Clockify

Clockify Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I love the reporting function - easy to send detailed month-end reports to my clients. I've only had to use customer support once, but they were easy to reach and very helpful."
  • icon"Aside the great report tools you have i love the simplicity and usability of the interface, both for the desktop and the mobile version."
  • icon"The ability to create projects and assign hourly rates to them was very nice for quickly invoicing clients. The iOS app works great for quickly starting timers."
  • icon"I forget to stop the timer when stop working. Then time will capture as wrong."
  • icon"But the features are somewhat confusing and hard to edit/manage."
  • icon"I literally just use this to track hours on my own so I'm not sure if any of the other features are bad or not. It does what it needs to for me."

Browse all Clockify Reviews

• Have you used Clockify and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 4,319 reviews

Torre

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Works exactly like you'd hope, feature-rich, and has helped us realize profits

Hend Abdalla

Track working hours easly for you and your team

Highly recomended for time tracking specialy with part timers, freelancers >> you can produce a detailed report with the tasks as well as the cost in one report, PDF or Excel export are avaialbel even with free account.

Pros

Free version is very good, tracking of time and working time log are very easy and flixable , reports are very helpfull

Cons

Tracker has no uper limit to stop at even you forgot to stop it for days (continiously) Not very powerfull with task tracking where there are no tastk status or team calloperation of tasks, as least in free account

Reasons for choosing Clockify

Free account has just enough features that I need, very simply and easy to use even for non-it team members

Toggle is Costy and complicated

Response from Clockify

Hi Hend Abdalla, Thank you for your review. With the current design of the app, the timer will run until the user clicks on the stop button. As per task status, kindly note that if you are the admin of your workspace and you have tasks under your projects, you can check task status under the project status page. I hope this is what you are referring to, and it helps a bit. If you have other questions please contact us at support@clockify.me Best,

Replied August 2021

Amber

November 2022

Easy to use, great

Pros

Clockify is fantastic on its own, but my favorite thing about it is that it integrates with other applications that organize tasks, like Trello. You can set up tasks in a hierarchy according to Client, Projects, and Tasks so it's easy to keep up with multiple items.

Cons

I always forget that the domain is ".me" instead of ".com!"

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Clockify was more intuitive and easier to use

October 2022

Clockify is simple to use

Pros

This software is simple enough to use, but lacks some advanced features and feels a little clunky to manage time. Could do with better intelligent management of time

Cons

I would like to see the time changed so when you put in 8 it recognises this is 8 hours and not 0.8 of an hour. A detail but irritating.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for your feedback! We would like to hear more on which features you would like to see within Clockify, therefore feel free to reach us at support@clockify.me. Beside this, if you're using Decimal format (hh.mm) and type in some number of hours (e.g. 8), this will be calculated as 8 hours. Hope this helps and cheers!

Replied October 2022

July 2022

Tick tock, tick tock!

What cant be measured, can be controlled, Clockify helps in tracking time expended on various tasks and helps in time optimisation and resource optimisation, not only at the level of an individual but at a much institutional level . Having to work against a ticking clock makes me more punctual and productive at work and ensures that I don't deviate and default on my designated tasks.

Pros

Tracking the time spent on different applications enables me to streamline time allocation. The best thing about Clockify is it acts as a guiding star especially when immersed in doing multiple tasks online. Clockify reports can be used as a criteria to judge efficiency and bring about a sense of discipline and direction into one's work on a day to day basis.

Cons

Taking screenshots is not available on free trial options, apart from that there is very little to complain about the software. Often the paid versions are expensive for most other softwares, but in the case of Clockify, that is not the issue, available at an affordable rate.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

The free version is not as good as Clockify and the user interface is much more convenient in Clockify software.

Blanca

September 2022

Clockify importancia

En general es muy buena, podrían existir mejoras, pero es una herramienta que cumple

Pros

Me gusta el diseño que es funcional, fácil e intuitivo, ayuda a tener métricas de horas para distinto proyectos

Cons

que se puede truquear las horas y esto genera un poco de descontrol pues puede ser maquillado el desempeño o el tiempo invertido en un proyecto

Response from COING

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback! Kindly note that you would be able to gain more control over the workspace and who can do what by subscribing to one of our paid subscription plans https://clockify.me/pricing We also recommend you to try our 7 days free trial in order to try all of our features from basic up to Pro subscription plan on this link here: https://app.clockify.me/upgrade?freeTrial=true If you would like to know more about available features or if you have any questions regarding our subscription plans, please contact our support at support@clockify.me Cheers!

Replied October 2022

Joelle

Industry: Animation

November 2022

Clockify is Great for Time-Keeping

I use this product for time-keeping and not much else, and honestly it far surpassed my expectations in that regard. If I were using it more broadly, maybe I'd have more to say here, but I really don't. Clockify was so easy to pick up that I barely had to skim the surface of what it's capable of to be able to start using it effectively for my needs.

Pros

The time-tracking and all it's related features. Also that it sends a summary to my email every week. I like to archive those in case there's ever a timesheet issue.

Cons

If I absolutely need to mention something, I wish that Clockify's workweek would reset on Mondays, though that's just personal preference.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

The company was phasing it out for Cangaroo Chrono.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for your review Joelle! We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Clockify so far. In case you would like to adjust the week start day, this is also possible. To achieve it, please go to Profile settings (upper right corner) and under Time settings, choose desired week start day. However, in case you have any additional questions about this, please do write us at support@clockify.me Cheers!

Kristine Mae

October 2022

Clockify make my life easy

Clockify save my life in terms of organizing thing at my work.

Pros

What I loved about clockify is a very friendly user and not complicated to use even if it is your first time to use you can navigate this app. Also, time tracking helps me to be more organized and productive. My VA's tracking details also help me in terms of computing their work time.

Cons

So far, I loved everything about the app. I'm going to refer this to my incoming clients in the future.

Deepanjali

September 2022

Cost Next To Nothing

I had the best experience with clockify app, it is so easy to use, 100% safe and affordable time tracking app.

Pros

Best thing about clockify app is that it is totally affordable, 100% safe and very easy to use. It can be easily installed in our android mobiles which is very convenient. This app helps me to track time when I am involved in multitasking and can keep track of time I give to a particular task. Great software for time management.

Cons

The only negative thing I found in clockify is that there is no screenshot facility which I think the developers should add if possible. Otherwise best time tracker application.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for your amazing review Deepanjali! We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Clockify so far. I would also point out that we do offer Screenshots feature, which is available from Pro plan. Feel free to find more about this feature here https://clockify.me/help/extra-features/screenshots. In case you have any additional questions, please reach us at support@clockify.me Cheers!

Beatriz

October 2022

Perfect tool for time tracking

It helps me a lot with consultancy management, we can track my time and earnings with low effort. Google Chrome extension is easy to use, neve had a bugs while using it, starts tracking with few clicks so we don't need to log in and walk through a long process.

Pros

Native integration with other systems (Google Sheet, Google Docs, Asana), intuitive usage, calculation of hours and earnings.

Cons

Reports are not clickable, we can't easily see details behind the numbers.

Response from Clockify

Hi Beatriz, Thank you for your feedback. Regarding the reports, would you be able to contact us at support@clockify.me, and give us a few more details about that and we'll be happy to look into it? Cheers!

Omar David

Industry: Program Development

October 2022

Una excelente solución para tener un seguimiento y control del tiempo

Excelente forma de manejar el tiempo y llevar un control de todo lo que se hace

Pros

Permite organizar el tiempo que te demoras en cada tarea y puedes editarlo en cualquier orden, pausar una tarea hacer otra y luego volver a la tarea pausada y continuar

Cons

A veces cambias de tarea y se te olvida registrarlo en el aplicativo y no hay nada que te recuerde si sigues en la misma tarea

Tim

Industry: Architecture & Planning

July 2022

What gets measured, gets managed

Clockify plays a vital role in tracking our activities. Knowing what gets done, when, and for what project allows us to identify the tasks and resources we need to allocate. The product has a very generous free tier, and it is relatively easy to implement with some basic introduction. Aside from the various ways to log time, I enjoy the report feature because it allows me to view data in various ways.

Pros

I like that it has several ways you can track your time: you can manually log, use a timer, or input via the calendar. This feature helped make it easier to deploy to the team because they can choose how to log. And the dashboard shows how others are doing so you can see your team log as well.

Cons

None so far. It has been useful for our team. In due time, I'm exploring to use the paid version.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

Clockify had the simplest but most functional features of the free tier for our use. And in the event we decide to purchase the paid version, it is the most affordable. The others are perhaps better for bigger companies.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

We used to log time through Slack which then gets moved into a Google Sheet. It was quite a tedious process.

Response from COING

Thanks for your amazing and detailed review Tim! We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Clockify and that it was easy to adapt it to your worfklow. If you happen to have any suggestions for us, feel free to reach out to support@clockify.me Cheers!

Replied August 2022

Noah

June 2022

Clockify | the Software you Didn't Know you Needed

My experience with Clockify has been overwhelmingly positive. Their support got back to me in less than 24 hours, I can use their software without annoying paywalls or limitations, and they've earned me as a loyal customer by having an easy-to-use software with more features than I needed, excellent customer service, and well-designed phone app. I use Clockify daily, and they've taken stuff that I thought would be issues (project management, stopwatch, time to money) when I started freelancing and simplified it in such a sleek way. I don't stress because I know Clockify has my back.

Pros

Clockify is an easy to use software which provides time and project management services, billing, team setup, and so much more services. In terms of price, Clockify is extremely affordable. As a sole proprietor, I use the software entirely for free. I have access to every aspect of the software, including project management, time tracker, calendar, timesheets, and more. It's nice to see a software with a free subscription that doesn't lock the core parts of the service behind a paywall, or have constant pop-up reminders to upgrade. Instead, this software allows me to work without interruptions, and then track the time/projects/money I've made in the past (days, weeks, months, etc.) And here's the even better thing: they're subscriptions are cheaper than their competitors, with the lowest tier being $6 a month and the highest $15. You can upgrade to allow more people to underneath your Clockify, but as a singular entity I don't need to do this. Because of how easy to use the software is, and how organized it is compared to it's competitors, I will definitely be upgrading when I subcontract projects to others in order to keep track of their time on projects. I use Clockify to keep track of time, which (after about 5 minutes of setting up) will autoconvert to my hourly rate PER client, meaning that I don't have to worry about doing any math for invoices. I've been using it daily for over a month now, with research and "practicing" before that.

Cons

I honestly have trouble contemplating anything I don't like about this software. The support got back to me and solved my issues in less than 24 hours, and the software is easy to use. Honestly (and this is rare for me), I have no complaints. Clockify does exactly what it needs to, and does it better than expected. The only thing that I could see as a potential con for others is that, in order to get larger numbers of people underneath the same Clockify as an "organization", you'd need to pay a subscription fee. But frankly, the fee is so cheap that it's worth eating the cost.

Carmen

April 2022

Excellent tool for small businesses

My overall experience is excellent and it's a tool I have recommended to all business owners even at the initial stage when it's a one person business. It was a game changer for me as it allowed me to focus on profit, delegate time consuming tasks and be more efficient. Now that I have a team I can analyse our time and continue to find efficiencies as well as ensuring there is time for training and personal development which are core to our company culture.

Pros

As a small business owner I appreciate having a tool that makes it easy to track time. This has allowed us to direct our time and efforts to the projects that were more profitable as well as making sure there was time for training and employee development. We are a team of 4 but the tool was useful even when it was just myself. Time tracking is the one thing I'd absolutely recommend to any business owner from the initial stage. It helped me direct my efforts, focus on profit, as well as delegating time consuming tasks.

Cons

I think there is so much more I could do with it but I haven't had time to explore other functionalities. The reporting tool could be improved by being able to merge different projects or change them. Sometimes we would accidentally create different projects for the same thing and looking back it would be nice to be able to fix those kind of things.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

I found it thanks to a podcast, tried it, loved it and never looked back or looked for alternatives. It's just great for time tracking. I never considered the project management functionality though. I use Asana and Slack and I just see Clockify as excellent for time tracking, Slack for internal comms and Asana for project management.

Sabrina

TheMcB Pro's Clockify Review

I used Harvest before this, which worked great for the needs I had. When they started charging for a basic version I looked elsewhere and found Clockify. I'm glad I made the switch and even started paying for some of the advanced features. Clockify has made it easy to report my time and create invoices.

Pros

This software is easy to use and offers everything I need from a time tracking software: the ability to track time, pull reports on where my time is spent, and quickly generate invoices.

Cons

Creating invoices can be kind of a pain. Trying to figure out the correct configuration of project, date, description, etc... can be tricky. And if you mess up, sometimes the only way to fix it is to start over.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

It was the easiest to use. It was also the most cost-efficient without sacrificing the quality of the product.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

I'd been with Harvest for 3 years before I switched. I did so because the free version I was on wasn't free anymore and the quality of their system wasn't worth the payment. I found Clockify because it also had a free version but I quickly saw the value in paying for the advanced features.

April 2022

Best software to choose for freelancer

I've been using Clockify for more than two years now. I tried other software before but this one was the best at that and still is. If you, like me have simple needs, this is the best piece of software for you. Remark to company: please don't grow. If we're using your product we are not interested in ERP. If you want to grow make a separate product containing project planning etc.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, fast response from customer service even when I was using only a free version of the software. Clean design, very good reports, ability to export reports to different formats. The basic version has almost all the things I need. Application is small, which is a big plus.

Cons

Lack of Polish version of VAT invoice is a little minus. If there were I'd have everything I need in one app. If you decide to implement that, please consider moving invoicing and time rounding from STANDARD to BASIC plan. I don't need managment stuff. There's literally no small and simple time tracking software with invoicing only. Every app like this slowly grows towards ERP system. Please don't grow. Hone the things you have now and make a separate product capable of integrating with bigger brother.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Cost and usless fuctions packed with the software also lack of Polish VAT invoice

Tina

Perfect for freelancers!

I first started using Clockify as a way to efficiently track my contractors' time and get a clear idea of which projects they were working on. It allowed me to better manage their time and manage resources. Additionally, as a freelance consultant, I'm able to track my own time super easily with the Chrome plugin, which makes reporting and invoicing a breeze at the end of each month.

Pros

The layout and features are intuitive and easy to use. The reporting feature is my favourite since it's dead simple to quickly generate a report of my hours (as a freelancer) and submit them to my employer, with all the relevant info captured right there. As a business owner, I heavily depend on this feature again to get a quick overview of where my employees' time is spent.

Cons

I can't really say I dislike anything about Clockify. It does everything I need it to do, which is why I've been using it for the last few years. I've never found anything lacking, at least for my purposes.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

Clockify seemed easier to use

Reasons for switching to Clockify

I made the switch because Clockify had all the features I needed, and even the free plan was robust enough

Hossein

April 2022

The best affordable software that can save you tons of time!

We tried multiple software for this purpose and finally come to the decision that Clockify is the right choice for our company in these remote working days, so I can suggest you test it and decide by yourself, but this one worth for sure to give it a chance, at least from my perspective and with main factors that I and my team had in mind.

Pros

The report section works awesome! Also, it offers really good access level control and organization management features. You can use and try it for free (as we did) for as long as you like and then decide to continue with premium plans or not

Cons

The smartphone application is really primitive and seems like a beta version :) Do not mistake, it is completely stable, and you can use it, but still, a lake of features and offline working is there...

Better options overall.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Better reporting feature and better pricing in our case.

Aria

Keep It Simple and Smart

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

Pros

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

Cons

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

Reasons for choosing Clockify

We shifted because Clockify provided that clean no-frills works space for us to queue our projects, and assign project tasks to the right people. And most of all, capture man-hours spent on tasks. This critical information allowed us to be able to have a definitive data point on the demand-capacity structure of our operations enabling us to plan ahead for the capacity increase that is based on our operational demands.

Noelle