Browse Dropbox Paper Reviews

Habibah from Digi Telecommunications

Edit online document with ease.

I work on an IT team, and I've started using Dropbox Paper's to-do list features to create my information technology plans. However, I am hoping it had a daily calendar alternative! Overall, it's a valuable method for managing projects when working with others.

Pros

I believe Dropbox Paper is a relatively new feature. It has a fantastic general layout that allows you to create tables, describe the text, create a to-do list, tag people, and create a timeline. You may emphasize text or leave a note directly in the paper, making it simple to keep track of progress and make decisions.

Cons

I hope the to-do list could place the dates in sequential sequence and attach them to the calendar automatically. The choice is currently available, but it is entirely manual. Plus, for color coding, I need more highlight color choices so it i can distinguished between the notes or the editing that has added to the document.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Paper

Dropbox paper is more suitable for editing document and sharing it with my colleagues.

Javier from GFT

Great tool for writing and sharing

I love this tool. I write practically all my text with it.

Pros

Paper is a incredibly well polished cloud based wysiwyg markdown editor and along with Medium has set the standard for these. It includes some handy features like tables and to-do lists It comes directly with your Dropbox account. It also has very easy sharing. But above all its minimalistic interface helps you focus on writing and removes most distractions.

Cons

Since it is markdown based, it lacks but the most basic formatting options. So if you want more visual adjustments or advanced word processing features, you won't find them in paper

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Paper

A more polished UI and a more minimalistc approach to writing

Laura from Illinois ASBO

Industry: Market Research

Has a lot of potential!

I work on a marketing team and I have started building my marketing plans directly in Paper for the to-do list functionality. I wish it had a regular calendar option though! Overall, it is a useful tool that is helpful for project management when collaborating.

Pros

I think the Dropbox Paper feature is fairly new. It has a great general layout where you have the ability to create tables, explain the document, make a to-do list and tag people plus make a timeline. You can highlight text or leave comments directly in the document which makes tracking progress and decisions super easy.

Cons

I really wish the to-do list had a capability to automotically put the dates in chronological order and add them to the timeline. Right now the option is there, but it is all manual. Plus, I could use more highlight color options for color coding!

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Paper

We were filling up our Basecamp storage and were looking for an option with a better search and organization capabilities. We still use Basecamp in conjunction with Dropbox.

Aaron from Vanguard Academy

Interactive documents

I like being able to bring my documents to life. Much less boring than plain old word processors.

Pros

We can create documents that are interactive and it adds a whole new level to word documents.

Cons

I wish it had more features like Microsoft Word. But it does ok with the basics.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Paper

Much more simpler and we already have lots of documents saved to Dropbox.

A better version of Google Docs

It helps when we have a larger story to work on or project, allowing editors to look in on work and make changes, even though we're not in the same room (or the same building).

Pros

Easy to use, perfect for groups working on projects. Not only can you share documents, but you also can get updates from different group members. In some ways, it's like a mix of Google Docs and Stack.

Cons

Nothing really. It's works well, both on wifi and using data on phones and laptops. It doesn't take long to train an employee to use it successfully.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Paper

At the time, Google Docs had issues working on some browsers. That created problems where we had some employees able to access the documents and others couldn't. Dropbox Paper solved that problem.

Simple, sometimes too much

I was using Paper in the previous company, and I remember that I liked it as long as I was able to find what I was looking for.

Pros

I liked the easiness of using the app. It's really simple to create a document, edit it, and even share it within the organization. It has a quite dynamic development.

Cons

Files organization and search. Unless you are the master of structures, you may find it hard to find a document among hundreds of others. What's more, it's sometimes hard to tell what Paper is really for: it's not exactly a good replacement for Google Docs, neither as for documentation tools like Confluence or Notion. The simplicity has its price.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Paper

Confluence was suffering from a few annoying bugs and is not as user-friendly as Paper.

Shanda from Self-employed

Aesthetically Pleasing Design

Dropbox paper is super easy to learn to navigate and use. With all of the choices available to you, you can make some pretty aesthetically-pleasing documents! If the people you'll be sharing with appreciate that sort of thing, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros

One of the greatest things about Dropbox Paper is that it gives you the freedom to design your documents precisely the way you want. As a result, you can make some very stunning documents!

Cons

Since a lot of the people I was sharing the documents with preferred how easy it was to use Google Docs instead, I didn't end up using it as frequently as I would have preferred.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Paper

I thought it would be easier to share and I really enjoyed the level of customization possible.

Arlene from Tolentino Pharmacy

Storing and sharing of files in Dropbox

Designing a simpler approach to keep files in sync was part of making work better for individuals. Today, it entails creating solutions that decrease busywork so you may concentrate on the important tasks. The majority of productivity tools obstruct your progress. They ding, distract, and disturb the flow of your team, so you spend your days hopping between apps and tracking down feedback. It's a waste of time, not the important stuff. This is something we want to fix. I believe that there is a better way to work. Dropbox makes it easier for people to stay organized, stay focused, and communicate with their teams.

Pros

Dropbox's key benefit is that it is absolutely free. There are no hidden fees or extra expenses after you begin using the service. When you sign up for a Dropbox account, you get two gigabytes (GB) of storage space for free. This is a generous amount of storage. There are, however, ways to expand your area without spending a dime. Sending Dropbox fan mail, connecting your Dropbox to social media, and urging family, friends, and other individuals to join Dropbox are all examples of these ways. Dropbox allows you to share files. All you have to do is place the files in a folder that is designated for sharing with certain users or the general public to do this. Dropbox is also an excellent platform for storing and backing up data. This implies that if your computer or smartphone fails or is lost, you can simply access all of the files stored on it using Dropbox. This will save you a lot of time and effort.

Cons

The security of the files is one of the tool's drawbacks. Dropbox's security has been called into question. There have been a number of instances of servers being hacked and data being stolen. As a result, any sensitive information stored on Dropbox should be kept safe. The encryption used to protect user data on Dropbox is currently only known by the developers. Users are not permitted to encrypt their information before uploading it to Dropbox.

Shenali from University of Kelaniya

Dropbox Paper Review

Overall, Paper is great as a group work software. It's generally okay and has a easy to use interface. It would be great if tiny facts like presentation handling were further improved. Training an employee or student to use it does not require a lot of effort, so that benefit makes it stand out from the rest of the type.

Pros

Dropbox Paper is more of a unique software. It is quite easy to handle and is an excellent program for group work. The greatest feature I see is the ability to use many media types along with it compared to other programs of the same type. It's ease of creating tasks and assigning them are overwhelming.

Cons

There are not many drawbacks when it comes to Dropbox paper, except for the fact that it does not include a spellchecker which is quite annoying sometimes. If this one feature was included I think Paper would be a more popular program in the business world.

Chase from Auburn University

COULD be great, but it's just OKAY

Pros

Dropbox is pretty great as a streamlined, limited-option software for document creation. It is generally aesthetically pleasing and really very easy to use, especially if you want a lot of nice-looking hyperlinks (automatically formatted to embed) and photos.

Cons

However, unlike Google Docs and Google Drive, you cannot embed Dropbox Paper docs in other places. In my opinion and use case, this kills the experience of the software. The reason I like Paper is because of the ease and casualness of it. But its best use is not as a "main line," but rather as an "extension" to be utilized by some other main line—I hope that image comes across effectively. It has so much potential, but you can tell Dropbox doesn't really care about it anymore. I'm sad about that because I really do enjoy it, despite my criticisms.

Online document editor

Really helpful when i drafting for our project, my other colleague can edit it and collaborate with the document. I also use Dropbox Paper as my on-the-go document creation and instantly stored on the cloud storage for easy access.

Pros

The best thing with documents stored in the cloud is, multiple users can access them. My teammates and I can be working on the same document and collaborate on it quickly. The document can be edited and updated automatically after I'm closing the document.

Cons

Nothing that i dislike about this software, everything is working, and i love working with it.

Agala from Amref Health Africa

Good for editing and sharing docs

I generally use paper for simole everyday tasks such as doing lisys and it has been very helpful.

Pros

What I like most about dropbox paper is that it helps you focus on writing without too many distractions. I also like that you can connect your account eith other devices for easy access and sharing documents.

Cons

In as much as the app is simple sometimes the features limit you when you want to do some formatting.

Aleksandra from YevvieART

Minimalism and Speed

Dropbox Paper works great in browser and on Android, allowing on accessing my notes on the go. Issues I had with its compatibility were resolved after I reported them, which made me more keen on using it as the developer team was ready to listen to issues. Despite some organization issues, it is a versatile app that streamlines the process of note-taking and makes it a hassle-free experience no matter the project type or industry.

Pros

Dropbox Paper is fast and clean markdown editor, which allows anyone to create notes on the go. Its formatting of the language is beautifully done, providing minimalist and responsive environment free from distractions or unnecessary features. The editor performs well even with hundreds of images and the formatting changes are instant. There's no limit on amount of notes or their length, taking away the worry of running out of space mid-session.

Cons

Organization of the notes lacks everything that editor has. The default view of folders is rather unappealing and the slow to adjust UI can be rather confusing, often resulting in creation of many empty documents instead of opening an exiting one. Folders are displayed as a list as opposed to a nesting tree seen in many other note-taking applications, and there is no way to set a categories for folders or color-code them for easy access. A dark mode for the app and browser version would make it a lot easier to use for those with nightly creativity surge.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Paper

Google Keep limits the amount of characters per note to around 20k. When writing novels, scripts or drafts I have often exceeded that limit multiple times, which forced me to create many parts for my notes, each of them had to be synced and managed separately when needed. It is still great for quick notes, shopping or simplified todo lists but isn't suitable as main writing editor.

Abigail from The Growth Metric

Great Software for collaboration

Great! I use Paper to brainstorm, work on writing projects, collaborate and share my work easily. The android app is a life saver!

Pros

1. Integration with Dropbox storage (I can embed a file in my Dropbox storage that others can easily access and download 2. Formatting options (H1, H2, H3, bold, underline, italics etc.) 3. Ability export to docx and pdf 4. Collaboration (I used this to collaborate with writers from all over the world, and it makes it easy to see who wrote what, what was changed, the comment option is great for chatting with collaborators) 5. Mobile app (I love this feature as the Android app works just as well as the desktop version) 6. Organizations. I like the ability to create templates that can be used for new notes, create folders and subfolders to keep my notes organized, as well as the ability invite a collaborator to work on a specific document or all documents in a folder

Cons

TABLES: There is no merge feature to merge two or more columns, also with the new change/update the ability to switch your table from full size to the usual compact size is gone. Lastly I hoped it'd be able to select all columns in the top row and make the text bold or a larger size than the rest of the table but I'd have to format each column individually.

Dropbox Paper hits the sweet spot of simplicity and functionality

I use paper for meeting notes, work-night checklists, documentation (it wiki), project tracking... and various similar features with my family with the personal account.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the tasklists with due dates and assigned users. We use this tool for so many things, and its just what we need and nothing we don't in each case. (shout out to the sorting features: ctrl+arrow)

Cons

Oh geez. I can't even. I'm trying to think of any time I've been frustrated or disappointed... nothing comes to mind. I think once the auto-renaming of URLs based on the title flaked out for a bit and make links not work right. Self-corrected.

Celeste from SimplePrints

Industry: Printing

Lukewarm Feelings About Dropbox Paper

I've only used Paper in the limited scope that my colleagues have sort of forced it upon me during our meetings and projects together. Otherwise, I'd probably still just default to Google Docs (which is admittedly, still my go to when I'm typing up something I don't need to share outside my team). So it's possible that with more time, use, and experience my impression of Dropbox Paper will improve. But currently, it just feels like a product designed to do more or less exactly what Google Docs does. There are some differences and I will admit that I enjoy using Paper when we're brainstorming and it's a great fit for our meeting notes. I also like the organization and look of all our Dropbox Paper documents better than Google Docs and sharing within our team seems rather simple. But it just feels unnatural for me in every day use and I find it difficult to perform tasks that I can easily do within Docs. I don't necessarily dislike it - but honestly the only reason I use it is because it's been adopted by people I work with.

Pros

I like that Dropbox Paper feels like a natural fit for team collaboration and meeting notes. The templates are also very nice and useful. I like the suggested fields it offers and it does help prompt me to explore and describe whatever project my team is working on.

Cons

I have so much trouble with formatting when I'm editing a document. I spend more time trying to tweak the text I entered than it took to write it in the first place. I have trouble finding the tools I need or want to use within Paper, but this might just be because I am so accustomed to other word processing software.

Bram from Huami

Superb note-taking tool

I've used Paper as a personal and professional note-taking app for the past few years. I see it as mainly a competitor to Evernote and Confluence, however it is superior to both in my opinion. The collaboration tools are excellent and the 'to-do' list is sufficiently powerful for the majority of use-cases. For myself, the best features are the fact that it uses normal markdown syntax and supports latex equations. All you need is a web-browser to use it and the mobile app is very solid. The app is simple, but it makes excellent design choices and as a result, anyone can use it immediately. Low barrier-to-entry and simplicity are exactly what I want from a note-taking/collaboration tool, so I would highly recommend it. It's not a replacement for a word processor, nor does it intend to be.

Pros

Simplicity, markdown syntax, latex markup, web content embedding, cross-platform

Cons

I would like footnotes and references. Performance stutters with very large documents.

Poor cross-platform support

Hakob from Czech Technical University

A very useful tool for researchers

Overall, I like it very much. I have kind of a newer-generation typing experience (with all this emojis, hashtags, code presentations, etc.). However, for more serious projects and research, I'd still prefer Microsoft Word and Overleaf. Keep the good work, guys.

Pros

✔Ease of use: It is super clean. There are no unlimited numbers of options and buttons like in Word. So if there is a need to create a simple document real quick, it's absolutely possible with Dropbox Paper. ✔LaTex and code formatting: For presenting such things as a code, it is extremely handy to have a function which allows to change the text formatting to present a code (also for LaTex). Unfortunately, they are not functional :( ✔Integration with various third party services (Spotify, Prezi, we even Instagram xD)

Cons

❗ It could be much better if it could really be integrated with such services as LaTex, BibTex, Grammarly, etc. Yet, I believe it can be improved over time.

Jan from Education Management

Great for quick notes - will be there any future development?

Dropbox Paper is a quite good piece of software that helps me to be organised on my trips and share notes with my friends. I feel, however, that its development is a little bit in stagnation. I wish they could devote more care to this - especially if they could somehow integrate it into main desktop app.

Pros

I really like how quickly I can make notes and share them, ingegrate images or even Google Maps. I am using many different types of software for notetaking but I happen to come back to Dropbox Paper every time I want to make a special document for one of my trips (research or leisure) with detailed timetable, pictures of tickets, ideas etc. It is also easy to share a very user friendly.

Cons

My biggest issue is that it crashes on my Android phone (Nexus 6p). Otherwise, I think that it should be better integrated with the desktop Dropbox application. I really don't like that I have to always go on the website just to open the document and that Dropbox paper has a separate folder strcuture. It would be great if it would be simply another document in my Dropbox folder.

Francielli from Unesp

Industry: Research

Reliable storage of personal documents

Pros

I use dropbox for years with university, I find this app extremely reliable, I have it shared with other professional colleagues and I never had any problems. Always very fast to upload documents, I like the link between different devices and I highly recommend using it.

Cons

The layout has improved a lot in the last few years, I would just like the document folders that had modifications to be in a different color, it would be easy to see.

Erin from LCPS

DropBox Review

It does a good job at storing all items that you may need in one location that is easily accessible.

Pros

This allows me to upload documents, pictures, etc into one location. I can then access this software from a phone, desktop computer, laptop, iPad, etc to gain access and use that document, picture, etc.

Cons

It only has a set storage limit and then you have to pay for upgrades. I thought the upgrades were too expensive.

Sanel from Infinite Software Solutions Inc.

Dropbox - Another Great Collaboration Tool

A very good product overall.

Pros

Easy to use collaborate. Great in professional and educational environments. Able to manage project easily and seamlessly. Consolidated project aspects easily.

Cons

Mobile app could use an offline mode. Can also be replaced with Google Drive for a free experience if you're willing to sacrifice some of the more advanced features and consolidation of project details.

Stephanie from McHenry PD

Industry: Law Enforcement

Love it Love it and Love it Some More

The benefit is the ease of access both on my phone and through chrome. It is a quick place to take notes or for long term projects. It helps me share documents that I need to have other opinions or help on. I am very thankful for Dropbox Paper!

Pros

I use this every single day. I use it to write blog entries, to keep track of memberships (spreadsheet feature), and I am able to share the content with others and easily!!

Cons

The only thing I would even begin to call a "con" is I wish the "paper" documents showed up in the main dropbox instead of having to locate the "paper" section.

Jonathan from Faith Lutheran High School

Great Sharing tool

This has been a great product from the first time I used it and it still is a great product!

Pros

I love Dropbox because I can share any document with my colleagues and I have the ability to receive notifications when someone has shared a document with me!

Cons

There are a ton of functions that Dropbox has and I haven't had any issues with their product! I always look forward to the updates too!

Kristi from Consumer services

Easy to Share Files among Users

I think the products works for what we do. If there were many people on the file, constantly saving changes it would not be a good fit, but this is not the case for us.

Pros

The admin can put documents in the box at any time and I can make changes as I go. It makes file sharing so easy for all involved. Several people can be on one file at a time.

Cons

When more than one person is on the file and an individual saves changes, it makes a whole new file. It is often confusing as to which is the most up to date file at that point.

Natacha from NW Translations

Industry: Translation and Localization

A pretty simple and very efficient tool to work on documents as a team!

I find Dropbox Paper to be a very functional choice to work on documents as a team, not only due to the editing & organizational tools, but because of its sharing options and the possibility to include rich media links/files.

Pros

This Dropbox function is for free if you have a Dropbox account. Pretty simple in its deployment and easy to use, its main and super top feature is its collaboration functionality: you can write or create texts and share them right away through the platform with other members of your team, like reviewers, editors, etc. You can add comments, assign tasks to different persons via E-mail or by @ naming them, set due dates, etc., keeping track of the revisions and developments at the same time. And a great plus is that it supports a variety of media from diverse sources, such as pictures and videos.

Cons

Although the application is centered in document creation & edition, the fact that the formatting bars are not fixed but floating make the platform a bit "untidy" to work with.

Writing on Dropbox Paper feels very natural

Dropbox Paper shocked me on how much I learned to love the product. I thought there wouldn't be many differences in Paper and Google Docs, but I much prefer to use Paper.

Pros

Everything looks beautiful when you write it using Dropbox Paper. It's easy to collaborate between teammates on one document and I love the additional features such as commenting.

Cons

Although there are folders, it's a little difficult to organize all the documents I write. I would to see the option to create templates as well.

Sherry from Hi-Tech Electronic Mfg Inc

Dropbox

My overall experience with Dropbox has been good. The ability to upload files for suppliers to retrieve and quote parts I need versus having to physically send the hard copy files through the US mail, delaying receiving quotes.

Pros

What I like most about Dropbox is the max upload size.

Cons

What I like least about Dropbox is not being able to hide private files.

John from John Martin Live

Industry: Music

Another great collaboration tool by Dropbox

Pros

I really like this simple tool. It is easy to use and it's really clutter-free. Collaboration is easy with this awesome app. I can add users or attendees and mention them. I can also use them for notes and brainstorming ideas. I also love the fact that I can choose a template to work with. It helped me to save time.

Cons

It is not as advanced as other collaboration tools. But for me, it works really well and I love its simplicity.

Ellie from University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Best Product Ever

Pros

Dropbox is the best way to access documents from anywhere and share with others regardless of what type of document you are saving. You don't have to just use Microsoft Word or just use PDF's, you can save and share anything.

Cons

No problems- love Dropbox with all my heart.

Andrey from Medical Devices

Industry: Medical Devices

Excellent online share app

My experience with Dropbox has been pretty good no complaints besides the fact that the free version might need a bit more space

Pros

Dropbox was one of the primary founders of mass storage on the cloud. During my university career, it was one of the most useful and innovate tool I basically used it in every course as a container where you were able to share content with your colleges, nowadays I think still is a great tool that can help to manage a lot of information regardless the finally.

Cons

If you like the free version and maintain many GBs on the cloud, you may need to move to the business version for more space.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Paper

more suitable for everybody, more efficient

Ina from WVP Broker de Asigurare

No need to worry anymore that you will lose your files

It is a software that I kind of started to use automatically. It is just a part of my must-have softwares :).

Pros

I like the most that it saves the files automatically. Anything can happen and information is ...priceless. Having it backed up is great, especially if it is done automatically. I also like the option that you can go into your Dropbox account, take a photo (you go on your phone) of your notes and save it and you can access it immediately on any device.

Cons

Didn't find any cons - I mean you do need an internet connection, but this is normal for something that works like this.

Jake from Fertile Minds

Stand Out Software for Quick Collaboration and Note Taking

So far it has been a great tool for keeping track of Client specific documentation and for keeping notes for all of our meetings both internally and with clients.

Pros

Paper provides quick access to tools within every document which allow for teams to quickly brainstorm ideas, track changes, take notes and comment on each others ideas. Not a ground breaking product but has inbuilt simplicity that is tough to compare to.

Cons

When the software was newer you could not delete documents however this has since been resolved and now only the user who created the document can delete it. Admins still cannot delete documents created by users.

Pros

I really like how the software allows you to do automatic updates. This saves so much valueable time because the files I selected are set up to automatically back up even while I am running other programs.

Cons

I do not like the size limits for the value.

Petra from Translation and Localization

Industry: Translation and Localization

An online shared "big sheet of paper" to be creative and have fun

I love the funny design, support and functionality of Dropbox Paper. It becomes a tool, I can not imagine to work without.

Pros

I have got a great experience using this tool. I love the shorcuts, which help me to work more efficiently and creatively there. I love the way how its automatically connected with my business Dropbox. The easiness and fluidity of sharing and collaborating with colleagues from another country is a pure magic.

Cons

Sometimes, I am getting lost in my Paper files. Probably I just need to learn more about organizing them in Dropbox Paper. So, there is some learning curve for sure.

Irina from Samsung Fire and Marine Insurance

Nice software to edit docs together

Pros

We started to use that platform to work on the documents within a team. It is really easy and comfortable. Also, the price is comparatively good

Cons

We didn't face any troubles or difficulties while using the software yet.

Justin from S9 Consulting

Great application, task management is disconnected though.

Great! I've using it since it came out and when you need a collaborative writing tool it is fantastic.

Pros

Paper gives you a great interface to quickly take notes with other colleagues in real time. In our current remote work world it is critical to be able to stay on the same page and this helps greatly.

Cons

It is great to be able to enter tasks but Dropbox doesn't have a task management feature so if a client asks for something that requires a task (everything) you can create it in this document but then you have to manually create the tasks in Asana, Teamwork, ClickUp, etc.

Toyin from bello dating

Industry: Capital Markets

Good product

Absolutely great

Pros

Drop box is a great product i love it. Its compatible with all my other devices and its fast

Cons

Honestly i cant really think of any negative points its a great product with lots of space

Prabhu from cognizant

Secured place drop your files

Pros

1. Easy to sync up the file with cloud, so working with team members they will view updated version of that file. 2. Even though we deleted some of our files accidentally, we can retrieve it back with help of version saved in dates.

Cons

1. Downloading files from cloud taking more duration. 2. difficult to upload the folder directly to the cloud.

Akinwale from HOS Consult Limited

Dropbox for cloud storage

I have been using dropbox for a while now and it's quite interesting, am good with the 2gb free storage.

Pros

One of the best cloud storage I have used. It has greatly reduced my paper works. I have access to my data anywhere, anytime.

Cons

Dropbox is quite expensive to run because of the cost of data. working on those file on the cloud and saving it again cost much

sheza from Otrainings

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best place to share files

Pros

It is easy to install on your computer/laptop and quite easy to use. Dropbox Paper is an excellent way to share the files. You can sync easily across all the connected devices.

Cons

Sometimes, it becomes unresponsive, and uploading takes a lot of time. Other than that, I found it perfect.

Daniela from Fireworks Tornado LTD

Very useful platform to exchange documents

We need to collect permits from several instances and share all the documents in Dropbox. It is very convenient when you have folders for each event, you can keep track of deadlines, stages of task completion, etc.

Pros

We use it to prepare and share document for fireworks show and other event. It's easy to attach a document and anyone else who has access to the folder for this event can see it and to know what happens.

Cons

Sometimes it is not so easy to reach and to see document from phone, but this is not do big problem.

Vinoch from Cinergix Pvt Ltd

Secured place to store your files and documents.

I use this in my organisation to store and share files with colleagues. And now I use the dropbox paper to take notes in weekly iterations and share them with my team.

Pros

It is accessible across all devices and easy to share the files with others. With new dropbox paper, it is now easy to take notes and sync with dropbox.

Cons

As free plan they can provide more storage. Compare to competitors like Google Drive and One Drive, Dropbox provides less storage as free plan.

Danilo from AlmavivA

Simple

Pros

It is a simple tool and offer a good way of storing my files

Cons

They could offer more free space in the free version

Cynthia from UC Berkeley

Perfect for minimalists!

Great collaboration tool for users who simply want to work together on a text editing platform or users who want to brainstorm or take notes. It has limited functionalities for those who want to input a lot of their own design or creative ideas or want to insert a lot of images/tables/charts.

Pros

- Very clean and simple interface. There is not cluttering of tools which can be overwhelming for some so I can see how this would be perfect for minimalists. - Integrates well with Dropbox so if you store files there, it is a great way to integrate this into it too - Allows users to work on a document together - Works well on phones, laptops, tablets etc.

Cons

- Limited formatting options (H1, H2, H3 and then just bold, italic and underline) - Difficult to resize and move pictures around freely

Lesa from Lesa's Sweets and Treats

Great program

I like that I can save something in here and it doesn't go away. I can sign in to dropbox from anywhere and see what I have and then share with whomever I want.

Pros

This program is good for sharing with others. You can share folders with different people and they can share with you. I have shared graphics, songs and papers.

Cons

The program is good and I haven't found anything that I don't like. It has been a good program for me and my family to use

Jason from Media Production

Good for Collaboration

I used this app whenever a new idea for a chapter arrived and sent it to my friend to edit, he got an email alert instantly and it went back and forth like that for a while.

Pros

It was offered through my drop-box account which was free. I signed up for the trial and forgot about it renewing. So I kept using it and was able to collaborate with a good friend of mine on a graphic novel project over long distance. It is amazing how in this age, that you can work virtually from everywhere and this program was a big help with producing and editing content in a matter of days.

Cons

You must have an account with those whom you are communicating with. So after that is set up then you are good, however it is impossible to double sign in under the same account.

Ahmed from University of South Florida

Industry: Research

Documents and Data cloud storage

Pros

It makes it easy to make backups for all my research data and also share it with other lab members.

Cons

The preview option needs optimization as when I try to view a document the image resolution is low in my opinion.

Titus from TaRL Africa

Dropbox Paper user review

awesome experience, I liked the to-do list feature

Pros

I liked that I can create to-do lists assign folks and even put a deadline and that it reminds people when they are expected to deliver. This is cool to me for collaboration and for a team working together

Cons

That I have to be online, not sure I can do this offline, I have tried but the paper takes me back online

Sven from Heckele Translations

Industry: Translation and Localization

Great additional tool from the Dropbox toolbox

Working with editors on a text during the later stages of a translation is were Paper really shines for me. You can quickly agree on edits and save time explaining things in chat windows.

Pros

First, I love that it is free. It's the perfect format to integrate files and collaborate with other translators. Seeing changes done in real time just never gets old to me. Works great on Windows 10 and I was surprised by how well the Android version handles itself. There, all the files and text within you current project is just one long smooth scroll away.

Cons

For Android, I would really like the option of zooming in and out with my usual hand motions. The scrolling is very nicely done but sometimes I would just like to focus more on 1 part.