• Pros

• "Love the design and look and feel of coda. Have been using it for 4 years or so. It has come a long way. Its very easy to use and intuitive. It made creating and organizing data very fun for me."

• "I like the templates library and integrations."

• "It is really easy to get up and running with Coda. Within minutes you can create something that is really useful"

• Cons

• "I still find random bugs quite often that aren't debilitating in completing my work, usually just a nuisance that will slow productivity. "

• "The software is pretty straight forward but still requires some learning as compared to something like Google Drive."

• "using it in a cell phone for data navigation is not as easy as i would like, but for the desktop... it´s really great."

Browse Coda Reviews

Stan from Young Creators

Good now, only getting better

I've been using Coda since the closed beta, and I've been blown away by their vision for the future and the speed with which they're implementing new functions.

Pros

Other than Slack and e-mail, Coda is the main infratstructure for our organization. The flexibility and being able to set everything up and automate exactly to our liking is fantastic

Cons

It's a fairly new product, which means that there's (almost) constantly UI changes going on. Performance could be better too, and interdoc connection is missing.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Coda from the start was built with powerful tables and connections in mind. Especially back then, Notion didn't offer much in that regard.

Marie from Sweat Equity Ventures

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

The future of docs and collaboration

My experience with Coda has been exceptional. I feel empowered by their resources to create exciting docs that have transformed our workflows, and if I ever have questions I know that Coda Support or the Coda Community will be able to help.

Pros

Why I *love* Coda - First and foremost: tables and a writing surface in one doc. Never again do I have to link to a spreadsheet or paste long-form text into table so that all of my Google Suite info is cobbled into one doc. - Spans personal and professional work. I have transferred most of my professional work into Coda docs and (even more excitingly) moved all of my "life admin" work (moving checklists, auto repair history, wedding planning, etc) into Coda docs. Coda's flexible platform allows you to build docs that suit whatever work you're trying to accomplish. - Automations. In Coda you can set data and time-based triggers to alert you in email and Slack. These are game-changers when it comes to remembering an upcoming deadline, reminding a co-worker of an outstanding action item, or celebrating a data milestone. - Doc Gallery. The gallery is a collection of published docs that can be copied for your own use or be used for inspiration for creating new docs. If I'm ever stuck on how to make a doc (like distributed onboarding), I browse docs that other Coda creators have published for ideas on layouts, formatting, and formulas.

Cons

Challenges in using Coda - Onboarding. The power of Coda can be intimidating when onboarding – I would second-guess whether doc layouts were as good as they could possibly be, if my formulas were robust, if I should make a different sub-page or section for content, etc. Thankfully, Coda has a variety of resources like their Community of creators, the Help Center, a YouTube channel (shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!), and a fantastic support team. It took a couple weeks of watching videos and reading the Community page while transferring docs to Coda for me to feel like I really understood the platform, but now I feel like I really *get* all of the features and feel empowered when making docs. - Onboarding your team. Getting a team to adopt a new tool, especially something as foundational as docs/collaboration/documentation is hard. We had the full spectrum of people who were elated about using Coda to... not elated. I wanted to give everyone the experience of using a fully built out doc, so we transferred our weekly team meeting gdoc into Coda. In doing this everyone had a direct comparison between old (gdocs) and new (Coda docs), and we won over most people just with that doc. To keep up the momentum, I worked with teams and individuals to transfer over their docs to Coda, and I send out an email every week sharing a Coda feature (like emailing pages, automations, conditional formatting). Coda is the new default for our team after ~1-2 months of transition.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Coda had a great slate of resources for onboarding, a competitive suite of features, the design/UI of docs, and the Doc Gallery made it easy to explore other creators' work in Coda.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

We were looking for a collaboration tool that enabled us to build docs and tables in one surface, and Coda had the most robust offerings.

Giles from Fuzzy Logic Labs

Slows down over time

Ok... but then it just slowed down and became unusable. We need to get critical company info out of heads and recorded fast. Loading up Coda was slow and they messed with the structure of docs too much to the point where we lost track of what went were. It was simple at first then it became docs, folders, sections, child sections. It feels like they're just bloating it with features now.

Pros

The flexibility to set things up how you want is great but that also comes with down sides after a while. The data table functionality works ok.

Cons

Speed and performance really suffers with time, to the point where it takes 10 seconds plus to open our main doc. Support tried to help but couldn't really do anything to improve it. It's also very easy to accidentally share your entire doc and make it public without realising. I wouldn't keep confidential information in there anymore because of that.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Flexibility to get it to work with our own internal development processes.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

We thought it would give us more flexibility and power.

Robert from Calorie Balance Ltd

feature impact, ease of use and integration with existing business

Outstanding, see other reviews for further details.

Pros

Coda is a fantastic application which has incredibly transformative potential for those who are interested in exploring it. It is feature rich, with a constantly expanding portfolio of API options, built in capabilities and all important 3rd party integrations, this enables easy integration into existing business infrastructure and quickly demonstrates return on investment once things start to get set up. The way I see coda is like word/docs with the functionality of excel/sheets/airtable and the look of notion - take all that and put it on steroids by adding near limitless customisability and a fantastic customer support team who will help you to achieve things that you didn't even know possible - what you end up with is just a doc, the way docs should be

Cons

As coda is much younger than its competitors some of its features are still in development, for example the API only recently came out of beta (as of 17/07/20). There are some downsides to this which I'd like to imagine you can assume, however the diligent team release updates extremely regularly and listen intently to their customers, building a fantastic user-centric workspace experience with ever increasing features. The main thing which I didn't like about the software is that the tools in upper pricing tiers are too attractive, making me want to spend more than my budget on this kind of software - which I suppose is a good and bad thing.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Way more features, more ability/freedom to develop your own interface, more versatile, cheaper, good free plan to sample properly, unreal support team always on hand to help out, platform in active development, good tutorials on youtube and fantastic illustrations of the potential of the platform.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Better UI, loads more features, WAYY better management of tables - you can have multiple tables on one page and multiple views on one page, where as with airtable you can only view one at a time - so limiting for a dashboard

Raul from Getro

Best app to create mini apps for remote teams

As a remote-first company, we at Getro.com, have been using Coda for over 3 and it's been an instrumental tool to help us scale and stay flexible operating our company.

Pros

I love Coda's flexibility. With my team we use it to define roadmaps and scope projects. Personally, I use it to take daily notes and I also run my own public blog with Coda.

Cons

It's important to be careful with large documents.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Coda is the best option to create flexible apps that synchronize with other tools our team use.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Asana is very rigid and hard to customize. It doesn't have great integrations with other apps.

Blaise from Plan A

Unlimited power and agility for 0 to 12$/m/team

Amazing, game changer for the business efficiency, speed, agility.

Pros

Unbelievably powerful, you can build all the most advanced CRM / ERP / project management tools and features you can imagine in a few hours, integrate with the whole universe, and make your ops people (sales,...) save time and be happy. Plus it comes with a Google doc killer that will reshape how efficiently your team works in asynchronous docs, it's game changer.

Cons

People who are not really at ease with Google sheets / zapier can't build as advanced workflows, but it's okay.

10 000x more powerful

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Notion is beautiful, but is 10000 times less powerful. When you try it for the first time it feels like the future, after Coda it feels like stone age.

The documenting master tool

We started using Coda as our source of truth for the company, specially for documentation. But as the product has evolved, we have used the product as our task management system too.

Pros

I like the easy of use of this tool. It’s like having the best of Google Docs, and Google Spreadsheets all in one place. You can customize almost everything! And it has great integrations with third party applications, plus you can connect through multiple API client libraries.

Cons

At the very beginning, our team experienced performance issues. The tool is so robust that needs memory and some browsers were not supported. However, as Coda grew as a company, performance issues are not a thing anymore and their support team was super diligent at helping us optimize our docs.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

We ended up making the switch because Coda provided more addons.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Yes, we ended up making the switch because Coda provided more addons.

Daniel from Cogna Educação

A couple of weeks and you'll be in love with Coda

2 weeks are all it takes for you to fall in love with Coda. Starting is not the smoothest process, but the power and flexibility it gives us make it totally worth it. The free tier is more than enough for most solo users. Managers will simply want to get the team plan because it is the one app you'll need to put it all together.

Pros

Coda is extremely powerfull. I love the hability to centralize in one document all the data my team uses.

Cons

The one feature that needs urgently to be deployed/improved is the 2-way sync of lookups, but for same table and different tables lookups.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Coda is getting better and better at a fast pace. For now, it is the app that has more features per dollar.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Notion is an excellent product, but is way too limited in terms of buttons, connections, integrations, automations.

My New Favorite Tool

Having everything about a project live all in one place had saved me a lot of head aches. I'm building out a course and this has become the hub of the entire thing. The face that I could build out all the tabs and pages I needed has kept me organized and on track, not something i could have done on google sheets or any other pm tool for this particular need.

Pros

I love that I can sign in with my gmail account, that along makes my life easy. I like that I can easily integrate other apps and build out projects based on my needs. The best part for me is to easily collaborate with others in real time, the feature is really smooth.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much i don't like about it, so I don't have much to say here. Maybe more on the free plan for those just getting started?

Reasons for Choosing Coda

It simply had the flexibility on all the requirements that mattered to me. I'm glad it was recommended to me and that I started to use it. It's been a game changer and I now recommend it to all my friends. Even though I don't know how to explain what it is, I just say... just sign up and you'll thank me later. I've done this now a few times and my friends come back to me saying how much they love Coda.

Steven from Cadalia

Awesome building ground for digital transformation in an SMB

We’ve basically integrated all the customer orders from our contact center with our production and logistics team from a single doc. It’s so versatile. Each week we find more and better ways to build it even further

Pros

The possibilities of use are infinite and even with this, they keep improving and launching new functionalities and improvements every week. It’s amazing how tight the community around Coda is and how much they listen to feedback

Cons

The only con is a limit in their API that has given me some trouble when integrating docs to other apps through Zapier. Once they get to big (too many rows and elements) the API starts failing. Ut’s easy to solve with a netter architecture of the doc and backup automations

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Much more powerful and integrated with other apps

Good and flexible

Our experience has been very positive so far. We managed to create some internal processes to develop projects around some templates we created in coda and that helped us significantly. At the time we started using coda very few other tools had the customization abiities of coda and that was a winning point for us. Hope they fix their pricing model soon, because having documents locked down is not reasonable at our stage of business.

Pros

It's easy to integrate with team processes and also to enable the creation of new processes. Has a lot of integrations, has powerful table functionality, is has some very nice original features like creating a webpage out of documents. The documents are very complete and have the necessary flexibility to adapt to every teams' needs and specificities. The documents also naturally look good, no need to "beautify". The collaborative side of the documents is a great feature and works well in small teams.

Cons

Most of the integrations with outside software are poor and have very little to no customization/parameterization. For example including google drive documents is very very basic. The pricing is not very competitive, specially for small teams, considering other softwares out there. The worst part is that they limit the size of the documents in the free tier, and if you go beyond the size limit they lock your documents and you won't be able to work on them any longer. They could use a better model that is not this aggressive.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

The flexibility of their documents.

Matt from Hi Mum! Said Dad

Very cool features, but some bumps along the way

I use Coda for individual notes on smaller projects (block limits prevent me using it for longer ones), giving me a single spot to find my notes from meetings, workshops and creative outputs and organise my thinking far better than I could in our G Suite setup. I also love Coda for user interviews and research, helping my to create views of an interview script for each session, but then to be able to review all the sessions side by side, have the videos embedded etc. Most limitations come from an inability to fully adopt it in my own work enough to justify paying for an account - a lot of my personal use moved to Notion when the introduced pricing strategy killed half of my live documents, and it's just not powerful or reliable enough for me to be able to make a push for it as a team-wide tool yet. This isn't a concern for future users, but the "This doc is too big and will become read only in 14 days" approach to implementing their initially very convoluted pricing strategy was a real pain point and burned a lot of my goodwill. I don't expect them to pivot that dramatically again (from "A doc as powerful as an app" to "A doc for teams"), but that pivot has made me very wary about recommending it to friends and colleagues in case it happens again and half their work gets frozen in a format that's very tough to extract efficiently.

Pros

Coda is, first and foremost, very impressive. It does a lot, especially through their Packs, that can make Coda docs meaningful hubs for projects whether personal or professional. If you can get the buy in from your team or company to make the swap, giving people the tools to create useful tools for themselves is fantastic. The pace of development compared to others in the space (looking at you, Notion) is also very impressive and it feels like almost every other week there's some new feature that I can actually make use of with Coda.

Cons

The main drawbacks for me are the pricing model, especially for individual use, and the maths functions. Pricing: It's very tough to use as e.g. a personal planner with the free product, and it isn't dramatically better at those functions with the paid product than something like Notion. Particularly after Notion made the majority of personal plan free it's just very hard to recommend Coda for individuals unless you have a very specific need for some of their features, as the document size limits can feel very arbitrary, blocking out usage for a lot of hobby users. Maths/Spreadsheet style functions: While a lot exists, and the idea of focusing on column references rather than cell references initially feels nice, in reality it only makes explaining what a formula is doing once it works easier - getting that formula to work is very tough. Documentation is pretty patchwork around maths functions and sometimes you just want to be able to jot some quick table calculations down that might not suit "Rows as distinct entries" style tables, but everything in Coda is set up to deal with continuous and repeated equations within an entry, which is very tough to deal with.

Dariusz from Dariusz Kuśnierek (dkodr)

Low-code at its best!

Pros

There's a lot that you can do using just the free version. Paid plans provide useful additions. After spending a little time with the documentation, you can build amazing things.

Cons

The learning curve is a little steep. I have experience with database software and I feel it put me at a disadvantage as I had to let go of some old habits. Some parts of Coda are reminiscent of a classic database while others force you to think a little bit differently.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

I think one can create a much more diverse project using Coda. Coda's flexibility and ease of automation made me choose it but I have to say i like Notion's visual side a little bit better.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Coda is much more flexible and provides the basic feature set available in Trello.

There really isn't a competitive alternative

As I said, it's a surprising powerful app that's still very easy to use and the user/dev community is actually very active and helpful. I discovered and started using Coda in their early days and I have tried every single app listed above and then some since (and still use many for various things). For its unique combination of features, though, I still always find myself coming back to Coda. So much so that, while their free plan is surprisingly feature rich with high limits, I finally decided to pull the trigger and commit by purchasing a plan.

Pros

For my needs, it's like the developers took the best features of Google Docs, Airtable, Notion and Confluence and wrapped them all up into uniquely powerful and easy-to-use product. I have to do a lot of off-the-cuff analysis and tracking, and the features they provide around tables exceed even Google Sheets for my uses. I often find myself building little apps that make a task so much easier to get done and with minimal effort compared to other apps (custom scripts in Google Sheets anyone?). The formula and control options are also second-to-none both in just how much you can do with them and also how they can be brought together into a much more usable interface.

Cons

I don't understand why you have to go with a Team plan or above to access document locking functionality. I've got it now that I'm paying, but I've built a lot of tools in Coda in the past that I wanted to share but didn't because I also had to then give folks editing access. If I'm going to trust anyone with editing access, it's my team - I'm trying to lock things down for colleagues, clients and leadership. Also, they have got to add in the option to import data from a file - this copy and paste from a spreadsheet is a pain and not always reliable.

Niels from Stinto

Powerful, flexible and rewarding to use

I see its relevance In all my future work in some way or another.

Pros

If you like playing around with software or do you need to customize functionality to various projects Coda is a serious contender. There are so many uses and possibilities that it replaces a lot of other software.

Cons

It is not always easy to translate your idea into a functional Doc, so be prepared for a step learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Notion did not provide the functionality I needed. Coda is more versatile.

An extremely flexible and powerful project and data management tool

Pros

Flexibility is the number one reason we love coda on my team. We use Coda for a number of purposes: -bug tracking for our app -organizing documents for projects -indexing and searching our assets database -contact lists -backing up text strings for our website -managing translation strings -task tracking for consultants With just a bit of training we have managed to onboard most of our team and to set up dashboards and workspaces suitable for so many different core functions. It is amazing to be able to accomplish so much without needing to introduce a new tool to our workflow. It also integrates well with Google Docs and Dropbox, which we also use on our team. The support team is very responsive and helpful. They really provide excellent tips and guidance, and often solve issues within minutes.

Cons

The limitation on document sizes for users with free accounts makes sense but at the time we needed to upgrade there was no way to transfer the old document to the upgraded account seamlessly. We ended up having to duplicate our document, which was really bad for continuity and very very confusing to team members less familiar with our file storage systems.

Nadia from GCP Cafe

Industry: Online Media

Easier collaboration vs. Notion

Coda is a quick start for anyone familiar with google docs or other collaborative platforms. I use Coda for managing a team of 20 volunteers on web content publishing projects.

Pros

I like the templates library and integrations.

Cons

I am waiting for a rollup function to include all team comments across documents. This feature is currently missing and makes the software difficult to use for managing a large team with multiple documents.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Basecamp licensing is prohibitively expensive for my volunteer team.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

I switched to Coda after having friction teaching team members to use Notion.

Joost from SkyGliders Paragliding

Using coda to organize

I have been able to set up an online interactive system to organize our activities in a way that would have required much more effort with any other tool. And really nice is that you can modifying/add features with incredible ease.

Pros

Coda is super easy to organize information, share it in an app like environment and build a documentation website/app. With the help of tables, action buttons and 'smart' views you can do things that would take much more time to setup with other tools. A lot of functionality can be implemented without ever reading any documentation.

Cons

There is a limit to the amount of information (or data) that can (practically) be stored in a (multi-page) doc. The limit is high, but you need to be aware of certain limits.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

I use a lot of online tools to share ideas, for planning, for sharing docs and data (One Drive, GDrive, Trello, Teams, Office 365, Google Sheets, etc.). No tool solves every problem, there will always be different tools for different needs or audiences. The power of Coda is that it is so easy to make new documents, fill them with content, build tables with quite a few functions (although it is not going to replace excel, for many things it really works and .... to share all these things with ease!

Shaun from Eraa (UK) Ltd

Great Low Code Platform for SME Businesses

Extremely positive. Support have been fantastic and the software have yielded plenty of benefits for us which we couldn't get elsewhere (and we spent a lot of time trying)

Pros

The software is intuitive to use and brings together a combination of tables and word processing features. They have been very proactive in covering the gaps from their Beta setup which has meant we can now use it as our main system. You don't need to know how to code (although a little knowledge can help you create some advanced features). They have also setup integrations with other platforms, when combined with their automation features, it is a powerful solution.

Cons

I think the integrations need to be boosted, particularly with G Drive and G Data Studio. Some in built features for workflow mapping would be great but that isn't a core part of the software.

Marc from Edge Your Craft

Could be a great product, but Not the best for me

Beyond utilizing the initial document/app I was provided, I found my experience frustrating at best. It’s not Coda’s fault, this product could be perfectly ideal for someone with the right skills, that’s just simply not me.

Pros

The idea of building up an ‘app’ to be exactly what I need functionality-wise, and based off of an all-encompassing spread sheet was very appealing. I would have access to all the info I needed on desktop and mobile.

Cons

Building it out to be what I needed required an ability to code the document in every way, and that’s just not something I’m knowledgeable enough for. Nor do I have the time to figure it out. Even once I did finally build out features, I would easily delete them accidentally. That said, I got some help early on to get everything set up correctly, but again, without knowing how to do it myself, I couldn’t maintain or expand on what I was provided.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

I was hoping to expand upon my existing Excel document to make the data more accessible (mobile) and more revealing (reports).

Miguel from Tufts University

Industry: Research

Coda is the ultimate Team unifier

Pros

Before Coda, we used to have several different programs and databases to keep track of our day to day work. Coda has become the one-stop-shop for most things we do that don't require higher processing capabilities (statistics, image analysis, etc.). I really like how several of us can be on a certain document at one time (similar to the Google docs functionality) and all of us can collaborate in real time without having to jump from one application to another.

Cons

We have a lot of data in Coda and I really wished there was a statistical analysis option for our tables and charts. When I say stats, I don't mean high order stats (such as Chi-square tests, T-tests, etc.) but averages and counts based on specific criteria and so forth. Also, though once you know the program it's a breeze to work with, a Doc Maker needs to spend a lot of time familiarizing him/her/themself with the abundance of features Coda has to offer and its language.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

We switched over from several programs (Excel, Google Docs, and Excel-like databases) to Coda as the latter was able to give all the functionalities (for the most part) the former programs have individually, in one place.

Jade from AKQA

Great reinvention of the spreadsheet

Love playing with the new features but is lacking in the mobile experience at the same level of detail they put into the desktop experience.

Pros

Cons

The desktop experience is amazing. The team is constantly improving it and adding cool new features. The mobile experience and app is probably one of the worst I've ever seen/used. They have barely made changes or improved the design and usability of it since it came out. It's very frustrating and irritating to use. It's very glitchy. I initially used coda alit, until I needed to use it more and more on my phone. Eventually I had to move back to Google sheets because the app experience makes it so much easier to view and edit your documents.

Thibault from AppiNest

Awesome product!

We use coda as a data hub to let the entire team understand where we are and what we are doing. It helped a lot having everyone on the same page.

Pros

I love how it is easy to manage data thanks to view. Very easy to link with external data source. Our entire team processes are now managed with Coda.

Cons

It lacks of export features for graphs.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

More flexible and better user experience.

Bianca from Postcard From Paris

Exactly what I was looking for

When I came into my position, there was a lot of duplicate data entry and everything was spread across multiple disconnected spreadsheets, emails, word docs, etc. Coda allowed me to create a custom document to contain all the information relevant to each project. It is one of my most valuable tools.

Pros

I had always wanted an easy way to utilize the benefits of a database instead of using spreadsheets, so when I stumbled upon Coda, I was so excited. The ability to view, store, calculate and reference so much data made it much easier to find the information needed easily and display the information in the way I want it shown based on who I'm sharing that page with. The complex calculations possible and the ability to easily reference other tables have been a major time-saver.

Cons

The mobile app needs a lot of work to catch up with the desktop version. The tables cannot be designed on a tablet, which I found very frustrating. Printing has required quite a bit of workarounds to print anything useable.

Camille from UniSoma

Camille's personal experience

I use Coda mostly to personal purposes. I can control my finances and my time appointments (I have to register the hours spent per project in my job) in a very practical way. I love the easily going customization to make docs.

Pros

Particularly, I use Gmail integration a lot to send my job appointments. It's very pratical and useful. Also, for teams, I like the possibility to mark another person and send emails when needed.

Cons

Once I use Coda to manage the team's tasks. It was very productive. However, when the project was over, I accidentally deleted the doc and then I was unable to recover it. It was really frustrating. I also dont't like the date formats, whenever I try to pass the data to some spreadsheet I can't because of the date formats.

Aram from What Is Food

Coda is unique

Overall I like it and we use it daily and there is nothing else I could really do this with. It’s a unique piece of tech and I hope to see it continue to grow

Pros

Really like the formulas and ability to ref arbitrary data.

Cons

API times out, doesn’t seem to be keeping up the way I would like. Craps our with large tables past 5-10k rows in my experience

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Ability to link data in unique ways

Oriol from Interactius

Great experience

Pros

I like that you can set up almost all your documents. The cross-table functionality it's very useful. The monthly improvements also give an incremental value to the platform.

Cons

At the beginning it's difficult to set up, once you know how to do it it's more easy but the learning curve is high. Also I don't like the permissions and visibility modes, are to simple and don't accomplish my needs.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

It was the most complete and dynamic tool I saw in the market.

Wilson from WDS Solutions

Best configurable software

I'm very satisfied with Coda, it solved multiple management problems that I had before.

Pros

Coda is a great software for businesses looking for more efficient ways to solve problems. It's easy to set up, easy to learn, easy to use. It's super simple to create professional-looking systems and dashboards. Coda also has integration with many other softwares, making it even more powerful! The Coda team very supportive and the company is constantly releasing new features.

Cons

The only limitation of the software is that it's difficult to handle large number of records at the same time (millions of records).

Sam from TJ

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Super flexible

Pros

Ability to have your ticket management / to-do list tracking like Trello in the same place as your wiki / knowledge hub

Cons

Sometime a little too technical and messy for end users. e.g. tables not having an out of the box search feature, and the workaround of using another table to act as the search box not being very clean.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

More features. Their team is also executing really well, continually adding new key features.

Katie from Showpass

Useful product for our internal knowledgebase

Coda is a well-designed platform that has allowed us to centralize all departments into one spot for documentation. Coda has strong support docs and videos that has helped us transition smoothly and continue to learn about new features and ways to use the product better. The new product emails they send out every so often are so informative!

Pros

Coda is a robust software that has helped our company centralize all our internal documents. The platform is quite user friendly, allowing us to really expand the product features to meet our needs as an organization. The support and help documents are quite impressive, we used it to train our entire staff on how to efficiently use the product. They have been responsive to feature requests, and the product has definitely improved in our time using it.

Aqsa from Oh So Markety

Love it!

Before I shifted my businesses to Coda, everything was SO unorganized to the point where I hated coming into work. Hiring employees was such a task because I had to keep track of sending onboarding forms and Google Drive links over email. Ever since Coda, EVERYTHING IS IN ONE PLACE! It's such a great feeling to be so organized. I'm obsessed with organizing everything in Coda now. It has just overall made my life easier and I feel like there are no longer a 100 tabs open in my mind all the time.

Pros

- Features - Support team (so responsive and helpful!) - Mobile App

Cons

- No desktop app available + doesn't work well with Safari (a problem for Mac users) - No dark mode availble - Some basic features (like putting docs in the order of your choice) aren't available

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Price point is lower! Good for startups and people with several businesses.

Ryan from ClearPivot

Coda helps me shorten down my discovery and estimation process for sales.

It has really helped our team organize the management of our deliverables and work together.

Pros

Simplified file management. Ability to build quotes and for formulas to be embedded in those quotes for sales purposes. Also, the proposal can be built out as a multi-tab document, so that everything a customer needs to understand what we're proposing can be located at one link for them to see. The ability to tag other people in notes for notification. Exists in the cloud so I can bookmark any link I need into my bookmark manager. Can stay logged in so that I don't have to re-login every time I need something.

Cons

So far, nothing. Coda is all about how you use it.

Alessandro from Meccamico

Best do-it-all software for startups

Excellent

Pros

Coda is our go to software for the management of our daily activities, storage of relevant information and setting up tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Coda

Better features, more responsive development team

Reasons for Switching to Coda

Coda's functionalities suit us better

Brianne from At Leisure Contractor Licensing

Much More Powerful Than A Spreadsheet

Our main use of Coda is project management. We are able to prioritize projects, create/assign tasks, view project status reports, create calendar reminders, click buttons for email updates, track progress according to target completion dates, and more. Coda has helped us stay on track with our projects.

Pros

I love that you can have different views of the same data, and if you update any of the fields in one view, it will update the data in all views. It also allows you to easily pull in "people" (example: who last modified this row, or tag someone in a comment), "packs" integrations (with gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, etc.), and so much more.

Cons

Overall, it was pretty easy to learn Coda. But while the formula structures are somewhat intuitive, it's still different than what I'm used to, and slows me down a little bit when I'm writing a formula for a column (while I'm used to writing formulas super fast in Excel). However, that's to be expected with any new software, and will become more natural with more practice.

Bruno from Exército Brasileiro

Industry: Research

Excellent alternative for use as a desktop and virtual office

In the first half of 2020, on the occasion of my selection of which tool to choose to use as a knowledge base for my team, I tested Coda.io and was very impressed. I ended up choosing to deploy Slab because it suited my specific demand more.

Pros

Very powerful tool, which allows multiple possibilities for the creation of a knowledge base and virtual office. The strongest point is the huge number of existing templates and mainly the huge number of types of blocks that can be inserted in each document that is made. The cost is also quite attractive, making the cost-benefit of the tool as a whole excellent.

Cons

Although the interface is beautiful and elegant, due to a large volume of features, navigating the tool is a bit complicated, requires practice and even in the long run it seems a little unpleasant. In other words, it is not a tool as easy to use and pleasant to use.

Fernando César from Monetus Investimentos

A swiss army Knife for collaboration and wikis

The idea is great. Transform your documents into apps that looks good on mobile. The execution too. Such a beautiful piece of software. I really like the way they think of what is going to be the way to see documents.

Pros

I like how versatile the software is. Besides this the huge gallery of templates full of good ideas always make me think about the way I'm doing my job. Primarily we use here in my company as a team wiki with steroids.

Cons

The software is not so easy to digest in a world where everybody uses excel as the way to go.I had some bas times trying to explain to my team that coda database is not organised as a spreadsheet.

David from Eseneka

My favorite!

Pros

Each user has a perfect soft made for him/her. I tested A LOT of apps! And I choose Coda. Actually, I used to keep in Notion, but Coda is more customizable, more friendly for collaboration and more integrated with other apps. The principing is very affordable: if you want the full experience, you pay, but not your collegues! (if you are the only doc creator! they are still able to edit and write in the shared docs). The Coda community is very active, I love the Coda Blog! There are so many possibilities...

Cons

The Android/Apple app is far to be pretty and functional.

Matthew from FileInvite

Super handy to prototype data tracking/keep your team on track

Perfect, we were younger and needed to quickly prototype and I found it a great place to centralise playbooks, dashboards, and easily collaborate

Pros

- Ability to enrich and add heaps of integrations to the software (i.e. pull data from other areas into it) - Super easy to use - Fast - Comprehensive - Templates that can allow you to rapidly get started

Cons

More native integrations to platforms such as chargebee

Stefan from Angaza

Just Right

Pros

My favorite thing about Coda is how it effortlessly combines structured and unstructured data. There traditional difference between docs, spreadsheets, etc. is artifical and coda proves it. This freedom to structure your doc in any way you want is really powerful and it allows for great flexibility.

Cons

It can be a bit of a learning curve to start. The existing templates are good, but to get the level of customization you need from your tables, you need to dig into formulas, and not everyone has time for that.

simon from Skylark Consulting Ltd

Coda

I’ve used Coda for a variety of things, in much the same way as you might reach for a spreadsheet I now reach for Coda. At a personal level, I’ve used to manage my personal finances, keep track of recipes and help me to stay on top of my gym workouts. For work I’ve used to create project briefs, manage my projects and finances.

Pros

Cons

The only reservation I have about Coda is it’s scalability. With very few rows it can become incredibly slow. I appreciate Coda are working very hard to improve but I advise anyone to verify the feasibility of their application by performing a quick test to establish whether performance is likely to be an issue.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

The promise to be able to create apps

Partha Protim from Infosys

Coda Review

There is no doubt that CODA is one of the best Enterprise software. They offer diverse packages to both small, medium and large Organizations. To sum it all up, if your Organization has plenty of money, then you can invest in CODA and enjoy quality support.

Pros

CODA is a Financial Business Tool. The support team is very energetic who offer quality training and expert support. The tool itself is very user friendly as it allows Organizations to build their own financial system platform. It provides a customized interface facilitating data entry, reporting, analysis etc.

Cons

The cost (especially for large Organizations) is enormous, considering that not all features/functionalities are required. The cost should be decided based on the customer requirements. There are other cheaper products in the market which might get the job done at a much lesser price.

Coda is the best!

Pros

Rolling out Coda cross-functionally has been hugely beneficial for our business. It has helped all of our departments collaborate more effectively, and new features are constantly being added and improved. Plus, Coda support is always super helpful.

Cons

The chart feature is the aspect I like least. I used Gantt charts quite frequently and the text layout always comes out a little funky. I also use the Cross-Doc pack, but I wish there was an easier way to share info across documents.

Shuchi from Growth Propeller

Game changer

Pros

I like working in Coda as 1. It makes formatting my document super easy. 2. I think in relationships and Coda makes it easy for me to share my thoughts in forms of interactive tables. 3. Coda team has thoughtfully put together a great library of templates that help to from reinventing the wheel.

Cons

It does come with a price. I haven't yet tried the paid version. Also, I wonder if the product can support a corporations privacy and security concerns.

Héctor from Hola Cebras

The best tool to manage my day to day

I run my proyect managament process, CRM and communication with my clients.

Pros

Very easy to use and flexible. I can easily create project-management docs, CRM, sales process, to-do lists and even a simple landing page for my clients. The automatization features are amazing and can save you many hours.

Cons

The formulas could be better. Also the Publish and design options could be better to create landing pages. More integrations.

Price, funcionalities, Integrations.

Great product, even better customer support and community

Pros

Functionality-wise coda has checked almost all of my needs. Filterable views, integrations with other apps and data-sources, formulas, automation, etc. But what has set it apart so far is the customer support. Whenever I have questions or need help figuring out how to troubleshoot a doc the coda team has been extremely helpful. I've never experienced such a high level of customer support anywhere else. I've had members of the support team take the time to copy my docs and really look into my specific work to help troubleshoot instead of giving me generic answers. The help was always constructive and informative.

Cons

Could have more features, but great as is. I'm sure new features will be available down the line.

Because I didn't know about Coda before

Fernando from AudaZ Group

Great Tool

great platform and help desk, really nice tool

Pros

simply fast and clean way to manage docs and data all together, collaboration is great too.

Reasons for Switching to Coda

much more intuitive interface and a lot more functionality.

Gianluca from Marketing & Advertising

Coda is a serius PM tool

i love it

Pros

I've used Coda for some months in my team and it's similar to an evolved excel with a lot of great functionalities. I loved it cause it has a lot on template made by great companies, and it was free. lovely

Cons

Coda it's not so easy to use, not friendly at the beginning but the explanations are clear

Rick from Harness

Easy to use product, great UI, and flexible functionality!

Pros

Ease of use, which is huge for growing startups with so many growing pains. Easy to learn, easy to scale, and fully flexible to our startup needs

Cons

The support can be improved. When I have questions regarding specifics or ongoing features, it isn't clear where to seek out support or who we can contact

Stephen from Kenect

Amazing!

It's awesome. I'd highly recommend Coda. They've also added a few integrations which add even more to the possibilities.

Pros

Coda might be the single most powerful piece of software that I use. The use cases are endless. I use it for product planning, notes, research, release planning and much more.

Cons

It can be overwhelming at first because of all the things you can use it for, but they have solid documentation.

Excellent tool for your departments goals & projects

KPIs, Metrics, Project Planning and Reporting are now used across Coda, works perfectly with google drive and the app is great for a quick check as well.

Pros

The number of templates that are pre-built and available means you can set up projects for your team in a matter of minutes, well maybe 30-60 minutes but still a lot quicker than starting it all from scratch.

Cons

Perhaps when you first start there's a bit of trial and error and a few rabbit holes that make slow progress but once you get into a rhythm you can scale projects and goals across the company.