What are Dropbox Paper users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dropbox Paper software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is quite easy to handle and is an excellent program for group work. The greatest feature I see is the ability to use many media types along with it compared to other programs of the same type."
  • icon"Love the support for rich text format. Copy and pasting is the most seamless among those that I have used."
  • icon"Dropbox paper is easy to use and easy to install on your laptop or computer. It has good functionality and is an intuitive piece of software."
  • icon"I have so much trouble with formatting when I'm editing a document. I spend more time trying to tweak the text I entered than it took to write it in the first place."
  • icon"It makes extra files if someone is editing the same file as you and saves it. Can be quite confusing at times."
  • icon"No one really uses this product heavily in our market."

Browse all Dropbox Paper Reviews

• Have you used Dropbox Paper and would like to share your experience with others?

Rick

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Sometimes less is more

Habibah

Edit online document with ease.

I work on an IT team, and I've started using Dropbox Paper's to-do list features to create my information technology plans. However, I am hoping it had a daily calendar alternative! Overall, it's a valuable method for managing projects when working with others.

Pros

I believe Dropbox Paper is a relatively new feature. It has a fantastic general layout that allows you to create tables, describe the text, create a to-do list, tag people, and create a timeline. You may emphasize text or leave a note directly in the paper, making it simple to keep track of progress and make decisions.

Cons

I hope the to-do list could place the dates in sequential sequence and attach them to the calendar automatically. The choice is currently available, but it is entirely manual. Plus, for color coding, I need more highlight color choices so it i can distinguished between the notes or the editing that has added to the document.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Paper

Dropbox paper is more suitable for editing document and sharing it with my colleagues.

May 2022

So simple, but very power for organization and task coordination

Paper is, for my team, the ideal replacement for hardcopy notes and simple assignments. Too many alternatives try doing too much in a small window of use. Dropbox Paper keeps you connected, on the same page, and mobile when need be.

Pros

The most powerful feature for us (working in software) has been the simplistic yet powerful markup and shortcuts system. The formatting is so easy to use but also isn't restricted to one method, allowing more mouse-centric or keyboard-oriented users flexability.

Cons

I wouldn't mind seeing a dedicated desktop application in addition to the browser interface. Even if it was just a PWA, it would keep users from being so married to more tabs in their web browser.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Paper

After very little time in a 'test drive' mode, Paper made it clear it was the right fit for our needs. No bloat and unused feature sets with reasonable pricing sealed the deal.

Features and pricing

Laura

Industry: Market Research

Has a lot of potential!

I work on a marketing team and I have started building my marketing plans directly in Paper for the to-do list functionality. I wish it had a regular calendar option though! Overall, it is a useful tool that is helpful for project management when collaborating.

Pros

I think the Dropbox Paper feature is fairly new. It has a great general layout where you have the ability to create tables, explain the document, make a to-do list and tag people plus make a timeline. You can highlight text or leave comments directly in the document which makes tracking progress and decisions super easy.

Cons

I really wish the to-do list had a capability to automotically put the dates in chronological order and add them to the timeline. Right now the option is there, but it is all manual. Plus, I could use more highlight color options for color coding!

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Paper

We were filling up our Basecamp storage and were looking for an option with a better search and organization capabilities. We still use Basecamp in conjunction with Dropbox.

Javier

Great tool for writing and sharing

I love this tool. I write practically all my text with it.

Pros

Paper is a incredibly well polished cloud based wysiwyg markdown editor and along with Medium has set the standard for these. It includes some handy features like tables and to-do lists It comes directly with your Dropbox account. It also has very easy sharing. But above all its minimalistic interface helps you focus on writing and removes most distractions.

Cons

Since it is markdown based, it lacks but the most basic formatting options. So if you want more visual adjustments or advanced word processing features, you won't find them in paper

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Paper

A more polished UI and a more minimalistc approach to writing

A better version of Google Docs

It helps when we have a larger story to work on or project, allowing editors to look in on work and make changes, even though we're not in the same room (or the same building).

Pros

Easy to use, perfect for groups working on projects. Not only can you share documents, but you also can get updates from different group members. In some ways, it's like a mix of Google Docs and Stack.

Cons

Nothing really. It's works well, both on wifi and using data on phones and laptops. It doesn't take long to train an employee to use it successfully.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Paper

At the time, Google Docs had issues working on some browsers. That created problems where we had some employees able to access the documents and others couldn't. Dropbox Paper solved that problem.

Simple, sometimes too much

I was using Paper in the previous company, and I remember that I liked it as long as I was able to find what I was looking for.

Pros

I liked the easiness of using the app. It's really simple to create a document, edit it, and even share it within the organization. It has a quite dynamic development.

Cons

Files organization and search. Unless you are the master of structures, you may find it hard to find a document among hundreds of others. What's more, it's sometimes hard to tell what Paper is really for: it's not exactly a good replacement for Google Docs, neither as for documentation tools like Confluence or Notion. The simplicity has its price.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Paper

Confluence was suffering from a few annoying bugs and is not as user-friendly as Paper.

Shanda

Aesthetically Pleasing Design

Dropbox paper is super easy to learn to navigate and use. With all of the choices available to you, you can make some pretty aesthetically-pleasing documents! If the people you'll be sharing with appreciate that sort of thing, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros

One of the greatest things about Dropbox Paper is that it gives you the freedom to design your documents precisely the way you want. As a result, you can make some very stunning documents!

Cons

Since a lot of the people I was sharing the documents with preferred how easy it was to use Google Docs instead, I didn't end up using it as frequently as I would have preferred.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Paper

I thought it would be easier to share and I really enjoyed the level of customization possible.

Aaron

Interactive documents

I like being able to bring my documents to life. Much less boring than plain old word processors.

Pros

We can create documents that are interactive and it adds a whole new level to word documents.

Cons

I wish it had more features like Microsoft Word. But it does ok with the basics.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Paper

Much more simpler and we already have lots of documents saved to Dropbox.

Nicholas

Helps to replace Google drive

Pros

This is a very easy platform to use for collaboration and task delegation. It functions in an analogous manner to that of Google drive.

Cons

Not as many functionalities as Google drive but very easy to use and accomplish tasks.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Paper

To try something new, always looking for new alternatives to optimize work.

Olga Liliana

Industry: Computer Hardware

Rewev of dropbox

Pros

Pros Dropbox Business is an evergreen tool that works because it doesn't make a decent attempt. You have statistics, organizers, and gatherings you may placed protection on files, on Folders and select exactly who in your organization desires the equipment swiftly. I moreover loved the simplicity of interfacing with one of a kind institutions. We had to work together on various Data records. While doing data, the executives and DropBox upheld the outrageous file length with practically no difficulty. It additionally permitted us to get a few facts about specific records pockets and saved time going to numerous gatherings to stroll through a primary hassle or minor error.

Cons

If fees i lean in the direction of a documenting device to be loose and straightforward to utilizé why Dropbox feels burdensome and wishes a redecorate to be práctical i would make the managerial element simpler to use and sell Dropbox enterprise for múltiple consumers not need absolute clients a few businesses need each patron in flix.

Agala

Good for editing and sharing docs

I generally use paper for simole everyday tasks such as doing lisys and it has been very helpful.

Pros

What I like most about dropbox paper is that it helps you focus on writing without too many distractions. I also like that you can connect your account eith other devices for easy access and sharing documents.

Cons

In as much as the app is simple sometimes the features limit you when you want to do some formatting.

Arlene

Storing and sharing of files in Dropbox

Designing a simpler approach to keep files in sync was part of making work better for individuals. Today, it entails creating solutions that decrease busywork so you may concentrate on the important tasks. The majority of productivity tools obstruct your progress. They ding, distract, and disturb the flow of your team, so you spend your days hopping between apps and tracking down feedback. It's a waste of time, not the important stuff. This is something we want to fix. I believe that there is a better way to work. Dropbox makes it easier for people to stay organized, stay focused, and communicate with their teams.

Pros

Dropbox's key benefit is that it is absolutely free. There are no hidden fees or extra expenses after you begin using the service. When you sign up for a Dropbox account, you get two gigabytes (GB) of storage space for free. This is a generous amount of storage. There are, however, ways to expand your area without spending a dime. Sending Dropbox fan mail, connecting your Dropbox to social media, and urging family, friends, and other individuals to join Dropbox are all examples of these ways. Dropbox allows you to share files. All you have to do is place the files in a folder that is designated for sharing with certain users or the general public to do this. Dropbox is also an excellent platform for storing and backing up data. This implies that if your computer or smartphone fails or is lost, you can simply access all of the files stored on it using Dropbox. This will save you a lot of time and effort.

Cons

The security of the files is one of the tool's drawbacks. Dropbox's security has been called into question. There have been a number of instances of servers being hacked and data being stolen. As a result, any sensitive information stored on Dropbox should be kept safe. The encryption used to protect user data on Dropbox is currently only known by the developers. Users are not permitted to encrypt their information before uploading it to Dropbox.

Aleksandra

Minimalism and Speed

Dropbox Paper works great in browser and on Android, allowing on accessing my notes on the go. Issues I had with its compatibility were resolved after I reported them, which made me more keen on using it as the developer team was ready to listen to issues. Despite some organization issues, it is a versatile app that streamlines the process of note-taking and makes it a hassle-free experience no matter the project type or industry.

Pros

Dropbox Paper is fast and clean markdown editor, which allows anyone to create notes on the go. Its formatting of the language is beautifully done, providing minimalist and responsive environment free from distractions or unnecessary features. The editor performs well even with hundreds of images and the formatting changes are instant. There's no limit on amount of notes or their length, taking away the worry of running out of space mid-session.

Cons

Organization of the notes lacks everything that editor has. The default view of folders is rather unappealing and the slow to adjust UI can be rather confusing, often resulting in creation of many empty documents instead of opening an exiting one. Folders are displayed as a list as opposed to a nesting tree seen in many other note-taking applications, and there is no way to set a categories for folders or color-code them for easy access. A dark mode for the app and browser version would make it a lot easier to use for those with nightly creativity surge.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Paper

Google Keep limits the amount of characters per note to around 20k. When writing novels, scripts or drafts I have often exceeded that limit multiple times, which forced me to create many parts for my notes, each of them had to be synced and managed separately when needed. It is still great for quick notes, shopping or simplified todo lists but isn't suitable as main writing editor.

Abigail

Great Software for collaboration

Great! I use Paper to brainstorm, work on writing projects, collaborate and share my work easily. The android app is a life saver!

Pros

1. Integration with Dropbox storage (I can embed a file in my Dropbox storage that others can easily access and download 2. Formatting options (H1, H2, H3, bold, underline, italics etc.) 3. Ability export to docx and pdf 4. Collaboration (I used this to collaborate with writers from all over the world, and it makes it easy to see who wrote what, what was changed, the comment option is great for chatting with collaborators) 5. Mobile app (I love this feature as the Android app works just as well as the desktop version) 6. Organizations. I like the ability to create templates that can be used for new notes, create folders and subfolders to keep my notes organized, as well as the ability invite a collaborator to work on a specific document or all documents in a folder

Cons

TABLES: There is no merge feature to merge two or more columns, also with the new change/update the ability to switch your table from full size to the usual compact size is gone. Lastly I hoped it'd be able to select all columns in the top row and make the text bold or a larger size than the rest of the table but I'd have to format each column individually.

Dropbox Paper hits the sweet spot of simplicity and functionality

I use paper for meeting notes, work-night checklists, documentation (it wiki), project tracking... and various similar features with my family with the personal account.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the tasklists with due dates and assigned users. We use this tool for so many things, and its just what we need and nothing we don't in each case. (shout out to the sorting features: ctrl+arrow)

Cons

Oh geez. I can't even. I'm trying to think of any time I've been frustrated or disappointed... nothing comes to mind. I think once the auto-renaming of URLs based on the title flaked out for a bit and make links not work right. Self-corrected.

Celeste

Industry: Printing

Lukewarm Feelings About Dropbox Paper

I've only used Paper in the limited scope that my colleagues have sort of forced it upon me during our meetings and projects together. Otherwise, I'd probably still just default to Google Docs (which is admittedly, still my go to when I'm typing up something I don't need to share outside my team). So it's possible that with more time, use, and experience my impression of Dropbox Paper will improve. But currently, it just feels like a product designed to do more or less exactly what Google Docs does. There are some differences and I will admit that I enjoy using Paper when we're brainstorming and it's a great fit for our meeting notes. I also like the organization and look of all our Dropbox Paper documents better than Google Docs and sharing within our team seems rather simple. But it just feels unnatural for me in every day use and I find it difficult to perform tasks that I can easily do within Docs. I don't necessarily dislike it - but honestly the only reason I use it is because it's been adopted by people I work with.

Pros

I like that Dropbox Paper feels like a natural fit for team collaboration and meeting notes. The templates are also very nice and useful. I like the suggested fields it offers and it does help prompt me to explore and describe whatever project my team is working on.

Cons

I have so much trouble with formatting when I'm editing a document. I spend more time trying to tweak the text I entered than it took to write it in the first place. I have trouble finding the tools I need or want to use within Paper, but this might just be because I am so accustomed to other word processing software.

Shenali

Dropbox Paper Review

Overall, Paper is great as a group work software. It's generally okay and has a easy to use interface. It would be great if tiny facts like presentation handling were further improved. Training an employee or student to use it does not require a lot of effort, so that benefit makes it stand out from the rest of the type.

Pros

Dropbox Paper is more of a unique software. It is quite easy to handle and is an excellent program for group work. The greatest feature I see is the ability to use many media types along with it compared to other programs of the same type. It's ease of creating tasks and assigning them are overwhelming.

Cons

There are not many drawbacks when it comes to Dropbox paper, except for the fact that it does not include a spellchecker which is quite annoying sometimes. If this one feature was included I think Paper would be a more popular program in the business world.

Bram

Superb note-taking tool

I've used Paper as a personal and professional note-taking app for the past few years. I see it as mainly a competitor to Evernote and Confluence, however it is superior to both in my opinion. The collaboration tools are excellent and the 'to-do' list is sufficiently powerful for the majority of use-cases. For myself, the best features are the fact that it uses normal markdown syntax and supports latex equations. All you need is a web-browser to use it and the mobile app is very solid. The app is simple, but it makes excellent design choices and as a result, anyone can use it immediately. Low barrier-to-entry and simplicity are exactly what I want from a note-taking/collaboration tool, so I would highly recommend it. It's not a replacement for a word processor, nor does it intend to be.

Pros

Simplicity, markdown syntax, latex markup, web content embedding, cross-platform

Cons

I would like footnotes and references. Performance stutters with very large documents.

Poor cross-platform support

Hakob

A very useful tool for researchers

Overall, I like it very much. I have kind of a newer-generation typing experience (with all this emojis, hashtags, code presentations, etc.). However, for more serious projects and research, I'd still prefer Microsoft Word and Overleaf. Keep the good work, guys.

Pros

✔Ease of use: It is super clean. There are no unlimited numbers of options and buttons like in Word. So if there is a need to create a simple document real quick, it's absolutely possible with Dropbox Paper. ✔LaTex and code formatting: For presenting such things as a code, it is extremely handy to have a function which allows to change the text formatting to present a code (also for LaTex). Unfortunately, they are not functional :( ✔Integration with various third party services (Spotify, Prezi, we even Instagram xD)

Cons

❗ It could be much better if it could really be integrated with such services as LaTex, BibTex, Grammarly, etc. Yet, I believe it can be improved over time.

Jan

Great for quick notes - will be there any future development?

Dropbox Paper is a quite good piece of software that helps me to be organised on my trips and share notes with my friends. I feel, however, that its development is a little bit in stagnation. I wish they could devote more care to this - especially if they could somehow integrate it into main desktop app.

Pros

I really like how quickly I can make notes and share them, ingegrate images or even Google Maps. I am using many different types of software for notetaking but I happen to come back to Dropbox Paper every time I want to make a special document for one of my trips (research or leisure) with detailed timetable, pictures of tickets, ideas etc. It is also easy to share a very user friendly.

Cons

My biggest issue is that it crashes on my Android phone (Nexus 6p). Otherwise, I think that it should be better integrated with the desktop Dropbox application. I really don't like that I have to always go on the website just to open the document and that Dropbox paper has a separate folder strcuture. It would be great if it would be simply another document in my Dropbox folder.

Online document editor

Really helpful when i drafting for our project, my other colleague can edit it and collaborate with the document. I also use Dropbox Paper as my on-the-go document creation and instantly stored on the cloud storage for easy access.

Pros

The best thing with documents stored in the cloud is, multiple users can access them. My teammates and I can be working on the same document and collaborate on it quickly. The document can be edited and updated automatically after I'm closing the document.

Cons

Nothing that i dislike about this software, everything is working, and i love working with it.

Chase

COULD be great, but it's just OKAY

Pros

Dropbox is pretty great as a streamlined, limited-option software for document creation. It is generally aesthetically pleasing and really very easy to use, especially if you want a lot of nice-looking hyperlinks (automatically formatted to embed) and photos.

Cons

However, unlike Google Docs and Google Drive, you cannot embed Dropbox Paper docs in other places. In my opinion and use case, this kills the experience of the software. The reason I like Paper is because of the ease and casualness of it. But its best use is not as a "main line," but rather as an "extension" to be utilized by some other main line—I hope that image comes across effectively. It has so much potential, but you can tell Dropbox doesn't really care about it anymore. I'm sad about that because I really do enjoy it, despite my criticisms.

Francielli

Industry: Research

Reliable storage of personal documents

Pros

I use dropbox for years with university, I find this app extremely reliable, I have it shared with other professional colleagues and I never had any problems. Always very fast to upload documents, I like the link between different devices and I highly recommend using it.

Cons

The layout has improved a lot in the last few years, I would just like the document folders that had modifications to be in a different color, it would be easy to see.

Erin

DropBox Review

It does a good job at storing all items that you may need in one location that is easily accessible.

Pros

This allows me to upload documents, pictures, etc into one location. I can then access this software from a phone, desktop computer, laptop, iPad, etc to gain access and use that document, picture, etc.

Cons

It only has a set storage limit and then you have to pay for upgrades. I thought the upgrades were too expensive.

Dropbox Paper