• Pros

• "Great tool to collaborate with my team of around 10 people. Can create templates that save a lot of time."

• "Ease of use across many facets within the company. Fantastic customer support form Victor and Kat!"

• "I like how I can easily set dependencies between tasks and have my colleagues (or me) informed when a task is available for execution. Visual aspect is also clear to know where we are."

• Cons

• "Complex projects might be difficult to setup in Casual. Our projects have a good deal of detail and moving parts due to resource constraints, but in reality, they are not overly complex."

• "- A bit hard to understand basic functionalities - Some kind of stuffs is not intuitive - Ungrouping tasks is awful"

• "I use this tool for tasks management only and it has all the features I need to do that work. So I don't like anything least about this tool."

Browse Casual.PM Reviews

Katherine from Starfinder Foundation

Casual helps the Starfinder Foundation do what it does best - help Philly youth succeed

Starfinder Foundation is a nonprofit, sports-based youth development organization dedicated to inspiring young people from underserved communities to achieve success both on and off the field. Soccer is the hook: success in school, in the community, and in the pursuit of higher education is the goal. Founded in 2002, Starfinder was created to engage young people in great soccer programs that build their athletic skills while providing them with the kind of support – adult mentoring, health education, academic assistance, and leadership development – that helps them build a foundation for long-term success in their lives. Starfinder currently serves over 400 children and teens annually through after-school and summer programs at its facility in Manayunk and at community partner sites throughout the city. Starfinder was really in need of a tool to help us manage our marquee events (Starfinder Cup, Senior Leader Graduation and Cocktails with a Kick). As you can imagine, when you have a small staff (6 full-time employees) managing program and fundraising together means you have to be as efficient as you can when big events are added to the mix. Casual allows us to visually scope out our event management, add timelines, and assign responsibilities. The emails that automatically update staff every day on the critical tasks and dates that are looming, makes it easy to integrate our everyday work on behalf of kids with the project work needed to execute a successful event as well.

Pros

The charm of the product is its simplicity and intuitive easy-to-use, easy-to-figure-out interface. Starfinder needed a tool that everyone could use and understand organically, while also providing us with the robustness of features that would make teamwork and collaboration possible; such as, easy to download project plans, task notifications via email, and the ability to visualize the project as a visual mapping.

Jennifer Ann from University

Casual is for Academic Research Teams, too!

Pros

Casual is perfect for academic research teams needing to coordinate complex projects with multiple streams of activity and deadlines, but without the extensive project management resources of a corporate team. The interface is clean and crisp, very easy to navigate, and effective. Having a tool that works for you rather than the other way around frees up the research team to do what it does best ;-)

Cons

I am looking forward to a few more features that I think would be helpful and are in the pipeline- for example, the ability to PDF the workflows captured in groups would be really helpful (currently I just copy and paste those into a top level project as a workaround, but the functionality would be nice) :-)

David from Hyperloop One

A simple project tracking app

I'm using Casual to track my tasks for multiple projects. I'm the only user. I like how easily and visually I could set the task dependencies. It really helps me flushing out the course of actions. Many other scheduling apps do this but nowhere to the extent as clean and intuitive as Casual.

Anthony from Met Film School

Casual PM - Project Management At It's Most Finest

I've been looking for a product management solution that would integrate within my workflow for sometime. All of them lacked something or the other. Casual has everything and more. Also, because I need to check certain things when away from my computer, the iOS app makes Casual stand out from the crowd, as it allows an instant check to be done, without having to spend the time logging into a non-optimised web app. This has now transformed my working life. I'm much more productive than before, am able to send workflow's and deadlines to collaborators in an easily digestible flow diagram form, and now genuinely have a competitive advantage.

Pros

Ease of use, iOS App, ability to generate flow diagram PDF's and url's on the fly, regular updates.

Cons

Customer service could be more responsive to direct enquiries and requests. Even if the answer is no.

celine from Purkinje

Easy to use and great for team work

Pros

Cons

Removing dependencies (arrows) in Chrome doesn't work very well. I have to work in Firefox to do so. I don't use dead-lines, I would rather have a duration to set for each task. Multi-selection works very bad, I would like to be able to draw a rectangle around tasks to select them all

Martijn from Gemeente Zonhoven

Great project management tool!

Pros

The way task dependencies are made visual makes it really easy to communicate with others on the project progress and keep the project flow going. Bottlenecks and potential threats to the project are easily spotted so they can be avoided or mitigated in time. Also a great feature is to be able to use a previous project and clone it for a next project. This makes it easy to create generic project roadmaps and quickly build up a new similar project. The app/website is still under active development so there is active follow-up on bugs and new features still coming. Kudos to the support team! Quick feedback every time.

Mike

Useful, Intuitive App

My company (property management) uses Casual to track many of its common admin tasks. It keeps processes on-task and allows me to monitor activity and status. I recommend it.

Don from Market Research

One month in

Pros

The unique approach is amazing for a business like mine that completes very similar projects repeatedly for different clients. It ticks off a bunch of features that have been on my "wish list" for a team task manager for a long time. In fact, when I found Casual I was in the process of programming one just for our company because none that we have tried had all the features we wanted. But now we're going all in with Casual for managing project tasks across a team. It's super easy to use - much less of a learning curve than Slack, Trello or Asana.

Cons

I wish it had more integration options, such as IFTTT or Zapier (IFTTT would be better). It may not be the right choice for a business where every project is completely different.

Edward W.

Great project management software for collaboratoin

Pros

Cons

Can be slow to load and have to log out and log in to fix. No undo feature. Would be nice to have more options when designing projects

Joseph from Bongiovi Acoustics

Industry: Research

Causal.pm is wonderful!

My team at Bongiovi Acoustics and Medical use Casual.pm because of it's ease of use. We're a unique team that needs to bridge the gap between business, creative, and engineering.

Pros

Cons

Android and iOS apps are limited.

Gourav from FATbit Technologies

This tool is very helpful when you are working with multiple teams.

It helps in managing my offshore team.

Pros

The best thing I like is the layout for tasks. You can set a start date and end date and also assign an executor to a task. It helps you to manage tasks between small teams. You can also change the status once a step has been completed. I use this tool for tasks management only and it has all the features which are required to manage the tasks. It is very helpful when you are with offshore teams.

Cons

I am totally satisfied with the performance of the system. I liked it very much. No cons from my side.

Claudia from Purkinje Inc.

Used in projects that required many task to be perfomed by many ressources following an strict order

It helped us get organized and make sure we didn't forget a step of the process.

Pros

that we can plan in advance the sequence of tasks to be done and that all ressources receive email notifications when the tasks are completed

Cons

that we are not informed when the perso that is responsible to execute a task starts working on it, we are only notified when it's completed

Hannable from Fred Smith Company

Helpful for me (I'm not very organized)

Very good for helping me stay on track - have recommended to many people.

Pros

I was looking a free to low cost tool to help me visually track progress on some work related issues. I quickly liked how easy to manipulate and adjust the project pages were. Bought a 10 user subscription, and have added some coworkers into the fray. Really good product.

Cons

I do not like visually ow the cells appear when being used a group - There may be a way to enhance their appearance and I have not figured it out yet, but if not, that.s a tweak I'd enjoy seeing. As it is its "bland".

David from ASCC

Love the name "Casual PM" This is great software for Project tracking.

This software shows the tasks in a list view or a graphical view. I think this is a powerful tool to help different people stay on the same page.

Pros

I really like the way this software has the graphical view for task tracking. It is a "mindmap" view and very visual. This really helps in see where thing are. It also includes the "list view". It is a simple feature but packs power. I really like the flexibility of switch views. I also like the fact that this software has a mobile app.

Cons

This software does not have a module r portion for risk tracking or risk management. that would be helpful.

Simple Project Management

We were looking for a simple way to track the workflows in our projects without the massive overhead many software solutions currently have. This application fits our need perfectly. While it does not have all the bells and whistles you may find in other apps, in this case, it is exactly what you may be looking for.

Pros

Simple interface Easy to integrate with multiple users Near zero learning curve Inexpensive

Cons

Lacks detailed reporting (although some is available after speaking with support)

Nikolas from computer games

I very much prefer this tool over Trello and many other task tracking software

Pros

The ease of use and the simplicity in creating and managing tasks is incredible. Plus being able to visualize all tasks together and see with such clarity what the dependencies are and how far you've come really sold it for me.

Cons

The lack of an indefinite free tier I found a bit disappointing but understandable. Other software out there like Trello have a great free offering and they are trying to solve the same problems. In the end it was worth it for me to buy the software however.

Kaushal from AblySoft

It is very helpful when you are managing tasks between multiple teams.

Pros

The best thing I like is graphic layout of tasks. You can assign an executor and also set start date and end date This is the best tool to manage tasks between small teams. I have never seen this kind of graphic layout for tasks management and that part makes it unique from other tools.

Cons

kang kyu from Social commerce company

The Power of visualization

Pros

Whatever you do, Casual.pm can visualize your projects,tasks,flows.. It is huge advantage when you manage multiple projects. Multiple projects can be easily massed without proper tool. Casual.pm is great for managing and organizing multiple project with your colleague. Also, Casual.app doesn't demand steep learning curve.

Cons

Need more formatting functions(bold or coloring box). Casual.pm respond me they will soon delivery formatting functions.

Dmitry from Competera

Great alternative to expensive over-featured solutions

We at Competera using this tool Daily. Generally for new client activation and onboarding. The team of ten is currently involved in those two processes. The roles available help to assign users and control the processes. The application is extremely user-friendly and easy to set up. Some subprocesses have been completely moved from other software, thus full cycle process now available for tracking in Casual. However, inside metrics and statistics highly demanded =) Wish you guys prosperity!

Leon from Columbia Space Initiative

Industry: Defense & Space

Great workflow organizer

I'm using casual for an aerospace design challenge with a team of 15 engineers. As a very visual person, I find the process of organizing tasks and being able to view the workflow in its entirety to be very useful and intuitive. I'm able to easily assign tasks to members and they can see deadlines, description of the task, etc. The only complaint I have is that it could be easier to create subtasks. I would expect to be able to create a task and drag tasks into it to create sub-tasks of the parent task. Instead, I need to create the subtasks first and then group them to make the parent task. It's not a huge hassle but I'd like to see the other method implemented if possible.

Pros

Easy to use Visual workflow Can push deadlines to google calendar Upload files to project

Cons

A bit troublesome to make sub-tasks

Ken

Great Visual Project Planner!

Unlike the competition, Casual.pm is visual-first. You can see your project at a glance, and make changes quickly and easily. I love that I can snapshot the project and share a link with clients.

Elizabeth from Southside Plumbing

I used the trial, let it go, then I really missed it.

Super friendly folks.

Pros

I love how it lays out everything visually and I can manipulate it so easily. I used to like to draw flow charts by hand, but this lets me save erasers and time.

Cons

The app does none of the awesome stuff the website does, but it is usually a much smaller space.

Cheryl-Lynn from Now Bookkeeping Services

Great App for staying on task

Pros

Great way to stay on task. Lays everything out so it's easy to see what is top, medium and low priority. Easy to set up too which is great.

Cons

1. Cannot copy entire projects easily. 2. Color coding of projects would be nice so you can tell who the tasks belong to at a glance.

easy for small company

Pros

easy and visual, user friendly for non IT experts or native English speakers Tutorial is also easy to follow.

Cons

some of the tutorial steps do not appear on screen and takes awhile to figure it out, tutorial might be from last version but we installed new version perhaps.

Daniel from Construtiva Internet Software

This is an amazing app

Pros

- Visual tasks and hierarchy setting up - Support team - Cooperation - Reminder by email and visually

Kachina

This is the best project management software for my business (high-value software consulting)

I've tried all forms of project management software, but as a solo entrepreneur, their enterprise layout and focus means the form and function don't meet my needs. But that's not all, with Casual I can document processes with notes to pass on to my assistant or to contracting staff, allowing me to have a detailed record of how my company functions. I'm looking forward to handing off to my client's complete roadmaps of how we built their product, and how they can market and monetize. For someone who doesn't want to be overseen by a 'boss' even if that boss is myself, I'm excited to have a creative and flexible service that inspires me to keep creating and keep organized.

Charles

Visually appealing, but nothing new

My overall experience with Casual was okay. For the short amount of time I was able to use, it was an effective project management tool.

Pros

To be very honest, I liked the software because it was new and visually appealing, however, I didn't find anything intuitive about it that would make me stop using any of the platforms I use now. I only got on board because a friend of mine stumbled across.

Cons

I don't have any major cons since I haven't used Casual to its fullest extent. I would recommend to someone who is looking for something different to use.

Ruchi from Roadpin Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Perfect tool for process management

Overall experience is very good!

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is the layout for tasks and you can easily set a start date and end date along with assigning an executor to a task. You can also change the status once a step has been completed. In this way you can tack things as well.

Cons

I found all the options which I need to manage the processes.

CHEK

Timothy from TenCate Protective Fabrics Americas

Industry: Textiles

Pavlo from Self-Employed

Mikhail from ARPA Real Estate

Very Useful App

I like the visual nature of the app. It helps me stay on top of my most important projects and helps me manage the workflow when I have others assisting on a project

Pros

visual, great for time & project management, affordable

Cons

A few items could be a little more intuitive.

Noah from Range Digital Marketing