• Pros

• "Endless Possibilities , Easy to Use, and the constant desire I have to want to add more, track more and never fail with all my crazy ideas."

• "I like the ability to update only one file and it updates all. I also like being able to click on a file and see everything regarding that file."

• "Very simple and yet powerful. Makes working with spreadsheets easier and much more effective, helps to keep track of information."

• Cons

• "A little bit complicated, but it has to be if you want this kind of tool."

• "at this time they left the platform this is a setback, I thing they need to reconsider to not close the plataform. "

• "It looks simple but if you want to really use it, the threshold is higher than actually only following the tutorials. I could never do what I wanted quick enough so other solution became handier"

Browse Fieldbook Reviews

Neeraj from Impact Analytics

Powerful to use database

Accuracy and savings in time.

Pros

I use this as a light-weight project-tracking sheet. Breaking down tasks and allocating them to team-members allows me to track projects at a macro level while allowing individual team members to view their own set of tasks in an organized summarized manner. Making global changes across sheets when you make a change is a huge time-saver.

Cons

The tool would become more powerful if we could add some more customized formatting like colors. While its similar to excel in many respects, there is a bit of a learning curve which can be overcome if you go through their documentation and tutorials (both are quite good).

Jesus from Hotel Plaza Venezuela

Excellent for creating and managing your spreadsheets on the Internet

Its biggest benefit and difference with other applications is the ability to link several columns and when a change is made in one affect all others that you selected, this is very useful when having several files with repeated information that must be changed in each one of them.

Pros

This application is excellent to work your spreadsheets in the cloud, I use it for those files that are necessary to change at all times and not limit me to my desk or office, it gives you the freedom to access data anywhere, be a meeting or being on the road and someone asks you for information, really useful in that sense, the difference with other programs that do this and where it is most useful is that you can link several columns of different files, so when you modify a they modify all of them, it's great for workers' pay sheets where the bonuses that they give according to their salary that you have in other files are modified, this is a tremendous help.

Cons

The problem is that if you do not have internet you can not work on your files because it is a cloud program, this is a strong disadvantage if you have all files there, you must create backups and when your connection returns, update your files contained in the cloud.

Joe from C4 Atlanta

One killer feature, but a couple of crucial features missing

Our organization determined a long time ago we needed a cloud-based database solution that we could integrate with our website, but would also make it easy for us to build reports. Finally, last year, we found two solutions built specifically with this idea in mind. We ultimately chose Fieldbook because of a killer feature: MailChimp integration. Fieldbook's tight integration with MailChimp is especially impressive. Fieldbook does a lot of things right. After showing off Fieldbook to the rest of the staff at work, they are incredibly excited to begin using the tool. Two crucial features are missing that have made it difficult for us to move forward in carrying our own Fieldbook integration to production. The API works okay for very basic CRUD capabilities, but that's about it. The missing piece in the API is getting metadata -- information about the tables. This missing piece makes it difficult to take full advantage of the features an API could offer. The other missing feature: we cannot import a CSV file to an existing table. We can only import to a new table. Having said all that, Fieldbook's simple interface for managing the vast array of features they offer makes this application exactly the sort of solution we have been looking for. We're excited to use it and hope to see its continued development.

Pros

Ease of use, MailChimp integration, CRUD RESTful API

Cons

Needs import/update feature, Metadata API, performance improvements

Oscar from Spectranet Limited

Fieldbook is second nature.

Pros

I use Fieldbook primarily because of the ease of use ,it provides myself and my team. Fieldbook is very friendly for everyone who has used Excel,Google sheets or any form of spreadsheet before ; as there is very little difference between the user interface of Fieldbook and the above listed Spreadsheet tools. Fieldbook enable my team create web forms and we use it in collating data from potential customers in our market niche. It has also been very useful to tracking our list ,amongst other benefits.

Cons

Fieldbook is a web based solution , therefore we always need to have access to the internet to be able to use Fieldbook. Also would had been great to be able to use Fieldbook for a bit of financial accounting work but obviously that isnt the case.

Sofia from CANTV

Go beyond in the management of data in the cloud

To be able to have a simulation of a database of relational data to create views on basic data for different purposes, be it working hours in relation to project, perosonal, server log and duration of jobs, etc., this application helps a lot in this sense and It has other good uses that everyone must discover.

Pros

Although there are several options for editing and saving files in the cloud and with more recognized companies, Fieldbook is a very attractive option and what makes it so original is a very good functionality that allows you to work with columns that are in other sheets, a behavior similar to a relational database, is something unique, when you have to keep many data linked and send them to different people, this helps you a lot, think about all the possibilities, you can also create views between several sheets , to show those values you need is great, its price is very good and it has a reliable system with few errors, besides being a cloud service, you can work together with other workers and get very good results.

Cons

It requires even add more features to create a more complete and striking application to the market, although its iteration between sheets in very good, still needs to improve much intelligent information systems, make a little more intuitive this functionality so that the average person can use it more easily

Lloyd from William Lloyd Associates

What an easy to use and brilliant piece of software

I love this software. the learning curve was so fast considering its power and what it can do. I ran through the training videos a couple of times and followed along and I was ready to go. I had my own database up and running in less than an hour which blew me away. compared to other databases I have tried this is by far the easiest and yet powerful one I have used.

Pros

I love fieldbook. It is easy to use and create powerful relational databases. The support is great and they are very responsive. I had my first database up and running in less than an hour and, with a little help from support worked out the formulas to manipulate the data. They are introducing new features all the time and run a regular live training webinar where they run you through the basics and answer your questions and walk you through any problems step by step. I cant say enough good things about this software.

Cons

IT is a relatively new and there are some limitations at the minute. I cannot setup different views for different people. So, I wanted to be able to allow the agents to see their leads but not the other agents. This is not yet possible. There is a work around and it is on the their wish list.

Edward from Hong Kong Baptist University

An exception software with a sad end

Saved a lot of time and allow my data to be stored meaningfully. So sad it is not available any more...

Pros

A great way to link data for many uses. I made it as my accounting database for online income. Did a great job indeed.

Cons

Shut down suddenly. This says it all. All my data and the time to set up the relational databased/forms were wasted.

James from Self-employed

As a freelance graphic designer I use fieldboo every single day to keep track of my client projects

Pros

What I like most about Fieldbook is how easy and effectively I can keep track of all my client projects and how it allows me to have everything all in one place. This makes it a lot easier to manage my projects when I have a large amount of ongoing work.

Cons

I have always felt there is a large chunk of features missing from Fieldbook, it has opportunity to be a fully fledged project management app but instead it has minimal features and functions

Ana from Diffco

Must have software if you work with spreadsheets

Managing spreadsheets

Pros

Fieldbook is a lifesaver. It makes working with spreadsheets so much easier. Free trial worked perfectly for us and helped to understand the tool and its functionality

Cons

Just one thing I can think of. As it is a Cloud platform, you can not edit your files if you are not online. It is a big disadvantage of Fieldbook.

Marian from Jet Set Go

Powerful for managing spreadsheets

Pros

It has great functionality and allows you to work with columns in other sheets. This relational database keeps data linked.

Cons

A big disadvantage becaue it's a cloud based program, you cannot work on your files offline or when there's no internet available.

Julian from Midwest Machine

Industry: Machinery

Great Product, Excellent Service

I have migrated 2 of my businesses out of excel and into Fieldbook. This has allowed me to not only save time but also be more accurate. I can link data together instantly and easily, apply functions, and create contextual structure for my data. It also looks good on mobile and I recently built an MVP for a service in an hour and shared the link. We were able to instantly gauge interest and are already working on building out a new product. Unfortunately I find it so useful to my business that I have added so much data the application is starting to slow down and is becoming more difficult to use on a daily basis.

Pros

Super quick to build the structure to improve upon data in a spreadsheet. It is great as a single source of truth, as it can most accurately link and store all the data needed. There is no manual linking spreadsheets. I also like the page navigation. A lot of attention to detail for the browser back and forward, or re-viewing a sheet (holding sheet location, including view). Another great pro is the ease of doing filter and sort. Really slick to almost never need to type on the keyboard to use those functions.

Cons

I know it's early for the software so there are some bugs (I've already notified Jason). The one issue that is cropping up a lot lately, is that I am getting a lot of info in one book, and that book is becoming slower to use (especially on lower power devices, my desktop is pretty powerful, but laptops are pretty laggy.). ----ADVICE CONTINUED---- I think there is a great opportunity for using your system to build a simple ERP system. Many small businesses can't afford $20k ERP software and it is usually overkill for the size of their business. So they are left with Excel. There is a wide chasm that your product fills. I am using it in two businesses that have a total of about $2m Revenue. We can't justify the cost for an ERP system, but we can tailor Fieldbook to be exactly what we need, and is easy to add to it when we feel the need to. With Fieldbook to hold data, and Trello to display the data we have built something far more valuable than any ERP system can provide to us. We are just trying to bring them together in a manner that is automated and that product would be worth big money in our industry. If you are interested in seeing the would-be competitor (low end ERP) check out http://www.henningsoftware.com/ They get about $8k per seat for Fieldbook+Trello (minus the automation between database and display, and some automated formatted outputs (currently Sheets app script)). I would be happy to give you all my information to see someone build something better.

Ian from Kitbashive

Almost worked for me

I started using fieldbook as a way to organize the engineering information for a product design company, with an eye towards using it as my go-to tool for organization of any kind, from personal to work life. For me, it's important to have ONE location where I store all the information in my life, so that I'm not constantly wondering where I stored a piece of info. That is the main reason I have come to accept Workflowy as my main organizational tool, and stopped using Fieldbook. One thing that annoyed me about Fieldbook is a weird scrolling behavior. When I scroll down on a sheet, then try to scroll back up, it jumps up to another position, which becomes quite disorienting on a long list of items. I think the only other criticism I have of Fieldbook is that it can be a bit challenging, especially for new users, to find a "foothold" when looking for information. When pieces of data are linked together in different ways behind the scenes, and when all the different fields look exactly the same, it's difficult to understand the hierarchy of data. I know, the relational database mindset is that all the data is flat... but hierarchy always exists in our minds, so some way to visually understand that hierarchy I think is important. Perhaps you could provide access to CSS, so that certain fields can always be styled a particular way. This would make it easier to understand where you are in the data structure when you are suddenly launched to a new view. Workflowy doesn't have structured data like Fieldbook, but the ease and speed of searching, and the undeniable simplicity of an indented list just makes it the better choice for me. Fieldbook may still be in my future, especially as my businesses grow. I think it's a solid tool, and I'm sure it works perfectly for many others who aren't obsessed with organizational tools like I am. I know this is probably far away from your company goals, but what would get me excited is a tool that works and looks like workflowy, but incorporates structured data like fieldbook. Perhaps this could be a simple "skin" that just uses the data from fieldbook and displays it in a different way. Cheers! Ian

Pros

structured data, simple interface, speed

Cons

maybe all the table lines? And the time it takes to re-orient my brain each time I click something and the view changes.

Gregory from Rutgers University

An app that finally fills the gap between easy-to-use spreadsheets and inaccessible databases!

In Fieldbook there's finally an app that fills the gap between easy-to-use spreadsheets and inaccessible databases. I've used it for keeping track of student grades and assignments, for planning conferences, for indexing a book, for keeping track of gifts I've given and am planning to give, for tracking Christmas cards, for organizing data for a job search, and even for organizing the dishes, ingredients and steps for a complex dinner party. Whatever your use case, if there's data you want to interrelate easily, and be able to view in different ways, Fieldbook is a great step forward over previously available tools. I used to start such projects in Excel and then, when they'd get to complicated have to move them to MS Access, which always required a lot of time for set up, and has a notoriously unfriendly interface. Now I can start in Fieldbook straightway, or just copy spreadsheet data into it, and almost immediately get all the functionality of a Database.

Pros

It's a lightweight database with the friendliness of a spreadsheet.

Cons

There's no way to run formulas over the multiple items linked to in a cell to yield multiple results.

Chris from BMA Marketing

Fieldbook could replace SFDC & MS Access

Fieldbook is what I have always wanted Google Sheets to do - support relational data! As a past MS Access junkie and current aPaas nut, I am searching for a fast, clean and AFFORDABLE way to create solid database driven web apps. I currently use LongJump.com (aka AgileApps). I stopped increasing/advancing my development in LongJump since I found it did not scale well. Years ago the management team decided to limit the number of times you could run a process on your data to 50 a day. This was a showstopper. Plus, the cost to store data was painfully high. How can AWS offer data GBs of storage for pennies? I suspect these limits and costs are why the platform did not become popular and the company was sold to a German business (Software AG). I recently got into Progress Rollbase. It's pretty good but the terrible search has stopped me cold. My users must be able to find the data they need! So far, Fieldbook solves my cost and clean design needs. What Fieldbook is missing for me in order of importance... *** Lack of custom form design... Managing a task well can often turn into requiring many dozens of fields. Even a customized form can become dopey over time if it requires the user to scroll through many feet of interface. Most aPaas platforms have collapsible sections to solve this. That's a great start, but don't stop there. I strong suggest you support "tabs" so that a section can have horizontal tabs. By offering both section and tab elements, even a form with 100+ fields will appear to be tidy and clean, offering only the info the user wants to drill down to. On a related note, a hot trick for good form design is to create a Summary section at the top of the form that uses calculated fields, pulling the most useful info (Account & Contact name, City & St, best phone #, client type, last order date, total sales, etc.) into an easy to absorb summary. This approach can allow a form that has many sections to initially be displayed as collapsed - nice and clean! *** Triggers by data event or on a schedule LongJump calls them Data Policies. Once I have my data stored, I want to act on it. Perhaps a Zapier integration could solve this. Thanks again for taking on relational databases!

Jason from Bluebo Trading

Loving my database

I've been using Fieldbook for the past year to manage several online, product-based businesses that require multiple levels of related information in the product assessment process. I rely on Virtual Assistants across the globe to gather information and to enter it into their respective areas of my Fieldbook application. This allows me to perform calculations and to extract critical information for management decisions. There's no system that I've found (outside of proprietary systems or SAAS systems costing a lot of money) that allows for this multi-level amalgamation of data. I'm a software developer and e-commerce business owner and am extremely happy with Fieldbook, with the service that I've received and with my simple solution that does complex wonders. Thanks guys - keep up the great work. Regards Jason

Pros

Simple to use relational database that allows for multiple levels of 'nested' data in an easy to use interface.

Cons

Not able to share books with edit-only contacts without them being able to make a copy of the entire book. Have always hoped that the team would remove the ability for anyone with less than admin rights to copy the book.

juan jose from CANTV

A smart way to manage data in the cloud

Excellent to manage data in the cloud that you need to relate and work together, to have an order in an important data and that you need to be accessible everywhere and can be modified.

Pros

There are many options to create and manage spreadsheets on the Internet, from those offered by Google to those of Microsoft itself, but the fieldbook bet is something different, it is a web application in which we can load data from different sheets and link some columns with others, as if it were a relational database. When we make alterations in a value, all the linked data sheets will be updated immediately. This is very impressive and opens the door to an infinite number of possibilities that depends on the use you want to give it, it gives you the possibility of handling unified data that, according to your changes, affects many other files having a highly maneuverable and efficient behavior.

Cons

In principle it will consist a bit to understand how it works and if you make an error in a calculation or a data and this affects several files can bring great problems, you must be very careful with the data.

Tim from Filmstro Ltd.

Industry: Music

Spreadsheets are fun! But collaboration can be hard

Fieldbook brings the simplicity of Excel to the web, and allows seamless collaboration via a very intuitive user interface. But the real power of Fieldbook lies in the API. Via simple HTTP endpoints you get complete control of your data, but also access to Codelets and other tools you can use to create complex APIs of your own.

Pros

Very simple Create powerful APIs with no, or very little coding No more Excel files being send as email attachments

Cons

API limit rates. As our application grows, we have had to implement a simple cache

Denise from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis

Industry: Libraries

Very promising start-up product

If you're looking for an affordable alternative to full-featured databases that is also perfectly intuitive for spreadsheet users, this is the best web app database product, and I tried maybe 3 or 4 options before going with this one. There are still a few features I need missing, but I'm sure they'll come along later. The pricing is also very fair and scales to your API use, so you can get started quickly and scale up when you need it. I use it to organize research data that is edited and shared between two people.

Pros

Free to start, intuitive, easy to share between remote workers

Cons

I learned traditional databases (SQL etc), so there's a few basic database search functions that I would like that are not available. There also isn't a change-history log, which I would like to track editing. I also would like to use it on iPad, which is not supported.

Tom from N/A

Use Fieldbook, it's the best

I made Fieldbook databases to track recipes by ingredient, track weekly project iterations, and log workouts. It does a great job for all three. Almost every time I imagine a new thing I want a database to do, Fieldbook has a button for it. And its auto-complete for formulae is amazing! Fieldbook is solid. It's far better for personal databases than any other spreadsheet and is nicer to use than anything by FileMaker, including Bento. I do run into features that aren't there. Every once in a while, there will be a piece of data that you can't write a formula for, or a join that you can't write. But as I page through my databases, I'm having trouble remembering what they were because they were never crucial to getting the job done. The phone interface is unusable. The UI is fine except that it's too slow. While entering data, I need to refresh the page every few minutes because the tab crashes.

Pros

UI

Cons

Limitations that result from being a website

Lorenzo from N/A

Efficient, easy, simple and beautiful

I just love the product, the easiness of use and the awesome speed and care of the customer support. Using the tool on a daily basis, I highly recommend it.

Pros

- No installation required, everything from the browser - No flash - Clean, good UX/UI - Smart

Cons

- Reports and forms not available on mobiles - Linked field can't show up in forms if they link to sheets that have multi-field names or numeric ID names - No offline access compatibility mode

Tim from Goosemonkey, Inc.

Excellent software

I'm in sales and the web CRM tools that are provided to me at a Fortune 100 company are cumbersome and outdated. Most of my peers use Excel to manage their business. When I found Fieldbook, it was a breath of fresh air. The speed and ease of use are amazing. Jason, the CEO, would respond directly to my questions and ideas. It's been a VERY useful tool for me and I've introduced a few of my peers to it as well. I think this is a new class of tool that is very useful and the potential is just being scratched. I'm eager to see where Fieldbook takes thing going forward.

Pros

Ease of use, speed, UI

Cons

I'd like to see a few upgrade: conditional highlighting, better speed with larger datasets, a way to easily update datasets as new data becomes available for import

Felipe from CANTV

An intelligent way to manage data in the cloud.

To have a unique service of relations between columns of different files in the cloud, giving me the possibility of generating data in an unbecoming way, relating files and using the data of each one to carry out intelligent views among them.

Pros

It is an excellent and innovative way to manage data in the cloud, why I do say this, because its main attraction practically allows you to manage a relational database in the cloud, this is fantastic, you do it through the spreadsheets, so in different files you can link the columns of one file with columns of another, making the possibilities of working and managing the data infinite, being able to print or show views of the results of the relations.

Cons

As it is a service in the cloud, it does not allow you to access when you are not connected to a network, and the relation service between columns will not enjoy it, if you were counting on a view and you do not have access, even if you have the files you will not be able to see, you must always keep this in mind.

Adam from Liferay

Simple to use, sophisticated in the details: the next step after spreadsheets and databases

Fieldbook is one of the rarest services I consider indispensable today. Not only I got to replace all my spreadsheets with it, now I have the power of a database to deal with the data. Also, the APIs allow me to automate much more and the omnipresence of a web app is worth it. The creators clearly paid attention to details there: the UI is full of little, apparently inconsequential details that make it a please to use. I would only note that the Web app is quite slow and heavy, they could improve that for sure. Besides that, Fieldbook just changed the way I tabulate my data these days.

Pros

Easy to use. Favors well organized data. Powerful queries. Omnipresence. Good APIs. Well-crafted UX. Great customer support.

Cons

Slow and heavy.

Leonardo from Private Equity Bay

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Great product with great support

I have basically started an information company using Fieldbook. It greatly simplified the process of data structuring and gave new life to the many spreadsheets I had collected. The support was always very open not only to solve issues/bugs, but also to improve and add functionalities. Great product for entrepreneurs!

Pros

The way info is linked seamlessly and viewed as well as the navegability between different tables.

Cons

Sometimes the system gets slow. The size limit of databases

Dylan from Mulch For You

Industry: Facilities Services

Wonderful Product

It took us a bit of time to figure out how to get the most out of Fieldbook but it is now meeting all of our needs. It allows us to track all of our jobs throughout the different stages. We are currently working to integrate it into all aspects of our business. Its especially helpful that the interface allows less computer savvy members of our staff to easily use the system.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. Modular like ability to only add on features/fields that you need

Cons

Only complaint so far is that it sometimes freezes/double enters. Possibly a connection issue on our end

Steven from The Social Deck

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great UX & UI, awesome support

Have been using Fieldbook now for about 9 months. It has opened up a world of possibilities for designing and developing database driven services for our consultancy and our clients. The support is out of this world (literally ask a question and get an answer usually within 10 minutes. There is so much potential for this app!

Pros

Extremely intuitive and easy to use. Powerful feature set. Easy to build a database quickly and flexible enough to make changes to the underlying structure down the line. We use it for entire business processes and to build strategies and evaluation for clients.

Cons

I would love Zapier integration!

Michelle from Powered by Search

Fieldbook Solved My Messy Spreadsheets

My job requires me to juggle a lot of blog post ideas, writer names (and contact information), and calendars. I used to use Google Sheets to collect it all, but I was always toggling between different documents and sheets to make it work. Once I started using Fieldbook, I could keep all of the content production details in the same place, and easily navigate to the information I need.

Pros

The ability to save filter views and name them as tabs. Also, "grouping" cells is my favourite feature.

Cons

I wish there was more training documentation for power-users who want to learn more about writing formulas.

David from NerveCentral

The next evolution of spreadsheets

I've programmed databases in the past, but even I used spreadsheets as they were far easier and quicker to set up. Now you can have the benefits of a database with the ease of use of a spreadsheet'it's a no-brainer. When I set up a book in Fieldbook for a client project and do a quick screencast for the client showing them how it works'they get it in a flash and they see the power it has over your standard spreadsheet. Great product and I'm looking forward to see it evolve over time.

Pros

Ease of use and versatility.

Cons

Not always apparent to new users what it can really do, what you can make with it. Need more tutorials and case studies.

Great for working with spreadsheets

Easy spreadsheet management

Pros

Cons

Not having access to manage files offline. I understand that nowadays devices are always connected to the internet, but sometimes, for example when you are in the airplane, there is no wi-fi connection.

David from Myron Corp

This Software is one step ahead on spreadsheet tools!

Pros

This tool simply makes you feel like a Pro on spreadsheets. It's amazing how easy you can manage your database. Nice templates to use, easy to link different sheets, I would really recommend this.

Cons

Not that much to complain about but sometimes it takes too much time to follow commands I would say it's a server problem but I can live with it.

Kortnee from The Trainer's

Endless Possibilities with a Rock Solid App

I have been using FieldBook for about a year, and I must say it has come through with everything I throw at it. I am a CRM and Database Specialist for over 15 years and love how Dynamic and Powerful FieldBook is. Once you start building, you will find yourself constantly thinking of how you can take it to the next level, how to get more details but yet easier to mange. FieldBook has truly exceeded all expectations and can't wait to see what the future brings! Currently I use FieldBook for a personal side project, and can't stop praising it's ability and where I would be without it (boring excel)

Pros

Cons

None that I can honestly think of at this stage.

Matthew from Tinkering Labs

Great Tool for a quick shareable database

We launched our product (the Tinkering Labs Electric Motors Catalyst) with a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo. It was a great launch - which means that we were has thousands of products to send out, and a complicated mishmash of data sources to wrangle. Some people had ordered twice, some had changed their minds about products, some took advantage of short term special offers, and they all needed to have the product delivered by Christmas. Fieldbook made it easy for us to merge all this data, create consolidated packing lists for each delivery address, and get our product out on time while ensuring that we were as efficient as possible with shipping expenses. Thank you Fieldbook!

Pros

Quick, easy to use, affordable, reliable.

Cons

I was a beta user and ran into a couple of bugs... but they were all fixed very quickly by the Fieldbook team.

Pat from ContagiousLA

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

The Best Way to Spreadsheet

Fieldbook single handedly combined all of my Google Sheets into one searchable and comprehensive database. Plus the staff is incredible and gave each member of my team one on one support to understand and improve our experience! Great People, great program, no brainer!

Pros

Search-ability and sheet linking keep all my info neat but connected!

Cons

A bit slow performance wise.

Petr from UXWell Education

Takes good care of capturing (and letting us look at) variety of information

We're an innovative education company founded in 2014 that is running multiple professional development programs in the digital design space. Fieldbook gave us one location to capture and hold information about our participants and payments to be processed in one source. It's very easy to build additional views (e.g. expected payments by participant, unpaid invoices by company) and we're exploring new ways how to integrate it into other communication channels (connect the database of our lecturers to serve as the data source for our website, etc.).

Pros

A slick and simple user interface. Even untrained people can use it. And this is a User Experience Designer say it. So that means it's like a Rolls Royce ;) Speed, responsiveness. Works amazingly fast. Never experienced any hiccups.

Cons

Still some features missing like national date formats, more sophisticated calculations.

Lori from Zillow

Great Features, Looking Forward to More

I love having the ability to sort into other spreadsheets that all update at the same time. I am looking forward to being able to do more, formatting-wise (different colors, bold, etc.)

Pros

Cons

It is a bit difficult to create your initial form. I like the link function but wish we could link to other fields.

Arthur from Autodesk

Offers a critical feature missing from all other solutions

Having the power of a relational database with the ease of a spreadsheet makes this the ideal solution for a number of applications, from tracking gym logs to job hunts too complex project management. While I have not used it myself yet, the API is a really nice touch, which overcomes data migration challenges and enables integrations with other solutions. I do wish, however, that there were native graphing capabilities and that the mobile interface were more snappy.

Pros

Power of relational databases Ease of spreadsheet Clean, friendly UX API

Cons

Mobile interface is sluggish for large books

Dean from Segment One

Amazing Tool We Use Daily

Fieldbook is a great tool that we make use of every day. Its flexible enough to perform a ton of tasks and we've used to it several times as a proof of concept for procedures and workflows before building out a dedicated tool.

Pros

Fast and easy to use. Great feature set without being overwhelming. Fantastic support.

Cons

There is nothing any more, any issues I've ever had have been fixed by the team.

Leticia from Piano teacher

Great tool if you know what you are doing! :)

I am using fieldbook to manage my students (I'm a piano teacher in a public school of music). It's very very very powerful and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity of use this tool that has made my work easier that ever.

Pros

Powerful tool

Cons

A little bit complicated, but it has to be if you want this kind of tool.

Anna from Mortech/Zillow

Fieldbook is a great tool!

We manage hundreds of investors and Fieldbook allows us to create various reporting lists. The lists are for various reporting types which keep us on track. I love the way we can sort and search and link each list to each other. It is a very helpful tool for my job!

Pros

The various lists you can create and link to each other.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit slow if there is a large amount of data entered at one time.

Jeff from Health IQ

Awesome simplified Google Sheet with easy to use API.

Pros

Simple interface, and easy to use API to access the data programmatically. Pretty much has all the functionalities I use on Google Sheets. I have slowly moved a lot of my data from local excel or Google Sheets to here, so I can access it programmatically easily.

Cons

It was a bit buggy when I first used it end of last year, sometimes data will be saved two times, and sometimes will not be saved. Very rarely though, and probably was because of the internet, not sure. They have recently updated, I haven't had the issue for a while.

Ryan from Powered By Search

Don't know what I did before

As someone who has to work with 4 different departments to make a seemingly simple task happen, I find this tool invaluable to keep things moving forward

Pros

Slick and simple design

Cons

None at this time. Does exactly what I need

Francisco from CANTV

A different bet for the management of online spreadsheets

Being able to simulate a relational database in excel sheets to manage data in different documents that communicate with each other.

Pros

Although there are several options for online management of spreadsheets and companies of great reputation such as windows and google, Fieldbook bet for some different features that give you a plus, for example the ability to load data from different sheets and link some columns with other something like a relational database, it is a very important plus that can help you in many tasks and perform calculations and substitutions that in other tools would take a long time, this is their main weapon and for which it is worth trying and use the tool.

Kim from CareWell Urgent Care

I love Fieldbook

I wish I had more time to dive in and use this awesome tool. Instead of the plethora of spreadsheets that I have which are related, I am able to easily connect the information (drag & drop) on a common field and link the information which has been invaluable and what a timesaver. Also, I can do with Fieldbook what I've never had the time to do with Access.

Pros

Many people already have spreadsheets developed and they're usually related in some way. This allows you to relate fields by drag and drop and combine spreadsheets easily. Way easier than Access.

Cons

The only thing I recommended to the owner was to be able to copy an entire spreadsheet page over to a new one rather than use the copy and paste function.

Fayssal from Telematik

A must have tool !

We use Fieldbook for sales, HR and inventory, very simple with the same ease of use of Excel and extremely efficient, you feel like creating your own software, love it !

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Add a new row (have to use mouse right-click )

Danielle from E8

Life changer

Okay I know that sounds dramatic, but I'm kinda serious. My partner recommended this to me. I have been using it for about a week now and not only do I feel more organised than ever, I'm eager to get back to it as part of my working routine. It would be nice to see a form/template/option to link heavier word count items, in addition to the 'link sheets'. But then, I suppose that's taking it out of format. Super easy to use and, like I say, life changer.

Pros

Easy to use Clean to look at Scope of sheet functions

Cons

Would be nice to see a sheet compatible for longer word items

Diana Carolina from Hotel Casa Blanca

Personally, it has been very useful for me, because I have a lot of information that must be ordered

It helps me to do my job more easily, to have it in a safe place and to be able to use the information in different ways.

Pros

the facility to find the way to tabulate and order without errors.the versatility of the tables and thethe unlimited space.

Klaas from Klaas Nienhuis

Great for developers

I use Fieldbook mainly as a backend. It's a great way to connect a database (your books and sheets) to your own software or to create prototype APIs. As a developer for desktop applications Fieldbook helps me with sharing data, working with APIs and setting up workflows shared with other people. Since each Fieldbook comes with an API you can talk to your data immediately. But for me the best feature are the codelets. These are mini-servers capable of running your code, talking to Fieldbook or doing totally unrelated tasks such as sending out emails. Each codelet comes with a long list of javascript modules preinstalled. Fieldbook is my go-to platform when I need to host data for one of my applications.

Pros

It's very flexible. I can easily shape my Fieldbook to suit the needs of my projects

Cons

Up-time could be better.

Juan Carlos from Unicomer Group.

Awesome simplified Tool for Business

Kind of reminds more of Lotus Notes, in terms of data handling (in "pages") but much more flexible in terms of use. No need for coding, you can easily add fields and link up multiple data views.easy to use, flexible to extend and modify, works good across multiple users accessing the same data.

Pros

Sometimes I have some small set of data and I want to access them with code for displaying or analyzing. This is a very nice alternative to setting up a database because it is very intuitive to update the data. It is a great oportunity If you want to handle information. Easy to learn and use. Built in API was very useful. The support team are very helpful and quick to respond.

Cons

It should be an option for chating or sharing the sheets. It should be a great idea to have more promotions for small enterprises. But in general I really recommend this producto software.

Vincent from Just Darling

Perfect for managing spreadsheets on the internet.

Pros

Easy to filter and sort spreadsheets. The interface is fairly simple. It is a lightweight database. Free trial.

Cons

A big disadvantage is that you can not work on your files if there is no internet available because this is a cloud based program.

My company gave fieldbook a run for our operations when I first started. we used for internal Comm

it was an easy way to build internal documents that could be updated and shared among team members. That was the feature I liked most from this product. It made sharing information easy and efficient.

Pros

I thought it was neat that the team could build books together. This allowed everyone to drop knowledge as they discovered it. It also made document sharing easy and concise. I appreciated having an easy way to check for updates or find relevant documentation to my issues.

Cons

I actually liked the software very much. After i got the hang of navigating around it was easy for me. Definitely surprised they are shutting down.