What are Clockify users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Clockify software through verified user reviews

1,585 Reviews

1,116

• icon"Aside the great report tools you have i love the simplicity and usability of the interface, both for the desktop and the mobile version."
  • icon"The ability to create projects and assign hourly rates to them was very nice for quickly invoicing clients. The iOS app works great for quickly starting timers."
  • icon"Clockify is easy to use and I love that it is free. For a new, small company like mine, it's been a huge help in keeping track of my hours/job."
  • icon"I forget to stop the timer when stop working. Then time will capture as wrong."
  • icon"But the features are somewhat confusing and hard to edit/manage."
  • icon"I literally just use this to track hours on my own so I'm not sure if any of the other features are bad or not. It does what it needs to for me."

Browse all Clockify Reviews

• Have you used Clockify and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,585 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,585 reviews

Zeynel

Most practical time tracker tool

I use the Clockify for tracking how I spend my time in almost every aspect of my life. I use it not only for work or studying but also for reading, watching or playing and etc. I have two different workspace in Cloccify, one is dedicated for productive activities (working, reading, writing, studying), while other is for non-productive stuff (procrastinating, social media, shows, video games). Being able to track and monitor how I spend my time encourages and motivates me to spend my time more productive.

Pros

It is quite practical, easy to use and create workspace. Its app does not take up too much space in my phone memory. Features of adding subtask for projects, I think, one of the best feature that make difference. The way it offers reports is very powerful. Thanks to so many filtering and grouping options, you can track and monitor how you spend your time, in different aspects. You can have time report by different sorting options such like projects, tags, clients, tasks or name and etc. Beside, you can monitor 3 categories in one screen. Its dashboard section is very effective to provide an insight. So effective that it usually make redundant to resort to report section. Exporting the time report as .csv or .xls format is available. And the feature of importing .csv format makes easier to switch from another time tracker software. Auto filling feature makes it even more practical. It makes possible to create different workspace for different time-tracking purposes. Timesheet section makes easier to add previous time input. Calendar view make it possible to have powerful insight as to how you spend a week.

Cons

I want see time report of different workspaces, in one calendar view and graphics in dashboard, but Clockify does not have this feature. There could be a multiple workspace monitoring option in dashboard and calendar section. Which makes possible to compare the time spent for different works. There could be an option for adding durations without time info. For example; adding 2 hours reading in Sunday, without bother paying attention what time it was.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Main reason was the adding tasks for projects.

Joel

Best time tracking app out there

Overall, Clockify has helped streamline my small business. I no longer have to worry about keeping timestamps in my head while picking up the phone, or jotting a quick note down that I'll forget what it's in reference to later. Clockify has made me more efficient, and more accurate, two things that are wonderfully customer-centric.

Pros

I most love how easy this app is able to integrate into my workflow. It literally only takes me a few clicks to switch gears to a different project. So when a customer calls up and I need to start tracking my time differently, I can switch my time to a new task (before I even know what the task is) and once the customer fills me in on the needs of the call, I can start to detail the clock that is still running, without interrupting anything.

Cons

I wish that their was a report that was a mix between the summary and the detail report. The detail report is everything that you need, but summary gives some great summation which helps with invoicing. The only problem is that you can't see the summation with the detail. If there was either an expand/collapse that could be added to the summary report, or grouping that could be added to the detail report, we would have the best of all worlds.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

Clockify is the best at fulfilling it's main function, then adds features to it. The other apps seemed to require dealing with more up front, instead of keeping the main thing the main thing.

Adriano

Clockify gives you power to control all tasks in any kind or size of projects

Clockify gives me control over all parts of a project. I can focus in tasks that are really important and manage my team easily. Clockify is integrated to my Gmail, Calendar, Asana, Google Docs and Spreadsheets making the work very productive and tasks on each of them easy to control. I´ve tested many other softwares online and desktop, including smartphone apps and Clockify was simple the best option I found.

Pros

Clockify is amazing to control time & tasks in projects. Using a plugin Chrome Browser extension you add a small clock to e-mails, documents, spreadsheets, etc, and can start your timer in any kind of task. Clockify allows you to generate reports on the fly, super easy and fast. At the end of the day you know how productive you are and knows where in the projects you stay. You can easily schedule tasks, interact with other members of the team and track almost everything. The costs reports are a powerful tool, with them you control all the costs of your projects and team members. Using work spaces, you can create different scopes of work for any kind of organization you work. Clockify allows you to create clients, projects, teams, tags, and control the costs & track times of work for every one of them.

Cons

Sometimes, I miss a feature like Gantt Chart but this is not really a problem. I also would like to have a version translated to Portuguese.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Clockify has all the features I need to manage my projects in just one solution.

Response from Clockify

Hi Adriano, Thank you for your feedback and the kind words! If you would like to join our translation process for Portuguese or any other language, feel free to visit https://clockify.me/help/translation and submit your request. Cheers!

Replied November 2021

Chavez

My Overall Experience

Clockify makes it easier for folks at the company I work for and myself to generate a timesheet report for any specific period. Normally payroll would ask us for a monthly time report before they pay us so this comes in handy plus it's very simple to generate with just a few clicks.

Pros

As an end-user who uses this software every day, I'd say it's pretty simple to use and makes time tracking easy. My company decided to replace our previous time tracking software with Clockify just over two years ago and it didn't take long before the rest of the employees began using it. Credit should be given to its easy UI compared to the previous software we used which looked complicated and took some training. So overall I'd recommend this to business owners looking to make time tracking easy for their employees and themselves.

Cons

The only problem I have with software lol is that when I forgot to stop the timer before I sign off for the day it kept running all through the night until I manually stop it the next day. As a Sofware developer, my suggestion would be to learn how the user tracks time through some kind of pattern and show some a notification to let the user know that the timer was left running and silently pause it for them.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Upfront, Clockify was simpler to use and easier to manage.

Response from Clockify

Hi Chavez, thank you for your review! While the web version cannot stop the timer automatically, you can opt in to receive the email if you have a long-running timer. To enable this, click on your icon in the top right corner and enable the option in Email settings. Additionally, the Chrome extension has the option to stop the timer when you close the browser, and also, the macOS app has the option to stop the timer when you shut down the Macbook. We are also working on implementing this feature on the Windows (Beta) app.

Replied November 2021

Hend Abdalla

Track working hours easly for you and your team

Highly recomended for time tracking specialy with part timers, freelancers >> you can produce a detailed report with the tasks as well as the cost in one report, PDF or Excel export are avaialbel even with free account.

Pros

Free version is very good, tracking of time and working time log are very easy and flixable , reports are very helpfull

Cons

Tracker has no uper limit to stop at even you forgot to stop it for days (continiously) Not very powerfull with task tracking where there are no tastk status or team calloperation of tasks, as least in free account

Reasons for choosing Clockify

Free account has just enough features that I need, very simply and easy to use even for non-it team members

Toggle is Costy and complicated

Response from Clockify

Hi Hend Abdalla, Thank you for your review. With the current design of the app, the timer will run until the user clicks on the stop button. As per task status, kindly note that if you are the admin of your workspace and you have tasks under your projects, you can check task status under the project status page. I hope this is what you are referring to, and it helps a bit. If you have other questions please contact us at support@clockify.me Best,

Replied August 2021

Zahra

Excellent for a Free Time Tracking Tool

I use it everyday and my company staff as well. I keep an eye on the work everyone is doing and they too can see how much they are clocking in. While the automatic feature is kind of sad, but its something and I would have really liked it to catalog everything on server like how upwork's time tracker works :/

Pros

The simplicity. The clean interface, no clutter. The free plan offers great value because you can get your staff signup to use it and set their access. The mobile app is simple and gets the work done. Manual and Automatic, and even the break times are great features

Cons

Automatic time doesnt save to server, it would have been great if I could just start and it would lock in my activity according to tasks and projects I was working on. Instead it just saves for a week and gets deleted automatically.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

It just felt easier to use clockify than Time camp and time tracker.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

TimeDoctor was a bit pricey and complicated. Plus I was unable to get my staff to use it.

Ashley

Industry: Writing and Editing

Clockify is the Best Time Tracking Solution for Freelancers

I use Clockify every day in my freelance life to manage the time I spent on my client's projects. It's the one piece of software that has stayed constant for me across my freelance life, from writing, editing, and moderating content online.

Pros

Clockify makes it easy to keep track of multiple clients and the tasks that fall under those projects. As a freelancer with several different clients, Clockify's expense-tracking categories was the only solution that made sense.

Cons

I am an early adopter and browser integration was a problem, but the Clockify developer team has stepped this up with better support.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

Clockify offered the suite of products I needed at a price I can afford. I appreciate the option to upgrade should my organization grow.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Toggl costs too much for a single freelance operation to maintain. I like that Clockify offers free simple time tracking to those who are a truly small business of one.

Cynthia Ⓥ

Clockify is HANDS DOWN THE BEST TIME TRACKING Software that fits your budget needs!!

They are amazing people that care to go the extra mile to provide the features and support a highly active team needs.

Pros

Our team of #students at Assuaged uses #Clockify for our time tracking needs. It is the most cost-effective and #productive #timetracking tool out there! We HIGHLY recommend Clockify for your #team and #training needs! Also, they are incredibly caring people and attend to their client support needs! #grateful #wechooseclockify #startups #entrepreneurs

Cons

Honestly, nothing because it costs a lot of money to run technology, we know this, and the fact that they still cater to their clients by keeping the costs as low as possible, you won't find that elsewhere!

Reasons for choosing Clockify

We choose the other products before Clockify because of the high amount of ratings, but sometimes you need to give smaller companies a chance, it doesn't mean that their features are any less best, but rather that they will ultimately make the biggest impact on your company because you started with them in the beginning.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

The astronomical costs (nickel-and-diming every feature) and the lack of support. Also, the lack of updated technology was also a factor.

Simple way to track billables and other tasks

I got it to measure how much time I spend on tasks as I will be employing others to perform these functions soon and I wanted a benchmark I could hang my hat on: how long it takes me to do it! It's easy to edit and add time spent after the event. Also the reporting is good, especially considering I am using the free version. I'm also conscious that it may well serve my purposes when I do have a team to manage. I shall certainly give it first chance and I expect it will do the job with multiple users, again with little to no leraning curve.

Pros

It's intuitive and simple, I don't have to go through a big learning curve to get decent value from this product

Cons

It freezes up often and pages load slowly (I have a fast ISP and high spec machine so I don't expect bottlenecks)

Reasons for choosing Clockify

I chose Clockify as it has a simple interface and is quite intuitive. It can easily be edited and projects/tasks etc are all very intuitive, which I didn't find with Trello, akthough that may be necessary for some more complicated set-ups I found Clockify ticked all the boxes and was easy to use from day 1.

Alicia

Easy for employees to use

Overall my employees report that it is really easy to clock in and out of each site they work in. It's really easy for me to run payroll reports and to see what my profit is for each of my contract sites. It was easy to set up each site as a "project" to document hours there, put in the billable rate and the rate I pay fro my employees.

Pros

I like how easy it makes tracking my employee's time to monitor overtime hours and do payroll.

Cons

I really hate that I have to pay for 3 users when I have 2 employees and just need myself on their to track their hours.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

I liked the functionality to track my profits. I was previously entering everything into a spreadsheet which has become very tedious as my number of contracted sites has increased.

Beate

Industry: Executive Office

Gutes Zeiterfassungs-Tool

In meiner Arbeit als Freelancerin hilft mir Clockify meine unterschiedlichen Kundenprojekte zeitlich zu erfassen und mit Hilfe der Integration in meine Buchhaltungssoftware kann ich auch gleich eine Rechnung erstellen.

Pros

Es gibt eine separate Desktop App, so dass die Zeiterfassung am Rechner kinderleicht ist. Die Handhabung ist selbsterklärend und die kostenlose Version sehr umfangreich. Eine Integration zu lexxware ist möglich.

Cons

Die Desktop-App zeigt nur die Zeiterfassung. Um den gesamten Account einsehen zu können, muss ich mich in den Brwoser einloogen.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

TimeTrack rundet die Minuten auf volle 5er Schritte auf. Ich benötige eine minutengenaue Abrechnung.

Viet

Great product inspired by Toggl

Besides the basic time tracking, Clockify offers more features mostly suitable for corporate environments, project managers and scrum masters. I had fun using Clocikfy for time tracking, I felt more productive and would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

The user interface is practically the same as with Toggl, so it is very easy to enter and track time. The best of all is the price. Alot can be done with just free tier, so it is worth to sign up and try.

Cons

Sometimes, when I haven't logged in for few days, it takes few seconds to load the whole interface. I understand it needs a lot of data in the background to make user interface working, but anything above 3 seconds is too long

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Wanted to try new products, that offers wider variety of features while keeping to core functionality same.

Dima

How did I ever work before Clockify? ))

I have been using this product for many months and today I cannot see myself and my working day without Clockify. Every morning when I start, I press the button and know that my progress and work are properly recorded, under the corresponding project sections and descriptive headings & tags. If you need to track your and/or your team's workload, you will not make a mistake by switching to this great product!

Pros

Wow, where do I begin! I think the dashboard is my absolute favorite! To be able to see exactly which month I had spent how many hours (and minutes!) working on which project helps me greatly to plan my workload and to priorities. Each time entry can be highly customized by connecting it to the relevant projects, giving it a very descriptive name and tagging it with special keywords. You can also mark every entry as payable or non-payable and for our company, where we use Clockify to pay our employees on a monthly basis, this and the rest of the features are indispensable!

Cons

Sometimes the browser tab crashes or when I start/stop the timer, the command does not go through. But that happens only 5% of the time so overall it is not a crisis.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

Pricing definitely, and the features offered for that price.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Pricing of Toggl was much higher than that of Clockify, but the features offered were basically the same.

harel

Easy to use time tracker

For our uses, the app is a good balance between free to use a multi-functionality system. Though, even in free plan, some improvements would be good :).

Pros

The chrome extension makes life easier! Also, the reports generated from the web app are helpful with analyzing time consuming tasks.

Cons

The mobile app wasn't always synchronized with the web app. An option to add users that cannot edit time tracking is missing (at least in free plan) - we use it to track working hours for a client and want to collaborate with them. Location based tracking would be apperciated.

Asana and Redbooth

Reasons for choosing Clockify

As I said, it offered good functionality with no cost added. The UI is easy to use, the web extension is integrated with many systems, so you don't have to enter the task you're working on - it's done for you.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Google Docs was used manually to enter time tracking; it was time-consuming task by itself. Also it was missing reporting and simplicity offered by Clockify.

João

The best by far for personal projects or Independant Freelancing

Amazing, best could not ask, I would like to make a copy cat of this one just for fun, that is how good it is. Really good work guys. If you want more business though, maybe have 2 different models one for personal project / freelancers and another for companies so they could track people's hours in a legit form(track editing and how edited, team user accounts all that)

Pros

Really really easy and intuitive to use, plus the right features for billing and calculating the time spent on a project.

Cons

It is not that I do not like, it is simply that Jibble is the tool for companies employees sign-ins and outs, Clockify wins in how fast and adjustable it is for independent workers but loses with companies who need the closest to the most legit form of tracking employees hours. In that sense never noticed Clockify being careful about that.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

"I do remember now that Clockify has some really nice team features on how to attribute someone to a project, but again the tracking part they do not have it, that is all." It is just fast and efficient to edit and count hours and even see how much I would have to bill, the graphs are perfect and far far far better than the ones at Jibble to see in day/week/monthly analysis of each project. Just what I need. Seriously intuitive and efficient. By far the best tool

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Too slow, it is definetely for companies, I needed a milestone tracking tool, Clockify is perfect for that(counting hours spent, give a value to each hour, ... personal goals and project goals) I do remember now that Clockify has some really nice team features on how to attribute someone to a project, but again the tracking part they do not have it, that is all.

Aimee

A real lifesaver

I discovered Clockify some time ago when a client wanted to see if there were any time tracking pieces of software he could use. I didn't use it then, but when our time tracking software turned into a frustrating mess of lost time entries, slow loading, and mis-calculated weekly times, I gave it a shot. Best decision I ever made for our team.

Pros

- Ease of use - Ability to set up and customize lots of options - Works well on multiple platforms - Has extensions and apps - Quick & light

Cons

- I wish there were the slightest bit more features in terms of clients vs projects, like the ability to assign people to whole clients rather than just projects, as well as the ability to bulk assign someone (like a page of checkboxes) to projects - I wish there were more integrations as well, such as with Freshbooks for invoicing

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Freshbooks pushed us into a "new Freshbooks" account, which was a vastly different time tracking interface. Freshbooks clearly hadn't tested this interface (or the corresponding app that went with it), because time entries would disappear, error out, or never get logged. App would crash and had all kinds of bugs, along with the desktop interface. After many of our users were on support with them with no resolution, we decided to take our time tracking elsewhere.

Response from Clockify

Thanks for the kind words, Aimee! In Clockify client category is always connected to the project and cannot work independently. But, perhaps settings up tags for your clients could help you out. Also, creating groups can be useful for managing projects easily. Heres the link: https://clockify.me/help/users/user-groups And we plan the integration with Quickbooks for invoicing. Cheers!

Replied January 2020

Meghan

Straightforward Time Tracking Software -- Easy to Learn, Easier to Use

As a software developer working on small projects while putting myself through school, I have to be very careful with how I manage my time. Clockify provides me with a great solution to keep myself accountable for my waking hours. With its feature to add clients, I'm able to record the time I spend studying separately from my work hours by listing my education institution under one client and my contracts under their own respective clients. The reporting feature is insightful in breaking down my time by my desired filters (date, client, project, task, etc.). It enables me to keep my clients happy with accurate progress reports and estimated completion dates as well as help me gauge my progress in my school's curriculum. Tracking my time using Clockify has definitely kept my life on track!

Pros

There are two features that really stand out when it comes to Clockify. The first being its compatibility across a number of devices. I can track my time via the web app or desktop app while working from my home office, then just as easily use the mobile app to record how long I've spent working on my train ride into the city, all without having to worry about issues with syncing between my devices. The second feature that I absolutely love about Clockify is how granular it allows you to be when tracking your activities. You have complete control with the ability to create clients, assign projects to those clients, and even generate tasks within each project. And when it's time to use the tracker, just pick which project you want to track from the drop-down. The projects are separated by clients with submenus for each project displaying that project's tasks. You even have the option to add further description in the 'What are you working on?' field. This level of detail is critical when it comes to recording my time for invoicing purposes. On the other hand, if you need to just record the time and fill in the details later — you can do that too!

Cons

I notice that sometimes the software can lag when I make edits to my clients, projects, tasks, etc. This happens maybe once every two to three weeks and it never gets in the way of actually recording my time, it can just get annoying if I'm trying to do cleanup or reporting on the app when it decides to lag in saving changes.

Emiel

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Pros

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Cons

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Harvest, Freedcamp and MeisterTask

Reasons for choosing Clockify

Good free plan and a non-user based premium model. We are unable to afford a user based plan as the added value per user is very low.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Pricing was ridiculous. We are a manufacturer and use a lot of different students to make our products. We use the app to let them keep track of what they make. It was not feasible to pay per user as the added value is to low on a per-user base. We ware looking for an app that did not charge per user!

Zack

A very easy to use time tracker to cover many projects as a freelancer

I previously used Toggl, which I like just fine, but was a bit limited on the free version, and I didn't like the interface that much. I tried Clockify just to see how it would go, and so far I like it and am sticking with it for the near future.

Pros

The interface is nice, the reports get me what I need for invoicing. I can tag any recorded time as billable or not billable and even enter the dollar amount. I tag entries for specific clients or types of work with various colors which helps differentiate entries. The weekly emailed report helps me make sure my time is on point.

Cons

I didn't find the Windows desktop tool all that helpful, I just use the web interface. It's not as streamlined to create a new project or client easily. I have to type a project name (which doesn't exist) then I can create it on the fly, but with no details such as setting the color or client. So I have to go to another part of the interface, track down this new project so I can set the client and color, etc. I wish I could set up all the details about project and client directly from the time-entry page and not have to go around the interface to finish adjusting it. I don't really care for tracking precise start and stop times separately. Each time I have to stop and start a particular project time, it creates another entry. I prefer a generic single timer that accumulates, rather than a bunch of sub-time-entries like 10:34-10:45, 11:02-11:18, 12:50-1:42. This doesn't do much for me. I just want a single timer that says I worked 3.4 hours or whatever. But this is pretty minor thing. I can ignore all the sub-entries for the most part. But where this gets ugly is when I want to come back and enter time manually. If I need to adjust times, it's nearly impossible because I don't want to create time entries that overlap with existing entries. There is a lot of fudging numbers around so I can line up my projects.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Features and interface mostly, but reporting and other little things.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for the review Zack. When you enable the group similar time entries in your profile settings all your subentries will be grouped into one as long as they share the same description project and tag.

Replied September 2019

Karie

Easily track and report on all your time

I track billable hours for multiple client projects, breaking down tasks to get the best sense of where I spend my time. For my flat-fee retainer clients, this allows me to see where my time is going to make sure my time is best spend and those arrangements are profitable. For my hourly-billed clients, this lets me accurately bill clients for time spent on their projects.

Pros

So easy to use! I have it bookmarked so I can quickly start time tracking new tasks - whether that's billable time, on non-billable time. I like that I can set up specific tasks but also include notes with specific time entries.

Cons

Being free to use, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about! I'm able to do everything I need to track and report my time.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

I first tried TSheets because it has a direct integration to QuickBooks for billing, but I found Clockify to be a better user experience.

Straighforward time tracker

As I work on multiple projects at the same time it is usually very difficult to pinpoint how time is spent during a regular working day. After starting using the app regularly i.e. having a tab regularly open and using Android app always when on the go (meetings, etc.) I got a clear picture of how time is spent and which projects are regularly taking "invisible time" ie. time that is not billed. After setting up basic projects and tagging each activity with a project I can get basic overview of how I am spending my time at a glance. I don't need to submit my time sheet to anyone, so I am not using the reports as much, but I see this as a very useful feature for freelancers. The user interface is simple and focuses on one single thing - and switching between the web app - tab in the browser and the app on the phone is without any problems. Another thing worth mentioning is integration with gmail - so each time I get something via email that will take more than 2 min to complete I could just click on the button within the gmail and start tracking time for that task - for me it meant really understanding how much all those "little tasks" actually take. In a way I also use this as a log for what I've done and to see if I am meeting the goals I set to myself such as 'spending more time on product development instead on operational things', since at the end of a week you have a clear view of whether you actually did what you've said you would focus on.

Pros

Simplicity - It's a straightforward time tracking app that one actually uses. After trying different apps that I usually forgot to use regularly, or that offer too few or too many features I stumbled upon this app that is easy to use, offer just the features that you need (such as projects, analytics) and that are easy to use both through web browser and on the phone I finally managed to keep track of the time spent during the day over different projects. If you click on any task that you previously tracked it will start another tracking instance which is really beneficial for repetitive tasks and tasked stopped due to interruptions.

Cons

Editing of time entries (when you forget to stop the timer or to start it again when you start working on a new task) are the only things I see as potential area to be further developed (such as splitting the task into two etc.) for the way I use the app. I must admit I have not used the teams feature,although it seems worth exploring.

Simeón

Nice way to keep track on your time

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product. So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Pros

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation. On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select each entry and decide if it will be billable to the customer or not by just hitting another button. A really useful feature on Clockify is that you can set by default a billing price for your time, but also you're able to set a specific price per project, so when you set billable time to any project, it will apply the specific price in case it is set or the default one in the other case. The dashboard section is also quite nice, but less useful, but anyway it shows some interesting info such as total time worked, or total earnings, most active projects and so on. Then maybe the most interesting feature are the reports since are the ones that allows you to collect all the generated data. They are really flexible and allows a wide variety of different results by using the filters and the data are really well presented using some charts and tables. And to finish, a nice feature is the ability of have shared projects with more people, this way you can log the time of the whole team and being able to decide if the time is billable or not, allows you some interesting posibilities.

Cons

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project. Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible. I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Gabrielle

Clocking in has never been easier!

Our business went from tracking hours on a notepad to this incredible program. What a tremendous difference it has made! Convenient, efficient, and looks very trendy!

Pros

This software is so convenient and easy to use! The look is sleek and trendy, and the features are simple enough for all employees to understand. This is not only the best software I have found (upon hours of research), but it's FREE! Our business went from tracking hours on a notepad to this incredible program. What a tremendous difference it has made! It's free AND it allows us to clock in and clock out for specific hours/days instead of the traditional timer. Most of the other programs we considered are a pay-by-user. Also, the other programs we considered only had options to start a timer or fix time for that day. However, Clockify allows us to enter time manually for weeks previous, days in advance, etc. We have found that the reports are customizable on Clockify where other programs did not allow us to customize dates.

Cons

What's NOT to like about this software? It's amazing!

Hubstaff

Subash

Simple Yet Effective & Efficient Time Tracking Tool

Clockify has helped my organisation in a big way by simplifying & making the time tracking task efficient and reliable. From the time we have moved from another time tracking to Clockify - we might have saved a lot of time slippages being tracked appropriately and has saved us a lot of time and effort in time tracking, auditing, reporting and billing activities.

Pros

1. Super simple time tracking tool - it's very easy to use & very quickly anybody can pick it up - useful when onboarding a new employee. 2. Enables effective management of housekeeping tasks for team leads & managers - like attendance, time sheets, etc. 3. Easy tool to bill the hours worked & review time taken on projects and tasks through reports. 4. There is a mobile app as well which enables to track time spent on calls as well - especially when you are a consultant or advisory services provider and spend a lot of time on the phone. 5. You can set up time tracking for specific clients, projects, tasks and assign it to specific employees - this is very granular and comprehensive.

Cons

1. I would have loved a random screenshot taken of work being done as well along with time tracking - this will boost the confidence managers & clients have on the reports & time sheets. 2. Timers some times stops - has happened with me a few times - not sure if its a browser issue - but this is always on my mind to keep checking if the timer is on from time to time. 3. Manual time adding can be an issue as sometimes we have seen that the date selected moves to the current date - need to careful & recheck entries.

TimeCamp

Reasons for choosing Clockify

features, UI and ease of use

Peter

Simple but powerful time tracking

I am using Clockify for my own business, since I would like to track time for my customers. The problem I ran into is only finding tailored solutions for project management tools (i.e. Jira, Pro-Tool, ...) to track time on special platform artifacts like tickets. But, I needed a generic solutions covering multiple clients, leaving me an option to enter billable hours, different rates for different clients and super easy start and stop. From all the years I am working, the true superb attribute of an awesome time tracking app is a ultra simplistic way to start and stop tracking. No one wants to spent time on this task. Clockify is providing me everything I would like to have in a time tracking application - this is why I love it!

Pros

Clockify has a super slick design with a very cleaned up user interface. It allows a user to enter billable and non-billable hours. You can have multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. Each client can have a different rate you work for. You can very easily modified entries you made wrong (especially useful to make it always to quarter hours or half hour trackings). The reports are absolutely sufficient for me. it helps me also to track down problems with my time tracking (low hours, no project assigned). Just recently I found out, that there is an app (not only the browser version). This makes it even more easy to use Clockify. I am really looking forward using it for my whole company next month!

Cons

It should have a setting to setup a default tracking (default customer, default billable, ...). Maybe even a small toggle to check "default", which will setup the time tracking with this default setup. Actually, the reporting also is confusing in the beginning, since it shows the result of all hours worked for a month, when actually I have the filter setup for a single client. Not sure if this is on purpose. The export as a file provides me the freedom I want anyways. Clockify is taking the system time for tracking. And since I use Ubuntu and Windows, they both always set my timezone wrong (I live in Cyprus). Windows sets it 2 hours behind, Ubuntu to the front. Unfortunatly, I very often switch between them. So, it would be more handy using a backend call and starting the timer, tracking a UTC timestamp. And when stopping the timer, another call stop the timer in the backend, again UTC time. Then the times wouldn't be off. I do not like it least of the software, but having a break gap option would be ace.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for the feedback, Peter! If you're using the browser extension, you can set a default project there. You can also set a default project's billable status in the project's settings (and in the workspace settings for all new projects). If you're having issues with filters not applying correctly, please contact us at support@clockify.me and we'll figure it out. As for the time zones, Clockify uses three time zones to record and display time values at the moment: Your computer¿s system time zone (when you record time) UTC (stored in the database) Time zone in User Settings (when displaying recorded time) When you record time in Clockify (eg. when you start a timer), your system time is used. Then, Clockify converts that time to UTC and sends the converted value to the server. When you later view the time in reports, the time zone from your User Settings is used.

Replied February 2019