• Pros

• "Ease of use. It was easy to set up workspaces. It was easy to customize. Functions were great! From documentation to communication, Podio has it!"

• "Ease of use Price (free option is great) Very customisable"

• "Easy to create your own apps, great community support "

• Cons

• "The GUI is great, and the features are good, but for some reason I cannot stay signed in on some of my devices, upload of photos to items can be slow (in a variety of network conditions)."

• "The tool can be confusing for some users, so good training should be done. Assignment of tasks is somewhat complicated and there may be confusion."

• "Some functionality is kept to a minimum and so some simple options are missing but the core model is strong and that is the most important. Some personalisations on the presentation would be useful."

Browse Podio Reviews

Mark from Aspect software

Podio is the best tracking software for the multiple projects.

Podio is the best to keep track all of our important emails, tasks and projects in a simple manner. Podio is an outstanding software for the project and management. I can share all of my important projects with my friends and team members but one by one. It really allow me to manage all of my important tasks and store the important information in a one place such as assign projects. My project management activities are easily handle by the extreme planner software. Wen I complete all of my tasks assignment and multiple projects, then I always choose the Podio software. Podio is the great for the project and tasks assignments. I would recommended this software to everyone.

Pros

Podio is the great customizable software. The best thing about the Podio software is that we can track all of our important tasks and multiple projects at a one time and it is the only possible through the Podio software. We can easily collaborate with our team members and colleagues in a more efficient way. I can always use this efficient software for better manage my personal projects.Podio is one of the best project management software. The another great advantage of this software is that we can easily organized all of our important projects and assignment tasks in a group and colleagues. This software has outstanding features such as it has the great ability to create the custom folders in a more efficient way. Through this software, it is so easy for us to create a tasks and store a large amount of information in a project software.

Cons

The disadvantage of this software is that for the new users that they faced a lot of problem about the sharing of the multiple projects with our colleagues and team members at a one time. Hence, sharing of projects is so difficult for the beginners and users. This software lack a lot of features which is very essential for the new users. Podio software is not so easy to use. For the beginners, it is a little challenges for us to create a tasks and better manage our projects . It is so difficult in learning to use many of the features in a properly manner. But otherwise it is very simple for us to create a tasks to the specific projects.

Matt "Griff" from Vertiv Co

Podi - O?

We used it for 1-2 years for marketing projects and an internal goal alignment project.

Pros

I used it for 1-2 years but really never got to a point where I liked the software. It did allow for team communications and project tracking, but I do not believe we used it appropriately.

Cons

Podio seems to be a very specific style of project/task management software. We tried using it for implementation projects, so there was a lot of customizations that had to occur before it was usable. I did not feel like it was overly intuitive to use and had to do several follow up trainings.

Armand from Mayumi Publishing Group LLC

Blank Slate for Project Collaboration

Podio is awesome. For some reason it reminds me of the Campaign Builder within Infusionsoft but for process development instead of automated marketing. Podio is powerful once you figure it out.

Pros

Podio is flexible. Any Process flow you can map, can be created in Podio. I have used Podio in multiple industries. Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, just to name a few.

Cons

Podio has an outdated visual interface. Overall the application isn't as intuitive as other Project Collaboration tools that I have used.

Reasons for Choosing Podio

Podio is very flexible. Other collaboration applications can be slightly customized to work, how the organization wants to work, by building on top of a proven process. Podio requires that the user create the full workflow interaction.

Very flexible software, but increasingly unreliable

Overall, pretty good for a budget CRM. But it feels like a platform with its better days behind it.

Pros

Podio is designed for project managers, but we used it as our CRM - which shows how flexible it is. It worked well, the UI is nice, the workflows save you a lot of time and you can link up items well for automation (e.g. if you close a deal, mark the associated company item as 'customer'). The reporting worked quite well too. You can pull data into reports and create nice dashboards. And you can export to Excel.

Cons

Citrix aren't investing in Podio - it looks the same as when we started using it years ago. It's also increasingly unreliable - there have been numerous all-day outages in 2018. This is frustrating when you depend on Podio to run your business. We have since moved onto a different CRM software because of these issues.

Response from Podio

Replied October 2018

Thanks for sharing your review of Podio! We are dedicated to improve the reliability and performance of Podio in the future. Please read more details here: https://blog.podio.com/2018/01/10/2017-year-in-review/

Podio for efficient online collaboration

Podio is user friendly and flexible. We have used it as an online hub for our team in different locations. We have been able to customise it to suit our needs and it is growing as the business grows.

Pros

Podio is the best online collaboration system I have used. It's flexible and there is an apps marketplace where you can find modules that can help your business in many different ways. You will be able to access apps that will help[ you with project management and accounting as well as other functions in your organisation. It also allows you to build apps for specific functions of your business. And you can scale it as your business grows.

Cons

I found this tool to be extremely good for online collaboration. I cannot fault it against what it promises and what it can do.

Kristen from Girls on the Run

Online Business Community Sharing

My experience with Podio has been very positive. If I have a question, I can pose it on Podio and typically someone has an answer because they've experienced the situation, or thought of a solution to my concern/problem. It's like a giant, interactive, messaging, bulletin-board where professionals share information.

Pros

Podio allows me to connect with colleagues in the same field across the country. We can share resources, ideas, post articles and forms, etc. I'm fairly new to my position, so this software has been a great tool in helping me connect with colleagues and educational and training materials, etc. I love that I can find a ton of resources and don't have to recreate the wheel.

Cons

What I like least about Podio is that I don't seem to have all of the individual's whom I've been in contact with contact information-I have to request their phone number. email, etc.

Melissa from Storyteller Productions

Podio

Podio has gotten better over the years. I wish their app was easier to use then it is.

Pros

What I like about Podio is I can organize both of my businesses onto one platform. I can delegate tasks to my employees and can see if they got them done.

Cons

What I like the least about Podio is that you dont have graphs to see what has been done and what needs to be done. I would like to be able to see that I am 75% done with this project and etc.

Carla from Farmacia La Buena

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Best task management app

When you learn to use this app, it allows you to optimize the team work in any company. It includes an internal chat that can be segmented by departments.

Pros

Podium is one of the best platforms for task management, work team management. Create work campaigns, marketing, and manage / assign / verify progress. It allows you to create knowledge base for training purposes.

Vanessa from Park Place Communities

Great communication platform!

Once you knew how to navigate, it was easy to use. It has a similar platform to a common social media network so users because familiar quickly.

Pros

Cons

Cost. We were able to find a similar platform that was included in a service we already use.

Great Tool For Real Estate

This is a tool I use for my real estate clients to help them grow

Pros

Easy to use Easy to set up Tons of native integrations and outside integrations Customizable for almost any niche, but best for real estate

Cons

The ux/ui is really basic. The integrations are very niche specific Relies heavily on Zapier for triggers

Justin from Old Dominion Insulation

Serves it's purpose

The big boss also loves this program, because it can generate many different reports for him, from bid activity, pending logs, securement logs, win percentages with different customers or geographic areas. allows him to see many different metrics with just a few clicks.

Pros

The website is incredibly customizable, which allows you make this program perform many tasks that vary greatly. Our main purpose was to use this as a bid center for our company, allowing all of our branches to see who was bidding which jobs. After setting that up, we were able to have podio send out reminders after certain amounts of time to follow up on the bid results. If we were awarded the job, it will then send out notices to our purchasing department, project managers, and super intendents with the relevant information (start end dates, contract prices, labor hours estimated, location, contact info, etc). It is very helpful to make sure our branches do not double up estimating the same projects.

Cons

Being very customizable also means it can be quite tedious to set up initially. There are, however, many premade modules you can either use as is, or customize to fit you needs.

Reasons for Choosing Podio

At the time, buildingconnected was not set up to do what we needed in regards to generating the reports for the boss. I believe they have made some changes and updates that likely would have made it a good choice, but too late.

Response from Podio

Replied September 2019

Hi Justin, thanks for the review! Much appreciated. Cheers, Sara from Podio

Colin from Trade IT

Podio - Flexible collaboration tool for teams

It's difficult to describe Podio in a few sentences as it's flexibility and extensibility through the addition of apps from the library or creating your own means that it can be used for many different things. We've used it for project management and as a simple space to hold and share information when several external parties are involved. It means everyone can see what needs to be shared and current status with compromising internal systems and worrying about correct security settings for various parties. Podio isn't always first choice for team collaboration as there may already be solutions in place that clients prefer (for example, Microsoft Teams), but it is a quick way to pull disparate people and data together and get working quickly. As with all collaboration tools, it needs a bit of planning to configure it best for the type of project you want to use it for, but once you have used it a couple of times setup should be quick. For 'standard' users who have a degree of competence with collaboration software, the interface is intuitive and they should get up to speed pretty quickly. If you work in an Agile environment, all the tools are there to configure an Agile project and get started quickly. Some people love Podio immediately, others don't get it. Try out with a couple of small projects to get familiar with it; keep it as simple as possible - Podio's greatest strength is that you don't need to add more features/apps than are suited to the job.

Pros

Fast to configure for team collaboration on a variety of tasks - from the simple to fully featured Agile project management. Adding only the apps you need means you can have a flexible and bespoke approach to each project depending on the requirements. Easy to share with external users.

Cons

The flexibility that can be a strength can also be a weakness. There needs to be strong leadership over configuration and apps included. The number of apps that can be added and the configurable options can lead to unnecessary complexity in the hands of inexperienced users. If you have complex security requirements, configuration can be a pain.

Jorge from DO IT Internacional

Customization is the key

You can build a whole information system to support all your organization's areas in the same platform. Obviously, in a service with so many possibilities, everything can be as good as an average solution. If you need a specialized CRM, there's a more expensive alternative and the same is true for email marketing, database manager, webform embeds, etc. The upside of Podio is having it all in the same place, which makes it really convenient.

Pros

Podio is like a canvas that comes blank and can be as deep as your imagination goes. It's extremely customizable and that makes it more than viable to any organization. It's a platform that can go in any direction you need, you just have to learn javascript to get it's full potential.

Cons

Platform outages are more common than i'd like. Every month there are at least 2 or 3 incidents that make reliability the goal Citrix should be after.

Reasons for Choosing Podio

Price. The licensing model used by Podio works better for us.

Emily from A-C Electric Company

High Customization Project Management

Pros

The level of customization is amazing, and really makes Podio an incredibly versatile tool. Even with the mid-level plus pricing plan, we've utilized custom workspaces for a large variety of use cases throughout our company. The team at Podio also releases updates fairly often, which is great to see. Almost every update has added value to how we use the application. It's obvious that the Podio team has put a lot of work into what they have released thus far. The quality is great, and I can't think of anything that doesn't work properly or that feels messy. I'm confident that new features they release in the future will be just as well polished.

Cons

The number one limitation to Podio is the lackluster permission structure. On one hand, it has really forced us to create truly collaborative and transparent workspaces. However, it has also made it /impossible/ to use Podio for certain more sensitive applications. It is also incredibly annoying that there isn't an overall admin group for the total organization. We have multiple admins for our Podio organization (who help create and maintain workspaces), and each of us have to be added to every workspace as an admin in order to maintain the system. This means that our feeds get spammed with activity from every workspace, making it pretty useless for our own needs. It also bloats some of our workspaces, and makes it tricky to maintain stuff. In the plus price level, reports are kind of a joke. I believe they get a lot better in the higher plans, but plus level reports are almost useless.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Project management with all the bells and whistles.

Podio is powerful, indeed. I ranked it a bit lower than most as my focus has always been around small businesses. And Podio might simply be too much for that sector. But it does offer an impressive array of features that perhaps small businesses with lots of development background need. It seems to wrap too many features into one product and many organizations simply do not work this way. But the concept of keeping all this functionality in one single place does make it appealing. Yet, there is much to be desired for regarding features in each category. Project Management, for example. It has features that are very common among competitors, but lacks features like milestones, issue tracking, defects, testing, epic and story hierarchies, etc. It simply does not provide the power one would expect from a solid project management functionality. Instead of ramping up these features, others are added, such as a CRM and financial features, etc. I would not entirely dismiss Podio, as it might be exactly what your organization's structure needs. Perhaps a quick test drive would do. I found it cumbersome for my small business, especially since I was already managing my clients using another CRM and my financials were being managed by another online application... keeping them all isolated and visible only to the required personnel.

Pros

Podio is feature rich and more aligned with larger companies with design and development teams. It offers a wide range of views to fit any and all your needs. Create and manage workspaces with ease. Podio is much more than just a project management tool. It offers the ability to track leads and clients with default or customizeable templates to display their details. Manage projects, portfolios and much more. With a focus on the creative (design) and development, Podio offers much more than one can ask for. It even offers an impressive library of APIs for customization and integrations. Track tasks with incredible details including time. Podio even gives you a place to track expenses. If your organization is looking for a product that keeps everything in one place, Podio might provide this for you.

Cons

Despite the rave reviews on the Pros, I believe that Podio is just too much for the average project management role. It feels as though it is trying to combine the features of a CRM, Financial System and Project Management product all in one place. Most organizations are simply not structured in a way that all these features should reside in one system. Perhaps it will work for some, which is why Podio does have a strong hold in the industry.

Diego from Freelancer

Double-edged tool. Lots of flexibility and features, but easy to lose your direction and focus.

Reliable communication with the team through the chat function. Good personal tas management and also knowledge management. Even though we stored or files in a cloud service, we 'indexed' and sorted our knowledge through Podio.

Pros

This app felt like a blank canvas. You can create a lot of workspaces, each with differentes apps that have different functionality, such as "Expenses" and "People". For each app, you can create items, that you can call whatever you like, e.g. "Payment" and "Person", respectively. Within them, you have many field options and you can customize quite a bit, even automatically creating tasks. I also appreciated that the calendar, your tasks and your contacts have their separated site. Each works automatically, adding events that you interacted with automatically to your calendar, the same with tasks that were delegated to you. In summary of the good stuff, lots of possibilites. Also, formulars where quite helpful.

Cons

As much as it has pros, there is for me and the organization where we used it, one big Con, that goes throughout the whole app: too much flexibility and little restraint/focus. The tool is a blank canvas, and I am sure you can create a good workflow for different needs. The problem is, that you (at least we did) need a single person that first, understands how it all works second, takes the time to create each app and the item-configurations (altough there is a marketplace where you can use other people's templates) and third, explain it to everybody else. The problem comes, when you realize there was an unknown feature or a simpler way of doing things. There is so much that is possible that you might end up complicating your workflow to much.

Love this tool, fully customizable!

I'm using the free version, so for me it's a free project management tool that can be customized to track any type of project or process. I can assign and schedule tasks for any user in the workspace.

Pros

It can do anything! There are pre-developed apps and packages of apps that you can add to your workspace to get started quickly. Those modules can be modified to meet your needs. OR, you can create your own apps to serve your own purposes. I've created my own apps for a variety of workspaces and have found it can do almost anything! So far we've used it for lead development, website development/QA, order tracking, and customer feedback handling. Love that we can assigne and schedule tasks for any user in the workspace. We're a small team, so the free version has been able to meet our needs as well.

Cons

It can be time consuming to figure out how build your own applications. The pre-built apps are great to start with, but then you have to visualize how to modify them to meet you unique needs. Not bad, just a learning curve. Also, the per user per month expenses can add up quickly if you need the more advanced features.

Taylor from Fast Home Buyer AZ

Good process flow tool

We are getting deals and making money, and we are relying on Podio as our current database. I do believe there is a better system developed for real estate investors that would work better for us and support our follow up process more efficiently and effectively, but for a generic database or project management sytem, Podio is very functional.

Pros

I like the customizability and usefulness of this platform. The app-based system allows anyone to use in different ways depending on the different process flows. I like the task functionality and integration with other apps. We use another party to add backend automation which has been helpful for tagging and tracking leads.

Cons

The system goes down fairly often and prevents leads from flowing successfully into our database. I'm not sure if this is due to glitches in our automations or a site-wide problem. The apps may pull data from other apps, but the information is separate. As a real estate investor, I see this as a con because if a lead information is transferred from one status to another (into another app), the information is created again rather than updated in a separate location. If a change is made in one app, it isn't reflected in the other. There may be workflows that could help with this for the field data, but not for notes left of the activity.

Praveen from Accenture

This software has helped our teams to easily interact and work together.

Pros

The cloud-based application lets the organizations to communicate within the company or with another company for their requirements. It has helped us to collaboratively work using a single platform by sharing data such as business processes and project management reports, and through real time communication. Delegating and tracking the tasks has never been so easy! Using this software has improved our productivity and time management. We could build and maintain good relationships with the customer. The best thing about this software is that, it had given us the ability to control who can access the workspace environment, thus adding to the security feature. Since the files can be shared in one common place, multiple email threads and redundancy could be avoided.

Cons

This utility does not provide phone support, which is a huge drawback. The users are expected to always work from their desktop computer environment. The developers of this application are not always ready to change the application features of the tool. The option of printing out the shared pdf, directly, is not present in the current version of the application. The user interface of this application also needs to be updated, as some find it cumbersome to use. If you are checking out for some automation in workflows, you would be disappointed as there are none!

Allison from Conners Sales Group

Great Resource for Businesses

Podio is our main project management source and we love it! It allows us to assign project managers to projects, tag team members that need the information, others to add information they have gathered, copy emails directly to Podio, assign tasks, and so much more. I would highly recommend Podio for any type of business and think it is a great tool that is easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about Podio is the organization of project management. It helps to keep track of current information, copying emails directly to Podio, tagging team members, and organizing the project with information that is useful in my business. It has been such a great management tool for our small business and relaying information that is easily searchable when the project information is needed quickly!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that is can get confusing in the beginning and overwhelming of features. It does take some time to understand the functions of Podio and all that it can do. Once learned it is user friendly, but it is hard to get started!

Austin from Riddle Property Buyers

Amazing Customizable CRM with lots of hidden power using add ons.

Pros

I really like the fact that Podio offers a customizable CRM solution that can be configured for almost any kind of business. The free product tier is critical to test feasibility of concepts and to help determine if the software will support your needs. The GlobiFlow additional service is incredibly powerful to automate particular process flow within Podio and externally. Using GlobiFlow, you can link to outside services and trigger actions based on events in the system. Also critical to my business is the developer API, which allows me to connect my own value added software to orchestrate other business related tasks not supported by GlobiFlow.

Cons

The user interface is in need of updating. Some widgets like scroll bars are cumbersome to use with tables due to a scroll bar within scroll bar effect that makes the page and table scroll in a strange way. Also, some basic capabilities of certain form widgets are missing like default values setting.

Ricky from First Baptist Christian School

Podio. Great Tool That Not Enough People Know About

At our local Red Cross we needed a simple way to keep track of volunteer info and first aid training participants. It used to be a very manual process and being a small branch I couldn't convince admin to spring for an expensive CRM. My search landed me on the Podio website and I gave it a try. What an amazing tool it proved to be. It took a few weeks to get the hang of it (mainly because I had no previous experience with CRMs) but it has now become a central part of operations. We now can't imagine life without it. Now that we have it set up just the way we want it we can now easily figure out how many volunteers have been trained in not just First Aid but all of the other courses we offer. We have an easy way to check the number of events each volunteer has attended over any given period. Using webforms we have a really simple way for clients to requests First Aid volunteers at their events which automatically notifies the people we've specified so following up is now much easier. It has an iPhone app so even on the go staff always have access to data as long as there is an internet connection. I could go on and on but I think I would say my favourite feature is the customizability. It doesn't do everything (nothing does) but even with a free account you can get so much done it's simply mind blowing. Looking forward to the improvements (which have been never ending since we signed up). I now use it at my job to keep track of staff info and again it has become an invaluable tool significantly speeding up my workflow.

Pros

Ease of use Price (free option is great) Very customisable

Cons

Would love the ability to print pdf reports instead of just exporting Excel files

Very Customizable But Poor Integrations

It has been able to handle everything we needed it to do. I wish I went with a bigger name, like SalesForce just so everything communicates without needing a programmer to try and make everything play nice, but it is DEFINITELY cost effective and if your company isn't more than 10 employees, DEFINITELY gets the job done. I haven't seen any noticeable upgrades in 4 years, so I'm not sure how actively they are looking to improve it, but at the same time, it is very flexible.

Pros

Anything you can throw at it, it can do. Integrates with Zapier for most other software. Make it an all in one software for everything, not just a singular function (where we messed up).

Cons

It is not natively supported by a lot of other vendors so without Zapier or an expensive developer, you are either ALL IN with Podio or you may have issues growing and scaling. We didn't run into these until we were really big and not being able to automate some of our processes with other software's bottlenecked us.

Steve from Steve Weeks

Transformative Software

Podio has enabled me to completely change the way several companies share specific tasks. What's exciting? Two things. First - get rid of those awful little spreadsheets and put the data where the team can all access it concurrently. Second - wrap around it a neat package of task management, status updates, messaging, voting, and chat. And more. Voila. We have an internet for collaboration that converts office comma from the old "Outlook model" to the new, more open, "Facebook model". The way in which users (permitted users) can edit the system while it is in use - could not be easier. I have been astonished to see non-IT professionals take up serious development and love it. There's much more to say. Let's just say there is hidden depth. It looks so simple and it is, but one is always finding new gems that offer flexibility- such as webforms, or embedded JavaScript options! I think I could build a career in the Podio platform.

Pros

Flexibility. Ease of use.

Cons

Check the pricing model, but even that has been great for my clients who are registered charities.

Giorgi from PMI

Worth the money you pay!

Pros

Podio has been a huge help for the project management purposes as the platform offers highly customizable and flexible settings to adapt even the internal user interface to the requirements/characteristics of the project. What's more, the functionality and the adaption to the external apps as well as the useful add-ons give the platform more functionality that saves a lot of time and effort searching for those in another system. For the smaller organizations, you can start with free plan/trial, however, if you want to take it seriously and benefit fully, I'd advise going for the paid versions.

Cons

There are few cons of the system. Sometimes it seems to be lagging and it's hard to determine whether it's due to the load it puts on the browser and the computer lags or the system as well as it's cloud-based. What's more, for the new users, due to extended functionalities after some time of customization, it's hard to be easily acquired.

Podio app space for beginners

I use Podio as the main frame for our internal communications software. We are branching out to 'share' items to both suppliers and clients that we mark apps and workspaces specifically without proprietary information. This way we can all communicate in a network without causing too much of an overlap in other softwares.

Pros

Javascript based easy calculations fields. Relationship fields allow easy access to 'like' items that don't follow the same workflow. Globiflow integrations opens up 'get' 'post' and'if this then that' features that cut down on tedious work. Podio Super menu chrome extension is extremely helpful for entities with a lot of workspaces/apps.

Cons

Without extension you cannot mark several items in table format. You have to go into each individual item separately (or export to excel update and them import) which is a massive pain.

Abbas from Masterkey

I am an early adopter, and love love Podio's clean-canvas approach to app building!

Pros

- That it is clean-canvas and you can set up basically any object, process, structure or workflow you need - The recent calculation field javascript functions are a life-saver! - I have been using Podio since its very early days (back when you could only add, subtract or multiple two fields at a time). It still had so much value for our process as a services company that wants to track what our consultants are billing. - Task management settings are excellent (even if i don't use it as much as i should, adding, assigning and tracking tasks is a breeze)

Cons

- Being an app intended geeks, it feels like it would be hard to set up initially - Has limited app permissions (for e.g. field-based permissions for different user types is needed for any level of process above basic.

Podio - very versatile and can get crazy with customizations

I use it for my real estate business and run my whole business on it. I have created complex workflows that automate just about everything. It's a huge timesaver. I organize all my contacts, tasks, documents...everything.

Pros

Ease of use - if you are in a common business industry then you can easily find ready-made apps that fit your business practice. Customizable - you can easily modify existing apps and create your own to fit any business need. Automation - you can automate almost any task using Globiflow. If you know PHP you can go even further without using Globiflow.

Cons

Reporting - reporting on your data is very limited and not very customizable. This is a major Con. If you want robust reporting then you have to download your data and view it with another tool. Podio's reporting capabilities are very basic.

Danny from The Magic of Danny Dubin

I love Podio and have been using it as my main CRM and business tracking service for roughly 2 years

I use it every day to improve my business organization. It keeps tracks of my clients, important events, money, expenses, quarterly reports, and anything else. I love the customization of the apps, which allows me to create whatever I want, from CRM to tracking.

Pros

I love the option to customize all of my apps in Podio. I am a professional magician and use it to keep track of proposals for shows sent out, as well as their progresses. Moreover, I use it to keep track of expenses, invoices, and whether or not I've distributed my money to my business accounts. I also use it to keep track of clients, which makes it very easy to quickly look up information. I love that I can link apps, such as my show proposals and client apps, which makes everything flawless. Plus, the tasks option allows me to create reminders for myself without cluttering my own personal to-do list. Plus... it's free!!

Heather from The SISGI Group

A virtual dream

Being able to work collaboratively in a virtual space would not be possible without this platform. The functionality is endless. From the smallest task to the largest, ot meets our every need.

Pros

Podio makes it easy to run our organization virtually by creating workspaces where you can easily access what is necessary for project management.

Cons

There is definitely a lear ingredient curve at the beginning but once I got going I quickly learned to love it.

Hailley from The Collective

Completely customizable way to store and share info across multiple office locations.

Pros

Our company was able to build our database from the ground up, which was very helpful for our specialized company who didn't fit a pre-determined mold when it came to the storing and sharing of info. The tasks section is extremely helpful to remind you or any member of your team about any items to complete both within Podio and externally. I loved the ease of the chat and group chat features, and the ability to send gifs in chat brought some fun and lightness to my day!

Cons

Learning curve can be long, especially depending on how your administrator has chosen to set up Podio before you begin using it. Different people seem to gravitate towards different ways of organizing information, so this needs to be taken into account for complex records and your employees' different learning styles.

Jesus from Blue Squares Creative, LLC

Simply Incredible DIY Database/CRM SaaS Software

It powers our entire business and allows us to create any app, workflow or logic to handle customers, vendors, etc.

Pros

You can create practically any app, workflow, form and logic imaginable for your business. The power sitting behind this software is simply incredible.

Cons

If you have outside users interfacing in your Workspaces, you cannot control the UI experience for them or brand the app towards your company. Also, if someone posts a negative comment, it will exist in your app forever because you can't delete other people's comments. Finally, if you're using private embed-protected Vimeo videos, they will not work on the Podio Mobile app.

September 2016

L.C. from Higher Purpose Realty

September 2016

Customer Support and Billing Horrible!

Podio customer service and billing is horrible! I am so angry that I upgraded to the $24 per month plan and was charged $244.56! The invoice and payment receipt came in at the same time without giving any notice that the $24 plan that I signed up for was now up to over $200. The customer chat said I could request a phone call to get the issue resolved, however, no one ever called. The email resolution department was NO help! All they could say was it would be corrected on the next billing cycle. I need it corrected Now! Had I wanted to spend that much per month I would have signed up for the 5 person $120 per month plan. No phone support to assist customers and extremely disappointing customer service.

Pros

I like the program but not for $250 per month when I am the only person in my organization

Cons

NO PHONE SUPPORT! Although they tell you that you may request phone contact if you have a billing problem. There is No phone support.

Manuel from Latinos in Real Estate

The best CRM and working software

Pros

It is amazing how it can integrate with so many things, send emails, sms, signatures. The files can be organized with just a click. It is also suitable for any type of business sin it can be customize. At a good price

Cons

Extremely difficult to set up. Requires additional help to do it

Reasons for Choosing Podio

Because Podio has it all. You can have any type of business in it and your entire team cooperating and communicating on time

Marc from Ter Beke

Industry: Food Production

Collaboration in an easy and flexible way

A significant drop in internal mail-communication. Liquidation of all kinds of extra software tools. All is now in one powerfull search available in a few clicks.

Pros

You can let your end-users build their own workflows, apps, ... The core is an online database you create all tables yourself and it bings together the structured and unstructured info in one view.

Cons

Response from Podio

Replied July 2018

Thank you for the kind review and useful feedback! /Team Podio - Citrix

Andrew from Rush Tech Support

Not the BEST But Very Affordable

Real time tracking of sales and easy to calculate commissions

Pros

You can customize pretty much any field imaginable to build anything you want and need. It doesn't require you to fit everything into their box or what they say you need. Integrated with Zapier it is very powerful.

Cons

You can't search by email address (there are errors with any email that has more than 1 period which is almost a deal breaker. Reports can't be accessed in the app which is one of my primary uses. I have a workaround scripted in my phone, but I feel like you shouldn't have to be an expert to find what your sales are.

One of our favourites

It's highly flexible and easy to use, saves us time.

Pros

* Podio is such a flexible solution. It's the only system I'd ever come across that let you design your system around your business, instead of them forcing your business to fit their system. * Really easy to use * Can track/store multiple types of data so is flexible to be used in various areas of the business.

Cons

* Importing bulk changes isn't as easy as it could be * Advanced workflows require a higher package, so you're limited with the lower end packages in terms of automation, without using a third party service like Zapier.

Manal from University of Peradeniya

Class Management System

As an online tutoring firm, we were able to monitor and track class progress, share lesson plans and interact live with all tutors through Podio.

Pros

Podio was literally the first class management tool I used during my initial terms of employment. It had all features and functionalities that was required to successfully run an online tutoring firm. It took a long time for me to get a hang of the way it functions though. We tutors all has personal accounts and were able to interact on our classes, schedules, and the progress we are making. It removed the necessity of having separate apps for different purposes. File sharing, Resource websites, reminders on meeting and classes etc. We have real time communication and can always track the progress of each classes.

Cons

It has many features, it takes a long time to learn about it. Otherwise it is really comfortable to work with

Nicolai from Ter Beke

Industry: Food Production

Daily user of podio (professionally)

We use this in IT for ticket registrations, inventory of all the hardware (PC, scanners, printers, ...). In Podio we also keep track of all the users in our organizations, which is then linked to their workstation( PC, screen, ...). Pretty useful to collaborate.

Pros

What I like most is the flexibility of the software. You can pretty much use this for everything (invoices, inventory, user management, etc). It's to be designed to your own desires. Also you can share with external organizations.

Cons

It's pretty expensive I heard, and there is quite a lot of slowness in podio (downtime). But mostly fixed very fast.

Katie from A-C Electric Company

Industry: Oil & Energy

Podio Is Powering Progress At Our Firm

Pros

The ease and ability to customize and develop this platform is what makes this product superior to all of the others that we've tried. We currently have 5-6 entirely different use cases for Podio in our company from tracking heavy equipment to talent development to the RSVP management system for our company parties and picnics. It really is ridiculously simple to create a workspace with workflows and reporting views. It is also extremely helpful that the cost of the licensing is so low and the terms of the licensing are flexible. I can't say that I've had to deal with Podio as a vendor other than the initial set-up because the product has run so smoothly.

Cons

I wish that the reporting was a bit more robust. In the past, our team has wanted to do some projection reporting and Podio just doesn't seem equipped to do what we are looking for.

Highly flexible CRM

Pros

Podio is ideal for small to medium sized businesses. It's highly flexible, letting you adjust the CRM to suit your business and language. It's really easy to use, so internal adoption is easy and you can use it for managing so much more than just CRM. It's easy to create new apps and templates and you can modify these on the fly.

Cons

Any advanced features require extensions and/or the premium version to have access to GlobiFlow (which is awesome, but the costs add up for small businesses). Support can be a little slow at times.

Matteo from Studio SBS

The entry level CMS

Optimal if your company is on a budget but wants to have an easy to use and rich software with many many features. Good starting point for any business, we used it for years without problem before switching to InfusionSoft

Pros

Podio is one of the best CMS around. it is basically cost free and allows entire team to manage complex dataset of costumers infos. Podio is highly customizable if you know how to write basic JS and that is perfect for nerds.

Cons

It is hard to manage large dataset. Batch edit is not that simple. If you need a more advanced solution it is not the best option

Sela from Self Employed

Love it

Great. Customer service is hit or miss though. Either they go above and beyond and answer super quick or they suck, dont get back to you and tell you to do something that has nothing to do with your issue

Pros

Super easy to use and super easy to set up to work the way your company needs it to work. I also am in love with the project sharing abilities so that others can follow one or all projects free of charge!

Cons

The app sucks. The desktop version is better but the app still works when youre out and about. Its just not as organized

Response from Podio

Replied August 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience Sela! We'll do our best to make every interaction better for you in Support in the future. We have recently scaled up our team and striving for the best support experience overall. /Sara - Product Manager

Kara from New England Design & Construction

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Our company used podio for about 3 years as a custom CRM. It was reliable, easy, and improved us.

This streamlined our lead intake process, helped us better achieve our sales goals, and took our professionalism to a new level. Additionally it offered us more measurable metrics, some basic automation/workflows, and a clearer sales pipeline.

Pros

The flexibility of the software, the cloud-based nature, and the ease of use. I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Cons

We're ready for a more inclusive marketing automation software that integrates with our web presence as a more robust CRM. This was a great product that served us well, but our business needs are different now.

Zulkamal from Research

Industry: Research

The best choice for your Project Management

Pros

If you are in a dire need to customize apps in your project management system then Podio is the best answer to it. The app will help you to keep your project organized as well as doing customization based on your need. It is a mobile friendly application with analytic report feature.

Cons

Please take your time to understand how it works. Once you did it, you can do anything with podio. In addition, it would be better if we could print report in pdf instead of exporting XL files.

PJ from Ramar Foods

Custom Database with an easy GUI

Overall, this has been a big benefit for us, as we are multigenerational users and I need my more mature colleagues to be able to use a platform like this.

Pros

I love the ability to customize databases, workflows, and project management. We've played with the API a bit too, and are excited to try other integrations with our ERP.

Dustin from Featherston Media

The buffet version of Project Management Software

Pros

The ability to customize Podio to look and act exactly how you need it to is by far the best benefit. We've been able to create "apps" inside Podio for tracking everything we need from support tickets, billing, inventory, projects, receipts, to name a few, and even one to inform clients of project status automatically.

Cons

The mobile app experience for Podio is lacking with limited control of views within different apps and slow response time when updating at times.

Waseem from Freelance

Good product but can be better

Podio is a good enough organization and collaboration platform that we use on a daily basis at our company. It's very feature packed and is quite customizable. My major issues with it though is that the UX is a bit too cluttered and messy and there are one or two occasional bugs. It can also be a bit difficult for new users to understand. This hasn't kept us from using it for the past couple of years though and its ability to hook up with other tools (like TimeCamp in our case) is also a great bonus.

Pros

Feature packed. Customisable. Ability to link with the 3rd party tools.

Cons

Messy/cluttered interface/UX. Occasionally buggy. Difficult to understand for new users.

Brandon from Accord Solutions Group, LLC

Best Ive Tried So Far!

Podio is my go to app for daily activities. Its feature rich and totally customizable. Some of the extensions are a bit pricey, for sure. But you also get what you pay for and it is definitely a solid platform. Ive used PODIO since before it was Citrix. Im a small company and I do entertain other FSM software from time to time... but I always continue to use PODIO if for nothing more than a backup. Its saved my ass a few times!

Pros

Flexibility, Functionality and Integration

Cons

Nothing so far. It has been my staple app for day to day work for several years!

Elsa from Perkumpulan Samsara

Industry: Philanthropy

A New Space to Get the Things Done

Pros

This product has the most minimalist and elegant display, it has so much feature which can be designed by ourselves to make our work space more efficient and simple. Other than that, Podio also helps our office to save the documents safely and make a better security system to our work space. I do love Podio since it also very useful to record and save our latest and newest documents. The security of Podio is a BIG YES.

Cons

It's a little bit difficult to add some friends. The profile page is also too short, so we can't improve our profile description in detail.