What are Checkvist users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Checkvist software through verified user reviews

• icon"My favorite part of Checkvist is the clean interface. This is what drew me to it initially and why I keep using it."
  • icon"The keyboard first approach and availability of my list no matter where I am makes me super productive. I like the clean and clear style and that I can email my items to my list."
  • icon"It is really an amazing, applicable and really appealing thing. I was fighting with numerous bullet journals, diaries and task-management tools and methods for quite a long time."
  • icon"It should also work better when internet connection is unstable. I can not think about any other serious problems."
  • icon"There is no native mobile app, even though there is a mobile version of the website."
  • icon"No native (ios) app, so no native notifications etc. Personal reason: difficult for me to apply the gtd workflow while keeping the overview."

Browse all Checkvist Reviews

• Have you used Checkvist and would like to share your experience with others?

Olga

An Easy Way to Create Order in Your Life

Well, that is splendid. I am really happy to use such a tool. It makes my life productive and produces great results. I can achieve more, I can keep moving forward day by day, step by step, without extra worries that I would skip some important things. I really like that this service is simple, clear, rational, logical and easy-to-use. I really like their billing policy. I am fond of this beautiful, almost ideal to-do-lists design. It is spectacular that there is a list of keyboard shortcuts which looks so stylish in this nerdy depicting.

Pros

It is an affordable, user-friendly, responsive, and trustworthy solution to prioritize things in your life, keep things in order and manage your time wisely. First of all, it is a cool and reasonable solution for smart task management. You can create logical, rational, clear and applicable to-do-lists, numbering, categorizing, ordering and reordering tasks in them. You can choose urgent tasks of critical importance, highlight them and add some sub-tasks in sequential order. You can add due dates, if you want. You can add some tags, notes or even files. You can archive your lists, delete or share. It is really an amazing, applicable and really appealing thing. I was fighting with numerous bullet journals, diaries and task-management tools and methods for quite a long time. I even tried gamification, some Android Apps and Chromium plugins and extensions, but usually it did not produce great results. As soon as I did my second Master's, I felt that I needed some fresh perspective for time-management. This tool is more than affordable, but precious and luxurious at the same time. One of my favorite software discoveries. Thank you!

Cons

The Logo of this brand.Uh-huh. Well, I have been using this tool only for some short period of time. I have not found any annoying, displeasing or uncomfortable options, functions or components. As for the logo: it looks great as a tab or a bookmark in Chromium browser, but looks funny as the brand name in the top left corner of the interface. Just some kind of psychological trigger. I am sorry if my attention to details looks strange.

Reasons for switching to Checkvist

I just wanted some simple, clear and logical lists and I could not get used to the interface of this service, to the numerous options and functions, especially reminders which I did not really need. The last thing which I could not handle - it is a reminding function and due date policies which turned out to be a little bit to annoying. I have some deadlines but they are never tight, that's why I cannot appreciate almost an alarm-clock function which reminds me every day about the things which I just wanted to specify somehow, but not to stick to the strict period of time.

Kevin

May 2022

Easily keep track of everything in your life!

Keeping track of thousands of Chromebooks, users and also keeping lists of calls and tasks has been easy with Checkvist. My daily task list is in Checkvist. I can forward any email to Checkvist and go back to the actual email quickly. A really nice feature is linking within tasks/notes. I can copy a link from any list and include it in my daily task list. My original list is not changed, but I have all the information I need for my daily work.

Pros

Being keyboard centric provides a very fast interface. All the features make it one of the best tools I have ever used. As a tech director and former data analyst, I keep track of massive amounts of data. The best features of Checkvist allow for me to always have whatever information I need immediately at hand. Moving between lists is quick and easy. Search capability is very quick and allows me to find whatever I am looking for. Attachments of any kind, notes, unlimited hierarchy makes Checkvist the best and easiest tool for large amounts of data that you need to organize.

Cons

The only con that I have found is no native alert for scheduled tasks. The integration with Google calendar provides a suitable work around though.

Reasons for choosing Checkvist

The ability to do almost everything with the keyboard is the best feature of Checkvist. I came from Linux and use GVim. Many of the keyboard functions work similar in both pieces of software.

Reasons for switching to Checkvist

There are only a few things that other tools can do that Checkvist doesn't yet do. The keyboard centricity of Checkvist makes it quicker and easier to use than any other tool.

Sean

Checkvist-Not Too Shabby

A fine app that does a solid job of helping the user manage and sort day-to-day activities.

Pros

Nice littl piece of software for managing and prioritizing tasks for the day. A solid choice amongst the various apps of this nature.

Cons

No cons to report, the product on the whole was satisfactory.

Ralph

Outline Your Work, Your Life, and Your Life's Work

As a pastor of a parish with a large day care program, I am constantly dealing with tasks, projects, plans, preaching, writing, and other responsibilities. Checkvist allows me to pull everything together into one place and allows me the flexibility to organize it all the way that works best for me. As things change, as my responsibilities grow, as new ideas emerge, Checkvist has the power to adapt and keep me on top of everything that I need to do, as well as giving me a place to brainstorm about the future. Being able to forward my emails to Checkvist also allows me an efficient way to keep my email inbox empty while at the same time knowing that nothing will ever get lost in the shuffle. I cannot say enough about how much this software has done for me and in turn allowed me to do more and more for the people of my parish.

Pros

Checkvist provides an incredibly flexible and full featured way to create an outline of what needs to be achieved, accomplished, what needs to get done to fulfill the many plans and commitments of your work and your life. I prefer to work out of one major outline so that everything is in one place and always there right in front of me. Checkvist makes this possible by allowing any section of the outline to be "hoisted" so that I can focus more clearly on any area of my work. Likewise, when needed, I can create separate outlines to deal with a major project, or to provide more detailed support for any of the items on my main outline. Of course, it can also be used as an outliner without a task orientation, which is particularly helpful in writing and brainstorming. The team behind Checkvist are personally invested in the quality and development of this software. They keep us "in the loop" with frequent posts which they call "The Checkvist Story". Users always know what is being worked on, improved, and planned for the future. The one time that I needed to contact them for assistance, their response was nearly immediate. I cannot say enough about this software, about their development team, and about how much it has become the place I go to throughout the day to help keep me, my work, and my life on a steady course. Literally, my entire life is outlined on Checkvist!

Cons

Checkvist works perfectly well on any browser, including on mobile browsers, and they have a special mobile version of their software that works more efficiently on a phone or tablet. They are working on the development of a dedicated application for phones and tablets which will make Checkvist even more accessible than it already is. It is my hope that they will continue in their plans to develop a dedicated application, and that they will continue to work on improving the user experience by further developing the program interface. It would also be awesome if they could make email messages that are saved to the outline look more like the original message, although it is already quite usable in its present form. Like any software, future development is key, and this dedicated team takes the development of their software to a new level of transparency.

Nick

Phenomenal keyboard driven outliner / todo list

It has helped me to improve my organisation. It is also a great app for getting your thoughts down on paper and general brainstorming.

Pros

As a thoroughly disorganised person working in a demanding field, I depend heavily on my task-management system. There are a huge variety of apps on the market, but none have quite the flexibility of checkvist, or its keyboard driven ethos. For example, if I wish to assign a date to an app, I press 'd' twice, and just type the date using natural language. The task automatically gets imported into my calendar (google). Using the search bar I can rapidly find high-priority tasks, and I can quickly view a list of forthcoming tasks. While many task management apps have these kinds of features I doubt they are so beautifully implemented. An additional feature of checkvist is its outlining capabilities. So, as well as using it to manage task, you can use it plan talks, or writing assignments. Keyboard driven shortcuts are extremely intuitive, and make it an absolute breeze to use. The company is always innovating on the basis of customer feedback, and respond to queries from paid customers within hours. There is literally nothing else out there like it. Check it out.

Cons

Checkvist has few drawbacks. It would be great if the mobile app was slightly more developed. However, for me this is not a deal breaker, as I use it mainly on a laptop / desktop.

Ben

Get all those tasks off your mind and let the program do the reminding for you.

It frees my mind from having to remember what i need to do next or for the day and allows me to just do the work. I can be more productive and have more time to think about the projects or work I'm involved with instead of being distracted when recalling something I forgot to do. Helps me to prioritize what is necessary to get done and those things that will always be "someday" tasks. Which without a task management program like Checkvist, I'd probably be working on--not realizing it's a waste of my time.

Pros

The overall concept is easy to get behind and the interface is easy to use. Love all the keyboard shortcuts. Being able to create lists and hierarchy tasks is excellent for task management and reviewing tasks needing to be completed during a project or goal.

Cons

on the "Due" page, not having my tasks split up (or grouped) by their lists. Not necessarily being able to minimize or expand the groups, but to see the tasks under each list since they tend to be related in theme. In a recent update, changing the date on a current due task now sends you to that task lower on Due Task page, it's a very quick fix to go back up, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Response from Trirt Software

Hello Ben, Thanks for the review. I wanted to notice that on the Due page, you can enable grouping by list in the page options (cog in the toolbar). There is also an option to enable context view, read more in this blog post: https://goo.gl/m3XXfA

Replied July 2017

Nancy

I am a long time user of Checkvist (since 2011). I use primarily the web version.

Pros

My favorite part of Checkvist is the clean interface. This is what drew me to it initially and why I keep using it. So many apps or websites these days are filled with clutter which is the exact opposite of what I need when the whole point is to simplify and stay organized! My other favorite part is the color option. I am a very visual person so having the option to add some color is also a huge deal. I have tried other similar "clean" to do list options, but they did not have the color feature so I stopped using it immediately. Please don't ever change those two things.

Cons

I use this mostly on the web so am not a heavy user of the app. I have tried it, but find it is more hassle than it is worth. I don't mind this, but making this app version a little easier to use would be a plus. I like the clean look (as I said before), but on the app it goes a little too far so I can't figure out how to do anything.

Hamman

From all the apps I've tried for task and project management, Checkvist is by far the best!

My productivity has increased significantly since I started using Checkvist, which is really due to how easy it has been to learn the app, so I can focus on getting stuff done

Pros

Checkvist has amazing keyboard support, is absolutely the perfect app for the divide-and-conquer approach for getting stuff done, and is choke full of useful productivity features. Especially useful is the progress counter which shows how much of a task is completed. It's also very easy to set up lists, tasks, and sub-tasks, and lets you focus on doing the actual tasks instead of learning some convoluted methodologies. The markdown support is also a star, especially for the task notes.

Cons

There is no native mobile app, even though there is a mobile version of the website. There is also no support for time tracking, which would be a very useful feature. There's lots of add-ons for the Chrome browser, but similar support for Firefox is lacking.

Wayland

Perfect checklist for those who care about efficiency

It fits my need of easy-to-use but hard-to-master type of software. It's pretty awesome in how efficient you can get with Checkvist.

Pros

You can do everything with just a keyboard. There is no UI element that is preventing me from accomplishing what I want in a checklist. This software is definitely perfect for a programmer, even if you're not I would definitely check it out to see if it's fits your style.

Cons

The mobile version can use a little bit of work. It doesn't currently match the elegance of the web application. That's a difficult goal to achieve though. You can still do the basics of a checklist though.

Use it every day to organise my work

Pros

Using the keyword to manage the application makes it fast to use. Having a mobile version too is handy. Good cut and paste too between lists.

Cons

The mobile version is quite simple. It's more than adequate if you just want to view your lists or mark a task as complete. Building a list/outline from scratch, however, takes time. It compliments the excellent desktop version rather than being the primary tool.

Ron

I've tried many outliners and project management tools, and Checkvist is the best for me.

Helps me to plan projects in detail, organize thoughts, keep notes, and collaborate with others.

Pros

I like the ability to created hierarchical list with unlimited levels. I also like the due page where I can see what I have coming up, in order of priority. I also like the ability to tag lists and list items for easy searching.

Cons

I use lists for both outlining ideas, planning, and creating TODO lists. I do all these things in one list sometimes, so I would like the ability to specify that only certain sublists represent tasks. Right now everything in a list is a task in Checkvist. So I can't tell at a glance how many tasks are actually in a list; how many are done; and how many are still open. I also don't like that you can't put a due time, you can only put a day.

As simple working with Pen & Paper and all the benefits of a great cloud based app

I use this software daily as my "Getting Things Done" system. I keeps me organized in way that I have not been able to replicate with dozens of other productivity websites / software solutions. I have tried all the major players in the productivity space and many of the upcoming contenders.

Pros

It has a simple and natural interface that is very easy to use. The keyboard commands are very useful. Bulk operations are a snap. The site is quick. It is easy to handle a large number of complicated lists and find / retrieve what you are looking for quickly. The possible uses for this website are only limited by the users imagination.

Cons

Mobile App needs refinement so that users can have an experience similar to the "full site" version.

Alan

Excellent UX through veracious keyboard shortcut focus along with great support.

Ease of use meant I *did* (do) use it so it becomes a trusted core system unlike an app that is fun for a bit but ultimately does not get much use and so returns little value.

Pros

Keyboard shortcuts for all actions means less RSI and more speed. A great balance of functionality without bloat and also functionality hidden away until you need it with a quick two key tap. Super fast to use.

Cons

Sometimes I hanker for some more styling BUT you can style yourself with Pro custom CSS and so even this is not an issue really.

Jim

Industry: Chemicals

Been using CheckVist daily for 3 years. Amazing customer support! It just keeps getting better.

Better organization, improved scheduling. I now know where to find my information.

Pros

Excellent keyboard shortcuts. All items in a list are easily rearranged. The recurring due date functionality is invaluable. Web access allows me to use it at home and at work - which was a problem with my previous solution. I don't know how I lived without it.

Cons

The mobile app is not as mature as the web app. It is harder to use, and has fewer functions. But it is improving.

Checkvist is totally AWESOME

I never lose any tasks Fantastic for triage and management of projects, people and tasks

Pros

Desktop browser functionality is unsurpassed, I've tried literally dozens of todo list tools and nothing comes close to the ease of use and power of Checkvist. Tasks and priorities are always changing and Checkvist makes this SO simple. The mobile app is rapidly evolving into a fantastic progressive web app. Support is excellent Also great for managing meetings/agendas etc

Cons

Global search index takes time to update More powerful filtering logic needs to be added particularly around tags. Needs sort by modified date

Richard

I've been using it for several years and couldn't manage without it.

Pros

Need to create a checklist for anything - use Checkvist. Need access to key reference information from any computer - use Checkvist. It's simple and convenient, and always available.

Cons

I only use the basic features, and have no gripes about it. 100 characters minimum is BS. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs.

Charlie

Just the outliner productivity features that I want, and no extra visual or functional bloatware.

Daily organization in a flexible way.

Pros

I can control everything from the keyboard (but all the natural drag-and-drop options are available as well). It's fast. It works well on both my laptop and my phone.

Cons

The mobile app is lagging a bit behind the desktop version. There are a few paid features that I'd like to have for free (but that's hardly a complaint). There isn't an easy Android share-to-Checkvist option.

Shaun

Checkvist is simply the best task management program around.

It has helped me not only organize my daily todo's, but also gives me the ability to keep lists of interesting things I like to track long term.

Pros

The unlimited hierarchical lists + all the keyboard shortcuts. No other product even comes close to being this flexible.

Cons

not sure there is anything in particular that I could say that I like least about checkvist. it solves all of my needs for a task management software.

An essential part of my daily working life

Pros

Outlining feels like a very way to organise my thoughts and Checkvist implements it brilliantly. My favourite feature is its support for keyboard shortcuts. It just makes the tool so fast to use.

Cons

Improved support for mobile would be a plus. Viewing lists is excellent but updating or creating them is a little clunky. That said, as a work tool, I'd rarely ever want to create a list using my phone.

Charles

One of those rare programs that has changed my entire work (and play) flow for the better

Organizes many aspects of my life, from writing papers to shopping

Pros

Very quick maneuvering with keyboard shortcuts One-stroke highlighting (6 colors) makes it easy to sort priorities Flexible repeating due dates Can send things easily to the outline from email or the web Terrific customer support -- the developers are on the case and really care about the program Enables me to organize my thoughts quickly

Cons

The Android app, while adequate, is still in beta and needs further development Due items do not notify at particular time, only day

I looked for an online outline-based list/ thought organization tool a long time! Checkvist rocks!

Easy organization of my thoughts and reminders

Pros

Fast. Keyboard shortcuts. Multilevel. Multi-list. Rapid expand, contract, move, indent, outdent. Changes reflected instantly to all devices.

Cons

Need more formatting options. Need to be able to attach images, link externally. Mobile still kind of clunky.

Response from Trirt Software

Hello Mark, Thanks a lot for the review. I wanted to mention that it is possible to attach images and files, as well as link them. Take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcQ7m8omOgc Thanks again, KIR

Replied July 2017

Greg

I use checkvist every day, I run my whole life with it.

Pros

Cons

The keyboard commands work differently between my Mac and windows at work which is a little jarring.

Jay

I've been using Checkvist for several years and continue to use it everyday.

Pros

Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts. Having the ability to create unlimited sub-lists and easily customize with markdown and tags.

Cons

The mobile site, although features are regularly being added and continues to get better. A native iOS app would be great.

Ed

Great for sharing lists. Simple but grows with you.

Pros

Simple to get others to use. Has lots of functionality if you decide to dive deep but also works as a simple list manager.

Cons

Love it but would like a mobile app to make it easier to use on mobile devices. Other than, it's great.

Micha¿

I love this app. It is one of my must-have tools for work and personal projects.

Pros

Keyboard driven, simplicity, markdown syntax support, infinite depth of tree, focus on selected sub-trees, API and many more.

Cons

Currently, there is no real mobile app. It should also work better when internet connection is unstable. I can not think about any other serious problems.

Checkvist