All Clockify Reviews

Torre

Information Technology and Services, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Works exactly like you'd hope, feature-rich, and has helped us realize profits

Hend Abdalla

Reviewed August 2021

Track working hours easly for you and your team

Highly recomended for time tracking specialy with part timers, freelancers >> you can produce a detailed report with the tasks as well as the cost in one report, PDF or Excel export are avaialbel even with free account.

PROS

Free version is very good, tracking of time and working time log are very easy and flixable , reports are very helpfull

CONS

Tracker has no uper limit to stop at even you forgot to stop it for days (continiously) Not very powerfull with task tracking where there are no tastk status or team calloperation of tasks, as least in free account

Reason for choosing Clockify

Free account has just enough features that I need, very simply and easy to use even for non-it team members

Toggle is Costy and complicated

Hi Hend Abdalla, Thank you for your review. With the current design of the app, the timer will run until the user clicks on the stop button. As per task status, kindly note that if you are the admin of your workspace and you have tasks under your projects, you can check task status under the project status page. I hope this is what you are referring to, and it helps a bit. If you have other questions please contact us at support@clockify.me Best,

Replied August 2021

Ahmed

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Great software

PROS

Easy to use, can use from any device with internet

CONS

I didn’t like that the app freezes sometimes

Hi Ahmed, Thank you for your review. In regards to the app freezing, would you kindly contact us at support@clockify.me so we can investigate the issue?

Replied April 2024

Machinery, 1 employee

Still Like another one

I would use homebase over clockify any day of the week

PROS

great with time tracking but that is it.

CONS

i wouldn't use this daily and not because i have use another's. it because the people that work with me would be asking question all the time.

Hello Jennifer, Thanks for the review! In case people that work with you have any questions regarding Clockify, you can always reach out to the Support Team at support@clockify.me for any assistance regarding the app. Cheers,

Replied February 2024

Chetnya

Reviewed January 2024

Highly recommended toll for time tracking of Team

PROS

Easy of Use Mobile App for ready access to the timesheet.

CONS

User role in paid option only. Task Management and Project management should be clubbed in Clockify instead of their other tools.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Better solution and Easy to Use. Simply integrated and user-friendly tool to book timings.

High reliability End-user control and access Report Extraction

Hussain

Computer Hardware, 51-200 employees

Clockify Review

Wonderful. I would recommend any small or mid size company to adapt this system

PROS

It shows strengty of the company and also how active is the orhanization. Very.simple to operate.

CONS

Sometime on real time management, it takes little longer. Here we need to improve

Katie

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Clockify Review

Been very happy with Clockify and look forward to using it for a while.

PROS

Timesheet style design. Good user interface.

CONS

Reports are sometimes hard to figure out.

Thank you for your kind feedback, Katie! We are glad to hear you're enjoying Clockify. Cheers!

Replied April 2024

Rene

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Great for time tracking

We used it to track our technicians work hours and used it to bill our clients. It work well but we could not integrate it and needed to export to excel

PROS

Good time tracking options, nice export options

CONS

Minimal integrations, and billing options

Thank you for the feedback! If you have any recommendations you would like to leave as possible improvements, I would recommend checking out our feedback link: https://clockify.me/feedback Cheers!

Replied March 2024

Kevin

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Clockify Time Tracking Review

PROS

Clockify's feature to assist us with time tracking based on various tasks in need of completion throughout the working week is the most beneficial feature for our needs.

CONS

Clockify can work to develop a more interactive / user friendly experience for new users. Overall, it's a great resource to assist with time tracking needs.

Kathy

Government Administration, 2-10 employees

Simple Time Tracker - Free Version is All I Need

It's been a good experience overall. I had tracked time in a notebook previously and I prefer to have an online record, so it's been a nice tool to enhance my freelance business.

PROS

I love that the free version provides what I need as an individual freelancer who splits jobs throughout the week - I am using bits of time here and there so it's helpful to have something online where I can track. I felt like it was easy to get started and simple to use.

CONS

I've had some difficulty navigating the Kiosk feature - it seems more clunky than other features of the software. It was unnecessarily confusing - finding buttons and using it in addition to the other features was my one complaint about learning Clockify.

qasm

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Clockify

PROS

One of its pros is the customizable interface, and the thing I like is the ease of using the application

CONS

The only drawback is that the application is limited to specific features

Alex

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Clockify Review

PROS

It's a top-notch time and attendance system. Ability to track hours, plan projects, and handle invoices/budgets. Affordable pricing compared to others.

CONS

I initially found it challenging to navigate through the reports and dashboard, but over time, I got the hang of it, and it became easier for me to navigate within the application.

Aimee

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A real lifesaver

I discovered Clockify some time ago when a client wanted to see if there were any time tracking pieces of software he could use. I didn't use it then, but when our time tracking software turned into a frustrating mess of lost time entries, slow loading, and mis-calculated weekly times, I gave it a shot. Best decision I ever made for our team.

PROS

- Ease of use - Ability to set up and customize lots of options - Works well on multiple platforms - Has extensions and apps - Quick & light

CONS

- I wish there were the slightest bit more features in terms of clients vs projects, like the ability to assign people to whole clients rather than just projects, as well as the ability to bulk assign someone (like a page of checkboxes) to projects - I wish there were more integrations as well, such as with Freshbooks for invoicing

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Freshbooks pushed us into a "new Freshbooks" account, which was a vastly different time tracking interface. Freshbooks clearly hadn't tested this interface (or the corresponding app that went with it), because time entries would disappear, error out, or never get logged. App would crash and had all kinds of bugs, along with the desktop interface. After many of our users were on support with them with no resolution, we decided to take our time tracking elsewhere.

Thanks for the kind words, Aimee! In Clockify client category is always connected to the project and cannot work independently. But, perhaps settings up tags for your clients could help you out. Also, creating groups can be useful for managing projects easily. Heres the link: https://clockify.me/help/users/user-groups And we plan the integration with Quickbooks for invoicing. Cheers!

Replied January 2020

Dima

Reviewed March 2021

How did I ever work before Clockify? ))

I have been using this product for many months and today I cannot see myself and my working day without Clockify. Every morning when I start, I press the button and know that my progress and work are properly recorded, under the corresponding project sections and descriptive headings & tags. If you need to track your and/or your team's workload, you will not make a mistake by switching to this great product!

PROS

Wow, where do I begin! I think the dashboard is my absolute favorite! To be able to see exactly which month I had spent how many hours (and minutes!) working on which project helps me greatly to plan my workload and to priorities. Each time entry can be highly customized by connecting it to the relevant projects, giving it a very descriptive name and tagging it with special keywords. You can also mark every entry as payable or non-payable and for our company, where we use Clockify to pay our employees on a monthly basis, this and the rest of the features are indispensable!

CONS

Sometimes the browser tab crashes or when I start/stop the timer, the command does not go through. But that happens only 5% of the time so overall it is not a crisis.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Pricing definitely, and the features offered for that price.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Pricing of Toggl was much higher than that of Clockify, but the features offered were basically the same.

Adriano

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Clockify gives you power to control all tasks in any kind or size of projects

Clockify gives me control over all parts of a project. I can focus in tasks that are really important and manage my team easily. Clockify is integrated to my Gmail, Calendar, Asana, Google Docs and Spreadsheets making the work very productive and tasks on each of them easy to control. I´ve tested many other softwares online and desktop, including smartphone apps and Clockify was simple the best option I found.

PROS

Clockify is amazing to control time & tasks in projects. Using a plugin Chrome Browser extension you add a small clock to e-mails, documents, spreadsheets, etc, and can start your timer in any kind of task. Clockify allows you to generate reports on the fly, super easy and fast. At the end of the day you know how productive you are and knows where in the projects you stay. You can easily schedule tasks, interact with other members of the team and track almost everything. The costs reports are a powerful tool, with them you control all the costs of your projects and team members. Using work spaces, you can create different scopes of work for any kind of organization you work. Clockify allows you to create clients, projects, teams, tags, and control the costs & track times of work for every one of them.

CONS

Sometimes, I miss a feature like Gantt Chart but this is not really a problem. I also would like to have a version translated to Portuguese.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Clockify has all the features I need to manage my projects in just one solution.

Hi Adriano, Thank you for your feedback and the kind words! If you would like to join our translation process for Portuguese or any other language, feel free to visit https://clockify.me/help/translation and submit your request. Cheers!

Replied November 2021

Tom

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Great tool for time tracking, timesheet, and delivering professional services.

I've been using Clockify for years, starting from selection of a system for time tracking, adoption and evolution over the years. It started with the right strong points, and matured in other areas.

PROS

Ease of use is the star feature of Clocikfy. It has the right degree of sophistication to support enterprise reporting needs, but doesn't isn't onerous on the data entry side. It is far better than "simply using spreadsheets" (which is NOT really simple due to lack of back-end integration that Clockify has). While its feature set has grown to be truly enterprise-grade, ease of use has been maintained. I've also worked with other sophisticated enterprise systems that are feature-filled but over-priced. Clockify has the optimal balance.

CONS

There's nothing not to like. It makes the time tracking part of the job, which isn't my favorite part of the job, require no more than the minimum effort.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Ease of use in several key areas.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

The overall ease of use is best with Clockify. The ease of entry for consultants is one priority, but we also needed ease of administration, and ease of integration with other systems. We get all that with Clockify.

Simon Haoran

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Best Time Tracking Software Ever

We are a full remote team working on projects for clients, so having a way to track time spent and pay out / invoice using tracked time is very crucial part of our day-to-day workflow. I really enjoy having a working software that I can track time on all of my devices and even have it integrated into other tools like Trello and our accounting software using API.

PROS

We like the fact that just the free feature is good enough for most of our use cases, and most importantly, a full-fledged API that we can integrate our workflows into the tracker so I can track project progress with time spent, help a lot with our retrospective process and refining workflows to optimize time spent, and I can easily grab the time spent on all teammates on each project so I can use to do the payments.

CONS

The Mac Desktop client can definitely use some love, but this is really minor issue, since we now use APIs more.

Reason for choosing Clockify

At the time when I used it, Clockify had the fixed price for features regardless of # of users, so it was pretty clear for me. Because I don't have a fixed # of people using the product when projects come and I am working with more freelancers. It was the best priced product on the market.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

TopTracker didn't have API, so we had to do some hacking to pull data programmatically, and one day the monthly invoice feature broke in TopTracker. I reached out to the team for support but they basically gave me a blanket statement and proceed with not fixing. Even though I still had projects tracked there, I made the switch as soon as I found that clockify also covers all of my needs.

Animation, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

I could not live without Clockify!

Rapid timesheet creation broken down into clients > projects > tasks so I have everything I need if a client questions an invoice. Most clients don't even question my invoices anymore as they know how thorough I am with my tracking, this is all thanks to

PROS

I love how easy it is to add time, you get really fast at doing it as you can either use 24 or/12 hour clock to input..If you do 12 hour you can just put PM/AM after the time.. My invoices and timesheets are in the same place and I've been using it for a while now so I've got really fast at adding my time. You can even label invoices as 'Unsent' - 'Sent' - 'Paid' and they're color coded so you literally never miss an unpaid invoice again. Invoice automatically adds address you've set the client up with so you never have to remember to add address to the invoice..I've scrambled around trying to find address of a business, but if you have repeat clients you'll only have to ever do this once. The time I'm saving in admin is worth every penny of the subscription!

CONS

The invoicing feature is missing the payment details. Luckily there's a notes part which I've been using, problem is you have to remember to copy and paste your payment details every time you create a new invoice. There's been times where

Reason for choosing Clockify

As I am a single person, I thought Clockify looked the easiest and the free version helped me assess how I'd use it..I was really impressed so I purchased a subscription. The alternatives seemed more geared towards huge businesses with larger teams so the interface was a lot more complicated..Clockify can be as complex as you want it to be and definitely does an amazing job at hiding the complexity if you don't need it.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Best software to choose for freelancer

I've been using Clockify for more than two years now. I tried other software before but this one was the best at that and still is. If you, like me have simple needs, this is the best piece of software for you. Remark to company: please don't grow. If we're using your product we are not interested in ERP. If you want to grow make a separate product containing project planning etc.

PROS

Ease of use, reliability, fast response from customer service even when I was using only a free version of the software. Clean design, very good reports, ability to export reports to different formats. The basic version has almost all the things I need. Application is small, which is a big plus.

CONS

Lack of Polish version of VAT invoice is a little minus. If there were I'd have everything I need in one app. If you decide to implement that, please consider moving invoicing and time rounding from STANDARD to BASIC plan. I don't need managment stuff. There's literally no small and simple time tracking software with invoicing only. Every app like this slowly grows towards ERP system. Please don't grow. Hone the things you have now and make a separate product capable of integrating with bigger brother.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Cost and usless fuctions packed with the software also lack of Polish VAT invoice

Christian