marie

Reviewed August 2020

Loving Bill4Time

Bill4Time has been a seamless transition for us. We are a law firm and use the software daily to track our time and for administrative and accounting functions. The reports are excellent to keep track of expenses, invoices, the trust account, etc. Customer support helped me figure out which features our firm needs and now I'm a whiz at Bill4Time.

PROS

The best thing about this software is the customer support. All of the features are here -- accounting, invoicing, timekeeping, reports -- and the customer support helps us figure out how to use it for our needs.

CONS

I cannot think of any improvements that are needed

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

Better price, we didn't need all of the bells and flash. We wanted a simple product, reasonably priced for our purposes.

Reasons for switching to Bill4Time

PC Law was frustrating, had no customer support, and ultimately crashed!

Law Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

Easy for solo practitioner

First used Bill4Time when I left a larger firm and set up a smaller 3 attorney firm. When I left that firm for a higher education institution the software wasn't needed but when I retired from the institution and wanted to have a limited solo practice I immediately went back to Bill4Time since I was familiar with it and knew how easy it would be to use in a limited practice environment.

PROS

Simple to set up, easy to use, support. Having retired from full time practice I needed a simple to use billing software for the limited practice I have maintained from my home. This software offers everything I need at a reasonable cost.

CONS

Not really. I probably could use other features of the software but haven't taken the time to learn them.

Reason for choosing Bill4Time

Ease of use, familiarity and price

Leslie