All Podio Reviews

Susan

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2022

Podio is a great relational database system

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Podio is the best tracking software for the multiple projects.

Podio is the best to keep track all of our important emails, tasks and projects in a simple manner. Podio is an outstanding software for the project and management. I can share all of my important projects with my friends and team members but one by one. It really allow me to manage all of my important tasks and store the important information in a one place such as assign projects. My project management activities are easily handle by the extreme planner software. Wen I complete all of my tasks assignment and multiple projects, then I always choose the Podio software. Podio is the great for the project and tasks assignments. I would recommended this software to everyone.

PROS

Podio is the great customizable software. The best thing about the Podio software is that we can track all of our important tasks and multiple projects at a one time and it is the only possible through the Podio software. We can easily collaborate with our team members and colleagues in a more efficient way. I can always use this efficient software for better manage my personal projects.Podio is one of the best project management software. The another great advantage of this software is that we can easily organized all of our important projects and assignment tasks in a group and colleagues. This software has outstanding features such as it has the great ability to create the custom folders in a more efficient way. Through this software, it is so easy for us to create a tasks and store a large amount of information in a project software.

CONS

The disadvantage of this software is that for the new users that they faced a lot of problem about the sharing of the multiple projects with our colleagues and team members at a one time. Hence, sharing of projects is so difficult for the beginners and users. This software lack a lot of features which is very essential for the new users. Podio software is not so easy to use. For the beginners, it is a little challenges for us to create a tasks and better manage our projects . It is so difficult in learning to use many of the features in a properly manner. But otherwise it is very simple for us to create a tasks to the specific projects.

Ryan

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Podio is the best CRM

Overall Podio is so much better than every other CRM we have used. I've recommended it to everyone in my industry.

PROS

I love how we can customize everything and how many integrations are supported.

CONS

Not a fan of the UI. Looks outdated and can be confusing for new users.

Reasons for switching to Podio

Zoho is confusing and not very good customer service.

Julian

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Used to be good now is outdated and poor customer service

I went from love to dissappointment. For many years it served us to organize the workflows of the company but gradually it was left behind and today it is an outdated and expensive platform. In addition, the customer service is really disappointing.

PROS

It's good for working with databases and relations among them. We used to have our complete ERP built in Podio.

CONS

- Podio used to be a good alternative when workspaces were customizable and external users could interact with the platform easily. However, this changed unilaterally and without notice, rendering most applications useless. - Compared to platforms like Notion, Podio's system and infrastructure are perceived as outdated and difficult to configure. - The customer service is poor, with delayed responses and a lack of empathy towards the customers. - It is more expensive than more powerful and customizable platforms.

Reason for choosing Podio

A few years ago it was a state-of-the-art alternative for project and workflow management.

Melanie

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed May 2024

A Lot Like Digital Lego

We loved working with it. It was such a great tool to use. However, we did in the end switch away to a more traditional PM system, just because the setup and structuring was a little bit of overkill for what we needed as we grew.

PROS

Podio is this fantastic gem that you don't see in other project management, task management or workflow management systems. It's quite literally limitless. You can create unique systems and flows for your own needs without a ton of tech-knowledge (but you certainly need some). It's a really neat way to create the EXACT workflow and data management pieces that you're looking for.

CONS

Podio is not simple to set up or implement. It takes time, planning and a decent amount of tech understanding. You don't need to know how to program, but it's certainly not for the faint of heart with the setup. However once you get it - it's very cool. I honestly don't have too much more that's negative to say about it.

Colin

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Podio - Flexible collaboration tool for teams

It's difficult to describe Podio in a few sentences as it's flexibility and extensibility through the addition of apps from the library or creating your own means that it can be used for many different things. We've used it for project management and as a simple space to hold and share information when several external parties are involved. It means everyone can see what needs to be shared and current status with compromising internal systems and worrying about correct security settings for various parties. Podio isn't always first choice for team collaboration as there may already be solutions in place that clients prefer (for example, Microsoft Teams), but it is a quick way to pull disparate people and data together and get working quickly. As with all collaboration tools, it needs a bit of planning to configure it best for the type of project you want to use it for, but once you have used it a couple of times setup should be quick. For 'standard' users who have a degree of competence with collaboration software, the interface is intuitive and they should get up to speed pretty quickly. If you work in an Agile environment, all the tools are there to configure an Agile project and get started quickly. Some people love Podio immediately, others don't get it. Try out with a couple of small projects to get familiar with it; keep it as simple as possible - Podio's greatest strength is that you don't need to add more features/apps than are suited to the job.

PROS

Fast to configure for team collaboration on a variety of tasks - from the simple to fully featured Agile project management. Adding only the apps you need means you can have a flexible and bespoke approach to each project depending on the requirements. Easy to share with external users.

CONS

The flexibility that can be a strength can also be a weakness. There needs to be strong leadership over configuration and apps included. The number of apps that can be added and the configurable options can lead to unnecessary complexity in the hands of inexperienced users. If you have complex security requirements, configuration can be a pain.

Jefferson

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Use for Small Companies Only

Far more cons then pros. If you are a growing company I would recommend stay away from this software. If your a small startup I can see the attractiveness because its low cost, simple minded. We are hopefully going to switch off it soon.

PROS

Podio is one of those software that excels in a few key concepts but entirely falls flat everywhere else. There ability to tag, chat and communicate through each app is a unique feature that I think most programs do fail to get right. There workflows and ability to write any calculated field workflow in php or javascript is pretty decent and a unique concept when needing that custom options. Does take a bit to learn it though. I think most people dump money into 3rd party support developers do to this. which is what we were doing before I arrived.

CONS

This is a software I think any growing company is going to find out real quick that they will outgrow real fast. Podio is slow. Apps do not work between workspaces. You can build relationship but not share apps between workspaces. Permissions and overall platform structure is very confusing. Podio was built of the idea that any Joe off the street can build a workspace/app and share it around, versus having a platform that is company down managed. The design of podio is single column form layout, this is a decent concept if your tracking like 5 fields. But the minute you need more then that you are going to find yourself just doing endless scrolling, and can't find anything. Views are a mess to build. Graphs do not exist at all.

Reviewed July 2022

Very good task management

PROS

Task management for a single user from my experience is hassle free

CONS

A bit more support materials on best practices, some in-app guides would be helpful

Reviewed June 2018

Not the BEST But Very Affordable

Real time tracking of sales and easy to calculate commissions

PROS

You can customize pretty much any field imaginable to build anything you want and need. It doesn't require you to fit everything into their box or what they say you need. Integrated with Zapier it is very powerful.

CONS

You can't search by email address (there are errors with any email that has more than 1 period which is almost a deal breaker. Reports can't be accessed in the app which is one of my primary uses. I have a workaround scripted in my phone, but I feel like you shouldn't have to be an expert to find what your sales are.

Oparanya

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Podio: An Inexpensive and Simple to use Task Management Tool

PROS

This task management solution is so easy to understand and comprehensive. Podio has been an easy to implement task management software.

CONS

I like the powerful features of Podio. Podio is so amazing.

Abhilash

Textiles, 1,001-5,000 employees

Podio Is a Reliable Task Management Solution

PROS

This task management solution has been easy to use since day one. I like the brilliant capabilities of Podio.

CONS

Podio has been highly reliable simple to manage. No cons about Podio.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Podio: A Brilliant Tool for Transforming Project Data

PROS

The reliability of Podio has been making it an incredible tool. Podio is easy to use and reliable.

CONS

I like the effective features of Podio. Podio is flawless.

Miguel

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Project management with all the bells and whistles.

Podio is powerful, indeed. I ranked it a bit lower than most as my focus has always been around small businesses. And Podio might simply be too much for that sector. But it does offer an impressive array of features that perhaps small businesses with lots of development background need. It seems to wrap too many features into one product and many organizations simply do not work this way. But the concept of keeping all this functionality in one single place does make it appealing. Yet, there is much to be desired for regarding features in each category. Project Management, for example. It has features that are very common among competitors, but lacks features like milestones, issue tracking, defects, testing, epic and story hierarchies, etc. It simply does not provide the power one would expect from a solid project management functionality. Instead of ramping up these features, others are added, such as a CRM and financial features, etc. I would not entirely dismiss Podio, as it might be exactly what your organization's structure needs. Perhaps a quick test drive would do. I found it cumbersome for my small business, especially since I was already managing my clients using another CRM and my financials were being managed by another online application... keeping them all isolated and visible only to the required personnel.

PROS

Podio is feature rich and more aligned with larger companies with design and development teams. It offers a wide range of views to fit any and all your needs. Create and manage workspaces with ease. Podio is much more than just a project management tool. It offers the ability to track leads and clients with default or customizeable templates to display their details. Manage projects, portfolios and much more. With a focus on the creative (design) and development, Podio offers much more than one can ask for. It even offers an impressive library of APIs for customization and integrations. Track tasks with incredible details including time. Podio even gives you a place to track expenses. If your organization is looking for a product that keeps everything in one place, Podio might provide this for you.

CONS

Despite the rave reviews on the Pros, I believe that Podio is just too much for the average project management role. It feels as though it is trying to combine the features of a CRM, Financial System and Project Management product all in one place. Most organizations are simply not structured in a way that all these features should reside in one system. Perhaps it will work for some, which is why Podio does have a strong hold in the industry.

Reviewed January 2018

Love this tool, fully customizable!

I'm using the free version, so for me it's a free project management tool that can be customized to track any type of project or process. I can assign and schedule tasks for any user in the workspace.

PROS

It can do anything! There are pre-developed apps and packages of apps that you can add to your workspace to get started quickly. Those modules can be modified to meet your needs. OR, you can create your own apps to serve your own purposes. I've created my own apps for a variety of workspaces and have found it can do almost anything! So far we've used it for lead development, website development/QA, order tracking, and customer feedback handling. Love that we can assigne and schedule tasks for any user in the workspace. We're a small team, so the free version has been able to meet our needs as well.

CONS

It can be time consuming to figure out how build your own applications. The pre-built apps are great to start with, but then you have to visualize how to modify them to meet you unique needs. Not bad, just a learning curve. Also, the per user per month expenses can add up quickly if you need the more advanced features.

Emily

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2016

High Customization Project Management

PROS

The level of customization is amazing, and really makes Podio an incredibly versatile tool. Even with the mid-level plus pricing plan, we've utilized custom workspaces for a large variety of use cases throughout our company. The team at Podio also releases updates fairly often, which is great to see. Almost every update has added value to how we use the application. It's obvious that the Podio team has put a lot of work into what they have released thus far. The quality is great, and I can't think of anything that doesn't work properly or that feels messy. I'm confident that new features they release in the future will be just as well polished.

CONS

The number one limitation to Podio is the lackluster permission structure. On one hand, it has really forced us to create truly collaborative and transparent workspaces. However, it has also made it /impossible/ to use Podio for certain more sensitive applications. It is also incredibly annoying that there isn't an overall admin group for the total organization. We have multiple admins for our Podio organization (who help create and maintain workspaces), and each of us have to be added to every workspace as an admin in order to maintain the system. This means that our feeds get spammed with activity from every workspace, making it pretty useless for our own needs. It also bloats some of our workspaces, and makes it tricky to maintain stuff. In the plus price level, reports are kind of a joke. I believe they get a lot better in the higher plans, but plus level reports are almost useless.

Ricky

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2017

Podio. Great Tool That Not Enough People Know About

At our local Red Cross we needed a simple way to keep track of volunteer info and first aid training participants. It used to be a very manual process and being a small branch I couldn't convince admin to spring for an expensive CRM. My search landed me on the Podio website and I gave it a try. What an amazing tool it proved to be. It took a few weeks to get the hang of it (mainly because I had no previous experience with CRMs) but it has now become a central part of operations. We now can't imagine life without it. Now that we have it set up just the way we want it we can now easily figure out how many volunteers have been trained in not just First Aid but all of the other courses we offer. We have an easy way to check the number of events each volunteer has attended over any given period. Using webforms we have a really simple way for clients to requests First Aid volunteers at their events which automatically notifies the people we've specified so following up is now much easier. It has an iPhone app so even on the go staff always have access to data as long as there is an internet connection. I could go on and on but I think I would say my favourite feature is the customizability. It doesn't do everything (nothing does) but even with a free account you can get so much done it's simply mind blowing. Looking forward to the improvements (which have been never ending since we signed up). I now use it at my job to keep track of staff info and again it has become an invaluable tool significantly speeding up my workflow.

PROS

Ease of use Price (free option is great) Very customisable

CONS

Would love the ability to print pdf reports instead of just exporting Excel files

Reviewed July 2019

Very Customizable But Poor Integrations

It has been able to handle everything we needed it to do. I wish I went with a bigger name, like SalesForce just so everything communicates without needing a programmer to try and make everything play nice, but it is DEFINITELY cost effective and if your company isn't more than 10 employees, DEFINITELY gets the job done. I haven't seen any noticeable upgrades in 4 years, so I'm not sure how actively they are looking to improve it, but at the same time, it is very flexible.

PROS

Anything you can throw at it, it can do. Integrates with Zapier for most other software. Make it an all in one software for everything, not just a singular function (where we messed up).

CONS

It is not natively supported by a lot of other vendors so without Zapier or an expensive developer, you are either ALL IN with Podio or you may have issues growing and scaling. We didn't run into these until we were really big and not being able to automate some of our processes with other software's bottlenecked us.

Giorgi

Reviewed June 2018

Worth the money you pay!

PROS

Podio has been a huge help for the project management purposes as the platform offers highly customizable and flexible settings to adapt even the internal user interface to the requirements/characteristics of the project. What's more, the functionality and the adaption to the external apps as well as the useful add-ons give the platform more functionality that saves a lot of time and effort searching for those in another system. For the smaller organizations, you can start with free plan/trial, however, if you want to take it seriously and benefit fully, I'd advise going for the paid versions.

CONS

There are few cons of the system. Sometimes it seems to be lagging and it's hard to determine whether it's due to the load it puts on the browser and the computer lags or the system as well as it's cloud-based. What's more, for the new users, due to extended functionalities after some time of customization, it's hard to be easily acquired.

Kelsey