• Pros

• "I appreciate the flexibility and intuitive programming as well as the timely response to all technical support and customer support questions."

• "This product is project based which is great for the A/E industry. BQE provides great support and is always available when we call for support."

• "The program is user friendly and the support is very very good. Been using this program for years. The program is easy to understand and if you ever need technical support they are very helpful."

• Cons

• "They have great reports but too many report. Consolidation of reports will be a great enhancement."

• "The learning curve was a little steep at first, but it's worth it. I had to invest the time to learn the program, just like we invest time to learn any new technology or software to do our jobs."

• "Sometimes there are hiccups- but mostly user error. The support is great when challenges occur. It would be nice to be able to customize reports a bit more, but honestly it is a great product!"

Browse BillQuick - Integrated Project Management and Accounting Reviews

Barbara from Project Delivery Group

We Are All Surprised I Am Writing This Review!

I purchased my first licenses of Billquick reluctantly, as an overpriced timesheet management system for my very small business and quickly began fighting to make it meet my partners needs for invoicing our clients. It was not pretty and there were times when we had serious discussions about whether this was the right fit for me. but the BQ team didn't give up and I am glad I did not. One advantage of a rough start was the opportunity to get to know and really appreciate the exceptional quality, skill, and patience of the support team assembled for BQ clients. Over the years, we have struggled and grown and improved our skills and processes together, and that is one of the exceptional things about this software and this company. They really do listen to their users and try to incorporate our priorities and needs into the upgrade process. The program is feature rich, and most companies won't need to use every feature that is available, but there are convenient and graceful ways to make each person's interface efficient, streamlined and comfortable. When the same program is usable for an intern on his first day and our power user when she is invoicing you know it is easy to use. I used to wish Quickbooks would get a better time management and invoicing capability so I could stop buying Billquick, but now I am trying to get rid of Quickbooks! The network versions work well, I can access the program over a VPN, and I have gone months without calls to the Support Team lately. Having grown from 5 to 30 employees since becoming a customer, I have to say, Billquick has been part of our path to success.

Pros

Great ability to customize individual user views, strong client and project tracking functions. Efficient invoicing capabilities with interface with Quickbooks. Consistent updates and improvements to the program. Very strong customer support and help desk.

Cons

I do wish there was a different pricing model that allowed different segmentation of the features, I would like to see stronger payroll/benefits/hr functionality and accounting completed so we can ditch Quickbooks, and my project managers would like additional flexibility in building gantt charts.

Julia from Cooper Gardner Architects

Great Time keeping and Billing software for Architects and Engineers

We discovered BillQuick on line after struggling with a user friendly way to record, retrieve, report and correct errors in time entries for our Clients. Filling in time sheets accurately is a critical part of our business and billing process. Unintentional errors on time sheets, with time entries logged under incorrect work phases or project scopes are inevitable and our previous billing software only allowed time entries to be moved one at a time, which was done when the WIP was being reviewed. The result was a painful and time consuming process at the end of each moth for our accountant which resulted in delays in getting our invoicing out in a timely manner. With BillQuick, time sheet errors can be moved quickly and easily across data sets in batches. Changing time keeping software can be a stressful decision, often met with resistance from staff. However after carefully researching BillQuick and completing the training session, and seeing the ease and intuitive nature of the time keeping options, I was confident that I would be able to coach staff through the process with ease. The ease of time entries means that fewer staff are delinquent on keeping time sheets up to date. This has numerous benefits, the primary one being being able to bill on time. There are other time allowance features such as limiting time assigned to a team member for a project, and notifying team members in real time when the Fee for a work stage has been exceeds (time entry presents in red). I was a bit skeptical about the claims of vastly reducing invoicing time, but from experience can confirm this is true. This software has enabled us to consistently get billing out within the first 10 days of the month, with invoicing taking a fraction of the time it used to. This enables us to close out each month efficiently, properly monitor quarterly and annual targets, and focus on fixing problems quickly. Ease of monitoring Fee Expenditure also means it is easier to stay out of trouble and address problems as soon as they arise. There are many linked features such as monitoring staff and project profitability which provide solid back up data when assessing bonuses etc.

Pros

It is very easy to learn to use for both staff entering time and new accounts staff. The ease of time entries means that fewer staff are delinquent on keeping timesheets up to date. Projects can be broken down into phases - this is KEY for tracking fees within an Architectural Full scope of services. You create your own Activity Codes which you can align with your preferred Contract It REALLY does speed up invoicing tremendously It offers a WIDE range of invoice templates and reports to analyse project Fee expenditure and report to Clients It allows for various levels of security access so that Senior Staff are not beholden to the Accounts Department when they need to report to a Client or check the Fee against the Contract All staff can monitor Fee in real time (assuming time sheets are up to date) Senior Staff can easily monitor and give feedback to staff on performance and productivity, based on various time periods, for example on Billable vs non billable hours, contracted hours performance etc The technical support is excellent Integrated with Quick Books very well

Cons

I can't think of anything really....If I had to be critical I would say: - there are so many reports that you are unlikely to use them all and can get lost in the Report Centre. However there are tabs for your favourites and memorised reports. - Expenses are very very to enter but not as easy to unwind/change as Time entries

Eury from Semler Brossy Consulting Group

My BQE Experience

Pros

I like that BQE is user friendly and makes it possible for the entire company to enter their own time and expenses anywhere, anytime. I like that when there are updates to the system, users are informed. I really like that everything entered through the mobile app sinks right away into BQE. The technical support customer services is great. Even when someone is not sure of the answer, they research and get back to you. The support group is dedicated, knowledgeable and professional. Lenny is the best.

Cons

I do not like that all reports are Word documents. With data, it is impossible to sort and filter when looking for information. It would also be easy if questions/answers could be given directly in BQE prior to invoicing instead of having to print each pre-bill and send to managers for approval and then enter their answer back in BQE. The system allows write up/down of billable hours but you cannot run an accurate report of the amounts that were written up/down (I think in BQE it includes non billable hours). I keep track of mine on an Excel spreadsheet and it would be nice if I did not need to have an additional spreadsheet. It would make more sense if each field that is populated in all categories could be use for reporting purposes. For example, if running a list of client, it would be good if we could choose what fields we want to see on the report for each client (like contact person, email address, industry...). Sometimes, I have to run three reports to get the information that I compile in one Excel spreadsheet. Maybe I do not have this information, but the only way to access report customization is via email. It would be nice to have a support line for easy questions regarding a new report.

June 2015

Stacy from FOCUS Engineering & Surveying

June 2015

BillQuick - A look at one year post conversion

Pros

BillQuick is a powerful tool in tracking project time and expenses for professional services. We converted from 7 years of Quick Books data. Although the conversion and integration was not a seemless process, and the learning curve was much longer than originally anticipated, we are now tracking project profitability at a much higher level than we ever have before. BillQuick Tech Support is fantastic. They are patient and knowledgeable, and we have received a lot of added value by having the Gold Care Tech Support package added onto our services. Additionally, we have invested quite a bit of extra money on having Bill Quick Customization Department write customized reports. Although the standard reports section is extensive, we were unable to find reports that gave us exactly the data we wanted to see. It's nice that this additional service is offered, but it would be nice for them to give us a handful of customized reports as part of the conversion process and then charge extra from there on out.

Cons

The software is not as user-friendly as it could be. Some things are overly complicated and require detailed use before you understand the functionality of the software. It could not be more different that QuickBooks, and the transition for us was difficult. Personally, I highly underestimated the learning curve. In the beginning, we were only using BQ for time and expense logging and we maintained our Quick Books file for all other general accounting, which I would strongly discourage. Although the SYNC feature does work to sync data between programs, it is not a clean sync and much of it needed cleanup on either side of the sync. This was very frustrating. We just recently converted all of our general accounting in QB over to the Accounting portal in BillQuick. This has helped to have all of our financial records in one software system and our data is much more consistent. However, the "Accounting" portal is not perfect and there are a number of features that are lacking where QB has it all dialed in. Examples: 1) in looking at a vendor bill, there is no indication or PAID FLAT to see it has been PAID or not. To see if it is paid, I have to look at the previous checks. 2) In a report that lists all AP checks written for a particular time frame, there is no TOTAL at the end of the report. 3) BQ allows duplicate check numbers. (This is not a complete list, but the top 3 things that drive me insane.) These seem like basic accounting features and for them to not be included in an accounting software is frustrating. DISCLAIMER: we have not yet upgraded to BQ2015 and remain on BQ2014 for a while longer. My understanding is that BQ2015 has updated a number of accounting features, so I look forward to seeing if any of those issues are remedied.

Christine from EcoMetrix Incorporated

July 2011

We are an environmental consulting firm operating in Canada. We were using Caseware Time before purchasing BillQuick about 3 years ago. Our previous system was inadequate because it didn't have a strong reporting capability. Caseware also did not roll over projects from previous years - a problem for us because we sometimes have long running projects. We are currently using BillQuick 2011, and we automatically receive current updates with our priority support package. The implementation was not a smooth transition to say the least. Caseware and BillQuick were not at all compatible, and we feel we are still trying to rid ourselves of some of the demons. As a result, we are still trying to work out the kinks after all this time. For the most part, we have had very good help from the folks at BillQuick, especially Irfan and Mario. We are still on a learning curve, and hope to have the kinks resolved before the year's end. BillQuick's pros definitely outweigh the cons, and I think that we eventually will have the system running to our satisfaction. We have not yet done a lot of employee/manager training, since we feel we need to get the system running more smoothly before we unleash them on it! For the most part, the ease of invoicing for straightforward invoices is great. We previously compiled and sent out invoices manually. That being said, we do seem to run into most of our problems with BillQuick in the invoicing and reporting area. We do a fair amount of pre-billing in our business, and BillQuick does not really allow us to properly utilize the reporting required for this type of invoicing, in terms of WIP and over/under contract amounts. For example, when we pre-bill, we would like to see a negative amount reflected in the WIP and then, as time is added, have that WIP eventually even out and possibly go into the positive. We have tried in the past to work with negative WIP, and it has not gone well with the reporting functionality, especially in terms of WIP reconciliation. The other issue we seem to have arises when we use the "Mark as Billed" feature. What good is this feature if you cannot associate a bill with an invoice number? As a result of this shortcoming, our "mark as billed" invoices do not get picked up in the reporting process. When we do a manual invoice versus an hourly invoice, does the software track the non-billable time that may be in the project as well as the billable? All in all, we feel BillQuick is a good program and has the potential to be great. We realize that we need more personalized training, and that some of our difficulties are due to our unique business needs. Thanks for all the help and support.

Mark from Mark Farner CPA PA

BillQuick Time Bill, Project Management & Accounting

BillQuick is a sophisticated time and expense billing software. It can be customized to individual needs. I use it for my accounting practice, but don't need many of the features available with the product. It will integrate with QuickBooks, however, I prefer to use it simply to track time and expense; then use QuickBooks directly for my invoicing. The BillQuick software will produce very detailed invoices if you choose to use the program to prepare client invoices. You can customize the appearance of the invoice to give the client as much or little information you want.

Pros

Compared to other time and billing software, BillQuick is a bargain. The program allows you to set up multiple engagements for each client so you can track time and expense separately for each engagement if you so choose. Once you have everything set up, the program works very smoothly. Customer support has been very good. I like the layout of the screens and the icons that take you the various program applications. They make it very easy to move from one application to another regardless of the particular application you are in.

Cons

I am not a technical person and there is a bit of a learning curve with the product. Because it is designed to be very customizable to a wide variety of industries, there are many features you may not need. This is not a bad thing.

Cheryl from Sanderford & Carroll, PC

Try it, you'll love it.

Pros

This software is intuitive and very reliable. It interfaces seamlessly with QuickBooks for a complete accounting experience. In the rare event that I cannot generate a report or do not know how to best accomplish something, I put in a call or e-mail to BillQuick support and receive nearly immediate, courteous and helpful response. If needed, we do a "Go to Meeting" session to get things figured out. I have never been left hanging. It's nice to know there are real knowledgeable people there if I need them.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to comment, it's that good. It's reliable and robust, a win-win. My only negative, if I had to choose, would be that the sales reps are a bit pushy for my taste. I subscribe to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" so when I am "reminded" multiple times that there is a discounted upgrade available, it's a turn-off. That said, I still recommend the product.

Mike from WRK Engineers

WRK Engineers Review of BillQuick

Thanks for asking me to participate in this survey. WRK has been a BQE customer for some time, but I have been using the program for about a year and a half. I'd like to consider myself an expert in the program....but I'm nowhere near that close. My responses are below. I did not answer the "value for the money" question above as I have not priced other programs and have no frame of reference. Sorry.

Pros

Being a database, it can store infinite information. This info can also be easily searched. Helpful us when recalling details of a project from 3-4 years ago. The Gold level support is a must (and worth it if there is an issue). The Facebook group (comprised of BQE staff and users) is an excellent resource for learning from others and receiving "after hours" support for a quick "how to". The BQE team is very enthusiastic about their products and also does a good job of providing continual education via free webinars.

Cons

There are several small items I could mention to make BillQuick more user friendly, but in reality, for as much data as it holds for us now (about 6 years worth) it does a good job of keeping track of all the pieces within the database. I have had several items, after talking to support, that I've been told will "get on the list to be fixed". It would be nice to hear when those changes have been implemented.

Elizabeth from Safex, Inc.

Longtime Customer

Customer support is wonderful, much better than it was even three years ago.

Pros

The software can do almost anything that you need it to, you just need to have a lot of time to figure it out. The customer support is wonderful!

Cons

The reports are not very user-friendly, they are very rigid and I can't drill down on the report to see where my number are originating. Also, I don't like to get invoiced in July for an upgraded product that won't come out until the following year. I don't like getting calls to pay the July invoice that is not due until September. I will get a weekly call even though my invoice is not overdue. That is frustrating.

Rimi from Freelance architecturl design

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great flexibility and excellent accounting tracking

Very encouraged to continue using this package!

Pros

The ability to track all aspects of my clients projects and their invoices and especially time keeping as it affects the end rate I charge them. Also ability to track via mobile anytime makes keeping records updated very easy and workable

Cons

So far no issues, been using with somewhat smaller one off design jobs but has sufficed.

Mary Lou from hemmler+camayd architects

August 2016

This is the best software I have ever used over 38 years!

Pros

I could never pick one particular item about this product and vendor that I like the best. The complete software package is so versatile, user friendly, and accurate. The vendor service provided is due is beyond compare with any other company I have worked with. Their expertise, promptness and patience any time I've needed assistance directly relates to their mission of taking very good care of me as a customer, ensuring I meet my daily work target. I've been using BillQuick for 6+ years and needed tech support twice. Problem solved within 5 minutes and right back on track!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike at all. Product and vendor has outperformed what I was previously using for the last 30 years.

Michael from Johnson Wilbur Adams, Inc

Consulting Structural Engineering Firm

Pros

We previously developed our own billing software using excell spreadsheets. Switching to BillQuick allowed us to automate our billing. We set up our projects (hourly, fixed and fixed not to exceed and phased projects) and our employees directly input their time into the software. Billing is reviewed on screen by the department supervisor and then by the project managers. Invoices are then created and either emailed or mailed to clients based on their preference. The software has allowed us to track project progress and accounts receivable. Statements are very easy to create using the standard reports. We rarely receive complaints or even questions from clients concerning our invoices.

Cons

It would be nice to have reports that we can adjust, however, BillQuick has done an excellent job of preparing our customized reports. We paid to have customized reports for hourly, fixed price and phased invoices which covers 99.9% of our invoices.

Karen from Bennett Trenchless Engineers, LLP

Mind blowing software! Mind blowing support!

Bennett Trenchless Engineers has been using Bill Quick for the past 5 years. It is a rich, flexible software program with excellent customer support. BQE seems to be working constantly to enrich and improve the software to meet the challenges of today's quickly changing technology. I am always impressed with the professionalism of the support staff and their willingness to patiently "walk me through" the issues and questions I have. I would recommend this program to anyone who needs a project management program with dynamic reports. There is a report for almost anything my boss asked me for. If by chance that report does not exist, BQE is willing to make a custom report for a reasonable fee.

Pros

Project managers and staff enter their own time and expenses which allows me to get my invoicing done in a short time without errors and the need to reverse and redo. There are so many reports that help our PMs manage their projects and reduce losses. The reports reveal where we stand with regard to company profitability, gross margins, staff billing, etc. Great reports to track where your company is doing well and where they can improve.

Cons

The only con I have about Bill Quick is that it is such a dynamic program that for me, the learning curve was longer than Quick Books and other software I have used. That being said, what you get once you learn what is there and how to manipulate it is well worth hanging in there and getting familiar with the reports, the different invoices, etc.

August 2016

Francisco from MBV Engineering, Inc.

August 2016

Started our journey with BQE 10 years back and we are loving it!

Pros

BillQuick is powerful software and in general it has helped improve the productivity in the office. It used to take us days to do billing in Excel. BillQuick has cut down that tedious billing process significantly. Our Project Managers are happy because they have everything they need about their project in on location which is Project Center. Recording time and expenses using web suite and mobile apps has made it possible to see the real time project progress. There are several different invoice templates in the software and we have a very unique format that we need to send our invoices on and BillQuick created a custom invoice template for us which fits our needs. We are dealing with different customer service on our other software and I think there support is top class and definitely a customer service driven company

Cons

Can't think of anything. It has been 10 years since we started using BillQuick and the experience is getting better with every year that passes by because they release upgraded every year which is most driven from user feedback.

Adam from Montgomery Roth Architecture & Interior Design LLC

Great Software, Top Notch Support

We've been using BillQuick since 2008. Prior to that we were using TimeSlips. The transition was a breeze and we have never looked back. We have found BillQuick to be a much more robust program overall, and BQE continues to add new features. The support team is spectacular and well worth the GoldSupport plan. BQE has done a great job when it comes to incorporating our feedback into updates. The program has a decent amount of flexibility, so with a little tweaking and some report customization, most companies should be able to suitably represent the information that is important to them.

Pros

Feature Rich, Customizable User Experience, Excellent Customer Support, Integration; although we're looking forward to the day when BillQuick eliminates our need for QuickBooks altogether. There are reports for everything from Profitability to Fee Schedules to User Permissions.

Cons

It's hard to complain about having so many reports, but despite their volume, at times we find that we need two different reports to show information that could have been incorporated into one. Filtering is easy, but it would be nice to have the ability to add/replace fields.

Joyce from CivTech Inc.

CivTech BillQuick Software & Support

CivTech decided to implement the software with the current QuickBooks software to improve time entry & add reports. Also to save time during the invoicing and payroll process. During the implementation of the 2 software programs and learning process the BillQuick Representatives, Customer Service along with the custom report process has been a good experience and will be an excellent benefit for our company. I would like to thank my rep and the representatives who have been essential in our company moving forward with understanding and using the BillQuick software.

Pros

The input ability that employees are able to enter their time to the projects for payroll. This software tool is good overall for saving time. In the past the employee entered their time on a spreadsheet and the accounting person reentered their time into the accounting program with QuickBooks. The more we learn about the benefits of BillQuick the more we like the software.

Cons

Taking time out to make the phone call to get the answer to fix a problem that came up. Basically it is part of the learning process which ends up being a good experience because of the knowledge and help that we receive will there is an issue.

Diane from Northwest Information Services, Inc

High Value Product

I have found that the online product provides nearly all of the functionality that we need and it has certainly provides a more positive user experience than previous software we have used. This is a solid product at a price point that is reasonable for my small company. I greatly appreciate the prompt support and excellent customer service whenever I have run into questions or problems. The program has been easy for my staff to use and this has increased the adoption and decreased my workload. There are a few things I would do to improve the program but BQE does seem to be continually evaluating and improving the product.

Pros

Mobility, portability, storage for project documentation/contracts, ease of use/user interface, user support/customer service.

Cons

The online product does not have report previews and it is fairly difficult to narrow down specific reports that will be most helpful. In general it would be nice to have optional report customization without incurring fees. No archive/unarchive in the BQEonline.

CAROL from RFG Financial Group, Inc.

Absolutely. . . . . . THE BEST!!!

What a life saver!!!! We've used BillQuick for the last five years. It has proved to be the perfect solution for our timekeeping and billing needs. BQE is easy to use and can be tailored to fit your specific needs. The program has a variety of easy-to-use features and an extensive catalog of reports that can be tailored to meet the most specific of requirements. And, if needed, they have a fabulous team who will develop a custom report, tailored to fit your specific needs and reporting requirements.

Pros

To get you started, BQE has a uniquely talented team who will introduce you to the program and provide thorough training. Then, once you get started, BQE has an outstanding team of technicians who are just a phone call away and can readily provide assistance when needed.

Jon from BFMJ, Inc.

July 2011

We are a structural engineering consulting firm with many types and scales of building design and specialty design projects. We also perform commercial and residential inspections. Our client base often has differing preferences on how we present invoices. Our old system was difficult to use, and we struggled to produce and track our invoices in the way our clients wanted. We switched to this system due to the ease of use and regularity of generating meaningful reports for the principals in charge. Using BillQuick, we were able to quickly present the health of the company's projects, proving the value our clients and employees provided the company as a whole. An added factor influencing our decision was the reports that project managers can generate with a few clicks of a button. This helped us with budget control and billing maintenance, leading to better project information easily accessible to everyone when the data is most needed. We are currently using BillQuick version 11. We bought the software in March of 2011 (then version 10). Version 11 came out prior to full implementation. Our company was able to easily adapt to the change in timesheet software entry with very little direction, with the exception of the non-billable hours not being set to 0 hrs in the B-Hours. This is now done manually for billing purposes, but has been requested to be an option for the automatic 0 hours for a future release. The customer support line is a little difficult to get on the line sometimes, but the people I have spoken with are always friendly and helpful. We will benefit from the new system because everyone will now have access to information at the project level now, instead of just at the business management level. We also boost productivity by having our own standard invoice templates incorporated into the BillQuick system, adding a level of communication for both the project managers and the clients involved on any given project.

Terry from It All Adds Up Inc

BQ is Awesome

BillQuick is the best software for multiple types of businesses. I have used this software at radio stations, architectural firms, civil engineering firms, CPA Firms, and law firms. Once installed it is easy for employees to learn how to use the software. The desktop version also syncs with QuickBooks. The syncing with QuickBooks takes a little more training of an employee but works wonderfully and seemless. I have personally worked with BIllQuick for about 10 years. It is very flexible for multiple types of businesses.

Pros

Flexiblility, ease of use, and the ease of learning how to use the multiple facets of the software. The technical support is responsive. When using the technical support they are not condescending or dismissive when simple solutions are asked. Both the technical staff and the sales staff are attentive to the needs of the customers.

Cons

it has got to be the integration to QuickBooks. It is easy once you learn how integration works. I'd also say that the inability to integrate the online version with QuickBooks desktop version is also a disappointment.

TAMMY from High Mesa Consulting Group

Customer service

I was on the phone with the representative (BQE) and QuickBooks Tech Support for several hours today. I was extremely frustrated as we weren't finding a solution to my syncing my invoices to QuickBooks. After much frustration, we let QuickBooks hang up from the GoTo Meeting as well as the conference call with BQE and myself. The representative assured me he would help me and he did. While I had to put him on hold for a moment, he was able to find the problem and resolve it! I am so happy and now I don't have to go the weekend worrying about how my invoices next week are going to sync. Thank you so much for hanging in and helping resolve the problem!

August 2016

Cyndee from TriAxis Engineering Inc.

Excellent software/excellent service

Pros

The product is excellent and easy to understand. The support is truly the best I have ever encountered for a software vendor. The support staff has extended hours by phone, and frequently participates in the user's forum so you may have a question answered in the very late or wee hours of the morning. They are responsive and supportive in our efforts to make this program work for our company. We use Quickbooks accounting and Intuit payroll. The integration between Quickbooks and BillQuick has worked well thanks to the excellent help we received in the program setup from our assigned trainer.

Cons

Would very much like to have more sorting capabilities in filtered reports. Other than that, I have nothing negative to say about this vendor.

Cottie from Pivot Structural Engineering

I have used BillQuick since 2005

Pros

The product: affordable, flexible, and user friendly. Please take their free webinars to have a general idea first. it's worth to get their Implementation and Training Services. When you have issues, call them immediately. We process monthly invoices within three days, so we have the rest of month to manage project budgets, employee performances, schedule project meetings, etc. The vendor: They have the BEST support team. They are always there to help me, I especially thank their assistant floor manager, Ricardo Andrade. He is always patient, friendly and supportive.

Cons

None. I like them very much and have recommended them to my important customer.

August 2016

Phil from Western States Land Services, Inc.

Consultants Use and Experience utilizing BillQuick software products

Pros

We needed an integrated billing software that would incorporate our employee daily time accounts into a singular data base that would produce customized invoices to our clients. BillQuick meets this need and has many useful extensions to provide extended data requested by our clients regarding our services and costs.

Cons

We have a long term relationship with BillQuick and would not have done so if we had negative issues with the company support or product. Like any new highly functional software, there is a learning curve to effective use, so be prepared to invest some time and learn your way around in BillQuick. The support has been superior in helping us and we now seldomly need to request assistance.

Ashley from Clear Creek & Associates

BillQuick has made our life easier

I highly recommend it

Pros

I would definitely say BillQuick has made our life easier. It is very easy to use and handles our time and expense tracking on projects. Integration with QuickBooks works really well and it saves double data entry. Whenever we need any help their customer service has been outstanding.

Cons

Cannot think of anything. We have been using BillQuick for 7 years and whenever there has been an issue with the software BQE has been there to support us

Edward from Rivera Consulting Group, Inc.

Great billing software

Highly recommended product.

Pros

As a structural engineering consulting practice with numerous projects and clients, the software answers our needs with wonderful organization and flexibility in setting up projects and invoicing. Numerous invoicing templates allow us to satisfy our clients billing requirements to a "T". Technical support is responsive and knowledgeable on all facets of the program.

Cons

The biggest asset, deep flexibility and customization, can take some real time to master. Fortunately, though, technical support is there to take you by the hand and show you how to accomplish what you need to do.

August 2016

Denise from Oasis Associates, Inc.

Customer Service Technical Support

Pros

I have had to contact customer service - technical support at certain times, and each time I have happened to have Diego Carrillo assist me with my questions. His professionalism and expertise has always been above and beyond. He has always been so accommodating to assist my concern or questions. I always leave with more knowledge regarding Bill Quick. He displays excellence in his field and the vendor/software is superb.

Cons

I am simply very happy with Bill Quick. I really have not had an issues with the product. It has suited our needs for our office. I enjoy working with this program/software and continue to learn each day. Simply the best product for our office.

Della from gLAs Architects, LLC

Invoice Templates

The invoice templates need more features that will separate expenses from Vendor (Consultant). It's impossible to have a true billed-to-date for expenses and consultants because they are lumped together as an expense. I have been told that I can purchase a template just for our company that will do this but I think it should come as a feature already. Other than that, I think the BQuick is a very good program for the Architect industry.

Pros

Timesheet entry is very easy and only as accurate as your data entry. Project setup and Client setup is very user-friendly.

Cons

Would like to see more variations of invoice templates.

Ken from Ring Consulting Group

Great time tracking and invoicing software for the small office

We've been using BillQuick for about 20 years. Great software and easy to use. Got the software to manage our time tracking and invoicing for our engineering office. BQ allows us to track our time on projects so we can bill out against the right project, as well as track hours against budget and fee. It's easy to capture the extra time on projects, and helps us detect when scope creep happens on our projects. Converting the time spent on projects to invoicing the clients is quick, and we can easily capture those "extras" that can slip through the cracks if you don't pay attention to it.

Pros

Staff can enter hours directly into BQ - no chasing the employees to have them fill out time sheets, or remember the projects they worked on during the month. Hours are captured daily, so we can see at any point where we are on the project budget. We can also bill out projects as soon as they are complete. No need to wait until month-end to Invoice clients.

Carolyn from Tim Barber Ltd., Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very well thought of software

My background in finance has availed the opportunity to work with Sage ERP300, Great Plains, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Design Manager and now BillQuick. I am very fond of BillQuick and its customization features. Very well thought of software. I look forward to BillQuick providing better accounting functions than QuickBooks down the road. The support team is extremely knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. Over these years several BillQuick support engineers have assisted me as well and provided shortcut solutions that in essence create bigger issues.

David from David Robert Crawford, Architect AIA

August 2016

Simple, yet very powerful time billing and project management solution

Pros

In 1999, when we bought BillQuick it was a small company but with a bunch of hardworking and dedicated people behind it. I had no doubt in my mind back then this company will have nothing but the success. 17 years today we are still using BillQuick and all these years BQE has worked on perfecting this software to give its users easy to use time and expense tracking and billing. Love their customer service team and I still remember some of the support engineers by name because they are still with the company.

Cons

My issue was with the licensing and recently they fixed that as well. Now you do not need to buy licenses in packs of 5.

Sheila from Caldwell & Company

Wonderful product and even more wonderful people to work with!!

My company has been using BillQuick Pro since 2008. It is an amazing product. What is extraordinary is the service from the customer & tech support teams who have helped us throughout the years to adapt and customize the product to our particular needs.

Pros

Most important to us is the ease and functionality of the product. This product is uncomplicated for our staff to use for time entry, yet it is full of all the processes and reports needed to evaluate the many aspects of our business. We appreciate the Custom Reports Department very much - we have been able to modify billing reports, invoice templates, and reports templates that allow us to get information quickly. A major Pro is the integration with QuickBooks - a major feature of BillQuick.

Diane from Silverman Construction Program Management, Inc.

Silverman CPM Review

We became a BillQuick Enterprise user in March 2011. From the start, we were impressed by the software and the BillQuick Team. Their assistance in the integration of the product was handled professionally. We were walked through every step and an explanation of the "why" was given to us by our Implementation Manager we had - Irfan Qazi. The program is intuitive and easy to use. To date, we have had our support requests handled by friendly, knowledgeable representatives. I learn every day there is more to the software than I knew of the day before. The software's time and expense is easy to use and all of our employees use it to report their time and expenses. The software makes preparation of monthly invoices to our clients easy and efficient.

Pros

Invoicing, time keeping, expense reporting, and job costing are areas that are extremely useful for our business.

Cons

I wish there were more training videos for each of BillQuick's areas that were available to show new employees that could train them to use the areas needed. Also advance training on the more complex areas of BillQuick. We need to be able to customize screens (labels) more.

Ace from Blue Star Integrative Studio Inc

Happy with support

The BillQuick support department is one of the better customer support groups of all the software people we deal with. And we are spread all over with apps. Keep it up.

Pros

We have been using BillQuick for 3 years now. Software is packed with features and the customer service is best out there..

Cons

Cannot think of anything

Michael from Municipal & Financial Services Group

BillQuick is a robust timekeeping and invoicing tool

Pros

BillQuick is a powerful timekeeping and invoicing program. We chose it as our preferred invoicing software as it provides the ability to customize client and project details.

Cons

The amount of options and customizations possible can also make the program difficult to navigate and master. I recommend utilizing customer support when needed.

Michele from Koukol & Johnson, LLC

We love BQE!

We have been using BillQuick for 10 years now and I would definitely say it has made our life easy. It is very easy to use and handles our time and expense tracking on matters and different invoicing needs very well. Although, we consider ourselves experts in the software but whenever we need any help their customer service is outstanding.

December 2015

Kevin from Global Resource Engineering

December 2015

It just doesn't work. Jeopardizes your company's financial livelihood.

Pros

Absolutely Nothing. Their software doesn't work yet they sell it as a "solution".

Cons

I have no confidence the software is doing what it should and always have to manually double check to make sure it's billing all time at the correct rates, and that it does the math properly. With the online version, you have no guarantee that your month end download contains all your data, and you may end up not billing critical time on your invoice. This cost us lost revenue with one of our clients. The desktop database (MS Access version) is unstable. We had the database get corrupted (become unusable) and lost a week worth of data. Besides becoming completely unusable, we have seen past data within the database change: hours being lost, rates being deleted, expenses being deleted, vendor hours being reallocated to another vendors bill, and others. There is no guarantee that past data within the database will remain accurate. Billquick is aware of these two major issues (online version not downloading the entire dataset, and the instability MS Access version) yet they continue to sell both of these products as "software solutions".

August 2016

Chris from The Comdyn Group, Inc.

August 2016

BillQuick is an outstanding business partner!

Pros

The people at BillQuick always respond promptly to any questions or problems we have with just the right solution for the particular issue. I have used the product since 1999 - BillQuick presents a new version each year from input BillQuick users submit during the year - then during the year they continually update the program as needed.

Cons

BillQuick has not partnered with any of the payroll companies as yet - that would have been helpful.

August 2016

Jordon from Mason & Stanfield, Inc.

August 2016

Love the flexibility of BillQuick! 15 years and counting...

Pros

By far the best customer service we have experienced. Strength of BillQuick is in its flexibility to customize the invoices and statements. We used to do everything including time billing and project management in Excel and send invoices using MS Word. After switching to BillQuick in 2001 we are able to keep track of our time on projects to the minute it is spent, it has helped us fill in the cracks which resulted in accurate and efficient billing.

Cons

Everything works great and the fact we have been with the software for 15 years is a testimonial

Becky from Monte R. Lee & Company

BillQuick has made our life so much easier when it comes to time and expense tracking / invoicing and billing

In the past we used an older version of a software product that did not give us all the reporting we needed. If we are in need of a special report we can call BillQuick and they can assist us in finding the correct version of a report that helps us identify the information we are looking for. We have yet had to order special report made for us. So far, BillQuick has all the special reports we need.

Pros

Ease of use with 30 people out in the field and able to use the version on their tablets, phones and laptops without having to be in the office to enter their time and expenses

Cons

The only problem we ever had was due to our problem - not BillQuick. Our IT lags behind sometimes in making sure everybody has updated to the newest version of BillQuick and Web Suite when it comes out.

Chris from Crew Engineers, Inc.

BillQuick is one of the most user friendly programs I have tried...

BillQuick is one of the most user friendly programs I have tried. It has taken me a few years to find a program to replace my old system. If something is posted incorrectly it is easy to correct the error, which was a big plus in determining which program I would use. The project managers are delighted to be able to see their projects progress with the click of their mouse. I can't wait to get the budget and allocation functions up and running.

Pros

Very user friendly and click of a button access to project progress

Cons

Cannot think of anything at this time

Cynthia from iValution

Great concept

Bill Quick online has definitely helped us improve our cash flow and our profitability. I would recommend it to other architects with a couple of caveats.

Pros

- Absolutely OUTSTANDING customer support team (trust me- I've worked with almost all of them; special kudos to the customer service. - Lots of options - Custom report feature is a big plus

Cons

- Really complex; definitely designed by engineers who included almost every variation imaginable - Still evolving on the accounting side

Tara from Calder Richards Consulting Engineers

BillQuick - Engineering in Utah

Over ten years ago we were researching all kinds of programs that were suitable for our industry to handle our billing. We found BillQuick to be the very best for ease of use, industry specific billing software. Then we were introduced to the staff of BillQuick. Very knowledgeable & always there to help with questions. It is so refreshing to always be able to talk to a human & in a very timely manner. Being part of the Gold Support program, I do not believe I have ever had to be on hold. Over the years there have been upgrades and although the power of what this program can do increases each time, the screens & steps have not changed all that much, so I don't feel like I have to relearn the program each time.

Pros

Ease of use is #1. The customer support is incredible! The staff are very knowledgeable & questions answered in a professional manner. If there is something I just can't figure out by a phone call, they take control of my machine & show step-by-step how to complete the task. The custom report department...seriously, is there not a report they can't figure out!

Cons

No cons in this house!

Ken from Sorge CPA & Business Advisors, S.C.

Wow...BillQuick well worth the investment.

So we have been using Timeslips for a long time. Good quality product. However, once we made the transition to BillQuick I am totally on board. Keep in mind that we made a huge up front investment. It was a leap of faith. I liked everything I was hearing, as did our team members. In the end we could not be more pleased with the results. Everyone from the sales team, trainers and tech support helped us with the transition. We have 40 licenses and not in 6 locations. While we are still only a couple of months into this we are starting to get a nice pay back. We have some distance yet to cover but we can see the path clearly now.

Pros

Lack of bugs in the software. Speed. Lower long-term cost of ownership.

Cons

In our situation we had an additional investment into SQL software based on the number of users and to assure high performance. This, plus alot in software and significant training made this a hard decision for us.

Ken from J3 Engineering Consultants, Inc.

Great Software

I have been using Billquick for a few years and it has proven to be a very robust and powerful software. Customer support will rise to the challenge when questions can't be answered in-house and their training and customization services are very helpful. I would recommend Billquick to anyone within the A&E industry in need of timekeeping, billing and accounting software.

Pros

Cons

When running a business, it is hard not to be critical of annual maintenance costs and individual seat costs. However, the annual maintenance costs are perhaps offset by a very efficient technical and customer support staff.

JASVIN from UNLV, NEVADA MS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

convenience to drive business

Bottomline is CORE makes it easier and effortless when it comes to manage project and keeping track of deliverable accounts, billable hours and expenses, viability of project and vision of it.

Pros

Compatible to all ios and android devices, which makes it convenient to operate, and monitor business effectively and efficiently from almost anywhere. Most enticing feature is the actionable insights for the business provides by CORE on your dashboard.

Cons

They have excellent products to offer to businesses and customer support services for the installation and errunds. They just need a market among competitors.

Bob from Bridge Gap Engineering

9 months into our migration to this new software and still not willing to cut the cord from our current accounting software

If you are a single division company the migration to this process may be an easier process. But for our seven division business, making the move to BQE has been nothing less than a nightmare. Way more time spent than I expected (which is compounded by the fact that it is time I don't have). The fact that BQE is California based, effects their customer support efforts to those on the east coast ...at least in my experience it has. Be sure to spend a lot of time testing the software before you buy...I made the mistake of buying it based on their sales communications (which you be offered a lot of deals and promotions of the bells and whistles the software has)..I find that it is not easy to use and have found that my clerical support flat out hate using versus our current, more intuitive accounting software.

Pros

It's easy to get sold on it's capabilities and functionality. Real time dashboards and remote access to timesheets via any electronic device are very nice touches.

Cons

Despite being told it would be an easy transition, it has not been the case. Software is not nearly as intuitive as current software (QB), for my needs had to buy a report writing software (SAP) which also requires training. First time through with data conversion on four of our company files, two came back incomplete and wrong, one came back with our project structure flipped upside down, and we never got back the fourth file which may be because it was for a Canadian entity and despite being told they know how to handle the tax issues faced in Canada, we did not have that confidence in them, and we have yet to see the first run through of the data conversion three months after uploading the file. Customer support is also not as responsive as I'd like and I would say working with them is just another negative issue

Barbara from Nicolini, Paradise, Ferretti & Sabella, PLLC

Great software with excellent technical support!

We have been using BillQuick for 5 years now. It definitely has made our time & expense tracking and billing easy. The fact that they have a feature rich LEDES export makes our electronic billing smooth. Technical support is very receptive and knowledgeable. Overall, we are extremely happy with billquick and highly recommend it.

Lisa from Water Concern, Ltd.

Outstanding Customer Service

I am a Gold Care technical support member and for someone like me who transitioned from an extremely out dated software, it is 100% worth paying to have this service. The software itself is fairly self explanatory, but when you need help in seeing the Big Picture, BQE tech support is there for you and they stick with you until you get it.

Pros

With regards to the accounting side of software, BQE having an accredited tax advisor is a Great help when transitioning from one software to another. I found this support extremely complimentary to the overall transition and knowing I can call and set up a GoToMeeting if need be - is another bonus

Cons

My team when it comes to Simple Time Cards using Websuite, wish that they could have the Project ID and Project Number both visible at the same time instead of having to choose one view over the other.

August 2016

Doris from Burnett & Young, Inc.

Simply Amazing and the best software I have ever used

Pros

I have been using BillQuick for over 10 years. I find their support to be very exceptional and there is no question they cannot answer. I love the fact employees can enter their time and expenses in their mobile app and attach expense receipts and this streamlines my billing and its very easy to use and crate batch invoices.

Cons

There is nothing I don't dislike about the software I like they extended their support hours.