• Pros

• "Easy to use and you can customize without limits!"

• "Easy to use and well adapted to our way of planning"

• "Love the navigation and the ability to manage and track our team and client relationships"

• Cons

• "With each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly."

• "There is nothing like Cons in celoxis, it is just a bit costly that's the only point except this everything is great."

• "The software lacks a dark theme mode but that can always be changed in the future. It takes a little bit of playing around to get used to all the features."

Browse Celoxis Reviews

Kavita from KPCSC

Industry: Civil Engineering

A Great Tool For Small Team of Independent Consultants

Our overall experience with Celoxis has been on the positive side. The tool has helped us keep all our projects on track and collaborate within the team. The price and value is exceptional, especially for a small team like us. We don't use much of the resource management or other features of the tool, just keeping our projects on a strict timeline and tracking efforts towards various activities.

Pros

1. Web-based Interface 2. Mobile Access 3. Project Gantt Chart and Timelines 4. Alerts and Notifications 5. Time Tracking 6. Ease of Use

Cons

The interface is a bit heavy for a small team like us. I wish I could easily turn off a lot of features that I currently don't use. Yes, there is a way I can turn off costing and billing and other portfolio features, but even after that, I still feel the app needs to have a more light-weighted look and feel.

Susan from Horizant Inc

Great software for project oriented firms that invoice for services

Very positive. We are just rolling it out now to all our staff, and we're really looking forward to gaining the real benefits.

Pros

Celoxis is a powerful project management software that is replacing MS Project in our organization, allowing us to get a portfolio view of many projects managed by multiple PMs. But best of all, our resources can enter their timesheets within Celoxis. This allows us to eliminate one piece of software and run analytics to learn about our performance and drive improvements.

Cons

It was tricky to setup. We needed the help of Celoxis to get the roles and access permissions setup correctly. The help guide was not comprehensive enough in this area to do it yourself.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Viewing multiple projects at once and entering time-sheet data in the project tasks. Plan Vs Actual at the granular level.

Sarah from FrameWorks Institute

Industry: Research

Celoxis is great

Customer Service is excellent-- they are super helpful and work with you to talk through solutions to your problems or workarounds until they deploy new features!

Pros

Once you are trained, it is very easy to learn the rest of the software! It helps us stay organized and keep track of our projects across all teams.

Cons

I wish the timesheet options were more customizable and that fewer clicks were needed to get things done sometimes.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

It seemed to be more flexible than other options, which is what we needed.

James from Consilium Technology Pty Ltd

Try something else first

Fighting with it to do regular project activities.

Pros

Gantt view is useful, calculations generally work

Cons

Difficult to use, most commonly used features are hard to find, effectively an opinionated spreadsheet.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

I think price, I wasn't involved at the time. But replicon was much easier for non-managers to use.

Makro from Ecoplan d.o.o.

Industry: Civil Engineering

This software could change your company

We can fully recommend this software for project management, but be aware that this is only a tool. Company has to change it's mindset to project organization in order to implement it successfully.

Pros

As centralized server solution, this software enables us to plan, manage and control whole portfolio and every project individually. As comprehensive solution this software is used by our employees, management, associates and clients. Everybody can see state of their projects/tasks with one click on their mobile phones or computers.

Cons

Software could be better with improvements in cashflow department of the project. Also as project is set of activities performed by all Project participants, it could be helpful to implement Client tasks and other stakeholders tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

We probably evaluated 50 alternatives, abovementioned are only few major candidates, but only Microsoft project (server edition), Genius Project and Celoxis satisfied fully our needs. After evaluation, we decided to go with Celoxis as it was best tailored to our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

As organization we've outgrown software that we used. Our old software enabled us only to record hours on specific projects and not to tasks. this was our only option. This can give you information on project costs, but you can not collaborate through comprehensive solution as fully featured PM software.

Dan from Clear Water Revival

Good Project management software

Very good at project planning timelines and financial planning of income and expenditure

Pros

Gantt charts and financials work well, we don't really use the resource and workload functions but they are good. Significant upgrade over Wrike for cost tracking and forecasting

Cons

Uploads in CSV are ok but added functionality here would be good

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Helpful onboarding and customer service, better functionality for our needs

Cost and Functionality

Consolidated Project management for Consulting and Solutions firm

It is very good, from my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] perspective and PMO, it is fantastic to have the whole information of our projects online and with consolidated resources reports and the Gantt is very nice, much better than Microsoft Project.

Pros

Easy of use of the Gantt and Work Load, even if some other things are not really UX friendly or intuitive...

Cons

Sometimes is not clear how to perform some tasks, Customer service is very straight and I feel they do not listen to the customer needs on specific issues, then they reply very plain.

Work Load functionality and Gantt

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

We needed to see the Work Load of all resources in all projects at the same time in a friendly manner. This is the only solution that make it happen as far as I know.

Jason from Ceres Solutions

Industry: Oil & Energy

Celoxis is a leader in Project Management software

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive and customizable dashboards for differing rolls

Cons

I prefer to be able to add sub-tasks from Kanban board but Celoxis limits this to Gannt view

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

We needed a more robust, project management solution that was not simply focused on task management

Ron from Storck

Industry: Food Production

Easy Project Management Tool

Overall a good experience and we have decided to expand our license base to include other departments.

Pros

Simplicity of installation and administration. Was able to roll out to entire departments in minutes. Users (non-technical) adapted to the tool rapidly.

Cons

Some features that exist in other tools are lacking or not as full featured. But it is an acceptable trade-off for less technical users.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Ease of use and recommendations by peers

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Project was too expensive and complicated for non-tech users.

Stacie from Snow Software

Celoxis is a robust platform with a stellar support team.

Pros

Celoxis meets expectations for project management in the software delivery industry. We are able to leverage Celoxis globally to track our implementation projects. We track our financials, resource assignments, and % complete in this tool. Celoxis has a great reporting structure and flexibility in creating your own custom fields. When the tool does not have the exact feature I need, I have been able to work with Celoxis training to find an out of the box solution or submit a feature request with surprising success in having them delivered. Celoxis often has more functionality than my teams are ready to adopt and I find that the operational issues have more to do with people and process (not tool). I especially like the flexibility of the client log in feature and the customization of what each person can see in their own dashboards. I really love that it can serve as the one central repository for project updates. We have been using Celoxis for a little over three years and are quite happy with it. Within a few months it will be our global standard.

Cons

Celoxis is a standalone software that needs to be integrated with our Salesforce environment, therefore, it has taken some additional investment on our part to automatically trigger projects at closed/won state and feed the data into our financial systems. Celoxis is also real time data so there is no back button if you delete something or the ability to restore a previous version. Since I am using this tool globally I would like to see more workspace segmented admin features to control what is seen by each region throughout all reports and tasks. Additionally, we have had to perform a few workarounds to get full billable and non-billable resource load charts in the tool. Since many people go to outlook to see if a resource is available, the current Celoxis Outlook integration (a separate calendar) is not sufficient for blocking off the resource from being scheduled for other things. I suggest the following improvements - Direct Outlook Calendar integration that blocks off scheduled time so people in the business can see that the resource is not available and actively working on a project. (currently we book time in Celoxis and Outlook - double entry) - Non-Project Time viewed exactly the same as billable time from projects in the resource load charts including the time code and % allocation - Administration features for further segmentation or archiving of the data - Data restoring options including restoration of deleted objects restoring to a previous day

Donald from The Contract Coach

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great Tool for P{project Collaboration

My Celoxis implementation is self hosted. That was a bit of a learning curve for me personally but the Tech support staff was pretty helpful in pointing me to the right solutions. Now that the system is up and running it is very stable. My principle issues were not with the core Celoxis application as much as the host system configuration such as installing SSL and positioning the system properly behind my firewall. It took cooperation among a number of vendors but I now have a robust application on a rock steady platform (Windows Server 2019) protected by a top-tier security system (SOPHOS). It was with the effort!

Pros

Celoxis allows integration of planned work hours and resources with time card inputs to allow an integrated management solution that permits tracking of Planed vs. Actual labor hours and costs. Definitely a much tighter integration than I found in MS Project. However - and this is important to my clients - the ability to bidirectionally share data with Project is a significant plus as many of my clients rely on Project. Finally, I use Celoxis for multiple clients and the workspaces functionality allows me the ability to securely partition clients into their own environment thus permitting multiple clients to share the basic installation.

Cons

There is a learning curve to climb - especially in the reporting function and I am still learning how to use the many features of the product. I would like to see more You Tube videos on how to perform advanced functions - especially with cost and resource reporting for users.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Self Hosting was a deciding factor - but price was also a key concern. Also Celoxis offers more functionality when it comes to things like time card input (and export to QuickBooks) and it seamlessly imports and exports to MS Project - a big plus because I have a number of analysis tools that I rely on that are Project Specific.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

I wanted a system that supported collaboration by team members on a shared version of the schedule that also supported other collaboration tools such as file sharing. The other key requirement was I wanted a self-hosted system since my clients are very sensitive about where the servers are located and being able to self host ensured that I controlled what server was hosting and where that server was located. In this case the server is in my office space where I 100% control every aspect of its configuration and security.

A great full-featured project management tool

Pros

Celoxis checks all the boxes for engineering project management for me. Prior to Celoxis, we used Microsoft Project: Celoxis incorporates the advanced features of Project in cloud-based tool that provides team collaboration and scheduling that we could not get with Project or most other cloud-based scheduling tools.

Cons

With great options can come a great (big) learning curve: there are so many features in Celoxis, setting up individuals, teams, groups, and roles is critical for a successful launch, and this can be a bit daunting at first glance. However, the Celoxis team did a great job pre-sales of walking us through the tool and it's features, as well as scheduling training for our team post-sales to get up and running in the tool.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

While some of the alternative products may have been on par with Celoxis in both price point and feature set, Celoxis that their team presented the best solution and on-boarding experience, and we felt Celoxis would be our fastest way to get up-and-running with the project management capability we needed.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Our prior tool did not understand resource management and loading, and had no plans to add those features. It also did not support advanced predecessor conditions (T+/- the start or finish of other tasks, etc.) This caused us to use Microsoft Project to get an accurate schedule, then manually enter the project (or project updates) in the cloud-based tool, for collaboration and tracking. This was just too cumbersome.

Aleksander from Wurkhouse

Powerful, flexible platform with UX problems

Generally, and for a company of our size Celoxis was the best choice due to the varied work models we service. The ability to both work in hourly and fixed price models is a unique requirement and other platforms struggle to make it work.

Pros

The standout feature is the flexibility of Celoxis which allows for a great deal of optional customisation. For example, custom formula fields let us do basic and complex math that can be displayed in reports and on projects. When comparing it to other solutions it does sport a few unique features not found in competitor products. Chiefly among them would be the semi intelligent schedule and budget prediction feature which gives a quick way to assess project status.

Cons

The biggest issue is the UX/UI which has a bit of a learning curve and needs a strict process to utilize all areas effectively. The system seems to have some legacy features that make functionality redundant. An example would be 4 different ways to enter time into time-sheets in the UI, or 2 separate comment features that are nested into each other for no reason. Some very simple and common features, like checklists in tasks, seem to also be absent. While not difficult to work with, the usage-paths for all the functions have not been thoroughly tested it seems.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Superior value for money in features at this size of company compared to the competition.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Insufficient scheduling and reporting options and hard to work UI/UX

Kapil from appsFreedom

Easy Project Management

Pros

- ease of use - feature rich for project management - external users and client login option for client view - integrations with salesforce and rest api for other apps if required - integrated time entry and approval - single-sign-on capability with various IDP's

Cons

- mobility options are limited - client cannot be assigned tasks in the Project

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

above mentioned features as well as pricing was an all out win for us

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Ease of use and availability of integrated time entry and approval with project/task management.

Whitney from Lachina Creative

Easy to use product hits all the top needs

Overall, Celoxis has really helped our business streamline processes and reporting. Time and task tracking is easier and more transparent to project managers and clients, and reporting is much less time intensive than our previous methods. I have been very pleased with the software and the customer service each time an issue is raised.

Pros

I like that the interface is very user friendly. I also like that the reports are customizable. We have been able to integrate a lot of reporting into Celoxis that was previously done using Excel or a similar program. Celoxis is able to collect all of our data and organize it effectively, thus ensuring we don't have to go to a lot of extra work to manipulate the data into the reports we want to see.

Cons

The new interface isn't as useful for me as the previous one. It works better for my resources, but as an admin, it seems less friendly than before. Namely, the drop downs and options available under Reports and other areas are not as customizable. I liked having my full list of starred reports available previously, whereas now I find myself accessing the full 'All Reports' page more frequently to navigate. I mainly use reports in the system to it was more convenient to have only my preferred ones all listed in one place.

Marc from Forward Industries

Flexible software for project management and team efforts management

The software could be very well adapted to our specific company structure and workflow (we manufacture soft goods in China). We could customize a large part of it so it would be matching exactly what we needed. Also it made it relatively easy to manage the many projects (between 30 and 50) with a team working in different locations.

Pros

Customizable screens (they call it widgets) that could be applied to teams/groups or individuals. It made everyone rather happy as they could make it their own.

Cons

We didn't use the any of the tools to tracks costs and financials, and it sometimes was creating confusion (we asked the Celoxis dev. team if we could fully remove this from our platform)

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

adaptability to our workflow.

Anshu from Wolfram Research, Inc.

Excellent in many, many ways although with some shortcomings

Celoxis is a great PMS, without any doubt. I like that they keep the lists and reports simple but powerful. It is nimble because it uses text rather than too much of graphics effects etc. You can generate a wide variety of reports. Comes with free client portals which my clients love. It has a very powerful feature where you can define your own app with it's own workflow, custom fields etc. It has a trigger mechanism as well to change states of apps when responses are received, which is very, very useful. I have created as many as 8 apps for incoming opportunities, defining a request tracker system, payments, contracts etc. etc. That is extremely useful to organize everything around a Project. It has shortcomings in communications area like not having an email editor at all and you can write (through commenting) to only one client (one person) from within the app etc. You get all this for a very low price unlike Salesforce etc., that's a deal!

Pros

Fast, customizable, no-nonsense interface, wide variety of reports, custom apps

Cons

Weak in communication tools, does not have an email editor, only notifications can be sent out through commenting in apps, can't attach files to those or send to multiple client officials. Discussions at Project level allow those but not at app level.

Denzil Jr from NKI Shenzhen

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Celoxis Flexibility brings our company into the next level!

In addition to its great project management feature, celoxis have a powerful flexibility on creating custom app where you can tweak custom formula and create a processes that will give amazing benefits on data management and very useful reports and tracker that help us track our on time delivery and improve our team work at same time by work collaboration. in 4-6 months of using celoxis and developing some custom apps, we've brought our overall on time delivery from 40% - 80% that results to successful projects and happy customer. By developing custom apps from our QA inspection registries, we've save a lot of time spend on doing reports, eliminate unnecessary meetings and manage our data effectively. In couple of weeks we're working to upgrade our account from cloud to on promise and we're very excited on the next breakthroughs we can achieve together with celoxis as our partner.

Pros

In addition to its amazing project management feature, I love the flexibility that we can create a custom app and tweak the custom fields to automate formulas, processes and creates necessary report we need.

Cons

Limitation on graph feature but I think that the capability is enough for our needs. However, we're looking forward if Celoxis can add more features that could help us get use the most of it.

Jorge Ruben from Mexis

Latest release made Celoxis even more valuable

After almost 2 years using it, it has only become better. I am the person most involved with Celoxis in the company, I do all the API integrations, and have done most of the dashboards and report customizations. I am very satisfied with how Celoxis has improved over time, and I am eager to see what it becomes in the future. I have also work a little with workflows, getting a lot of value from them, although I haven't got the time to do as much as I'd like. I reccomend Celoxis 100%. Before choosing it, I evaluated about 15 different platforms, in the end, the technical evaluation was very clear, Celoxis was the only viable option, unless I wanted to spend 10 or 15 times more money on something else.

Pros

No doubt, I have 2 favorite features: everything related to the Gantt View, which is extremely customizable, and now suporting different baselines; and the REST API, which is a lot better documented than when I started using it. Also, not a feature about the software, but as important, Customer Support is excelent.

Cons

So far, Celoxis hasn't turned into proper program and portfolio management.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

The technical evaluation matrix show Celoxis was more tan 50% better suited for our needs than the closest option.

Great PM tool especially for digital projects

Pros

As well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency. I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats. The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre. On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.

Darren from GCC

Celoxis for project Portfolio Management

We were looked after during pre purchase, demo'd to without any pressure to purchase Support is incredibly quick and useful

Pros

It was easy to set up and configurable to our needs Liked that % complete could be independent from time logged Great scheduling and resourcing Client portal easy to use and gives us exactly what we needed

Cons

Would be good if we could add a custom field to a discussion for sorting purposes and also control the notifications that go to customers. Suggested both to Celoxis and they have added as a feature request

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

We looked at lots of alternatives as we have very specific needs. Celoxis was the only one that met them all

Ryan from Cleveland Clinic

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Project Management Tool

We have used Celoxis for nearly 6 years and it has continued to be improved and polished. We use it for primarily for project management, time-tracking, expense tracking, and some of our workflow processes. Celoxis personnel have always been very good about helping through upgrades and other technical questions. While there is a little bit of a learning curve, I would highly recommend this tool as a lower cost, yet fuller featured product in comparison to Microsoft Project, which still seems to be tool of choice for most PM's.

Pros

Web based tool, Gantt Charting feature, custom workflow creation, scales well (we have a lot of projects in there).

Cons

Can be a little laggy at times (we host our own server, so that could be part of it). Interface changes have been confusing at times. For the custom workflows, it would be better to have a graphical representation (i.e. flowchart format).

Devendra from Altura Consulting Pvt. Ltd.

Limit on Virtual Users and Client Assignment to Tasks

Pros

Contains almost all basic and some advanced features a Project Management Tool needs to have.

Cons

The biggest 2 drawbacks are 1. Tasks in a project cannot be assigned to clients. To achieve this very standard and normal requirement, clients are needed to be created as users as well. 2. Limiting the number of virtual users to a certain number. Typical Project Management Tools are primarily driven by Project/Program Managers. Project Schedules are updated by them and normally the human resources on the project are not authorized to update the task status and %age of completion to ensure completeness and accuracy of the project schedule. Multiple resources updating the project schedule means we are planning for failure. So, typical licensed users would be PMs while the entire project team resources would be virtual users. In the system, effectively they are just another field in a task record of the system just like maybe the Start Date, Finish Date, Task Name, Task ID, Predecessor, Duration, etc. etc. Usability of the Celoxis system for PMs reduces if they are unable to have all their human resources in the system and making the entire tool ineffective.

Client Reporting and Access

Eduardo from EclecticIQ

Lack of graphics

Overall experience is good. It's a very useful tool with a lack of some subjects mentioned above. Celoxis is being used every day as a way of track and control projects, it does the job.

Pros

Easy to keep control of a project, easy to personalise items and easy to share a project/information among the organisation.

Cons

The lack of graphics and reports options. Graphics and reports customisation is everything nowadays. Users should be capable to customise the projects reports and have the possibility to see project/status evolution within a time frame. The graphics are limited as well, the way we show information sometimes is more important than the information itself. This subject should be also improved. The way how we share the project with external users should be also improved: add external watchers and export the project Gantt. (It isn't possible to share project status, for example).

Beth from Data Communication Solutions, Inc.

Great Software for IT Projects

Overall, the product is stable and reliable. I only had one issue after an update a little over a year ago, where I had entered my time on my mobile device, and I had found that it wasn't there when I had logged onto my desktop version.

Pros

The great part of this software is the ability to update information in the Gantt chart as needed. It also gives you accurate percentage of project tasks per user and accurate percentages in what has been completed against the project deadline, which is very useful in Technical Services.

Cons

I still wish that once a task or project status is "completed", the timers would be deleted as well. In our company, we have many projects with many tasks, thus one can have multiple timers, and that adds up! It can take (waste) much time in deleting timers, so having the timers "go away" when a task is completed would be very useful.

Hemant from Microdea

Software reveiw

we use Celoxis to manage multiple projects. our accounting team use this for service billing and its very easy to use and integrated with our accounting system

Pros

Product is very easy to use and it get integrated with other tools that we use (Salesforce, Zendask etc…)

Cons

Time logging and resource planning is not automated.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

easy project wasn't easy to use and had no reporting

Prateek from Ampcus Inc

Industry: Information Services

Celoxis - A customized and organized view of projects and details that matter to you!

The highly customized dashboard with different views are great. There is various data you can add to to your dashboard, projects, reports etc. to tailor your view to what matters most to you. Time tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.

Pros

Cons

The interface. The design could be nicer, it's a bit overwhelming at times. Also, bug/ issue tracking is not the greatest. It would be nice if it worked more like Jira or if the platform could connect with Jira.

Response from Celoxis Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hello Prateek, Thank you for your review. Our timesheets display an "unsaved data" warning when you try to close them or navigate away before saving or submitting your changes. We are also working on further improving timesheets. We will take in your inputs and suggestions. We are also working on improving integrations such as with Jira. Thanks again for your comments!

Trystan from Website Angels

Celoxis may be one the best project management software suits out there

Pros

Celoxis offers all the features you would want to manage projects and more. I am a fan of the in-app timer that allows you to easily track time against each task. At the end of the month, you can easily see how much time and money has been spent with a quick glimpse and without the need to calculate everything yourself.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Monday lacked many of the features that Celoxis offers. Celoxis is just a better feature-rich project management solution in comparison.

Fiona from Oxley Developments Ltd

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great S/W for customisation

I've seen some massive improvements between v10 and v11 and really impressed with the additional functionality, think this is a fast growing platform that a lot of companies should use.

Pros

The ease that it can set up and customised, the custom fields are great and means you can tailor it to any industry or type of project. The reports are easy to adapt and the financials can be set up for multiple kinds of project management, with timelogging it means you can move away from multiple s/w. The support team are very responsive and helpful and development keeps introducing new features from feedback. I've set this up for 3 different companies now with good success.

Cons

Only con is copy and paste is a bit different from ms project but same as most web based s/w and quickly get used to it.

Misha from SweetRush Inc.

Project Management, Performance and Reporting!

here are many great things about Celoxis, but to me the following stand out above all 1) Thorough replication of MS Project functionality. Most competitors take simplistic approach to project plans, but for us this was not an option as out project plans initiated in MS Project are extremely detailed. The fact that Celoxis handles all the data and does it with ease was the number one reason we chose this tool. 2) Performance Our largest project Plan to date has 5000 lines - more than enough to make other tools choke. Not so with Celoxis. Performance is adequate, and they improve it from version to version. In the beginning I was concerned that the project managers will be slowed down when working with Celoxis project plans, comparing to their workflow in MS Project, but all these concerns disappeared very quickly. This is a very fast tool indeed; especially considering all the data it crunches. 3) Reporting No surprise there as anyone who tries Celoxis comments on its Reporting capabilities. These are second to none. Essentially - almost everything in Celoxis is a report, and you can include in these reports any objects that exist in the system - users, clients, projects, tasks, documents, discussions, assignments, and the multiple attributes of those objects. All reports are sortable, filterable, and configurable for the personalized view. Charts are interactive. Object names are clickable, allowing for the quick access of any object listed in the report. Note on the performance: I have to add that the latest version v10.5 was the first one since I started using the system where performance went down. It is still good, but more of our project managers started noticing the lag when they use large project plans. Now, unless you have a super fast machine that can handle heavy client-side javascript with ease, you may have issues. I sincerely hope that this is going to be addressed in the future versions, and that the system will keep improving, as it was before v10.5. Truly, when performance lags, no awesome features can make up for its absence.

Rebecca from OPTIS Consulting

Review- Celoxis

My overall experience has been good, the software meets my needs as a project manager.

Pros

The reporting functions are good and very flexible, extremely easy to use and create new reports. I like the ease of creating a project, adding tasks and moving them into different areas of the project - extremely simple and straight forward. Copying from other projects function is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was an option to remove resources when copying over project tasks. If I don't have the same resources on my new project this is time consuming to remove each one. Still confused about how CPI is calculated in regards to the time billed to each task vs. overall budget. This may be a training issue for myself.

July 2015

Erin from Schweggmanns

July 2015

Celoxis saved us a ton of time and helped us be more productive!!

Pros

Celoxis saves us a ton of time. It gives us an easy way to report information and helps us make better decisions about the projects and their budgets. Prior to using Celoxis, our reporting was a manual and time-consuming process. Reporting required our managers to explicitly reach out to team members and other stakeholders, gather information, then document it. There was no timely communication and we’ve had to always scramble to meet our ‘go-live’ schedules. Now that everything is standardized and real-time, our managers are easily on top of open issues and can see when projects risk slippage. We can create KPI reports and dashboards for our management to keep them up to-date on the progress.

Cons

Their salesperson was a little slow to respond initially, but he was able to help me with a demo of the product and answer some of my initial queries about pricing and licensing. I felt the initial connect for a vendor was somehow missing, but with a fantastic tool that helped us achieve where we are today, I am certainly willing to discount that part for now.

Venugopal from Professional Services

Feature Rich Project Management Solution

Pros

It kind of ticks all the boxes for me - a simple project and resource tracking tool, easy allocations, financial features covers all angles, salesforce Integration, optional virtual users and client access. The tool is very customisable. It has feature to track projects separately for each group/department with needed resource overlaps. I also liked the access controls and options to switch off unwanted or unused features. They have a well structured and self explainatory knowledgebase, responsive and prompt support staff.

Cons

There are not much cons to talk about. My only recommendation will be to keep working on more app integrations.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

To start with the tool offers trial with all access for you to explore its features. It covers all the features, with built in customisations. Salesforce Integration was key for us. It allows to track multiple groups work independent of each other. Resource allocations are simple and you dont need to do at multiple places unlike other tools. Above all ease of use and documentation - Simple.

Sonika from Website Angels

Excellent Project Management Tool

Pros

The resource load is very useful to our everyday management. I also really like the way the projects and tasks are structured

Cons

Better reporting features would be handy. It could also do with some tools/functionalities for better client management on the system.

Susan from SweetRush

Am loving Celoxis

Have had a very positive experience with Celoxis although I am not too sure the notification feature works correctly. I cannot rely on it so I must go in and check to ensure nothing has changed. Also we customized one of the screens and needed to use the notification feature, but are unable to do so. Other than that - this tool is AMAZING!!

Pros

Easily locate what you are looking for. Easily identify estimated/actual hours...I am not a project manager and do not use it to its fullest, but what I do use, I find it very user friendly and quite frankly not sure how we managed without Celoxis.

Cons

As previously mentioned, the notification features does not work as it should

Celoxis the new traditional and alternative flexible system for project management

It has added a high level of value from project team communication, reduce time for document and information access. One place for Every team member to speak from.

Pros

You can manage projects, tasks, resources, risks, issues and collaboration from one solution with client who don't need to have licenses or desktop software installed. The platform reporting tools with pre built project matrix report is a thumb up for this package. What I love the most is the project tracking board.

Cons

While the web application is mobile responsive , a mobile app is desired.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Cost Functionalites added value by enforcing a project management methodology.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Ease of Use, Integration, and the functionalities that work with me the way I want to project manage.

Easy-to-use and very affordable tool

It's much more efficient and user-friendly than the systems we used before. The support teams are very agile and helpful. Easy-to-use dashboards and mobile interface truly add value.

Pros

Being in the healthcare industry, we are constantly looking for internal improvements to inspire healthy behaviors and improve overall healthcare management. Celoxis helps us with prioritizing our projects and activities, keeping a tight eye on progress in schedule, costs, risks and issues. It is very intuitive to use. Custom fields are tremendously useful in capturing different dimensions of information.

Cons

Sometimes the application feels a bit old-fashioned and clunky and the timesheets could do with a bit of overhaul. Nothing too major in lacking.

Michael from Snow

Good for Project Coordination, Admin and Reporting

We use Celoxis to track project progress, financials, billable and non-billable utilisation, expenses and to do a wide range of reporting related to those projects. It's overall a very intuitive and useful tool.

Pros

It's simple to use, well laid out, reporting functionality is very good. There's a lot of features: utilisation tracking, expenses management, risk and issue tracking.

Cons

Performance can be a touch sluggish. Project Management functionality is basic, this needs to be used in conjuction with MS Project or similar for anything but the simplest of projects.

Henni from Rossing Uranium

Industry: Mining & Metals

Setting Up Projects Portfolio - new user

From the beginning with the sales person, the demo provided, deployement of the product and now the full time use of it I am very happy with. The great online support is the absolute best.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, the work flow is easy to understand and is well layed out. You are able to disable features that you do not use, setting customized templates or make used of the standard reports - which I found was plentifull and very useful. The instant online support is just amazing!! The dashboards were exactly what I was looking for.

Cons

A bit better guidance is required setting up the system. The online help tool does help a lot, but I found that it does not explain ALL of the detail of setting it up completely. It is however intuitive enough and tied with the excellent online support, all my querries were addressed. I still did not quite manage to create a predictive cost curve, but did manage to use standard reports well enough to showcase what I wanted.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

It was the most intuitive and least complex system with all the required features. Most other software is very complex to setup and they just don't have the nice dashboards. The cost was also very very good!!

Partha from Eurofins

Industry: Biotechnology

Celoxis the low barrier, high flexible PPM tool with super fast support

Celoxis helped us to quickly onboard about 120+ strategic projects under a transformation portfolio. Probably one of the most flexible and configurable PPM tool with low complexity of adaption. We virtually learnt the tool during the trial period and able to quickly configured to align to our processes. The Apps feature let us define our own modules/apps and APIs were useful to import existing data form inhouse tool. The support is the icing on cake for Celoxis. I never had to wait more than minutes to get my queries and issues resolved.

Pros

Highly Configurability Intuitive both for administrators, configurators and users Import export through CSV for Apps and Gantt Easy top build reports, dashboards and views Workflow engine is simple yet powerful APIs helped us to built some traditional reporting for Execs who may not access Celoxis directly

Cons

1. Missing bulk delete for App items.. e.g. We were experimenting with a burndown chart and uploaded some data that was incorrect, when trying to delete those records we had to delete them one by one as bulk delete was not available, this feature should be available for Admins at least. 2. Program Project hierarchy is not available however we could use the workspace as program

Value for money Flexibility Ease of use

Celoxis Review from Project Manager

Our software development shop switched to Celoxis a few years ago and haven't looked back. It's ease of use for time entry has proven to make for much more accurate and timely time entries, and the project/time/task/resource reporting features are top notch. As a project manager, I used to spend hours and hours trying to get various views of project data, and Celoxis makes that much easier. Another feature that I feel sets it apart from other platforms, is the ability for me to create my own personal Dashboard where I can customize it to show the views and tasks that are important to me.

Pros

Customizable dashboard, Ease of time Entry, Great reporting features/graph views

BARBARA from Agilutions

Celoxis - Review from a Project Manager

Pros

ease of use, reporting capabilities, dashboard views

James from Crenshaw Lighting

Robust platform

Overall it is a very powerful tool at a reasonable price. Only wish that it had drag and drop functionality and the ability to optimize resources in a job role (evenly spread the work load on a daily basis).

Pros

Very interactive gantt chart, ability to set external predecessors.

Cons

Very easy to mess up your future schedule depending on how you have it set. If using predecessor/ successor relationships, be very mindful of any downstream tasks/ projects that will be effected by adjusting a current one.

Rohit from Ampcus Incorporated

Defect Entry Hassle

Pros

Here are the things I like about Celoxis: 1) Easy to track & find items 2) User interface is clean & uncluttered

Cons

Here are some of my issues with Celoxis: 1) While entering defects, the fields for the defect description and file attachments are placed way below at the bottom of the form. 2) The defect entry field is not wide enough, and is short. So it is difficult to read more than a few lines at a time while entering the defect.

August 2015

Katrin from Datacorp

August 2015

Most viable candidate of the lot with excellent reporting capabilities

Pros

What I like best about Celoxis is its flexibility in reporting. The reporting is so robust that it lets me create all sorts of complex portfolio and resource reports even on my business fields. It also has a clean interface and is very simple to learn. Celoxis is an excellent tool for time tracking, especially the weekly time sheets and the one-click approve feature. Resource management tools are also comprehensive in helping us track down resources with right skills, their availability and utilization.

Cons

Setting up security can often be challenging, especially with multiple roles and work spaces. To ease that out, Celoxis does provide a complimentary 1 hour session on Administration and Security best practices to its new customers. I’d encourage everybody to sign up for this. It really smooths out your new software deployment process. Best practices, quick how-to's and product usage tips are missing. It would be worthwhile to include these in their Help center.

Ryan from Phillips-Medisize

Industry: Medical Devices

A project management platform at its finest

I'm a project engineer at a manufacturing and engineering design firm and I use Celoxis more than daily. It can take few days to learn, but once you have it down it is by far the best platform I've ever used to manage projects. It is useful for project engineers and all the way up to senior management to manage small projects, programs, and employees. It really is an all-in-one product and I highly recommend it.

Pros

Frequent updates and bug fixes Inter-facility coordination Seamless timeline creation and management Hours tracking and analysis for large groups of people

Cons

I have no cons. In the past year, Celoxis has fixed all the problems I originally had with it (mainly bugs).

A very very flexible project management platform

It has been great overall! One of the main advantages has been streamlining all our projects and resources and workloads and keep them sorted in one place. Customizable dashboards are a cherry on the top!

Pros

It is ideal for project planning, allowing us to plan our larger and more complex projects using waterfall and our smaller, agile projects using kanban. Very swift time-tracking capabilities including timers. A lot of reporting and charting capabilities helps getting in-depth visibility into progress.

Cons

Nothing so far, the user interface could be more responsive, but not really hampering our use of the software. Pop-ups can be avoided.

Michael from Enverus

Seasoned Project Manager has the perfect tool for managing Service Project

The recent improvements on the navigation have sped up my task execution and the features work steady. When managing Services projects it helps keep both internal and external stakeholders in the loop on everything.

Pros

Cons

Financial Report still needs to be approved and would like more PMI measures for each project and portfolio like EVM. Go beyond SPI and CPI.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Cost versus features. Similar platforms that charge the same cost per seat are not as functional and those that have better features, cost much more per Celoxis. Further you can customized this platform with extra fields, reports and workflows to help manage your projects and teams.

Gavin from Anne Arundel County OIT Department

It's Good

Pros

It is fairly easy to understand and use.

Cons

You do not have much control over the views you can create. That is to say, there was information I wanted to add to a view that I couldn't, or I couldn't organize a report in a manner I wanted to.

Cost

Jeffrey from Constellation Digital Partners

Celoxis, a cost effective application for tracking and reporting on projects

We were using numerous tools for tracking project, not of which were integrated. Reporting was very manual and time consuming. Executive dashboards were non-existent. Celoxis has improved this process for us immensely.

Pros

The integration between the project plans (gannt chart), reporting and dashboard. Also the interactive collaboration tools for managing todo's, documents, Risk logs, Issue logs and decision.

Cons

Celoxis customer support is very helpful, even as delivered through text support. Service reps are very knowledgable and communicate very well.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Value for the investment, The support team