(1,039)

1,039

• Pros

• "It is really easy to use and I love the Chrome extension."

• "I love the ease of use that Clockify has to offer. We grew from a couple people to almost 80 and it worked perfectly for us the whole time!"

• "This is a very useful program, it's easy to use, it has a good price and it's very intuitive and well done!. I made the decision about taking this tool and we are very proud of work with you."

• Cons

• "- No serious complaints - Its a bit difficult to add manual time on the mobile app, though"

• "Some times the UI is a little buggy, or reports are a little confusing, but once youve used it for a short period of time, its a breeze "

• "At times, it's not as intuitive as other time-tracking softwares, but it usually can get the job done. "

Browse Clockify Reviews

Joel from Moxy Technologies

Best time tracking app out there

Overall, Clockify has helped streamline my small business. I no longer have to worry about keeping timestamps in my head while picking up the phone, or jotting a quick note down that I'll forget what it's in reference to later. Clockify has made me more efficient, and more accurate, two things that are wonderfully customer-centric.

Pros

I most love how easy this app is able to integrate into my workflow. It literally only takes me a few clicks to switch gears to a different project. So when a customer calls up and I need to start tracking my time differently, I can switch my time to a new task (before I even know what the task is) and once the customer fills me in on the needs of the call, I can start to detail the clock that is still running, without interrupting anything.

Cons

I wish that their was a report that was a mix between the summary and the detail report. The detail report is everything that you need, but summary gives some great summation which helps with invoicing. The only problem is that you can't see the summation with the detail. If there was either an expand/collapse that could be added to the summary report, or grouping that could be added to the detail report, we would have the best of all worlds.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify is the best at fulfilling it's main function, then adds features to it. The other apps seemed to require dealing with more up front, instead of keeping the main thing the main thing.

Zack from Wallace IT Solutions, LLC

A very easy to use time tracker to cover many projects as a freelancer

I previously used Toggl, which I like just fine, but was a bit limited on the free version, and I didn't like the interface that much. I tried Clockify just to see how it would go, and so far I like it and am sticking with it for the near future.

Pros

The interface is nice, the reports get me what I need for invoicing. I can tag any recorded time as billable or not billable and even enter the dollar amount. I tag entries for specific clients or types of work with various colors which helps differentiate entries. The weekly emailed report helps me make sure my time is on point.

Cons

I didn't find the Windows desktop tool all that helpful, I just use the web interface. It's not as streamlined to create a new project or client easily. I have to type a project name (which doesn't exist) then I can create it on the fly, but with no details such as setting the color or client. So I have to go to another part of the interface, track down this new project so I can set the client and color, etc. I wish I could set up all the details about project and client directly from the time-entry page and not have to go around the interface to finish adjusting it. I don't really care for tracking precise start and stop times separately. Each time I have to stop and start a particular project time, it creates another entry. I prefer a generic single timer that accumulates, rather than a bunch of sub-time-entries like 10:34-10:45, 11:02-11:18, 12:50-1:42. This doesn't do much for me. I just want a single timer that says I worked 3.4 hours or whatever. But this is pretty minor thing. I can ignore all the sub-entries for the most part. But where this gets ugly is when I want to come back and enter time manually. If I need to adjust times, it's nearly impossible because I don't want to create time entries that overlap with existing entries. There is a lot of fudging numbers around so I can line up my projects.

Response from Clockify

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the review Zack. When you enable the group similar time entries in your profile settings all your subentries will be grouped into one as long as they share the same description project and tag.

Andrew from ZoomInfo

Great option for tracking time spent on various work streams

Deployment was a breeze, documentation on their website is excellent, and customer service has been good. For example, a few team members experienced a bug at one point, and after we sent them the details, they offered workarounds and got it fixed in a reasonable timeframe. As the administrator, it requires very little time from me to keep it running and get new team members trained, which is fantastic.

Pros

Most importantly - it's easy for team members to track their time, and the chrome extension means they don't even have to open a new tab to start/end a tracking session. Also, it was easy to deploy and the cost is low (unless you need the enterprise plan).

Cons

There are a couple of features from the enterprise plan that we wanted, but it wasn't worth the difference in cost. I wish there was more of an a la carte option, as I would've been willing to pay more for those features (but not as much as the full enterprise plan, as it's overkill for our use case).

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Much cheaper, and the feature set better matched our needs.

Ashley from FairBloom Marketing

Clockify helps me track my team

This software resolves the time tracking issues that I've had in the past when it was just me. I would find myself putting way more time on one project than the client paid for, which put other projects on the backburner. I needed a way to monitor and control this so I can spend the right amount of time on each client project.

Pros

I like that it is web-based and very easy to use. I can track exact hours for each employee and project to see where inefficiencies are and see how much time is actually spent on different projects to provide better estimates for new customers.

Cons

This is more of a 'me' thing- I have a tendency to task switch often - meaning I will jump from one client project to another because something I am doing with one is related to another. This is only a problem because as an individual, I can't clock the hours for multiple projects at once (but only on the individual level). Another con - the free version is nice but you have to assign projects to employees one at a time and they cannot see what any other available projects might be unless I add them specifically to the project or make them an admin. The paid version takes care of this, so I will probably be upgrading in the near future as I continue to grow. It makes no sense to have everyone as an admin.

Response from Clockify

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the feedback, Ashley! Just wanted to let you know you can use User Groups to assign a project to your team members with just one click instead of adding them one by one. Plus, you can make your projects public so all of your team members can see the projects without having to add them specifically to each project or setting them as Admins (both features completely available in the free plan). Again, thanks for the review, we appreciate your insight!

harel from Simplex

Easy to use time tracker

For our uses, the app is a good balance between free to use a multi-functionality system. Though, even in free plan, some improvements would be good :).

Pros

The chrome extension makes life easier! Also, the reports generated from the web app are helpful with analyzing time consuming tasks.

Cons

The mobile app wasn't always synchronized with the web app. An option to add users that cannot edit time tracking is missing (at least in free plan) - we use it to track working hours for a client and want to collaborate with them. Location based tracking would be apperciated.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

As I said, it offered good functionality with no cost added. The UI is easy to use, the web extension is integrated with many systems, so you don't have to enter the task you're working on - it's done for you.

Niall from Bluestones Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Flexible Solution

Rarely do we go out looking for a solution and find exactly what we need without investing a huge amount or massively adapting our workflow. Once we had out workspace set up, we were reaping the benefits of Clockify immediately.

Pros

Clockify fits right into your team's workflow without having to change the way you do things. The availability of third party intergrations mean this solution can be moulded to fit ino your processes rather than you and your team adapting to the clockify way of working.

Cons

The look and feel of the web app could do with freshening up. Also the reports in the reporting module, while useful, could do a lot more to represent the data.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Primarily we wanted to track time and expense and Clockify had this as their main focus so it made sense for us, we also canvassed opinion from teams in similar situations.

Response from Clockify

Replied September 2020

Hi Niall! We appreciate the feedback. And if you have specific ideas for improvements to share, feel free to contact us directly support@clockify.me. Or leave a comment on the Clockify forum if you prefer https://forum.clockify.me/ Cheers!

Torre from Hooked On Code

Works exactly like you'd hope, feature-rich, and has helped us realize profits

We've had an amazing experience with Clockify, it filled a very needed hole in our agency for reporting on our time in a standard way across all team members. We can easily see where our time has gone in real-time, and timesheets are easily send by just doing a simple export of reports. We recommend it to every single business owner or entrepreneur we meet.

Pros

It is extremely intuitive. It's very easy to create new projects, set them as billable and non-billable, and separate your time so you can easily see how you're spending your time and determine if projects are profitable. The reporting is easy to pull, has great filters, and pretty (colored pie charts!) The free version is extremely feature-rich which means we can get fully invested in this tool now, and as we grow we know it will grow with us.

Cons

The mobile app is less easy to use than the other versions (the tablet version of the app may be the easiest to input time, and desktop is great).

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We tried several time tracking tools and they all just seemed too complicated. We gave them about a day each and when we had to think too hard about what to do we'd abandon it. Clockify made sense to all of our team members within the first 15 seconds. It just works the way your brain expects it to.

Rafael from freelancer

Control over project activities and goals

I´m solving a serious goal question, to spend the right amount of time on each project (that was planned and have a budget). And also a daily goal on spending working hours.

Pros

- It is very fast to use - I can input all my clients and projects - Can have a better idea of time spend on delivery activities - Can reach my daily based hourly goal - Can reach the projects time spending and qualify the time spend on productivity I work as a designer-creative freelancer, and the time i work is the money i get. So i must do not spend time on procastination or wondering so much. With Clockfy my freelancing job is transforming itself. It is very easy and fast to use, so i don´t have to think so much on any process or table filling. So i can just type the job, click go and start doing.

Cons

The interface could be improved, more soft. I find it a little bit agressive, with sharp corners. Also some functions on project management are difficult to find, and to catch the project - task for measuring, when you have many proctects and clients, is not so confortable.

Paul from Numbered Corporation

Simple and easy to learn while still offering sufficient functionality

So easy! So intuitive! Clockify gives you the freedom to record time YOUR way.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use and onboard. I can immediately create a new client/task/project and start logging time, pause the time log, and then un-pause. It is so easy to track time for each client (or project). Clockify doesn't force you to differentiate between "projects" and "clients" the way similar programs do. It's much more intuitive, and you can just jump right in immediately.

Cons

When you create a new task, it automatically starts logging time. I wish it would default to paused.

Response from Clockify

Replied August 2020

Hi Paul, thanks for such great feedback! We just wanted to check what you mean by "When you create a new task, it automatically starts logging time." Can you please explain this a bit further? If you'd like, you can contact us via this email support@clockify.me Cheers!

Viet from Financia

Great product inspired by Toggl

Besides the basic time tracking, Clockify offers more features mostly suitable for corporate environments, project managers and scrum masters. I had fun using Clocikfy for time tracking, I felt more productive and would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

The user interface is practically the same as with Toggl, so it is very easy to enter and track time. The best of all is the price. Alot can be done with just free tier, so it is worth to sign up and try.

Cons

Sometimes, when I haven't logged in for few days, it takes few seconds to load the whole interface. I understand it needs a lot of data in the background to make user interface working, but anything above 3 seconds is too long

João from Technology

The best by far for personal projects or Independant Freelancing

Amazing, best could not ask, I would like to make a copy cat of this one just for fun, that is how good it is. Really good work guys. If you want more business though, maybe have 2 different models one for personal project / freelancers and another for companies so they could track people's hours in a legit form(track editing and how edited, team user accounts all that)

Pros

Really really easy and intuitive to use, plus the right features for billing and calculating the time spent on a project.

Cons

It is not that I do not like, it is simply that Jibble is the tool for companies employees sign-ins and outs, Clockify wins in how fast and adjustable it is for independent workers but loses with companies who need the closest to the most legit form of tracking employees hours. In that sense never noticed Clockify being careful about that.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

"I do remember now that Clockify has some really nice team features on how to attribute someone to a project, but again the tracking part they do not have it, that is all." It is just fast and efficient to edit and count hours and even see how much I would have to bill, the graphs are perfect and far far far better than the ones at Jibble to see in day/week/monthly analysis of each project. Just what I need. Seriously intuitive and efficient. By far the best tool

Aimee from hasOptimization

A real lifesaver

I discovered Clockify some time ago when a client wanted to see if there were any time tracking pieces of software he could use. I didn't use it then, but when our time tracking software turned into a frustrating mess of lost time entries, slow loading, and mis-calculated weekly times, I gave it a shot. Best decision I ever made for our team.

Pros

- Ease of use - Ability to set up and customize lots of options - Works well on multiple platforms - Has extensions and apps - Quick & light

Cons

- I wish there were the slightest bit more features in terms of clients vs projects, like the ability to assign people to whole clients rather than just projects, as well as the ability to bulk assign someone (like a page of checkboxes) to projects - I wish there were more integrations as well, such as with Freshbooks for invoicing

Response from Clockify

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the kind words, Aimee! In Clockify client category is always connected to the project and cannot work independently. But, perhaps settings up tags for your clients could help you out. Also, creating groups can be useful for managing projects easily. Heres the link: https://clockify.me/help/users/user-groups And we plan the integration with Quickbooks for invoicing. Cheers!

Meghan from Feral Code Philly

Straightforward Time Tracking Software -- Easy to Learn, Easier to Use

As a software developer working on small projects while putting myself through school, I have to be very careful with how I manage my time. Clockify provides me with a great solution to keep myself accountable for my waking hours. With its feature to add clients, I'm able to record the time I spend studying separately from my work hours by listing my education institution under one client and my contracts under their own respective clients. The reporting feature is insightful in breaking down my time by my desired filters (date, client, project, task, etc.). It enables me to keep my clients happy with accurate progress reports and estimated completion dates as well as help me gauge my progress in my school's curriculum. Tracking my time using Clockify has definitely kept my life on track!

Pros

There are two features that really stand out when it comes to Clockify. The first being its compatibility across a number of devices. I can track my time via the web app or desktop app while working from my home office, then just as easily use the mobile app to record how long I've spent working on my train ride into the city, all without having to worry about issues with syncing between my devices. The second feature that I absolutely love about Clockify is how granular it allows you to be when tracking your activities. You have complete control with the ability to create clients, assign projects to those clients, and even generate tasks within each project. And when it's time to use the tracker, just pick which project you want to track from the drop-down. The projects are separated by clients with submenus for each project displaying that project's tasks. You even have the option to add further description in the 'What are you working on?' field. This level of detail is critical when it comes to recording my time for invoicing purposes. On the other hand, if you need to just record the time and fill in the details later — you can do that too!

Cons

I notice that sometimes the software can lag when I make edits to my clients, projects, tasks, etc. This happens maybe once every two to three weeks and it never gets in the way of actually recording my time, it can just get annoying if I'm trying to do cleanup or reporting on the app when it decides to lag in saving changes.

Emiel from UGO

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Pros

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Cons

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Good free plan and a non-user based premium model. We are unable to afford a user based plan as the added value per user is very low.

Straighforward time tracker

As I work on multiple projects at the same time it is usually very difficult to pinpoint how time is spent during a regular working day. After starting using the app regularly i.e. having a tab regularly open and using Android app always when on the go (meetings, etc.) I got a clear picture of how time is spent and which projects are regularly taking "invisible time" ie. time that is not billed. After setting up basic projects and tagging each activity with a project I can get basic overview of how I am spending my time at a glance. I don't need to submit my time sheet to anyone, so I am not using the reports as much, but I see this as a very useful feature for freelancers. The user interface is simple and focuses on one single thing - and switching between the web app - tab in the browser and the app on the phone is without any problems. Another thing worth mentioning is integration with gmail - so each time I get something via email that will take more than 2 min to complete I could just click on the button within the gmail and start tracking time for that task - for me it meant really understanding how much all those "little tasks" actually take. In a way I also use this as a log for what I've done and to see if I am meeting the goals I set to myself such as 'spending more time on product development instead on operational things', since at the end of a week you have a clear view of whether you actually did what you've said you would focus on.

Pros

Simplicity - It's a straightforward time tracking app that one actually uses. After trying different apps that I usually forgot to use regularly, or that offer too few or too many features I stumbled upon this app that is easy to use, offer just the features that you need (such as projects, analytics) and that are easy to use both through web browser and on the phone I finally managed to keep track of the time spent during the day over different projects. If you click on any task that you previously tracked it will start another tracking instance which is really beneficial for repetitive tasks and tasked stopped due to interruptions.

Cons

Editing of time entries (when you forget to stop the timer or to start it again when you start working on a new task) are the only things I see as potential area to be further developed (such as splitting the task into two etc.) for the way I use the app. I must admit I have not used the teams feature,although it seems worth exploring.

Karie from Karie Price Consulting LLC

Easily track and report on all your time

I track billable hours for multiple client projects, breaking down tasks to get the best sense of where I spend my time. For my flat-fee retainer clients, this allows me to see where my time is going to make sure my time is best spend and those arrangements are profitable. For my hourly-billed clients, this lets me accurately bill clients for time spent on their projects.

Pros

So easy to use! I have it bookmarked so I can quickly start time tracking new tasks - whether that's billable time, on non-billable time. I like that I can set up specific tasks but also include notes with specific time entries.

Cons

Being free to use, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about! I'm able to do everything I need to track and report my time.

Simeón from Information Technology and Services

Nice way to keep track on your time

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product. So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Pros

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation. On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select each entry and decide if it will be billable to the customer or not by just hitting another button. A really useful feature on Clockify is that you can set by default a billing price for your time, but also you're able to set a specific price per project, so when you set billable time to any project, it will apply the specific price in case it is set or the default one in the other case. The dashboard section is also quite nice, but less useful, but anyway it shows some interesting info such as total time worked, or total earnings, most active projects and so on. Then maybe the most interesting feature are the reports since are the ones that allows you to collect all the generated data. They are really flexible and allows a wide variety of different results by using the filters and the data are really well presented using some charts and tables. And to finish, a nice feature is the ability of have shared projects with more people, this way you can log the time of the whole team and being able to decide if the time is billable or not, allows you some interesting posibilities.

Cons

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project. Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible. I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Gabrielle from Compass - Finances God's Way

Clocking in has never been easier!

Our business went from tracking hours on a notepad to this incredible program. What a tremendous difference it has made! Convenient, efficient, and looks very trendy!

Pros

This software is so convenient and easy to use! The look is sleek and trendy, and the features are simple enough for all employees to understand. This is not only the best software I have found (upon hours of research), but it's FREE! Our business went from tracking hours on a notepad to this incredible program. What a tremendous difference it has made! It's free AND it allows us to clock in and clock out for specific hours/days instead of the traditional timer. Most of the other programs we considered are a pay-by-user. Also, the other programs we considered only had options to start a timer or fix time for that day. However, Clockify allows us to enter time manually for weeks previous, days in advance, etc. We have found that the reports are customizable on Clockify where other programs did not allow us to customize dates.

Cons

What's NOT to like about this software? It's amazing!

Subash from Optimus PPC Services

Simple Yet Effective & Efficient Time Tracking Tool

Clockify has helped my organisation in a big way by simplifying & making the time tracking task efficient and reliable. From the time we have moved from another time tracking to Clockify - we might have saved a lot of time slippages being tracked appropriately and has saved us a lot of time and effort in time tracking, auditing, reporting and billing activities.

Pros

1. Super simple time tracking tool - it's very easy to use & very quickly anybody can pick it up - useful when onboarding a new employee. 2. Enables effective management of housekeeping tasks for team leads & managers - like attendance, time sheets, etc. 3. Easy tool to bill the hours worked & review time taken on projects and tasks through reports. 4. There is a mobile app as well which enables to track time spent on calls as well - especially when you are a consultant or advisory services provider and spend a lot of time on the phone. 5. You can set up time tracking for specific clients, projects, tasks and assign it to specific employees - this is very granular and comprehensive.

Cons

1. I would have loved a random screenshot taken of work being done as well along with time tracking - this will boost the confidence managers & clients have on the reports & time sheets. 2. Timers some times stops - has happened with me a few times - not sure if its a browser issue - but this is always on my mind to keep checking if the timer is on from time to time. 3. Manual time adding can be an issue as sometimes we have seen that the date selected moves to the current date - need to careful & recheck entries.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

features, UI and ease of use

Peter from MeerkatVenture Ltd

Simple but powerful time tracking

I am using Clockify for my own business, since I would like to track time for my customers. The problem I ran into is only finding tailored solutions for project management tools (i.e. Jira, Pro-Tool, ...) to track time on special platform artifacts like tickets. But, I needed a generic solutions covering multiple clients, leaving me an option to enter billable hours, different rates for different clients and super easy start and stop. From all the years I am working, the true superb attribute of an awesome time tracking app is a ultra simplistic way to start and stop tracking. No one wants to spent time on this task. Clockify is providing me everything I would like to have in a time tracking application - this is why I love it!

Pros

Clockify has a super slick design with a very cleaned up user interface. It allows a user to enter billable and non-billable hours. You can have multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. Each client can have a different rate you work for. You can very easily modified entries you made wrong (especially useful to make it always to quarter hours or half hour trackings). The reports are absolutely sufficient for me. it helps me also to track down problems with my time tracking (low hours, no project assigned). Just recently I found out, that there is an app (not only the browser version). This makes it even more easy to use Clockify. I am really looking forward using it for my whole company next month!

Cons

It should have a setting to setup a default tracking (default customer, default billable, ...). Maybe even a small toggle to check "default", which will setup the time tracking with this default setup. Actually, the reporting also is confusing in the beginning, since it shows the result of all hours worked for a month, when actually I have the filter setup for a single client. Not sure if this is on purpose. The export as a file provides me the freedom I want anyways. Clockify is taking the system time for tracking. And since I use Ubuntu and Windows, they both always set my timezone wrong (I live in Cyprus). Windows sets it 2 hours behind, Ubuntu to the front. Unfortunatly, I very often switch between them. So, it would be more handy using a backend call and starting the timer, tracking a UTC timestamp. And when stopping the timer, another call stop the timer in the backend, again UTC time. Then the times wouldn't be off. I do not like it least of the software, but having a break gap option would be ace.

Response from Clockify

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the feedback, Peter! If you're using the browser extension, you can set a default project there. You can also set a default project's billable status in the project's settings (and in the workspace settings for all new projects). If you're having issues with filters not applying correctly, please contact us at support@clockify.me and we'll figure it out. As for the time zones, Clockify uses three time zones to record and display time values at the moment: Your computer¿s system time zone (when you record time) UTC (stored in the database) Time zone in User Settings (when displaying recorded time) When you record time in Clockify (eg. when you start a timer), your system time is used. Then, Clockify converts that time to UTC and sends the converted value to the server. When you later view the time in reports, the time zone from your User Settings is used.

Quite good but their apps are buggy

The free plan is quite okay for a small agency but still, they have a long way to go in order to compete with the other products on the niche.

Pros

Clockify has helped a lot on time tracking my projects, I get paid hourly so it's vital to have a time tracker on my side. What I love the most about Clockify is that you can track billable hours (they will be converted to $ in the reports) on their free plans. Many other competitors don't allow this feature on their free plans. Their reports are okay and it's nice to have the bookmarks so you are able to share a report link with your clients. The options to group and manage your tasks are quite extensive as well, you can create Clients, Projects, Teams and even Workspaces for your tasks.

Cons

I appreciate that they have tried to go as multiplatform as possible but their apps are often buggy. Being the Windows one the worst of them all, the app logs out every five minutes, forcing me to reinput my credentials. I also need to pay attention to see if the timer is still running when I close the lid of my notebook, even on sleep mode the tracker will keep running, when you come back you might find out that you have been working for 12 hours. Their downloadable reports are not really nice looking, the graphs are often distorted and the typography on the reports is way behind the desirable. Often I find myself manually fixing the look and feel of the reports to give my clients something more presentable after all that's the proof of the work you have done and how much you will get paid.

Response from Clockify

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback! We understand that Windows App needs improvements. Some bugs you mentioned have been fixed, please, make sure you have the latest version. Alsot adding Idle detection feature to the Windows App is on our roadmap. As for the reports, we've recently redesigned them so that they have new, improved look that you can check out.

Maciej from Common Wombat

Great value for an affordable price + constant development = successful software

Great to track time in a small company. New features appearing every month or so are always pleasant news. Great and helpful customer support.

Pros

Pricing scales with features instead of scaling with the number of users. The development team clearly works very hard implementing new features and fixing bugs - Clockify is already much better than when I started using it!

Cons

Lack of polish - Clockify is great, but the devs still have a lot of work to do polishing the app, eliminating all the bugs and providing better user experience.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Most value for a price. Pricing based on features. Clockify is being improved constantly.

Danielle from Real Equity Management

Decent Free Project Time Tracking Software

I am a Corporate Recruiter for about 8 different companies all owned by one Owner. I use Clockify to track time spent on recruiting for all of our companies separately so that costs of my department are shared appropriately based upon use of recruiting services. Clockify allows me to track my time based upon what company I am doing tasks for and then produce a billable amount for each company at the end of the month. Has been a very useful product and has fulfilled my needs.

Pros

We currently use the free version of Clockify's time tracking software for projects. Very easy to use and has a Chrome Plug-in that you can install so you do not have to navigate to a webpage to start or stop tracking time spent on a project. Able to run different reports to understand time spent on projects. Able to set a billable rate for time spent on projects and then run a report to show what billable cost for time spent on a project is. Functions exactly as I need it to.

Cons

It is easy to forget to stop timing projects once you start them. Would like to see some sort of customization notifications or reminders that you have projects still being timed. The paid versions may have more flexibility there but we currently use the free version. Plug-in can be very slow and glitchy. Sometimes I'll have to click on the icon several times before it opens and it is pretty slow to load.

Response from Clockify

Replied April 2020

Hi Danille, thanks for your feedback! In the browser's extension, there's an option to set up reminders so that you don't forget to start the timer https://clockify.me/help/apps/chrome-extension#reminders If the extension is slow or glitchy, try reinstalling it, or clear the browser's cache. In case it doesn't help, feel free to contact us via this email support@clockify.me Cheers!

Michael from Reconcile Bookkeeping and Business Solutions

For free? What's not to love?

I use ClickUp (another great product) for task/project management. And, although it has an internal "time clock", it's weak. However, Clockify was one of the recommended integrations. It integrates perfectly with ClickUp and since it resides in clickup as well, we can start and stop it by task in ClickUp. Kinda remarkable.

Pros

I own a small, niche accounting firm with one employee three time zones away. And while most of my fees are fixed, we often take on "projects" for which we bill by the hour. Clockify lets my track our hours down to any "sub level" I need. It's perfect for me to track my admin time as well, so I know when it's getting close to me needing to hire an additional person. It's perfect for what I need.

Cons

Sometimes the extension and the "in-line" functions seem to argue with each other. For example, if I receive an email that I want to respond to that I need to track my hours spent on, I can click the little "start timer" in the email. However, to STOP the timer, I have to go to the extension and "assign" the time to a task before I can stop it. So, naturally, I dump everything into my "admin" and promise myself I'll come back later and allocate.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Ease of use, simple, integrated, and free. I have no doubt I will use the paid version as our business grows, but for now it's more than I could ask for.

Response from Clockify

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the feedback, Michael! It's most likely that you have Task set as a required field and because of that the app prevents you from adding incomplete time entries without selecting a Task and that's why you're not able to stop the timer. You can always disable Task as a required field and you will be able to stop your entries right away. (https://clockify.me/help/extra-features/required-fields)

Bianca from Addy

Free but awesome!

I am in charge of keeping track of my own hours, I tried other free services but none fit the bill until Clockify! I use the free version and while other free services are extremely limited Clockify has awesome free features that really allows its users to get the job done. Clockify is limitless!

Pros

It’s easy to use and has great free features

Cons

I really like this service, it gets the job done

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify is user friendly and offers great free features.

Graciela from Netsmart Technologies

Great User Friendly Tool for Small Teams and Businesses

I started utilizing Clockify to add some clarity to the work of my company's small 3-person UX team. We wanted more insight into how we were utilizing our time. We work across products so we set up each product as a client, each project as a project within the client, and then create tasks to determine how much time we spent on design, research, meetings, etc. per project. Additionally, we've added tags for greater specificity within some of those tasks. This allows us to see a wide variety of information such as how many projects we've worked on in a given period, how long we spent in meetings vs. designing during a certain quarter, which products demand the most of our attention, etc.

Pros

I love that the software is free, lightweight, and user friendly. I appreciate the multi-faceted organization of having clients, projects, tasks, tags, etc. It's easy to understand and allows for flexibility within the product setup. Additionally, the easy to access reports allow for quick review of time tracking data without having to export to another format.

Cons

I have no major complaints with the product. I do wish that I could have live time tracking on while logging previous tasks, but it hasn't proven to be a large issue.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

The simple, easy to use interface and free version made Clockify the best choice by far!

Clockify saves me time. lol.

We found it took a while to document time with other systems. It's intuitive with Clockify.

Pros

Clockify allows us to see how our time is managed, and it takes us a few minutes to document all of our time a week. Other systems, it tooks us a couple of hours a week to document. Clockify has all the features we need.

Cons

There used to be a bug on the app that deleted some users' data. I'm glad they fixed the desktop app, but the web app has always worked for us.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify had some great reviews, and we were able to set up everything we needed to test on a trial. It met our needs, and the team really grabbed onto it as it was faster / easier to use.

Wahid from Mountain IT

Better value than most of the time trackers

This allowed us to have everybody to track their time instead of us having to pay for extra users (which ends up costing exponentially more). Besides we didn't miss out on any features with regard to the competitors. At the end of the day you'd like people to track their time so it's easier for you to estimate, calculate or see where the time goes. And this allows that without having to pay an astronomically amount of money. If we need extra reporting features we will definitely be upgrading without having a hearth attack. Thank you for that.

Pros

The best value for money you can get regarding the time trackers. I mean the features are maybe somewhat different, but it's not like we had any issue of switching to this. The transition to this was very easy.

Cons

The native apps for desktops and phones can use some improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Pricing is lower than them, but features are just as good or maybe even better.

Elijah from Wahba Group Real Estate

The Most Functional Time Tracker

As a graphic designer, it is important for me to provide my clients with the accurate amount of work that I did, broken down into tasks and projects so that they are able to see what they are paying for. With Clockify this has become less of a burden for me and allows me to invest more of my time into what I do best rather than paperwork or counting hours.

Pros

Simplicity vs functionality is a dilemma in modern softwares, one that Clockify excel in solving. The simple to use time tracker with the functionality of high end time trackers and a very reasonable price tag is what sold it for me. The ability to generate a full report, especially in format that is interactive in terms of date ranges, is a God sent feature that saved me the time from creating multiple reports. The organizational elements such as projects, clients, and workspaces allowed for a clean user experience where nothing is cluttered.

Cons

Besides some bugs affecting time duration, there is nothing that I can not like about this platform. Bugs and glitches are expected from any software, especially one as extensible as Clockify. However I'm confident that the team and developers at Clockify will fix this and improve the software as they have done in the past few months.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

For me it was the price in combination with functionality. Clockify gives me access to tools that I need for an affordable price that no other competitor offered.

Response from Clockify

Replied May 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback, Elijah! Feel free to write to us about the time duration bugs at: support@clockify.me Cheers!

JASON from Asset Insight

Great Product, Great Direction

Our experience has been overall very positive. Clockify has helped us to identify wasted time and inefficiency which has actually helped our technology department reorganize some processing, same money and time, and ultimately get significantly ahead of our product launch schedule. As a side suggestion, albeit maybe not as wide appeal, I would love to see some automatic integration with IDEs like Atom. It would be neat if clockify could capture time the application is in "focus" to auto track time should a user choose to use that setting. Currently we have written our own plugin to do just that, but would love native support.

Pros

The application package is reliable and ultimately extremely easy to use with the desktop applications and browser extensions tying right into things like Trello, Sentry, or chrome itself. In addition, the integration with teams is a very nice touch.

Cons

It is a major source of pain that there is no direct way to contact support, report a bug, nor to request a feature of any kind. There are items currently broken in the application, especially surrounding teams / groups. Overall it is a great product headed in a great direction, but could suffer from not being able to receive feedback from customers. We would be more willing to put our entire company on the application if there was a direct feedback mechanism, even if it had a significant delay in response.

Response from Clockify

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jason! Just wanted to let you know you can always directly contact us at support@clockify.me, we'd love to hear your thoughts. If you'd like to suggest an improvement or a feature, you can also fill out the feedback form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUzxUXgnmvZYU_Ikcmg4Zp8c3EeQlfxTNTXOq1cO8R1wIjLg/viewform And we are available on Twitter, so feel free to reach out.

Wilfried from Self-employed

Great time tracking tool to track the hours of a one-man company

I am very happy with the tool. I comes with all features I need as a self-employed consultant to track hours, manage them and to report to clients.

Pros

Very easy to use and to turn it into a habit to keep track of all hours spent. The best about it is the possibility to set up clients and assigned projects to them. All hours can be linked to the right project. Reports are done very fast as well seperated by client or project. The paid version comes with a few customization features such as adding the logo to the report

Cons

I had to pay to use certain features ;) Besides that, I had a 3 or 4 times sync issues. Time I have tracked through the app weren't uploaded. The UX could be a little bit better and the interface could be more modern.

Response from Clockify

Replied May 2020

Thanks for the feedback, Wilfried! If the sync issues happen again and the entries don't sync after refreshing, contact us at support@clockify.me Or if you have any suggestions you would like to share that could help us improve the UX. Cheers!

Karthikeyan from Mettler Toledo Turing Softwares

One and only solution for your time tracking needs

I have tried number of time tracking softwares and got bored with each one, 1. Some has good features, but may lack in usability, 2. Some has good features, great usability, but expensive, 3. Some has everything more than needed (over engineered), which totally spoils the usability, (ex: for each entry I need to fill a very big form, unwanted notifications, useless statistics) Finally I decided to write my own time tracker, at that time I got suggestion about Clockify from my friend, so I thought to give it a try, I frustrated already and started using Clockify without trust, but I really surprised. It simply works, and solved my needs. 1. It has simple user interface, which gives great usability, 2. Very simple to add an entry, very flexible in time entry, 3. Provides manual tracking and tracking with a timer, 4. Clean categorization, and tagging is nice, 5. Option for making an entry as billable 6. Simple reports

Pros

Cons

Dashboard is not available in mobile version, it redirects to Clockify website if we click Dashboard in mobile application.

Sheila from Sunny Graphic Design

Seamless time tracking

The ability to run reports based on client, task, or category saves me a lot of time during billing because I am able to see how much time I spent on certain categories. For example, I charge a client X amount for consultancy hours and Y amount for training hours. So I have a consulting and a training category. Clockify allows me to run a different report for each so I can see how many hours of each category. The app has been really helpful in being able to track my time while out in the field. It's great!

Pros

Clockify is so easy to use and intuitive. The learning curve to master the platform is almost none. From the first time I used it, it's like you just know what to do with it. You can easily click on the time and update it if you forgot to start the clock when you started the task. You can manually input time or use the auto-tracker. You can put in the description of your task without hassle. I love it! It has saved me so much time when it comes to billing my hours because I can categorize tasks and color code them.

Cons

So far, I haven't experienced any cons with the platform. I love everything about it - how easy it is to track the time or to manually enter it, to run reports, to update existing time.

Simon from Axenu

Industry: Program Development

Good overall, absolutely the best alternative

As a consultant it is important to keep track of the time I spend with customers. Clockify makes it easy for me to track it no matter if I'm on the move or at the office.

Pros

It is quite easy to use and saves all my tracked time. It makes it easy to get an overview of my work.

Cons

I would want a way to set that x hours of a project has already been payed so that I still could select a project and get the total time that has been spent but also the time that the customer already have payed for.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Toggl was not perfect so I kept searching for something better.

Ralitsa from Nordic Light Media

Finally, a simple and easy-to-use time tracker

Clockify took away one of my biggest headaches: having a time-tracking tool that's not intrusive in any way but one that's flexible, simple, easy to navigate and – most importantly – get a sense of how much time you spend on a task every week.

Pros

I've tried almost every time tracker out there, and Clockify is by far my favorite. It lets me set different workspaces and keep everything neatly organized without wasting time wondering what's what. I can easily create a project, add the tasks I need to complete, add a tag or note for the specific task I'm tracking, and start the timer. Even when the timer is running and it sits next to my working document, it never distracts me with intense colors or moving elements that I've found annoying in other apps. The best thing I love about it, though, is how easy I can filter through the reports. This is invaluable, especially when you want to keep an eye on how much something is taking you, so you know how much time to allocate for a similar task in the future. I use Clockify internally, so I don't use the team or client specific features, but it's all readily accessible so it's always there if and when I need to access those features. The other major pro for me is that it's not a software that forces you into an upgrade or limits the features you can use if you're on the free plan. That is something I value a lot as a marketer and user, so if my needs grow beyond using it for my own projects, I wouldn't think twice about supporting Clockify over other options.

Cons

The only minor thing is the desktop app interface, which I've found to be significantly more limited than accessing Clockify through my browser. I love to have all my options in front of me, and the tiny window interface is not my go-to option. But for quick time tracking, it's probably easier to access especially if you're not working in-browser.

Dima from Freelance

Best free time tracking for freelancers

I'm working as a freelance graphic designer with many clients and usually on many projects simultaneously. In most cases I bill my time to clients. Clockify helps me to easily track hours, and later see customised reports to create invoices. Invoices i create manually, i just need to see overall time spend on projects, tasks, and clients. All what i need for free. I was looking for this app for long time.

Pros

It has a free plan, which has 99% of all functionality i need. It has a mobile app. It has a desktop app. Works on mac and windows.

Cons

In free version I'd like to be able to setup specific rates per client and rates per project, because types of projects vary a lot in my case. That's 1% functionality i miss in the free plan.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Main reason -- free plan and 99% functionality i need. Secondarily -- works on mac and windows.

Response from Clockify

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review, Dima. If you're a freelancer and you have a default rate you charge on all projects, you define that rate as your workspace hourly rate. Then if you also have a client to whom you charge a different rate, you can create a project, assign it to the client, and set the desired hourly rate for that project You can find more information on how to do this here: https://clockify.me/help/projects/hourly-rates#which-hourly-rate-gets-applied

Best and easiest time management software

I spend very little time on hour reporting when using Clockify. This makes it possible for me to focus on other work.

Pros

It is easy to use with either the website, extension or windows app to chose from. The software team reply to my questions and suggestions quickly and they keep implementing new stuff. For free! The API is easy to use and makes it possible to integrate my logged activities into the system used by my company. This is also possible with the excel export that they have (FOR FREE!)

Cons

Some nice features are missing (e.g. time audit), but most of these are included in the payed version. Since the payed version is rather cheap this is no real issue. The fact that we're getting so much for free in the free version is amazing.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify had free excel export which made it possible for me to convert the data to a format I could use further. I now use Python to handle the API, but still clockify is the product with the most features for such a low price. And it's very easy to use and has many integrations.

Erin from Latchkey Marketing

Game Changer!

Before Clockify, I had trouble accounting for time I spent working on client projects. Manual spreadsheets did not work for me. I like having Clockify right there on my desktop. This has been a game changer AND really a life changer for me. Thanks for what you do and for being independent. That’s awesome.

Pros

Detailed downloadable reports to supply to my clients so they know how their money is being spent.

Cons

I can’t think of anything. It does everything I need really well. I guess user error when I forget to turn it on and off. Does it have an alarm feature? That would be amazing.

Response from Clockify

Replied September 2019

Hi Erin, and thank you for the review! Actually, you can install our browser extension and set up reminders so you'll get a notification to remind you to track time. https://clockify.me/help/apps/chrome-extension#reminders You can also set auto stop feature in the extension so the timer stops as soon as you close your browser, or you could simply use the Pomodoro feature, whichever suits your needs best. Hope that helps!

Functional and affordable

We needed affordable software for a small consulting company to do pretty complicated time tracking for our projects with multiple clients. Clockify gave us exactly what we needed and is actually affordable.

Pros

The time rounding function - we use that a lot for invoicing our clients. Being able to track multiple projects and tasks within a team and audit the time for other team members. The saved reports and export features. Super useful since we are constantly needing to report our time tracking data in different ways. The free license actually works really well and doesn’t expire (unlike other time tracking apps)! We upgraded when our team got bigger for better functionality, and appreciate it is just one monthly fee instead of by user. This is the most affordable software by far.

Cons

It can be slow sometimes when using in the browser, mostly Microsoft Edge or Explorer. Works fine in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. A few bugs in the phone app, but they got fixed quickly when we reported it.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Much lower cost and more functional

Marcin from OptArt

perfect time tracking tool for our small team

Pros

we used Toggl in the past, though it became pricey for us. Depending on our current needs, we use free and premium version of Clockify and both are working very well for us. There is integration with our second tool - Asana - what makes time tracking a breeze. One more gamechanger for us was possibility to share time tracking report per project/client - perfect solution to allow clients to keep an eye on progress and costs.

Cons

One of competitive solution has taken Asana integration to next level by showing times tracked per task right in Asana, what helps decission makers to evaluate effort connected with particular task faster. Hope that clockify will have that feature soon too! It would be great to have password protection for published reports too.

Carlos from Gaudium

Time management in a easy way.

Clockify is a splendid time management tool, allowing you to track your time efficiently either by starting the clock, watching some actions and automating it or manual entries. Right on the initial screen you can create a Project, mark as billable or not, add tags, select a specific client and start your tracking on that task. You can use the Dashboard to see the time you've spent on each Project filtering by time period, billability and if you worked alone or with your team. You can also see the most tracked activities and the top Project you worked on. In the Reports tab you can filter by almost all information on your tracking, export to various formats, print and share your reports. You can do A LOT of customizations in your Projects and in your Team configurations, manage your Workspace, tags and clients and set limitations to some roles on the Team. All of this on the FREE VERSION!!! It's awesome that a marvelous software has so many free resources! You has three paid plan options that allow you to: Round time, limit what Projects the user can see, set required fields on time entries, lock changes in entries, update your lock date, hide pages from regular users, cost analysis, time approval, create alerts, manage accounts, authentication and custom fields. It has a simple and clean interface where you can find ANYTHING with ease and there's a Help tab with Documentation, Tutorials and Support. Clockify changed my way of work for better!

Pros

Almost everywhere you will see a "Start timer" button. It is so easy to use that you don't even notice. Capability of connect with your APIs and use Webhooks from the start. Clear interface allowing you to access any features with few clicks. Apps for Desktop, Android, iOS and browser app. It watch your use of some apps (if you allow it) so it can automate your entries. Idle time function which will trigger if you get afk.

Cons

Demands some configuration to start using it with proficiency, but in a mid term you can use it with mastery.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

In my search it was the most inviting, clean, direct and with easy start.

Triloky from EVRY

Time tracking made simple

Our billing clients loved it and we too made achievable targets with clockify in position to make us responsible to time. It providds reliable form of tracking and now team can not make excuses for missing deadlines. Also we don't need much of knowledge about it's UI as most things are readymade. Though we can agree on a point that dashboard is not as simple as it should have been, which can definitely change the future course of clockify.

Pros

This has very nice interface and after configuring it makes operation very simple. Making a new entry is very easy and also quick to make work more productive.Billing feature is useful here as you can set by default a billing price for your given time, each project is priced differently, set bill time to project and it will apply the charges in rates it has or the default . We can collect all generated data of reports. Charts provide a lucid view whereas tables enhances readability. Project sharing distributes work and makes work easier, this exactly is the means by which we can log time of our teams and are being able to decide if the time is billable or not. The filters work expected and searches are better.

Cons

The dashboard features have to be streamlined according to the type of work the team is performing. Also there are too many useless features which might not be desired.

Erica from Vivid Bridge Studios

Great time tracker for small businesses!

My overall experience with Clockify has been great! I'm with a start-up small business and this was a perfect system to get our whole team time tracking! We have been using clockify since April and already start seeing results of estimates going over and catching when we've been going over hours in different departments. This also is a tool for our hourly tracking employees to help get more accurate results. Overall this has helped with tracking how we are doing as a company and helping us see how many billable hours we bring in. Thank you for such an awesome system!

Pros

There are many things I love about clockify! But, being a project manager in a small business the best thing was unlimited users for free! We have a lot of contractors and to have them be able to track time under our business anywhere for free is pretty awesome! Some projects we will have 3-7 people or more so it's fantastic that we don't need to pay for extra users every time we have a big project. I also enjoy the fact that you can assign a task to each user as a free option as well. There isn't a lot of limitations with Clockify's free option which was something that I kept running into with other time tracking software.

Cons

The thing I liked least about clockify is how much back and forth you have to do to create a project and task. Or how you have to go to the projects tab you can't just create one on the main page. It gets complicated and frustrating where you need to create a client in one tab then go to projects to create the project after creating the client. I wish I could do this all on one page. Another thing would be seeing the percentage of each user and how much time they have used in each project. Not just time used as a whole.

Response from Clockify

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Erica! Here's how you can quickly create a project and client. https://clockify.me/help/projects/managing-projects#creating-a-project-on-the-time-tracker-page

Andrew from KoCreate Studio

Industry: Graphic Design

Time tracking at it's best.

Overall clockify has saved me tons of time and money!

Pros

The ease of setup was superb, I was up and running in just a few minutes which is critical! Since then I have added on additional workspaces and have further organized my list of clients. The reporting is one of the things that I love the most because it keeps me from having to log and document the work I do for multiple clients.

Cons

I think my biggest con is not being able to restart a project. I know that I can click the project (once completed) and it will auto-fill all of the same details but if I am switching between projects in a day then my list can get rather lengthy. It would be awesome to have it all be combined into one project or to simply be able to "restart" the clock on a project that has ended.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

The free version has been simply amazing. We were able to try it out in the studio rather than having to pay upfront and then cancel if we weren't satisfied.

Michal from I work on my own

Good work time tracker

I like it very well. When I have been searching for an toggl alternative, I found clockify and tested it. Since I have started using it, I'm very satisfied. It has many toggl paying features in its free variant, so I have most features that I need available for me.

Pros

The most positive is the price - it's free to use with many features available. It's nice GUI, where it's easy to find what you need.

Cons

The biggest problem is that some important features are only for paying people. I mustn't pay for extended feature pack because I need Clockify only for sometime work activities and it's too expensive for me for that reason.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I was testing both but clockify is more useful for me.

Samantha from ShineByDesignCleaning

Industry: Environmental Services

I needed something that my crew could use to easily clock in and out.

Either way, I'm a happy customer. Thank you clockify.

Pros

I started with the trial version, and something messed up, I was very upset but a member of clockify helped me when resetting wasn't an option. Not only was I able to check it out again, I decided to become a paying member because of the great customer support I received. The app itself is great. My crew clocks in and out at each job and I am easily able to keep track of hours between each person, hours by week, by customer, by year. Will be extremely helpful during tax season.

Cons

Something I wish this app had was a notification when my crew clocks in and out. I don't know they are at a job until they are done and I wish I did. Right now they have to let me know via text. But this app would be really neat if they had this feature.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Function, Price, and Customer Service response. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money but I feel the price I pay is worth it for the features I use. The girls can easily clock in/out at each job, and it updates everything for me. I like how I can adjust their information and put in their hourly wage so both of us know what they'll be making each week. I would definitely recommend this software.

Dilanka from Jinasena Infotech (PVT) Ltd.

Good solution to keep the track of your team work with proofs

The bird-eye view for the overall performances and the experience is good. Easy to implement and the team adapted the functions very quickly and easily. Information and change management was very intuitive.

Pros

Managing a team filled with Software Developers is a serious responsibility. Clockify made it easy to track the progress of each individual while generating a comprehensive report on what they have worked on and how much of time they have spent with the proof of activities done. This made it easy for the head to calculate KPI based overheads and performance with utmost efficiency. The implementation also was very intuitive and quick. Dashboards and information representation was also very comprehensive.

Cons

I have used the free version but it could have provided some certain capabilities, such as a simple level of users' privacy. Users could not control what they can show to other users. If that's required we have to purchase the paid version - which again is not that reasonably priced. That's the only drawback and unfortunately was enough for me to switch to another application service.

Trent from Greater Lafayette Commerce

Clockify Review

Overall experience has been good so far. Have only been using it for 6 months, but it is the third program we have used and at this time have no plans on changing to something else.

Pros

This program has made it ease to track time worked, along with PTO for our employees.

Cons

The program is a little more costly than some of the competitors.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

The features were better and best fit for our organizations needs.

Jon from IT

Must have daily software

Overall it's a great app to run in the background and help keep me aware of how I spend my time during the day.

Pros

I use Clockify to keep track of time I spend on assignments at work. The reports help me show my boss that I spend x amount of time helping coworkers and y amount of time working on actual billable work. It's also great to show the extra hours I've put in. It also keeps track of timer running even if I accidentally close the screen or login from a different location.

Cons

I use the app differently then most I would guess so the organization (e.g. clients, projects, labels) don't completely meet my needs. The report section is a bit difficult to use as the start of the week is Monday which for U.S. users takes some getting used to. The range picking is also somewhat frustrating. There's no option to pause the timer. You have to create a new entry to pick up again. I also which it supported multiple timers e.g. pause 1st -> start 2nd -> complete 2nd -> resume 1st

Response from Clockify

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jon! You can change the week start when you hover over your name and click Personal settings. Unfortunately, the pause button is not something we plan to implement. This is because when you continue working on something after your pause, the new time entry now has a different start time and the system needs to record that. If it were to "continue" the previous time entry without creating a new one it would be quite confusing.

Andrea from Financial Services

No strings attached

Clockify's multiplatform nature means that you can access it from everywhere, so you really don't have excuses for lagging behind with your billing activities! Queries can be exported into an Excel file that you can use to generate invoices, streamlining the whole process. Plus, it is intuitive and easy to learn (no handbook required), so that freelancers can stay focused on their business, not on their billing software!

Pros

Clockify is device-independent, cloud-based, flexible enough to accommodate all needs that a professional or a small group of independent consultants may have. What I really like about it, though, is that it comes with no strings attached: all basic and intermediate features are free and have stayed free since I started using it some months ago. Premium functions are "nice-to-have" features that you may or may not subscribe to, without impacting your ability to take full profit of Clockify's basic and intermediate functions.

Cons

Importing customers and billable hours from a different software may take a while. But since this is a one-off task, I guess one can live with that.

Simpler to learn.